Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: The No Bang Theory

• Start Topic

On 2/2/2021 at 9:53 AM, Colfrmb said:

So today everybody is trashing Big Mike and y’all finally wore me down a little.  I forgot his previous wife “switched teams” when she left him.  If I was Nat, I would be assessing that scenario with a fine toothed comb now that Nat is here -and I would be rummaging for, and asking to see pictures, etc.  What happened and why.

Ha!  If I were Nat, I'd be claiming to "switch teams" too, just to mess with him for being such a jackass!  And then get on the next flight home.

• LOL 4

All of these 9DF couples drive me crazy with their insistence on having big traditional weddings! Most of them do not have the cash for that kind of thing and many times it means that the family of the foreign half of the couple can't be there. Go the courthouse or Vegas and elope and plan a celebration later.

Also while I'm on a soapbox, the 90 days isn't supposed to be time for you to "decide" whether or not you want to get married! It just provides a timeframe in which you need to get legally married so we don't have people hanging out forever because they're going to get married someday.

Someone mentioned Jovi's Solo cup. Most NOLA bars have a stack of Go Cups (or Geaux Cups, if you prefer) next to the door so you can take your drinks with you. I'm sure it was just something he had brought home. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

If I had to wake up sandwiched between Tarik and his kid every morning, I would be Debbie Downer too! Agree that Hazel isn't all that in the looks dep but then, neither is Tarik and neither was Minty. Or Minnie, whatever TF her name was.....I also wish they would stop calling her their ex GF. Tarik is a sex tourist who prefers Thailand for his shopping and she was the working girl he paid for a long term three way. There, I said it. 

Also, ditto what someone said earlier about "the farm." It is a rundown rambler house with some nice land that these swinging hoarders have cluttered with animals and lord knows what else. I used to live in an ag reserve part of my county where we had a lot of actual farms and the houses were nothing like that from the outside. His parents have a point that he should bank as much cash as he can before he gets married and they start life together, but the way they hold "the farm" over his head, I think there is more to it than that. Maybe they have bailed him out and been financing this whole relationship all along? And yes, Brandon is a little shit. In that restaurant conversation he laid all the blame on Julia instead of being a big boy and saying guys, I do not want to keep working and living on the farm. As soon as we are married we are out on our own, we'll see you maybe for Sunday dinners. 

True to all of this - if I were Hazel (please Lord no) I would take that spare room as my own and let Tarik co sleep with his daughter.  She is probably confused enough by everything and now you are bringing another lady into the pic?

I, too, am tired of hearing about THE FARM.  I am from Minnesota, and you don't have a farm.  You have a hoarded up home on some acreage with some animals that are kept in cages.  

• Like 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Nancybeth said:

All of these 9DF couples drive me crazy with their insistence on having big traditional weddings! Most of them do not have the cash for that kind of thing and many times it means that the family of the foreign half of the couple can't be there. Go the courthouse or Vegas and elope and plan a celebration later.

I'm all for eloping in every circumstance.  I was really fortunate and my parents wrote us a very generous check for a wedding, and said do what you want with it.  we paid 20% down on a house in a very expensive city....and had a tiny family wedding at home.  that house was the best investment we could have ever made.

I'd rather have an SUV or a home...or a big ass diamond and a Rolex.  expensive  wedding, nah.

• Love 10

Brandon and Julia: You know, I’ve been on Julia's side with their whole situation. She came to the U.S. to be with Brandon, not work on a farm. She needs to spend time with him before they get married and his parents’ rules just don't make sense, all things considered. But it's their house, I get it, so Brandon and Julia should leave ASAP. Brandon doesn't handle any of his conversations very well, and he blames Julia when he should explain why and not make them think she's a demanding brat. I think her requests are reasonable, and Brandon's parents are not reasonable. They are so manipulative, and because they know his financial situation, they are taking advantage of him. They get upset if he even mentions moving out.  I don't think they will ever let him go free. If they don't want him to be independent, then they will have to put up with Julia too. 

Mike and Natalie: Looks like this man has officially checked out. It’s uncomfortable to watch. He purposely says things in a hurtful way. It’s like he is holding it over her head for giving back the ring so the punishment goes on her. They need to split. He always has a smerk on his face and he was mean this episode.

Jovi and Yara: How Jovi reacted to Yara’s pregnancy announcement was unfortunate and sad, but understandable in that she’s lied to him before. I thought it was ridiculous to have to watch her take the test though. The way he stayed in the washroom to watch her pee...yuck, he has some trust issues to work out.

Looks like no new episode next Sunday because of the Super Bowl. See you guys in 2 weeks!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, christmaslights said:

I'm all for eloping in every circumstance.  I was really fortunate and my parents wrote us a very generous check for a wedding, and said do what you want with it.  we paid 20% down on a house in a very expensive city....and had a tiny family wedding at home.  that house was the best investment we could have ever made.

I'd rather have an SUV or a home...or a big ass diamond and a Rolex.  expensive  wedding, nah.

You are my spirit animal.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

Also while I'm on a soapbox, the 90 days isn't supposed to be time for you to "decide" whether or not you want to get married! It just provides a timeframe in which you need to get legally married so we don't have people hanging out forever because they're going to get married someday.

Absolutely. I worked on some K-1 visas myself right out of law school at a low cost clinic, the 90 days isnt to "decide" to get married, its for wedding planning and logistics. You're supposed to be committed to getting married when you apply for the K-1 visa. That's why Mike and Natalie's situation aggravate me so, if Mike had changed his mind about marrying her why did he let her come??

• Love 11
On 1/31/2021 at 10:29 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

Natalie is certainly no prize, but I don’t understand why Mike agreed to bring her over on the K-1 if he doesn’t want to marry her. It’s not like they were happy when she first got here. He seemed over it the last time he was getting his hair cut, before Natalie even arrived.

Can you imagine if he tells her she has to go back?  He looked disgusted in the gift shop when she started harping on the wedding plans.  I don’t get why he said he loves her in his thinking head.  Doesn’t look good for her.  She will become a pain in the ass nagging wife.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

That part really ticked me off! I thought that the whole internet would be only talking about this for days.

I thought this would have been the snarkiest take away from the whole episode.  I commented on their thread that he totally ignored her desire not to feed and care for "cute animals" and that she would continue to sleep in her storage closet as long as she didn't have to be a farmhand.  Then at some point he seems to imply to her that she won't have to work and she can sleep with him.  He  thinks he has just made every one happy, but Julia will be angry when she ends up having to work the "farm" and his dad will be angry at the mere suggestion that they lighten the load on Julia.   Brandon and his parents are just awful.  He will never have a career as a diplomat.  He misrepresents to everyone so he will end up with everyone mad at him.   I find him unappealing in a season of unappealing males (I was going to see men, but both he and Andrew and Ryan seem like overage teens).   Brandon, Tariq, Ryan and Andrew all seem to be losers, but they all have got their women so I guess they have something I cannot recognize.   I am meh about Zied and Mike, but at least Mike has a cute cat.   This season really sucks.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

I find him unappealing in a season of unappealing males (I was going to see men, but both he and Andrew and Ryan seem like overage teens).   Brandon, Tariq, Ryan and Andrew all seem to be losers, but they all have got their women so I guess they have something I cannot recognize.   I am meh about Zied and Mike, but at least Mike has a cute cat.   This season really sucks.

It is boring and horrible acted.  The only male worthwhile is Zied.  I feel bad for him, being drilled by Rebecca's friends and family.  No, he CAN'T work as it would be illegal.   I used to kinda like Big Mike but his passive aggressive stance is painful to watch.  Natalie is no prize but be upfront with her.  All of these people seem to be 15 emotionally - let's talk about your cute face or butt or cat or whatever but not real issues.

• Love 10
On 2/1/2021 at 11:10 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Lady, do you want to be a mommy figure or a lover?  Take your pick.  They way he was laying here, SO CHECKED OUT, it was cringy.  

It was painful. Or maybe he was just stunned at her saying such pathetic things in front a camera crew. Or maybe he is just awful.

Also his uneven goatee bottom looks like testicles.

• LOL 5

Okay, I am probably the last person in the world to discover Auntie's Advice on youtube.   She did say she will watch and report on all the Discovery+ stuff so we don't have to watch.   She also does a good imitation of Natalie's clenched teeth speech.  I may quit the actual show and just watch her. 

• Love 3
On 2/2/2021 at 11:16 AM, Bugfrey Von said:

Oh! And Mike hates Natalie. Like, he can barely contain his vitriol and disgust. Are prostitutes that expensive in Washington? Bc they’d sure be a lot less grating on the nerves!

I was told by a guy that you don't pay a prostitute for just the sex, the price includes for her to go away after sex, horrible, right? LOL.  

• LOL 7
12 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I was told by a guy that you don't pay a prostitute for just the sex, the price includes for her to go away after sex, horrible, right? LOL.  

That’s terrible, but it would sure have saved Mike a lot of angst and eye rolling. 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Bugfrey Von
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I am sick of the "well-meaning" friends/relatives (such as Rebecca's pal) feeling the need and obligation to ask the "tough questions"; i.e. grilling the poor new-to-America fiancé when they are tired, disoriented and-- well, when it's not that person's business to begin with.  I was cringing at Rebecca saying to her friend, "well, what do you think?" -showing Zied off like he was a cattle at auction.  Her sobbing at the "ex" discussion (No. One. Cares.) was so stupid and fake.  And I want to know how someone can have their entire body festooned with tattoos but doesn't have a bed frame or a couch to sit on.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18

Honestly, I don’t blame Mike for checking out. In the episode when Natalie called Mike stupid (asking about his IQ) and then called him a “low class drunk” in his own home that she has done nothing but complain about (“too cold” “it smells”), I would have been DONE.  I actually gasped out loud when she said “low class drunk” man. Say that to the wrong man or woman, and you’d be looking a domestic violence situation. Imagine the reaction if Natalie called Father Brandon a low class drunk in his home?? 

Those are real fighting words, and while I would never resort to physical violence, if a person I was dating started with that IQ talk and then called me a low class drunk? In my own home? There would be FIREWORKS marking an instant end to the relationship. I admire Mike for reacting relatively calmly on camera.  

Natalie’s desperation is palpable. She wants a child badly, and ironically she pushes buttons and asks “innocent questions” like an immature child. I’m fine with Mike treating her the way she does. She needs to take the hint, go home, freeze her and eggs and get some therapy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, HelloOutThere said:

Those are real fighting words, and while I would never resort to physical violence, if a person I was dating started with that IQ talk and then called me a low class drunk? In my own home? There would be FIREWORKS marking an instant end to the relationship. I admire Mike for reacting relatively calmly on camera.  

I would have loved to see Mike say something like, "It's handy that you haven't fully unpacked.  Now you can put all the stuff you DID unpack back into your suitcases and I'll call you an Uber.  Surely with your high IQ, you can figure out how to buy a ticket to Ukraine at the airport.  You wouldn't want to trust a low-class drunk man with that responsibility."

• LOL 4
  • Love 15

Because we have no social life anymore (thank you so very much, COVID) I recorded the show last night so I could see the bonus segments.  I did ff thru the rest of it, so it probably took all of 15 minutes.

I also FFed thru the bonus section with Tariq and Hazel because I cannot even watch their regular segments anymore.   She seems flat and is phoning in her performances.  He seems to be going overboard in his to make up for hers.   He cannot be so stupid that he thinks his daughter will never ever see or hear about his being on this show.  I hate when the 90 dayers put their children on the show.  As for sleeping arrangements, he can let her fall asleep in their bed, then he can carry her to hers.  They need to make her room attractive for a little girl to get her used to being in it.  I really cannot stand him.  Maybe he is that stupid.

The bonus with Yara and Jovi was just ridiculous.  In short,  he has to cook for her to make up for not believing her when she told him she was pregnant.

There was a bonus section where Natalie and Mike raced on their nature hike.   When he made that crack about her wearing make up to go on a hike, she should have said I am wearing make up because they are filming us.  I think there may have been a little more bonus footage in the shop in Sequim but that whole segment was awful the first time so I ignored it.

the bonus scene with Brandon and his ma just reinforced the lack of boundaries in that family.   I am going to repeat what I said on their thread. Even if Julia gets what she wants, that is 1. no farmhand duties 2. sleeping in his bedroom with him 3.  moving somewhere on their own, soon  she will will have only achieved a pyrrhic victory, because this family is so dysfunctional that it will follow Brandon.  She may think living on their own will be a "geographical cure" for what ails this family, but it won't unless Brandon makes some major changes which will be hard for him.  I know much of this is scripted, but I think the TLC people picked up on the dysfunction in the family and ran with it. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

Because we have no social life anymore (thank you so very much, COVID) I recorded the show last night so I could see the bonus segments.  I did ff thru the rest of it, so it probably took all of 15 minutes.

That's my strategy for all of these shows with bonus scenes.  They get caught on the DVR by the season pass and then I "watch" them on fast forward until I see a bonus scene tag. 

• Love 1
On 2/6/2021 at 10:01 AM, HelloOutThere said:

Honestly, I don’t blame Mike for checking out. In the episode when Natalie called Mike stupid (asking about his IQ) and then called him a “low class drunk” in his own home that she has done nothing but complain about (“too cold” “it smells”), I would have been DONE.  I actually gasped out loud when she said “low class drunk” man. Say that to the wrong man or woman, and you’d be looking a domestic violence situation. Imagine the reaction if Natalie called Father Brandon a low class drunk in his home?? 

Imagine the reaction if Natalie called Uncle Beau a low-class drunk. . . if she allowed him back into his residence, where she lives.

• Love 2

Maybe I am the outlier. But if Julia is living on Brandon's parents farm, why is it so horrible for her to spend a couple hours a day working ? Is she supposed to do literally nothing ? This is Brandon's fault, I don't know what he told her, but if he isn't providing a separate home for her and she has to live with his parents ,. I see it as fair to help out.  

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Maybe I am the outlier. But if Julia is living on Brandon's parents farm, why is it so horrible for her to spend a couple hours a day working ? Is she supposed to do literally nothing ? This is Brandon's fault, I don't know what he told her, but if he isn't providing a separate home for her and she has to live with his parents ,. I see it as fair to help out.  

You aren’t alone. I’m thinking if I had to move to the States and live in a rural area, I would be happy for the distraction. Julia isn’t allowed to work until the adjusted status comes through so why not just help out on the farm?

What’s the alternative? Move to a new apartment with limited funds and just stay at home with no one or nothing to keep you company?

• Love 3

I don't think Julia wants to do NOTHING to help out.  Maybe she would be more willing to do things in the house.

I'm a city slicker.  If I were invited to stay on a farm in a place where I really wanted to go, I would be happy to help out IN THE HOUSE.  I think she said early on (perhaps even before she arrived) that she didn't think farm life was something that she would want to do.  And (if I remember correctly), she said even then that she would come back home rather than doing farmhand work.  (Paraphrasing)

I'd be the same way.  Treat me like an adult, tell me BEFORE I GET THERE what the expectations are for what you want me to do.  Let me be part of the decision-making process.  Julia appears to have been given no choice.  "You'll need to do this (feed the animals) EARLY every morning."

• Love 9
17 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I don't think Julia wants to do NOTHING to help out.  Maybe she would be more willing to do things in the house.

If I was Julia, I'd get up early, do my farm chores, get cleaned up and crawl back in bed for the rest of the day. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 1/31/2021 at 10:41 PM, CruiseDiva said:

To get laid.

All that money to bring her over just to get laid?  Yeah, I can believe that.  Maybe he’s exhausted all the girls down at the town bar where he lives.  Or maybe that curly mop on her head thrills him.  And those gigantic lips that don’t shut up.

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

If I was Julia, I'd get up early, do my farm chores, get cleaned up and crawl back in bed for the rest of the day. 

Julia just isn't a morning person.  This is not really a lifestyle she chose.

Three of them work day jobs, why can't she have dinner waiting when everyone gets home, pack lunch and do dinner dishes?  The three of them were managing farm chores before she came on the scene, if they really want her to earn her supper, make her prepare it for everyone.  

Julia's instincts are right, his parents aren't going to blame Brandon for this betrayal, they are going to blame her, and Brandon routinely throws her under the bus so there is that.  

• Love 5
On 2/6/2021 at 7:01 AM, HelloOutThere said:

Natalie’s desperation is palpable. She wants a child badly, and ironically she pushes buttons and asks “innocent questions” like an immature child. I’m fine with Mike treating her the way she does. She needs to take the hint, go home, freeze her and eggs and get some therapy. 

The only blame I have for Mike is for agreeing to this at all.  

I don't care about IQ, but if he thinks it through, he has to see that there is no good ending where the two of them are married and together.  

Does he really think she changed her entire personality over a year?  Of course she didn't.  The first time we saw Natalie is exactly who she is, because she had Mike wrapped around her little finger and she didn't feel the need to put on an act.  

Mike may be doing all this with the intention of hurting her as much as she hurt him, by being cold, distant and denying her the ring.  But, its clear that he no longer sees her through sex-tinted glasses and the less she has him wrapped around her finger, the more desperate she becomes.  

The minute she has the upper hand, she will be 100% bonkers, 100% of the time.  

Natalie wears way too much of whatever brown bronzer, blush or highlighter, but she is still in good shape and has that whitewalker look that a lot of men will go for.  This relationship is a bust, she should go home, regroup and work harder to hide her insanity until a man actually marries her.  

Also, I'd be very hard pressed to believe someone who bragged about a high IQ.  IMO, I'll see a high IQ, I won't need you to tell me about it.  

• Love 4
On 2/5/2021 at 6:06 PM, KateHearts said:

I am sick of the "well-meaning" friends/relatives (such as Rebecca's pal) feeling the need and obligation to ask the "tough questions"; i.e. grilling the poor new-to-America fiancé when they are tired, disoriented and-- well, when it's not that person's business to begin with.  I was cringing at Rebecca saying to her friend, "well, what do you think?" -showing Zied off like he was a cattle at auction.  Her sobbing at the "ex" discussion (No. One. Cares.) was so stupid and fake.  And I want to know how someone can have their entire body festooned with tattoos but doesn't have a bed frame or a couch to sit on.

Rebecca is a spineless turd, who seems willing to let her friends and family humiliate Zied while she sits around making sad faces and chewing the inside of her cheek.  

These aren't her parents who are doing this, its her child and her friend.  There is no reason why Rebecca couldn't have a very direct conversation with all parties ahead of time to cut this off at the pass.  "Hey, maybe I'm making a mistake, I don't know, but under no circumstances do I want to be saved from any of this, and if you embarrass him, you won't be seeing much of me"

She is nearly 50, and she cannot stand up for herself or her relationship.  Her dissolution into a puddle of tears over her friend bringing up the fact that she and her ex lived in the same building was disconcerting and seemed very manipulative.  

Her friend was delighted to be a shit, just like her daughter and fiance.   

If Zied leaves Rebecca, everyone will be quick to say that Zied was just a user and they knew it all along, but the fact of the matter is that he may take off because her family and friends are constantly interfering, judging and humiliating him and Rebecca does nothing to stand up for him and he is over it.  

• Love 11
On 2/1/2021 at 9:49 AM, ethalfrida said:

Did anyone actually see tears from Betty? 

LOL, no, I noticed that too.  She may have managed to come up with some moisture around the tear ducts, but nothing fell, and certainly nothing in proportion to the amount of ballyhooing she was doing. 

On 2/1/2021 at 10:08 AM, Dobian said:

It's a tossup on who is less into their women, Mike or Ryan.  The looks of total bored indifference on their faces in every scene was hilarious.

My parents are first generation Belizean immigrants, so needless to say I'm more familiar with the culture than the average bear. 

First, let me assure you that there are far, FAR better looking Belizean men.  

Second, I knew that Ryan knew, but I think its entirely possible that Harris told him.  Belize is, for better or worse, still a very old school and patriarchal society. 

I think that, no matter how Ryan talks, Stephani is going to bear the brunt of the blame for sleeping with Harris.  The way the mindset is, is a little like 1950s America in that way....men just cannot help themselves when sex is offered and women who offer easy sex are classless sluts, responsible for a mans bad behavior.  

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Ryan and Harris are just as close as they ever were and both work double time to fleece stephani for as much money as they can get.  Neither of them have any respect for her, because in their mind, she isn't a "respectable" woman.  A respectable woman would be church going, modestly dressed and would behave with the maturity that Stephani doesn't have.  

I'd bet my bottom dollar that Ryan was and IS cheating on Stephani, but as long as you don't have solid evidence of his affair and are stupid enough to believe that those text messages were just "for fun" he is going to go with that.  

When Stephani DOES have incontrovertible proof that Ryan is cheating, he will use Stephani's cheating to justify his affairs.  

Sadly, there are a lot of Belizean men who are rolling stones.  There are also a lot of good and respectable men, but there are quite a few men with multiple children from multiple women and the MAN chooses the family he wants to be a part of and can be quite cruel and stingy towards his other children.  Sadly, women who get these men to "stay" with them see themselves as having won some fantastic prize and have no problem withholding resources and contact with other children.  I think that the more this goes on, the more it seems acceptable to everyone.  Women are routinely low-key blamed for being "sluts" while men are just "doing what comes naturally"

There are amazing Belizean men too, but they wouldn't consider Stephani a catch.  They do not want to be taken care of financially.  Whoever this girl is that Ryan is texting with, he probably turns right around and spends his money taking care of her because this is what they believe a good man would do for a good woman.

There are these men, I don't even know what to call them, but they are like resort town lotharios.  Very charming, low key and agreeable.  They will flirt with anything that moves and looks female.  My dad had met one of these guys when he visited San Pedro, and thought he was a nice enough guy, so he paid him a few bucks to drive my mom and I around when we got there and to serve loosely as "protection".  That guy...."Bones" spent the next two to three days flirting with me mercilessly.  It was that icky sort of over the top, saccaharine sweet flirting.  If you're a woman with even a shred of self-esteem, you'd laugh at it.  But, someone like Stephani, who doesn't have a lot of self-esteem and is desperate for male attention to feel young and beautiful would be a perfect mark.  Its probably a numbers game, especially at the resort.  Your success rate is low, but your attempt rate is high.  

I don't feel very sorry for her, because IMO, she is trying to buy him and she is also trying to gaslight him (its YOUR FAULT I SLEPT WITH YOUR COUSIN HARRIS! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY NO TO NICE MEN!).  I also think its fucked up that he is basically working for free since the resort owner isn't paying him and is for sure using his labor.  However, I don't think Ryan or Harris give a shit about Stephani, except for what money she can send.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

Also, I'd be very hard pressed to believe someone who bragged about a high IQ.  IMO, I'll see a high IQ, I won't need you to tell me about it.  

If I was a woman, I'd be very hard pressed to marry a big doofus that lives in a depressing and smelly little house in the middle of nowhere. Oh! I forgot about the ridiculous 5 hour roundtrip commute the big dummy has everyday.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

If I was a woman, I'd be very hard pressed to marry a big doofus that lives in a depressing and smelly little house in the middle of nowhere. Oh! I forgot about the ridiculous 5 hour roundtrip commute the big dummy has everyday.

He has what he can afford and so much the better for him.  I would never want a man who lived above his means.  

As for the smelliness, there is a good chance she is making it up because Natalie is batshit crazy. 

His commute is crazy but Seattle is super expensive and Sequim and the surrounding areas may not have the same job opportunities.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

He has what he can afford and so much the better for him.  I would never want a man who lived above his means.  

As for the smelliness, there is a good chance she is making it up because Natalie is batshit crazy. 

His commute is crazy but Seattle is super expensive and Sequim and the surrounding areas may not have the same job opportunities.  

Apparently he hasn't found any American women that feel the same way. FYI, I can't stand Lockjaw Natalie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

There are these men, I don't even know what to call them, but they are like resort town lotharios.  Very charming, low key and agreeable.  They will flirt with anything that moves and looks female.  My dad had met one of these guys when he visited San Pedro, and thought he was a nice enough guy, so he paid him a few bucks to drive my mom and I around when we got there and to serve loosely as "protection".  That guy...."Bones" spent the next two to three days flirting with me mercilessly.  It was that icky sort of over the top, saccaharine sweet flirting.  If you're a woman with even a shred of self-esteem, you'd laugh at it.  But, someone like Stephani, who doesn't have a lot of self-esteem and is desperate for male attention to feel young and beautiful would be a perfect mark.  Its probably a numbers game, especially at the resort.  Your success rate is low, but your attempt rate is high.  

I had this same experience in San Pedro! No amount of "no thank you" would make an impact. My Aussie pal was specifically looking for a fling on that trip and these guys were so over-the-top it actually turned her off, even cute ones she would've otherwise been interested in.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Apparently he hasn't found any American women that feel the same way. FYI, I can't stand Lockjaw Natalie.

Oh, he can totally find an American woman that feels the same way and probably shares his alien beliefs.  

But she probably isn't going to be a glamorous blonde with ice blue eyes and an athletic body. LOL.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Julia is an adult woman and no one should set out to MAKE her do anything. Asking her if she would like to help ut and then outlining how it would really help if she could do certain things is a far better way to approach it all.  Personally, I like and respect animals but do not want to own or take care of any. I believe those people are very toxic, including Brandon.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

Julia is an adult woman and no one should set out to MAKE her do anything. Asking her if she would like to help ut and then outlining how it would really help if she could do certain things is a far better way to approach it all.  Personally, I like and respect animals but do not want to own or take care of any. I believe those people are very toxic, including Brandon.

Feeding farm animals looks like fun...for a day.  

They should start a business where they charge people/kids to have a "day on the farm" 

Id enjoy that.   For a day...maybe half a day. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, RealReality said:

Rebecca is a spineless turd, who seems willing to let her friends and family humiliate Zied while she sits around making sad faces and chewing the inside of her cheek.  

These aren't her parents who are doing this, its her child and her friend.  There is no reason why Rebecca couldn't have a very direct conversation with all parties ahead of time to cut this off at the pass.  "Hey, maybe I'm making a mistake, I don't know, but under no circumstances do I want to be saved from any of this, and if you embarrass him, you won't be seeing much of me"

She is nearly 50, and she cannot stand up for herself or her relationship.  Her dissolution into a puddle of tears over her friend bringing up the fact that she and her ex lived in the same building was disconcerting and seemed very manipulative.  

Her friend was delighted to be a shit, just like her daughter and fiance.   

If Zied leaves Rebecca, everyone will be quick to say that Zied was just a user and they knew it all along, but the fact of the matter is that he may take off because her family and friends are constantly interfering, judging and humiliating him and Rebecca does nothing to stand up for him and he is over it.  

We're seeing why Rebecca, who's attractive for her age and has a few bucks to her name, is forced to go to eastern Europe to bag a man. No American man would put up with her family's bullying unless he got off on it. And I loved how her "friend" kept hinting around and around and around the apartment issue before finally "accidentally" just coming out and saying it. It reminded me of that scene in Chasing Amy where Holden and Alyssa are at the hockey game, and Holden keeps hinting at Alyssa's sexual past more and more blatantly until she finally yells at him and storms out. The total stranger sitting next to Holden leans over and says "Dude, even I knew what you were getting at."

On 2/4/2021 at 7:50 AM, Scarlett45 said:

...if Mike had changed his mind about marrying her why did he let her come??

TLC no doubt gave Mike thou$and$ of reason$ to bring her over. When he was introduced on B90, he mentioned his debts several times, and at the start of this season he said in passing that he'd paid everyone off. Guess where he got the cash?

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Feeding farm animals looks like fun...for a day.  

They should start a business where they charge people/kids to have a "day on the farm" 

Id enjoy that.   For a day...maybe half a day. 

That's a real thing, agrotourism I think it's called. Since this isn't a real farm (it's not their livelihood), that would be the way to go. Liability insurance might be high, though.

3 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

TLC no doubt gave Mike thou$and$ of reason$ to bring her over. When he was introduced on B90, he mentioned his debts several times, and at the start of this season he said in passing that he'd paid everyone off. Guess where he got the cash?

From Aliens?

• LOL 4
10 minutes ago, Gobi said:

That's a real thing, agrotourism I think it's called. Since this isn't a real farm (it's not their livelihood), that would be the way to go. Liability insurance might be high, though.

It's probably not. The farm next to us does this to offset their costs. They raise alpacas, Shetland ponies, chickens, pot bellied pigs, and dwarf cows, donkeys, and goats. Schools, clubs, and private citizens come in and tour, feed, bathe, and exercise the animals. They also gather eggs and in the summertime they help shear (they bring in pros to shear but visitors help gather the fur). They also take their animals to fairs and different things and set up as a petting zoo. This is a side gig for them but they earn around $30,000 a year from it. Insurance is $250 per month. 

Actually, the farm I'm talking about just bought an animal from Brandon's family about 2 weeks ago. Despite their horror at the idea of their son possibly having sex, it seems that's mostly what they do-breed. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 2/1/2021 at 12:26 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I know! Like they never leave the farm? Why is it having your child grow up and be independent is a bad thing? Those people are nuts, they could be subject for a psych student's thesis.

Brandon is: stunted, deluded, immature, mama's boy.  He will NEVER leave.. Thanks to his mentally-challenged mom.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

We're seeing why Rebecca, who's attractive for her age and has a few bucks to her name, is forced to go to eastern Europe to bag a man. No American man would put up with her family's bullying unless he got off on

I disagree- she is always saying "money is tight," she can't seem to stay in an apartment for very long (she was staying with the daughter before she got the current apartment) and is working lots of hours to pay her bills. She probably went to Morocco because, like a lot of people who are terrible at picking spouses, she felt she couldn't find anyone here worth being with. 

I am not sure what Zied's gain is in all of this, though. He doesn't seem super hungry to live "the American dream," and I think he was rather openly disappointed when he realized that "real" Rebecca was a bit different from "ring-light and photoshop" Rebecca.

Edited by KateHearts
  • Love 6