Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: The No Bang Theory

• Start Topic

Just now, Pondlass1 said:

I was really hoping Yara wasn’t pregnant.  Lots of growing up has to happen there.

All other storylines are either boring or fake. I fast forwarded through them and ads ... I can do the whole episode in 45 minutes 😃

All we know about Yara is that she likes to shuffle around looking bored and complaining, despite living in a beautiful apartment in New Orleans with no pressing need to work, and wearing those long hair extensions and carefully placed jackets. She seems kind of self absorbed so I hope she does grow up, and the same with Jovi but I think we know him even less. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Booger666 said:

My husband has quite a few watches.  He says it’s basically the only jewelry men wear so he has different colors, sizes, brands, etc.  Now, he’s never lost one.  The only time a watch is removed is to shower or sleep so I can’t figure out why Stephanie hasn’t clued into the fact that if Ryan is “losing” them that means he is leaving them on various nightstands throughout Ladyville.

Yes, I get that. But in one time?! Like they came in a 12 pack or something ? I would appreciate the gift of a beautiful gold necklace with a diamond pendant; I have several necklaces but I would feel wierd receiving 10 necklaces as a gift. Maybe it's just me. 

• Love 6

Can someone with contact with Eastern European people share some insight? I guess I can understand being concerned about the healthiness of various forms of female birth control. But does that mean that there are lots of enormous families of children there because their birth control is not as effective? Are Americans being fed a load of lies about alternative birth control?  Are Eastern European women not as fertile? Possibly because of unhealthy pathogens that they are exposed to there? Do they just not have as much sex? Are the men less fertile?  
I’m surprised that Yara, considering her previous pregnancy loss and the surgery, go immediately to an OB in the US.  No waiting for the drunk boyfriend to calls her a liar to drag himself back.  I’m surprised her parents didn’t tell her to go to the doctor right away.  Why have we never met her parents? Did we meet them?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Are Ma & Pa Puppy Mill under the impression they’ll never ever see Howdy Doody again if he moves to an apartment? 

I know! Like they never leave the farm? Why is it having your child grow up and be independent is a bad thing? Those people are nuts, they could be subject for a psych student's thesis.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, seasons said:

Ugh. Stephanie has such an old lady voice and such old lady mannerisms despite her efforts to look and dress too young.

She acts (and sounds) like such a mom, doesn't she? 

• Love 11

I laughed at Rebecca’s statement that she was just so busy at work that she couldn’t possibly get her furniture out of storage. 

I believe that any legal job is worthy of respect but Rebecca is the manager of a fast food restaurant. I don’t think she is working 20 hours a day and if she is it means she is a crappy, disorganized mess of a manager. Except as a storyline there is no reason her apartment wasn’t furnished before Zied arrived.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

Want to know how long I "suffered" with empty nest syndrome?  When our second (last) child got married, I turned to hubby after the wedding and reception, with tears in my eyes, and said, "What do WE do now?"

He smiled and said, "Let's go order a pizza with what WE want on it."

End of empty nest syndrome.

The hardest part of my empty nestness was my son was no longer a live in cat sitter, lol.

Dropping my daughter off at college and moving her in to the dorm, unpacking, etc...she turned and she looked at me as to say, "why are you still here," I got the hint and hugged her goodbye, seemed normal to me to let them all fly the coop.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, futurechemist said:

So the scene where Tarik and the crew get a text alert and the camera crew runs out of the house as if the house was on fire just made me laugh.

They did something similar on that show about the sextuplets and the camera crew high-tailed it out of Alabama. I think it was just to set the scene for their self filming from then on 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Mother and Father go to a restaurant, was Brandon invited but not Julia? Mother did not even ask about Julia and where she was.  

My husband’s comment was, “Don’t these people ever eat dinner at home?” I had to explain to him that their fridge is full of crickets 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Brandon’s mom’s histrionics reminds me of Miss Prissy from Looney Tunes 

I never knew the character’s name, but it was one of the answers to the New York Times acrostic puzzle this weekend 

• LOL 3
22 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Most of the time the couples are staying in Air B&Bs. As well a solo cup doesn't show how much they have drank so we cannot call out TLC for continuity issues. Last night I noticed that during Mike and Natalie's dinner the cross and photo of the Madonna that was on top of the fridge was missing and replaced with cleaning supplies (?? I think). Which makes me wonder did they a) film that dinner scene prior and cut it in a later episode or b) did Mike get pissed off of the religious stuff in the home? 

Personally, 99% of these Americans are just plain crappy individuals.  You got Tarek the sex tourist which we all know once the green card goes through that Hazel will leave him for a woman. Stephanie the self proclaimed cougar who thinks she's Tawny Kitaen and needs therapy and a life coach more than she needs to get the D from some young buck. Brandon who should be on Mama's Boy show than 90 days. Mike who deserves Natalie because he just doesn't get what the K1 visa is for. Rebecca who has imported hubby #3 but keeps mentioning hubby #2. Jovi who's an alcoholic piece of shit and thinks you can't get pregnant while having sex in a Ford.  Andrew who's an incel reddit believer and probably joined the Qnon people if he was told to go. 

Did i miss anyone?

You pretty much nailed it, but I believe Zied is #4, there were two others in front of "My ex from Morocco."

10 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Dropping my daughter off at college and moving her in to the dorm, unpacking, etc...she turned and she looked at me as to say, "why are you still here,"

Change the gender and that was my youngest son.  Now that same son is about to graduate in May and probably move 1000 miles away.....I have a hunch all these feelings will come bubbling up, lol!!!!

16 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Want to know how long I "suffered" with empty nest syndrome?  When our second (last) child got married, I turned to hubby after the wedding and reception, with tears in my eyes, and said, "What do WE do now?"

I had a hunch I was going to be okay with empty nest when I was the mom doing cartwheels on the lawn when the school bus came to pick them up for kindergarten.  Okay, not cartwheels, but I was not unhappy.  I mean, they were where they needed to be:  In school.  

Yeah, I kinda like not preparing supper every night and walking around in my underwear at times.  

32 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

Can someone with contact with Eastern European people share some insight?

I need to hear this too - and also do Eastern European women have magical powers between the sheets?

52 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

All we know about Yara is that she likes to shuffle around looking bored and complaining, despite living in a beautiful apartment in New Orleans with no pressing need to work, and wearing those long hair extensions and carefully placed jackets.

No kidding!!  Plus she is not in Left Foot, Minnesota like some of these couples,  she is in NEW ORLEANS!!!!

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

I can close my eyes and imagine Pepé Le Pew when she talks 

Pepe would be the perfect male for Amira!!!! He loves France, he is always "in the mood for love" and he would constantly call her his "Liddle Passion Flowah"!! A match made in French heaven!!!🥰

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I love you guys!!! I am the most technologically inept person ever ... now I know what to ask Mr. Snappy for for Valentine's Day!!! 

Your TV will need a USB port for the Roku or Firestick. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Dobian said:

It's a tossup on who is less into their women, Mike or Ryan.  The looks of total bored indifference on their faces in every scene was hilarious.

I vote for Ryan.  All I think when I hear her whine at him is "he's not all that in to you."  Mike, I think, at least likes Nat for her bod;  he just has a passive aggressive streak a mile wide as does she.  They remind me of an annoying long married couple I know who always carp at each other. 

36 minutes ago, magemaud said:

They did something similar on that show about the sextuplets and the camera crew high-tailed it out of Alabama. I think it was just to set the scene for their self filming from then on 

That's exactly what I thought when the crew left.  I do think with the lock down coming, the film crews wanted to get home. 

I cannot stand the Hazel-Tariq segments.  They are just boring.  IF they didn't have the bisexual -threesome story, there would be absolutely nothing about them to film. Also I can't look at his head. 

And if Yara wasn't preggers and Jovi wasn't drinking there would be nothing to film.

the Amira-Andrew story is also boring.  They don't even have a picture of them together, but I thought they met once in person earlier.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

I say they should move to the room farthest from MOTHER, and buy her a good, loud sound machine to play while she sleeps! Back when I was new to farm living, and just had our baby, I had bought a teddy bear that plays the sound of the baby in a womb, it really calmed both me and baby and kept the sound of the loud tractors from waking us up at 5 a.m., I got so used to the darn thing that ever since then I have had to sleep with a fan, then a sound machine. Problem solved, the rest will just be in MOTHER'S head!

A sound machine is the answer.  I’ve been sleeping with one forever.  Bring it everywhere, lol.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Mike, I think, at least likes Nat for her bod;  he just has a passive aggressive streak a mile wide as does she.  They remind me of an annoying long married couple I know who always carp at each other. 

They do, don't they?  Yet they are supposed to be in the new blush of love.

12 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Amira-Andrew story is also boring

"Okay, let's get you to BEIRUT!  See, Amira, I am the weird geek who could never get a girl and my high school reunion is coming up and I REALLY NEED YOU TO BE THERE, okay?  So, shuffle your life around, pay to get to Beiruit, sit there for 14 days and let's make this happen."

Amira, listen to your dad and your male friend who needs different glasses.  You can do so much better.

10 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I cannot stand the Hazel-Tariq segments.  They are just boring.  IF they didn't have the bisexual -threesome story, there would be absolutely nothing about them to film.

"And we are going to engage in this threesome with zero effect on Auri......"  except explaining to her why there is another woman over all the time, sleeping with you.  As a sped teacher, I CAN NOT WAIT to hear her go to school and blab this to her teachers.  Like I would play money for this to happen.

I may be in the minority but I am looking forward to football as a break from all these fools next week.

• Love 7

I, too, noticed that Yara's mehndii was gone, so they probably taped that after Jovi had been home for a while. Also, the nagging about the drinking is starting to get on my nerves. Hopefully, as he grows older and when the baby arrives he will tone it down, but for now, he's a young man in the NOLA, where drinking is like a thing. Plus, he goes four weeks at a time without alcohol because his job prohibits it. I wonder what kind of money he's making.

I also agree that for someone who is in the spa business, Stephanie has really, really bad skin. Regretting all of those years in the sun, Steph? Could Ryan be any more uninterested? He barely looks at this silly cow, never mind touches her. Was the tryst with Harris the last time they saw each other before this trip? He was so calm when he said he already knew. She wants a quickie just to bond? What are they, dogs? Someone here said she sounds like such a mom when she's talking to him. Very true.

Felt kind of bad for Rebecca and Zied. Like she said, not one person has said a nice thing upon meeting him. Karen, or whatever her name is, was not entirely wrong about what she was saying, but it was incredibly rude. Couldn't that have waited until after she's seen Zied a few times? He is being pretty cool and with luck he's not scamming her, but I can see at some point that relationship fizzling out. There will be a time when he will want children and she won't be able to reproduce. Or he may get a baby mama. Read recently that he has made some Tunisian friends in the area, so that's good.

Brandon's parents are the absolute worse. There was practically steam coming out of the father's ears! Julia probably wouldn't mind helping around the house or cooking dinner, since Betty works away from home, but to expect her to want to be a farmer is foolish.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

When my first went away to college, I was beside myself.  Called her everyday like a jerk.  I had to hunt for the mailman on the next block everyday for fear my husband would see the phone Bill.  The other two after her, I wasn’t a crazy woman anymore.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I keep killing the batteries on watches so I haven’t worn one in years. I can see someone having 3-5 watches. A day one, a sports one, a weekend one and maybe a dressy one. The phone has a clock, the iPad has a clock, there is time everywhere. More than a handful seems excessive and maybe just a fashion statement.

A tip for you and Ryan (if he decides to keep a few of the watches for himself as opposed to selling them on the secondary market): After you remove your watch for the night, pull the pin that sets the time.  This will save the battery from wearing down so fast.  The next time you wear that particular watch, set the time before you put it on.  You can have lots of watches as accessories and the batteries will have a longer life.

• Useful 9
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

"Amira, listen to your dad and your male friend who needs different glasses.  You can do so much better.

I liked Amira's friend (despite his questionable taste in eyewear), as well as her dad.  She can't leave these great people and wonderful location for Andrew!  I think the universe was helping her make her decision by detaining her in Mexico.  She would be so miserable had things "worked out."

• Love 6
2 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I love you guys!!! I am the most technologically inept person ever ... now I know what to ask Mr. Snappy for for Valentine's Day!!! And he can teach me how to use it. If not, he's gonna have to give up the comfy living room chair (where the big TV is) 3 nights a week for me and I KNOW he won't want to do that. 

If he refuses, just point at him and scream "NO DEAR, NO!!!!!  NO WAY!  JUST STOP IT!  I'M NOT GIVING IN, DEAR!!"

(And tell him you're so upset you can't even eat,  but eat your 25 chicken wings anyway.)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Lambie said:

Why does Natalie always insist on Mike picking her up, twirling her around, and riding his shoulders. She is exhausting -- mentally and physically (for Mike). She reminds me of this Nikki Glaser bit at 2:24 

https://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/nikki-glaser-standup/3746482

That was a fun comedy bit!  Maybe Natalie feels Mike can burn a few extra calories by giving her piggy back rides or swinging her around.  It might be her version of weight lifting to get Mike "fit."

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, politichick said:

Brandon's parents are the absolute worse. There was practically steam coming out of the father's ears! Julia probably wouldn't mind helping around the house or cooking dinner, since Betty works away from home, but to expect her to want to be a farmer is foolish.

Let's face it, Brandon's parents want SLAVE LABOR...with almost sick "mama love" from Betty.  She is in charge of everyone and everything.  Her rules and instructions...follow them to the letter--OR ELSE.   Brandon is finally coming to realize that.  Run, KIDS...RUN!!!  Nothing good will come of your staying there with all those "cute animals."  (WHERE does Betty work and what kind of job does she have?)  I always hope neighbors/relatives will pop up here and dish the dirt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

(WHERE does Betty work and what kind of job does she have?)  I always hope neighbors/relatives will pop up here and dish the dirt.

Check the couple’s thread. You may learn more than you want to know.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 1/30/2021 at 7:49 PM, Frozendiva said:

Maybe mom and dad can each spend a half day with Julia or an evening or whatever and get to know her.

If I was Julia, I wouldn’t want to spend any time alone with Ron, he totally creeps me out 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I cannot stand the Hazel-Tariq segments.  They are just boring.  IF they didn't have the bisexual -threesome story, there would be absolutely nothing about them to film. Also I can't look at his head. 

I hate the way Tarik talks soooooo slowly and nods his head for emphasis after every...damn...word. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

the Amira-Andrew story is also boring.  They don't even have a picture of them together, but I thought they met once in person earlier.

I’m sure Amita said something early on about already meeting Andrew in person more than once before the Mexican disaster  

Rebecca annoys me.  It is almost as if she says and does things to get under Zied’s skin; and then she lets her family and friends have a turn.  Based on the way everyone speaks about her ex, I can’t help but wonder why she chose to marry another North African.  Someone should probably tell her that biting her lips and twisting her face is aging her.  Even more.

“I love you and I forgive you; but Harris is dead to me.”  I don’t believe Ryan loves Stephanie nor has he forgiven her.  The fact that he didn’t sleep with her after ten months spoke volumes.  However, he will stick around if her purse stays open.  The minute it closes, he will be gone. 

Given how uncomfortable his parents are with them sharing a room, I don’t understand why Brandon and Julia couldn’t just have an intimate ceremony now and a formal wedding later.  

• Love 10

Mike does not even make an effort to conceal his disdain for Natalie.  When she asked him to pray with her, he was incredibly hostile and condescending.  Let her go back home, Mike, it’s obvious you don’t want to marry her so stop stringing her along.  His open hostility to her is cringy.  

I am on team Zied.  Poor guy leaves his comfy home to fly around the world and land in a barren empty apartment without even a scone or donut in sight to eat or a sofa to eat it on, and a fiance who seems befuddled by how to manage her life and can only keep repeating “ex from Morocco”, and be interrogated and insulted by her family and friends while she stand there acting like a helpless butterfly.  Go back home too, Zied, this woman is not gonna work out for you.  

Brandon?  Hopeless.  His non-reaction to his parent’s histrionics in the restaurant is very telling.  Good for not reacting, but bad for continuing to negotiate with them instead of being a grown up and take care of yourself.  Also cringy.

I had second-hand embarassment for Stephanie, asking Ryan for sex, knowing he has been having it with other girls, but she is apparently willing to overlook it if he just bangs on our for bonding.  He couldn’t care less.

Hazel and Tarik?  Fast forward.  Andrew and Amira?  Run, girl, run.  He’s a loser.  

• Love 13
19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Discovery + is a streaming service of Discovery and HGTV, and their fellow channels, all owned by the same group.   They have thousands of reruns of TLC, Discovery, HGTV shows, and new stuff.   Right now it's $4.99 a month for shows with ads, and $6.99 without ads.      They also have the 90 day spin offs (Pillow talk, Tell alls) and some original programming, for new stuff like the Property Brothers: Forever Home, and Ben Napier's wood working show, and others.   However, the Fixer Upper/Magnolia stuff is still supposed to be on their own channel (Magnolia network, formerly the DIY network, but who knows if that will change for more content for the streaming service).   

And, unlike some streaming services I could mention (*cough* HULU *cough*), D+'s ad-free plan really is ad-free. And they've got a lot of other stuff. I'd never seen the 2012 Iron Chef Japan revival, but D+ has it in HD.

15 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Brandon’s mom’s histrionics reminds me of Miss Prissy from Looney Tunes with Junior there with Foghorn Leghorn by her side. 

She reminds me of Miss Ellie from Dallas without Barbara Bel Geddes' warmth. "Oh noes! My 45-year-old son JR and 35-year-old son Bobby might be moving away from home, just like their 40-year-old brother Gary did! Whatever will I do???

14 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I'm still very confused why she gave him 13 watches. Don't people usually have one (a nice one, if they can afford it) and maybe an old backup ? What's he gonna do with 13 of them?

I own a Fitbit Versa 2 that tells me how many steps I've taken today, and a diamond-encrusted Bulova my wife bought me on our anniversary cruise. That's a total of two watches, one of which I wear only occasionally (and not at all since COVID pretty much killed indoor restaurant dining). Can't imagine what someone would do with 13 except sell them.

6 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Because Betty wants a wedding and Brandon is a huge wuss. 

The American bridal industry has done a wonderful job convincing multiple generations of people including Betty that a small, affordable wedding is an abomination that disgraces everyone involved.

4 hours ago, Twopper said:

I am pretty sure the pregnancy test I took 32 years ago was just a stick.  I do recall that you were supposed to do it first thing in the morning because the urine is more concentrated.  I am not sure how long it took.  I cleaned it and left it in the bathroom for my husband to read because I was so nervous.  He came back and said "you/we are not alone."   When I went to the obgyn I told him I wasn't sure I was pregnant because I didn't know if I should trust the test I took;  he said they were usually correct.    The next time I used one was years later because of a missed period.  Turns out menopause had arrived. 

I understand that the Duggar females buy them by the gross.

I cannot fathom buying a second pregnancy test for the same suspected pregnancy. Just go to a doctor or a low-cost clinic and find out for sure.

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

My husband’s comment was, “Don’t these people ever eat dinner at home?” I had to explain to him that their fridge is full of crickets 

Brandon's family has probably never eaten this well. Price is no object when TLC is paying. Meanwhile, I suspect Brandon didn't say a damn thing to the parents about Julia discontinuing her farm chores, probably because they never would have agreed. They might be willing to bend on sexual ethics, but not their de facto slave labor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Discovery + is a streaming service of Discovery and HGTV, and their fellow channels, all owned by the same group.   They have thousands of reruns of TLC, Discovery, HGTV shows, and new stuff.   Right now it's $4.99 a month for shows with ads, and $6.99 without ads.      They also have the 90 day spin offs (Pillow talk, Tell alls) and some original programming, for new stuff like the Property Brothers: Forever Home, and Ben Napier's wood working show, and others.   However, the Fixer Upper/Magnolia stuff is still supposed to be on their own channel (Magnolia network, formerly the DIY network, but who knows if that will change for more content for the streaming service).   

I didn't see anything about charity.     It's also only available to U.S. viewers for now.  

I'm hoping they don't start doing all of the new episodes only on the streaming services, because I'm not going to do streaming. 

I would hate to miss out on first runs of 90 Day, and not see Brandon's mother have meltdowns over his sex life. 

I read they donate one dollar from the $4.95 to UNICEF.

3 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Yes, I get that. But in one time?! Like they came in a 12 pack or something ? I would appreciate the gift of a beautiful gold necklace with a diamond pendant; I have several necklaces but I would feel wierd receiving 10 necklaces as a gift. Maybe it's just me. 

I'd rather skip all the cheap gaudy watches and put the money into one nice watch.  but that's just the old lady in me (although I am younger than Stephanie) 

she buys him watches like I used to buy lego sets for my son.  stupid woman. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

At least this part of the basic 90 Day is still on regular cable.   It would be awful to miss Brandon's parents' meltdowns, and poor Julia find out what a liar Brandon is.   I would have hated to miss Natalie hugging and sniffing that tree.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Ugh, these fucking people.

Sure, Tarik, your daughter will NEVER know what's going on.  Well, at least not until she's old enough to have the kids at school teasing her about your lifestyle aired for the entire world.  It's not like in a few short years she won't be navigating the internet and reading/watching all of your shenanigans.  Yeah, she'll never find out.  Fucking moron.  No wonder Dean doesn't speak to him any more.  I couldn't deal with Tarik's level of idiocy, either.  

And, again, a fake potted plant has more personality than Hazel.  Hell, a macrame plant holder has more personality than Hazel.  Her monotone voice combined with her dead eyes creep me out (and I practically live on ID Discovery, so I'm not easily creeped out).  

Jovi's an asshole.  He deserves whatever Yara serves up to him.  I did fleetingly wonder if Yara told him in public because she wanted to make sure he kept his temper in check.  After seeing him let that heavy door practically slam into her face a few episodes ago, nothing coming from that asshole would surprise me.  

BTW, in case anyone was curious, if you cover your eyes while Stephanie is talking to Ryan, you would think it was a helicopter mom talking to her adolescent son.  

I need to rewatch this episode because I'm drawing a blank about a lot of what transpired.  

Which could be a blessing, but I'm feeling masochistic today so what the hell.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
38 minutes ago, maxmama said:

I am on team Zied.  Poor guy leaves his comfy home to fly around the world and land in a barren empty apartment without even a scone or donut in sight to eat or a sofa to eat it on, and a fiance who seems befuddled by how to manage her life and can only keep repeating “ex from Morocco”, and be interrogated and insulted by her family and friends while she stand there acting like a helpless butterfly.

And then cries over it.   Her friend may have been correct but was so rude about it!

27 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

The American bridal industry has done a wonderful job convincing multiple generations of people including Betty that a small, affordable wedding is an abomination that disgraces everyone involved.

Yes, yes they have.  And a courthouse wedding is still a wedding.

Mother and Father Brandon are so......gross.

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I hate the way Tarik talks soooooo slowly and nods his head for emphasis after every...damn...word. 

He does, doesn't he?  And the backwards hat.....let it go, dude.  Please!

• Love 5
16 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Natalie is certainly no prize, but I don’t understand why Mike agreed to bring her over on the K-1 if he doesn’t want to marry her. It’s not like they were happy when she first got here. He seemed over it the last time he was getting his hair cut, before Natalie even arrived.

Mike & Natalia - IIRC wasn't Natalia still in Ukraine when she got her visa approval?  When she called Mike with this news, his response was lukewarm at best.  He sounded like the last thing he wanted was for her to come to Washington.  I don't blame him, I feel like Natalia was over dramatic when she yanked off her ring an literally threw it at him.  I think she was surprised when he called her bluff & left her without "the ring".  I'm with Team 'Mom of Mike', doubt that everything will work out w/ these two, especially that there is now less than 90 days to do so. He's told her repeatedly that he's not ready to get married, yet she's intensly pressuring him.  Yet another red flag when Natalia says she can't take even the slightest criticism; When he tells her jokingly that her hand feels greasy, Natalia totally shuts down, like a 13 yr old adolescent. Newsflash Mike, you're never going to figure her out.  This is an example of opposites NEVER attracting.

Rebecca & Ziad.  Rebecca's another drama queen who makes mountains out of molehills. She can turn on the waterworks at the drop of the hat.  Again,  don't understand the big deal about her living in the same building as she did with her ex.  If that was such a problem, I fairly sure Woodstock, Georgia have more than one apartment complex where she could have rented? With a "friend" like Melanie, who needs enemies?  Wouldn't you think if Melanie is truly a private investigator she would have already done an extensive background check BEFORE Ziad got here?  More manufactured drama when Melanie tells Zaid "she wouldn't need to keep an "eye" on him for the next 90 days?

Amira & Andrew - Amira, change your phone number girlfriend.  If you think being detained in Mexico was tough, I have a feeling Serbia will be worse.  I'm pretty sure you can find a nice guy in France.

Tarik/Hazel/Minty - Two's company, three is a crowd...during the lockdown that's not allowed. I don't think Tarik is truly this entire scene now his daughter stays with them occassionally.  I feel that Hazel would like another woman who'd live there full time..  I'm not sure, but perhaps I smell a totally fabricated storyline?.

Brandon & Julia  -Just because you get to sleep in the same bed, wouldn't be enough to iive in the same house on "the farm" with Brandon's creepy/controlling parents.  Brandon's resemblance to Betty is scary. (I think they both look like shrews)  Julia needs to hop on the next flight back to Russia.  Betty will never let him leave the "farm".  Brandon will remain their "little boy" forever and I think deep down he enjoys this role.  I think he'd be at a loss w/o being controlled by his parents.

Yara & Jovi  - Not getting why Yara "jokes" about being pregnant.  If Jovi really thinks she's lying they need to do the "adult" thing (yes, know neither are capable of this) and go to get a test done by a doctor, or at least Planned Parenthood.  Yara saying that the test is not good, wrong & "she's too much pregnant for it to show anymore" is totally ludicrous. By the fifth test it shows that she's pregnant.. seems suspect still.  I don't see party boy Jovi embracing the role of a responsible dad anytime soon.

Stephanie & her Belize Boy Toy Ryan Another reason why I DVR this show.  A 50+ yr old successful woman who is so insecure who Ryan has slept w/(after being apart for ten months) but she slept with Ryan's cousin, Harris.  Of course, she couldn't resist because Ryan is a flirt & suggested via text another girl go to Cancun.  Hmm,  I believe the phrase "people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"  fits.. Go back to Michigan, Stephanie soon.  Unfortunately, Ryan is more mature than you.

• Love 6

Brandon was running up debt to see Julia, was she under the impression that he was rich-ish?  I agree with Brandon's dad on one point, he can't afford a wedding and his own place.  That kid needs to move out, not accept any assistance from the parents and make a clean break until the next major holiday but, financially, I don't see it happening...unless there's a good stipend for being on the show.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

BTW, in case anyone was curious, if you cover your eyes while Stephanie is talking to Ryan, you would think it was a helicopter mom talking to her adolescent son.  

Helicopter moms beg their sons for sex?

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, String Theory said:

I don't blame him, I feel like Natalia was over dramatic when she yanked off her ring an literally threw it at him.  I think she was surprised when he called her bluff & left her without "the ring". 

And wasn't that a family heirloom ring as well?  If  I was that mom I would be, guy your own ring.  She does NOT get to toss around gramma's ring like that.  

Julia - only shower when Father Brandon is at work.  I get the feeling he "accidentally" pops into the bathroom when you are toweling off.

4 hours ago, String Theory said:

Again,  don't understand the big deal about her living in the same building as she did with her ex. 

My hubby could have lived in the same house with a woman (the house that I moved into and we now own) and I could care less.  He slapped the ring on me and it is my house now.   Light some incense, light some candles, paint.....it is your house now.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

Can someone with contact with Eastern European people share some insight? I guess I can understand being concerned about the healthiness of various forms of female birth control. But does that mean that there are lots of enormous families of children there because their birth control is not as effective? Are Americans being fed a load of lies about alternative birth control?  Are Eastern European women not as fertile? Possibly because of unhealthy pathogens that they are exposed to there? Do they just not have as much sex? Are the men less fertile?  
I’m surprised that Yara, considering her previous pregnancy loss and the surgery, go immediately to an OB in the US.  No waiting for the drunk boyfriend to calls her a liar to drag himself back.  I’m surprised her parents didn’t tell her to go to the doctor right away.  Why have we never met her parents? Did we meet them?

With Yara and Jovi not married yet, she likely doesn't have health insurance. Our medical system is vastly different from Eastern Europe's and it can be intimidating for a foreigner to traverse on their own. I got sick in Bosnia and my 2-day hospital stay, doctor's visit, and CT scan cost less than a single CT scan here in the states. 

Edited by mamadrama
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I know! Like they never leave the farm? Why is it having your child grow up and be independent is a bad thing? Those people are nuts, they could be subject for a psych student's thesis.

Oh they leave the farm all right. Check the couples thread. If you have a strong stomach.

1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Julia - only shower when Father Brandon is at work.  I get the feeling he "accidentally" pops into the bathroom when you are toweling off.

OMG so much this! This whole thing is starting to look like the Susan Powell case. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Susan_Powell

• Love 2