Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: All Bets are Off

• Start Topic

Whitney hosts a dinner with her dad and siblings in an effort to reunite their family, while Jen sets Heather up on a date with Sharrieff’s best friend. When Whitney invites the women for a girls getaway to Vegas, Lisa, who’s still upset with Whitney, has reservations about going. And when Jen takes Heather on an exclusive shopping experience, things take a turn when Jen begins to question Heather’s true loyalty.

Airdate: 01.20.2021

• Useful 1

What a boring episode! I still don’t understand why any of these women even want to be friends with Jen. She’s exhausting and crazy. And why is Mary even on this show, she doesn’t want to film with Jen, and I can’t say I blame her. 

• Love 16

I think Whitney would fit in much better on VanderPump Rules, not even as an OG cast member, but as one of those new second-rate cast members from TomTom... That was all I could think when I saw her in the TH with the high pony and the grey (?) blush.  I felt like Whitney was getting paid good money each time she referred to her sister by the nickname “Shay.”  Is she trying to make “Shay” happen as some kind of friend-of?  Whitney, stop trying to make fetch happen.  

Thanks for the sanctimonious speech, dubiously sober Whitney’s dad.  Did I hear correctly that he deigned to have a roommate?  All signs point to recovery now!

Heather has no game.  She looked really large and gawky as fuck twerking into the restaurant, not to mention awkward.  She was judging her date for not drinking alcohol, but hasn’t she spent the entire season crying about how she is judged because she does drink?  This is what I mean when I say Heather is painfully unaware.  Oh, and here she goes referring to herself as “a Mormon girl.”  Nothing in that phrase is correct.  She’s not Mormon and she’s not a girl.  What is her hang up?  She is so into labels.  Eleven episodes in, I have absolutely no idea who Heather is, other than a timid, sheltered ex-wife who is clueless about anything outside of her comfort zone and compensates for lack of identity by pretending to be a really naughty girl. 🤮

I can’t stand the bitch, but Whitney looked 1,000x better with her Vegas hair.  It upgrades her from VPR to Housewife status...until she opens her mouth again.  Her outfit for racing was terrible though.  Nothing was working with the mom jeans and the top that showcased the pasty shoulders.  The brunettes are old enough to be Whitney’s mom (Meredith) and older cousin (Lisa) and they put together looks so much chicer.  Whitney looks like she shops out of a catalogue from the nineties (I would say Sears, but Sears has cute stuff).  And she couldn’t be bothered to get a spray-tan while she was at the salon getting her hair done, when she is supposed to be wealthy and there is no sign that she has a job other than to be pretty for this show?

What the hell kind of name for a hotel is “Nomad”?

Lisa and Meredith...zzzzz...it’s funny how quickly they can shut Whitney down without even batting an eyelash, and that’s about all I got for them.  Way to go Whitney by throwing Heather under the bus for Whitney’s own irresponsible tongue yet again.  Heather can miss me demanding to know from Jen when she (Heather) hasn’t been on Jen’s side in favor of Whitney.  How about...last episode at the outdoor bathtubs when Heather took Whitney’s side against Jen and Heather waited until Jen ducked away to tell Whitney that Whitney was wrong?  Heather has a selective memory that I’m not here for.  

Now that they are in Vegas, the Hotwives comparison is not even a comparison, it’s life imitating art.  Did anyone watch that?  It’s a parody of the Housewives.  They spent an entire season arguing about someone saying “calm down.”  Is that not the exact same thing as spending a season over who said “afraid”?

Jen is a drunk with a platinum American Express card.  Doesn’t make her any less of a drunk.  

So...next week is not the finale?  Well, it’s the finale for me.  They get precisely 12 episodes to make no impression, no more.  Given that they are well past Valentine’s Day and there has been no mention of Covid, I am now firmly convinced this footage is at least two years old.  I’m trying to remind myself why I give a shit whether Whitney was fighting with Jen, when I quit Potomac in large part because their footage was a year old, which is far newer than this.  How can they possibly do a reunion about two-plus year old beefs that didn’t even amount to anything in 2018?  

And I think there will be a reunion, as Andy features them on his horrid live show pretty much every week that I refuse to watch.  If they were trying to bury this thing with no reunion, like they did with M2M:  LA and Southern Charm: NO, the RH SLC wouldn’t be on WWHL.  Grrreat.  I’ll watch next week and come back for a reunion just out of morbid curiosity for what they could possibly fill air time with, and then I am dunzo unless this show manages to do a 180 and become interesting and good over the course of one episode.  🎱 is telling me...don’t count on it.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Typos
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Honestly, I'm still having trouble telling the difference between Lisa & Meredith! 

Meredith looks like the melting wax version of Lisa plus some big ass eyebrows.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

LS, I heard today that a second season has been green-lighted. 

I have to wonder if this would be the case if there hadn't been the pandemic.  Bravo needs new programming and the virus probably makes starting a brand new show from the ground up difficult.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I have to wonder if this would be the case if there hadn't been the pandemic.  Bravo needs new programming and the virus probably makes starting a brand new show from the ground up difficult.  

Excellent point. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Heather has no game.  She looked really large and gawky as fuck twerking into the restaurant, not to mention awkward.  She was judging her date for not drinking alcohol, but hasn’t she spent the entire season crying about how she is judged because she does drink?  This is what I mean when I say Heather is painfully unaware.

I was wondering if the guy wasn't drinking to make sure he wouldn't be seeing Heather through beer goggles.  There was absolutely no chemistry there.  It's almost like he deliberately made himself boring so that there would be no chance Heather would be interested in him. 🤣

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, swankie said:

I was wondering if the guy wasn't drinking to make sure he wouldn't be seeing Heather through beer goggles.  There was absolutely no chemistry there.  It's almost like he deliberately made himself boring so that there would be no chance Heather would be interested in him. 🤣

Jen thought he wanted dessert because he really wanted to hit on Heather. I did not agree. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, swankie said:

Jen thought he wanted dessert because he really wanted to hit on Heather. I did not agree. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Now that they are in Vegas, the Hotwives comparison is not even a comparison, it’s life imitating art.  Did anyone watch that?  It’s a parody of the Housewives.  They spent an entire season arguing about someone saying “calm down.”  Is that not the exact same thing as spending a season over who said “afraid”?

I loved that show!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ichbin said:

I want to know the deal with Mary and her role on the show.  We haven't seen her outside of her house for weeks.  Even if there were issues between her and the others there were surely opportunities to film her doing something somewhere else, either by herself or with a friend or family.  Did she refuse to film?  Did production decide they did not want to feature her?  I know there are rumors about other women, like Whitney's friend, who were dropped from Housewife consideration after filming began and that filming went on for quite some time with a break in between.  There is a tale here  that I would be interested in hearing.  I have a feeling that the story behind the show is 100% more interesting than the show itself.  

Word on the street is that the first production company fired her but when Shed took over, they decided to keep her as a housewife but no other group interactions with Mary were filmed.

• Useful 12
  • Love 1

Heather and the Big Easy Daddy was not odd, they found this guy who had no plans to be involved with Heather, not interested in her at all, had a free dinner and talked endlessly about himself for a little camera time, the end.  What was odd was Jen arranging this fake hook up with this guy she is supposedly good friends with and never got up to give him a hug or fake air kiss, nothing.  I do not think Jen knew this guy, at all.

Why does every outfit we see Mary wear look like some Nutcracker costume, big buttons, sort of stage costume military looking.  

And we suffered thru food shopping with brooKS marKS, Meredith with her boobs out because well, because and that kid vocal frying over all the non fat, non dairy, non gluten food he wants will be forgotten by next week.

The HW's were going to Las Vegas for two nights so that means 6 bags for Jen?  

• LOL 8
  • Love 15

Heather did not get to go racecar driving because Jen arranged for shoe shopping that had to be done that moment?  That skin tight pink dress made Heather look like giant beefy uncooked sausage, cut to Jen and she says that she looks great in that dress, makes me think Jen is one of those girls that has to be the fairest in the land, tells a friend she looks good in something that does not really look good so she looks better.

I hope Heather walks out of that shopping spree with a dozen pairs of shoes and the most expensive outfit on the rack.

The arrival to the hotel was so awkward with that poem the hotel employee recited, cringe.

Taking bets on what meal and restaurant does Jen throw a glass.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

Ok, I get that this really isn't Whitney's trip because it's a HW trip and they all take turns at playing host, but Lisa was very rude not to phone her back/return her message, or at least tell her she's already there and would meet up with them.  Who does that?

Jen... get help.

Mary... get out of your house.

Meredith... tell your son to grow up.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Heather did not get to go racecar driving because Jen arranged for shoe shopping that had to be done that moment?  That skin tight pink dress made Heather look like giant beefy uncooked sausage, cut to Jen and she says that she looks great in that dress, makes me think Jen is one of those girls that has to be the fairest in the land, tells a friend she looks good in something that does not really look good so she looks better.

I hope Heather walks out of that shopping spree with a dozen pairs of shoes and the most expensive outfit on the rack.

The arrival to the hotel was so awkward with that poem the hotel employee recited, cringe.

Taking bets on what meal and restaurant does Jen throw a glass.

I agree.  That dress looked horrible on Heather and I was shocked when Jen told her it looked good.  I think you are spot on with your description of Jen.  

Enough with Brooks.  I haven't read one positive comment about him.  Get off my screen and go eat your chicken nuggets you fake.  Also enough of Whitney's father (I don't even know his name and don't care).  The sister and brother looked like they weren't buying anything he was selling and neither was I.  He's broke and has nowhere to go and no job so he's playing up to Whitney to help him out.  

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

The sister and brother looked like they weren't buying anything he was selling and neither was I.  He's broke and has nowhere to go and no job so he's playing up to Whitney to help him out.  

Did he actually say they should be thankful for his addiction? As it is bringing them back together. GTFOOH!

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
13 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Did he actually say they should be thankful for his addiction? As it is bringing them back together. GTFOOH!

The look on the brother's face when he (Papa Zoolander) said he'd do it all over again!! I don't think they're all on the same page with that one.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

That shopping spree in Vegas was more about Jen than Heather, just like Meredith's birthday party; can't believe the women haven't called her out more.
I'm glad Heather was able to score some shoes, had it been dresses Jen would've made sure to gift her all the ill-fitted ensembles. 

Also, pretty certain that Jen planned to confront her about Whitney, that's why it HAD to be at the same time the other women were elsewhere. 

• Love 12

I really liked that Whitney has a storyline about a family member with addiction, because I think it portrays the burden and the experience of the non-addict members of a family, but her dad is just the fucking worst.  Give me Kim Richards all day over this asshole.  

Oh, Heather.  I really want to like you.  I do.  But the dating version of you is TERRIBLE.  Stop trying so hard.  That goes for everything, not just dating.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

He honestly can't be serious.  The first thing I would be doing is sincerely apologizing for the many bad times the kids had to go due to his history of addiction.  Make amends first and then maybe recall good memories to bring them closer.  

15 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Two strikes already with this episode, A Brooks sighting and now Whitney’s Dad, blech. Don’t care. 

The blender's back, so it's a trifecta of returning sub characters!  There should be a rule for every annoying sub character, you must include an amusing one, such as Valter or Charlinda...

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
unclear wording
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Jen has such low self esteem, which I think is why she demands undying loyalty from her "friends." I suspect Coach Shah has cheated on her numerous times and she's scared to death of others "leaving" her also.  She's a sad, pathetic woman who needs therapy in a big, bad way.  

Heather's quick reflexes and grab definitely saved Jen from a really nasty fall off that bar top in the shoe store.  She was going down! 

Lisa at the racktrack... hell, I drive faster than her on the 405 freeway and I'm not even in a Ferrari!  She missed an awesome opportunity to ZOOM! 

Bravo... if you're reading... no more Brooks.  PLEASE!  He is beyond annoying and I FF through every scene he's in. 

Edited by eclectcmoi
correcting my grammar!
  • Love 21
12 hours ago, swankie said:

That heffa is batshit crazy!  How are you going to treat someone to a shopping spree and in the next breath you're threatening their very existence?  And Jen, Whitney didn't ruin your husband's birthday party you crazo!  You ruined it by losing your shit and breaking glasses over some bullshit!  Go to anger management!  Your behavior is heinous!

Jen is a vicious cow. Just read that as a woman of color, she's offended by being called scary and no one said the same thing about Meredith/Lisa when she said she'd "cut a bitch." I am a woman of color and think she is very scary and goes from 0-100 in about two seconds. The other idiots can get away with saying something crazy because they're not going off the rails all the time. Why the hell am I watching this show? All of the women are unlikable. Would like to see a bit more of weird Mary, though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, politichick said:

Jen is a vicious cow. Just read that as a woman of color, she's offended by being called scary and no one said the same thing about Meredith/Lisa when she said she'd "cut a bitch." I am a woman of color and think she is very scary and goes from 0-100 in about two seconds. The other idiots can get away with saying something crazy because they're not going off the rails all the time. Why the hell am I watching this show? All of the women are unlikable. Would like to see a bit more of weird Mary, though.

This really is the most unlikeable cast ever with the most unlikeable supporting cast (brooKS marKS, Father Whitney). 

Jen has probably been like we see her all her life, Coach Shah probably has stepped out on her and she found out, threatened that she would kill herself if he left her so he might spend as little time at home as possible just to avoid her hysterics.  

At some point this season I envision the camera crew, security or producers physically holding Jen back from being violent towards someone, this would be after she threw a glass and started screaming...just a hunch.  Unhinged looks good on no one.

Weird Mary looked so bad in her TH's.

• Love 4

Lisa was lying about already being in Vegas for work.  She was at home when she got the text about the trip.  But then Lisa lied about her great love of race car driving and how she loved it.  I was expecting her to drive circles around the other women.  But nope she drove like Grandma.  It did make me laugh when they all passed her.

Brooks is still a whiny brat.  At least he didn't go along to Vegas.  He was probably too afraid of all the hookers.  

Jen is still scary mean.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I'm not a Jen apologist, but her show broke when she was on the bar.  You can see it in the slow motion replay - her strap on her shoe breaks and she goes forward.  Not to discount that she might have also been drunk, and that made the fall worse.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That skin tight pink dress made Heather look like giant beefy uncooked sausage

Yes, I thought that was just me who saw that and ran for cover, but it also caused me to realize something—Heather may be the biggest Housewife ever cast, but she pulls it off fabulously.  I think she’s bigger than Nene on RHOA season one and Caroline Manzo on RHNJ season one (I’m not counting the Housewives who were cast at one weight and then gained a ton while on the show, because that is a whole other category), BUT Heather dresses so well that even though it’s evident that she’s not small, there is almost never a “whoa” moment where flab is flying and things that should be covered are uncovered.  This one time she tried on something ill-fitting—that pink monstrosity—it came right off (hopefully never to see the light of day again).  I am not a Heather fan by any stretch, and I have been open about that, but so many of these Housewives across the franchises—thin and not as thin—can take a page out of Heather’s book when it comes to dressing their bodies.  

• Love 10
8 hours ago, charliesan said:

That shopping spree in Vegas was more about Jen than Heather, just like Meredith's birthday party; can't believe the women haven't called her out more.

Here's the question I am left with, did Jen actually buy something for Heather or was the surprise simply the pop up store?  

• Love 9

Trying to figure out why MARY; MISS PENTECOSTAL LADY, has a "great big house in Las Vegas"..... WHUT????  All the Pentecostal people I know can barely live here in deep east Texas.  They have major troubles around here. I had no IDEA that there were rich Pentecostal people with big ass houses (more than ONE ), wear fancy ass clothes and SHOES, throw big ass lunches and parties and generally; LIVE BIG ASS LIVES. ON TV.

Jeebus would NOT approve. Trust me.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

rying to figure out why MARY; MISS PENTECOSTAL LADY, has a "great big house in Las Vegas"..... WHUT????  All the Pentecostal people I know can barely live here in deep east Texas.  They have major troubles around here. I had no IDEA that there were rich Pentecostal people with big ass houses (more than ONE ), wear fancy ass clothes and SHOES, throw big ass lunches and parties and generally; LIVE BIG ASS LIVES. ON TV.

Per Bravo:  "When my grandmother left, she left me her empire: homes, churches, daycares, a mortgage company, restaurants," Mary explained on the show's January 6 episode. "Including her husband. So Robert Sr. does love checking on all of the homes that we own."

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-salt-lake-city/style-living/mary-cosby-reveals-how-many-houses-she-has

• Useful 1
On 1/20/2021 at 11:14 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Jen is a drunk with a platinum American Express card

How much does a college football coach make, is Coach Shah on the take, taking bribes to recruit players because Jen lives like there is no tomorrow, spouting her class and fondness for designer labels and treating her friend to a shopping spree because she deserves it, whatever the hell that means because Heather is not living on the streets, she has a (self proclaimed) successful business.  Wouldn't Coach become annoyed if every month he gets a maxed out AMEX bill?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I cannot with Jen going from 0 to 100 all the time. I can't believe she is still spinning this narrative that Whitney ruined her husband's party when JEN threw the glass, JEN started yelling, JEN had to be removed in a car with her poor teenage son trying to calm her down. She's ridiculous.

I'm sorry but Mary should be fired after this season if she's not filming with the group and refusing to go on the group trip.

I still kinda like Heather and I'm hoping she turns on Jen and stops begging for her friendship.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I'm sorry but Mary should be fired after this season if she's not filming with the group and refusing to go on the group trip.

Wasn't Mary just complaining last episode that she wasn't invited to Coach Shah's birthday?  Now she won't go anywhere Jen will be.  It sounds like she's a bit confused...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, ichbin said:

Here's the question I am left with, did Jen actually buy something for Heather or was the surprise simply the pop up store?  

I saw it as a pop up store. Like when Vicky presented Breanna in the OC with a BMW and told her she’d assume the payments.

When Whitney put the onus on Heather during that racing car scene I was done with her.  Then when her dad said they should be thankful for the addiction- what kind of Mary-esque  owned crack pot Rehab is he in?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

If I were Whitney’s sibling, I would have a serious problem with meeting up with my Dad after years ON CAMERA!  If he’s serious about making amends, surely he did it individually and without cameras around.  Really hoping this was a fake reunion. As far as him saying he was glad it happened, I would have called his ass out right then and there.

• Love 8