Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

You know, Thomas' portrayer, really is a very handsome dude. I'm totally crazy, but I've never noticed it before. He's always so smarmy, but he's really super pretty. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, nkotb said:

You know, Thomas' portrayer, really is a very handsome dude. I'm totally crazy, but I've never noticed it before. He's always so smarmy, but he's really super pretty. 

I certainly know the difference between an actor and the character he/she plays, but I can't help but like a character when I like the actor and vice versa.  That is why it kills me that Thomas is such an ass, I really like who portrays him, he's such a cutie!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Remember this "amazing" dress Thomas designed for Hope? I just learned that Drew Barrymore wore it to the Golden Globes back in 2017. Who wore it worse?:

DEknIvF.jpg

IMO, neither woman looks great in it. I think this is a look that probably works best on a very tall, very thin person. Those sleeves and the patterns in the bodice area can really highlight the chest and waist in unflattering ways.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I hate to say this, but Zoe would absolutely slay that dress as I think the fabric needs a darker skin tone to pull it off. It just makes anybody with fair/light skin look washed out. Plus, Zoe has the figure (no knocks to AN or DB) and the dramatic facial features. I guess of the two above. Drew looks better. But then, she's been professionally styled to look good under bright lights on the red carpet. I get that the designer was trying to go for an ethereal look, but it's an epic fail all around. A sad, sad frock. ☹️

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Love 7
On 8/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, nkotb said:

This is where beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't find him attractive at all.

• Love 4

I think it's telling of how utterly wrecked B&B fandom when Y&R fans are happier this news because they found their show to be exceedingly boring ATM:

I once had a customer when I did car sales that wanted a car we'd already marked down $3k and wanted another $3k off that one manager turned down, and the fucker went around and called the other manager who agreed to it because he's a complete chucklefuck and wanted another deal (he was management/sales floor which is a terrible idea for so many reasons but well beyond my long winded point Im getting to) and the rich little entitled bastard looked so smug when he came back on Monday to buy it that I wouldve let the guy have the entire sale if it weren't the end of the month and I didn't need that half a point for my quota.

Thats exactly how I feel learning that THIS was the thing that finally dethroned Y&R (which really hasn't earned it's top spot in a decade, at least). This horrible, horrible story that's alienated nearly all of its long-time viewers that stood by for some truly rank and/or repetitive stuff before this...this goddamn story that is to B&B what Season 8 was to Game of Thrones.

Only not, because at least that pain ended and who knows if Beth being found is only the beginning of even more horrors now that Brad Bell has been "rewarded" for the one time he subverted expectations. 😠

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Remember this "amazing" dress Thomas designed for Hope? I just learned that Drew Barrymore wore it to the Golden Globes back in 2017. Who wore it worse?:

DEknIvF.jpg

IMO, neither woman looks great in it. I think this is a look that probably works best on a very tall, very thin person. Those sleeves and the patterns in the bodice area can really highlight the chest and waist in unflattering ways.

It's a fugly dress.  Proven by the fact that beautiful women wearing it look less than beautiful.

At least in Hope's case, she was cringing cause she in her heart she knew that Thomas was potentially a serial killer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I just watched a psychological thriller movie called Occupant, and Thorsten Kaye/Ridge plays a Russian/Eastern European sounding doorman at an apartment building in NYC.  It's the first time I've seen him in a different role.   The movie came out in 2011 and got mostly bad reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.

Edited by Ohwell
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

How is it SC/Liam has been on the show full time for like a decade and only learned this week Brooke has a degree in chemistry? 🤔 

In his defense, I'd watched since '99 and I didn't learn that little factoid until well after I'd joined TWoP and started discussing the show there. Even back that far, her intelligence and major creation of Belief had been revised and rewritten as "Brooke slept her way into CEO!"

• Love 2

^^ We need a mad reaction, in regards to Justin being off-contract. So stupid. He's hot, he's not related to most of the cast, he can act, & he's in scenes with $Bill, for the most part. It's not rocket science, write him in, & some of the riff-raff out. B&B is already losing money & viewers because of the impeachment (not a political statement at all, just that when the impeachment is on, they're not making ad revenue, or gaining viewers), dumb decisions like this won't help their cause.

• Love 3

Google tracks all my activity

Wait, what? I know you can set up Google news notifications based on specific keywords you designate yourself but are they now identifying on their own what they want to alert you about? Ehhhhh, that's kind of creepy to me.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

Our beloved $Bill made the sweetest Instagram post about Lee Phillip Bell. Scroll through the pix if you have a second. I had kind of forgotten that he's been a CBS star for 35 years. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wait, what? I know you can set up Google news notifications based on specific keywords you designate yourself but are they now identifying on their own what they want to alert you about? Ehhhhh, that's kind of creepy to me.

Yeah, right?  And FB is even worse. I had an....we, bad experience with certain edible  items ( 😉) and call 911 to get checked out. The next day, I get an ad for drug rehab that I never saw before or since 😐

As for DD's message...❤️❤️❤️❤️ I guess that explains how he was hired so quickly after Y&R literally fridged Brad! 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 2

Oh, I wish they incorporated more of SC's personality into Liam, like they've incorporated DD's personality into $Bill. If Liam had more personality, I might see why 2 of the most well-connected women in LA, are willing to look like total idiots for him. 

Having said that, I do think that Liam & Hope really are the ones for each other. I think he loves Steffy, & always will, but I think he always has been, & always will be, IN love with Hope 

• Love 9

https://deadline.com/2020/03/the-young-and-the-restless-the-bold-and-the-beautiful-suspend-production-coronavirus-crisis-1202885176/

EXCLUSIVE: CBS’ daytime dramas are the latest TV series impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. In the face of a fast-escalating health crisis and new restrictions by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti aimed at slowing the epidemic, The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful are stopping production.

The shutdown is effective tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17, as both series are dark on Mondays. Currently, filming is suspended for the next two weeks. Both shows have about 4-6 weeks worth of episodes in the can.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

To be entirely fair, I'd be upset that it was being interrupted now that the focus is finally moving away from the carnage of the Beth story, too 😛

i kid, but between this and the impeachment that we only just got back on track from, 2020 hasn't been a good year for soaps.

• Love 1