Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

I dug up this old interview with TK & HT.  He even admits himself that he doesn't do what the script tells him to!

Heather and I have been on the same show before, but not at the same time.  So, I have been chasing her for awhile.  It’s fun to work with someone who puts the script first.  I think there is a reason she has five Daytime Emmys … and I have none! (Laughs)

http://web.archive.org/web/20140320050011/http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/the-bold-and-the-beautiful/the-thorsten-kaye-and-heather-tom-interview-the-bold-and-the-beautiful/2014/03/11/

I found this link, by the way, from the TWoP archives, it's fun to be nostalgic...

http://web.archive.org/web/20140330003051/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/394840-the-bold-and-the-beautiful/

• Love 4

ByTor, thanks for telling link to the TWOP archived thread! Good times! 

This quote from 2004 when Brooke was pregnant with RJ (whom was then presumed DJ)  is particularly noteworthy:

No offense intended, but Ridge has been the one obsessed, Ridge came to the jail, Ridge came to the wedding, Ridge has constantly WHINED about 'his Logan" like he owned her, Ridge tried to force Nick to give up his child, Ridge constantly visited Nick's boat threatening him, Ridge broke into Nick's office and computer. Looks to me like RIDGE is the one obsessed, Nick is trying hard to take care of his child and the woman who's carrying it. Nick even told Ridge the stress was too much on Brooke, yet RIDGE kept carrying on. Ridge needs his ass whooped, and soon. I hope they're setting things up for a murder mystery and he ends up getting shot and put into a coma for about six months.

Oh,B&B. The more things change, the more Ridge remains the worst person on the show. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

No wonder Steffy's wedding dress was brought up. It was part of the exhibit CBS is doing for #1 for 30.

Is it bad that I think JMW looks like a Toussard wax figure?

I truly did think that was a mannequin!

• Love 7

Did they have no other wedding dress in the entire B&B plethora of dresses to showcase? Even if someone other than Steffy wore the damn thing, it was nothing to write home about. What about showing Caroline I's first wedding dress, or one of Brooke's (I was always partial to the orange-flecked one she wore in 2006 to that wedding Ridge crashed)? 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Did they have no other wedding dress in the entire B&B plethora of dresses to showcase? Even if someone other than Steffy wore the damn thing, it was nothing to write home about. What about showing Caroline I's first wedding dress, or one of Brooke's (I was always partial to the orange-flecked one she wore in 2006 to that wedding Ridge crashed)? 

You can see next to JMW that they have other weddings in the display (Bill and Brooke's Dubai wedding) so I wouldn't be surprised if they had other costumes on display.

Taylor and Caroline 1.0's dresses were the bomb for sure. As was Brooke's dress for her marriage to Eric.

I adore this tweet:

• Love 2

Unpopular opinion: while a lotta folks loved KKL's pixie cut in the late 90s, I was never much a fan. I liked the style she had with the bangs shortly before she had it cut (or before the producers allowed her to wear it short on the show and not a wig....whichever).

That said, I like long, stringy hair even less. Homegirl needs to a bob or get extentions into her own hair. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Unpopular opinion: while a lotta folks loved KKL's pixie cut in the late 90s, I was never much a fan. I liked the style she had with the bangs shortly before she had it cut (or before the producers allowed her to wear it short on the show and not a wig....whichever).

That said, I like long, stringy hair even less. Homegirl needs to a bob or get extentions into her own hair. 

She'd look so good with a nice bob that hits about halfway between the chin and collarbone.  

• Love 4

For some reason, I had the thought that it was KKL, not the show, that insisted on the too-long, overly-blonde hair.  (Look at all of the horrible hair don'ts JMW has gotten way with over the years.) I remember her most recent "drastic" haircut which was when Brooke and Thomas were in Paris for some reason and her hair was a bit shorter and blunt cut/bob with kind of side-swept bangs. (Think it's the 'do referred to above -- not the pixie.) It looked great on her; very chic and age appropriate.  I distinctly remember when some reference to "Brooke's Paris haircut" were made and KKL looked none too happy. I also read once where she said (paraphrasing) the Brooke's character just feels like she should have long hair. Her hair looked a little bit better today like it had a lot more volume. However, I can't stand her technique of dividing her hair in the back and pulling it all over the front of her shoulders. It looks ridiculous from the back.  So, yeah. If it's gotta be long hair, then at least put some volumizing extensions in it and PLEASE add some lowlights or something to soften that harsh yellow blonde. KKL is far too beautiful to be dragged down (literally) by less-than-flattering hair.

• Love 4

KKL's hair in the "Stephanie & Jack" clip in the retro thread looked really good.  I understand hair thins out with age, but I think that length would look good on her now.  It's not very long, but it's certainly not short.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm guessing it's ghost Aly (Ashlyn Pearce) who will be paying a visit.

The only capacity I could see for this is her haunting Steffy, or haunting Ivy to go fuck with Steffy. I pass.

Assuming it's about Matula, please let the character be grown up and over Liam and Steffy and that middle school bullocks, if only because no character needs to have THREE women clamoring for him at once. Not even Ridge pulled that off.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

The only capacity I could see for this is her haunting Steffy, or haunting Ivy to go fuck with Steffy. I pass.

Assuming it's about Matula, please let the character be grown up and over Liam and Steffy and that middle school bullocks, if only because no character needs to have THREE women clamoring for him at once. Not even Ridge pulled that off.

Yes. If it is her, let's see a grown up Hope with something new to do. After watching her on the most recent (and overall terrible) season of Unrea, Matula can pull it off if there's a story. But these writers only seem to know how to write triangles.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I hope she comes home matured and with some really hot guy she met overseas.  Oh, and she doesn't spare Liam a glance, maybe beyond saying that she's realized that he and Steffy really do belong together, and that her relationship with him was a youthful infatuation.  

• Love 4

Actually, it just occurred to be that, as a bit of a wild card, maaaaaaaaybe it could be Mackenzie Mauzy playing Ghost Phoebe and letting Steffy know she's pregnant or something? The piss poor casting notwithstanding, Mauzy was a decent actress who got really shafted on garbage stories.

I'd prefer that to either of the other two scenarios.

• Love 1

I came across a series of these little interviews on YouTube.

They just kind of reassured me about JMW.  LOL!  I was getting to the point where I was really mixing up my despising the character with the actress. Enjoy!

• Love 2

IKR? There were a couple other similar but much shorter interview clips with her from Monte Carlo. It was more or less the same thing, how she appreciates her fans and keeps in touch with them via social media and how cool Monte Carlo was.  It was fairly obvious that B&Bs PR people gave her (and the rest) talking points, but she seems very sincere. Girlfriend also goes all out for the crazy hair and makeup. In each interview, she had a completely different look; hair, makeup and clothes. The final results ranged from very pretty to OMG!

Oh, well.  I still hate Steffy.  But after this week's shows, I finally had to give myself a reality check. LOL!

• Love 1

I like the brown leather dress (Why is the belt 9 feet long?), but the try-hard matching suede heels and Hermes bag was too monochrome.

Jacqueline-MacInnes-Wood:-The-Bold-and-t

The black gown with floor-dragging sleeves was awful. 

c4c3c386c16f3bec31c3eb07ad897010.jpg

The Balmain was fug when it first staggered down the catwalk, but when you add the vinyl "Invisible" pumps ... Yeesh! Sleeves too long and stop with the matching purses, you silly hobgoblin!

jacqueline-macinnes-wood-tv-series-party

Though nothing beats the Balmain monstrosity she wore for a summer media event for CBS ...

jacqueline-macinnes-wood-cbs-cw-showtime

Oy! Wear all the trends in one canter down the red carpet -- Velvet, tassels, fringe, sequins, two-strap sandals, illusion netting embellished bodice and waist cutouts, embroidery, nude lipstick, blotchy fake-and-bake tan, nearly-white nailpolish, Instagram eyebrows -- IT BURNS!!!!!

• Love 3

I like that JWM seems to embody her TV parents off screen, from Tylo's plastic surgery and apparently Ronn Moss....er, adventurous fashion sense. 

i kid, I kid! :p

13 hours ago, tessaray said:

Now I feel cheated.  A Steffy more like the actress would be so much easier to watch.  Or root for, something I don't think I've ever considered when it comes to Steffy. 

Agreed. I feel the same way about Scott Clifton as well, who seems like he enjoys his work and is familiar with the tropes of soaps. JMW too seems to be grateful to her audience, and I feel genuinely bad that they don't at least try to let either of their characters grow even a smidgeon.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 2

BWAH!  HA!  Our very own B&B Fashion Police! I LOVE IT.

kim-kardashian-at-mtv-video-music-awards-2015-in-los-angeles_5_thumbnail.jpg

"Bitch stole my look." 

Also, JMW needs to be very careful with the Balmain. She's encroaching on Kardashian territory. (However, I have to admit that JMW looks far better in those styles than KKW.)

Edited by grisgris
I have no idea who designed Kim's hideous dress, but she and her mini-me Kylie love Balmain.
  • Love 4
On 10/11/2016 at 6:40 PM, grisgris said:

Ha! Ha! Ha! That doesn't look like the same dress. The wedding dress has a halter/racer top with sheer insets, then cut-outs at the midriff and in the back. I couldn't find it on WordonTV. Hmm ....

4acdf77dafa97ae902b60e5f9923d2e8.jpg

Hipster gotta' pee pose in a fug dress for any occasion.

Liam is his usual lumber-sexual self.

• Love 4
On 11/5/2016 at 7:40 PM, grisgris said:

Also, JMW needs to be very careful with the Balmain. She's encroaching on Kardashian territory.

It actually appears that she's actively trying to look like Kim Kardashian.

• Love 2
On 11/5/2016 at 6:40 PM, grisgris said:

BWAH!  HA!  Our very own B&B Fashion Police! I LOVE IT.

kim-kardashian-at-mtv-video-music-awards-2015-in-los-angeles_5_thumbnail.jpg

"Bitch stole my look." 

Also, JMW needs to be very careful with the Balmain. She's encroaching on Kardashian territory. (However, I have to admit that JMW looks far better in those styles than KKW.)

Sorry about that.

Balmain has been an over-designed eyesore for about 4 years, and the Kardashian's parading for every bowel movement in their schmatta only sells more wear-all-the-trends, over-embellished crud to people who have too much money and don't know any better.

• Love 1

Whoa! I stand corrected about Steffy's fug Aspen wedding dress.  I don't know why it looked so different to me.  I stand that it looked a lot better on Ivy, except that overall, I think Ivy looked worse (if that's possible) in the faux-Steffy get-up.

Kim Kardashian doesn't have the body type for Balmain clothes. She's just too short and curvy. I know she's lost a lot of weight and toned up after having little what's-his-name, but those bodycon minis don't work for her. Kyle looks a little better because she's slightly taller and not as busty (at least right now.)

Holy hell! Are do those sleeves on Balmain Exhibit #2 have zippers? That dress looks like an ugly tablecloth from an fortuneteller booth.

On 11/5/2016 at 1:08 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

I like the brown leather dress (Why is the belt 9 feet long?), but the try-hard matching suede heels and Hermes bag was too monochrome.

Jacqueline-MacInnes-Wood:-The-Bold-and-t

The black gown with floor-dragging sleeves was awful. 

c4c3c386c16f3bec31c3eb07ad897010.jpg

The Balmain was fug when it first staggered down the catwalk, but when you add the vinyl "Invisible" pumps ... Yeesh! Sleeves too long and stop with the matching purses, you silly hobgoblin!

jacqueline-macinnes-wood-tv-series-party

Though nothing beats the Balmain monstrosity she wore for a summer media event for CBS ...

jacqueline-macinnes-wood-cbs-cw-showtime

Oy! Wear all the trends in one canter down the red carpet -- Velvet, tassels, fringe, sequins, two-strap sandals, illusion netting embellished bodice and waist cutouts, embroidery, nude lipstick, blotchy fake-and-bake tan, nearly-white nailpolish, Instagram eyebrows -- IT BURNS!!!!!

Check it out y'all, poor child has mismatched knees, this explains the Galumphing style of running! 

• Love 3