Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm certainly not rooting against them, lol.  They are a lot different than they were in the 2000s when I couldn't escape them and for that I am thankful.  I kept dreading some form of Gigli part 2 and it never came so good for them.  Do whatever you want.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, PepSinger said:

No, I’m rooting for them, too. Sometimes, timing is everything. They both have the children they wanted, and their lives happened to come together again. I think it’s nice; sometimes second chances do happen. Congrats to them. I don’t think anyone has a justifiable reason to root against them, IMO.

I wish them well, just don’t want another video of him kissing her butt. 

24 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm certainly not rooting against them, lol.  They are a lot different than they were in the 2000s when I couldn't escape them and for that I am thankful.  I kept dreading some form of Gigli part 2 and it never came so good for them.  Do whatever you want.  

Yes lol! Neither is evil but can be annoying in a Kardashian type of way with being inescapable. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I wish them well, just don’t want another video of him kissing her butt. 

Yes lol! Neither is evil but can be annoying in a Kardashian type of way with being inescapable. 

Yeah.  Neither are my favorite.  I wish nothing bad their way.  I do think some people are not cut out for marriage.  It might be a good idea to accept that, especially when you both have kids. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Finally this weekend is the big Beckham-Peltz wedding. Perhaps dailymail will be readable once again in a few days as they have been kinda overboard with coverage. Never much cared for David or Victoria and they both strike me as pretentious, unlikable people. 

• Useful 3

I’ve had a soft spot for David because I remember a Today show interview when he first came to the US.  They had lots of young kids practicing and wanted to interview him about the growth of US soccer, but he kept interrupting the interview to coach a kid.  He was really sweet with the kids and clearly was throwing off the reporters.  When he told them to get back in line and try again, they were flummoxed.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Pickles Aplenty said:

I can't help but wonder how Jennifer Garner feels about the engagement, because I'm a petty bitch.

Considering he seemed to blame her for his alcoholism she’s probably thinking been there done that and I’m happy I’m free of it. 

After the drama and humiliation (especially to JLO) of the previous engagement I’m surprised they didn’t just go ahead and marry, quietly. Then do the big celebrity  wedding later, but I guess they wanted to go through the engagement process again and go from there. Though Ben appears to be doing better, he does seem to have demons in the form of substance abuse issues and a revolving door of women, and Jennifer seems to be in love with being in love. Neither seems like marriage material to me. But hey, it’s their lives. Hopefully they find the happiness and longevity they seek together. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
(edited)
3 hours ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

Finally this weekend is the big Beckham-Peltz wedding. Perhaps dailymail will be readable once again in a few days as they have been kinda overboard with coverage. Never much cared for David or Victoria and they both strike me as pretentious, unlikable people. 

I had a friend who had season Kings tickets, they were right behind the Beckhams, she said they were always super nice and polite and the kids were always sweet and well behaved.

Edited by cpcathy
  • Useful 4
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

especially since she has a 7 year-old child.  

My understanding is her daughter primarily lives with her dad, former world champion boxer Wladimir Klitschko. In fact, I'm not sure Hayden has ever had custody of her after they separated. Granted, Klitschko is Ukrainian and currently serving in the country's defense. I saw something where he vaguely said his daughter is not in the country right now because of the security situation, but I don't know that that means she is living with her mom either. Hayden used to go to Ukraine to visit them. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, merylinkid said:

For that kind of assault, he gets probation.

I don't even think you'd get to probation. You'd have a scenario where charges are filed, the news makes a big stink about that, and then Will Smith's lawyers and the prosecutors hammer out a deal behind the scenes where Smith shows he's "learned his lesson" in exchange for the charges getting dropped. The worst would likely be a conditional discharge where Smith agrees to do something like community service- which could be nothing more than filming an anti-violence PSA- or at most attend an anger management class, which, upon completion, his record is wiped and the charges are dropped.

What helps Smith in this case is that, while what he did was serious, it's arguable what he did was simply "in the heat of the moment" and was, thus, extraordinarily out of character. Granted, I don't know Smith personally but I've never heard of him being an especially violent or even an incredibly angry guy. Super passionate, maybe. Intense...probably...but not violent. When Smith says he acted out of line and promises to be better, I would be believe him. He's just now got to go out there and get it done.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

I don't even think you'd get to probation. You'd have a scenario where charges are filed, the news makes a big stink about that, and then Will Smith's lawyers and the prosecutors hammer out a deal behind the scenes where Smith shows he's "learned his lesson" in exchange for the charges getting dropped. The worst would likely be a conditional discharge where Smith agrees to do something like community service- which could be nothing more than filming an anti-violence PSA- or at most attend an anger management class, which, upon completion, his record is wiped and the charges are dropped.

What helps Smith in this case is that, while what he did was serious, it's arguable what he did was simply "in the heat of the moment" and was, thus, extraordinarily out of character. Granted, I don't know Smith personally but I've never heard of him being an especially violent or even an incredibly angry guy. Super passionate, maybe. Intense...probably...but not violent. When Smith says he acted out of line and promises to be better, I would be believe him. He's just now got to go out there and get it done.

True.  First time offenders for a minor charge often get deferral programs where they do community service, counseling, stay out of trouble, pay fees, etc. and the charge is dismissed.  That kind of thing is very common in my state.  

• Love 4

Regarding Hayden: When I read these stories about her tumultuous relationships, I remember that when she was a teen, her father attacked her mother at a charity event that Hayden was hosting. I suspect that she had a difficult home life with a lot of chaos and violence. I grew up in a home like that and as an adult, I sought out those kind of relationships becuase that was what was normal for me. Thankfully, I broke that curse and have a peaceful home with my long time husband. I wish her well.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
misspelling
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Regarding Hayden: When I read these stories about her tulmultuous relationships, I remember that when she was a teen, her father attacked her mother at a charity event that Hayden was hosting. I suspect that she had a difficult home life with a lot of chaos and violence. I grew up in a home like that and as an adult, I sought out those kind of relationships becuase that was what was normal for me. Thankfully, I broke that curse and have a peaceful home with my long time husband. I wish her well.

Now that you mention it, yes, I do remember reading something about her dad doing something violent and wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of chaos in her childhood home. I've liked Hayden ever since Heroes. (And actually I've liked Klitschko for long time too. When they got together, I felt like that meme of Leo pointing at the TV. LOL) 

I'm not really sure whatever happened between her Klitschko, but I've never personally seen either one of them be disparaging about the other one and it doesn't seem like she's ever fought the custody arrangement. I've always suspected that perhaps she recognized she was not the stable parent her daughter would need, and they seem to have come to an amicable arrangement in which she is still part of her daughter's life and is on civil terms with him but isn't the primary caretaker.

And honestly as someone who had a mother who was not a great parent and lacked any self-awareness about it, I actually think that sounds better than the alternatives of her having no contact with her kid or being the primary parent in the middle of whatever is going on with her. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, Pickles Aplenty said:

Congrats to Jen and Ben, Part Deaux.  I hope they make it this time.  I think I might be the only one rooting for them.

Nope, I'm all about Bennifer 2.0

They've both matured, had marriages, children, professional successes & failures.  They should both be at about the same place in their lives.  Plenty of money, keep the kids out of jail & rehab, keep working projects they like & have a blissful time together.  

I ship!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 4/9/2022 at 4:51 PM, Enero said:

Considering he seemed to blame her for his alcoholism she’s probably thinking been there done that and I’m happy I’m free of it. 

After the drama and humiliation (especially to JLO) of the previous engagement I’m surprised they didn’t just go ahead and marry, quietly. Then do the big celebrity  wedding later, but I guess they wanted to go through the engagement process again and go from there. Though Ben appears to be doing better, he does seem to have demons in the form of substance abuse issues and a revolving door of women, and Jennifer seems to be in love with being in love. Neither seems like marriage material to me. But hey, it’s their lives. Hopefully they find the happiness and longevity they seek together. 

Hopefully Mr. Affleck and Miss Lopez have and/or are in the process of overcoming whatever demons derailed their earlier bond and, even more importantly, that all their respective offspring will positively bond with their parent's new betrothed and the other kids. 

Of course, however Miss Garner may personally feel about her ex Mr. Affleck and his betrothed Miss Lopez, she can't entirely say 'good riddance' about him due to the three children she has with the aforementioned Mr. Affleck. 

For the kids' sakes, I hope ALL the kids' co-parents (including Miss Lopez's children's father Mr. Anthony) will keep their interests numero uno regardless of how whatever bonds between any of the above adults may or may not work out! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

True.  First time offenders for a minor charge often get deferral programs where they do community service, counseling, stay out of trouble, pay fees, etc. and the charge is dismissed.  That kind of thing is very common in my state.  

This is probably one of those cases where, if it wasn't put on display in front of millions at the Academy Awards- and if the perpetrator wasn't Will Smith- there's a high likelihood it would just get ignored by the prosecution. Stuff like that goes on all the time in a city like LA- it wouldn't be worth it to prosecute every person who had a minor moment of rage and threw a punch or a slap.

In Smith's case, if charges were brought, you would likely have a prosecutor pursuing them simply to enhance his own prestige, because then the prosecutor can say "it doesn't matter who you are- I won't go easy on you!" This would be important to establish if the prosecutor has higher ambitions like running for political office or advancing up the legal ranks, since the prosecutor who would lay the charges (as I understand) in this case would be LA's City Attorney, not their DA.

It would be purely driven by optics, done just so the LA prosecutors can say they didn't "ignore the issue". However, since the scuffle was minor, the prosecution can get away with a light sentence, especially because Smith's own lawyers would likely point out that if this wasn't Will Smith we were talking about, charges likely wouldn't come at all. So a metaphorical slap on the wrist is all he gets, just so everyone saves face.

• Love 2

In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Mark Wahlberg said he would be leaving Hollywood “sooner rather than later, probably.” The 50-year-old actor said the impact of months-long projects on his family was the reason for this hinted retirement. Wahlberg and his wife, Rhea Durham, share four children — ages 18, 16, 13, and 12 — together. “It’s gotta be something special to really bring me, you know, to leave home, to leave those guys behind,” Wahlberg explains, “because it’s the biggest sacrifice in the making for sure.” 

https://www.vulture.com/2022/04/mark-wahlberg-retirement-hollywood.html

Good. There's a paywall but the comments are not in his favor (besides one delusional one). Glad people remember the hate crime.

• Love 12

“Do you want to know what my least favorite part of ‘fame’ is? Having a bunch of hypocritical strangers on the internet trying to convince you to AGREE with them about who THEY think you are, and being mad that you won’t. I am a human being, I make mistakes and I learn from them. I will not, however, admit guilt for things I didn’t say and things that aren't true. That I will never do. I have sat around for YEARS and stayed silent while shady people ran amuck on the internet with my name in their mouth because they have no talent, no past, no future and most importantly nothing to lose. That ends today.”

https://www.out.com/celebs/2022/4/07/todrick-hall-posts-lengthy-open-letter-slams-his-critics

After watching his own documentary, I can believe he has issues paying people (on time or at all) and I don't know enough about the other allegations to comment. I do agree with the first part of his statement about the internet. Two things can be true. It's weird to harass people and claim moral superiority.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Zella said:

I've always suspected that perhaps she recognized she was not the stable parent her daughter would need, and they seem to have come to an amicable arrangement in which she is still part of her daughter's life and is on civil terms with him but isn't the primary caretaker.

She had a really rough bout of PPD after she had her daughter and that could have influenced the decisions about where her daughter would grow up. 

I'm sad she's back with this boyfriend.  She seemed to recognize it was an abusive relationship but then there were reports she wanted to be supportive of him changing.  And she seems to have completely stopped working.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

In my opinion, for me, the price of fame and being a star is not worth being put up for public scrutiny and losing my privacy. 

Same! Acting was a hobby of mine. I absolutely love the craft. I want to get back into it, but even if I did, I would never take it as seriously as some actor friends of mine. Some of them would love to trade places with Jennifer Aniston.

An acting teacher of mine has the best of both worlds. He has consistently worked in Hollywood for many years making good $ but lives a very normal life outside of it. Not going to name his name, but I doubt anyone here would recognize him if I did. However, if you are into movies and TV, you've probably seen his face at least once. 

Even if I had a shot, being a star seems like a pain. I like living life without eyes on me. I like being able to stay stupid things without the world crucifying m. Being famous back in the day seemed cool and glamorous, but that was before the internet, blogs, and paparazzi everywhere from supermarkets to gas stations. 

• Love 17

Former child star Dick Moore (who wrote a book about child stars of the Golden Age) related some words of wisdom from Walter Brennan: that being a character actor was the way to go. He got tons of work, made good money, even won an Oscar, yet he had the freedom to go and do mostly what he wanted because he wasn’t a “star.” Fans and the studios left him alone.

• Love 24

First of all, the bodice is all wrong. Why is the daughter of a billionaire wearing what looks like a Shein corset top to her own wedding? Second of all, do you see how the hem is puckered? This is custom Valentino, which you might never know if every article written about the nuptials didn’t make sure to include that fact.

Another gripe I have (I could go all day) is that the dress — particularly the train — looks wrinkled. Consider this a tip to anyone who will ever be photographed wearing nice clothes: buy a steamer. They aren’t expensive and will greatly increase the quality of your life.

Nope. I was right the first time. This is a bad dress. It looks like a sexy apron. (I will say, though, that the hair and makeup teams did an incredible job. Peltz looks great from the neck up.)

I don't think it's that bad but a minimalist dress with a lace-edged cathedral veil and lace gloves is a choice and the dress certainly looks unintentionally cheap.

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/nicola-peltzs-wedding-dress-looked-like-shit

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Pickles Aplenty said:

Aaww, good for Britney.  I hope she and Sam are happy.

IMO, more important than that, I hope she and her third offspring are healthy throughout the pregnancy through the birth,etc.  

• Love 12
11 hours ago, AgathaC said:

Former child star Dick Moore (who wrote a book about child stars of the Golden Age) related some words of wisdom from Walter Brennan: that being a character actor was the way to go. He got tons of work, made good money, even won an Oscar, yet he had the freedom to go and do mostly what he wanted because he wasn’t a “star.” Fans and the studios left him alone.

I think Misters Brennan and Moore are right - personally, I've always found character actors much more interesting than the "stars"!!!

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Blergh said:

IMO, more important than that, I hope she and her third offspring are healthy throughout the pregnancy through the birth,etc.  

For the sake of her kid, I hope she gets her shit together. Growing up with a parent with mental problems is hard (speaking from experience).

• Love 11
2 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

For the sake of her kid, I hope she gets her shit together. Growing up with a parent with mental problems is hard (speaking from experience).

Yeah.   It was custody issues with Federline that led to her meltdown that led to the conservatorship.    I think but may be misremembering but post partum depression might have been involved too.    If all that had led to me being in a conservatorship for 13 years, I would try to avoid the same situation.   Not try to prove to the rule that I can have kids if I want so there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

Very true.  I don’t think a lot of people understand how stressful and painful it can be dealing with a parent who struggles that way.  As a kid, you have to be the responsible party.  I hope she has plenty of support.  I wonder how her sons feel about it.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Not try to prove to the rule that I can have kids if I want so there.

If I was her I would have kept it under wraps.  If only to prevent the media frenzy I assume will happen. 

3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

It was custody issues with Federline that led to her meltdown that led to the conservatorship.    I think but may be misremembering but post partum depression might have been involved too. 

I also think being chased by paparazzi every day contributed to it too.  But as for Britney's mental state now we don't know anything about it.  I hope she is in a better place.  And I do hope she has genuinely supportive people in her life.  

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I had no idea David Mamet was like this. I have enjoyed his work over the years (Glengarry Glenn Ross especially) and am a fan of his daughter. This is bonkers, unhinged shit: https://www.celebitchy.com/762059/david_mamet_men_are_predators_teachers_are_inclined_to_pedophilia/

Good god, what an idiot. 

When he was on Real Time with Bill Maher, Maher asked him about how Mamet claimed, in this dumbf–k book, that “the left attempted a coup during the last presidential election.” Mamet claimed he misspoke. 

"Misspoke" is one way to put it, I guess. 

• Love 11

These days I feel that so many white men over 70 need to shut up.  Especially the famous ones.

See how that goes, Mr Mamet? You put in a qualifier, a verb that signals your opinion (even if it's stupid) and you don't sound quite so ridiculous anymore! He sounds like me in my 20s when using simplified generalizations like that felt so very radical.🙄

• Love 18
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I had no idea David Mamet was like this. I have enjoyed his work over the years (Glengarry Glenn Ross especially) and am a fan of his daughter. This is bonkers, unhinged shit: https://www.celebitchy.com/762059/david_mamet_men_are_predators_teachers_are_inclined_to_pedophilia/

So then I guess we should be looking at him suspiciously right?  I mean he is a man.  And men are so inclined right?

2 hours ago, supposebly said:

These days I feel that so many white men over 70 need to shut up.  Especially the famous ones.

This keeps happening over and over again. Just Sam Elliot a couple weeks ago.  And now Mamet.  Clearly all that being given the benefit of the doubt (or as I like to call it privilege) forever has rotted their brains

• Love 21
1 minute ago, bluegirl147 said:

So then I guess we should be looking at him suspiciously right?  I mean he is a man.  And men are so inclined right?

This keeps happening over and over again. Just Sam Elliot a couple weeks ago.  And now Mamet.  Clearly all that being given the benefit of the doubt (or as I like to call it privilege) forever has rotted their brains

It's sort of that, "Well, Uncle Herb is 74 now. He's getting dotty. Let's just humor him until he kicks the bucket."

I just can't with these idiots though. They need told to shut up and sit down. 

• Love 15

Colin Jost and Pete Davidson are part of a group of investors who bought the retiring Staten Island Ferry.  They're trying to find a place to dock it, and are working out what to do with it.  Both are from Staten Island, and Jost rode the ferry every day from his home in Staten Island to his school in Manhattan.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

It looks fine in that long shot, but up close the material definitely looks cheap and doesn't move well at all.

That is what really shocked me is how bad it looked when she was walking. Like, I know nothing about clothes, but I am pretty sure it is not supposed to look like that. 

• Love 3