Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

Someone once told that her boyfriend went to prostitutes. She said it is only sex and all couples have their problems. I disagreed. Some women are just stupid IMO. I do hope Ben has stopped drinking and for their sake this marriage lasts.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

I actually think JLo and Arod was more of a "uh, I don't think we actually like each other" thing. When they got together both were so busy with their projects. Then the pandemic hit and many people were forced to spend lots of time home with each other. And many couples found out that they didn't actually like each other that much.

• Love 9

I really think ARod is a narcissist. JLo as usual put up with it. With Ben I hope she has found someone who truly loves her. I read an article that JLo's mother said they should have married years ago and he is the love of her life.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I actually think JLo and Arod was more of a "uh, I don't think we actually like each other" thing. When they got together both were so busy with their projects. Then the pandemic hit and many people were forced to spend lots of time home with each other. And many couples found out that they didn't actually like each other that much.

A-Rod also stepped out on J-Lo with a messy famewhore from a Bravo show who immediately posted about it on her social media.  

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

A-Rod also stepped out on J-Lo with a messy famewhore from a Bravo show who immediately posted about it on her social media.  

Madison Lecroy of Southern Charm

madison.jpg

The_More_You_Know_0-0_screenshot.png

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 2
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Madison Lecroy of Southern Charm

madison.jpg

The_More_You_Know_0-0_screenshot.png

Oh, I am completely aware which Southern Charm lady A-Rod stepped out with.  To name her is to give her the attention she craves even on these boards.

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Yep.  But as much I respect Jennifer's professional accomplishments, she's an absolute fool in love.  It's not just Ben.  It's rumored Marc Anthony cheated on her.

I don’t know if J-Lo has been the epitome of monogamy herself, which may be why she puts up with the cheating. She started “hanging out” with Ben literally two seconds after her broken engagement from A-Rod. Did she end things with A-Rod, then immediately call Ben and they instantly decided to start hanging out and getting papped together? Or were they “involved” before the breakup?

If you look at her relationships history, nearly all of her marriages and/or boyfriends almost overlap. She’ll end one relationship, then weeks later she’ll be in another serious relationship. I seem to distinctly recall there being rumors that she and Ben were involved before her marriage to Criss Judd ended. I wouldn’t be surprised if similar behavior was happening with her other relationships considering she is almost always on to the next guy within weeks of a breakup. 

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Oh, I am completely aware which Southern Charm lady A-Rod stepped out with.  To name her is to give her the attention she craves even on these boards.

True.  But perhaps it's better to name her outright than increase her Google trend results by people Googling her to see who it was.

9 minutes ago, Enero said:

Did she end things with A-Rod, then immediately call Ben and they instantly decided to start hanging out and getting papped together?

I can't speak about J-Lo and fidelity.  But as for the recent timeline, she started hanging out with Ben soon after calling off her engagement but there are rumors J Lo and A-Rod called things off weeks or months before it was officially announced.

• Love 8
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Enero said:

I seem to distinctly recall there being rumors that she and Ben were involved before her marriage to Criss Judd ended.

I'm not a J.Lo fan so I have no clue what is or isn't true, but I remember reading her response to this 20 years ago in an interview. She really strongly denied that she'd cheated with Ben and says they were just friends until after she separated from her husband. I was able to find it again, and here's what she said:

RD: Well, there's definitely one man who thinks you're beautiful -- Ben Affleck. But what everyone wants to know is...how did you and Ben fall in love?

JL: We met on the set of Gigli. I was with my [second] husband, Chris [Judd], at the time. Because I was married, it removed that element.

RD: The romantic element?

JL: There was no illusion that Ben and I were going to go anywhere, so we just became friends. I'm a very faithful person. If somebody had told me, "Ben's attracted to you," I would have said, "No. I wasn't raised that way."

RD: To be unfaithful to your husband, you mean?

JL: Yes. Chris and I were having problems, but that's one thing Ben and I never talked about. I felt it was too private and sacred -- to talk about that with another man wouldn't have been cool. So we talked about past relationships and his old girlfriends and crazy things he did and silly things I did. After the movie, we kept in touch. Then I told Ben I couldn't talk to him, because by then Chris and I were separated and I didn't want anything to be misconstrued. He respected it and never called me. Then I called him.

RD: He must respect the fact that you weren't open to him in a romantic way until you separated from Chris.

JL: It made a huge difference. He knew that if he was ever involved with me, I would never do it to him.

I've read other actors frame these kinds of relationships where they met someone on a set while involved with someone else as acknowledging there was an attraction but insisting nothing happened. I always remembered JLo's response because I can't offhand remember another celebrity dismissing that aspect so strongly. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I guess Ben didn’t really understand her “just friends” speech then, considering he showed up to the opening of her restaurant with red roses for her.  It really surprised Cris.

• Mind Blown 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've read other actors frame these kinds of relationships where they met someone on a set while involved with someone else as acknowledging there was an attraction but insisting nothing happened. I always remembered JLo's response because I can't offhand remember another celebrity dismissing that aspect so strongly. 

Yeah. No one is going to admit that they started messing around with their new lover while still married or involved with their previous lover. It’s just not a good look, see Eddie Cibrian and LeAnne Rimes who got busted red-handed cheating on their spouses. Though I do think for them more people were shocked that sweet innocent LeAnne Rimes, who was a teen superstar, could turn “hot” Eddie Cibrian’s head 😂and that she actually had  a cheating bone in her body, rather than being outraged by their infidelity. 

But I digress, I think it was Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie who claimed they didn’t act on their feelings until he left Jennifer. 😏 Take from that what you will. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Taking flowers to celebrate an event like that isn't a sign that he's obviously trying to get in her pants.  It's something a friend might do.  Roses are OTT, but opening a restaurant is a big deal, and giving her flowers at the event isn't strange.  But... some guys can deal with a male friend of their spouse bringing them flowers and some can't, so not something I would do.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Enero said:

But I digress, I think it was Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie who claimed they didn’t act on their feelings until he left Jennifer. 😏 Take from that what you will. 😂

Yes they absolutely did and I still don't believe it.  Frankly the accusations being made about JLo could also be made about Jennifer Garner.  And I think they have been and were denied. 

But Garner announced her split with Foley in Mar-03, her reps announced she was dating Vartan by Aug-2003.  And in 2004 she both broke up with Vartan and had her divorce to Foley finalized and went public with her/Affleck relationship. And Daredevil was being filmedwhile she was with Foley and Affleck was with JLo.

There is no reason to assume that JLo or Garner was any less or more at fault in their relationships ending than the other.

But if passage of time is factored in.  I think Garner has her head on straight and her priorities right now that she's out of the relationship with Affleck.  I worry that JLo is chasing a do over or something but hope that things work out for her. 

But I don't like Affleck much.  I'm not particularly convinced that his boozing, gambling, or cheating is behind him.  And I did not like that interview he did last year on Stern that he had to attempt to, badly, clean up on Kimmel.  And he has done a few interviews while "happy" with Garner that made me think he's a narrcisist who views his relationships in terms of how it helps his career and ego. In one he was directly equating JLo with his career slump and Garner with a career resurrgence. 

I think he and JLo are probably ok until there is another box office or critical bomb he can blame JLo for because its his relationship's fault.  Then he'll start acting out until his partner ends it.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

I don’t know any of them, of course, but I find J Lo to be a user.  Anytime I read or see an interview of hers, I find myself rolling my eyes.  I’m a little amazed at all the comments about how he’s the one guaranteed to mess up the relationship.  She’s the one on marriage number 4, though apparently she doesn’t really count the first two (one of whom she married right after the fallout from the nightclub shooting and then raced to Oprah to say she really only likes to stay home and knit - like I said 🙄).

Frankly, my concern is that he is finally back to making decent movies and she’s going to want to be in them because I don’t think she’s a good actress.  Otherwise, I just hope they can make it work for all the kids involved.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
21 hours ago, ouinason said:

Taking flowers to celebrate an event like that isn't a sign that he's obviously trying to get in her pants.  It's something a friend might do.

Technically, sure. But it didn't help that the flowers incident came on the heels of the very over the top ad he took out in Variety I believe, to gush about how oh so amazing and talented and special she was. Yes, it was in response to her being awarded some Hollywood Breakout Award, but at that point, Ben had only worked with and known J Lo for a few months. It was a bit much. 

And then the flowers incident happened. The problem wasn't sending congratulatory flowers. He could have had them sent to her home privately where many would be none the wiser. In fact rumor is he did send her congratulatory flowers when she was nominated for the SAG for Hustlers.

It was having it delivered to her as she was on the red carpet, posing with her then husband, as he looked on, immediately attracting the press' attention. Who all then of course rushed to ask Ben to join the shot because Ben was at the time still riding his breakout success and so he was if not full A-List, pretty damn famous.

And so there's this man, Chris Judd, a backup dancer who likely was used to hearing jokes about his much more famous wife who many probably figured he wasn't good enough for, having this famous, attractive actor bringing her flowers and coming to pose with them, all but literally and figuratively shoving him out of the picture.

Chris Judd publicly spoke about the incident once, when he appeared on that hideous reality show "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here." Melissa Rivers who was also on the show that season asked him about it and he admitted that he did feel uncomfortable and embarrassed in the moment. And that when they got home that night he asked Jennifer point blank if there was something going on between her and Ben but she insisted that he was just her friend. 

20 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Yes they absolutely did and I still don't believe it.  Frankly the accusations being made about JLo could also be made about Jennifer Garner.  And I think they have been and were denied. 

But Garner announced her split with Foley in Mar-03, her reps announced she was dating Vartan by Aug-2003.  And in 2004 she both broke up with Vartan and had her divorce to Foley finalized and went public with her/Affleck relationship. And Daredevil was being filmedwhile she was with Foley and Affleck was with JLo.

All of this. My favorite part of all of this was when Michael Vartan, once in an interview, sarcastically talked about his girlfriend going to film a movie and finding the locks changed when he came to visit her. Because the consensus, well out of Jennifer Garner's own mouth, was that things with Ben became romantic when she filmed Elektra. 

They'd met first filming Pearl Harbor actually and later co-starred as love interests in Daredevil. But both of these times Ben was first with Gwyneth Paltrow and later J Lo. Then he filmed a cameo for Elektra, since it was a spinoff of Daredevil, and by that point things with him and J Lo had spectacularly crashed and burned. 

So I don't believe he cheated with Jennifer Garner on  J Lo but I do think Garner cheated on Scott Foley with Michael Vartan and later on Vartan with Ben. But it's always interesting who the general public chooses to "saintify" and conveniently forget certain facts about versus those who are perpetually put in the "devil" box.

Also, some would find it fascinating to read what some die-hard Alias fans think about Garner, since the consensus was that once she got with Ben, she worked behind the scenes to reduce Michael Vartan's role on the show, pushing the Sydney/Will pairing, which was, interestingly, played by a then fairly unknown Bradley Cooper. She and Bradley are still good friends though, for whatever that's worth. 

This is why I've always said when the finger pointing at this one and that one starts about certain stars that Hollywood is plenty dirty, where even the seemingly sweetest or nicest celebrities have their own dirt. I'm not saying that makes them a bad person, just noting that it is interesting how some can get away with said dirt, seemingly unscathed, if they construct a "sweet" and "normal" enough appearance. 

As for Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's denial of ever cheating, I think it's also worth noting that emotional cheating is a very real thing. And so, some people do play semantics with the not cheating by equating it solely to having sex with someone other than their spouse.

But in my opinion, if you're regularly flirting, developing an emotional bond with another person that you're admittedly attracted to, then yeah that's emotional cheating. And Brad and Angelina both told on themselves multiple times throughout the years in that respect. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Maybe J-Fleck just doesn't care if her husbands cheat. 

I've known women who turn a blind eye because either they don't subscribe to the "faithful" part themselves, or there are too many positives in the relationship to ditch it all because her guy likes a little strange on the side. 

For some, monogamy is a constricting, outdated and unnatural state. As long as the partner doesn't bring home anything nasty and keeps it's discrete, no big deal.    

It wouldn't work for me, but if it works for other people, it's not really my place to criticize what consenting adults choose to do.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I think it's also worth noting that emotional cheating is a very real thing. And so, some people do play semantics with the not cheating by equating solely to having sex with someone other than their spouse.

But in my opinion, if you're regularly flirting, developing an emotional bond with another person that you're admittedly attracted to, then yeah that's emotional cheating. 

Well said. I'm sure there's plenty of physical cheating as well but keeping your options open and developing a bond (outside of actual friendship or the characters you're portraying) is still not respecting your established relationship. I do think marriage and dating are a little different. Because their relationships are so highly publicized, I don't know that celebrities are allowed to casually date or have overlapping potential prospects. Of course, it's different if say, you're living with someone for five years and then you cheat. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Enero said:

I thought Shiloh's birthdate contradicted that. Or maybe it was they didn't get involved till after the divorce was final and Shiloh's birthdate contradicted that.

4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

So I don't believe he cheated with Jennifer Garner on  J Lo but I do think Garner cheated on Scott Foley with Michael Vartan and later on Vartan with Ben.

That is how I remember it.

4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

But it's always interesting who the general public chooses to "saintify" and conveniently forget certain facts about versus those who are perpetually put in the "devil" box.

I wasn't born yet but I remember hearing the story about after Elizabeth Taylor lost her husband Mike Todd in a plane crash her friend Debbie Reynold's husband Eddie Fisher left Debbie for Liz.  Liz famously said "what am I supposed to do? Sleep alone?"

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I thought Shiloh's birthdate contradicted that. Or maybe it was they didn't get involved till after the divorce was final and Shiloh's birthdate contradicted that.

It was being involved after the divorce was final. And it was the court records showing when Brad and Angelina filed to legally have him adopt Maddox and Zahara that contradicted it. I believe the papers were filed 3 or 4 months after his and Jennifer Aniston's separation announcement.

And yes, when publicly he and Angelina were still not even confirming they were in a relationship. I do remember all the entertainment show jokes when Angelina confirmed her pregnancy of Shiloh and the hosts were all sarcastically, "but wait, aren't they just friends?" 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I do remember all the entertainment show jokes when Angelina confirmed her pregnancy of Shiloh and the hosts were all sarcastically, "but wait, aren't they just friends?" 

🎵 You, you got what I need, but you say he's just a friend.
      But you say he's just a friend. . .

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

I wasn't born yet but I remember hearing the story about after Elizabeth Taylor lost her husband Mike Todd in a plane crash her friend Debbie Reynold's husband Eddie Fisher left Debbie for Liz.  Liz famously said "what am I supposed to do? Sleep alone?"

Years later Debbie and Liz ended up by chance on the same cruise ship.  Everyone was holding their breath thinking there was going to be a big cat fight.  But Liz apologized profusely to Debbie for stealing Eddie and was appalled by her own behavior back then.  The two of them ended up spending a lot of time hanging out on the ship together, laughing and gossiping.  Other passengers asked Debbie how she could even look at Liz after what she'd done with Eddie.  Debbie said she told them that was a long time ago and they needed to get over it because she had.

• Like 7
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Well said. I'm sure there's plenty of physical cheating as well but keeping your options open and developing a bond (outside of actual friendship or the characters you're portraying) is still not respecting your established relationship. I do think marriage and dating are a little different. Because their relationships are so highly publicized, I don't know that celebrities are allowed to casually date or have overlapping potential prospects. Of course, it's different if say, you're living with someone for five years and then you cheat. 

If (straight) women develop bonds and close friendships with other women while married, is that ok? Women can have male friends whom they are close to and not involved with, just as they can with women. 

3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

It was being involved after the divorce was final. And it was the court records showing when Brad and Angelina filed to legally have him adopt Maddox and Zahara that contradicted it. I believe the papers were filed 3 or 4 months after his and Jennifer Aniston's separation announcement.

And yes, when publicly he and Angelina were still not even confirming they were in a relationship. I do remember all the entertainment show jokes when Angelina confirmed her pregnancy of Shiloh and the hosts were all sarcastically, "but wait, aren't they just friends?" 

I do hate when people blame “the other woman” for “breaking up” a man’s marriage. HE is the only one who took vows to be faithful to his spouse. It’s on HIM, not the “other woman.”

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I kind of look at it as, Liz did Debbie a favor. Who wants to be married to a cheater? I don't believe in the whole "stealing your man" mentality because that man had a choice and the choice he made was to screw someone else so... good riddance. I mean, in the moment it is heartbreaking, but after the passage of time, it is easier to see that if it hadn't been Liz it could have been someone else. 

THIS. Thank you.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Angeltoes said:

Years later Debbie and Liz ended up by chance on the same cruise ship.  Everyone was holding their breath thinking there was going to be a big cat fight.  But Liz apologized profusely to Debbie for stealing Eddie and was appalled by her own behavior back then.  The two of them ended up spending a lot of time hanging out on the ship together, laughing and gossiping.  Other passengers asked Debbie how she could even look at Liz after what she'd done with Eddie.  Debbie said she told them that was a long time ago and they needed to get over it because she had.

Debbie Fisher was a class act. She made a point of reaching out to Connie Stevens to essentially raise their kids together after their respective divorces from Eddie Fisher.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14

If (straight) women develop bonds and close friendships with other women while married, is that ok? Women can have male friends whom they are close to and not involved with, just as they can with women. 

You did read this part, right?

developing a bond (outside of actual friendship or the characters you're portraying)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

🎵 You, you got what I need, but you say he's just a friend.
      But you say he's just a friend. . .

And now that song's in my head, thanks :p. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

Debbie Fisher was a class act. She made a point of reaching out to Connie Stevens to essentially raise their kids together after their respective divorces from Eddie Fisher.

Joely Fisher (Connie's daughter) called Debbie "Mama Deb" and Joely and her sister were both in Carrie's hospital room with her when she died.  The two families lived next door to each other for seven years.  (Eddie visited a grand total of once.  He was such an awful father.  Carrie Fisher said of Elizabeth Taylor - with whom she became very close later, despite having virtually no relationship with her when Taylor was her stepmother - “The best thing she did for me was to get Eddie Fisher out of our house.")

• Like 1
  • Useful 9
  • Love 11

I don't believe in the whole "stealing your man" mentality because that man had a choice and the choice he made was to screw someone else so... good riddance.

You can't 'steal' someone unless they want to be stolen.

This week's AGT featured a girl group singing their original song Jolene, You Can Have That Man. Which basically said, yeah you can have him, he sucks.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I do hate when people blame “the other woman” for “breaking up” a man’s marriage. HE is the only one who took vows to be faithful to his spouse. It’s on HIM, not the “other woman.”

Or the other woman stole a man from his wife. You can't steal a person he chose to cheat.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I don't believe in the whole "stealing your man" mentality because that man had a choice and the choice he made was to screw someone else so... good riddance.

You can't 'steal' someone unless they want to be stolen.

But Debbie had every right to feel betrayed that her best friend slept with her husband.  Yes, Eddie was the one who chose to cheat and disrespect his vows, but Elizabeth also betrayed her friend and deserved to be held accountable, even if it ended up being a blessing in disguise.

• Like 2
  • Love 18

Yeah, it is always more reprehensible to cheat on your spouse than to knowingly be the person someone cheats on their spouse with, and usually far more reprehensible, but in the Taylor/Fisher/Reynolds scenario, Taylor and Reynolds had a longstanding close friendship that Taylor betrayed.  I think it's great they were able to later reconcile and remain friends for the rest of Taylor's life, but that was shady as shit.  Poor Reynolds; the affair was a fairly open secret in their circle, but no one clued her in, so she was extra humiliated looking back on interactions once she found out.

I do love how she handled it once she did find out.  She called Taylor in her hotel room to chat, lonely because Fisher was also out of town, and he answered the phone.  She heard Taylor ask him who it was, and yelled at him, "Roll over, darling, and let me speak to Elizabeth."

She rightly didn't blame Taylor for Fisher leaving her.  Angry and hurt that she slept with her husband, yes, but not putting him filing for divorce on her: “A man doesn’t leave a woman for another woman unless he wants to go.”

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

But Debbie had every right to feel betrayed that her best friend slept with her husband.  Yes, Eddie was the one who chose to cheat and disrespect his vows, but Elizabeth also betrayed her friend and deserved to be held accountable, even if it ended up being a blessing in disguise.

Mr. Fisher was the adulterer in that union while Miss Taylor was the co-adulterer in the same way if a business partner hired someone to help destroy the business out of spite and/or indifference to the other business partner.

IOW, Mr. Fisher was by far the guiltier party but since Miss Taylor knew the Fishers were married to each other she  was by no means an innocent party.

HOWEVER, all the above said, not only are all the parties in question now deceased but Miss Reynolds herself and Miss Taylor later resumed their own friendship  for the rest of their lives realizing that Mr. Fisher  ultimately was no loss to either of them.

• Wink 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Elizabeth Taylor's last movie role was an early 2001 TV movie written by Carrie Fisher that aired on ABC titled "These Old Broads". It starred Debbie Reynolds, as well as Shirley MacLaine, Joan Collins, and Elizabeth Taylor. There were cameos by other older actresses and actors too. It's included with Prime on Amazon and if you search it can be found for free in a few other places like Cackle or the Internet Archive (this version says it's the extended VHS one).

Edited by Jaded
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Zach Wilson is not going to win the MVP award this year. [...] Over the last seven days, Wilson has seen an astonishing 31.7 percent of all MVP bets placed on him! That’s far and away the most of any player. [...] NFL fans, and especially Jets fans, have suddenly taken a liking to their franchise quarterback. The man who was once more well-known for his mom’s good looks and questionable social media choices is now known for “having that dawg in him” after news came out that Wilson allegedly cheated on his ex-girlfriend with his mom’s best friend. People were so enamored with this news that, after discovering who the “best friend” was in question, her Instagram comments and DMs were flooded with Jets fans calling their quarterback the GOAT. 

https://deadspin.com/unsurprisingly-bettors-are-loving-zach-wilson-s-mvp-od-1849174984

Speaking of cheating, I still don't get people who like sports.... but for a different reason now.

Cyndi Lauper’s hip-hop son was nabbed with a stolen Mercedes after he double-parked it to attend a memorial service for a 14-year-old aspiring rapper fatally stabbed in the subway, cops said Sunday.

Declyn “Dex” Lauper, 24, was with the 2014 Mercedes Benz — which had been stolen in 2020 from the Bronx — when cops arrested him around 1:40 a.m. Thursday at West 140th Street and Broadway in Hamilton Heights, police said.

The Benz had Pennsylvania plates that came back to a Chrysler, cops said.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/17/declyn-lauper-was-at-memorial-for-ethan-reyes-when-arrested/

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, aradia22 said:

How long had Mr. Lauper been driving this hot vehicle?  Did he buy it from a currently unnamed thief or was he was the one who'd actually stolen it? How could he have not known that the plates weren't for that actual car?  IF he'd actually either stolen the car or knowingly purchased a hot vehicle, why did he chance getting arrested for double parking (in Manhattan!- which is almost considered almost as bad as parking in front of a fire hydrant elsewhere)? Unless there is a big frame up or railroading involved here, I find it very hard to believe that he didn't know he was committing at least one serious crime AND was virtually putting a 'kick me' sign on via the double parking! Then, there's the question of why the late Mr. Reyes's service was at such an hour but that's far less serious than the rest of this. I also feel sorry for the person who got blocked by the double-parked vehicle and possibly the other vehicles in the area which may have gotten stuck in a resulting gridlock (especially since Manhattan's streets are one giant slow-moving grid even in the best of times).

No doubt that this is a rather upsetting turn of events for Miss Lauper and her spouse/co-parent Mr. Thornton and (unless it turns out that they had had inside knowledge of how their son obtained the car,etc. ), I feel sorry that they have to go through this.

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Britney.  Please, honey.  Where is her husband?

Taking them, maybe? Either way, she just got out of a conservatorship.  She doesn't need a husband to control her. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

Didn't 61-year-old Christopher Meloni go nude for a Peloton ad just a week or two ago? Why is what Britney's doing any more scandalous?

Oh, wait...

I'm not a nudist or exhibitionist and I have no idea what the state of Britney's mental health is (nor does anyone but her doctors). It's not something I would do, but it feels silly to pretend we don't know what her body looks like or that this is somehow a sign of crisis because it's not a "tasteful" professional photoshoot or a paid commercial. Same for Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, various models, and others who have posed nude or nearly nude on a regular basis.

If this was a teenage girl, I'd understand pleading with her to think of her future, but that ship has sailed...

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11