Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

In addition, I believe that when she became a born-again Christian, she made demands that Tridge could not get divorced, have affairs, etc. That's what made the Hector-Taylor SL such a dud. The actors had chemistry but it couldn't really go anywhere. HT and LL eventually had a relationship IRL but that fizzled. 

Drunk chicken-dance Taylor was one thing, but the raving psycho who came back and shot Bill was taking it way too far. 

Hopefully, the new actress will put her own stamp on the character. I mean if TK could to that with Ridge, why not? I just hope the outcome isn't as bad. 

• Love 6

Was she still on her Born-Again Christian kick when she returned? I read she renounced it after divorcing whichever husband it was who got her into it in the first place. If so, that exains why the Hector thing became a non-story and why it took so long after her drinking with Nick for anything to come of that.

Edited by Anna Yolei
On 10/27/2021 at 2:04 PM, sugarbaker design said:

B&B would never be confused with The Actors Studio, but sometimes the writers craft stories that highlight the actor's strengths.  HT was never Meryl Streep, but she wasn't bad playing even-tempered, low-key scenes during her first run.  I was a huge fan of hers and her characters before the writers fucked that up too.  Then the stupid writers wrote stories that required drunken histrionics and irrational behaviors, which were not in HT's wheelhouse.  So when another poster hoped the new re-cast would be more like Taylor The Early Days, I had to agree.

18 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

In addition, I believe that when she became a born-again Christian, she made demands that Tridge could not get divorced, have affairs, etc. That's what made the Hector-Taylor SL such a dud. The actors had chemistry but it couldn't really go anywhere. HT and LL eventually had a relationship IRL but that fizzled. 

Drunk chicken-dance Taylor was one thing, but the raving psycho who came back and shot Bill was taking it way too far. 

Hopefully, the new actress will put her own stamp on the character. I mean if TK could to that with Ridge, why not? I just hope the outcome isn't as bad. 

Taylor drunk dancing with an appalled Hector and exclaiming "I'm TAYLOR HAYES!!!" is Hunter Tylo's version of Ronnnnnnn Moss's "That's not gonna happen Rick!"  So cringeworthily bad.

I've tried scouring the internetz for a clip of this "I'm TAYLOR HAYES!!" and unfortunately have been unsuccessful.  Was it after this that she went and killed Darla, or was that a different drunken night?

I do hope that the new Taylor is going to take a different direction than when we last saw her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

So odd. They lived together for several years beforehand. 

In the few real world cases where I've seen this happen (one couple had been together over 20 years and didn't make it a full year before splitting up) the guys turned into super control freaks once the license was signed.

I'm not saying anything about Chad specifically because I don't know much about him but if either party can walk away it tends to keep everyone on their best behavior. 

• Love 1

Right now, I'm watching one of these overloaded sugary sweet barfworthy Christmas movies called Christmas 4 Sale and Aaron Spears/Justin is in it.  It's a 2021 movie so I guess that's why he's been absent on B&B.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 1

Hyundai released a new commercial yesterday during the AFC championship game. And guess who is in it? DOUGLAS! It's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, but there he was. He's in a brief scene where he plays Jason Bateman's son. 

I am sorry, but simply can't find a link to post. Everything I find are just articles about how the commercial came to be.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

Hyundai released a new commercial yesterday during the AFC championship game. And guess who is in it? DOUGLAS! It's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, but there he was. He's in a brief scene where he plays Jason Bateman's son. 

I am sorry, but simply can't find a link to post. Everything I find are just articles about how the commercial came to be.

Found it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I saw Kim Matula/Old Hope on an episode of The Resident last night, and I was shocked at how thin she'd gotten.  I almost didn't recognize her.

I agree...she looked way too thin. Makes you wonder because we've all been told that the camera adds 10 pounds.

• Love 2

I'm guessing Finn wasn't there the day they shot the cast photo which is why he's in the back and not next to Steffy in the new cast photo....right?

BoldBeautiful.thumb.JPG.c0eecc53212fc8de17cd979f17423c9c.JPG

The positioning/pairings are really odd - Steffy is front row but not Hope? Carter and Quinn together but her not behind Eric? Flo and Shauna nowhere in sight. Paris in center and not next to Zende or Carter? Thomas and Taylor could've been paired together and Bill and Wyatt paired together to have families together.

Show renewed for two more years for the show! Huzzah!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

And no Katie?

43 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

I'm guessing Finn wasn't there the day they shot the cast photo which is why he's in the back and not next to Steffy in the new cast photo....right?

BoldBeautiful.thumb.JPG.c0eecc53212fc8de17cd979f17423c9c.JPG

The positioning/pairings are really odd - Steffy is front row but not Hope? Carter and Quinn together but her not behind Eric? Flo and Shauna nowhere in sight. Paris in center and not next to Zende or Carter? Thomas and Taylor could've been paired together and Bill and Wyatt paired together to have families together.

Show renewed for two more years for the show! Huzzah!

And no Katie?

Hmm the 35th Anniversary photo includes a few more familiar faces but not HT/Katie.

Krista's hair looks better; either she's growing it out or the extensions are better.

The right side of this picture is playing games with my heart. Hope back with Daddy Nick, Nick and Bridget in this picture feels right. We need them (and Marone and Logan Forrester) back.

TK needs to loosen the iron grip on KKL's arm. Sheesh, dude.

FM4FR7FWQAMLkvw.thumb.jpg.dc4be5f90b4c9889bbd346d113d9447c.jpg

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

B&B to air special episode for KLL’s 35th anniversary with the show on March 23. It will feature her past loves and weddings. 
https://www.etonline.com/media/videos/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-star-katherine-kelly-lang-recalls-her-characters-21

I'll be greedy, LOL. Given that KKL has consistently portrayed Brooke with each of these loves, why not do a full week of episodes with each episode devoted to that one love? And interesting that Thorne kicked Deacon out of the Top 5 because while a lusty affair, I do think Deacon was a love but she couldn't be with him due to Bridget.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Interesting. I wish that the upcoming guest appearance would give Jack Wagner the itch to come back full time! I would LOVE that. 

Yes. An entire week of the many loves of Brooke would be worlds better than what we're seeing these days. And please give Betty White just one day! 

There were some "Ann Douglas" compilations on YouTube following Betty White's passing and just reminded me of how good she, AM and SF all were together. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

. I wish that the upcoming guest appearance would give Jack Wagner the itch to come back full time! I would LOVE that. 

While I miss the Nick Marone character, Jack Wagner had an ego up the wazoo. His salary demands are the reason Schae Harrison was sacked and Darla killed off and he threw a fit about having a SL that involved a long lost son, scraping a much needed new male character at the time.

That said, there's a few dead weights the show could do without and if we could toss them overboard...👀🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 12/18/2021 at 2:04 PM, Crashcourse said:

It's interesting that his first marriage only lasted three months.   Wassup?

He cheated on his first wife w the actress who played Starr on his Soap GH. He cheated on his most recent wife on the actress who plays his current love intests on GH. 

Also this wasnt a legal marriage it was a spiritual ceremony. 

i was surprised by all this tea also 

• Useful 2

Daytime Emmy nominations were announced today. B&B didn't fare as well as usual. Conspicuously absent are JMW and SC. I am not in disagreement.

Outstanding Guest Performance:

Ted King

Naomi Matsuda

??? While they both can act rings around most of the B&B cast, they were barely on at all. Jack, especially

Best Supporting Actor:

Aaron D. Spears

For what? Holding Thomas captive at SP? He's never on, either.

Best Supporting Actress:

Kimberlin Brown

I can get behind this but I doubt she will win. I know back in the day, there was a category for best villain, and KB won at least once (probably more). So, she has her Emmy.

Outstanding Lead Actor:

John McCook

I agree he was great with the ED storyline and it would great to see a non-traditional soap topic lead towards winning a Daytime Emmy.  It would be great if he wins, as I don't think JMc has won an Emmy. 

• Love 7

I laughed when I saw the nominees for best soap. All four of the remaining soaps are nominated-HA. It used to be exciting to hear the nominees in all categories but now it’s just a joke.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I can get behind this but I doubt she will win. I know back in the day, there was a category for best villain, and KB won at least once (probably more). So, she has her Emmy.

As far as I know, Best Villain has never been a Daytime Emmy category.  Soap magazine awards maybe, Emmys, I think not.  Brown has never won an Emmy.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes. KB won the Soap Opera Digest award for best Best Villian. She looked amazing and was so happy. It was at a time when the soaps were on fire and the Sheila character was off the charts crazy & amazingly written. Good times. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Is this his first Emmy?

Yup! This was John McCook’s fourth nomination and first win in this category. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Mind Blown 2