Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

On 7/14/2022 at 2:46 PM, Dani said:

It’s also not wishful thinking that a car can go 10 more miles. It’s by design because car companies realized it is beneficial for their reputation to make people believe they are out of gas before they are. 

Out of curiousity is that something you know for cetain or is it generally held assumption regarding the reason there would be the cushion.

I ask because there was one time I ran out of gas.  I had 9 miles left and a gas station 2 miles away.  What I learned is 9 miles isn't 9 miiles on a hill.  It stalled going down the hill and restarted at the bottom when the car was flat again.

So I would have guessed that the extra would have been to cover zero at all inclines a driver could theoretically be driving on.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

I used to be 'let it go until the gas light comes on', and only ran out of gas once in about 20 years. The cushion varies by car. But I've been sticking to the half a tank since I've had a better car. I also learned to drive in NJ where self service is illegal and didn't know how to put gas in a car until I was 27 and working in another state.

Apparently Christopher Meloni is now doing naked ads.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I used to be 'let it go until the gas light comes on', and only ran out of gas once in about 20 years. The cushion varies by car. But I've been sticking to the half a tank since I've had a better car. I also learned to drive in NJ where self service is illegal and didn't know how to put gas in a car until I was 27 and working in another state.

Apparently Christopher Meloni is now doing naked ads.

Way to bury the lead!!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

He did a lot of nudity in his HBO series Oz as well. So did Luke Perry (90210 fame). 

I didn't need to see any of that even fuzzed out..TMI. Yuk!

• Wink 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ok, that is one of THE best commercials I've seen in a long time.  And face it, Peloton needs good PR these days from the original ads where they seemingly exercise-shamed the mom, to killing Mr. Big. 

Meloni is 61 and incredibly jacked.  He looks good, and the tag lines on the ad were funny, harkening back to his L&O days. I watched it several times, so I'll give it a 9/10.

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

As long as there is nothing illegal, violent or abusive going on, to each one's own re what one wears (or doesn't wear) in the privacy of their home. However, IMO, it would have been better to have just shown Mr. Meloni from the neck up and the the knees down while he extolled his (compensated) love of exercising in the altogether on that particular brand of equipment.

I suppose via only getting his socks dirty, he doesn't have to wash his gym clothes as often as others but let's hope he uses a great deal of sports spray on the sponsor's equipment. Otherwise, the room could very rank in no time flat.

(edited)
On 7/14/2022 at 3:11 AM, GaT said:

No, it's about stupidity, I have NEVER heard of someone running out of gas driving down the highway. And them having to have the cops come to rescue them.

It didn't happen on a highway, but years ago I was driving to work on a busy industrial road and ran out of gas. I managed to pull into a driveway, got out of my car and flagged down a passing police car. The cop was able to drive me to a nearby gas station, and I bought enough gas in a can to put in my car when the cop drove me back to where my car was. So those things do happen. Glad to see that Britney is no worse for wear, but she might want to become more schooled in the workings of a motor vehicle - or maybe just hire a driver.

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • Love 5

You know what they say: "4th times the charm!"

The original Bennifer has finally been realized.  I wonder if Saturday Night Live is going to re-visit Ben's hosting gig when they were together, and he brought out the t-shirts with their combined names, with "Bennifer" the clear winner. 

I'm happy for those crazy kids!

• Love 4

Get ready to feel old. Bruce Springsteen is a grandfather.

Patti Scialfa, Springsteen's wife and bandmate, showed off Lily Harper Springsteen, the daughter of their youngest son, Sam, on Instagram Friday.

“Walking the baby_ Lily Harper Springsteen,” Scialfa wrote with a flower emoji under a black-and-white picture of the new parents pushing a baby carriage. Scialfa also shared a picture of the newborn wearing pink hospital mitts.

Sam is the one who's a firefighter.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 7/15/2022 at 9:35 PM, Mindthinkr said:

He did a lot of nudity in his HBO series Oz as well. So did Luke Perry (90210 fame). 

Do yo I know if Meloni’s nude scenes in Oz were authentic or with a prosthetic.  I’m asking for a friend.  Lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Yeah Bruce is 72.  I'd figured he was long ago a grandfather.  

Bruce didn't start having kids until later in life.  His oldest was born in 1990 when he was 40.  His kids didn't start reproducing at early ages, either.  His older two are in their 30's and don't have kids.  Sam, the youngest, is 28.

Edited by Notabug
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

Here's a timeline of "Bennifer."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/09/entertainment/ben-affleck-jennifer-lopez-timeline-trnd/index.html

I hadn't realized how quickly she got together with Marc Anthony. Looking back, that was a classic rebound relationship. 

I do worry about Ben staying on the wagon though. He's suffered from alcoholism throughout his life, and that's the sort of thing that is an every day battle. Most alcoholics I've known have relapsed.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I hope the marital union of Mr. Affleck and Miss Lopez lasts- especially for their respective offspring's sake.

However, if I were in their friend circle, I'd be more inclined to gift them paper plates than wedding china. 

Call me cautiously optimistic.

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I hadn't realized how quickly she got together with Marc Anthony. Looking back, that was a classic rebound relationship. 

Absolute rebound.  She married him five months after calling off her engagement to Ben.  Ben waited 17 months to marry Jennifer Garner.  I remember at the time thinking Lopez and Anthony seemed better suited for one another.  I love Garner and I liked Ben and I thought they also seemed better suited for one another.  Of course I didn't know Ben was an alcoholic.

I wish Ben and Jen L luck because with their track records, together and apart they are going to need it.

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I wish Ben and Jen L luck because with their track records, together and apart they are going to need it.

I wish them luck, because happy people/couples garner far less press.  I'm all for less press where they are concerned. 😏

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I wish them luck, because happy people/couples garner far less press.  I'm all for less press where they are concerned. 😏

The reason they allegedly broke up the first time was because Ben didn't like all the media coverage.  And that was before social media.  Wonder how he is going to like it now.  Especially with his wife using social media.  I don't think the public is as interested in them as they were 20 years ago but that doesn't mean JLo isn't going to want the same amount of interest.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Blergh said:

I hope the marital union of Mr. Affleck and Miss Lopez lasts- especially for their respective offspring's sake.

However, if I were in their friend circle, I'd be more inclined to gift them paper plates than wedding china. 

Call me cautiously optimistic.

We gave my cousin Chinette as a gag gift at her first wedding.  We were told she liked to throw things at him.  She ended up doing just that on her wedding day.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 3

I am not a Ben Affleck fan and can take or leave Jennifer Lopez. I want them to do well because it seems as if a large chunk of people want them to do so poorly. I am contrary like that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

The reason they allegedly broke up the first time was because Ben didn't like all the media coverage.  And that was before social media.  Wonder how he is going to like it now.  Especially with his wife using social media.  I don't think the public is as interested in them as they were 20 years ago but that doesn't mean JLo isn't going to want the same amount of interest.

I know that's one of the narratives out there as the reason for the breakup. However, I find that difficult to believe. I'm betting there was more to the breakup than just the media attention. That said, Jennifer did an interview with Oprah either right before or after her breakup with Ben, and talked about how they allowed the media into every aspect of their lives because they thought they could control the narrative and that the media wouldn't be so relentless. She said she learned from that experience that the media is insatiable, that no matter how much you reveal about your life they always want more. She said she learned from that experience and would never do it again. 

Though she's on SM and sometimes uses it to post pictures about her personal life, my understanding is she mostly uses it to post things about her career. So I think she is way more low key with her personal life than what it was like when she first dated Ben. 

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

This world has a serious mental health problem.  No, I don't have the answer, but I certainly hope that someone will find one soon.

comedian-jak-knights-cause-of-death-aged-28-ruled-as-suicide

Lately it seems like I've seen more stories than before about young successful entertainers (and even a few individuals who are not in entertainment) choosing suicide. It's very sad.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Enigma X said:

I am not a Ben Affleck fan and can take or leave Jennifer Lopez. I want them to do well because it seems as if a large chunk of people want them to do so poorly. I am contrary like that.

I personally don’t care either way. They’re married, they’re divorced, whatever. Clearly neither has taken the “for better or worse, til death do us part” vows seriously with others, so odds aren’t great this time. They didn’t need to get married to have a serious relationship.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Clearly neither has taken the “for better or worse, til death do us part” vows seriously 

I sincerely hope no one who is better off divorced than to stay in a marriage ever does. 

• Like 2
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

I sincerely hope no one who is better off divorced than to stay in a marriage ever does. 

Agree, but that’s why I’ve never taken such vows. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Law & Order: Organized Crime crew member shot and killed on set.

More information (although still not a lot, as it's early in the investigation):

A crew member on the NBC series told Deadline that he saw a man with “something under his shirt” running away from the scene. Also, it appears that the vehicle the victim — a 31-year-old parking-enforcement worker — was sitting in when he was shot multiple times had an orange parking cone on its roof at the time.

It appears that there was no security or NYPD officers from the department’s Movie and TV unit on the scene at the time of the killing, which happened at 5:15 a.m. local time.

“It is unclear right now if this was an established set or not, or whether the victim was close to where filming was supposed to occur,” a law enforcement source told Deadline. We do know that the NYPD was at the scene of the shooting soon after it happened. However, their presence was in response to a 911 call.

Very soon after police and others arrived, the victim was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead around 6 a.m. ET. No arrest has been made.

The shooting happened was near the vast soundstages of Broadway Stages in Brooklyn, it appears. That could mean that the there was no external filming on the Christopher Meloni-led show, and the victim was out on the street basically alone.

• Sad 10
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Agree, but that’s why I’ve never taken such vows. 

Plenty of people who get married also never take such vows. Just like how many leave out the obey portion or ditch the traditional vows all together. 

6 hours ago, Enigma X said:

I want them to do well because it seems as if a large chunk of people want them to do so poorly. I am contrary like that.

Same.  I root for the underdog too, just so they have somebody in their corner!  *LOL*

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, Enero said:

I know that's one of the narratives out there as the reason for the breakup. However, I find that difficult to believe. I'm betting there was more to the breakup than just the media attention.

There was - it was called Ben being a cheating, alcoholic, gambling mess. The "media intrusion" was a big part of the narrative his camp helped push after the split, to sell the narrative that he was just this "normal Boston boy" who hated media attention and only wanted a "normal life" and J Lo's glamorous, over the top Hollywood lifestyle wasn't appealing to him. 

And some of the public ate it all up once he married Jennifer Garner, who was happy to take a backseat in her career and play up the happy, "normal, suburban" family life, complete with family trips to church.

Of course the happy family image was exposed as bullshit for the last years of their marriage where it was pretty much a known fact that Ben was a functioning alcoholic for years. Kind of one of the major reasons said marriage ended. Well that and the rumored diddling of the nanny. 

Just to be clear, I don't dislike Ben Affleck and in fact, once upon a time, back in the Good Will Hunting days, I was a huge fan. And even today, I think he's an amazing writer and director and was totally robbed for Best Director for Argo. 

However, I just hate the revisionist history, recency bias where the "Ben hated the media and media intrusion broke them up" narrative is pushed. Bottom line is Ben was just as all in with the famewhoring during his and J Lo's first go-round.

What happened is that one, the media quickly turned on them, especially after Gigli BOMBED and he couldn't handle the backlash. And in typical douchebag behavior, shifted blame onto her and started to resent her. And two, there was also the rumored cheating and being around strippers and gambling on what was supposed to be their wedding weekend.

Ben did J Lo DIRTY and she had every right to drag his raggedy ass if she wanted. But say what you will about her, she never does messy breakups and in fact, often stays friendly with her exes. At least initially. So she never publicly shamed him for how everything went down, making it easy for this "press intrusion" narrative to run for years.

All that said, that is exactly why I was not here for this reunion because like damn, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. But that said, I was also not surprised it happened because to anyone paying attention, it was clear that J Lo, despite all the mess this fool did to her, never fully got over Ben. He was the definition of her "one that got away." 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

I was also not surprised it happened because to anyone paying attention, it was clear that J Lo, despite all the mess this fool did to her, never fully got over Ben. He was the definition of her "one that got away." 

Is the "Sadie" in her Instagram caption a reference to Funny Girl? Because Fanny Brice and Nicky Arnstein are probably not the couple you want to reference. 

3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

All that said, that is exactly why I was not here for this reunion because like damn, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. But that said, I was also not surprised it happened because to anyone paying attention, it was clear that J Lo, despite all the mess this fool did to her, never fully got over Ben. He was the definition of her "one that got away."

Yep.  But as much I respect Jennifer's professional accomplishments, she's an absolute fool in love.  It's not just Ben.  It's rumored Marc Anthony cheated on her.  And the whole A-Rod mess wasn't that long ago.  I saw some bets being on them not lasting over a year but I disagree.  She has put up with a lot from exes before and because she sees him as the one who got away, she'd likely put up with a lot from him again should he start behaving badly before she'd call it quits.

All that said, I appreciate their low key wedding. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I see what you did there 😉

• LOL 9

Maybe J-Fleck just doesn't care if her husbands cheat. 

I've known women who turn a blind eye because either they don't subscribe to the "faithful" part themselves, or there are too many positives in the relationship to ditch it all because her guy likes a little strange on the side. 

For some, monogamy is a constricting, outdated and unnatural state. As long as the partner doesn't bring home anything nasty and keeps it's discrete, no big deal.    

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3