Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

On 7/15/2017 at 6:55 PM, Gam2 said:

Why in the world are ZZZZZende and Nicole there?! I was so hoping they were off my screen forever. What the heck are Katie, Steffy and Nicole wearing? Those are ugly dresses but KKL looks stunning! Why aren't Thomas and Sally standing beside each other? So many questions, so few answers.

And what is on Zende's feet? Those dresses are ugly as fuck and Sally's dress is very dull. KKL does look great, Bill Spencer looks ridiculous.

Yes to making Saul be his own true self instead of whining and pining after Sally who will never, ever in a million years be attracted to him.

• Love 2

I randomly tuned into "The Kitchen" on Food Network today and Scott Clifton did a brief guest segment at the end of the show. I don't know when the show aired but the hosts were congratulating him on his Daytime Emmy as well as being a new father.  He "helped" Sunny Anderson make a dessert that they cooked outside on a grill. He acted afraid to do much of anything. I found that odd because in the past, he cooked quite a bit on the show when he was fixing dinners for Steffy.  (Who can forget the air guitar with wooden spoon on motorcycle miscarriage day?) Anyway, he seemed like a nice enough guy.  It just seemed like such an odd choice of a show for a guest appearance. Usually, if an actor is on a cooking show it's because they have some affinity for food.

• Love 6

I swear, I had to go back & look at the picture when you all mentioned DD's "Saturday Night Fever" suit. I never made it past his face. That man is just perfection, & getting better with age. I seriously thought he was smoking hot in the '80s, but add a little gray to the temple...Mommy likes! 

• Love 5

I took a peek at Soap Opera Digest today at the grocery store. Both Rena Sofer and Courtney Hope were named among the "most beautiful" women on soaps. They were both very flattered and humble. The didn't really reveal any earth-shattering beauty secrets. However, RS gets Botox (Aha! That explains the on-and-off bangs) and she is going to keep her hair long. Yay! Courtney said she typically doesn't wear much or any makeup because she is always at the gym or dance studio but enjoys getting "glammed up" on the show.

Kudos to two truly bold and beautiful women!

• Love 9

Congrats to them both! Whatever else can be said, B&B has a great track record of casting the most gorgeous women in daytime :)

I wish that translated a bit more to the men. The current crop is nothing to write home about now that PF and the Zende actor are gone.

• Love 3

Hmmm, interesting indeed. Maybe he'll be the older voice of reason over at SF? I doubt they'd revisit that history with Brooke when Bell has spent the last two decades downplaying it's existence. And the bigger drama would be Bill versus Sludge.

Speaking of casting, I think it wouldve been neat had Coco been cast with one of the Pace twins. They were great kid actresses as far as kids go and it would've been nice to see them back on the show in some way.

• Love 3

On one hand I hope Thorne has a new baby and wife when he returns. That branch of Forrester needs to be restored. Can it be Sasha? ;) 

On the other, the fact they're recasting tells me they want a specific actor for the role- probably a bigger 'name' and that he's to be paired with someone big on the show, namely Brooke. Maybe a back-up for Katie. Hopefully not a potential for Quinn as she'd then be  another woman who went for daddy and then both sons. 

Thorne is to not be the same old, same old, but have real impact and make waves. Eric can no longer be the back-up/fall back for Brooke since he's with Quinn and Sheila so Thorne seems to have been tapped. This new actor has to be able to go toe to toe with Bill and Ridge. And he has to play some role at Spectra. I can see him taking Thomas's role as the Forrester backer by providing money and business acumen/support. Intrigued by who will get the part.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm sad for WH whom I really liked in the role.

But since they are recasting, I'd love to see Matthew Ashford as the new Thorne - I think he would be amazing with KKL as I loved Throoke back in the day.

Girrrrrrrl, Matt Ashford?! I hadn't thought of that but damn, he'd totally work as a darker Thorne. The Thorne that shot Ridge in the head levels of dark. A Thorne who you could believe would be the underdog and play dirty and be broken by years of Eric, Ridge, and Stephanie's crap and be rootable even as he's kicking heads and weeping over his dead baby girl.

And if they need to, I could see him paired with Quinn with them becoming a dark power couple.

• Love 3

Apparently, Indo Rademacher has been recast as Thorne.  Well, at least he's age-appropriate, which was one of the major concerns I had.

https://www.tvinsider.com/446115/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-casting-ingo-rademacher-new-thorne-forrester/

Now, I'm curious about whom they are going to chem test him against.  Ironically, he was supposed to be with Rena Sofer's GH character, Lois, back in the day.  However, the actor indicated he has been reading up on Brooke and Thorne's relationship, which sounds a little ominous to me.

I was hoping he would be brought on to avenge Aly's death.  But, at the rate things are going, Thorne will end up kissing Stuffy's corn-encrusted and hammer-toed feet and thanking her for getting rid of his only child.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 6

Hmmm, looks like they're pulling a Jason Thomson on us (on the looks department, hopefully not the acting!)

Not an ABC girl so I never heard of him, but I wish him the best of luck. It's so weird that, for me and least, Harmon is the only Thorne I've known. He was still a pretty new recast in 1999 when I started watching, and the most talented of the three (although Clayton Norcross in a Speedo....yum! ?❤️). I wish him the best of luck.

4 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Hmmm, looks like they're pulling a Jason Thomson on us (on the looks department, hopefully not the acting!)

Not an ABC girl so I never heard of him, but I wish him the best of luck. It's so weird that, for me and least, Harmon is the only Thorne I've known. He was still a pretty new recast in 1999 when I started watching, and the most talented of the three (although Clayton Norcross in a Speedo....yum! ?❤️). I wish him the best of luck.

I used to watch GH back in the day and he had amazing chemistry with Vanessa Marcil (Brenda).  He was gorgeous and could play the ruthless tycoon.  Of course, no one is allowed to win against Scummy Conrinthos.  

I am very disappointed that WH wasn't asked back.  Is it because they think he doesn't play "ruthless" well enough?  I would love to see Thorne go up against the Marone branch of the Forrester family, who are so entitled and run around like their shit don't stink.  It never made any sense to me how the rest of Eric's adult children with Stephanie would sit idly by and allow Ridge to walk off with the fat of the land, while they were reduced to getting crumbs.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I am very disappointed that WH wasn't asked back.

I think he seems like a nice guy, I hope he just didn't want to return.  Based on what he's re-tweeting, though, I don't think that's the case!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I used to watch GH back in the day and he had amazing chemistry with Vanessa Marcil (Brenda).  He was gorgeous and could play the ruthless tycoon.  Of course, no one is allowed to win against Scummy Conrinthos.  

Don't get me started I loved J&B so hard. It broke my shipper heart how thoroughly they trashed them only for Jax to hook up with Carly who had all Brenda's worst Sonny obsessions cranked up to 11.  IR and LW had mad chemistry but you cannot convince me that Jax would put up with all Carly's crap over Sonny and not Brenda's because he loved her more. Such BS.

Ahem, back on topic - Ingo's launch story would have to involve Ridge since they're brothers, but as of now the only age appropriate women would be Katie or Quinn unless they bring on Sally's mother in about 6 months who should be in Thorne's age range.  I just don't see his Thorne with this Brooke.

Also while I do want Thorne to be dark and pro-active and kicking ass, I do not want them to kill him off for shock/story and feel that because it's not WH they can get away with it.

• Love 4
On 9/26/2017 at 11:45 AM, MulletorHater said:

Now, see, it's hard for me to imagine that TK's version of Ridge is someone that Stephanie would have obsessed over his entire adult life.

The only thing she would have obsessed about is his lack of grooming :)

• Love 6
On 9/25/2017 at 7:12 AM, Petunia13 said:

This might mean they intend to give Thorne story. Shame they senselessly murdered his child to prop a basic less likable bitch. 

Since Taylor came back from the dead twice, can't the writers find it in their cold black hearts to bring Ally back from London with Thorne?  See, she didn't really die when she hit her head on that rock, her comatose body was whisked away to London by her daddy to keep his precious daughter away from all the other nasty Forresters.  But a recovering Ally read about Spectra in Eye On Fashion and is now itching to join Sally.

• Love 8

I wonder if she was on the fence when she signed on for B&B and then once Summer of Sheila tanked, she decided to go ahead and throw her hat in the ring. Or if she's been informed her one year contract is being shortened and she went ahead and investigated other options.

In any case who wants to bet Sheila fakes her death and frames Quinn who then is out on trial for the one crime she didn't commit?

• Love 1

Well, you might be on to something. It sounds like the writers needs to come up with something STAT for Quinn.  I read that RS broke her ankle IRL very recently while playing tennis. In fact, LG is being her cheerleader/coach while she recovers.

So either Quinn is going to vanish or the massage table sessions with Mateo are going to ramp up to keep RS off her feet.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, grisgris said:

Well, you might be on to something. It sounds like the writers needs to come up with something STAT for Quinn.  I read that RS broke her ankle IRL very recently while playing tennis. In fact, LG is being her cheerleader/coach while she recovers.

So either Quinn is going to vanish or the massage table sessions with Mateo are going to ramp up to keep RS off her feet.

Which is why Ingo should've been cast as her physical therapist/doctor who is a little too flirty for Eric's liking and makes inappropriate housecalls.

Then again Quinn falling into a coma due to Sheila shenanigans and being bedridden is another way to go. She needs a break.

One more option is she puts her foot so far up Katie's butt for 'sullying' her baby boy that she breaks her ankle!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

In any case who wants to bet Sheila fakes her death and frames Quinn who then is out on trial for the one crime she didn't commit?

I hate when shows pull this trope BTW: having a shit villain get away with being shitty, then put them up on trial for something they didn't do, then everyone comes back to slobbing Victor Newman's knob and being fambly again, like he didn't get his pregnant daughter with a history of conception problems arrested on her wedding day or cut Nick out the company because he stood up against Victor's bullying. ?

It's just like back when the truth about Douglas came out and Eric pinned the onus on Ridge for not coming out. Out of all the things Ridge had done to Eric from sleeping with Brooke during their marriage to cutting off their suppliers to force Ambrosia to sell the line on QVC to his many, many fights with Rick (who Eric had given a free pass about shooting at Ridge in the damn office!)--this is the thing you want to hold him accountable for? 

Ugh. If they want to reform Quinn, then just do it. Stop with these gimmicks, have her take responsibility for her shit behavior, apologize to Liam for everything she put him through that began well before Captive Cabin, and make changes to be a better person. Not these gimmicks with Sheila. If we needed catfights, let Sheila and Steffy go at it. Steffy for the slattern she is has every right to hate Sheila and Sheila may do the first truly selfless act in 25 years of rescuing that animal off the slattern's head when she goes for pulling hair. A win either way.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Then again Quinn falling into a coma due to Sheila shenanigans and being bedridden is another way to go. She needs a break.

That, too.

What ruined Adam Newman's first run, more than the stupid decision to have him go full Darth Vader to begin with, was not taking at least six weeks off to truly plan out what to do after Muhney became such a hit that Maria Bell decided against killing him off. Instead, he was constantly on rescuing babies and dogs but never expressing any real remorse for the baby switch.

Quinn isn't quite so far gone and the writers have wisely kept her and Liam's scenes to a minimum since, but it's time to regroup with her, I agree. Sofer is too talented to waste but she deserves better.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I hate when shows pull this trope BTW: having a shit villain get away with being shitty, then put them up on trial for something they didn't do, then everyone comes back to slobbing Victor Newman's knob and being fambly again, like he didn't get his pregnant daughter with a history of conception problems arrested on her wedding day or cut Nick out the company because he stood up against Victor's bullying. ?

Victor can eat poop and die for all I care. The writing for him is horrible.

The only way I would entertain a Sheila frames Quinn story is if in the course of her persecution, Quinn does have a come to Jesus moment about the crap she pulled on everyone including Liam and made amends and apologies and vows to be better and actually do better once she is exonerated.

The other way they could sideline Quinn is have Sheila do to her what Quinn did to Liam - kidnap her and lock her in a cabin or dump her in a well or dungeon and Sheila text everyone that Quinn needed to get away from it all after the ish with Ridge and hurting Eric and her disappointment in Wyatt hooking up with Katie.  Quinn hurts her ankle trying to escape and make Mateo her caretaker/gatekeeper/psycho who falls in love with her and wants them to be together forever and who Quinn has to try to manipulate and be at the mercy of for her freedom. No one would really look for her for a while wanting to 'give her space'.  Let Eric move on due to Sheila's machinations like Steffy did with Wyatt and Wyatt put Katie in charge of Fuller jewelry the way Bill gave Liam's jobs to Wyatt and Quinn comes back to her life months later to find that everything she had was taken away from her the way it was for Liam -and everyone telling HER to just get over it.

• Love 3
On 10/14/2017 at 9:56 AM, grisgris said:

It's official!

1010-kimberlin_brown_for_congress.jpg

Yay, go Kimberlin!!!  And go right off our show, while you're at it!  I have nothing against her personally whatsoever, but the Summer of Sheila, which apparently is morphing into the Autumn of Sheila, needs to just STOP!!!

• Love 5

Ingo (Thorne) in a red turtleneck in California doesn’t compute. Also, he’s too tall for the part. LOL!!!! I like IR but they didn’t need to cast a new Thorne. Winsor Harmon was fine in the role when given something to do.