Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I’m so over HT. She was barely featured this past year, except for the brief kidney plot - pure contrivance and designed to (1) prop up Felony and (2) Emmy bait for HT. 

KKL is always overlooked - especially during the Andy rape storyline - so I wasn’t surprised she lost to her onscreen sister, who again, was barely on long enough to garner a Guest Performance nod. 

Speaking of, Annika was freaking ROBBED. Tamara Braun was barely on GH last year. Even less than HT, I think. Annika should have been in the lead actress category and won. That JMW has a Lead Actress Emmy and neither KKL or AN do is ridiculous. 

I’m okay with B&B winning for Best Writing because the initial “death” of Baby Beth was gut wrenching and the initial reveal that she was, in fact, alive and Flo getting slapped into next year for her role in the faux adoption were compelling. The dragging it out for months sucked but it had some great moments. 

I co-sign. I totally agree about the Beth story. The beginning & end were amazing & heart wrenching. It did drag on way too long though. Which is funny because in the old days that was normal but storylines need to be quicker or else you’ll lose the viewer. I always understood (but didn’t always agree) when Susan Flannery would continue winning when KKL wasn’t even nominated. Then it was HT and I was sorta okay (at the beginning) but when JMW won that was the last straw. There is no way in hell she should have won let alone been nominated. I guess the academy voters just don’t like KKL or the character of Brooke itself. I really don’t understand it. 

• Love 4
On 6/27/2020 at 7:21 AM, CharlizeCat said:

Even more head-scratching was the award for best writing. Have these people watched the show the past 12+ months?

Considering Y&R was rehashing every plot from 2008 in 2019, I'd say the lesser of two evils won. 

But B&B got robbed in the acting department. Besides AN's loss, MA lost to Buttbiscuit's crap ass DID story. What a shitload of fuck.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Considering Y&R was rehashing every plot from 2008 in 2019, I'd say the lesser of two evils won. 

Seriously, and the other two shows are unwatchable.

30 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

But B&B got robbed in the acting department. Besides AN's loss, MA lost to Buttbiscuit's crap ass DID story. What a shitload of fuck.

Question:  Who are MA and Buttbiscuit?

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Seriously, and the other two shows are unwatchable.

Question:  Who are MA and Buttbiscuit?

Buttbiscuit is the nickname given to Y&R's Billy Abbott, as played by Jason Thompson. The character as written since 2016 is the only character I've seen to be nearly as despised as The Great Victor Newman.

MA are Matthew Atkinson's initials (the guy who plays Thomas) as much as I hated what he's become, I can't deny that he put his all into the role. 

• Love 2

MA lost to Buttbiscuit's crap ass DID story.

But MA wasn't nominated. I'm confused. Whatever, both he and the young actor who plays Douglas should've been nominated IMO. MA certainly should've been nominated over TK but I guess there's industry politics involved and TK was felt "due" or some shite since he's a longtime soap veteran.

Anyway, even worse about JT's win is that the writers didn't even bother to name what was going on with him. A lot of viewers assumed it was DID but within the show he was never diagnosed. All we got was the voiceovers representing whatever was bouncing around in his stupid head. So I guess maybe that's what he got the Emmy for: he basically had to learn two sets of dialogue, one spoken to other characters and one just in his head. Voiceovers are the new doppelgänger. KMN.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Oh, MA wasn't nominated at all? I must've confused that with something else, then.

Still mad, though.

I can't recall any standout story TK has done with Ridge since he was with Caroline, and that ended....nearly 4 years ago now? Pretty much everyone who wasn't directly involved with the Beth story was sideline hard in 2019. Dunno how TK got a nomination.

I skipped most of the Dark Billy garbage so I never even knew that didn't name it. Probably just as well, but mostly I'm mad on behalf of the online friends who have DID  and have to put up with invasive questions everytime some show or movie (most recently Split) goes out their way to milk the illness for horror or drama. I'm just done with shows not attempting to take care to depict any of them correctly. I would've hated this win on principle, even if it didn't involve the second most punchable character on the show.

• Love 4
On 6/26/2020 at 9:55 PM, ByaNose said:

KKL gets no respect. Shouldn’t HT pull an Oprah and pull herself out of the running? Heather gets the same material. Katie gets sick and cries and wins an Emmy.....again. 

On 6/27/2020 at 3:00 PM, CountryGirl said:

I’m so over HT. She was barely featured this past year, except for the brief kidney plot - pure contrivance and designed to (1) prop up Felony and (2) Emmy bait for HT. 

KKL is always overlooked - especially during the Andy rape storyline - so I wasn’t surprised she lost to her onscreen sister, who again, was barely on long enough to garner a Guest Performance nod. 

Speaking of, Annika was freaking ROBBED. Tamara Braun was barely on GH last year. Even less than HT, I think. Annika should have been in the lead actress category and won. That JMW has a Lead Actress Emmy and neither KKL or AN do is ridiculous. 

I’m okay with B&B winning for Best Writing because the initial “death” of Baby Beth was gut wrenching and the initial reveal that she was, in fact, alive and Flo getting slapped into next year for her role in the faux adoption were compelling. The dragging it out for months sucked but it had some great moments. 

So irritated for Katherine Kelly Lang.  I'm so annoyed with the constant Emmys for Heather Tom, who apparently now has tied the record for the most acting Daytime Emmy awards.  And yeah, that's all Katie does... has the exact same health scare, cries about it, recovers, wins Emmy.  It's so tiring.

I couldn't believe when Jacqueline Wood won the Emmy.  So crazy.  What does KKL have to do to win?  She has been on the show since Day One and she is long overdue.  It's worse than Susan Lucci because at least Susan was nominated umpteen years in a row.  KKL barely gets nominated, and when she does, she loses to Chipmunk Cheeks Heather Tom, AGAIN.  Infuriating.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, blackwing said:

What does KKL have to do to win?  She has been on the show since Day One and she is long overdue.  It's worse than Susan Lucci because at least Susan was nominated umpteen years in a row

19, to be exact. Her Emmy win came up in my YT suggestions not to long ago, but if I'm gonna be honest, that was one helluva cruel gag to play on Lucci like that 😞

at any rate, I dunno why they refuse to give KKL an Emmy at this point. I used to think she got snubbed because she got the same three stories ever, but HT has only ever had one story she's milked for every one of her B&B wins, so it clearly isn't that. Ugh. : |

• Love 2
On 7/2/2020 at 2:36 PM, CountryGirl said:

Someone may have posted this already, but speaking of Susan Lucci, it did annoy that her many noms/losses detracted from the actual winner. Not her fault, of course, but it got old. 

I mean on the one hand? Maybe, but honestly her not winning/the streak actually pumped up more interest in those awards each year that she did not win. As for Susan Lucci is well respected/liked in the soap community that when she actually won, there were fewer detractors when she got the award. And the moment was actually great so I know I didn't begrudge even if there were other better soap actors out there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/2/2020 at 1:36 PM, CountryGirl said:

Someone may have posted this already, but speaking of Susan Lucci, it did annoy that her many noms/losses detracted from the actual winner. Not her fault, of course, but it got old. 

I dunno, if I was one of the nominees alongside La Lucci, I would probably have thought it was great... "well, Suse takes up a slot so now I only have to beat three others to win!"  She was like an automatic loser.  Then after she won

On 7/4/2020 at 8:20 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Oddly Susan Lucci became more famous outside daytime cause of her numerous losses.

KKL will sadly never get nominated.  The rape storyline alone should have gotten her a nom.

?  She has been nominated three times.  Once in 2013 for Supporting Actress and twice as Lead Actress (2014, lost to Eileen Davidson, and just this year, 2020, lost to Heather Tom).  She was criminally overlooked for the rape storyline.  Was that the same year that Stephanie gave her a wrapped present of a gun and invited her to kill herself to do everyone a favor?  I thought she deserved a win for that storyline as well.  Stephanie was a piece of work.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, blackwing said:

She was criminally overlooked for the rape storyline.  Was that the same year that Stephanie gave her a wrapped present of a gun and invited her to kill herself to do everyone a favor?  I thought she deserved a win for that storyline as well. 

The gun thing was from 2005. The Andy story was 3 years later.

• Useful 1
(edited)

I imagine everyone's heard by now that for the safety of the actors B&B is planning to use sex dolls in intimate scenes. They've also given the actors the option of using their IRL partners as stand-ins instead of the dolls. Apparently Denise Richards opted to have her non-actor husband stand in during Shauna's love scenes with Ridge. Check out the resemblance between TK and DR's husband Aaron:

oyZm37p.jpg

Not bad though clearly Aaron is probably slimmer than TK. He's several years younger too but per the googles he is knocking on 50. (I wonder if that's an old photo of him, actually.) I'm kinda looking forward to seeing if B&B can pull this off but right now also it seems like a clusterfcuk waiting to happen. I just hope everyone involved stays safe.

ETA: That photo is courtesy of another soap forum. I won't name the site but it can be easily found via search.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

I think Denise's husband is pretty hot. Maybe he could replace TK as Ridge. LOL.

You can watch him on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills should you choose.  He simultaneously comes across as a caring husband, a bit of a star fucker and a total nutter. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

You can watch him on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills should you choose.  He simultaneously comes across as a caring husband, a bit of a star fucker and a total nutter. 

So, an upgrade over the current Ridge?  🙂  (Someone had to say it.)

• LOL 4
15 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

That is the one Housewives show I watch from time to time and yep, spot-on assessment.

• Useful 1

Then I guess you've heard from Denise on numerous occasions that he has a really big d***!  Ugh. TMI. That's why I just can't take her seriously as "demure" Shauna!  But I still like DR despite all that.

• LOL 4

Apparently NBA superstar LeBron James has purchased Lee Phillip Bell's estate. (The late Lee Phillip Bell was Bill Bell's wife, and the mother of Bradley Bell and Lauralee Bell (actress on Y&R)).

It's been pointed out elsewhere that this shot of the mansion's living room is basically Eric Forrester's living room on B&B:

4b72aLC.jpg

Below is an aerial view of the estate. The outside looks more like Brooke's house to me.

S9dZxv2.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Just finished reading DD's 2018 book. Downloaded it to kindle fire and ended up binge-reading it in one night. Great read for his fans. I really enjoyed it. To me it kind of seemed more about his life and career than his life with his sons. Kind of more how the sons were interwoven into his life, if that makes sense, but still a fun read. He doesn't seem to take himself too seriously which I like. I'm new to CBS soaps - maybe just the last 3-4 years, so these people are sort of new to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So B&B is returning with new episodes next week. That sure was a fast turnaround. I thought Brad Bell would wait a month or two to bank the episodes for September and beyond. I guess he figures they are losing viewers and wants it back on the air sooner rather than later. I actually don’t know how the soaps are doing in the ratings. Is Y&R still #1? Anyhoo, it will be interesting to see how it looks and “feels” with the rules in place. 

https://michaelfairmantv.com/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-returns-with-all-new-episodes-beginning-july-20th/2020/07/13/

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 7/11/2020 at 11:33 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Below is an aerial view of the estate. The outside looks more like Brooke's house to me.

That looks like Eric's house. The back terrace is where Quinn was standing when someone shot at her (not Katie!)

• Useful 1
On 7/13/2020 at 4:52 PM, ByaNose said:

Is Y&R still #1?

I thought they got dethroned last summer for the end of the baby story. As much as I hated  the Beth story, Y&R had no original stories and deserved to lose that spot. I can't even remember what stories that show had before the shutdown.

22 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I thought they got dethroned last summer for the end of the baby story. As much as I hated  the Beth story, Y&R had no original stories and deserved to lose that spot. I can't even remember what stories that show had before the shutdown.

I had forgotten that Beth propelled B&B to #1 but I just thought that was for the week. I assumed that Y&R went back to one but since April-July and the reruns I was wondering if Y&R was still #1. Which would be really weird. I’ve been surprised that GH or DOOL haven’t been #1 due to their rabid fan bases. B&B is bigger overseas though. I guess we’ll have to see when they return next week with new episodes. I think it might even draw new viewers just to see a possible train wreck. LOL!!!!

• Useful 2

Oy, sometimes you don't really want to know how the sausage is made. But the dummies thing isn't really uncommon, I think. Isn't that how they often handle scenes with monsters and aliens? It gives the actor something to look at so their eyes aren't just wandering or at the wrong level after the CGI is inserted later.

Heh, DR's husband is noticeably thinner than TK. Wonder if that's why TK has seemingly slimmed down a bit, so the shots with his stand-in are less jarring to the audience. Also, it seemed like Denise's husband's hair was much curlier too. Wonder if TK will start using products to make his hair look curlier, lol.

• Love 2

Welp, we knew B&B were gonna pull this crap, but it's official

SmartSelect_20200803-160702_Twitter.thumb.jpg.c5522da2310ead166663af8c325ed317.jpg

17 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

To be flatly honest, I've never been happier to see an actress go, and I mean that in the best possible way. She is a top notch talent who deserves better than to play second fiddle to a grifter and be shit on by the men on this trash show.

Edited by Anna Yolei
Somehow, I requoted my own self! 🤣
  • Love 7

Thank you, Courtney, for some of the best acting I’ve ever witnessed on a soap. I’m 71 years old and have watched them all. Good luck to you, honey. You were a joy to watch! Good luck in your promising future!!

• Love 10

Why did they even bring her back?! I’d rather have Sally than Flo. I’m sure CH will find another gig. She can act and the red hair sets her apart from the others in the crowd. Days could use her since so many people have left. Of course, there is always Y&R and GH, too. Brad Bell really dropped the ball on this one. She had sooooo much potential. If they had just written nuThomas as normal human being she might had a go with him but he got sucked into the Liam & Hope vortex. 

• Love 8

Tbh, I hope CH skips the soap circuit and goes for bigger,eatoer roles. This genre's on life support and she really can break out  and do better. Kim Matilda's doing fairly well for herself and she hadn't nearly as much range  as CH has.

And I might be tuning out because I don't care about the Bill/Brooke/Ridge/Shauna story, I don't care to get invested in Stefinn for them to be this generations Throoke and since Steffy will be in that story, there will be nothing for Liam and Hope to do because getting married and separated every 3 months for the last decade is the only personality they have. Thomas...who cares, really? Without Sally, Flo is the only available woman he hasn't slept with and I don't want to be on Wyatt's side when she cheats on him.

• Love 5

Eh, so what does CH's departure mean for Thomas? Is he going to continue going after Hope? Ugh. Katie? Not sure if she'd betray her fellow Logans like that but OTOH, she supports Flo so, whatevs. Brooke? Now if Bradley wanted to surprise me, that would do it. Brooke might decide to take one for the team to keep Thomas distracted from Hope. Quinn? Going for the Forrester trifecta (father, son, grandson) would certainly be an accomplishment for her. Zoe? I don't see them putting her in a love triangle between Carter and Thomas. Plus, she should never trust Thomas again. Pssht, sure hope this doesn't mean MA is on his way out too.

Yo, CH! Come on over to Genoa City. We'd love to have you. You could be Phyllis' younger sister from a different mother.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Well, at least I can now stop watching this lame a$$ soap. I was only watching for Sally’s storyline and fast forwarding through everything else. Good luck and best wishes to Courtney Hope. May whatever she does after this involve GOOD writing. 

• Love 7

TPTB are absolute fools to let her go. She was such a bright spot in a stale show and can act circles around most of the rest of the cast. I was so hoping to see her and a finally-got-his-head-on-straight Thomas reconnecting and being THE couple of the show since it seems they will never reunite Brill and that leaves Lope (who has nothing to do now that they have Beth back) and Steffy and her new man, Dr. LibbityBibbidity. 

What a shame...

• Love 8

I will miss CH but not Sally. I was soooooo disappointed at how the writers turned the flame-haired spitfire who was ready to set the world on fire into this desperate, needy whiny creature who went to such length over WYATT!!?? 

The writers could have explored Sally's backstory as to why she was so desperate for love, approval and acceptance. There were hints that her parents abandoned her and Coco. So much potential, but the hack writers are too lazy or focused on Flatt (GREAT name, BTW) to deviate from what they know best, ToDs.

I wish Courtney well. I see much bigger and brighter opportunities for her than B&B. Leave with your head held high, girl! 

• Love 8

They never should've brought Sally back if she was going to end this way. Sobbing in a hospital bed over Wyatt dumping her after she tried to secure a baby out of him. Then again this show loved bringing the Spectra's to a low place. At least Sally is forever cruising the earth enjoying retirement and the view of whatever cute deckhand is serving her mixed cocktails.

This show will never ever reach its full potential of awesome because they will always turn away from the soapier more interesting options and talent for the boring tried and true. It's sad.

There is a much more interesting show with Rick in Paris, Maya offscreen, Sally off to parts unknown, and Bridget with Logan and Jackie and Nick.

• Love 4

Good Grief! Katie made me ill heaping the accolades on Flo and Wyatt. Has she forgotten that Flo kept her niece’s baby from her for almost a year?! WE haven’t forgotten. That’s for sure. Flo deserves no praise, no pats on the back and no forgiveness. Yuck.

• Love 2

"Abrupt ending" clearly indicates that she was fired.  Why fire her out of all the people on this show?  She's one of the ones that most make it watchable.  I know Sally has left before and returned... but why let her go now?  Surely they will say "the storyline dictated her departure".  Well, it didn't have to.  If they can let a psycho get away with murdering a girl by running a car off a cliff and if they can let someone STEAL A BABY and then get off scott free because the injured parties didn't press charges... then surely they could have done Sally some justice.  Instead, we are left with the "hot new supercouple" (gag) Wyatt and Flo.  I can't believe we are stuck with Flo.

Bradley Bell, you suck huge donkey balls.  YOU FIRED THE WRONG ACTRESS.

• Love 11

This is my favorite:

So this morning the karma gods said, "We got your favorite right here, miss thing" and I got a flat tire. Life imitates art, hah, hah.

I'm starting to wonder who among the CBS bigwigs the actress who plays Flo is in with because this thing the writers are doing with her now makes no sense to me. If the soap forums and social media are valid indicators, she is a widely loathed character, and the propping other characters are doing for her isn't changing that. So far, anyway.

• Love 6