Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

Is it a TV movie or big screen? Either way, I wish her the best and am delighted for her!! See, there is life after B&B.

Indeed there is, just ask Mackenzie Mauzy after TIIC inexplicably decided to kill Phoebe off.

Ashlyn Pierce I'm sure will have even fewer problems given she's easily one of the best young actresses they've had on this show since Jennifer Finnigan. I'm glad for her that she's picking up parts so quickly.

• Love 2

Indeed there is, just ask Mackenzie Mauzy after TIIC inexplicably decided to kill Phoebe off.

Ashlyn Pierce I'm sure will have even fewer problems given she's easily one of the best young actresses they've had on this show since Jennifer Finnigan. I'm glad for her that she's picking up parts so quickly.

She has her modeling as well. Not only will she not have a problem, she's likely better off :)

JMW has removed the extensions, and she looks so nice!  I pray to the soap hair gods that she leaves them out.  https://www.instagram.com/p/BDG9xRKqXcE/?taken-by=jacquelinemwood_1

All she needs to do is get that color fixed. I get the ombre look, but hers (IMO) is out of control :)
  • Love 1

She has her modeling as well. Not only will she not have a problem, she's likely better off :)

All she needs to do is get that color fixed. I get the ombre look, but hers (IMO) is out of control :)

And her face...

• Love 2

Both she and Caroline look overly botoxed!  They get injected between the eyebrows so no furrow, under the brow so no sagging under the eyebrow and it looks super arched and they inject beside the eye for the laugh lines!  I saw Todd Chrisley get that done on his reality show.

• Love 2

SC, RS, TK, PF, and LG were on The Talk today. (Which seemed like it had been recorded maybe several days or even a week ago because some of the things they referred to were a little dated.) The B&B gang all looked great and were funny. IMO LG seemed a bit full of herself though and kind of an attention hog. She was dressed rather inappropriately and one of the co-hosts called her out on it. RS seemed subdued but I guess maybe that's because she's not actually a raving psychopath IRL, LOL. They didn't say anything about the Ridge/Caroline/Thomas or Liam/Quinn storylines that we don't already know.

• Love 1

^^^ Yes, it was fun seeing them as themselves...and I totally agree that LG is a camera hog. In fact, I could have sworn that Rena was rolling her eyes at LG because LG's antics almost appeared as if she were high on something. It was Sharon Osbourne who called LG out on her short shorts saying something to the effect off "...did you forget your pants?"

• Love 1

LG also used her drunken teenager voice and manner that she employs with her Daddy/Husband, and it's even more annoying when in a normal setting.  On the other hand, I thought Pierson Fode looked incredibly handsome and well dressed, and seemed to be a very nice young man.  Both RS and SC were exactly as I imagined they would be off screen; they were both pleasant and engaged.

• Love 2
(edited)

LG also used her drunken teenager voice and manner that she employs with her Daddy/Husband, and it's even more annoying when in a normal setting. On the other hand, I thought Pierson Fode looked incredibly handsome and well dressed, and seemed to be a very nice young man. Both RS and SC were exactly as I imagined they would be off screen; they were both pleasant and engaged.

Now everyone knows I'm no big fan of Caroline but having recently been hit by a car I'm willing to cut LG some slack after all the crazy things she's been through. It takes its toll and it must be hard not to believe that the Grim Reaper is out to get her. Maybe she's just made a commitment to live life to the full?

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

I can't stand the way LG smiles with her teeth pressed together and then tries to talk.  She seemed erractic on the show and the shorts seemed out of place for a tv and then she slouches on the stool pushing her legs forward...just seemed odd and very unclassy.

• Love 1

Like I said she's been through some shit, maybe it's affecting her. A car mowing you down really fucks up your worldview, never mind cancer.

That, and her BF (the guy that plays Noah on Y&R) and she broke up shortly after the accident, before their son was even a year old. That is so much for one person to deal with.

Like I said she's been through some shit, maybe it's affecting her

Yup, it's affecting her alright...and not in a good way. Hopefully she gains some self-awareness soon.

That is so much for one person to deal with

Professionals learn to deal with their stuff all the time. I didn't watch the show, but I heard that the girl who played a lead character in "Grease Live" lost a parent within hours of the show going live. Now THAT'S a professional!

• Love 2

Now everyone knows I'm no big fan of Caroline but having recently been hit by a car I'm willing to cut LG some slack after all the crazy things she's been through. It takes its toll and it must be hard not to believe that the Grim Reaper is out to get her. Maybe she's just made a commitment to live life to the full?

Do you mean after HER being recently hit by a car or are you saying you were too? If so, I hope you're ok!

• Love 3

Do you mean after HER being recently hit by a car or are you saying you were too? If so, I hope you're ok!

Me too unfortunately. Thanks! I got away with an MCL sprain and broken glasses I'll have to do some rehab on one leg. I was very lucky :)

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

TK was loose and funny but a bit dignified. He came across like "the elder statesman" to me. I thought I caught a touch of annoyance with the way LG was acting but I could've just been reading more into it. None of them said more than a couple of sentences except SC who seemed to be regarded as "the star".

Yup, it's affecting her alright...and not in a good way. Hopefully she gains some self-awareness soon.

Professionals learn to deal with their stuff all the time. I didn't watch the show, but I heard that the girl who played a lead character in "Grease Live" lost a parent within hours of the show going live. Now THAT'S a professional!

Self awareness as in? She needs to talk less on shows where she is a guest? I don't really get how she came across so bad. I thought she was great!

And yes Vanessa Hudgens was great going Live! On Grease hours after her father passed away.

• Love 1

Well, some of us thought her behavior was erratic. As she almost slithered off her chair, even one of her co-stars did a little eye-rolling. If you find her silliness enjoyable and/or entertaining, then we obviously see things differently.

• Love 3

Well, some of us thought her behavior was erratic. As she almost slithered off her chair, even one of her co-stars did a little eye-rolling. If you find her silliness enjoyable and/or entertaining, then we obviously see things differently.

It was almost like she was on something like a relaxant of some kind.  And thanks for using that word slither because it describes her slithering down her chair with legs outstretched and shorts right up to her crotch!  

• Love 2

Maybe she is still on some type of pain PRN meds from the car accident?

Wouldn't surprise me.  With the kind of injuries she had, no matter how good the doctors were, she will likely always be in pain.  It may vary day to day or with the weather or her activity level, etc, but it will always be there.  We were rear-ended by a drunk driver when I was 16, and I'm 43 now, and the pain in my shoulder never went away.  I was the rare teenager who could predict the weather based on how her shoulder felt.  I have to take pain meds regularly now, because of some other health issues, and there are times that, when they work really well, and my pain level gets knocked down a lot, I'm really chatty and bubbly, because it's just such a relief to not feel like crap.  I could easily see how the combination of that kind of effect, along with the weirdness of being in that setting, a live, non-scripted thing where she's not playing a character but being herself, would result in acting a little wacky.  (I know she's an actor who is used to cameras and all, but I think a lot of actors are less comfortable being themselves on camera than playing a character.)

It seems to me from what I see on social media that a lot of her co-stars adore her, and she also seems to be doing an excellent job of maintaining a good relationship with her ex to co-parent (including family outings that include her new boyfriend and her ex's new girlfriend).  So I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt that she's not a complete flake, because that kind of thing takes a lot of maturity.  

• Love 2

What KerleyQ said. Getting hit by a car leaves a lot of residuals. My back started hurting as a result of me dragging my leg around and I'm randomly forgetting names of things I'm entirely familiar with no doubt from the bump to the head. It's not something you just shrug and get over. Yes VH was impressive going on re:Grease live but what choice did she really have, she was put in a bad situation. I just don't think all the shit that LG has been through recently should be handwaved, she's been to hell and back.

• Love 1

Maybe she is still on some type of pain PRN meds from the car accident?

I think we all understand how pain meds can affect you, however, after a while you realize this...especially if you're going "live" on nationwide TV show. That is, unless you have no self-awareness. Yep, I said it again.

• Love 3

ET did a story tonight about Hollywood making a movie based on the TV show "Three's Company". When they asked Suzanne Somers who she'd like to play her in the movie, she replied, "My granddaughter, Carissa Somers, because she looks a lot like me"...as ET showed a picture of LG! They also mentioned "Carissa" is now on B&B. It doesn't surprise me that LG might have a stage name, but I had never heard/seen this before. Is this LG's best kept secret? If so, it might explain some of her "ditzyness". Either that, or ET showed the wrong photo...although I don't know any other actress on B&B with the last name of Somers. Anyone know if this is true?

Edited by MsTree

I've given up on this show--for the time being anyway. This interview is a large part of the reason why:

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/90246/bold-and-the-beautiful-executive-producer-bradley-bell-on-thomas-caroline-sex-controversy/

IMO, this show reeks of paternalism and misogyny which appears to be coming from the top. I'm getting enough of that on Y&R; thanks CBS Daytime. Among other problematic things (looking at you, Zende), I can't stand the way B&B seems to be putting forth the notion that sexual assault is okay as long the person doing the assaulting regrets it later or had a really good reason for doing it. And by "really good" I mean mostly self-serving because I can't otherwise imagine what an actual "good" reason would be. Ugh. Whatever, it was fun until it wasn't.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

rage blackout...

Yes...this is what really did it for me...as if the rest of the interview hadn't already raised my BP over the top!

Well, let’s put it this way: If your daughter was impaired by alcohol and meds and unable to make a clear decision about whether or not to have sex with a guy and then that guy made the choice for her, would you be OK with that?
No, of course not.

Gah! BB is an idiot among other things......

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

When he says "that's not the story we're choosing to tell," I wanted to punch my PC.  It IS the story you told! IDIOT!

Fixed this for ya. :)

And yes, it sure IS the story they told.

• Love 3

That makes me ill. Even pretending the night itself was a grey area (I don't think it is), you have to consider how Thomas behaved before. His creepy fantasy of locking the door against Caroline's wishes, his constant pushing the boundaries of women who denied him (Caroline herself, Ivy), inappropriate behavior with interns. They set him up not as a reckless person, but a man whose desire for a woman mattered more than anything, certainly more than her consent. 

And then sent him into that room with Caroline who was barely conscious. He didn't care. And now his salvation is his obsession (and kidnapping) of the child that resulted from it? Get the fuck out of here with that. 

• Love 6

There was a very good letter I once read from a man had raped a woman. The general gist is that at the time, he thought he was entitled to sex and he didn't see women as more than objects for his satifaction. The woman he took home was new to the country and vulnerable and even as she was shutting her legs, he'd pry them open and just had his way because what other reason who a woman leave her friends (at his insistance) and go home with a man? Hell, he even called her a cab to make sure she'd get home safely the next morning.

It wasn't till years later, as social media became bigger and more victims shared their stories that he truly got it and realized what he'd done.

Gone are the days where they can rewrite an assault as some kind of love story. I don't think they even pulled it off back when Ridge pulled that shit on the first Caroline or they wouldn't have written in that bullshit about knowing it was him as her husband made a sandwich downstairs for thirty minutes. Fuck Bell, and fuck the whole of CBS's daytime programming directors that allow this bullshit on here and Y&R to go unchecked.

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh, Brad Bell.  I get what you were trying to do with this interview, now that I've read it, but you can/could only defend so much of this story.  And that much is not much at all...and the irony is that the interview pretty much completely implodes with two exchanges:

So we should just forget about how she felt the morning after?
Caroline impulsively took a pill—one she hadn’t taken before and hasn’t taken since—but she didn’t immediately remember that when she woke up the next morning. At first she was blaming Thomas completely, because his story didn’t seem to make sense, but as she began putting the pieces together as the drug wore off and her mind became more clear, she was able to lessen her blame and take on a bit more of her own participation in what happened.

Well, let’s put it this way: If your daughter was impaired by alcohol and meds and unable to make a clear decision about whether or not to have sex with a guy and then that guy made the choice for her, would you be OK with that?
No, of course not.

The former's dangerously close to blaming the victim there, Brad.  Especially in light of how the scene played out onscreen.  And that's absolutely not good.  I still remember this kindasorta happening with Ridge and Brooke right about ten years ago, and while then we had Nick at least willing to rip Ridge's head off (albeit before Brooke stopped him, of course) here...we've got Ridge punishing him by keeping his son from him?  Okaaaay...

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 2