Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

I do think they're probably killing him off, but I don't think an actor doing commercials is necessarily a sign they're out the door. I'm sure he can knock out a couple commercials on a non-filming day. I think it's likely that he just has a higher profile than he did when he did the old Liberty-bibberty commercial, and they've started hitting the wall on their Emu commercials, so they decided to bring him back. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I do think they're probably killing him off, but I don't think an actor doing commercials is necessarily a sign they're out the door. I'm sure he can knock out a couple commercials on a non-filming day. I think it's likely that he just has a higher profile than he did when he did the old Liberty-bibberty commercial, and they've started hitting the wall on their Emu commercials, so they decided to bring him back. 

I don't know. I see him doing these commercials as any other actor who is sponsoring other stuff. Like you have sports stars pushing this or that (Wheaties, Nike, etc.) or other products. Doesn't mean those athletes or actors are leaving their "day" job. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't know. I see him doing these commercials as any other actor who is sponsoring other stuff. Like you have sports stars pushing this or that (Wheaties, Nike, etc.) or other products. Doesn't mean those athletes or actors are leaving their "day" job. 

I agree. The commercials, to me, have nothing to do with why I think they're killing him off. I think they're killing him off because of two reasons. 1) They clearly want to do Steam again. 2) We got that montage of their relationship, and that kind of thing often seems to precede a death. Like they're reminding us of how happy and in love the couple is and how they've been through so much to be together, so it will be extra tragic when one of them dies. 

• Applause 1

Come to think of it, they didn't do all of this when he first "died" last year (or the year before? Time has no meaning after 2020 😂). B&B never does anything subtle and rarely subverts expectations. I knew Finn wouldn't be around forever because Bell is never letting Steam or Lope go in the long run and I'm genuinely surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Wish I could say I felt anything one way or the other about it but he was never much more than Steffy's Ken Doll, a joke that I don't think I can even make anymore after the Barbie movie did in fact give Ken his own agency. Just annoyed at round 47 of Steam on deck. :|

• Like 5

Nominations for Lead Actor and Lead Actress for this year’s Daytime Emmys were released a day early.

For Actress, Katherine Kelly Lang and Annika Noelle were nominated.  Notably absent is Jackie Wood.  I’m happy for KKL but she will probably lose again, perhaps to her onscreen daughter who I think is a pretty bad actress.

For Actor, Scott Clifton, Thorsten Kaye and John McCook.  I wouldn’t mind seeing McCook win but I really don’t like the other two.  I have no idea how Thorsten Kaye won last year… he is such a bad actor. 

• Like 5

I can't even recall the last major story KKL was even apart of? That schmoopy keyhole thing in Rome? Gag me with a spoon.

That said, better Annika Noelle than JMW.

John McCook had his meaty near death story which I hated about as much as Mintgate, but if they wanna give him an Emmy for it, I won't complain about it.

• Like 6
(edited)

Annika Noelle is ok but her shining moments were the Beth is Dead storyline and eventual reunion. She was robbed that year and I don't think even got nominated. That might have been the first year JMW won which was just a slap in the face!

Edited by Lilac2000
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

In the Supporting and Guest categories, only Jennifer Gareis (Supporting) and Ashley Jones (Guest) were recognised.

Both were great during the "Eric almost died" storyline.  I also think John McCook has a chance to win Lead Actor, if not him, it will surely be Scott Clifton, who Emmy seems to love.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I genuinely do not remember Ashley Jones doing all that much in that story, TBH.

It was short and sweet. She and Finn sparked over Eric's innards on the operating table. It was absurd. But oddly, she was one of the highlights of that story arc.

• Useful 1

I think Dick Van Dyke for sure will win the Guest Actor Emmy, but I'm happy that Ashley Jones was recognised.  Honestly, Bradley Bell treats her like shit.  From her Instagram posts, it always seems like she's so happy when Bradley deigns to call upon her.  She was so appreciative of all the fans who are always writing in and saying they want to see more Bridget.  It seems to me that she would love to be on contract again.

I would rather see Bridget than 75% of the current cast.  I'd love to have Bridget back full time and pair up with Finn.  But having Bridget around would take away the spotlight from Bradley's precious Jackie Wood, so I don't think it's going to happen.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

KKL deserves an Emmy for sticking with this mess, through thick and thin. 

Both GH and B&B have 2 lead actresses nominated, which can often split the votes. I haven't seen Days in forever, so can't comment on Tamara Braun but if Michelle Stafford wins... well, no one said life was fair. 

• Like 1

Annika Noelle is ok but her shining moments were the Beth is Dead storyline and eventual reunion. She was robbed that year and I don't think even got nominated. 

She was nominated in the Supporting Actress category that year, which I will always remember because she was literally in more episodes that year than any other actor from any of the 4 soaps.

• Useful 2
(edited)
On 4/20/2024 at 9:45 AM, blackwing said:

I would rather see Bridget than 75% of the current cast.  I'd love to have Bridget back full time and pair up with Finn.  But having Bridget around would take away the spotlight from Bradley's precious Jackie Wood, so I don't think it's going to happen.

I would too but from the shit ass writing we get, I fear whatever story she's given would ruin all the good will people have for her as one of the only characters in canon ever allowed to chose herself without begging for scraps and to stand up for herself without putting other women down (minus the three weeks she spent punishing Aggie for Nick's sins).

Knowing these jackwagons, they'd have Bridget taking Finn away from Hope, and I don't think I need to explain why THIS out of all Logan rivalries is especially cursed.

That said, it'd be cool to see her miracle baby Logan Knight appear down the road.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 4/21/2024 at 8:18 PM, Anna Yolei said:

That said, it'd be cool to see her miracle baby Logan Knight appear down the road.

I'm still waiting for Little D. Jeez, there's so many, like Felicia's kid... that's probably the one I'd like the most to return, along with his mother played by Leslie Kaye.

• Like 1

Saw this interview with Ashleigh Brewer, and one line jumped out at me. (Bolded by me):

Actually, there might be one thing that’s more fun: watching Ivy lock horns anew with Steffy. You’ll recall that in the past, their fights have left Ivy not only tumbling down a flight of stairs but electrocuted. “Steffy and Ivy have an interesting dynamic,” Brewer says, in so doing proving herself to be a master of understatement. “They know exactly how to push each other’s buttons.

“They’re blood relatives, so they’re quick to forgive,” she continues, “but they’re definitely not quick to forget.”

But, since she's Eric's niece, they're not actually blood relatives, are they?  

Also, I had totally forgotten that there were two separate incidents of Steffy almost killing Ivy. I had the electrocution and fall down the stairs mixed up into one incident in my memory. 

Bold & Beautiful Preview: Ashleigh Brewer Lets Loose On Ivy’s Imminent Explosions With Steffy and Hope — Plus, the Master Plan That May Light the Fuse!

• Like 2