Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

(edited)

I just saw the clip of Paris/Diamond White singing in the In Memoriam segment of the Daytime Emmys, and her voice is just...ok.  And I don't know WTF that pink pantsuit and that jewelry was all about.  I guess she likes dressing in strange outfits.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Given there's only 4 soaps to pull from, options are fairly limited, no? 

Yeah, at this point I think winning a Daytime Emmy is like getting a participation medal. Pretty much all you have to do is show up.

I just saw the clip of Paris/Diamond White singing in the In Memoriam segment of the Daytime Emmys, and her voice is just...ok.  And I don't know WTF that pink pantsuit and that jewelry was all about.  I guess she likes dressing in strange outfits.

Her voice certainly isn't worthy of all the emoting she was doing, IMO. The way she was carrying on you'd think she was Mary J. Blige or somebody. 🙄

But, every time I start to complain about how B&B shoehorns her singing into an episode for no real reason, I think of what Y&R did with Michael Damian and that tiresome Rock On cover of his, and what B&B did with Usher when he has trying to appeal to a wider audience. Thing is though, Paris being a singer is not a part of her characterization like it was with Damain's Danny or Usher's Raymond. So within the context of the show her singing reads a little like a minstrel act to me. Thumbs down.

Back to the Daytime Emmys, I didn't hate her outfit  because I've seen other singers dress like that lately but I wondered what was going on with her hair. Did she have two fake dreadlocks pinned over her ears?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Back to the Daytime Emmys, I didn't hate her outfit  because I've seen other singers dress like that lately but I wondered what was going on with her hair. Did she have two fake dreadlocks pinned over her ears?

Yes, I've seen other singers in strange outfits and I don't like them either.  But the jewelry is even worse and I don't know WTF those things are hanging from her ears. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

TK is supposed to be written out of storylines for an extended vacay according to an interview he did.  He wants time with his family.  So the end of Ridge and Brooke is coming to a theatre near you!  

Again?

• LOL 3

I wonder if they would “write out” TK in a place crash to free Brooke to hook up with another guy and then Ridge comes back alive?! Wait! That already happened, right? I guess he can go to the Milan office where everyone else ends up. I just thought they would need to create a better story for a long period time. This doesn’t sound like a two week getaway. It could be months or a year from what I understand.  Brooke would get bored without a man for that long. Discuss……

16 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It’s funny how I forgot all about Tyler Bell. I’ve watched B&B since Episode 1 and I think Pierson Fode’ was the best Thomas:

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/photos/through-the-ages-bbs-thomas/

For as long as he was on the show (like, a full 8 years!), B&B did surprisingly very little with his character or the actor. He got deflowered by Amber, had a quick green card marriage to Helen the maid's daughter and went psycho on Rick. He made JMW look like a thespian in comparison.

I can find things I enjoyed from all the Thomas actors, if even superficially (Adam Gregory was so damn pretty, but the acting...woof) but Drew Tyler Bell? Ain't it, Chief.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

For as long as he was on the show (like, a full 8 years!), B&B did surprisingly very little with his character or the actor. He got deflowered by Amber, had a quick green card marriage to Helen the maid's daughter and went psycho on Rick. He made JMW look like a thespian in comparison.

I can find things I enjoyed from all the Thomas actors, if even superficially (Adam Gregory was so damn pretty, but the acting...woof) but Drew Tyler Bell? Ain't it, Chief.

I always thought Adam Gregory was WB/CW material but I think he was too early. The last time I saw him was in a picture and he ruined his chest with some awful tattoo. It wasn’t a good look. I just checked and Gregory is only 33. I thought he would be in his 40’s now. He was on B&B from 2010-2014 and was replaced by Drew Tyler Bell who is now 35. Why is everyone still younger than me? Am I the only one aging?!?! LOL!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Useful 1

Not sure where else to put this, but Paramount/CBS nerfed all the B&B from between November 2020 and this past Thursday. One person called P+ and we're told it was an issue of copyright or licensing (I forget which)

I mean, nothing of value was lost IMO but I have no clue what could possibly be going on, seeing that CBS have the only platform to legally stream the show. What copyright issue would there be?

Removed original post since CountryGirl posted the link.

Yup, agreed that it's terrible she felt she has to keep it all to herself as she suffered through those losses alone without her casts support. Just can't imagine having to tell the wardrobe people that she can't wear white pants and having to come up with a reason why to not tell them the real reason :(

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 6

I'm an older millennial and while such discussions seem to have been somewhat more normalized amongst the very few of us who bother having children at all, it does still seem common practice for people to hold off announcements until the 12th week because of such situations.

And now I feel bad for ripping into her for all the baggy clothing she was wearing around that time. :(

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I should hate the red on principle but somehow, it works for them.

Sorry, but they look ridiculous.

I remember her as Sally, she was so full of energy, she was so compelling.

However, the guy who plays Michael is the human form of a sleeping pill!

Opposites attract.

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't watch much of Y&R but from what little I've seen of Sally, she comes across as kind of back stabbing with some people, and thirsty for the character Adam who doesn't seem to be that into her. 

Her supposed backstabbing led to that twit Summer leaving the show, so I consider that a win IMO. All the people who hate her there are cheaters, murderers, drunks or all three in Nikki's case so I hope she keeps on pissing them off! LOL!

She does have more of a back one that she had by the end of her run with B&B. If Adam ditches her for a shot at Sharon or Chelsea the human tribble, he's batshit....and he still would have treated her better than Wyatt ever did.

• Love 4

Well, I guess it was bound to happen. I’m sure a lot of it had to do with her plastic surgery and her last appearance. It looked like she could barely move around. It’s a shame because Hunter Tylo was smoking back in the day with Ron Moss. Heck! The “kids” they hired to play her children were hired because they looked like her. There is only a 9 year age difference between the two actresses. Not horrible I suppose in the scheme of things. TK is 55 and KKL is 60. That said, they said it was HT decision not to return. One really never knows.

https://ew.com/tv/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-taylor-hayes-hunter-tylo-krista-allen/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=6178983cafae350001516abb

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/bb-recasts-taylor-with-days-vet/

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 6

I can't imagine she'd be a worse recast than Thorston Kaye still remains for Ridge, but I'm more than willing to give it a shot. It's been beyond bonkers that Taylor hasn't been around for so many huge life events, including the births of all three grandchildren and all but one of Steffy's planned weddings. I could've seen Marie Wilson or Stacy Haiduk in the role if they weren't on Days or Nana Visitor if B&B were capable of writing something even close to the material she got as Kira Nerys on Deep Space Nine, but Taylor returning is welcomed nonetheless.

I do wonder how they'll write for Taylor from here on out, though. Will they lean in to her more recent batshit streak of the last fifteen years? Or will she be allowed to go back to the cool, calm and collected brand of hypocrisy she had in the 90s? Since Brooke has basically become as judgemental as Taylor usually is, maybe a role reversal is in order? 👀

It does seem like between resurrecting classic characters like Sheila, Deacon and now recasting Taylor that even Bill Bell realizes he's gotta get outta his COVID funk and do marginally better. Glad to see this one finally happening.

Edited by Anna Yolei
Missing word
  • Love 6

It's about dang time they brought Taylor and her special brand of whackadoo back to the show. Her continued absence, especially with baby Hayes and the return of Sheila,, screamed for a return and a recast, if HT wasn't willing to come back.

I remember KA from playing Billie on DOOL and liked her and she definitely looks like she could be the mother of Steffy and Thomas as well as looking a bit like her predecessor. 

Hopefully, Taylor returning will keep Brooke and Ridge outa Eric's business (unless, of course, Taylor decides to jump into the fray as she was involved with Eric previously).

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Artsda said:

I like KA, so interested to see where this goes especially with Ridge.

9 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I do wonder how they'll write for Taylor from here on out, though. Will they lean in to her more recent batshit streak of the last fifteen years? Or will she be allowed to go back to the cool, calm and collected brand of hypocrisy she had in the 90s? Since Brooke has basically become as judgemental as Taylor usually is, maybe a role reversal is in order? 👀

It does seem like between resurrecting classic characters like Sheila, Deacon and now recasting Taylor that even Bill Bell realizes he's gotta get outta his COVID funk and do marginally better. Glad to see this one finally happening.

I always rooted for Brooke and am a longtime Brooke apologist.  The Brooke/Taylor battles always had the element of Stephanie always being on Taylor's side, and as I disliked Stephanie, I have long disliked Taylor.  Will be interesting to see if they revisit the triangle.  At least it might give Brooke something more to do than be the interfering harpy that Stephanie and Taylor used to be.

But I'd rather see her take on Sheila.  Or make a play for Bill or Eric.  I'd love to see Katie and Quinn lose to her.

I am kind of surprised to hear that it was Hunter Tylo's decision not to return.  You would think that at her age, jobs aren't easy to come by, and this is an iconic character and role that she is so closely identified with.  But I guess she didn't want to work with the producers anymore.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

The Brooke/Taylor battles always had the element of Stephanie always being on Taylor's side

Oh yeah, that's another new element. I remember Taylor absolutely flipped her shit when Brooke was at Stephanie's death bed, wasn't she?

That "friendship" was always toxic as fuck as Stephanie had no use for Taylor either in the beginning. I seem to remember Stephanie encouraging Brooke to tell Ridge about baby Bridget to stop Tridge wedding #1 and only coming around on Taylor once she seemed to accept Eric moving on from both her AND Brooke.

1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I am kind of surprised to hear that it was Hunter Tylo's decision not to return.  You would think that at her age, jobs aren't easy to come by, and this is an iconic character and role that she is so closely identified with.  But I guess she didn't want to work with the producers anymore.

There's been rumors of poor health for years so I suspect it was more that than anything else. I dunno how close she still was to ex husband Michael Tylo from whom she takes her stage name but I imagine that hasn't been easy for her and their children either.

• Love 7

I hadn't thought of KA (my suggestion was Noelle Beck), but she has the right look and, unlike Thorsten Kaye, has been a recast before. She will play ball.

I do think they should use this opportunity to move Taylor closer to her previous self. It's just better for story overall to have her be a flawed but viable character instead of a loon. Honestly, I wonder how much of Taylor's direction in recent years had to do with Tylo hacking up her face and the writers kind of taking that out on her in the writing ("Hunter looks bizarre now, let's make Taylor bizarre") - which might be why Tylo does not want to return.

Hopefully they also take the opportunity to move Brooke away from what she's been the last few months, too. Give her a real storyline and not this obsessing over Quinn nonsense.

• Love 9

Whatever minimal talent Hunter Tylo used to have disappeared a long time ago. Her last appearance on B&B begging Steffy to convince Bill not to charge her with shooting him was cringeworthy. Her fake crying and repetition of her lines was almost unwatchable. So glad she’s not coming back!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Whatever minimal talent Hunter Tylo used to have disappeared a long time ago.

B&B would never be confused with The Actors Studio, but sometimes the writers craft stories that highlight the actor's strengths.  HT was never Meryl Streep, but she wasn't bad playing even-tempered, low-key scenes during her first run.  I was a huge fan of hers and her characters before the writers fucked that up too.  Then the stupid writers wrote stories that required drunken histrionics and irrational behaviors, which were not in HT's wheelhouse.  So when another poster hoped the new re-cast would be more like Taylor The Early Days, I had to agree.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

I just thought of another reason HT wouldn't return and I feel so gossipy, but whatever. She and onetime BFF KB had a falling out years ago so I can't imagine she'd want to be on set with her now.

Is this new actress any good?

I have HT's book, "Making a Miracle," which came out around the time her last baby was born and she was suing Aaron Spelling.

I am too lazy to dig out the book, but I believe she had the falling out with KB because KB and her husband, Gary Pelzer, sided with Michael Tylo in the divorce. HT started bringing these huge bodyguards to work with her at CBS. (Why? I have no idea.) KB responded by hiring a couple of midgets to her security.

HT's life has been a string of one misfortune after the other. Deaths, divorces, bad relationships, lawsuits, a child with cancer, her house burned down, etc., etc.  Not to mention the horrible horrible plastic surgery. It seemed like she had a pretty stable life growing up in Texas, from what I recall reading. She was close to her mother and sister. But she seemed pretty unhinged like she had a very short temper, was very jealous and emotional and she and Michael drank a LOT. 

The last time I saw HT on TV was about 4-5 years ago when she and Donna Mills and some other soap actresses did a short-lived show about some soap opera actresses who teamed together to create their own series. (Yes. This was as bad as it sounds.) The ladies were making individual audition reels and during HT's she just collapsed and fell to the ground. She exclaimed that she had a broken hip AND broken elbow. She was carted away in an ambulance and that was the last she was seen and heard of. The show continued and several times, Donna Mills said she reached out to HT to see how she was doing and received no response.

Also, during that show, there was some scenes of the actresses' home life. HT was married to some macho thuggish guy who was a good deal younger than her. I recall he was very chauvinistic and seemed borderline emotionally and mentally abusive. 

I remember HT also mentioned having a hip replaced (Been there. Done that.), which coincides with her using a cane during her last appearances on B&B.

While I wasn't fond of either the character or actress, I hope HT is OK.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

Is this new actress any good?

This really is short and does not show much - and keep in mind it is from the mid '90s, but here is a short scene with Krista Allen's version of Billie Reed on Days with her mother, Kate Roberts (played by another former B&B actress, Lauren Koslow). And another with a bit more to it with Billie and her brother, Austin Reed, below the first. And finally, a scene where Billie leaves Bo Brady.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Honestly, I wonder how much of Taylor's direction in recent years had to do with Tylo hacking up her face and the writers kind of taking that out on her in the writing ("Hunter looks bizarre now, let's make Taylor bizarre") - which might be why Tylo does not want to return.

At the time, I could've sworn I read somewhere that this change in direction was at her request because she was tired of being the good girl....which could've been a compelling story for a woman who lost years of her life and finds her husband with her nemesis and the life she was robbed of, but boy did B&B zig at every opportunity that they could've zagged. :|

• Love 2