Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: The No Bang Theory

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, magemaud said:

I recall when they told Julia the sleeping arrangements were because they weren’t married her reaction was, “So why don’t we go get married?” Betty and Ron quickly squashed the idea. I’ve wondered about the “noise in the next bedroom” issue, instead of Brandon’s boyhood bedroom, why couldn’t they move into the room assigned to Julia, after cleaning it out, of course. 

I say they should move to the room farthest from MOTHER, and buy her a good, loud sound machine to play while she sleeps! Back when I was new to farm living, and just had our baby, I had bought a teddy bear that plays the sound of the baby in a womb, it really calmed both me and baby and kept the sound of the loud tractors from waking us up at 5 a.m., I got so used to the darn thing that ever since then I have had to sleep with a fan, then a sound machine. Problem solved, the rest will just be in MOTHER'S head!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, nytonc said:

Amira’s French accent makes her sound like a cartoon character

I can close my eyes and imagine Pepé Le Pew when she talks 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2

I cut the cable cord 3 years ago. For the past 2 years I've paid $20 a month for Philo. It gives me TLC, HGTV, ID, Discovery Health, Animal Planet, and several other channels that I watch. I know I'm in the minority but I love Discovery+. I'm not paying $5 a month "just to watch reruns." Many of my favorite shows have first run episodes on there. Starting in Feb ALL of my favorites will. I've been able to cancel Philo which saves me $15 a month. Better, for me, is that I now have access to hundreds of episodes from shows that were not available on any other service provider: Untold Stories of the ER, Gone, Disappeared (Hulu has some but not all), Hear No Evil, People Investigates, Diagnose Me, Medical Mystery, etc. 

I'm generally not in favor of all these new streaming services, but at least you can "pause" these and take breaks from them. Whenever a show comes out on HBO I pause my service, wait until all the episodes have come out, and then reactivate and binge. I'm still paying less than cable. When I had cable I was paying $150 per month and basically only watched 5 channels. Now my bill is $75 and I utilize all the apps regularly. 

Family Brandon is scary. Mother Brandon is crazy but Father is awful. I'd sleep with my door locked. Yuck. And Brandon needs his ass kicked for throwing Julia under the bus. 

Mother Mike has become my favorite side character. And her bangs are rocking. 

Yara is completely wasted on NonJovi. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
On 1/30/2021 at 7:49 PM, Frozendiva said:

Mom and Pop Brandon sure have the GOAT tears and anger at the ready in case the son decides to speak up for himself. Brandon probably hasn't done much of that, and they treat him as though he is 13 and not a young man who is closer to 30 than 20. It's not like Julia is at a job interview and if the folks at the company don't treat her well or set off any red flags, she can walk away and not take any job offer. She is marrying a dude and by proximity, sort of his family. Mom sure turned on the manipulative waterworks because her little boy wants to go away. Mom, you should be grateful that he is moving out and you have your life back! There was no real reason for the severity of the Dad's anger in that Julia has to stay in the storage closet.

Maybe mom and dad can each spend a half day with Julia or an evening or whatever and get to know her. I might think some animals are cute but I sure wouldn't want to look after them. Yes, there is a chicken pilot project here, but I don't really want them in my yard. Julia did not move here to live on the farm. She is a city girl. Take her to the city, take her shopping or out for lunch or to the hair salon, etc. If the dad sells cars or whatever, Julia would probably prefer being the bubbly receptionist at the dealership.

Wasn't too interested in Mike and Natalie. At least the suitcase moved to the couch this time. Whether Mom Mike likes Natalie or not, Mike wants her. She has to live with it. Maybe she is a bit more accommodating because Mike isn't 22 years old. She seems to be more of a wait and see type.

Yara, telling your boyfriend that you are pregnant when you are getting your hands henna-ed is not a great idea. I felt sorry for the poor artist having to listen to her go on about it. It was really an inappropriate time and place. Is Jovi going to be happy? Maybe not? Are you happy, Yara? You have moved to a new country, your fiance works one month and then has another month off, you have observed that he drinks a lot and may be moving toward being an alcoholic or already is one. That is something that you need to consider if you wish to marry him. He may or may not stop drinking when you are married, and now, insta-baby. That is a lot of both of your plates. Both of you seem immature and don't have much to offer a kid. You barely know each other.

Seems like Ryan is checking out. Guess the alleged $3000 watch, the expensive clothes and shoes, etc. didn't get him to rise to the occasion. I'd prefer the cash too compared to the junk she gives him. Yeah, it's a nice thought but maybe go shopping with him and pay for the items or give him a prepaid Visa or Mastercard so he can get what he wants. He even got a look at the ring you want him to propose with! Probably calling his friends who can switch out the real diamonds with fakes as fast as possible. Those will sell better. People do get upset stomachs. She flew in, was tired, etc. I'd also have a hard time believing that my younger fiance didn't even look at another woman in 10 months. His only interest is in getting the money and crap and then moving to the US, where he will be gone faster than she can hula-hoop.

I'm still very confused why she gave him 13 watches. Don't people usually have one (a nice one, if they can afford it) and maybe an old backup ? What's he gonna do with 13 of them?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

I'm still very confused why she gave him 13 watches. Don't people usually have one (a nice one, if they can afford it) and maybe an old backup ? What's he gonna do with 13 of them?

I keep killing the batteries on watches so I haven’t worn one in years. I can see someone having 3-5 watches. A day one, a sports one, a weekend one and maybe a dressy one. The phone has a clock, the iPad has a clock, there is time everywhere. More than a handful seems excessive and maybe just a fashion statement.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Are Jovi and Yara 12? "There's no way you could get pregnant that fast, we were only together for two weeks in America"

Of course it's possible but as I said before, I'd do a paternity test the second that kid is born or even a prenatal test if you can get her to agree. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Of course it's possible but as I said before, I'd do a paternity test the second that kid is born or even a prenatal test if you can get her to agree. 

Yara's been in the country for 6 weeks. They may have only been together for 2 weeks before he left, but it only takes one time of unprotected sex to get pregnant. She's clearly not very far along. If they had unprotected sex then I'm not real sure why he was surprised. It's not like it's a cumulative effect. So far neither one of them have given any indication that fidelity has been a problem. 

The only way I would ever consent to a paternity test is if insurance depended upon it. If I'm in a committed relationship, a relationship that we've mutually decided to make "forever", then there has to be some level of trust there. I'm tired of this whole fucking "we only had sex once so it must not be mine" trope. 

• Love 22
5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Is Amira from France vía somewhere else? Her accent keeps throwing me off. 

Her father is Egyptian, so her accent may be a mix of Egyptian and French.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Everyone who posts here looks wonderful and so young. Is snark the new health tonic? 

Brought this over from the live chat thread. @Mindthinkr, a while back a bunch of us posted pics of ourselves on the small talk thread. Check it out! We're all pretty cute. 

7 hours ago, futurechemist said:

So I know last spring was like 76 years ago, but I don't remember any lockdowns going into effect immediately. There were usually a few days for people to prep. 

So the scene where Tarik and the crew get a text alert and the camera crew runs out of the house as if the house was on fire just made me laugh.

It was pretty funny at my work. A week or so before Mass. locked down, hand sanitizer stations appeared and we got lots of encouraging soothing, reassuring emails from the President's office, letting us know that the institute had things well in hand and that we were all going to be safe, and to wash our hands often. Literally less than a week later it was "gather your things, take what you think you'll need, and get home and stay there!" 

7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I cut the cable cord 3 years ago. For the past 2 years I've paid $20 a month for Philo. It gives me TLC, HGTV, ID, Discovery Health, Animal Planet, and several other channels that I watch. I know I'm in the minority but I love Discovery+. I'm not paying $5 a month "just to watch reruns." Many of my favorite shows have first run episodes on there. Starting in Feb ALL of my favorites will. I've been able to cancel Philo which saves me $15 a month. Better, for me, is that I now have access to hundreds of episodes from shows that were not available on any other service provider: Untold Stories of the ER, Gone, Disappeared (Hulu has some but not all), Hear No Evil, People Investigates, Diagnose Me, Medical Mystery, etc. 

I'm generally not in favor of all these new streaming services, but at least you can "pause" these and take breaks from them. Whenever a show comes out on HBO I pause my service, wait until all the episodes have come out, and then reactivate and binge. I'm still paying less than cable. When I had cable I was paying $150 per month and basically only watched 5 channels. Now my bill is $75 and I utilize all the apps regularly. 

Family Brandon is scary. Mother Brandon is crazy but Father is awful. I'd sleep with my door locked. Yuck. And Brandon needs his ass kicked for throwing Julia under the bus. 

Mother Mike has become my favorite side character. And her bangs are rocking. 

Yara is completely wasted on NonJovi. 

I dumped cable and got Youtube TV, plus we have Amazon Prime. I get Brit Box and Acorn that way. I also have Hulu, the cheap version with ads. Even all that, plus still paying Xfinity for internet, and it's less than I paid for cable.

I have been convinced from the beginning that Betty will start locking Julia in at night-"Its for the best, dear". Betty's freaking out because if Brandon and Julia are sharing a room she won't be able to. Well, unless Julia sleeps in after Brandon leaves for work. "Well, she won't get up and help with the animals! Why does she need to leave her room? We fixed it up so nice! She can come out for her cup of gruel at suppertime". 

6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I keep killing the batteries on watches so I haven’t worn one in years. I can see someone having 3-5 watches. A day one, a sports one, a weekend one and maybe a dressy one. The phone has a clock, the iPad has a clock, there is time everywhere. More than a handful seems excessive and maybe just a fashion statement.

I was into watches for awhile. I could find really cute Swatches or Fossil watches for cheap at Filene's Basement, they were accessories to wear with different outfits. Alas, I too seem to emit some sort of energy that kills watch batteries so I gave it up. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Yara's been in the country for 6 weeks. They may have only been together for 2 weeks before he left, but it only takes one time of unprotected sex to get pregnant. She's clearly not very far along. If they had unprotected sex then I'm not real sure why he was surprised. It's not like it's a cumulative effect. So far neither one of them have given any indication that fidelity has been a problem. 

The only way I would ever consent to a paternity test is if insurance depended upon it. If I'm in a committed relationship, a relationship that we've mutually decided to make "forever", then there has to be some level of trust there. I'm tired of this whole fucking "we only had sex once so it must not be mine" trope. 

Why is reproduction so low on the list of things sexually active people know about?  She may have arrived in the US during her fertile time and of course NonJovi was raw dogging it and Yara is one of those Ukrainian imports that do not believe in the pill or some other method (seems that we have heard that a lot from the women who come from that part of the world) and neither one of them learned from the last pregnancy.

Now, cut to Yara and her endless, "Why Jovi want to party when I need support," crap, you are newly pregnant, why not look in to the health insurance you will need, find a good OB, research a birth plan, figure out housing, all of that can be done on line, without Jovi, it will be easier because he is never going to be the planner and perhaps he can get you a laptop, find some pregnancy bloggers to follow and other helpful resources.  Do not act surprised that Jovi is not helpful in the pregnancy or raising of the baby.

BTW, how many pregnancy tests do people usually buy at one time?  I remember when I was trying to get pregnant with my first (31 years ago), the tests were expensive and like a chemistry set with a few test tubes in a stand with a mirror on the bottom to see the bottom of the test tube, some sort of circle or hieroglyphics to appear to let you know you are or are not pregnant.  I only did that nonsense once then went to the doctor for a blood test.

• Love 15

Mother and Father go to a restaurant, was Brandon invited but not Julia? Mother did not even ask about Julia and where she was.  

Why not wait until they could all be together to discuss the issues?  

What will Julia do all day if she does not tend to the cute animals?  Honestly, she should figure out some way to help Mother and Father just as a common courtesy for living rent free.  Maybe she can slaughter the pig for dinner? LOL. Look Mother and Father I made dinner!

Didn't Brandon live elsewhere and THEN move home because he blew thru all his money buying a girl from the Ukraine?  Why is Mother acting like he never left the nest before?

Father is angry, he cannot even eat his fried wings.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Isn't Stephanie something with her baby talk of undies and tummies and her fountain of youth spa. And hula hooping not just hula hooping from her youth but being in the Guinness book hula hooping.  It's some sort of trauma for sure that youth is something to cling to as an identity. 

But her nana voice! I pondered last night if she is just that much of an entrepreneur to be doing this for the exposure of her business. Then I thought, no she is just all the way crazy. 

Mike annoyed me a little. If she's is "off" and I think she is; he needs to address it in a responsible way and HE should not be so stabby and provoking. Have a serious conversation bro not side snark. He is giving mixed messages. 

Brandon should buy/finance a motor home or a fancy camper and live in it, people do it and they are coming up on April so the season is right where they could get away with it without the lines freezing! His parents could use it for the dog shows and he could drive Julia around America on their vacations and such. I always feel badly for the new immigrants who think they are going to NYC or LA when they think of America. I would have a curiosity of seeing everything that America is. 

And also! TWO WEEKS? Screw the Super Bowl how is this Harris thing gonna pan out (PS OF COURSE HE KNEW).

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Natalie is certainly no prize, but I don’t understand why Mike agreed to bring her over on the K-1 if he doesn’t want to marry her. It’s not like they were happy when she first got here. He seemed over it the last time he was getting his hair cut, before Natalie even arrived.

It is the same with all these couples, nobody seems to like each other let alone love each other. 

We see Natalie smelling trees and skipping along a path, cut to Mike in a TH saying how he is trying to understand her...that is the shit you are supposed to know about each other before you propose and use the 90 days to plan the wedding it is not a "let's get to know one another" time, that is supposed to happen before you buy the smallest diamond ring in the store and give it to a total stranger.  Mike knows Natalie enough, why delve deeper in to someone when you know you do not really like what you see on the surface?  Dating is supposed to be the fun, carefree time if it is hard why continue to date?

Also, once again we have a participant telling a total stranger who did not even ask what their life story is.  

• Love 14
8 hours ago, futurechemist said:

So I know last spring was like 76 years ago, but I don't remember any lockdowns going into effect immediately. There were usually a few days for people to prep. 

So the scene where Tarik and the crew get a text alert and the camera crew runs out of the house as if the house was on fire just made me laugh.

But if you allowed yourself a couple of days to prep and stock up, you'd have no toilet paper, no water, and no clorox wipes.  It went FAST.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Lily247 said:

My husband has quite a few watches.  He says it’s basically the only jewelry men wear so he has different colors, sizes, brands, etc.  Now, he’s never lost one.  The only time a watch is removed is to shower or sleep so I can’t figure out why Stephanie hasn’t clued into the fact that if Ryan is “losing” them that means he is leaving them on various nightstands throughout Ladyville.

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Brought this over from the live chat thread. @Mindthinkr, a while back a bunch of us posted pics of ourselves on the small talk thread. Check it out! We're all pretty cute.

Pretty cute?  Lady, we are all FINE!!!!!

Hey Brandon - sell your car and but an inexpensive used one.  That will will help with a down payment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

BTW, how many pregnancy tests do people usually buy at one time?  I remember when I was trying to get pregnant with my first (31 years ago), the tests were expensive and like a chemistry set with a few test tubes in a stand with a mirror on the bottom to see the bottom of the test tube, some sort of circle or hieroglyphics to appear to let you know you are or are not pregnant.  I only did that nonsense once then went to the doctor for a blood test.

You can get them for $1 now and some come 2 to a box. It helps to buy several, especially if you're early, because the hormones build every day and just because you tested negative one day doesn't mean you will the next. Even blood tests can be iffy if you're testing too soon. My first bloodwork was negative for the hg with my first. I had to wait 4 days and give more blood to see if the hormone had doubled. The OTC are easy to use now with little to no human error. Pee on a stick and 90 seconds later it can literally say "pregnant" or "not pregnant." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

You can get them for $1 now and some come 2 to a box. It helps to buy several, especially if you're early, because the hormones build every day and just because you tested negative one day doesn't mean you will the next. Even blood tests can be iffy if you're testing too soon. My first bloodwork was negative for the hg with my first. I had to wait 4 days and give more blood to see if the hormone had doubled. The OTC are easy to use now with little to no human error. Pee on a stick and 90 seconds later it can literally say "pregnant" or "not pregnant." 

Yes, so mawch easier these days...back in the day I had to be a chemist to find out I was not pregnant, I think.  The doctor would not even see you unless you missed at least two periods, oh the dark ages, lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, so mawch easier these days...back in the day I had to be a chemist to find out I was not pregnant, I think.  The doctor would not even see you unless you missed at least two periods, oh the dark ages, lol.

My youngest is 9 and I can't believe how much things have changed since she was born. It's crazy. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

29 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I am pretty sure the pregnancy test I took 32 years ago was just a stick.  I do recall that you were supposed to do it first thing in the morning because the urine is more concentrated.  I am not sure how long it took.  I cleaned it and left it in the bathroom for my husband to read because I was so nervous.  He came back and said "you/we are not alone."   When I went to the obgyn I told him I wasn't sure I was pregnant because I didn't know if I should trust the test I took;  he said they were usually correct.    The next time I used one was years later because of a missed period.  Turns out menopause had arrived. 

I understand that the Duggar females buy them by the gross.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Didn't Brandon live elsewhere and THEN move home because he blew thru all his money buying a girl from the Ukraine?  Why is Mother acting like he never left the nest before?

No, Brandon has never left home. He would take vacations and hang out with his friends (and take vacations with Julia), but he's always lived in his childhood bedroom.

• LOL 1
12 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

My youngest is 9 and I can't believe how much things have changed since she was born. It's crazy. 

Mine are 21 and 23....tell me about it.  I was stunned to know a coworker could find out the gender at like, 13 weeks or something.  

I had to buy a pregnancy test a few years ago (yes I am 56) as a doctor wanted to be SUPER SURE I was not pregnant.  A few facts here:  I had been through menopause for a few years and had a tubal in 1999.  So.....no, it was doubtful.  

Hey Yara - you hooked up with someone from NOLA and are shocked they drink?  Isn't that like hooking up with an LDS man in Utah and shocked he DOESN'T drink and wants to go to temple?  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, magemaud said:

I recall when they told Julia the sleeping arrangements were because they weren’t married her reaction was, “So why don’t we go get married?” Betty and Ron quickly squashed the idea. I’ve wondered about the “noise in the next bedroom” issue, instead of Brandon’s boyhood bedroom, why couldn’t they move into the room assigned to Julia, after cleaning it out, of course. 

As a poster mentioned previously, why can't they stay in that RV?  But I just realized as I was typing that RV is probably filled to the rafters with their hoarding.  Also, I didn't notice any tears in Betty or Stephanie's eyes.  Just sound effects. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I know I'm in the minority but I love Discovery+. I'm not paying $5 a month "just to watch reruns." Many of my favorite shows have first run episodes on there. Starting in Feb ALL of my favorites will.

I'm with you there ... unfortunately, my TV doesn't accept Discovery + (an older Samsung) and Mr. Snappy won't buy me a new TV to watch all my favorite shows LOL ... so I'm going to try to get it installed on my laptop, even though this is not my ideal place to watch "my shows" (as opposed to sprawled out on the bed with popcorn). 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I'm with you there ... unfortunately, my TV doesn't accept Discovery + (an older Samsung) and Mr. Snappy won't buy me a new TV to watch all my favorite shows LOL ... so I'm going to try to get it installed on my laptop, even though this is not my ideal place to watch "my shows" (as opposed to sprawled out on the bed with popcorn). 

Can you get a fire stick and stream that way? That’s what I did in 2019 when disney+ came out- now I just access my apps through my fire stick. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

How about a Roku? We have one. The cheapest is $30 and you just plug it into your tv. It's got all the apps on it-Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc. We have an older tv, too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I love you guys!!! I am the most technologically inept person ever ... now I know what to ask Mr. Snappy for for Valentine's Day!!! And he can teach me how to use it. If not, he's gonna have to give up the comfy living room chair (where the big TV is) 3 nights a week for me and I KNOW he won't want to do that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Once Jovi talked about Yara previously lying about a pregnancy I understood why he initially didn't believe her and wanted a test.  When he said that, she did not deny it, just denied how long it was before she told him she was "joking." I have a feeling she manipulates quite a bit; yet, here we are with someone who believes he is being lied to but moving forward in a relationship with that person.  Also noticed that when Yara was taking the tests, her hand no longer had henna on it.  

Natalie acting all crushed and telling us that she can't take criticism is just rich coming from someone who constantly criticizes everything her "love" does, eats, thinks, etc.  It was quite jarring when she not only hugged a tree but started skipping while they were out.  I think she thought she needed to show us how fun and cute she is.

Rebecca loves playing the "victim" hence allowing her family and friends to be rude to Zied after which SHE gets to have all of the attention instead of the person who was actually insulted (Zied).  

My motto which I have pretty faithfully followed: fast forward when Tarek and Hazel are on.

The people I feel sorry for after this episode?  The henna artist and the people sitting at the bar behind Brandon's parents when they started getting angry, weepy, loud, and manipulative.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Isn't Stephanie something with her baby talk of undies and tummies and her fountain of youth spa. And hula hooping not just hula hooping from her youth but being in the Guinness book hula hooping.  It's some sort of trauma for sure that youth is something to cling to as an identity. 

But her nana voice! I pondered last night if she is just that much of an entrepreneur to be doing this for the exposure of her business. Then I thought, no she is just all the way crazy. 

Lady, do you want to be a mommy figure or a lover?  Take your pick.  They way he was laying here, SO CHECKED OUT, it was cringy.  I mean, he i not that attractive, has zero personality that I have seen.......and he and his cousin are laughing at you!  

And I agree - what is with all the watches?

Father Brandon is going to have a stroke when he realized Howdy Doody and Julia are shacking up.  Hey Brandon, I have another idea - go send your go go dancer fiance to work the pole at a local club.  Cash under the table, and good money, too!

• Love 10

I noticed when she was brushing her hair she was not brushing the top of it, it really needed a good brushing.

She (Nana Stephanie) was trying to avoid tangling the brush in her extensions/weave, and accidentally pulling them out. When Ryan looks at her  his expression says: 'I utterly despise you (but I'll take you for all I can)'.

I LOL'd at droopy dawg Rebecca sad-facing that the reason she didn't have any furniture yet was because of how intensely BUSY and COMPLICATED things were at work. Since we can't make any sense of the timeline on this show, maybe that was supposed to signal the start of Covid shut-downs or something? I imagine she's pretty much unemployed at this point, unless the fried chicken restaurant did a brisk takeout business. Also, I'm finding it really hard to imagine her as a private investigator; she seems quite dim.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
19 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

Also, I didn't notice any tears in Betty or Stephanie's eyes.  Just sound effects. 

It is an old stage trick.  Cover your face with your hands and laugh.  Varying the loudness and strength of the laugh results in different types of "cries."  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Twopper said:
38 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

Also, I didn't notice any tears in Betty or Stephanie's eyes.  Just sound effects. 

It is an old stage trick.  Cover your face with your hands and laugh.  Varying the loudness and strength of the laugh results in different types of "cries."  

She's such a loser.  I guess those fake tears still work with her husband...and (at last) Brandon is becoming immune.

• Love 2

Bonus dialogue on Discovery Plus, buy now!

Mike: "Can you take Natalie in the back and show her your inventory?  I'm going to the bar next door."

Ryan: "Please don't make me have sex with mom again, it doesn't turn me on when she reties my shoes."

Brandon: "I'm so glad the bedroom subplot is finally over.  Nice job with the waterworks, mom."

Jovi: "Okay you win, you're pregnant.  Can we get back to Bourbon St.,?  I have a lot of catching up to do."

Tarik: "My plan is for this girl to be everything you want in a girlfriend.  Oh, I wrote down a list of all the things I want to watch you do with her."

Rebecca: "I hate when everybody wants to visit with Zied so they can criticize him.  I have to get a new dress for my high school reunion next week.  I can't wait for all my old friends to meet him!"

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

The people I feel sorry for after this episode?  The henna artist and the people sitting at the bar behind Brandon's parents when they started getting angry, weepy, loud, and manipulative.

The people I feel sorry for after this episode?  The henna artist and the people sitting at the bar behind Brandon's parents when they Mommie Dearest started getting angry, weepy, loud, and manipulative with those crocodile tears.

• Love 2

Every week this season is a new adventure in misery. It’s not a good sign when Tarik and Hazel seem like the best match of the whole group!

I was generally Team Yara until it came out that the reason Jovi didn’t believe her was that she’d lied before as a “joke.” And I have no patience for the mindset of “I would never put birth control tOXiNs in my body, but also I can’t believe I’m pregnant when all I did was HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX while not wanting to get pregnant! I’m such an innocent victim of the whims of fate! Who will save me from this totally unpredictable outcome of my choices?!”

Zied doesn’t seem evil or anything, and Detective Karen was out of line in how she approached the topic, but her point was correct. How many times will Rebecca make the exact same, oddly specific mistake? Her relationship with Zied seems totally superficial. Maybe he’s passive enough to stick around through sheer inertia, but this is not an intellectual power couple. 

Brandon and his family are weird and scary. I feel bad for Julia, but I hope she understands that she’s consenting to these terms by staying. She probably has no options other than returning to Russia — I doubt many places will rent to someone with no money, no job, and tenuous visa status — but like it or not, that is her option. If she stays, her life is up to Betty until Betty dies, even if she and Brandon move out. Then after Betty dies, there’s a non-zero chance it will be up to Ghost of Betty or Brandon asking his Betty Brand ouija board What Would Mother Do? She’ll probably spite-bequeath them the pigs and nothing else. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

How about a Roku? We have one. The cheapest is $30 and you just plug it into your tv. It's got all the apps on it-Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc. We have an older tv, too. 

I have a Roku too and its wonderfully convenient and easy to install and use. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

In her TH’s Natalie resembles a blow up doll (Not that Ive ever seen one) with those big blue vacant eyes and rubbery  pink lips.

Natural daylight is not kind to Rebecca. Put some blinds at your windows, girl. And get some flipping furniture! Geez!  I have to admit Zied is handling himself well. 

Are Ma & Pa Puppy Mill under the impression they’ll never ever see Howdy Doody again if he moves to an apartment? 

I was really hoping Yara wasn’t pregnant.  Lots of growing up has to happen there.

All other storylines are either boring or fake. I fast forwarded through them and ads ... I can do the whole episode in 45 minutes 😃

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Is there a reason why she should do a paternity test ? They were together for at least 2 weeks. He hasn't mentioned her cheating. It's actually pretty insulting, especially since she suffered a miscarriage already. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5