Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

On 10/20/2016 at 10:27 PM, grisgris said:

For some reason, I had the thought that it was KKL, not the show, that insisted on the too-long, overly-blonde hair.  (Look at all of the horrible hair don'ts JMW has gotten way with over the years.) I remember her most recent "drastic" haircut which was when Brooke and Thomas were in Paris for some reason and her hair was a bit shorter and blunt cut/bob with kind of side-swept bangs. (Think it's the 'do referred to above -- not the pixie.) It looked great on her; very chic and age appropriate.  I distinctly remember when some reference to "Brooke's Paris haircut" were made and KKL looked none too happy. I also read once where she said (paraphrasing) the Brooke's character just feels like she should have long hair. Her hair looked a little bit better today like it had a lot more volume. However, I can't stand her technique of dividing her hair in the back and pulling it all over the front of her shoulders. It looks ridiculous from the back.  So, yeah. If it's gotta be long hair, then at least put some volumizing extensions in it and PLEASE add some lowlights or something to soften that harsh yellow blonde. KKL is far too beautiful to be dragged down (literally) by less-than-flattering hair.

It was KKL or - more specifically - KKL's now-ex husband Alex D'Andrea, who insisted on the long hair. How very caveman of him.

But he's gone and she has a hot young thing on her arm now - you'd think she'd want to change up the hair since she changed up the man.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Oooh, do tell! :)

I think it was an interview in Soap Opera Digest several years back where KKL was being interviewed and they were asking about favorite storylines - Throoke was one - and the interviewer commented on her short, sassy 'do.

KKL agreed that she loved the style but said her husband loves her hair long so she kept it long for him. 

I get that women take their significant other's opinion into consideration but at the end of the day, it's her hair. She should do what she wants with it. 

While she wouldn't have to go as short as the pixie (which I found adorable and hot at the same time), something like this would look so much better and be healthier.

And yes, please, some lowlights.

CBS+Bold+Beautiful+6+000th+Episode+Celeb

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I think it was an interview in Soap Opera Digest several years back where KKL was being interviewed and they were asking about favorite storylines - Throoke was one - and the interviewer commented on her short, sassy 'do.

KKL agreed that she loved the style but said her husband loves her hair long so she kept it long for him. 

I get that women take their significant other's opinion into consideration but at the end of the day, it's her hair. She should do what she wants with it. 

While she wouldn't have to go as short as the pixie (which I found adorable and hot at the same time), something like this would look so much better and be healthier.

That's pretty much the hair I have now (although my color is a little darker).  It's just so much more flattering at this age (and I'm about a decade younger than KKL) than anything longer. Every time my hair gets much longer than that, I feel like it's visually dragging my whole face down.  I think it's the same for her.  She just looks so much younger and fresher when her hair is above her collar bone.  

• Love 5

I heard about that yesterday :( he was still acting up until earlier this year (I assume, given the four mouths out that Days tapes) in spite of his illness.

I also had no idea he was pushing 90, cuz he looks so good for his age!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I heard about that yesterday :( he was still acting up until earlier this year (I assume, given the four mouths out that Days tapes) in spite of his illness.

I also had no idea he was pushing 90, cuz he looks so good for his age!

He came from some seriously strong genes. Parents lived to be over 100 and had celebrated 80 years together. No doubt he could've gone to 100 had Alzheimer's not gotten him :(

On DAYS they made every accommodation for his illness including cue cards and longer scheduled time so he wasn't rushed. Reading his bio, the man lived a life. 

• Love 7

A small tribute to two wonderful actors no longer with us. Joseph and Darlene look like they are having as much fun in this scene as Massimo and Sally are (sorry I can't find a version without the Eastern European dubbing).

• Love 9

It's sad, because this show used to have cheeky, campy fun without going into Passions territory (Taylor's second return notwithstanding). Even the recent thing with Maya singing at the LA Dodgers game had echoes of this fun that's been missing for a while.

Hell, I'll even take the ridiculous Price is Right crossover schtick if it means less of mopey ass Nicole and whiny ass Liam.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, mmccpp said:

That clip was fantastic ... Sally and Massimo are both sorely missed.  Does anybody have any fun on B&B any more?

Medieval Times with Pam, Charlie, Oliver, and Aly is the last one I remember. If the show had ever wanted an in to do a musical episode they could be had Aly or Pam get hit on the head and dream they were in a musical set in medieval times. John McCook as the singing piano playing king would've been boss. Don Diamont as rival Lord Dark Prince Spencer. Problem is not sure how many of the cast could sing or dance (I know Maya and Liam can sing in RL) and would be up for it. 

• Love 2
On 11/30/2016 at 5:09 PM, CountryGirl said:

So pretty, this girl!

Remembered, this woman be pushing 60!

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Is it wrong that I just had flashbacks of the Rick/Phoebe karaoke days when I read that? :p

It would be more wrong if you had Constantine/Phoebe flashbacks :)

• Love 3

It is funny Rick hasn't done a duet with Maya. Are they forgetting everything KL's Rick did?

I keep saying that this show has enough singers to pull off a musical fantasy episode. If Passions can do Bollywood, there's a way to do a B&B musical, darn it!

Ah, Constantine/Phoebe. Battle of the big hair! Good times.

Back then I kinda wished they had brought on Nadia Bjorlin as Steffy Forrester so we'd get Brady/Chloe opera duets.

But thinking about it, Nadia could've made a kick ass Steffy. She can play the diva when she wants and dresses the fashionista role quite well. And with those doe eyes and body? You can believe men would be falling all over each other for her.

Then again I will say that pre-tweaks and recasts Adam Gregory and JMW definitely looked like kids of Ronn Moss' Ridge and Hunter's Taylor. They were really a striking family with Phoebe being the odd curly haired blond out.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Anna Yolei said:

Pfft....maybe they could do a flashback 80s episode...after all, the 30th anniversary is right around the corner and any special episode should start taping shortly, if they haven't already.

Do NOT get me started!  An 80s Flashback episode? And suddenly I'm imagining one of the guys singing something from George Michael's Wham! or Prince.

BTW B&B's twitter is hard.core pushing Quidge My timeline is riddled with leading questions and pushes for RT if you felt sparks.  I didn't see this much of a push even with Queric.

• Love 1

This right here is why I get mad B&B screwed up Thomas with Caroline and broke him and Sasha up.

Can you imagine him like this with a woman on B&B? With Katie? Well not with Katie because she wouldn't know what to do with him.

But with Sasha?! Goodness.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

BTW B&B's twitter is hard.core pushing Quidge My timeline is riddled with leading questions and pushes for RT if you felt sparks.  I didn't see this much of a push even with Queric.

To be fair, I don't think anyone knew they wanted Queric,  not even us. It came out of nowhere, and right on the heels of Captive Cabin and there was no development whatsoever. It was only by the talents of McCook and Sofer that there was anything redeeming about the beginning of their story.

That said, RS and TK play off each other well but that in no way suggests they need to be paired up. Good God, I don't want to sit through another Bridge break up or see Eric get betrayed by his lowlife son yet again. 

• Love 6

Has anyone seen this video?

It's fairly short, but it does explain a bit why Susan Flannery left so soon after RM did (she was looking to retire within six months of her final episode anyway) and why he didn't show up for the final scenes she had. I guess it must've really been bad if they couldn't stick it out anymore or make it work.

• Love 2

Here are the pre-emmy noms:

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Heather Tom (Katie, B&B) -- AGAIN?

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Scott Clifton (Liam, B&B) -- Why, God, why?
John McCook (Eric, B&B) -- About time!

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Anna Maria Horsford  (Vivian, B&B) -- YES!!!

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Obba Babatundé (Julius, B&B) -- Ditto

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Reign Edwards as (Nicole, B&B) -- Wow, the bar must be pretty low

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Rome Flynn (Zende, B&B) -- Uh, scratch that I think we've just hit rock bottom
Pierson Fodé (Thomas, B&B) -- Seriously? For what, best abs?
Anthony Turpel (R.J., B&B) -- I have no words on this one.  He has only been on for a few months ... and ... ??

WHERE THE HELL IS RENA SOFER??? 
And if TK is supposedly such an *cough* awesome actor from other soaps, then why isn't HE on the list, huh?  Just sayin'?
OK. I don't watch any other soaps, so are these noms just a reflection that B&B has a higher percentage of younger actors OR indicative of how BB focuses entirely on the kiddie pool?

Just to make sure that I'm not pulling your leg (been known to do that!) here's the link to the article:

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/daytime-emmy-pre-nominations-announced-2/

Yeah, I'm kind of a whole lotta annoyed about this!

• Love 2

Are the Daytime Emmys still televised? I heard they no longer were.

And why even bother having a "Best of" category when there are four equally shoddily written left in the genre?

I wondered why JMW didn't get the nomination for younger actress, but I forgot there's an age requirement to that. Even still, epic fail. They nominated Reign Edwards but nothing for Felisha Cooper? RS is entirely snubbed to give HTom another shot an an Emmy? She's probably won't more for B&B at this point as she ever got for much better acting and material as Victoria Newman. 

Felisha Cooper has the scenes with OB alone to credibly be pre-nommed.

Reign Edwards had her 'birthing the Forrester Messiah' scenes that were going to make her a shoo in. Ditto with Rome Flynn.

PF's Thomas really didn't have strong work even with the Douglas paternity reveal but I'm guessing he had to fill out the younger actor category. If he got nommed then Caroline and Ridge should've gotten nommed because they had stronger work.

I hate Quinn with the fire of a thousand suns but Rena Sofer was a lock for not just a nom but the Emmy. Especially since her two main screen partners (Clifton and McCook) from last year got pre-nommed. Gotta think she didn't submit for some reason.

Heather Tom had her beach breakdown/where's Will?! scenes so I can see that getting her a nomination.

• Love 2
On 1/25/2017 at 0:43 PM, grisgris said:

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Reign Edwards as (Nicole, B&B) -- Wow, the bar must be pretty low

Low indeed.   I guess JMW aged out of that category.

• Love 2

Wow, I am in utter shock that RS isn't even pre-nommed. How many frontburner stories this year didn't involve her, even in a peripheral role? She was in everything; Steffy/Wyatt, kidnapping Liam, romance with Eric, Eric's heart attack (I honestly can't remember if it was a heart attack now that I say that), the Forrester revolving door, now this will they/won't they with Ridge, she was in all of them. The only major story she wasn't in, was the babies, & their parentage, Douglas & the Ridge/Caroline/Thomas mess, & also Lizzie. RS really got robbed, she probably would've won. 

ETA: While it sucks balls that RS got robbed, I'm so happy that the actors playing both Vivian & Julius were nominated, Julius' portrayer, OB, especially. He is like Major Dad on an episode of "This Is Us", he just elevates everything (except, of course, TIU is already perfection, where our show, notsomuch). 

Edited by nkotb
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

To his credit, Trump varies his scripts every episode. He could teach Bell a thing or two.

It's the truth is stranger and soapier than fiction truth. Like with OJ, Trump is a train wreck that you can't look away from with a supporting cast that is the gift that keeps on giving from a media perspective.

if Trump gets impeached, soaps are dead unless POP TV exclusively airs them as broadcast will be overtaken by Trump coverage. 

Pffft. To be honest, I'm shocked there are still any shows still left. Back when As the World Turns began its rapid death spiral and what I'd heard about on Guiding Light and everything on Y&R after Adam gaslighting Ashley, I legit thought CBS was trying to force the viewership's collective hand to drive ratings down to kill all their shows. Between the recent hires on Y&R and the sudden shift on B&B, I don't think that was the case anymore, but it may very well end up being too little to late.

Oh well. All good things...

At least they'll end on a high note.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 1

ATWT and GL are a slightly different breed from Y&R and B&B as ATWT and GL were P&G owned soaps with their creative direction largely at P&G's purvue. CBS kept lowering the licensing fee they were willing to pay which in turn lowered the budget on the shows until it was financially a no go for P&G. Also they didn't need soap operas anymore to sell soaps so they were ready to get out of the TV soap opera game.

Y&R is run by CBS even though it originated with Bell so they have a vested interest to keep in on. B&B is run by the Bells and has mad international clout which is what helps it stay on the air. CBS made their move with The Talk and Lets Make a Deal. If they do more heavy development in game show/talk show THEN Y&R and B&B have something to worry about. B&B I could see being internationally co-financed and make the jump to CBS All Access for American viewers if CBS proper wants that half hour back. Y&R might be a harder sell but could also bulk up the original programming for All Access.

ETA: 

At least they'll end on a high note.

Zencole, Quidge, Steam, and Brill is not what I call a high note, LOL. If that's the way B&B ends then it needed to be put down.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 1

Well, "high note" may be too strong a word, but compared with what I sat through at the end of ATWT, where nearly every story was Ridge/Bridget-falling-in-love levels of bad and every major pairing except one was as insufferable as Steam B&B and even the newly rebooted Y&R are looking to be in good shape.

I agree about its online life. With all the international fans around the world, I imagine this show would have the best chance at a second life online, if it ever does come to that.

Edited by Anna Yolei
1 hour ago, jenrising said:

Man, JMW needs to give someone a good talking to. Putting her next to AB is really cruel. 

Yeah, the thing is all the women on this show can look cute, but it's when B&B's make-up, hair, and costume people try to make up Nicole and Steffy that they actually end up looking like they're trying too hard while Ivy and Sasha look refreshing and uncomplicated in comparison and you wonder why they're considered the bag of oats on the show.

• Love 3