Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

Oh so THIS is IR!  I don't mean this as good or bad, just an observation, but I was under the impression IR was tall, as in towers over everybody else tall.  Unless they're standing at different levels, he doesn't look much taller than TK.

• Love 1

Soap Opera Network posts the episode count rankings for the month, as well as year to date:  Courtesy of Soap Opera Network

What I found interesting was the episode count from January to year-to-date 2017:

Out of a total of 212 episodes, JMW has been in 136; TK has been featured in 134; RS has been in 117; DD has been in 113; CH was shown in 110; SC in 107; KKL in 102; JM in 99; HTom in 90; PF in 90; and DB; 89.  Notably, KB appeared in 51 episodes since the "Summer of Sheila" commenced. 

When I examined the full list, it validated everything I thought.

Evidently, it wasn't my imagination that Stuffy was EVERYWHERE.  She functioned as the "matriarch" of two families despite being at least 30 and not having one live child pass through her loins.  She was involved in conspiring with Carolyn' and Bill to screw over Thomas and Sally.  She was actively involved with Bill while he was going back and forth about "Sky," and a lot of us noted that she had her rump planted in Bill's office more than his wife was.  I lost track of the number of times she was flying back and forth between Bill's house, Spencer Publications and her own home.  Supposedly, she's the CEO of Forrester Creations, but you wouldn't know it.  Brooke was only peripherally involved in that mess beginning when Bill started actively lying to her at the Spencer Summit.  They come home a couple of weeks later, and it's all Stuffy, all the time.

We got two weddings:  Brill and something called Leffy.  Yet, we hardly saw Brooke and Bill together after their wedding, while we were inundated with Lame and Stuffy.  Never mind that the latter couple (a) had a wedding that failed to bring in the ratings and (b) hardly rank on any poll as a favorite couple.  Then Brooke, is effectively a spectator as all these conversations and schemes whirl around her.  There's no point in regurgitating what has  happened ever since Brill imploded.  We all saw for ourselves that Brooke made a life-altering decision about her marriage in less than a handful of episodes. 

I also find it interesting that with the "Summer of Sheila" debacle that KB has been on the air more than most of the younger performers, whom the summer is usually built around.  Don't get me started on Katie and Wyatt.  It should have never been more than a fun summer fling for an older woman who wanted to get her groove back.  Again, Bradley miscalculated and hardly anyone cares about the shock value.  Both HTom and DB have put in their work and deserved pairings of their own.  The non-use of AB/Ivy is criminal.

I've taken note of the letters of complaint that have been posted in SOD in recent weeks and they all note the same thing:  the lack of balance, the show's pacing, the dropped storylines (Quidge, Katie's descent into madness, etc.) and the ridiculous storylines.  Several viewers took pains to complain about the breakup of Brill, along with Bill's abhorrent behavior.

Instead of slowing the action down and trying to fix the mess he created, Brad Bell has only upped the ante with more "shock and awe" storytelling.  Ratings and those crucial demographics don't lie.  "The Stephanie Forrester Jr. Show" isn't cutting it.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 6
On 11/3/2017 at 11:58 AM, MulletorHater said:

Don't get me started on Katie and Wyatt.  It should have never been more than a fun summer fling for an older woman who wanted to get her groove back.  Again, Bradley miscalculated and hardly anyone cares about the shock value. 

The only shock would'e been if Wyatt was allowed to date anyone who hadn't been with Liam or Bill first. 

After years of first Brooke and then Taylor going through the Forrester men, Brooke getting pregnant by her SIL, Ridge dating a Brooke's other daughter who he DELIVERED as HIS KID before she was retconned as his sister and all the other pairings that resulted from Ridge's retconned paternity...how the fuck was Katie boning her former stepson going to be exciting to ANY longtime viewer? I mean, they're so boring, no one has even bother to make the low hanging joke that at least Hope was divorced from him before she went after this (former) nephew.

On 11/3/2017 at 11:58 AM, MulletorHater said:

I've taken note of the letters of complaint that have been posted in SOD in recent weeks and they all note the same thing:  the lack of balance, the show's pacing, the dropped storylines (Quidge, Katie's descent into madness, etc.) and the ridiculous storylines.  Several viewers took pains to complain about the breakup of Brill, along with Bill's abhorrent behavior.

That's been a very noticeable problem on this show since at least 2003, where Amber seemed to be every damn where. But even there, we had days off from her. JMW has become the new Kim Matula.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3

I don't really watch B&B, but there is a very annoying interview with Brad Bell in this week's print edition of TV Guide, particularly with regards to Maya.  I don't know what the consensus on the character is around these parts, but a head writer a) shouldn't complain that he totally comes up with all these ideas for the character, but none of them are good enough while plenty of other crap makes it to the screen for everyone else and b) brag that Maya is basically a token and that's "a great flag for her to carry".  Ugh.

• Love 3

I agree with all of that. Maya does just exist. God knows I bitched back in the day about ATWT's treatment of their gay supercouple and the shit ending Luke in particular received, but they were an internal part of that show. Most days,they were the ones carrying that show, but I digress.

Maya, OTOH, could get run over by Steffy on PCH next week and nothing of value would be lost, apart from JMW having even more undeserved screentime. And given the last 364 days especially, that's rather unfortunate. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I agree with all of that. Maya does just exist. God knows I bitched back in the day about ATWT's treatment of their gay supercouple and the shit ending Luke in particular received, but they were an internal part of that show. Most days,they were the ones carrying that show, but I digress.

Maya, OTOH, could get run over by Steffy on PCH next week and nothing of value would be lost, apart from JMW having even more undeserved screentime. And given the last 364 days especially, that's rather unfortunate. 

Rick would be a single widowed father and prime marriage material. Too bad Ivy's related to him as she'd be a good choice. Basically it'd be Darla/Thorne/Aly all over again. Lizzie would become a bad seed and reject Rick's new wife. Or Rick would be so messed up he'd give Lizzie to Nicole. Or Rick and Nicole would get together to raise Lizzie. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Oh God no! I'd rather he date Steffy again than anything with Nicole. Reign Edwards hasn't had her face filled with botox, so she has no excuse to be as expressionless as she is.

The key to that would be to recast Nicole with an actress that could keep up with Rick. Reign is replaceable; Nicole as the bio mother of a Forrester heir less so. 

• Love 2

While I'm still bummed about WH not returning to portray Thorne, I'm ready for IR to come and shake stuff up, especially after watching this:

And I don't want an insta-Throoke 2.0 (as I think Brooke needs to be alone and confident in her singlehood for a while) but in the meantime, Thorne can kick Ridge and Bill's asses as put his so-not-suited-to-be-CEO niece in her place.

• Love 5
On 11/7/2017 at 8:05 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I don't really watch B&B, but there is a very annoying interview with Brad Bell in this week's print edition of TV Guide, particularly with regards to Maya.  I don't know what the consensus on the character is around these parts, but a head writer a) shouldn't complain that he totally comes up with all these ideas for the character, but none of them are good enough while plenty of other crap makes it to the screen for everyone else and b) brag that Maya is basically a token and that's "a great flag for her to carry".  Ugh.

On 11/7/2017 at 9:30 PM, Anna Yolei said:

Well, in all honesty, Maya was yet another example of Bradley's "shock and awe" brand of storytelling.  He obviously didn't think it through beyond the initial, "Oh nooos!  Maya is REALLY Myron and Rick's been sleeping with a dude!" nonsense.  He's had no idea what to do with the character despite arrogantly declaring at that time that Karla Mosley was effectively the show's leading lady--period.  Several of us laughed outright and didn't hold back our irritation at that pronouncement.  The storyline was handled like an ABC After School Special, where all was forgiven after 45 minutes of actual air time.  Rick barely batted an eyelash and anyone who dared to call Maya out on her gold digging and trifling behavior had to worry about being considered trans phobic.  Rick is chained to Maya and the only storylines they have is whether or not to use Nicole's womb to birth their babies, as well as dealing with the occasional bigot.  As beautiful as Ms. Mosley is, I have never bought Maya as some runway model who is virtually iconic.

On 11/20/2017 at 5:38 PM, TobinAlbers said:

Congrats to JMcW on her engagement.

WOW...It's amazing how much younger--and basic--she looks without the troweled on drag.  And, yes, her fiance does have a striking resemblance to SC's Liam.  Congrats.

• Love 1

So Brooke and Katie are hanging on Eric but Quinn is standing off to the side by Bill with Ridge behind her? Rick is one side while his wife, Maya, is on the other side? Liam is in the second row while his wife is in the front row holding a dog? I see Pam but where is that genius Charlie? This is all kinds of wrong unless it’s a preview of what’s coming in the new year. And that doesn’t bode well at all, friends. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Gam2 said:

So Brooke and Katie are hanging on Eric but Quinn is standing off to the side by Bill with Ridge behind her? Rick is one side while his wife, Maya, is on the other side? Liam is in the second row while his wife is in the front row holding a dog? I see Pam but where is that genius Charlie? This is all kinds of wrong unless it’s a preview of what’s coming in the new year. And that doesn’t bode well at all, friends. 

I don't know if I would use the placement of the actors in the picture as an indication of storylines to come.  It's not surprising that KKL and JM are front and center since they are the show's two remaining original cast members.  DD is standing next to KKL, but Brad Bell and DD both indicated in the SOD promoting Swill that Brill is done for good (I know...I know...there's no such thing as "for good" on this show).  I do think based on what I saw that TIIC will tease the audience with Quidge but keep Ridge's rancid ass tied to Brooke until the show finally goes off the air, which is unfortunate.  I like HTom's dress, and I love that shade of green on KKL.

As for JMW and that poor puppy.  It doesn't bode well when I have to wonder where the pelts for Stuffy's ill-fitting lace front wigs and weaves come from.  Even in that picture, I can see that her face is pulled so tight that her eyes are virtually slits.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

As for JMW and that poor puppy.  It doesn't bode well when I have to wonder where the pelts for Stuffy's ill-fitting lace front wigs and weaves come from.  Even in that picture, I can see that her face is pulled so tight that her eyes are virtually slits.

When I 1st spotted JMW, I had no idea who she even was & wondered what Kylie Jenner was doing on a B&B promo picture.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I know he probably didn't mean for the snappie to cut her off but it says so much about Lope all the same. LOL

And now we know - Liam sure as hell has scenes with new Hope.

Heh. It reminds me of one of Matula's Emmy reels where she got sooooooo upstaged by Clifton.

I mean...i expected him to have scenes with her. After all, she was his first love, no matter what crap TIIC have peddled the last few months. Hopefully, they'll gut Lope 2.0 like they did Sheila if and when reception tanks. And I really hope it does, because Sally deserves better and Liam need not revert to being a waffling ass just because he's hurting over his lowlife wife and father.

• Love 1
On 12/6/2017 at 10:49 PM, grisgris said:

I think that SC looks excited.  He's probably thrilled to have another beautiful new co-star to detract from scenes with JMW. The big question ... she's pretty but can she act?

As if the ability to act ever had an impact on casting!

• Love 7

First B&B Daytime Emmy nods:

Uh ... Oh-KAY ...

Daytime Television - Best Make-Up nominees:
“The Bold and the Beautiful’s” Christine Lai Johnson, Chris Escobosa and Jenna Wittman
"The Real's" Melanie Mills, Glen Gutierrez and Motoko Honjo-Clayton
"Super Soul Sunday's" Derrick Rutledge
"Dr. Phil's" Cool Benson

Daytime Television - Best Faux-Hair Styling nominees:
“The Bold and the Beautiful’s” Lisa Long, Danielle Spencer, Danielle Dixon and Jenna Wittman
"The Real's" Roberta Gardener Rogers, Ray Dodson and Noogie Thai
"Super Soul Sunday's" Nicole Mangrum

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 1

Soap Central B&B best and worst of 2017:

http://soapcentral.com/bb/content/scoop/twoscoops/2017/171225.php

http://soapcentral.com/bb/content/scoop/twoscoops/2018/180101.php

Best Wedding- Zende & Nicole.  Huh?

Just now, Anna Yolei said:

Oh, I know that, I'm just wondering why. I would think there's not much in the way of makeup tech when Phil is the only one getting touched up is all.

Maybe he has it really troweled on & would look even worse without it :)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Forget giving Raya a story, give Maya her own story!

Putting aside my feelings for Maya, she is the rare trans WOC on TV (the only other one anyone can name is Sophia from OITNB) and there's a whole chest of stories that could be unique to her situation. It's great that they're finally removing her off the shelf to give her the same WTF out the blue relationships than the cis women get, but they could be doing so much more than that.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Awww, love that he's doing his thing!

I listened to it.  Country isn't my thing, so I really didn't like it, but I will admit he has a decent voice.

That's just criminal about DD.

With all do respect, what SL did John MCook has this past year that was worthy of a lead actor nomination? Other than the long-overdue standing ovation-worthy reading Liam for filth, not much else ... The reveal of Quidge was a letdown because there were no lasting repercussions for any of the parties involved.

While JMW has shown some improvement as of 1-1-18, again, there was nothing she did last year that stood out. CH should have been nominated instead. Sally had some great scenes, not limited to being buried under rubble with Liam.

I think it's a given that unless HT has a major SL, there will be no leading actress nomination.  The crazy Katie scenes weren't that good. RS was worthy of a supporting actress nod, as well. as DD for supporting actor. Her scenes with TK (while wrong) were very good.

As long as the writers have KKL keep ping-ponging back and forth from showing growth and moving on to right back to being Sludge's chew-toy, I see no accolades in her future. That's a shame. Brooke's scenes in both chewing out Sludge and Bill were good, but few and far between and with no sustenance.

I don't watch any other soaps, so it makes me wonder if none of the other shows have much of a JV cast? Repeat my very first sentence IRT Slouchy, Zende and Nicole. WTF?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, grisgris said:

With all do respect, what SL did John MCook has this past year that was worthy of a lead actor nomination? Other than the long-overdue standing ovation-worthy reading Liam for filth, not much else ... The reveal of Quidge was a letdown because there were no lasting repercussions for any of the parties involved.

Those scenes of him  disowning Ridge definitely were enough to get him a prenom. John McCook ain't submitting in Supporting Actor.

For a second I read HT as Hunter Tylo. Hee. Heather Tom probably asked for a damn vacation after years of Crazy Katie. Bet they'll have her back in the running next year.

• Love 3

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/25/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-soap-opera-star-winsor-harmon-arrested-drunk-in-public/

In broad daylight, Winsor Harmon peed in a public park and then was found in his vehicle (which was littered with wine bottles) without pants, and then arrested.

I wonder if a drinking problem had anything to do with his decreased screen time and replacement? Anyway, I hope that he gets the help that he needs. I really liked him as Thorne.

• Love 3

I recall reading about a similar incident a few years back. It involved WH being intoxicated and his vehicle was mention. Honestly, that's about as much as I remember, so I'm not going to speculate. I'm sure that if it is worth mentioning, it will be dug up and tied to this latest incident soon enough.

It does make you wonder if there was a pattern of behavior that that caused Thorne to be back-burned and WH eventually replaced. Sad. I hope he gets help, too.

• Love 2