Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

Just now, nkotb said:

Wow, as Flo's mom? First of all, ugh, that means that this story is literally never-ending. I'm kinda surprised that Denise Richards' is on a soap, & that she's playing the mother of an adult-child. 

I mean, technically speaking, there's 18 years between the actresses but I can't see Denise wanting to play a grown-ass woman's mom.

It makes me think of this:

tenor.gif

• LOL 2

I know, that was my thought, too. Most actresses won't accept playing the mother of an adult child until close to social security-eligible age, in my experience, save for our soap sirens, who have children that grow from 18 months to 18 years in a summer.

• Love 1

Is it too much to hope that Flo's mom shows up because her daughter involvement in human trafficking is revealed and she is trying to get her out of prison. I will be find with that because at least it would mean that the end is near (Richards shows up in the first week of April).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

I mean, technically speaking, there's 18 years between the actresses but I can't see Denise wanting to play a grown-ass woman's mom.

It makes me think of this:

tenor.gif

This is the same show where Leslie Anne Down played the mother to a guy played by an actor two years older than herself.

At least this age difference makes sense 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I don’t understand why we need Flo’s mom on the scene. Flo should have taken off after she got her take of the baby money, or when Zoe first confronted her, or anytime now before her mom shows up. No one cares about Flo unless she tells the truth or goes to jail. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Love 2

Are these executive producers, producers, directors, writers so tone deaf and clueless that they believe we’ll continue to watch this drivel just because they’re bringing on Denise Richards and Tamar Braxton (whoever she is)? How about they stick to the characters we know and care about? How about they return that baby to her parents?! Now THAT would bring back their viewers. 

• Love 2

Denise must have plenty of time on her hands as she's also joined the cast of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills."  So, given Brad Bell "logic," he would try to make a far stretch to think that would lure in that viewing audience? She's only been on RBoBH for two weeks!

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Love 1

This is Amber and her mom all over again. But DR would make an interesting potential fling for Bill. Or maybe she already has a past with Bill and he's Flo's dad. Ha!

If Flo is sticking around, she may keep Thomas' bed warm for a while.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

This is Amber and her mom all over again.

The thing is, Amber was a teenager when all that happened. It was easy to see she was, in part, led by the nose there.

This Flo woman just doesn't have that naiveness to make me sympathetic at all.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Are these executive producers, producers, directors, writers so tone deaf and clueless that they believe we’ll continue to watch this drivel just because they’re bringing on Denise Richards and Tamar Braxton (whoever she is)? How about they stick to the characters we know and care about? How about they return that baby to her parents?! Now THAT would bring back their viewers. 

Tamar Braxton is R&B singer Toni Braxton’s sister. Toni started in a girl group with all of her sisters when they were young, but then Toni became the breakthrough star. There’s been much jealousy and riding of the coattails by the other sisters ever since. Plus, Tamar has the added bonus of an over the top annoying attitude. (I suppose some people like her though). Anyway, I think Tamar is only going to be on one day playing a chef to Bill and Katie. I hope Denise doesn’t stick around for a long time either. Her character seems totally unnecessary. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I hope Denise doesn’t stick around for a long time either. Her character seems totally unnecessary. 

Honestly, most of the cast nowadays feels expendable and interchangeable. The show used to be so much better about having its characters serve a particular purpose or be compelling enough to make a case for them to be around. The last character that'd done that since being added to the cast was Bill. Maria Arena Bell killing Brad Carlton was the second best gift she ever gave to B&B, next to the creation of Sally Spectra.

If TPTB don't want to do a teen scene--which is a wise decision because other than the one with Rick/Amber/Deacon/Bridget, the ones that came before or since bordered between boring and absolutely fucking gross--they can at least work with the 30-somethings they have now. Between Wyatt, Hope, Sally and Liam, there's a decent amount of talent that could stand on their own. 

• Love 1
On 2/20/2019 at 10:41 PM, Angeleyes said:

Tamar Braxton is R&B singer Toni Braxton’s sister. Toni started in a girl group with all of her sisters when they were young, but then Toni became the breakthrough star. There’s been much jealousy and riding of the coattails by the other sisters ever since. Plus, Tamar has the added bonus of an over the top annoying attitude. (I suppose some people like her though). Anyway, I think Tamar is only going to be on one day playing a chef to Bill and Katie. I hope Denise doesn’t stick around for a long time either. Her character seems totally unnecessary. 

Supposedly Tamar is a SUPER fan of B&B even going as far as naming her kid Logan because she loves Brooke. If that's the case, I can't begrudge her pushing for a chance to be on B&B and hang with the cast if she could. 😉

• Love 3

Checking Instagram to see if JMW had her baby yet and I came across this.  I hate to be mean, but apparently she and her mother are no strangers to facial procedures...in fact I think she looks kind of like current Hunter Tylo.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sigh ... I just read that Karla Mosley got taken off contract.  If that was in the cards, then why not keep Maya in Paris with Rick? Ugh ... Again, another example of short-sighted story planning. I guess the bright side is that perhaps this will give her more time with her darling new little girl. 

Edited by CharlizeCat

Honestly, I'm surprised that it took this long to do it. As soon an JY left, her days were numbered cuz God forbid a woman on b&b have her own stories and agency not tied up with the man she's married to. 😠

And oh hey, won't that be convenient for when Rick is recast in six months, he's free and single and able to be paired with a cis woman that Bell can pair up with everyone else in the cast! Probably beginning with Flo! [/sarcasm]

🙄

7 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

And oh hey, won't that be convenient for when Rick is recast in six months, he's free and single and able to be paired with a cis woman that Bell can pair up with everyone else in the cast! Probably beginning with Flo! [/sarcasm]

🙄

If Flo ends up being Deacon's kid, they'll probably bring back Amber (and aged up Rosie and lil Deacon) for any recast Rick. Donna and Justin can be onscreen grandparents finally.

• Love 1

I dunno, the show doesn't seem to care much about Amber and Rick anymore. Her last two apperances on the show involved her more stirring the pot between Hope and Liam than fucking with Rick. And as much as I shipped it back in the day, I'm fine leaving that in 2003 where it belongs. Let Amber deal with a teenager who is a true hellraiser that drives her up the wall.

• Love 1

A) Annika knows how to pose.

B) I’ve always wanted Sharon Case to play the late Kelly Cooper aka Liam’s mother. This pic makes me want her to play his mom in ghostly visits ala John Abbott even more,

C) I’d pay good money for a Y&R/B&B crossover where Cassie tells Liam about himself. Cassie’s good at laying lovingly shaded smackdowns. If Sharon were Kelly’s long lost twin sister, then Cassie would be Liam’s cousin and dude could use a takes no crap cousin like Cassie. So could Wyatt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Heh, looks like she went to beauty pageant school. 😑 What's up with those eyebrows though? She's too young for that look to be the result of a facelift so WTF?

B) I’ve always wanted Sharon Case to play the late Kelly Cooper aka Liam’s mother.

How do you feel about Gina Tognoni? There's been a small campaign afoot on the soap forums. Either that or bring her on as Sally's mommy.

Dang, CG is working that red dress. Wonder why they don't let her wear dresses like that YR? 🤔

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

CG is my favorite character/actress on this show. However, I don’t like that dress on her. She has a great figure but that dress is too tight and a bad length for her. In fact, I think that particular length isn’t flattering on any woman. It makes all of them look “stubby” legged. Sharon looks fantastic in that color but needs to yank her dress up over her chest, Denise looks okay, Annika’s dress doesn’t flatter her; it looks too wintery compared to what the others are wearing and I agree about those eyebrows. Liam looks just great! I guess I just expect all of these people to look the best they can possibly look with all of the help they get (clothes, makeup, hair, stylists, photographers, locations, etc). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Heh, looks like she went to beauty pageant school.

From what I've seen on her IG, I think she's a dancer, I imagine that's where her posing ability came from.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

How do you feel about Gina Tognoni? There's been a small campaign afoot on the soap forums. Either that or bring her on as Sally's mommy. 

Dang, CG is working that red dress. Wonder why they don't let her wear dresses like that YR? 🤔

I'd have to let Gina as Liam's late mother Kelly marinate as she gives off more of a sister of Quinn or recast Quinn vibe to me. Then again maybe Bill had a type.

GT as Sally's mother and a Spectra I could see being amazing and she'd be a powerhouse against Ridge and Bill and I could've seen her doing some fun stuff with Ingo's Thorne. Now that is a missed opportunity.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Noooooooooooooo, because she might campaign to bring Jason Thompson over here with her lol 😂

But hmmmm, she could work as Mama Spectra. That would be interesting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Agree Annika knows how to pose but wish she'd gone for a more spring/summer type of dress.

Yes, Sharon, we know you have an amazing figure for ANY age, let alone 48, but no boobs before the sun goes down.

Camryn is that rare redhead who can rock red and who cares if the dress is the right length, etc., when you have a body like that? Her ass alone could stop traffic. #bodygoals

Scott looks cute.

Oh, yeah, hi Denise.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Poor Pierson Fode 😞  Glad to hear he's doing better.

"Actor Pierson Fode, who played Thomas Forrester on The Bold and the Beautiful from 2015 – 2018 took to social media to reveal he was glad to be alive after suffering through a frightening health crisis that could have been fatal. Fode relayed that he had been having blackouts due to brain trauma. "

• Love 1

I would also recommend Tracy's 2005 memoir, Breaking the Perfect 10. Most of the book is about her horrible relationships before meeting her husband, a cop (who I believe she is still married to to this day), her courtship, engagement and marriage to her husband and her conversion to Christianity, but it does touch on her childhood quite a bit and how her mother's hoarding was an issue for years. It's easy to see her conflicted between her love for her mother and her decision NOT to have her mother live with her. Tracy and her husband have kids and I wouldn't want them to have to deal with all that baggage (figurative and literal), either.

• Love 1

That show about Tracy and her hoarder mother was repeated on OWN last week. I’d seen it the first time but watched it again because I knew I’d see something I’d missed the first time around. The pain and sorrow in Tracy’s face when her mom was on stage and on tape in that garbage dump she lived in was heartbreaking. I could smell that dump through my television!  I have no doubt that after returning from whatever miracle therapy place Shill sent her to, Tracy’s mom would revert right back to her previous hoarding. I admire Tracy still trying to rescue her mother but sometimes, there’s no rescuing. There’s just letting go. I thought it was very telling that the mom was very flirty and flipping her hair while talkin to Shill and the audience. She’s obviously been able to “charm” people all of her life. So Sad for all of them.

• Love 2

.....the actual fuck?!

I swear Twitter fandom is on a whole other level. I follow SC on Twitter and he had a whole post reminding people that Steffy would be hurting as a result to. If he has a ship preference, I've never seen evidence of it, not unlike half the Y&R cast that all but encourage their stans to act like assholes (looking at you, Daniel Goddard and Gina Tognoni).

True talk, I'm in a lot of fandoms, especially around Tumblr (which is even more of a hellscape overall that anyone who remembers LiveJournal resents being a part of. Especially me. Loudly), but this comm is legit the one truly peaceful, civil fandom spaces I've been a part of. We all debate being Team Brooke or Team Taylor  without the slut shaming and misogyny I see in the YouTube comments section, and after getting on Twitter, I am so glad our mods have chosen to make that the one rule that is absolutely enforced here...but they hardly need to anymore and I'm glad for it ❤️

• Love 8
8 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Scott Clifton in a thoughtful, eloquent gentle smackdown of fans coming at him over this storyline. God bless him.

Thanks for sharing this. Scott handled this very well. And called Liam a tool. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, jenrising said:

Thanks for sharing this. Scott handled this very well. And called Liam a tool.

You're welcome!  As for tool Liam, SC can throw subtle shade when he wants to, LOL. He has some issues with his character but he also made the note: the writers write and I do my job by acting out what they give me to the best of my capabilities. Dude is humble and respects everyone's part in this-including the fans.

• Love 8

SC is a class act. I think that was an elegant and eloquent response. (And it looks like the tweet he was responding to has been deleted. Hmm.)

Meanwhile one well-known legacy soap star on Y&R has resorted to calling women bitches on twitter and deriding people's nationality. It's IMO appalling that some people can't separate themselves from the character they play, and that TPTB either encourage it ("there's no such thing as bad publicity") or decline to rein it in because free speech or whatever.

Soap fans not being able draw a line between an actor and their character is old news though, probably going back to when soaps first began. The biggest difference now is social media and how it allows people to think they know the actors personally. And of course some actors encourage that stuff when they can make it work their way. Ditto on the actors you mentioned, AY. There's a couple others I'd add.

Some of the soap forums are borderline toxic IMO, and one in particular has flipped the eff out over the Bess reveal. This PTV forum remains an oasis in the sea of soap fanbase insanity.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
meh, maybe an oasis in the sea is an iffy metaphor but whatever
  • Love 8

Soap fandom in general has always baffled me in its behavior. I'm usually into anime fandoms where most participants are in their early 20s on average and I expect stupidity there. But I imagine that much like every other fandom, older fans act even worse because no one smacked them on the nose for such entitlement ages ago like Star Trek fans did to me for dragging ship war crap where it didn't belong. 

My kudos to Scott Clifton (with one of my fave Twitter handles btw! Ha! ) for being a class act on this and shutting it down with grace.

1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

He has some issues with his character but he also made the note: the writers write and I do my job by acting out what they give me to the best of my capabilities.

He does.

Would that were all his co-stars could follow his example without blatantly phoning it in when they have to act alongside women in his age range don't care for the story given. One thing I'll say for Ronn Moss is that I'd never know how much the Ridget story made his skin crawl from what I remember of that horrendous story.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5