Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

But,  I’m wondering if this was well deserved.  Is Corden known for being rude in public? I don’t watch his show or follow him.  

There have been stories circulating for awhile now that he is kind of a diva-jerk who let stardom go to his head.  He most prominently has been roasted publicly as a jerk for attending a Writers Guild of America meeting to advocate for a pay cut for late night writers, which would have obviously impacted his show staff and wasn’t a great look.

I would of course never be abusive to restaurant staff, but I also wasn’t sure what the Balthazar guy’s angle was in publicizing the story that Corden got upset upon finding a hair in his food.  That’s pretty gross, and I wouldn’t expect a customer to be happy about that.  But I get calling Corden out about the egg yolk omelette drama (why did Corden even go back to that restaurant??).  I also didn’t know that there were yolk-only omelettes.

Between omelettes and salad dressing, it’s been an eventful week on the celebrity food front.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Yeah, I don’t condone the mistreatment of servers, even if the order is wrong.  I’m extra nice and tip well. So grateful they are brave enough to be there.  I just wondered what the point was from the restaurant owner too.  I guess it was due to Corden expecting free drinks, due to the hair in the food.  Oh well, celebs know they are being watched.  

• Like 9
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Peace 47 said:

I would of course never be abusive to restaurant staff, but I also wasn’t sure what the Balthazar guy’s angle was in publicizing the story that Corden got upset upon finding a hair in his food

The full account said he did that after eating the entire meal rather than when he found it, with the implication to me being that he was lying. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 5
  • Useful 11
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Zella said:

The full account said he did that after eating the entire meal rather than when he found it, with the implication to me being that he was lying. 

Possibly, although it's also possible he didn't find the hair until he'd eaten almost everything.  I was out with friends and one of them found a hair in her nachos only when she was transferring the leftovers into a takeaway container.

I probably would've been nasty to the manager in that situation, but not the waitstaff.  Still, sounds like Corden has been like this for years.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

If I find a hair in my food, it could just as well be my own. Or the waiter's on the way to my table. I really don't get fussed about a hair. Possibly the result of having cats.

No need to be a jerk about it. To anyone. It's a hair, not a dead animal. It won't do any damage and doesn't affect the taste of the food.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
22 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Possibly, although it's also possible he didn't find the hair until he'd eaten almost everything.  I was out with friends and one of them found a hair in her nachos only when she was transferring the leftovers into a takeaway container.

I probably would've been nasty to the manager in that situation, but not the waitstaff.  Still, sounds like Corden has been like this for years.

Very true! I'm just not inclined to give Corden the benefit of the doubt with his long history of being a shit to people. That being said, I think the restaurateur doesn't come out of this looking great either. He made such a big deal out of protecting his staff, but it seems like Corden is welcome to come back and terrorize them, as long as he apologized to the owner, who was not on the receiving end of the verbal abuse to begin with. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, supposebly said:

If I find a hair in my food, it could just as well be my own. Or the waiter's on the way to my table. I really don't get fussed about a hair. Possibly the result of having cats.

No need to be a jerk about it. To anyone. It's a hair, not a dead animal. It won't do any damage and doesn't affect the taste of the food.

I find it gross no matter whose hair it is, but if I can tell that it's not mine, I do complain.  But I definitely wouldn't yell at the waiter.  Hell, I probably wouldn't even yell at the manager, but I would get upset.

In my friend's case, it definitely wasn't her hair.  Wrong color and it was under the nachos, not near the top where it could've fallen while she was eating.

• Like 4
  • Love 12

Luckily I've only found a hair in my food a couple times and each time I have alerted the server and they have sent the manager to my table and  they offered to replace my meal as well as comp my meal. I always accept the comp but I decline the replacement meal.  I have always been discreet when telling the server/manager.  No need to make a scene.

I never read the book Heartburn but I love the movie.  I can't remember if the recipe Olivia Wilde posted is the same dish Meryl Streep's character dumps on her husband"s (Jack Nicholson) head.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Very true! I'm just not inclined to give Corden the benefit of the doubt with his long history of being a shit to people. That being said, I think the restaurateur doesn't come out of this looking great either. He made such a big deal out of protecting his staff, but it seems like Corden is welcome to come back and terrorize them, as long as he apologized to the owner, who was not on the receiving end of the verbal abuse to begin with. 

I haven't been a Corden fan for a while but yeah, the last time I remember hearing about Balthazar was when staff was complaining about the lack of covid safety measures and not being treated well so I'm not sure there are heroes here. 

https://www.grubstreet.com/2021/12/balthazar-staff-worried-about-restaurants-covid-response.html

• Like 2
  • Useful 9

If I find a hair in my food, I pick it off and enjoy my meal.

If someone wants to alert the server, no problem, of course, but immediately barking out demands for comped drinks instead of just letting them know and waiting to see what's offered is incredibly rude.  In that story, he just comes across as someone who doesn't want to pay for drinks.

The initial behavior around the omelette was fine, too.  I'm the opposite and will only eat egg whites, and if there was a little bit of yolk I could just cut off, I wouldn't even mention it.  If it was something I felt appropriate to send back, though, I would.  The issue the owner raised about Corden wasn't that they sent the omelette back, but that when the new one was accidentally served with potatoes instead of the salad she'd ordered, he went batshit on the server, accusing her of being incompetent.  I get being frustrated that she had to wait for a replacement order and then it comes out wrong, but damn, dude.  Also, let her deal with it herself.  (Like he apparently does when she's trying to juggle luggage and a crying kid, if that airplane story is true.)

• Like 2
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Also, let her deal with it herself.  (Like he apparently does when she's trying to juggle luggage and a crying kid, if that airplane story is true.)

I am skeptical of that airplane story because it's too well-crafted for your average "this celebrity is an asshole" story. 

It being a fancy restaurant and all that probably boasts a temperamental chef, it is probably tasty,  but the idea of an egg yolk omelette just sounds repulsive to me.

But also, James Corden just seems like an asshole just buy looking at him so I am not surprised that he turns out to be a terror to wait staff. 

I have never been to a restaurant, even the most pretentious, where a polite request to have a dish sent back for whatever reason wasn't enough.  No need for histrionics.  And typically we'll get comped something.  Either our drinks, free desserts for the table, or once the whole check. Again, no tantrums required.  I am usually apologetic and would only send something back if it were really just egregiously wrong (and a little egg white would not have risen to that bar, but a hair would have).

So yeah, the fact that he needs to berate and yell at wait staff is just the sign of a total asshole.

Also agreed that neither Cordon nor the the owner come out looking well in this for the simple fact that that apology acceptance sounds like fawning ass kissing and seems to sweep away Cordon's ass-holery to the staff.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

I found a small price label in my chicken pot pie once. Must have fell into the container where they scoop the fillings to make the pies, LOL. I discreetly told the waitress and got it replaced. I can't imagine causing a scene and yelling at a waiter who didn't cook the food in the first place. They usually comp or give a small freebie anyway. No need to demand free stuff. At least ask nicely.

• Like 4
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, supposebly said:

I lol'd because you just described my exact feelings on this. I remember Elaine on Seinfeld saying that she took such good care of her hair, you could eat off it. I could relate to that, too.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I found a small price label in my chicken pot pie once. Must have fell into the container where they scoop the fillings to make the pies, LOL. I discreetly told the waitress and got it replaced. I can't imagine causing a scene and yelling at a waiter who didn't cook the food in the first place. They usually comp or give a small freebie anyway. No need to demand free stuff. At least ask nicely.

Yeah, I don’t know that I would complain, report or do anything anymore, regarding service or a product.  You never know if the person you’re dealing with is stable or not.  There are so many incidences of people overreacting to anything you might say ….I don’t think I’d take the chance. Even if they did mess up my $30.00 omelette.  Lol.  Today, I heard a lady yelling in the grocery store parking lot. She sounded angry.  I have no idea why….but I jumped into my car and took off in the opposite direction.    

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

Lana Del Rey took to Instagram to inform her fans about a recent robbery and what exactly was taken from her (and from us, the fans). On her @honeymoon private account, Del Rey said her computer, three camcorders, and multiple external hard drives had been stolen from her car when it was parked on Melrose Place in Los Angeles. The thieves have leaked songs and forced LDR to remotely wipe a 200-page manuscript that she hadn’t backed up on the cloud. “People are still able this week to remotely access my phone and leak our songs and personal photos,” she said. “Despite all of this happening, I am confident in the record to come.” Del Rey also said she is worried about what may yet come out, including two years of footage of her family. She asked people not to listen to the music if it leaks. “I’m hoping that nothing else becomes available or stolen,” she said. “I don’t really like to share things that are going not to plan. It’s why I’ve been private in the first place, and it doesn’t really seem to have any bearing on whether or not things actually stay private.”

https://www.vulture.com/2022/10/lana-del-rey-lost-music-manuscript-in-a-robbery.html

How does this keep happening to her??

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
On 10/19/2022 at 11:43 AM, Zella said:

it seems like Corden is welcome to come back and terrorize them, as long as he apologized to the owner, who was not on the receiving end of the verbal abuse to begin with.

That’s my problem.  He needs to apologize in person to the server her berated. No apologizing to the owner or ordering assistant to send flowers.  Show up and grovel to the person you mistreated, or don’t come back.  I’m very disappointed by this resolution.

• Like 2
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Crs97 said:

That’s my problem.  He needs to apologize in person to the server her berated. No apologizing to the owner or ordering assistant to send flowers.  Show up and grovel to the person you mistreated, or don’t come back.  I’m very disappointed by this resolution.

If it's any consolation, since Mr. Corden is ending his   show next year, he won't have as much cash to burn as before to spend on dining out so the staff likely won't have to deal with him that much longer!

• Love 2
On 10/17/2022 at 4:23 PM, SnapHappy said:

Yes, she did.  Elegant, polished and age appropriate in a classy and flattering outfit.  That was the exception to a LOT of bad "fashion".  Hundreds of thousands of dollars, and those people can't even see past the flattery of their minions, I imagine.  As we've all said before, money can't buy taste!

You can't go wrong with a classic tuxedo tailored for a feminine figure.

But sadly, most high fashion is ghastly these days. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Crs97 said:

He says it’s silly now and he didn’t do anything wrong! Way to go, James! Double down on assholery! 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Blergh said:

If it's any consolation, since Mr. Corden is ending his   show next year, he won't have as much cash to burn as before to spend on dining out so the staff likely won't have to deal with him that much longer!

He's probably ending the show because he it keeps interfering with opportunities to do other stuff.  He'll have money but at least he may not be in the US. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, cpcathy said:

He says it’s silly now and he didn’t do anything wrong! Way to go, James! Double down on assholery! 

Way to confirm you are a complete ass. If you get blasted for being rude to wait staff and don’t come away with any doubt or self-reflection you are just a shitty human being who doesn’t see waitstaff as being deserving of respect. I am a big believer that how you treat waiters is a big indicator of what kind of person you are. There are ways to stand up for yourself and point out problems without being rude. 

Grey Poupon isn't missing out on the exposure from being associated with the Olivia Wilde-Harry Styles scandal, announcing in an Instagram post that it is releasing 100 limited-edition “Don’t Worry Dijon” jars.

Grey Poupon will be giving away a limited number of the new jars in the coming days through its social media channels, its owner Kraft Heinz said.

The Instagram post even features a feather boa wrapped around the jar – a costume staple of pop star Harry Style’s 15-show run at Madison Square Garden.

It looks like they also printed the recipe for the dressing on the back of the jar. Unless it's just 'shopped on the picture. Should Nora Ephron's estate be getting royalties?

• LOL 8
On 10/18/2022 at 11:56 AM, SnapHappy said:

She's at a level and point in her career where she can do whatever she wants.  I love her acting, so maybe it's back to TV when she feels like it.  

Patti Lupone is one of the most awful people to work on Broadway. I don't deny her talent, but anyone who has worked in the industry will tell you how horrible she is.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Patti Lupone is one of the most awful people to work on Broadway. I don't deny her talent, but anyone who has worked in the industry will tell you how horrible she is.

Do you know why?  She had an impressive body of work.  I recall seeing her in many things over the years.  I took a look at some articles about her outspoken opinions, one being the recent announcement about the membership issue.  It seems she’s been commenting on the dumbing down of Broadway and the gross production of hyped super hero movies for several years.  I get her point.  Just wondering if there was more.  

https://nypost.com/2020/05/04/how-patti-lupone-became-the-biggest-trash-talker-in-hollywood/

Plus this.

https://www.newsweek.com/patti-lupone-audience-mask-company-twitter-viral-company-1705498

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Do you know why?  She had an impressive body of work.  I recall seeing her in many things over the years.  I took a look at some articles about her outspoken opinions, one being the recent announcement about the membership issue.  It seems she’s been commenting on the dumbing down of Broadway and the gross production of hyped super hero movies for several years.  I get her point.  Just wondering if there was more.  

She's incredibly jealous and petty towards other female singers and costars. She had issues getting along with both Rosalie Craig and Katrina Lenk (the Bobbies of the Company revival). They all smile on social media, but behind the scenes it was not the same.

As I said, her talent is out of this world so she gets away with it.

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Useful 7
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

She's incredibly jealous and petty towards other female singers and costars. She had issues getting along with both Rosalie Craig and Katrina Lenk (the Bobbies of the Company revival). They all smile on social media, but behind the scenes it was not the same.

I see.  I also found this piece that list a lot of her reasons for notoriety.  

https://www.nickiswift.com/912301/the-untold-truth-of-patti-lupone/

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I see.  I also found this piece that list a lot of her reasons for notoriety.  

https://www.nickiswift.com/912301/the-untold-truth-of-patti-lupone/

18 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Lupone may be outspoken, but the more I read, the more I’m impressed.  I didn’t find that was she abusive to anyone in the workplace.  

I agree (so far) -- what she said about Madonna, for example, was blunt but not untrue. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5

And Russell Crowe throws telephones at hotel staff.  And Naomi Campbell has tantrums every 5 minutes.  And Christian Bale screams at crew members.  Alec Baldwin trashed his own kid on the phone.  Katherine Heigl insulted all her costars.  Sharon Stone treats costars and fans like shit.  And don't get anybody started on Kanye.

Celebrity bad behavior is nothing new, and will always be.  And it usually has ZERO to do with their level of talent.  

Edited by SnapHappy
Edited to appease another poster
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Christian Bale screams at crew members.

I only know of only one time he did this and he apologized. But I suppose once is more than enough for people to keep throwing his name with all others who have a history of abusive behavior.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

In one of her final interviews, Littlefeather told The Chronicle that she took the stage at the Oscars because “I spoke my heart, not for me, myself, as an Indian woman but for we and us, for all Indian people … I had to speak the truth. Whether or not it was accepted, it had to be spoken on behalf of Native people.”

But Littlefeather didn’t tell the truth that night. That’s because, according to her biological sisters, Rosalind Cruz and Trudy Orlandi, Littlefeather isn’t Native at all.

“It’s a lie,” Orlandi told me in an exclusive interview. “My father was who he was. His family came from Mexico. And my dad was born in Oxnard.”

“It is a fraud,”  Cruz agreed. “It’s disgusting to the heritage of the tribal people. And it’s just … insulting to my parents.”

Littlefeather’s sisters both said in separate interviews that they have no known Native American/American Indian ancestry. They identified as “Spanish” on their father’s side and insisted their family had no claims to a tribal identity.

“I mean, you’re not gonna be a Mexican American princess,” Orlandi said of her sister’s adoption of a fraudulent identity. “You’re gonna be an American Indian princess. It was more prestigious to be an American Indian than it was to be Hispanic in her mind.”

Her claim to White Mountain Apache heritage, a federally recognized tribe in Arizona with official enrollment policies and a long history of isolation from Spanish colonialism, was especially curious. Littlefeather was born in Salinas, [...] under the name Maria Louise Cruz in 1946. Her parents were Manuel Ybarra Cruz and Gertrude Barnitz. My review of her father’s side of the family tree, where she claimed her Native heritage, found no documented ties between his extended family and any extant Native American nations in the United States.

I did, however, find family records in Mexico going back to 1850. Marriage and baptismal records do not place the Cruz or Ybarra families near White Mountain Apache territory in Arizona — and they weren’t near Yaqui communities in Mexico, either. Instead, the Cruz line goes to a village that is now part of Mexico City. Mexican Catholic baptismal records and U.S. military registration cards from World War I and World War II of the Ybarra men (their grandmother’s brothers) place distant family in Pima/O’odham (formerly Papago) tribal territory in Sonora, Mexico. However, Brian Haley, a scholar of California and Sonoran tribes, told me that these are communities where tribal members would have been a distinct minority.

[...] A review of five decades of media reports about Littlefeather showed that her claims of affiliation with the White Mountain Apache began after she was a student at San Jose State in the late 1960s and local Bay Area news outlets reported on her burgeoning modeling career. On Jan. 14, 1971, the Oakland Tribune published a photo of her and identified her as Sacheen Littlefeather. A few days later, KRON news filmed a short modeling video of her wearing Native-inspired outfits. And on March 28, 1971, the San Francisco Examiner featured a photo of her with Cheri Nordwall, an Ojibwe/Shoshone activist, where Littlefeather is described as “White Mountain Apache.” In the decades following, she also claimed to be of Yaqui descent. There is one federally recognized Pascua Yaqui tribe in Arizona, but she never claimed that tribe specifically.

Both sisters insist that their primary goal in coming forward is to restore the truth about their parents, who they said were good, hard-working and caring people.

They both insisted that Littlefeather assumed the life story of their father, who in no way resembled her characterization of a violent Apache alcoholic who terrorized them and their white mother.

“My father was deaf and he had lost his hearing at 9 years old through meningitis,” Cruz said. “He was born into poverty. His father, George Cruz, was an alcoholic who was violent and used to beat him. And he was passed to foster homes and family. But my sister Sacheen took what happened to him.”

In a separate interview, Orlandi agreed: “My father’s father, George, he was the alcoholic. My dad never drank. My dad never smoked. And you know, she also blasted him and said my father was mentally ill. My father was not mentally ill.”

Could their family have some distant drop of Indigenous blood from hundreds of years ago? It’s possible; many people of Mexican descent do. But Indigenous identity is more complicated than that. A U.S. citizen of distant French descent does not get to claim French citizenship. And it would be absurd for that person to wear a beret on stage at the Oscars and speak on behalf of the nation of France. The White Mountain Apache is a very specific tribe with very specific rules of membership. Falsely claiming its heritage, using it to become a spokesperson and relying on dangerous tropes about an abusive Indian father to bolster that fable did real damage.

Both Cruz and Orlandi learned of their big sister’s death via online news. Neither was invited to the funeral and did not know when it was taking place until a priest contacted them.

When asked if she thought Littlefeather’s life or career would have been better if she had never claimed to be American Indian, Orlandi demurred. “Sacheen did not like herself. She didn’t like being Mexican. So, yes, it was better for her that way to play someone else.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/Sacheen-Littlefeather-oscar-Native-pretendian-17520648.php

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 9
59 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Thank you for this! In reading about her, I always found her story about her early life questionable. It's good to know my instincts were right.

She still didn't deserve her treatment at the Oscars, though.

Patti Lupone seems like she tells it as she sees it, no matter what. I love people like her.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Nothing can take away from what Miss Littlefeather said and what she was trying to call out. However, it's a bit sad that she seems similar to Iron Eyes Cody who had a very long career playing Native Americans and identified as being one but was, in actuality, a son of Italian immigrants from Louisiana. 

As for Miss Lupone, IMO, she's brilliantly talented but it doesn't seem as though being her acquaintance would guarantee having fun or happy experiences.  Yeah, she may tell it like what she wants others to think it is but that in itself  doesn't guarantee her being a pleasant person (and yes I'd say all the above if this were a male performer).

• Like 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I don't think being direct and honest has to be mutually exclusive from being kind. 

Tact and even civility are prized commodities- including (if not especially in) the public spheres!

Alas, Miss Lupone doesn't appear to have said commodities but no one can deny her innate talent (and one could have said the same about the late Frank Sinatra).

• Love 6
16 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Celebrity bad behavior is nothing new, and will always be.  And it usually has ZERO to do with their level of talent.  

If you have good enough talent, bad behavior gets ignored.   Everyone else is considered a jerk.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

After their former nanny claimed that Wilde had rehomed the family dog, Gordon, to spend more time with Harry Styles at the beginning of their relationship, Los Angeles’ MaeDay Rescue pushed back on the allegations, calling Wilde “a responsible pet owner,” and giving an update on the pup.

[...] the nanny also accused the Don’t Worry Darling director of giving away her dog, Gordon, weeks after meeting Styles and starting production on her film. “She came for a visit and said, ‘We have to find Gordon a new home,’ nonchalantly,” the nanny told The Daily Mail. “Jason doesn’t really care for animals and wanted him out of their home ASAP.” She went on to claim that she was the one who arranged for Gordon to be rehomed with his New York City dog walker (not to be confused with the L.A. dog walker, who supposedly wrote an anonymous Gawker post about their experience).

Posting a few photos of the pup on Instagram, the official MaeDay account explained that Gordon was rescued in 2018 as a newborn puppy, and adopted by Wilde at 2 months old. (Wilde first confirmed the adoption in an Instagram post shared in December of 2018.) “After giving him much love and training and travel adventures, she realized that Gordy didn’t love the travel life and wasn’t happy around toddlers,” the caption read. “Gordy had formed a very strong bond with his dog walker and in Gordy’s best interest and after much consideration, he was rehomed to his Brooklyn dog walker.”

The organization also wrote that Wilde called MaeDay Rescue to discuss the possibility of rehoming the lab mix before making a final decision, explaining that Wilde “rehomed Gordy out of compassion and love for him,” and that the dog was now “living his best life.”

https://www.thecut.com/2022/10/olivia-wilde-dog-rehoming-controversy-explained.html

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

“After giving him much love and training and travel adventures, she realized that Gordy didn’t love the travel life and wasn’t happy around toddlers,”

I want to say that the same people who jumped on her for rehoming the dog would be jumping on her for keeping him had he harmed a child.  However, I am personally acquainted with a few people who would have expected her to rehome the toddlers so possibly not.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 10/24/2022 at 11:09 AM, GiuliettaMasina said:

Almost all of the Native Americans I follow are pushing back hard on the Sacheen Littlefeather story. The author is known to be harmful to Black Native American, sloppy in her research, and it's unclear whether Littlefeather's sisters told her that they weren't Native, or if in fact, she told them that and is now misrepresenting their acceptance of her assertions. 

Edited to add some relevant threads (I'm making no judgement as it's not my place, just adding further context):

Interesting information. I have no clue what the truth is but this sentiment from many that she’s Mexican not Native makes me very uncomfortable. I live in California and am very familiar with the area Sacheen grew up and it seems like many people are ignoring the fact that California used to be part of Mexico. Mexican and Native culture are so intertwined here. According to her Wiki, Sancheen said that she was part Yaqui, a tribe that was originally from Mexico. 

Marriage and baptismal records do not place the Cruz or Ybarra families near White Mountain Apache territory in Arizona — and they weren’t near Yaqui communities in Mexico, either. 

@Dani This is from the article. If there's a way to fact-check it, I wish someone would. Presumably the outlets just reposting the article could also source marriage and baptismal records. 

https://deadline.com/2022/10/sacheen-littlefeather-fact-or-fiction-academy-museum-owes-exhibit-1235153768/

This article talks about an interview with Jacqueline Stewart. What is journalism? Is everyone incapable of fact-checking? It shouldn't be that difficult to verify some of these details and it should be standard practice against misinformation.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5