Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

A friend of mine from Australia just introduced me to this song from 2001 🤣 how has no one ever mentioned this exists?

(Note: it's practically carbon dated, like the song shouts out to CJ and Becky and Thorne and Macy, that no one watching after 2010 would have any working memory of, but God bless Australia. 🙂 )

If you don't follow Don Diamont on Instagram, you should. Yesterday, he made a post about his celebrating 35 years at CBS. He also told a cute anecdote that I thought you all would appreciate. 

35 years ago, Bill (Bell), hired DD to play Brad (Carlton). In 2009, Brad (Bell) hired DD to play Bill ($Bill Spencer). I'd never realized that, but thought you'd all appreciate it.

• Love 4

Photo #4 is what quarantine dreams (or anytime dreams) are made of. 

I couldn't stand Brad Carlton. When he died, I didn't even register it. Now, a lunch hour without $Bill is like a day without sunshine. He is the best, & I would've probably ditched B&B a long time ago without him. It has to be because some of DD's personality is allowed to bleed through to $Bill; I never remember Brad having too much in the way of personality. Seriously, DD is like the finest of fine wine, he just keeps getting better with age. He's definitely more attractive with a little salt & pepper. Yum.

• Love 6

What was his nickname? Thighmaster? I can't remember, but, yeah, that storyline wasn't good. It's so odd, because DD has chemistry with everyone, everyone, but I don't remember Brad being like that. It's like 2 different people. I'll forever thank the Y&R TPTB for killing off Brad, & giving us our beloved $Bill. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I liked Brad w/Traci but after that, yeah, he kind of faded.

So much so that is most memorable appearance besides dying was crushing a Nazi with his thighs.

God, I would kill to find ANY clips from that ridiculous story! I hear SO much about this and I cannot find this online anywhere!

And I wish we could have a story that is so blatantly anti-Nazi these days! 😂

3 hours ago, nkotb said:

Photo #4 is what quarantine dreams (or anytime dreams) are made of. 

Why am I reminded of that scene in The Last Jedi where Kylo Ren uses Jedi Skype to talk to Rey when I see that pic? 🤔🤣

Damn, I forgot how completely thicc he's become! And yeah, add me in as someone who could take or leave Brad Carlton (especially when he became all about Sharon) but his firing from Y&R was the best thing to ever happen to B&B ❤️

• Love 2

Obviously, #5. I didn't even read the names, just looked for my $Bill. I'd even put up with Zoe & whoever else was in that house. I'd put up with a lot for $Bill.

• Love 2

I was just about to post that, it's cute how they glam themselves then pass the brush to the next person.  Ashley Jones, yay!  Also, interesting that JMW looks like the only one who didn't start out makeup-free.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I really don't see how that is possible, if they are paying any attention to restrictions and what is happening.

It's not just actors involved, it is the entire crew that would be at risk.  And why would actors/crew want to be in a situation where their health could be compromised?

• Useful 1
36 minutes ago, bannana said:

I really don't see how that is possible, if they are paying any attention to restrictions and what is happening.

It's not just actors involved, it is the entire crew that would be at risk.  And why would actors/crew want to be in a situation where their health could be compromised?

I guess if everyone agrees it’s easy. That said, isn’t California shut down still? If prime time and the movie industry is still shutdown what makes B&B think they are ready for June? I guess Brad Bell is worried about paying for his groceries and wants money. Time will tell if and when the soaps & Hollywood return.

• Love 2

Personally,  it's time to go back to work..and I think it can work if no love scenes are done...maybe focus back on character development and less on love scenes.  Less is more after all

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Personally,  it's time to go back to work..and I think it can work if no love scenes are done...maybe focus back on character development and less on love scenes.  Less is more after all

I don’t even think B&B does that many love scenes to begin with. They tend to a lot of 2/3 persons conversation scenes in general. I guess they can continue doing this. Once again, it really depends if they can (legally) go back and if the actors are okay with it. Someone older like John McCook might not be. I want to see how this plays out for the soaps and tv in general. 

Edited by ByaNose

They could ship Eric off to Paris with lots of split screen phone conversations.  What I'm curious about is if they integrate C-19 into the stories, with FC making masks or struggling with sales.  

Television production is more spread out than it was in decades past. All things being equal, I'd personally rather go back to work in CA (where unions and regulations are stronger) than someplace like Atlanta.  No offense to any Georgians. We used to live there and still have friends there. And 2 of my kids were born there. :-) 

On 5/15/2020 at 10:52 PM, ByaNose said:

That said, isn’t California shut down still? If prime time and the movi

Kinda. Governor Newson has been placing a staggered reopening and each county is reevaluated on an individual basis. I work for a non-essential call center for a large company and we've been called back into work starting Monday. Those with work computers are still working from home to keep distance. This was part of a major company that had to submit a plan in writing to ensure safety including getting up way earlier than I like

But call centers are not acting, no matter how much I have to fake pleasantries and I can't see how  the show can keep a safe distance and tell....I don't want to say "compelling" stories here, but even  for B&B,  I don't see a workaround for that. Plus, John McCook and even KKL are of age and higher risk and no art is worth sacrificing human lives. Trust me, I'm in no hurry to see Liam and Ridge to resume waffling through their lives 😛

7 hours ago, tessaray said:

All things being equal, I'd personally rather go back to work in CA (

I'm a Californian by accident of birth, but I've never been more proud of any of our governors than I've been of Gavin Newsom. 

• Love 4

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2020/05/the-bold-and-beautiful-renewed-for-2.html

The Bold and the Beautiful Renewed for 2 More Seasons!

Here's some good news: The Bold and the Beautiful has been renewed for 2 additional seasons. The show was renewed through the 2021 - 2022 broadcast season, seasons 34 and 35. “For over three decades, The Bold and the Beautiful has been a cornerstone of the CBS Daytime lineup,” said Amy Reisenbach, EVP Current Programs, CBS Entertainment who continued, “The show has been a creative and ratings success due to the supremely talented cast, writers and producers that Brad Bell has assembled. Of course, none of this would have been possible without B&B’s dedicated fans, whose passion for these characters and stories is unsurpassed. We are delighted to be able to continue to offer them a daily look into the romances and rivalries between the Forrester, Logan and Spencer families.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

What was Sludge nominated for?  Best performance in shouting? I agree TA should have received the nod. 

The same with HT. The kidney transplant SL was a tired retread and didn't even last that long. 

While I don't think Brooke overall SL that any stand-out moments this past year, I would LOVE to see KLL finally win!

Also cheering loudly for AN to win! 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

What was Sludge nominated for?  Best performance in shouting?

I don't get it either. As much as I hated Thomas, he deserved the Emmy more than any other male to win it for B&B in...well, ever. Even with a more shallow talent pool, B&B doesn't pick up the Emmys in acting. There's Scott Clifton and....I honestly don't remember anyone else.

5 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

The same with HT. The kidney transplant SL was a tired retread and didn't even last that long. 

Same. Name recognition goes a long way when you're Heather Tom 😐

• Love 2

ITA that TK shouldn't be nominated for anything unless there's a category for Greasiest and Most Unkempt or Best Whisper-shouting.

Matthew was robbed. As was Henry, who acted circles around many of the adults on this show. 

I would love to see Kelly win (and she should have won, at minimum, for her rape storyline or Brooke takes over FC like the bad-ass boss bitch she was), but think she should have been in the supporting category and Annika in the lead actress.

Annika had best be winning for those scenes in the clinic where she believed Beth was dead rocked me like nothing has in a long time. I hope she submitted those and her verbal/literal smackdown of Flo. 

HT again???

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I don't get it either. As much as I hated Thomas, he deserved the Emmy more than any other male to win it for B&B in...well, ever. Even with a more shallow talent pool, B&B doesn't pick up the Emmys in acting. There's Scott Clifton and....I honestly don't remember anyone else.

Same. Name recognition goes a long way when you're Heather Tom 😐

Jacqueline MacInnes Wood won for Lead Actress last year.

I would agree that Katherine Kelly Lang is long overdue... she spent years in Susan Flannery's shadow and missing out on nominations that went to Susan.  Then Heather Tom comes along and gets nominated year after year for the same tired "oh noes I'm dying, again" storyline.  I agree that KKL should have won for the storyline where Stephanie got Brooke raped, but I don't think she was even nominated.

• Love 3

Ditto comments upthread, TK? WTF? For what, exactly? And HT cranks out a few tears and gets nominated every dang time. Ugh. How many body organs does Katie have left that can be transplanted?

I'm okay with AN's nomination though because Hope went through some stuff and it was hell to watch a lot of the time. But geez, how did Matthew Atkinson as Thomas not get nominated? And Henry Joseph Samiri has been roundly lauded as one of the best child soap actors in recent memory. They both wuz robbed AFAIC.

• Love 4

I think it’s funny that B&B are back in production and the cast are wearing mask outside. What the hell are they doing inside? Are they standing on separate sound stages making phone calls to each other? I guess it would safe phone sex at least. 

• LOL 1

I was surprised to see Matt Hanvey back in the soap opera social media game. Twitter put him on quite a long timeout. Does anyone know what he posted to get the suspension? I'm guessing either it must have been pretty horrific or the problem was who it was aimed at.

On 6/15/2020 at 5:45 PM, ByaNose said:

I think it’s funny that B&B are back in production and the cast are wearing mask outside. What the hell are they doing inside? Are they standing on separate sound stages making phone calls to each other? I guess it would safe phone sex at least. 

Brad's plan for shooting is detailed here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dawnchmielewski/2020/06/16/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-is-back-with-a-plan-to-keep-social-distancing-from-stealing-the-sex/#67b292d560e6

On Kissing:

Preserving those passionate on-screen kisses will involve a bit of creative camera work, and the magic of editing. Each actor will go through the motions separately, performing inches away from the camera.

“They'll look like they’re nose to nose, in the throes of passion,” Bell says. “But they'll be shooting scenes all by themselves.”

On Sex Scenes:

Simulated sex scenes, though, will require more than clever camera work and creative lighting. Bell says he plans to use a combination of stand-ins and blow-up dolls. Actors’ spouses, who test negative for the novel coronavirus, will join their partners for love scenes that involve touching.  Life-like dummies will fill in for more intimate on-camera work.

“We have some life-like blow up dolls that have been sitting around here for the past 15 years, that we’ve used for various other stories — (like) when people were presumed dead,” says Bell. “We’re dusting off the dolls and putting new wigs and make-up on them and they'll be featured in love scenes.”

The kissing you knew they were gonna do cheats but blow up dolls for sex scenes? Brad must want his show back up something fierce!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Brad Bell is planning on a 2 week tape to air turnaround. Man! He really wants this back on the air and quick. I’m not sure how sustainable this all is but he’s going to get a bit head start ahead of Y&R & GH. I think it helps that it’s a half hour soap, too. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Bell says he plans to use a combination of stand-ins and blow-up dolls. Actors’ spouses, who test negative for the novel coronavirus, will join their partners for love scenes that involve touching.  Life-like dummies will fill in for more intimate on-camera work.

“We have some life-like blow up dolls that have been sitting around here for the past 15 years, that we’ve used for various other stories — (like) when people were presumed dead,” says Bell. “We’re dusting off the dolls and putting new wigs and make-up on them and they'll be featured in love scenes.”

At first, I read this as he's joking and then realized, he's...not.

dd0.jpg

9 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

This sounds hilarious! I can't wait, especially for a Bridge scene. Maybe they will use a  better-looking sexier Sludge substitute.

I'd take a blow-up doll over Sludge. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I don't believe a word Brad Bell says. (Thomas is STILL ALIVE!) But if he's serious about this I think he should just toss out all pretensions of B&B being a regular soap and go full-tilt campy with it. Like Passions on steroids.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

And they’re on a short pause on filming to adjust their testing execution. Seems they had higher need than expected which I’m unclear how they didn’t work out prior to starting unless whatever they were counting on (number of tests, health care workers to do testing, etc.) didn’t pan out like they thought.

Restart is scheduled for Tuesday. 

Link: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/bold-beautiful-pauses-filming-ramp-up-coronavirus-testing-1299132?__twitter_impression=true

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

And they’re on a short pause on filming to adjust their testing execution. Seems they had higher need than expected which I’m unclear how they didn’t work out prior to starting unless whatever they were counting on (number of tests, health care workers to do testing, etc.) didn’t pan out like they thought.

Restart is scheduled for Tuesday. 

Link: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/bold-beautiful-pauses-filming-ramp-up-coronavirus-testing-1299132?__twitter_impression=true

Yeah, I am confused about this, too. Were there more people on stage then thought there’d be? I thought they were going to limit almost everyone except the actors themselves and camera people. So, now they are starting up again next week. They still have the half hour format in their favor with a smaller cast. Time will tell. Today Laura Wright was talking about B&B (she said she has friends there) and, GH was going to use them as the taping model. Of course, GH is an hour show with a much larger cast so it may be a long while before they return.  

KKL gets no respect. Shouldn’t HT pull an Oprah and pull herself out of the running? Heather gets the same material. Katie gets sick and cries and wins an Emmy.....again. 

• Love 6

I’m so over HT. She was barely featured this past year, except for the brief kidney plot - pure contrivance and designed to (1) prop up Felony and (2) Emmy bait for HT. 

KKL is always overlooked - especially during the Andy rape storyline - so I wasn’t surprised she lost to her onscreen sister, who again, was barely on long enough to garner a Guest Performance nod. 

Speaking of, Annika was freaking ROBBED. Tamara Braun was barely on GH last year. Even less than HT, I think. Annika should have been in the lead actress category and won. That JMW has a Lead Actress Emmy and neither KKL or AN do is ridiculous. 

I’m okay with B&B winning for Best Writing because the initial “death” of Baby Beth was gut wrenching and the initial reveal that she was, in fact, alive and Flo getting slapped into next year for her role in the faux adoption were compelling. The dragging it out for months sucked but it had some great moments. 

• Love 4