Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

I watched Celebrity Wife Swap. I couldn't resist.

Alright, I don't know what's in a Ronn-uccino, but I know I sure as hell do not want to drink one. 2 parts cappuccino, 1 part purple scarf?

It was breaking my heart to see the real Ridge. Man, does he need to touch up his roots. Even so, he's a sight for sore eyes.

So Devin says, to the other soap guy, regarding social media, "I'm going to help you the way I've helped Ronn." - !!!!! And then she wrapped him in scarves!!!

Well, it is nice to see Ronn and Devin seeming so perfect together. Good for them.

• Love 3
So Devin says, to the other soap guy, regarding social media, "I'm going to help you the way I've helped Ronn." - !!!!! And then she wrapped him in scarves!!!

When she said that, I was thinking "if Tyler's ever read her Twitter page, he's thinking, 'no, God, no, please don't "help" me the same way you've helped Ronn.'"

• Love 3

When she said that, I was thinking "if Tyler's ever read her Twitter page, he's thinking, 'no, God, no, please don't "help" me the same way you've helped Ronn.'"

So much WORD to this!  Every time that woman has gone on Twitter and other social media, she constantly shows that the only class she had was when she attended school.  Several times over the years, she has "helped" Ronn into some really bad situations with fans and his former employers.  She complained and bashed some of his costars, including, but not limited to Jack Wagner, whom she evidently felt was eclipsing poor Ronn as the show's romantic lead.  She has even openly complained about Ronn's replacement.  It's one thing for fans to do it, but it's another thing for Devin to do it, as it comes across as sour grapes.

I won't even touch on their wedding site, where they actually solicited gifts from Ronn's fans, including his-and-her manicures and pedicures and other treats.

• Love 4

I wasn't sure what I thought of that episode. I couldn't tell if Ronn was putting on an act or if he really is that much of an asshole in real life! It appeared that it wasn't that much of a stretch for him to portray Ridge. LOL!

I was surprised that I liked Devin as much as I did. She handled that little boy very well. ITA that Tyler Christopher should recoil in horror at the thought of her managing his social media activities.

It was a welcome sight to see Ronn. I don't like TK at all.

• Love 2

I wasn't sure what I thought of that episode. I couldn't tell if Ronn was putting on an act or if he really is that much of an asshole in real life! It appeared that it wasn't that much of a stretch for him to portray Ridge. LOL!

I was surprised that I liked Devin as much as I did. She handled that little boy very well. ITA that Tyler Christopher should recoil in horror at the thought of her managing his social media activities.

It was a welcome sight to see Ronn. I don't like TK at all.

I wholeheartedly agree with every point in your post. And, I didn't want to say it, but it made me think that Ridge is sort of a step up for RM personality-wise. Still happy to see him, though.

• Love 1

I didn't see any mention of this in the main thread, and I suppose it better fits here.  But did you know that Obama nominated Colleen Bell, wife of Bradley, to be the ambassador to Hungary?  She had a confirmation hearing earlier this year before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that was disastrous.  It was clear she knows absolutely nothing about the country.  Her only qualification is that she is a big time fundraiser for Obama.

She was nominated last November, and still hasn't been confirmed.  The media has had a huge backlash against the qualifications of Colleen Bell and the ambassador nominees for Argentina and Norway.  I'm wondering if she does get confirmed, and I suppose that's a big if, that means she has to move to Hungary, right?  Any chance that she would take Bradley with her and then the show can have a new producer?  Here's hoping.

I was googling about her because it was only just the other day that I noticed they listed her a Producer, which must be fairly recent, within the last year or so.

I think this only matters to his opposition, and doesn't matter to the opposition when they did or do exactly the same thing. 

Well, IMO, it matters here, because it is very evident that she is not at all qualified.  I read news reports about her confirmation hearing and watched some of it today.  She delivers a very carefully well-crafted opening remark, which was almost certainly written for her by others.  She doesn't even look at the Senators when she delivers them.  For eight minutes she is just reading from the pages in front of her.

She didn't look as bad as the nominee to Norway, but she still came across as a bit unqualified.  She's a TV producer and a mother.  She's had no experience in politics or foreign relations.  Not at all sure how she is even remotely qualified.

http://www.foreign.senate.gov/hearings/nomination-01-16-2014

Yeah sorry, no offence intended.  I just find it strange and odd.  Why would a successful TV producer with no experience or real interest in politics want to move halfway around the world to be the figurehead of the United States in a country many Americans sadly probably couldn't even identify on a map?  She is married into one of the royal families of daytime TV and is a co-producer of one of the most watched television programmes in the world.  Seems like she already has it all.  Maybe she's just bored.  I wish I was as "bored" as her!

Ronnnn Mess apparently sees the Ridge recast as a sign of disrespect and a betrayal:  http://www.tvweeklogieawards.com.au/soap-extra/articles/2014/8/ronn-moss-why-i-will-never-go-back-to-bold/

I'm sorry, but Ronnnnn Mess needs to get over himself.  I realize that the show's very first scene began with the Ridge character, but he CHOSE to leave.  What if he died suddenly or after a long illness?  If the EP and writers chose to recast the role, then what?  Would he have made demands from beyond the grave?  I could see why he feels "disrespected," but a betrayal?  Puh-leeze!  He doesn't OWN the character of "Ridge" and never did.  When he chose to leave, he gave up having any say whatsoever in how the character is written or portrayed.   Frankly, I would have preferred that the role not have been recast at all and that TK was brought on as a new character.  If Ronnnnn is concerned about TK's portrayal of Ridge, then he can rest assured that the character is just as loathsome and arrogant as ever.  The only thing missing is the invisible umbilical cord attached to Stephanie.

Besides, didn't Mr. Mess make it clear on numerous occasions that this show was not his number one priority and that he wanted more time to pursue his music?  Well, go pursue it, Ronnnnnn!  Either do that, or go somewhere and take several seats and take those sour grapes with you!

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 6

I agree.  He chose to leave, says he doesn't want to be in Hollywood anymore, and he doesn't miss the work.  Yet he feels that, with all of that being the case, he had the right to demand that they not re-cast the role?  It's absolutely his prerogative to not want to do the job any more, but that doesn't mean the show is beholden to him to never use his character again. 

He needs to get over himself. 

• Love 3

Ronnnn Mess apparently sees the Ridge recast as a sign of disrespect and a betrayal: http://www.tvweeklogieawards.com.au/soap-extra/articles/2014/8/ronn-moss-why-i-will-never-go-back-to-bold/

I'm sorry, but Ronnnnn Mess needs to get over himself. I realize that the show's very first scene began with the Ridge character, but he CHOSE to leave. What if he died suddenly or after a long illness? If the EP and writers chose to recast the role, then what? Would he have made demands from beyond the grave? I could see why he feels "disrespected," but a betrayal? Puh-leeze! He doesn't OWN the character of "Ridge" and never did. When he chose to leave, he gave up having any say whatsoever in how the character is written or portrayed. Frankly, I would have preferred that the role not have been recast at all and that TK was brought on as a new character. If Ronnnnn is concerned about TK's portrayal of Ridge, then he can rest assured that the character is just as loathsome and arrogant as ever. The only thing missing is the invisible umbilical cord attached to Stephanie.

Besides, didn't Mr. Mess make it clear on numerous occasions that this show was not his number one priority and that he wanted more time to pursue his music? Well, go pursue it, Ronnnnnn! Either do that, or go somewhere and take several seats and take those sour grapes with you!

Seconding all of this. The guy should be grateful for the opportunity Bell Sr. gave him. Lord knows no other television show would have casted his hammy/wooden ass.

What's funny is some years ago, one of the soap mags did a "Then and Now" dpread with a few actors, including Moss. Aside from a couple of grey streaks that the shoe polish missed,* the 2007 photo was almost identical to the one from '87. Just WTAF. Grow up, Ronn.

*Although. I far prefer the shoe polish to that one time in '06 when he tried to pull the salt-and-pepper look off, and had a goatee to boot. A silver fox he isn't. :/

• Love 1

No thanks to Thomas, I never cared much for him. If anything, I wish they'd find a way to bring Phoebe back.  And as much as I didn't care for Steffy, I wouldn't mind seeing her back (for me as a "love to hate" character).

I do agree about seeing Dayzee back, however.  I feel like the show left her negative feelings toward Maya basically unresolved, and I'd like to see her reaction to Golddigger!Maya.

I don't think Dayzee's feelings toward Maya were unresolved.  She actually apologized to Maya for being a hater and encouraged Maya to let Rick know that she still loved him (while Rick was simultaneously proposing to Caroline).  But I do think that her reaction to Maya now would be great.

• Love 1

Speaking of Phoebe, I saw the preview of "Into the Woods," where Mac Mauzy was appropriately casted as Rapunzel. This is the first time since the 90s that anyone from this show's been cast in a major film. I was already headed to the movies on Christmas anyway for "Annie," so I'll make it a double feature!

• Love 2

So I'm watching the Soup and they are doing the countdown of the top clips from 2014.  Ron Moss just took home 27 thru 29.  I could have gone my whole life not knowing he did an episode of Celebrity Wife Swap.  I really do not appreciate it that I kept flipping away because there is not brain bleach that makes it go away and when I click back, he's the next clip and the next clip and shirtless and creepier.

I'm having flashbacks to when he used to be on the show and wore speedos constantly.  I'd almost forgotten that.  So, thanks Joel McHale.

• Love 4

So I'm watching the Soup and they are doing the countdown of the top clips from 2014.  Ron Moss just took home 27 thru 29.  I could have gone my whole life not knowing he did an episode of Celebrity Wife Swap.  I really do not appreciate it that I kept flipping away because there is not brain bleach that makes it go away and when I click back, he's the next clip and the next clip and shirtless and creepier.

I'm having flashbacks to when he used to be on the show and wore speedos constantly.  I'd almost forgotten that.  So, thanks Joel McHale.

I saw that episode of CWS.  He was super creepy.  At one point, it seemed like he thought they were going to go full bore with the "wife swap" theme. It was so icky. 

He came across as a full-on dick in that episode. I still can't figure out if he was acting in a manner that he thought the audience believed he was IRL, or if that is how he behaves in general. It was a sad testament when I came out liking Devyn, his wife, better than him -- given her reputation.

• Love 2

Same here.  Given her Twitter meltdown over the Ridge recast, I was fully expecting to hate her, but she was the second most likable person in that episode, behind Tyler's wife (third most likable if you count Tyler's son). 

LG looked pretty good in the Daytime Emmy pictures I've seen online.  (I don't have the cable channel the show is on.)

ETA: B&B seems to be doing okay in the writing and directing categories. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 1
(edited)

This is a fantastic interview with KM. What an inspiration she is http://hydrogen-mag.com/archives/28000 It's nice to see good things happening to good people. As well, here is an interview with Janet Mock for the "It Gets Better" initiative. Janet Mock interviewed Karla Mosley regarding her storyline on B&B and it sounds like it was an incredible interview. I've been trying to find it but had no luck.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I had to laugh at what I saw on B&B's Twitter..."Do u remember when Maya 1st landed in LA?" Well, if we don't, they show enough flashbacks to make sure we do :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
(edited)

I was screwing around on twitter and came across this from Jennifer Gareis

Jennifer Gareis ‏@JenniferGareis Apr 27

I met @Jacob_W_Young his 1st day of work decades ago. He's still that sweet boy!

JY is so good at playing an insufferable jerk, so I'm glad to see that there's at least one person out there who can say he isn't one in real life :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

JG's still on contract? It's seem like ages since she's been on the show. I can't think of any appearance since Katie's wedding but admittedly, I watch pretty sporadically these days.

That's Jennifer Gareis right? Yeah she hasn't been on since the wedding. No surprise that she adores JY, KM was saying he's one of the kindest souls out there which is why it's so hysterical they're making Rick such an angerball lately. But he sells it.

• Love 2

Rick, Steffy, and Maya were in Europe for something the Golden Nymph Awards  Karla Mosley looks beautiful!

10403545_847047755374494_528743637645159

11406843_847023272043609_260101911446511

11406774_846945535384716_285154687573945

11062680_846172112128725_245452377996215

In the above picture Jacqueline with boyfriend Daren Kagasoff, Jacob and his wife Christen & Karla with husband Jeremiah.

I got these from the B&B Online fan page on facebook. 

• Love 4

Last night's episode of The Soup showed a clip of that ridiculous Liam and Steffy scene with the toy parachutes. (Can you say "product placement"?) They showed a few seconds of the scene and then Joel McHale (the host) made up some pretend dialogue: "Whoops, one of the parachuters fell into your vagina! Let me try to take it out with my penis!" He ended the bit by making a comment which, I'm not sure, either suggested that SC resembles a low-rent Chris Pratt or that Steffy looks like a reanimated dinosaur. The people at B&B must be thrilled.

• Love 4

I know JMW gets ragged on a bit for whatever she's done to her face, but...those pics at the awards? She looks good! She's wearing a lot less heavy makeup than she usually does, and it fits her.

• Love 4