Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: All Bets are Off

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How much does a college football coach make, is Coach Shah on the take, taking bribes to recruit players because Jen lives like there is no tomorrow, spouting her class and fondness for designer labels and treating her friend to a shopping spree because she deserves it, whatever the hell that means because Heather is not living on the streets, she has a (self proclaimed) successful business.  Wouldn't Coach become annoyed if every month he gets a maxed out AMEX bill?

Some football powerhouse coaches make millions, but I doubt he is at that level. 

• Love 6

Regarding Jen. I think she is a major poser. I think the house is leased for the show.  Coach Shah probably retreated to their real, more modest home, the days after her party.

Mary bring nothing. Hope she isn't back. Sick of her house.

LOL'd at Lisa driving so slow after bragging about loving race car driving.  "I love that"

I think that Lisa and Meredith both think they are above everyone else on the show.  I guess they are only on  to show their businesses and for M to showcase Brooks.

Also is Heather is such good friends with Brown Wind, it makes me think less of her. Maybe Brown Wind can move the SLC, and I won't have to see her again as I won't watch the show.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Love 8
On 1/21/2021 at 8:54 AM, Baltimore Betty said: 

And we suffered thru food shopping with brooKS marKS, Meredith with her boobs out because well, because and that kid vocal frying over all the non fat, non dairy, non gluten food he wants will be forgotten by next week.

The HW's were going to Las Vegas for two nights so that means 6 bags for Jen?  

I’ve decided Brooks has to be pulling a Paris Hilton. I refuse to believe that is his real voice. I can’t listen to him. I have to mute when he starts to speak. However, I can still tell he’s an asshole via closed-captioning. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

The only real homes we see, I think, are Heather’s and Mary’s. The “homes” of Lisa, Meredith and Whitney have nothing on the walls or counters, etc. In fact I have seen a number of empty picture hooks. In most shows like this the camera just blurs the pictures on the wall for some reason. Maybe the artist has not signed a waiver. The less said about Jen’s alleged chalet the better.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, janiema said:

The only real homes we see, I think, are Heather’s and Mary’s. The “homes” of Lisa, Meredith and Whitney have nothing on the walls or counters, etc. In fact I have seen a number of empty picture hooks. In most shows like this the camera just blurs the pictures on the wall for some reason. Maybe the artist has not signed a waiver. The less said about Jen’s alleged chalet the better.

I have said this since day 1 of every HW show, how do you have kids and no "stuff" anywhere?  How do you live with no personal effects anywhere?  Sometimes the HW lives somewhere that won't allow filming but most of the time these women are fronting.  

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have said this since day 1 of every HW show, how do you have kids and no "stuff" anywhere?  How do you live with no personal effects anywhere?  Sometimes the HW lives somewhere that won't allow filming but most of the time these women are fronting.  

I think for the most part the Beverly Hills, New Jersey some of the New York homes have been real. This is the first time I have seen homes with zero on the walls and counters.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, janiema said:

I think for the most part the Beverly Hills, New Jersey some of the New York homes have been real. This is the first time I have seen homes with zero on the walls and counters.

I guess I am lumping the rentals that the HW that admit to renting. The housing situation has always been the grey area on these shows, everyone from Nene to Dorit, all sort of skirt the truth about their homes, if you have enough money to rent something that is in a fabulous location with beautiful decor then just own it (tm Lisa Rinna) and say look how much money I have to piss away each month!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The vocal fry of Brooks, Meredith, and Lisa has me cringing. Jen smuggling Heather away immediately after arrival hotel came off as rude. She is such a try hard, I am embarrassed for her. I also recently saw a photo of her pre-plastic surgery. She was gorgeous. Now she has this carved up man like jawline, and looks very hard and very fake. I like Heather, but she seems to be too much of a people pleaser. I have little hope for a season two of this crap. 

• Love 4
On 1/22/2021 at 10:23 PM, howiveaddict said:

Regarding Jen. I think she is a major poser. I think the house is leased for the show.  Coach Shah probably retreated to their real, more modest home, the days after her party.

I do too.  But WHY does she have a "team", and a "first assistant" and "second assistant"?  I really need to know what the deal is with that 😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, princelina said:

I do too.  But WHY does she have a "team", and a "first assistant" and "second assistant"?  I really need to know what the deal is with that 😄 

Maybe they are really her mental health care management team or should be.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 1/22/2021 at 9:23 PM, howiveaddict said:

I think that Lisa and Meredith both think they are above everyone else on the show.  I guess they are only on  to show their businesses and for M to showcase Brooks.

Jen’s house is a rental, there are “receipts” out there.  Another housewife from a different city called her out.

Lisa is on the show for Instagram followers and Meredith is on for Brooks to get Instagram followers.  Neither have anything to offer and neither are showing their true selves.

21 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

The vocal fry of Brooks, Meredith, and Lisa has me cringing. Jen smuggling Heather away immediately after arrival hotel came off as rude. She is such a try hard, I am embarrassed for her. I also recently saw a photo of her pre-plastic surgery. She was gorgeous. Now she has this carved up man like jawline, and looks very hard and very fake.

Jen added that manly chin/jaw?  

• LOL 4
On 1/23/2021 at 9:05 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Most people in my area live in homes with no “stuff.”  It’s a thing.  Clean lines and no clutter. I’m not surprised Lisa’s house looks like that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Did the twins and Brooks have to learn to talk that way? That can’t be how they originally spoke right?  All three are annoying to the ears.

Jen is shawful. She is ridiculous and dramatic at times that make no sense. 
I don’t think addicts belong on reality tv. I think it would lead to unwanted attention that they can’t handle. Whitney’s siblings were helping her storyline but the reunion should be off camera. (Perhaps they did all meet prior to filming)

Heather in the pink number was a no. It wasn’t flattering. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, princelina said:

This is supposed to be one of her marketing endeavors:  https://www.jxafashion.com

You can order face masks or "Shah Squad" merchandise.  That will be a pass from me.  She also offers custom couture.  The photos of Jen modeling some gowns are entertaining because her tiny hiney we have seen on the show has been miraculously inflated to Kardashian proportions.  There is a callout for interns for the couture division in case anyone is interested.  

There is a beauty line too: https://shahbeauty.com

So, why is it she has done nothing to promote these businesses  on the show like every other housewives who has a viable business?  The closest she comes to that is the incessant references to "Shah" this or that which so far have pretty much been roads to nowhere in terms of marketing potential.  

• Useful 2
On 1/22/2021 at 8:10 PM, GussieK said:

Some football powerhouse coaches make millions, but I doubt he is at that level. 

Agreed re Coach Shah.  I don’t doubt that NCAAF head coaches make millions, though Nick Saban is the only one who comes to my mind.  But a cornerbacks/co special teams coordinator in the Pac 12, such as Sharrieff?  🤔 His tax bracket from that salary is probably closer to mine than Nick Saban’s.  

• Love 5

He's been with Utah for years. He may be at the top of the payscsle for a CB/ST coach. But yeah, nowhere near "millions."  He also has a law degree (from Utah) that he never used (or used it for a very short time, can't remember). Yes, I googled him. 😁

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He's been with Utah for years. He may be at the top of the payscsle for a CB/ST coach. But yeah, nowhere near "millions."  He also has a law degree (from Utah) that he never used (or used it for a very short time, can't remember). Yes, I googled him. 😁

He's probably bringing in mid six figures.  We don't have to pass a hat around for him 😂

2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He's probably bringing in mid six figures.  We don't have to pass a hat around for him 😂

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, JLaw said:

I’m sure he is making mid six figures, but Jen spends like he has the salary of a power five head coach who make millions each year with nice huge buyout contracts even if they suck as a coach. 

I wonder if Jen’s original personality was as beautiful as her original face.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, SimonSeymour said:

If Heather’s business is worth 20 million dollars, as she has repeatedly stated, why has she not yet taken any salary from it?

If she is still getting alimony from her ex, she probably doesn't need it

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, SimonSeymour said:

If Heather’s business is worth 20 million dollars, as she has repeatedly stated, why has she not yet taken any salary from it?

Lots of small business owners don’t take a salary until the business is established or if they hit on hard times and want to make sure they make payroll. However, is a small business is actually worth 20 million, the owner would be more than happy to take a salary and a huge bonus.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I’m sure he is making mid six figures, but Jen spends like he has the salary of a power five head coach who make millions each year with nice huge buyout contracts even if they suck as a coach. 

And now I’m trying to picture Ms. Terry throwing “$80k” parties and acting a fool on national television like Jen Shah is.  Could you even imagine?  

I’d guess Coach Shah makes mid 6 figures and probably has a car and housing stipend.  But no, nothing that would support his wife’s “staff.”   

Either way, it’s not a good look for the university to have this woman linked to their program.  I’m honestly surprised it was allowed.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, ichbin said:

This is supposed to be one of her marketing endeavors:  https://www.jxafashion.com

You can order face masks or "Shah Squad" merchandise.  That will be a pass from me.  She also offers custom couture.  The photos of Jen modeling some gowns are entertaining because her tiny hiney we have seen on the show has been miraculously inflated to Kardashian proportions.  There is a callout for interns for the couture division in case anyone is interested.  

So, why is it she has done nothing to promote these businesses  on the show like every other housewives who has a viable business?  The closest she comes to that is the incessant references to "Shah" this or that which so far have pretty much been roads to nowhere in terms of marketing potential.  

Seeing your post with the links cited makes me think Jen Shah developed these businesses to take advantage of her 15 minutes of RHSLC fame.  I'm sure her many assistants are either temporary or unpaid interns.  

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Seeing your post with the links cited makes me think Jen Shah developed these businesses to take advantage of her 15 minutes of RHSLC fame.  I'm sure her many assistants are either temporary or unpaid interns.  

Her "assistants" are much older than Sonya Morgan's "interns." I can't imagine that they're doing it for free.

• Love 1
On 1/22/2021 at 8:10 PM, GussieK said:

The fact that they are on this show makes me believe more likely than not that their finances are in trouble.  Either that or he's looking to dump Jen soon Kelsey Grammer style.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

How can you value a business like that anyway?  Sounds like some financial hocus pocus. If valuation is based on income and net profits, she should take a salary. But she’s investing in new space. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Lisa’s personality lends itself to a sterile house. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s really her home and not a rental. Meredith, Jen, Whitney- that’s a whole other story.

Yes, Lisa's house looks like her personality.  I'm sure every morning she wakes up and looks around and says, "I love that!"

Meredith's house looks more lived-in.  Although strangely not her style... like the bed with no bed skirt.  She seems to favor sleek and modern and her decor in the bedroom was not.

I thought Whitney said something about "my new house!"  I wonder if they own it.

I have been wondering - does Whitney's husband Justin have money?  What does he do, do we know? 

And does it ring strange to anyone else that his name is Justin?  He's about 50, right?  I don't know any 50 year old Justins.  Like how I sussed out that Danielle Staub was using an alias - I don't know any 50 something women with the name Danielle. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 1/21/2021 at 1:47 PM, politichick said:

Jen is a vicious cow. Just read that as a woman of color, she's offended by being called scary and no one said the same thing about Meredith/Lisa when she said she'd "cut a bitch." I am a woman of color and think she is very scary and goes from 0-100 in about two seconds. The other idiots can get away with saying something crazy because they're not going off the rails all the time. Why the hell am I watching this show? All of the women are unlikable. Would like to see a bit more of weird Mary, though.

ITA.  What really floored me was seeing a photo of Jen, pre plastic surgery.  She was soooooo pretty.  She has had so much work done which does lend itself to low self esteem.  She ruined her appearance.  She is driven by fear and the other women feel it.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

https://shahbeauty.com has been registered in August 2019, and https://www.jxafashion.com/ in January 2020.

It seems like it fits in the timeline, because RHSLC has been filming since at least Nov. 2019 when Whitney had her vow renewal...and that was probably planned after she was selected to be a housewife.  So, I can see Jen Shah might have come up with these businesses to take advantage of her new found fame.  On the blurb introducing her way back in 2019, it didn't mention either business, but said she was the owner of the "up and coming marketing agency Shah Squad."

1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:
5 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

https://shahbeauty.com has been registered in August 2019, and https://www.jxafashion.com/ in January 2020.

It seems like it fits in the timeline, because RHSLC has been filming since at least Nov. 2019 when Whitney had her vow renewal...and that was probably planned after she was selected to be a housewife.  So, I can see Jen Shah might have come up with these businesses to take advantage of her new found fame.  On the blurb introducing her way back in 2019, it didn't mention either business, but said she was the owner of the "up and coming marketing agency Shah Squad."

I found this blurb from https://shahbeauty.com to be pretty funny:

"I put my name on it, so you know 
you can trust it...

Celebrity | The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City" (accompanied by Jen's photo and signature)

This carries the same weight as my own personal endorsement of just about anything.  What a laugh!

I think of Jen as the the Angelyne of the Real Housewives world.  Lots of promotion, but for what exactly? Just another wannabe putting the cart before the horse.

Edited by ichbin
grammar
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 1/21/2021 at 7:01 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

That says a lot for the quality of the "high end" merch at Jen's "exclusive" shopping spree. 🙄

In fairness, I don't think any designer/manufacturer of stilettos, upscale or discount quality, is expecting some dimwit wearing them to be climbing up upon and horsing around on top of furniture.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Yes, Lisa's house looks like her personality.  I'm sure every morning she wakes up and looks around and says, "I love that!"

Meredith's house looks more lived-in.  Although strangely not her style... like the bed with no bed skirt.  She seems to favor sleek and modern and her decor in the bedroom was not.

I thought Whitney said something about "my new house!"  I wonder if they own it.

I have been wondering - does Whitney's husband Justin have money?  What does he do, do we know? 

And does it ring strange to anyone else that his name is Justin?  He's about 50, right?  I don't know any 50 year old Justins.  Like how I sussed out that Danielle Staub was using an alias - I don't know any 50 something women with the name Danielle. 

FWIW, I know a 50 year old Justin and a 70 year old Justin.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GussieK said:

FWIW, I know a 50 year old Justin and a 70 year old Justin.

That is very rare - I looked it up and the percentage of people named Justin born before 1970 is 0.001%.  The name didn't get popular until the 80s, peaking in 1988.

Interesting about Justin -

Justin is currently the chief sales officer for a company called LifeVantage that sells a line of dietary supplements.  In 2018, LifeVantage was the subject of a class-action lawsuit alleging that the company is an illegal pyramid scheme.  

Another housewife with a husband being sued for shady business practices.

So many housewives these days are only on the show to gain instagram followers and promote their business.  I think SLC is the worst of them - they are all playing a "part," (entrepreneur, beauty mogul, jewelry designer) and not very well.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 1/24/2021 at 4:43 PM, ichbin said:

Thanks for this!  So she has two "businesses" - both of which seem to have been started after she became a HW.  And her "fashion line" is basically masks, "Shah squad merch" and couture gowns?  I checked under the search for interns - it says they get to study under "head designer" Koa Johnson.  If you google his name the first thing that comes up is this:

"Koa Johnson - Courtesy Clerk - Ralphs Grocery Company | LinkedIn". hee hee

But a few names down I found this:

http://blog.honoluluacademy.org/fashion-designer-koa-johnson-on-his-unconventional-artistic-choices/

If you click on the link make sure you read the second comment at the end of the blog!!! 😳

PS I still want to know what sins that dude committed to make him "Jen's first assistant"!

Edited by princelina
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, princelina said:

Thanks for this!  So she has two "businesses" - both of which seem to have been started after she became a HW.  And her "fashion line" is basically masks, "Shah squad merch" and couture gowns?  I checked under the search for interns - it says they get to study under "head designer" Koa Johnson.  If you google his name the first thing that comes up is this:

"Koa Johnson - Courtesy Clerk - Ralphs Grocery Company | LinkedIn". hee hee

But a few names down I found this:

http://blog.honoluluacademy.org/fashion-designer-koa-johnson-on-his-unconventional-artistic-choices/

If you click on the link make sure you read the second comment at the end of the blog!!! 😳

PS I still want to know what sins that dude committed to make him "Jen's first assistant"!

I believe that the woman without a wedding dress could answer this question!!

Edited by oftentimes
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 1/25/2021 at 12:06 PM, heatherchandler said:

I don't know if you're serious or joking, but I'm 57 and I had a Justin and two Danielle's in my grade all during elementary school.

• Love 1
On 1/25/2021 at 3:16 PM, ichbin said:

I found this blurb from https://shahbeauty.com to be pretty funny:

"I put my name on it, so you know 
you can trust it...

Celebrity | The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City" (accompanied by Jen's photo and signature)

This carries the same weight as my own personal endorsement of just about anything.  What a laugh!

I think of Jen as the the Angelyne of the Real Housewives world.  Lots of promotion, but for what exactly? Just another wannabe putting the cart before the horse.

So this is what all those assistants are doing for her, sitting in her garage (manufacturing plant, ha ha) gluing lables on generic brand beauty items she finds at the Dollar Store, finally we know why she has a staff!  

• LOL 4
15 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Jen pre plastic surgery. Wow 

CA1EF3C6-4A34-43B5-9061-A0B51A539476.jpeg

Why'd she let someone do that to her nose??? She was beautiful. I don't think she needed anything done, but she could have just done her lips and left it at that.

• Love 9

I'm delighted this was renewed. I LOVE this bunch (except for Mary who is NOT earning her paycheck). They're like OC meets NJ. I love their delusions of grandeur. Their belief that having money makes them classy and fashionable (hah!). Their inability to self-examine at all.  Their copious & uninhibited alcohol consumption and their behavior as a consequence thereof. And Brooks. C'mon. Brooks!  When Brooks was whining about going back to college you know he was waiting for Mummy Meredith to say, "No, Brooks, you don't need to go back to school. You're a STAR now!"

I love my SLC Ho'wives!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 1/28/2021 at 5:52 PM, Crazydoxielady said:

Jen pre plastic surgery. Wow 

CA1EF3C6-4A34-43B5-9061-A0B51A539476.jpeg

She was sooo pretty!!!  Why do women do all these stupid enhancements??  I totally get and understand having some minor work done, or even a well-done facelift (i.e., Jane Fonda), but some take all of this too far.

Pre-facial enhancements, Jen looks very similar to Jo DeLeRosa from RHOC (Slade's former fiancee).  

• Love 5

Is Brooks an actual human or a walking parody of a human?

I'm the last person to stigmatize a woman for being sexually open but there just seems like there's something...off...about Whitney's sexuality.  The way she speaks to male family members is oddly flirtatious. 

I like Heather, but what on earth is she getting out of her friendship with Jen??

This franchise is as drab and vacant as the houses on it, that these women allegedly live in.  

• Love 3

Does anyone know why Whitney’s dad is constantly wearing that knit hat? The only thing I can think of is that his gray roots are beginning to show in a huge contrast to the Morticia Adams black hair.

• LOL 4