Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

This is my issue with it. Not only was he not removed but he got a standing ovation as though he was the victim. It was only once the sheep that make up Hollywood realised hey it’s not popular to support will here that was a backlash. Will himself did that weird acceptance speech but then partied the night away until the media and public made it clear that nobody was into the violence. I don’t buy his apology as it wouldn’t be happening had the public not turned on him.

I think this is understandable, but if I had one quibble it would be that "nobody was into the violence." Many people weren't, that's clear, but I was not bothered by it and I know there are plenty of others who weren't. Personally, I don't have the type of muscle to engage in physical fights, but making fun of someone's disability and/or mocking a Black woman for being "bald-headed" (especially in front of a mostly white audience) are well-known as "fighting words" and I absolutely would be having an equally public (shoulda made the joke in private if you wanted it to stay private) confrontation with someone who did either of those things to someone I loved.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

My biggest issue with the whole Will Smith Slap was the way so many turned around and immediately blamed Jada.  As if she had somehow forced him to bound up on stage and administer that slap.  It was like Will Smith was considered one of Hollywood's nice guys up to that point so he couldn't possibly have done what he did because he chose to do what he did.  

• Love 21
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

We're still talking about it because any bizarre thing that happens live on the Oscars lives forever, imprinted on our psyches. 🙂 If it had happened in a no-name comedy club it would be old news. 

Oh, totally.  I get that part.  But it isn't just that people are talking about it in an incredulous 'hey how crazy it is that Will Smith slapped Chris Rock at the Oscars', but are attaching all sorts of moral outrage and hysteria value to it at a level that exceeds the actual act.

Case in point, there is an article in The Hollywood Reporter where the editor Scott Feinberg is getting a lot of pushback  because in the article he lumps Will Smith and (Leticia Wright who has made some anti-vaxxer statements) in with Mel Gibson, Bryan Singer, Harvey Weinstein, Woody Allen, and Roman Polanski as "personal baggage' affecting their Oscar chances.  I mean, A) Not a single one of the sexual predators/molestors/pedos  mentioned had their Oscar chances really messed up because of known 'baggae' and B) by including Will (and Leticia) in with these it raises what they did to the same heinous level as what these men did.

• Like 1
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I've always thought Will Smith was an ass and the slap incident - which was entirely his fault and no one else's - changed nothing for me.

I read his book before the slap and I liked him a lot less after the book.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Oh, totally.  I get that part.  But it isn't just that people are talking about it in an incredulous 'hey how crazy it is that Will Smith slapped Chris Rock at the Oscars', but are attaching all sorts of moral outrage and hysteria value to it at a level that exceeds the actual act.

Case in point, there is an article in The Hollywood Reporter where the editor Scott Feinberg is getting a lot of pushback  because in the article he lumps Will Smith and (Leticia Wright who has made some anti-vaxxer statements) in with Mel Gibson, Bryan Singer, Harvey Weinstein, Woody Allen, and Roman Polanski as "personal baggage' affecting their Oscar chances.  I mean, A) Not a single one of the sexual predators/molestors/pedos  mentioned had their Oscar chances really messed up because of known 'baggae' and B) by including Will (and Leticia) in with these it raises what they did to the same heinous level as what these men did.

Ouch. I think Will Smith was in the wrong but hitting someone isn't in the same league as that other scum.

Chris Rock made a mean joke, which deserved groans and eyerolls and the Academy handled Will Smith and the aftermath badly but sheesh. 

• Like 3
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, PepSinger said:

No one forced Chris Rock to tell a shitty, ableist, misogynoir-ridden joke. Why is he blameless in all of this?? Has he apologized yet? Not sure why society has chosen this hill to die on (lol, just kidding, I know exactly why), but apparently we have chosen to discuss this until 2090.

Thank you.... 

3 hours ago, tessaray said:

We're still talking about it because any bizarre thing that happens live on the Oscars lives forever, imprinted on our psyches. 🙂 If it had happened in a no-name comedy club it would be old news. 

I don't mind the endless talking about it, I'll be honest.  It makes perfect sense to me.  But, I am with some other posters here who do not get the Hollywood and media hand-wringing and hypocrisy over it. Talking about it is one thing.  The reacting to it is a different thing.  Especially by some famous Hollywood people who are known for doing things at awards shows to women without their consent or who happily work with actual predators.  It's like they all stepped over each other to jump in to condemn Will, like it would make them look morally superior or that we would forget the kind of people they've shown themselves to be.  I don't think that's right, and that's where I do defend Will a bit.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, GiuliettaMasina said:

I think this is understandable, but if I had one quibble it would be that "nobody was into the violence." Many people weren't, that's clear, but I was not bothered by it and I know there are plenty of others who weren't. Personally, I don't have the type of muscle to engage in physical fights, but making fun of someone's disability and/or mocking a Black woman for being "bald-headed" (especially in front of a mostly white audience) are well-known as "fighting words" and I absolutely would be having an equally public (shoulda made the joke in private if you wanted it to stay private) confrontation with someone who did either of those things to someone I loved.  

Women don’t need men to “defend” them.

• Like 3
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Women don’t need men to “defend” them.

Agreed--which is why I didn't say they did. I was speaking very specifically about the 3 individuals involved and myself (I am a woman). I would defend any of my friends of any gender from those kinds of jokes, though only the Black women femmes and women would need defending from misogynoir, hence my specificity there. 

Edit: Black femmes of any gender can be the object of misogynoir--that's my mistake. 

Edited by GiuliettaMasina
accuracy
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GaT said:

I think the reason people aren't letting it go is one, we all saw it. Even people who didn't watch the show (like me) have seen a billion clips of it, so a lot more people are aware of it. Two, people are pissed that he basically high jacked the entire show. Questlove won his first Oscar right after the slap, but nobody was paying attention to that, in fact, nobody is paying attention to any of the winners, Will Smith is the only thing this Oscar ceremony will ever be known for, he managed to steal the limelight from everyone.

Three. The academy mishandled the whole thing. He should have been yanked from the room, & not been allowed to accept his Oscar in person. The fact that they let him stay after attacking a presenter & then get up on stage to thunderous applause from the assholes in the audience is what people are remembering, & that's what they'll always remember. Also, they just left Chris Rock standing there on stage after being attacked and left him to handle it. They didn't even send anyone over to him to see if he was hurt.

As for Chris Rock, was the joke bad? Yeah, it was a bad joke, why he would choose to make a reference to a mediocre movie from years ago is beyond me, but that's what he did. Everyone acts like he attacked Jada, but I think they're assuming he knew she had alopecia & was making fun of it. Why would he know about a medical condition she has? I had no idea she had it until this happened. I thought she just shaved her head as a fashion statement, as some women do. Is he supposed to know every sensitive thing about everyone? It's ridiculous.

Will Smith did a really stupid thing. Other people have done much, much worse, but he did this in full view of the world, & the world isn't going to forget.

He may not have known about her medical condition, but he sure as heck knew what he was doing making fun of a Black woman's lack of hair. He made a whole documentary ostensibly about the topic (but which actually just further shamed Black women), and then accepted a whole bunch of public awards and praise for being the person to bring attention to the issue and for being a "supporter" of Black women. 

Edit: I'm just going to add in the trailer of the documentary Chris Rock himself produced about Black women and hair, and then bow out of this convo for my own mental health.

Edited by GiuliettaMasina
  • Love 7

Madonna posted a pic on her social media accounts or someone did for her saying her kids were what she was thankful for. People have been focusing on the way she's made herself look from the various things she's had done to her face and the expressions on most of the kids faces in the picture. 

Edited by Jaded
Tried to fix my weird grammar
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Katy M said:

I think it's also partly because it was so unexpected.  If someone who was known to be more volatile had done it, we would also have probably been forgotten by now.

I'd add that if it had been someone more volatile, we'd be calling him an abuser, but don't mind me. That we're even talking about what Brad Pitt did is a bit weird, as if he was somehow involved in this nonsense.

7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

You can condemn the slap without acting like Will is this deplorable person among saints. 

You could also easily substitute Chris Rock for Kathy Griffin, who has a history of saying off-color things in public, and to my knowledge no one has ever slapped her where half the world can see it. Nor should they. We condemn Chris for being insensitive, for saying something tasteless and not even funny, but "Hollywood is full of trash", so are we really that surprised? Chris is still the one who got hit, and Will's apology, even if it's fully sincere, was coerced at least on some level. Denzel Washington, who walked Smith off stage after the incident, says he and Tyler Perry "prayed with Will" backstage or in the green room, but he wouldn't say what they prayed about. How about for some forbearance?

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

When for someone like me, who actually didn't know about Jada's condition, I 100% saw the joke as nothing more than a lazy reference to Demi Moore's being bald in G.I. Jane and why I was one of those in complete shock as that whole incident happened in real time. Because I couldn't understand why that very tame joke, especially by Chris Rock's standard, got that type of reaction from Will. 

It's a very lame dated reference but is it really an insult? Or would it be like if a normally skinny actor all of the sudden built a ton of muscle and Rock said they were planning on being in the remake of Commando. I am not really sure what is insulting about either reference. It's not like he said she was going to be playing a live action version of Homer Simpson. Either way though I am kind of good with some mocking at the Oscar considering most of the ceremony revolves around kissing celebrities asses.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Like 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

The bottom line is no one is obligated to accept an apology after they've been wronged, no matter how genuine the apology. If someone does something to me, even if they apologize, I am well within my right to decide if I don't want to move forward with that person. And I feel like this is where Chris is at. For all the discussion and talk about this, Chris, other than some throwaway jokes about the situation during his standups has yet to really publicly address the situation. He's just moved on with his life. But somehow he's still cast as the villain by some for what, not rushing to accept Will's public apologies.

For the record, I 100% agree with you that Chris doesn’t have to accept Will’s apology. However, I think Chris is a “villain” for what he did to Jada, and since he has not apologized to her, my opinion of him is well…trash.

I am also angry that people’s overreaction to this has made me defend Will Smith, who is someone I usually do not give a shit about and normally avoid.

Edited by PepSinger
  • Like 4
  • Love 4

Even though I'm in the camp that thinks there was an overreaction to Will's action, I don't think Chris has to accept Will's apology either. 

6 hours ago, GiuliettaMasina said:

Agreed--which is why I didn't say they did. I was speaking very specifically about the 3 individuals involved and myself (I am a woman). I would defend any of my friends of any gender from those kinds of jokes, though only the Black women femmes and women would need defending from misogynoir, hence my specificity there. 

Edit: Black femmes of any gender can be the object of misogynoir--that's my mistake. 

I also think it's natural to want to protect loved ones. People seem to assume it's always about men protecting women, it's not. I'm a woman and feel protective over men too. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Or would it be like if a normally skinny actor all of the sudden built a ton of muscle and Rock said they were planning on being in the remake of Commando.

That’s not comparable because being muscular is seen as a positive trait and being bald isn’t. Actors are praised for loading on muscle for a role. Women are judged on their femininity and appeal based on their hair. There is also a particularly loaded history of Black woman being judged on their hair. A fact the Rock knows very well given he made a documentary on the very subject. 

6 hours ago, Jaded said:

Madonna posted a pic on her social media accounts or her people did saying her kids were what she's thankful for. People have been focusing on the way she's made herself look from the various things she's had done to her face and the expressions on most of the kids faces. 

I had no idea Madonna had more than one child. Also, the angle makes the one boy's fingers look creepily long.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Jaded said:

Madonna posted a pic on her social media accounts or her people did saying her kids were what she's thankful for. People have been focusing on the way she's made herself look from the various things she's had done to her face and the expressions on most of the kids faces. 

I have no issue with facial work.  I’ve actually had a couple of procedures myself, however, if I hadn’t read who the redhead is in that photo……I would never guess it’s Madonna.  And, I’ve seen her in the media since she first made it big.  Man, that is unbelievable.  

• Sad 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I have no issue with facial work.  I’ve actually had a couple of procedures myself, however, if I hadn’t read who the redhead is in that photo……I would never guess it’s Madonna.  And, I’ve seen her in the media since she first made it big.  Man, that is unbelievable.  

Yep.

Honestly people need to lay off the cosmetic surgery after a certain point.   

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Jaded said:

Madonna posted a pic on her social media accounts or someone did for her saying her kids were what she was thankful for. People have been focusing on the way she's made herself look from the various things she's had done to her face and the expressions on most of the kids faces in the picture. 

I would never have known that was Madonna if you hadn't told me.  Wow.  And not in a good way.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I would never have known that was Madonna if you hadn't told me.  Wow.  And not in a good way.

Yep.  I honestly thought Madonna was her daughter until I realized her daughter was on the left.

There is such a thing as aging gracefully and Madonna apparently is not familiar with that term.  She can do whatever she wants but we are free to say OMG is that Madonna????

• Love 12
11 hours ago, PepSinger said:

For the record, I 100% agree with you that Chris doesn’t have to accept Will’s apology. However, I think Chris is a “villain” for what he did to Jada, and since he has not apologized to her, my opinion of him is well…trash.

And that is exactly why I said the meanspirited aspect of the joke is one of the major divisive factors of this issue. Because the bottom line is there is NO clear proof that Chris Rock knew for a fact that Jada was suffering from alopecia and so his joke was clearly intended to make fun of that. None. That's based on many people's own assumption. 

Because once again, due to the connection of the GI Jane film, it is just as believable that that's all the joke was based on - i.e. Jada shaved her head, she reminds me of Demi Moore in GI Jane - easy joke. And the fact is only Chris Rock knows for certain.

So sure, if you believe he absolutely, unequivocally knew about her condition and chose to mock it, then yeah you feel it's a dick move. But if he didn't and so he made what was a completely harmless joke, then he has nothing to apologize to anyone for. Especially seeing as he's the one who was physically assaulted on national television. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 10

Even if Chris Rock intended to mock Jada's alopecia it doesn't make Will Smith's behavior any less appalling.   Chris's words might have been hurtful to Jada but if Will Smith had used his fist instead of his open hand he could have broke Chris's jaw.  

On what should have a been a great night for Will Smith he reacted to joke being told at his wife's expense with violence.  Makes me wonder if something else would have set him off just as much. His calmly walking on stage slapping Chris and then calmly walking back to his seat is what I found so concerning.  I don't think he realized he did something wrong until someone told him  he did something wrong.   And even then I'm not sure he thought he did.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Yep.

Honestly people need to lay off the cosmetic surgery after a certain point.   

I wonder if it's like getting a tattoo, and certain people get addicted.  Has to be right, with results like this?  I saw "Truth or Dare" a couple of years ago and Madonna was soooooo beautiful at that time.  So beautiful.  So that was 1990/1991 and she was 32.  I think she could have aged wonderfully.  She's always been so fit.

Not easy to find good pictures but here

faf.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9
35 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And that is exactly why I said the meanspirited aspect of the joke is one of the major divisive factors of this issue. Because the bottom line is there is NO clear proof that Chris Rock knew for a fact that Jada was suffering from alopecia and so his joke was clearly intended to make fun of that. None. That's based on many people's own assumption. 

Because once again, due to the connection of the GI Jane film, it is just as believable that that's all the joke was based on - i.e. Jada shaved her head, she reminds me of Demi Moore in GI Jane - easy joke. And the fact is only Chris Rock knows for certain.

So sure, if you believe he absolutely, unequivocally knew about her condition and chose to mock it, then yeah you feel it's a dick move. But if he didn't and so he made what was a completely harmless joke, then he has nothing to apologize to anyone for. Especially seeing as he's the one who was physically assaulted on national television. 

I don’t think it matters if he knew she had alopecia. The man who made a documentary with this description is held to a higher standard on this subject.  

This film explores "the way hairstyles impact the activities, pocketbooks, sexual relationships, and self-esteem of the black community," according to an official synopsis.

He made the documentary because his 4 years old daughter talked about not having “good hair”. He may not have know he was making fun of a medical issue but he knew the joke was offensive. 

14 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

So beautiful.  So that was 1990/1991 and she was 32.  I think she could have aged wonderfully.  She's always been so fit.

Women aren't allowed to age naturally in Hollywood.  Not if they were known for their youth and beauty anyway.   The Jamie Lee Curtis's are rare on the ground out there, unfortunately.  I recall reading here about an actress (Bridget Fonda) who was gorgeous in her heyday who then seemed to slip out of the public eye only to be photographed daring to look like a slightly overweight 60ish woman.  The nerve of her not to still be a gorgeous 25 yr old!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I wonder if it's like getting a tattoo, and certain people get addicted.  Has to be right, with results like this?  I saw "Truth or Dare" a couple of years ago and Madonna was soooooo beautiful at that time.  So beautiful.  So that was 1990/1991 and she was 32.  I think she could have aged wonderfully.  She's always been so fit.

Not easy to find good pictures but here

faf.jpg

Young Madonna reminded me of those beautiful old Hollywood actresses.

• Love 8

I think it’s often a combination of addiction, insecurity, and how absolutely brutal the industry is to women as they age.

I wish I could remember who it was, but I swear at some point I read a quote from a character actress who said she always felt lucky she wasn’t a beauty. Her life and career were so much easier because of it.

It’s a shame, really. There are so many actresses I always thought were gorgeous/pretty/adorable and who are now almost painful to look at. We’re doing a rewatch of Friends and Courteney Cox makes me sad. I try not to blame them, though. Their environment is pretty toxic.

Edited by AgathaC
  • Like 4
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, AgathaC said:

I wish I could remember who it was, but I swear at some point I read a quote from a character actress who said she always felt lucky she wasn’t a beauty. Her life and career were so much easier because of it.

I don't know if Angela Lansbury is who you're thinking of but she is definitely someone who, while very attractive, always seemed to play characters older than her actual age when she was first starting out.  Eventually that was very much in her favour as she had a wonderful career that wasn't dependent on being drop dead gorgeous.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

I don't know if Angela Lansbury is who you're thinking of but she is definitely someone who, while very attractive, always seemed to play characters older than her actual age when she was first starting out.  Eventually that was very much in her favour as she had a wonderful career that wasn't dependent on being drop dead gorgeous.

It could have been! I adore her and have seen/read interviews with her over the years.

Whether it was her or not, what was said stuck with me. No judgement if people want to have work done. It’s a personal choice and if it makes someone feel good (and doesn’t hurt anyone), fine. But it’s a shame if people feel they need to in response to outside pressure. Particularly with people who probably would have stayed beautiful thanks to bone structure, but end up looking scary.

• Like 3
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Even though I'm in the camp that thinks there was an overreaction to Will's action, I don't think Chris has to accept Will's apology either. 

I also think it's natural to want to protect loved ones. People seem to assume it's always about men protecting women, it's not. I'm a woman and feel protective over men too. 

Men’s idea of “protection” is far more likely to include violence, and that’s the problem. 

7 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Exactly Jada is capable of speaking up herself.

THANK YOU.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Men’s idea of “protection” is far more likely to include violence, and that’s the problem. 

THANK YOU.

That is true, and trust me, men who are quick to get physical get on my nerves. Most of us condemn violence. It’s often not even about protection but their ego. Toxic masculinity is different from truly wanting to protect, and I think for a lot of us protection just means speaking up when someone (man or woman) is mocked, mistreated, bullied, etc. For example, I took up for a work friend when my former boss was being an ass and not believing her about something. Sometimes some support helps, and it doesn’t mean the other person is this helpless damsel either.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AgathaC said:

I think it’s often a combination of addiction, insecurity, and how absolutely brutal the industry is to women as they age.

So many of the women in the industry have almost no other options.  Few have any educational background past high school, so they become desperate to stay in an industry that doesn't want to see them aging. 

The number of women that have college degrees and can have a successful life post-acting is staggering low.  

Unless you're a REAL talent, like Helen Mirren, Judi Dench, Susan Sarandon, etc., then you have to have what else the industry wants.  And that's a never ending parade of young and perfect women ready to buy into the Hollywood dream and do whatever it takes to be "famous".

Women should really want more for themselves.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

So many of the women in the industry have almost no other options.  Few have any educational background past high school, so they become desperate to stay in an industry that doesn't want to see them aging. 

As Goldie Hawn's character said in the First Wives Club actresses in Hollywood have three ages. Babe, District Attorney. Driving Miss Daisy.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

I think Madonna actually looks pretty good, although you never know what’s under the makeup.  It’s just shocking. Maybe, she gets a kick out of it.  

I guess I’m one of those people who doesn’t understand why people, especially seniors,  who are wildly wealthy continue to engage in projects in the media, such as videos, postings, tours, etc.  And, act and dress like they are teens.  It’s just amazing.  Sure, exposing your body is ok.  It’s your right, but I fail to see the incentive.  We get to see this behavior with people like Madonna, Spears, Kardassians, etc.  I get doing projects for charity or income, if you need it.  That recent nude campaign with Christopher Meloni caught my interest.  Lol I got a kick out of that and am still not sure if it was a joke, though, he obviously got paid for it.  I guess he’s in the category of working actor and isn’t in that class of mega rich icon, though.  

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Madonna actually looks pretty good, although you never know what’s under the makeup.  It’s just shocking. Maybe, she gets a kick out of it.  

I guess I’m one of those people who doesn’t understand why people, especially seniors,  who are wildly wealthy continue to engage in projects in the media, such as videos, postings, tours, etc.  And, act and dress like they are teens.  It’s just amazing.  Sure, exposing your body is ok.  It’s your right, but I fail to see the incentive.  We get to see this behavior with people like Madonna, Spears, Kardassians, etc.  I get doing projects for charity or income, if you need it.  That recent nude campaign with Christopher Meloni caught my interest.  Lol I got a kick out of that and am still not sure if it was a joke, though, he obviously got paid for it.  I guess he’s in the category of working actor and isn’t in that class of mega rich icon, though.  

The Kartrashians aren’t in the same category as the rest. They have no talent  other than exploiting themselves and now their innocent young kids.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Apparently two of GMA’s anchors who host the 3rd hour of the show have been caught having an affair. Amy Roebach (who is married to Andrew Shue) and T.J. Holmes (he is also married)have had photos surfaced of them holding hands in Ubers and at a pub, going alone together to each other’s apartments as well as to a cabin upstate. 

• Mind Blown 17
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I don't think it's who you're thinking of but Shirley MacLaine said something like this once. Scrub to around 12:45.

Apparently two of GMA’s anchors who host the 3rd hour of the show have been caught having an affair. Amy Roebach (who is married to Andrew Shue) and T.J. Holmes (he is also married)have had photos surfaced of them holding hands in Ubers and at a pub, going alone together to each other’s apartments as well as to a cabin upstate. 

I might be scandalized (probably not) if I knew who either of those people were. I know you explained, but I swear I've never heard those names in my entire life. Googled them and I don't even recognize their photos. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Dani said:

He made the documentary because his 4 years old daughter talked about not having “good hair”. He may not have know he was making fun of a medical issue but he knew the joke was offensive. 

Also I am not sure if people are largely aware, but Chris has some weird thing about Jada. He has made pointed comments about her before under the guise of comedy.  This is not the first time, nor indeed even the first time at the Oscars.  During the #OscarsSoWhite campaign when a LOT of POC were speaking out about the issue and some were talking about not attending the ceremony Jada was one of the many who commented.  Mind you, Chris was the host that year and chose, out of all the black celebrities who has spoken out on the subject,  to single out Jada in a way that ridiculed her only for a stance that many were taking.

It is a smaller piece of what many black women feel is his not so cloaked misogynoir.  He has unprecedented access in white spaces so he gets to make comedy about black people in a way that white comics simply can't.  Many comics trade is misogny but there is a little something extra when you intersect race with that. 

His 'Good Hair' doc is quite problematic. On the one hand it does get to the some of the issues around the billion dollar hair care industry but on the other he doesn't tell the story in an even handed way.  There is a patina of shaming women for their choices or chiding them for choosing to spend their money on something he considers so frivolous.  He seems to be trying to let people in on the joke.  But I wonder if he'd do the same to a man for his spending hundreds and hundreds on a collection of Air Jordans or a vanity motorcycle collection? 

Alsp I will never forget this quote from him:

"When I was a dating guy, I dated women from different races. Anytime I was with an Asian or a Puerto Rican girl or a white girl, my hands would constantly be in their hair. Like my hands were thirsty."

• Mind Blown 6
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Chile......

GMA's Amy Robach & T.J. Holmes Caught In Extramarital Affair!!

It appears Good Morning America costars Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes are more than colleagues, with new photos and a report exposing an alleged six-month extramarital affair.

According to Radar, neither Robach nor Holmes have filed for divorce from their respective significant others, but the two have been spending quite a bit of time together outside of work hours.

On November 13, photogs caught the duo on a weekend trip at a cabin in upstate New York, with a few snaps showing Holmes, 45, patting Robach's rear end as she loaded up the trunk of a car. A blurrier snap allegedly depicted them holding hands in the backseat of an Uber, while another set of pics showed the twosome laughing while swigging beers at O'Donoghue's Irish bar in Times Square.

"They were totally into each other. She was giggling at whatever he was saying, and they were looking at each other's phones," an eyewitness spilled to an outlet of the bar outing. "At one point she was kind of dancing in her chair to the music and laughing so hard she practically fell into his lap."

It's also reported they've each been seen visiting the other's apartment. The shots are all dated from this past November.

Insiders claimed they took their friendship to the next level "when they were in London together filming the Queen's Diamond Jubilee for ABC ... staff were buzzing about the intimacy between them."

The same sources seemed surprised by the news, explaining, "Everyone knows that Amy and T.J. have been close friends for a long time now, running together and even socializing as a foursome with each other's spouses."

Robach has been married to actor Andrew Shue (ex-Billy, Melrose Place) since 2009 while Holmes and Marilee Fiebig tied the knot in 2010. An outlet claimed their spouses found out about the affair at some point and both couples reportedly separated this past August.

ABC, Robach and Holmes have yet to comment on the situation.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I don't even know these people besides Andrew Shue, but holy crap!  I haven't thought about Andrew since like the 90s, and now I am realizing that he is Elisabeth's brother.  LOL.  

1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Also I am not sure if people are largely aware, but Chris has some weird thing about Jada.

Yes, there are so many layers to this.  If it was someone else, I don't think Will would have necessarily reacted the same.   It's a very particular event with very specific people, with a lot of nuances.  That's why my stance isn't so black and white.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Tired Season 1 GIF by Now Apocalypse

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Did they just think somehow no one would ever see them together lol?

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

On November 13, photogs caught the duo on a weekend trip at a cabin in upstate New York, with a few snaps showing Holmes, 45, patting Robach's rear end as she loaded up the trunk of a car. A blurrier snap allegedly depicted them holding hands in the backseat of an Uber, while another set of pics showed the twosome laughing while swigging beers at O'Donoghue's Irish bar in Times Square.

Photos emerging from a cabin in upstate New York? Ok, so which spouse hired a P.I.? LOL

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Madonna is starting to look like Jocelyn Wildenstein.   And Rocco is starting to look just like his daddy.  

Very handsome Rocco.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

Photos emerging from a cabin in upstate New York? Ok, so which spouse hired a P.I.? LOL

It was my understanding that each had separated from their respective spouses some months ago.  I’ll try to find a link.  I think it was People.  ………..

Here it is.  

https://people.com/tv/good-morning-america-amy-robach-tj-holmes-shut-down-instagram-amid-rumors/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 4