Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

Kind of find it hilarious that we had a winter storm Liam and now a winter storm Quinn rolling through the mid-west.

These name lists are made years in advance but I still think someone was a big B&B fan when it was made, LOL.

• Love 6

Matt Hanvey who does the B&B twitter memes and involved in a lot of fan events and friendly with cast is appearing on Kim Matula (exHopes) show La to Vegas andnis in the national promo. How exciting for him. It's cool when fans connect with stars and that world. 

• Love 6

The entire Spectra gang is out. I can’t believe Brad Bell would fire Courtney Hope. She was a real find. Did we really need to bring back Hope? First off, the actress is horrible but the Hope storyline had been played out to death. I kind of liked Liam (although, I find SC annoying) away from the Hope orbit. I’m pretty amazed that Bell would wipe out a whole “family”. I could understand Shirley, Saul & Darlita but Sally!? 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The entire Spectra gang is out. I can’t believe Brad Bell would fire Courtney Hope. She was a real find.

I can. The guy sure can pick the talent, can't he? Cutting people like CH, AB, the Aly actress....hell, even Mackenzie "Stevie Nicks" Mauzy I didn't think was that bad, and managed to rise above the worst material given to any actress on the show at the time.

Meanwhile, JMW continues to be propped. Good God, why wasn't AB cast as Steffy? She has the looks AND the talent to pull off the poor, mixed up rich bitch that TIIC want her to be.

His loss.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Wow, SC can't defend his Best Actor Win! He didn't get a nom for best actor but John McCook and JMcW did! Whoooooaaaa

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/daytime-emmy-nominations-announced-2/

I'm guessing John McCook submitted the scenes where Eric told Ridge he was no longer his son. They were great scenes. I wouldn't be mad if McCook won. He's been in daytime a long time and deserves it.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Wow, SC can't defend his Best Actor Win! He didn't get a nom for best actor but John McCook and JMcW did! Whoooooaaaa

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/daytime-emmy-nominations-announced-2/

That's kinda a surprise. I thought he had improved considerably this season over last season, where I was pulling for Peter Bergman and Jack's smackdown of Phyllis to win.

Has JMc ever won? 

Also, how the actually fuck did JMW, Reign Edwards AND Rome Flynn pull nominations?! When's the last time Nicole showed her face? Clifton is no Lawrence Olivier, but goddamn, he was truly robbed this season.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

That's kinda a surprise. I thought he had improved considerably this season over last season, where I was pulling for Peter Bergman and Jack's smackdown of Phyllis to win.

Has JMc ever won? 

Also, how the actually fuck did JMW, Reign Edwards AND Rome Flynn pull nominations?! When's the last time Nicole showed her face? Clifton is no Lawrence Olivier, but goddamn, he was truly robbed this season.

Actually, I think KKL was robbed more. She was awesome when she had the screaming scene with Bill and told him enough was enough. Somehow, KKL can't break through with the Emmy noms. I think she's only been nominated once or twice in her 30 years with B&B.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Has JMc ever won? 

Oddly Billy Flynn was also left out this year and he was kicking butt. I'm hoping JMcC wins. He does deserve it.

Reign and Rome had to have submitted those I'm not signing the Lizzie parental separation papers scenes. Sad thing is that Rick and Maya got bubkus noms in their own story!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Wow, SC can't defend his Best Actor Win! He didn't get a nom for best actor

I guess whoever does the nominations agrees with me, I don't think SC is good at all. 

20 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

JMcW did

How???

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Has JMc ever won? 

I think most of us foresaw John McCook's Emmy reel in his scenes with TK last year when Eric told Sludge he was no longer his son.

As for the other three...I'm going to try to be as diplomatic about this as I can.  How in the ever-loving FUCK did they even make it through the pre-nom process?!  HOW?!  Who did Bradley pay off to promote JMW?!  She and her stans are all over fucking Twitter gloating.  I just don't get it because she CANNOT.  ACT.  AT.  ALL.

I will congratulate RF however on his How to Get Away With Murder Gig.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Reading the body language of everyone in this photo is...interesting.

TK hugging Mills is too cute. Everyone else looks like they'd rather be somewhere else, LOL.

Well, standing in front of a Baskin Robins sign is kind of embarrassing. I don’t care how good the ice cream is. LOL!!!

• Love 4
On 3/21/2018 at 3:14 PM, TobinAlbers said:

Oddly Billy Flynn was also left out this year and he was kicking butt. I'm hoping JMcC wins. He does deserve it.

Reign and Rome had to have submitted those I'm not signing the Lizzie parental separation papers scenes. Sad thing is that Rick and Maya got bubkus noms in their own story!

Billy Flynn spent most of last year in one of the worst triangles I've ever seen in soap.  Those baseball flashbacks were awful.  I don't think he had much to pull from.

I kind of like Reign, but I'll never understand, beyond looks, how Rome gets any acting work.  Wooden plank he is.

• Love 3

So much for the spumors CH would be moving over to Y&R as the new Summer. I doubt Y&R would have a newbie involved in a costly location shoot in Europe. Besides, the last time there was storyline in Europe (Paris) it was all CGI and green screen stuff anyway.

beyond looks, how Rome gets any acting work.  Wooden plank he is.

He must have a great agent because he's booked what looks to be a high profile role on How to Get Away with Murder. He'll look like a rank amateur interacting with that cast.

• Love 1

That is a head-scratcher.  To his credit, he seemed like he got a little better towards the end of his run. Some scenes with the Avant parents and Maya come to mind.

Maybe he was just bored out of his mind playing that role and didn't put any effort into his performance at all?  Maybe B&B was just intended to be a temporary gig until something better came along.

Otherwise, I got nuttin'.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, grisgris said:

That is a head-scratcher.  To his credit, he seemed like he got a little better towards the end of his run. Some scenes with the Avant parents and Maya come to mind.

Maybe he was just bored out of his mind playing that role and didn't put any effort into his performance at all?  Maybe B&B was just intended to be a temporary gig until something better came along.

Otherwise, I got nuttin'.

I really hate that mentality. Any job worth doing is worth doing to the best of one's ability, even a temp gig. Good actors have done far more with way less than what he was given to work with.

That said, I'm happy to see ppl be successful off this show. I'm more baffled than anything, but best of luck to him.

• Love 5
(edited)

Ashleigh Brewer may be getting some deserved screen time...she's headed to Home and Away.  Sadly, it says she likes her blonde look :(  In any event, congratulations and good luck!

http://soapcentral.com/bb/news/2018/0402-ashleigh_brewer_lands_new_soap_role.php

Fans of The Bold and the Beautiful's Ashleigh Brewer (ex-Ivy Forrester) will be happy to know that even though she has left the CBS Daytime series, she's keeping her career soap opera-based. But rather than joining a show in the United States, the Australian native reveals she has landed a new role on the Aussie series Home and Away.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

I read that. Dang! I was hoping that her good friend Margot Robbie could help pave the way for some U.S. movie roles. Maybe later?

Yeah. I think the platinum hair looks awful.

I wish AB the best of luck wherever she lands!

• Love 6

No doubt they will be about as successful as Winsor Harmon and Lorenzo Lamas were when they tried this a few years ago. I believe that was around the time Kim Matula made her film with Scott Eastwood.  I will quit while I am still ahead ...

• Love 3
On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎08 at 5:35 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

It couldn't possibly be any worse than Shark Attack 2, a beach movie where TK always appears fully-dressed, often in multiple layers of clothing. Here's the trailer.

Hahaha! He was young then, why all the clothing?

• Love 2

Probably will hide her behind desks, pillow and giants handbags.  Then, ship her off to Paris to spend time with Nicole as her due date approaches and during maternity leave.

At least I hope. The "Donna is getting fat," SL was one of the more absurd twists and downright insulting to pregnant and plus-sized women, specially when it was implied that Eric divorced her due to weight gain.

Congratulations to Karla and her boyfriend!

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, grisgris said:

The "Donna is getting fat," SL was one of the more absurd twists and downright insulting to pregnant and plus-sized women, specially when it was implied that Eric divorced her due to weight gain.

I know they were one of B&B more healthy couples (which says so much about this show, considering Eric was a rebound after a failed revenge marriage to Thorne the week before), but couldn't they have picked a better manufactured drama to split them up? Like, literally anything would be better.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, grisgris said:

Probably will hide her behind desks, pillow and giants handbags.

YES!!!  I LOVE when shows do that!!!

2 hours ago, grisgris said:

Congratulations to Karla and her boyfriend!

I saw that the article AyeMada linked mentioned KM's boyfriend, I could have sworn that she's married.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I saw that the article AyeMada linked mentioned KM's boyfriend, I could have sworn that she's married.

According to her imdb.com page, she is married to Jeremiah Frei-Pearson since 2011. Probably needs updating.

Anyhow...congrats to her. First saw her on GL & always liked her. Her web series "Wed Locked" with Lawrence Saint-Victor was a hoot.

• Love 2

How refreshing that people are married, have a solid relationship and have established a home before they have a child to bring into this relationship. Good for them.

• Love 2

You gotta have hope. Courtney Hope is coming back to B&B. Liam already has his hands full with Steffy (and, baby) & Hope. I guess they could pair him with IR?

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/courtney-hope-returning-to-the-bold-and-the-beautiful/2018/04/19/#more-98478

Also, I hope Karla's pregnancy doesn't interfere with her storyline. <sarcasm>

That said, Jacob Young is going off contract. He says he's been on contract for 21 years. Has he really been there that long?

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/jacob-young-recurring-at-bb/

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4

I really wish Vivienne and Julius could have been made permanent characters.  Even Nicole...that is, if they kept her as the smart hacker she was when she was 1st introduced.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

You gotta have hope. Courtney Hope is coming back to B&B. Liam already has his hands full with Steffy (and, baby) & Hope. I guess they could pair him with IR?

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/courtney-hope-returning-to-the-bold-and-the-beautiful/2018/04/19/#more-98478

Also, I hope Karla's pregnancy doesn't interfere with her storyline. <sarcasm>

That said, Jacob Young is going off contract. He says he's been on contract for 21 years. Has he really been there that long?

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/jacob-young-recurring-at-bb/

LOL, yeah the one thing we know they can't do with Karla's pregnancy is make her character pregnant as well.

Hadn't thought of them pairing her with Thorne but damn they just sent Tally off with a happily ever after. Wasting PF's appearance like that would just burn.

I think JY's been on contract at one soap or another for 21 years (B&B to GH to AMC to B&B). He really has been working non-stop.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Also, I hope Karla's pregnancy doesn't interfere with her storyline.

This made me laugh a little too much.

So since she can't be pregnant on the show, I guess the story will be Rick leaves her because she got fat like Donna. 

3 hours ago, nkotb said:

Obba Babatundé, Julius, is is going on tonight's episode of S.W.A.T.

It looks like he's playing Shemar Moore's father, so does that mean Shemar's character and Maya are siblings ? ;)

• Love 7
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think he's speaking about his entire career, including his orginal stint as Rick in 1998. He came back to B&B in 2011 after they' let the last actor go six months earlier, citing "lack of storyline." :/

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

LOL, yeah the one thing we know they can't do with Karla's pregnancy is make her character pregnant as well.

I remember reading last year about uterine transplants, which evidently already works with women but the researchers are also looking at it for trans women.  I doubt it's going to happen any time soon but you never know.  Maya may sneak off to Italy or Thailand or wherever at some point and come back pregnant. :-)   

• Love 5
7 hours ago, tessaray said:

I remember reading last year about uterine transplants, which evidently already works with women but the researchers are also looking at it for trans women.  I doubt it's going to happen any time soon but you never know.  Maya may sneak off to Italy or Thailand or wherever at some point and come back pregnant. :-)   

I was just reading up about that, really interesting. I doubt the pregnancy will interfere with Maya's 5 lines per month but who knows what the shitshow writers might come up with.  

• Love 3