Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Shifty Wigs

• Start Topic

Gizelle plans a family photo shoot; Wendy struggles with telling her mother she wants to quit teaching; Ashley arranges for Michael to speak with her uncle and mom; Karen celebrates her wig line launch with a party.

Airdate 11.29.2020

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, nexxie said:

Ooooh, is Gizelle providing proof that her man lives outside her phone?!

Looking forward to Wendy’s talk with her mom, and Michael’s meeting with Ashley’s family - messy real life stuff.

Gizelle’s man definitely lives outside his phone.  I’ve heard he has a summer home under a rock.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Gizelle: your dad's coming for the holidays

Kids: why?

I love those girls!

I sincerely hope that if those kids try to, like, reverse Parent Trap their parents, that it ends up on the show.

They could not be less enthusiastic about this relationship.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Dear Wendy, you’re a grown ass woman.  Make your own career choices.  I thought you were smart and had four, 4, IIII, degrees.

None of them is a management degree, I guess.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Gizelle's girls are not even trying to pretend that the whole reconciliation of the parents is in any way real.

I DO NOT want to watch  Le Dame and her "sexy" time with her geriatric husband.

Glad Wendy stood up to her mom.

Bush baby Bill creeps me out just looking at him.

• Love 12

Lord help us, I thought this was the last episode.  

Karen’s big sexy bathtub scene was so fake.  No thanks.

Gizelle’s ex couldn’t make the family photo shoot bec he missed his flight from where to Atlanta?  (And then missed his flight from Atlanta to MD.). I missed it and really don’t care enough to go back to try to find out.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

The reason Karen lied about Monique coming to the party is if she had told the group Monique was coming, the group wouldn't have come and her party wouldn't have aired.

Karen has made her choice of side very clear and she needs to own that and live in it.  Did Karen invite Monique early to the party or not? If Karen did invite Monique early and it's true she also invited Candiace to come early, it sounds like, to me, Karen wanted something to pop off between Candiace and Monique to provide further "proof" Candiace was at fault.  Again, I would not be surprised to learn Karen also wrote a statement against Candiace to Montgomery Police.

If it's your party and you can invite anyone you want to, just say that and keep it moving.  But again, if Karen had told the group that, only Ashley and Monique would've shown up and her party wouldn't have aired*.

So now I want to know what's going on with Michael and Karen saying Juan is creeping on Robyn.

Ashley looked a fool sitting there making faces as Candiace ignored her.  Girl bye.  Why would Candiace kissy face with you?

Anytime your kids don't like your boyfriend...and your boyfriend is THEIR FATHER...GURL

Gizelle said Jamal was flying from Ghana to Atlanta and then from Atlanta to DC.  Why didn't Jamal just fly into Dulles from Ghana?  He didn't seem to care too much about missing the photo shoot with his girls (who are GORGEOUS).  I felt bad for them and Gizelle felt bad too because she knows Jamal ain't shit and the girls know Jamal ain't shit and the girls know Gizelle ain't shit either.

I want Uncle Lump to put his foot up Michael's ass one good time.  You know he wants to.

*To tell the truth, the Ashley/Robyn/Wendy/Candiace group would probably be a cool friend group without the polarizing Gizelle/Karen/Monique around.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 17

I hated Ashley and Monique’s hair at their sit-down lunch, each for different reasons.  Ashley looks so rough this season.  I noticed a tramp stamp when she got up to do something for Dean (why am I not surprised?) And Ashley really needs to decide on a hair color/scheme.  Wendy, who is not as pretty as them in the face, looked so much fresher and more stylish at the pumpkin patch.  

Karen completely said in Portugal that Monique wasn’t invited to the wig event.  Monique was going to accept whatever it was that was said, because beggars can’t be choosers.  I’m not sure why Karen thinks it’s ok to lie so much.  This is why she’ll never be one of my favorites.  She knows about cameras and mics, right?

I’m not sure why Michael needs to answer for his actions to Uncle Lump and Sheila.  He should have to answer to Ashley, unless they’re paying Michael’s bills.  And, according to Ashley, he didn’t do anything so bad—he kissed a woman in a hotel room without Ashley’s prior consent, because, according to Ashley, the marriage was open, subject only to some constraints.  Sheila wasn’t lying when she said she didn’t want an apology—she wants to keep the checks coming.

Karen thinks the way to forgive and move on is through lying?  Interesting. Monique has no shame in her game allowing herself to get hustled out of the party before it starts.

That was an interesting tidbit that Gizelle dropped that the business is Steven’s, not Karen’s, business.

I thought Ashley looked kind of spectacular in her wig.  Robyn looked great both ways.  Who really cares, when all is said and done, whether Karen was lying about having an ulcer?  If Karen’s lips are moving, she’s lying. Ashley doesn’t need to expose that.

It was so funny that Ray ducked out as soon as Karen brought up Juan.  Also, if Karen had something to say about Juan, why didn’t she say it? She’s so full of shit.

That was a rough episode. Karen in a bathtub, Gizelle taking some uncomfortable pictures, Karen lying.  Some riveting stuff.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I felt bad for them and Gizelle felt bad too because she knows Jamal ain't shit and the girls know Jamal ain't shit and the girls know Gizelle ain't shit either.

Seriously, I’m constantly astonished that such a physically beautiful and charming woman as Gizelle can’t seem to find a decent guy. She’s a total loser-magnet!! And it’s really quite pathetic that she’s had to play up this fake “reconciliation” storyline with Jamal just to have something going on in her life otherwise. (Has she even had a storyline this season??) Beyond her naturally catty nature, I just want to know what the Hell is wrong with Giz that she can’t seem to find a good man...I used to think maybe her standards were just way too high, but after watching her fawn over losers like Sherman and now Jamal, maybe the pickings are really that damned slim for women of her age looking for rich men in that area. Or maybe she just has horrible judgement/projects clingy desperation when it comes to finding a suitable life partner...

Speaking of desperation, Monique showing up early to Karen’s cheesy little soirée just to get so quickly ushered out was the height of awkward. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by anything Monique does anymore, but I just couldn’t fathom why she even felt the need to show up to Karen’s event at that point, especially when Karen lied right in front of her and Ashley about the invite.
Maybe the producers forced Mo to show up and/or Mo felt it was important to show up to any onscreen events by then for necessary camera time, but either way it was not a good look for her or Karen.

Whenever I try to like and understand Karen more, she gets all flustered, refuses to acknowledge her messy lies, and flounces out of events as opposed to simply standing up for herself and “owning it” a’la Lisa Rinna.

Ashley really isn’t loyal to anyone but herself, is she? And to Monique for self-serving reasons, of course.

• Love 14

Ray and Karen are awkward together, Ashley and Michael are awkward together, Robyn and Juan are awkward together, Gizelle and Lives in her phone man are awkward together.  What's the deal with that?

The scene with Wendy's mother is on again.  Woman needs bitch slapped.

• Love 6

Ashley has looked pretty awful this entire season.   Maybe its the baby, Dean is her first and she may be legitimately tired.  I know for sure she isn't getting help and I doubt Michael is really paying for a full time nanny, I'm guessing that comes directly out of Ashley's RH check.....as does any money for Sheila.  I also don't think she is used to having anything but a perfect body so maybe thats throwing her off her game.  I feel like Ashley's entire pre-pregnancy wardrobe was a step up from forever 21.  She doesn't have the body for that now, but it doesn't mean she can't work with Stitch Fix or something.  And her hair has also been a mess.  

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Seriously, I’m constantly astonished that such a physically beautiful and charming woman as Gizelle can’t seem to find a decent guy. She’s a total loser-magnet!! And it’s really quite pathetic that she’s had to play up this fake “reconciliation” storyline with Jamal just to have something going on in her life otherwise. (Has she even had a storyline this season??) Beyond her naturally catty nature, I just want to know what the Hell is wrong with Giz that she can’t seem to find a good man...I used to think maybe her standards were just way too high, but after watching her fawn over losers like Sherman and now Jamal, maybe the pickings are really that damned slim for women of her age looking for rich men in that area. Or maybe she just has horrible judgement/projects clingy desperation when it comes to finding a suitable life partner...

Speaking of desperation, Monique showing up early to Karen’s cheesy little soirée just to get so quickly ushered out was the height of awkward. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by anything Monique does anymore, but I just couldn’t fathom why she even felt the need to show up to Karen’s event at that point, especially when Karen lied right in front of her and Ashley about the invite.
Maybe the producers forced Mo to show up and/or Mo felt it was important to show up to any onscreen events by then for necessary camera time, but either way it was not a good look for her or Karen.

Whenever I try to like and understand Karen more, she gets all flustered, refuses to acknowledge her messy lies, and flounces out of events as opposed to simply standing up for herself and “owning it” a’la Lisa Rinna.

Ashley really isn’t loyal to anyone but herself, is she? And to Monique for self-serving reasons, of course.

Gizelle said something once about liking guys with an "edge" or "bad boys" or something like that.  I remember thinking it didn't sound great for a woman trying to model a good relationship for her teenage daughters, but there it is.  It was like after she went out with that guy named Herman, he was dorky, but he seemed like a solid guy with a good job who wasn't going to cheat.  She was like "thank u, next"

However, I sincerely hope, for everyone's sake that her Jamal romance is just a storyline and she is secretly dating a really nice guy who can keep up with her.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Gizelle said something once about liking guys with an "edge" or "bad boys" or something like that.  I remember thinking it didn't sound great for a woman trying to model a good relationship for her teenage daughters, but there it is.  It was like after she went out with that guy named Herman, he was dorky, but he seemed like a solid guy with a good job who wasn't going to cheat.  She was like "thank u, next"

However, I sincerely hope, for everyone's sake that her Jamal romance is just a storyline and she is secretly dating a really nice guy who can keep up with her.  

IIRC, Sherman was the one who bailed on her. He stood her up before Candiace's wedding and I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

IIRC, Sherman was the one who bailed on her. He stood her up before Candiace's wedding and I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I believe these was a Sherman and a HERMAN.  LOL.  IIRC, Herman was the guy a few seasons ago that Gizelle brought to Karen't s yacht party and she went out on a date with him and avoided kissing him.  

I am not sure if Sherman and Herman are realated, but I'd love it. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

There was a guy named Herman, who was kind of dorky and then there was Sherman, the guy Monique made sure dumped Gizelle when she exposed his business.

Wendy's mother needs to be slapped for having a Rihanna colored face and a Lupita N'yong'o colored hand.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

It’s none of Wendy’s moms business what Wendy does for her career. She expects Wendy and her husband to cater to her. I would’ve left her ass in the pumpkin patch.

It was good to see Monique again! 
Michael could barely apologize to Lump and Shelia. He does not give one F about stepping out on Ashley. You can tell he doesn’t think much of her or her family.

Poor Gizelle. The girls don’t even want their dad around for the holidays. Then getting stood up at the photo shoot. Why would you fly in that close to the shoot? 

Karen, Karen Karen. Was Ray really going to get into the bathtub? I’d worry about him getting out again.  
They can say what they want about the wig line, nobody is creating their own stuff. Robyn is not sewing hats. Gizelle is not creating makeup. Candiace can’t sing. They are using their names to sell whatever. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Gizelle’s man definitely lives outside his phone.  I’ve heard he has a summer home under a rock.

HA! Seems he couldn’t drag himself out long enough to be in the “family” photo.

• Love 7

Baugher's is about 13 minutes up the road from me, I used to take my kids there when they were little, they have cherry trees and apple orchards too, I am a little bummed I did not know they were filming!  It is interesting that they schlepped from Potomac to Westminster as in there was no other pumpkin patch closer to Potomac.  Isn't it interesting that Wendy's mother went from telling her she is a spoiled brat to telling her do what makes you happy in the same breath.  Wendy's mother kept saying she had no idea places like this existed in the US, was this really surprising to her? There is plenty of farm land around Potomac.

Karen has a wig line now and Ray is fine with yet another (fake) venture that takes her away from him...I seriously doubt she is working 12 hours a day on this project. Why do I think we have seen Karen walking out of her own event in the past like this is not the first time it has happened.

Jamal went to Ghana? The girls are more than okay with him not being anywhere near the photo shoot.

I thought the blonde wig on Candiace looked really good, (I am seriously considering buying a wig, I am trying to grow out my hair from a very short cut and my hair is stuck in an ugly, awkward stage that seems to be eternal). Robin's wig was not bad either, maybe this product line will fair better than her perfume.  Wouldn't it have been funny if Karen had all the ladies model wigs for her website then cut Robin out of it?!

• Love 9

There was no reason for Candiace to update Karen on her arrival if she hadn’t been asked to come early - and why have Monique there too, if not to create a run-in? And why have a teeny tiny wig unveiling at the back of a strip mall unless Karen was planning a Monique-Candiace clusterfuck that was not for Potomac public consumption? This reunion will be popcorn-worthy!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I’m seeing and hearing about way too much about Karen’s sex life this season.  Plus, she might want to leave at least a robe on until she sees if Ray gets up all those steps without having a heart attack.

Dear Wendy’s mother, you’re not in Nigeria any more.  Dear Wendy, you’re a grown ass woman.  Make your own career choices.  I thought you were smart and had four, 4, IIII, degrees.

11 hours ago, Steph J said:

None of them is a management degree, I guess.

Nor in interpersonal communication. 

Sad to say - I don't think Ray/Karen did anything in that tub. For all we know - bathroom could have a side exit. In his younger day - man might would have jumped out the 2nd floor window.  He did seem to be out of breath just coming up the stairs.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Lord help us, I thought this was the last episode.  

Karen’s big sexy bathtub scene was so fake.  No thanks.

Gizelle’s ex couldn’t make the family photo shoot bec he missed his flight from where to Atlanta?  (And then missed his flight from Atlanta to MD.). I missed it and really don’t care enough to go back to try to find out.

I'm calling BS on the flight arrangements - ATL - MD- which has what 2-3 airports?

I understand one airport in MD/DC might make more sense than the other  to fly into - but at least try to get in driving distance from the  studio.

1) Prior to COVID - there is a flight on most airlines that leave every hour from ATL to MD airports. Meaning if Delta (ie major hub/headquarters) left at 7 am, Southwest (decent size mini-hub)  leaves at 8:30 am, next Delta leaves at 9:45... Then its no tell what Jet Blue, United and American's schedule is...

2) I am sure the overseas' trip was booked waaayyy in advance. So the photo shoot should have moved back a day+ anyway. Or flew from overseas to MD. That is kinda poor planning on both Gizelle and ex-hubby "Charlie" - a reference to Charlie from Charlie's Angles - a cast member who we "heard" from but seldom/never "see".  LOL

3) Gizelle trying to play big girl in that it didn't bother her. Damn right it did upset her. I agree with the go ahead though since they were already there. I think by now she wouldn't tell the girls about ex-hubby Charlie until he actually appears in her sights. A lesson that is learned very soon after one divorces with kids. No-shows are disappointing for kids. 

4)Why didn't she plan the photo for when Charlie did appear to tell the kids about the restaurant? She should know that you have to catch that fish when it decides to swim upstream to MD, from ATL..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7

The level of "I don't fucks with him" Gizelle's daughters have for their own bio dad needs some explaining. I can understand them not wanting their parents back together again due to Jamal's past (and present) fuckery but they have such a level of disdain for their dad where it seems they don't even want to be around him in even the basic daughter and dad way.  Hell, I recall them being nicer and more welcoming to Gizelle's ex Sherman. 

Gizelle and the girls looked great for their x-mas card but I don't see the point of going to an x-mas shoot at a set location with hair & makeup artists just to sit awkwardly on a big black leather sofa with no prominent x-mas decor in sight. No tree? No fireplace? What's the point? Why not do this at her newly remodeled home instead?

I have to admit that I can have selective amnesia about HW I like. I had forgotten what a petty liar Karen could be about the dumbest most inconsequential things. The way she has been acting towards Candiace in regards to the fight debacle and her lies are making me not like her.

The interior of the home Juan and Robyn toured was gorgeous. Didn't care for the home's exterior though. Can they afford it?

I can't stand Michael. For the life of my I don't even understands why he continues to appear on this show. Isn't he a multi-millionaire business man/real estate developer? Every season, he is involved in fuckery and is torn apart by the cast and the audience. His reputation has only gone down since his 1st appearance.  Why does he still participate in filming? Why are we still having to look at this wizened Aussie gollum?

Edited by islandgal140
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

Ashley is so messy, calling Karen while at lunch with Monique. And Karen is a bold-faced LIAR!!! She absolutely said that Monique was not invited to the event, not that she couldn’t come. Was she setting Candiace up for a confrontation??? Karen was the only one being loud at her event so she was the embarrassment, not the other ladies. 

Giselle needs to learn how to “read the room”. Her girls are not just “protective of her” they can’t stand their daddy! This should be an embarrassment for her and Jamal. 

Wendy’s Mom is just Ugh! She is taking credit for her daughter’s accomplishments? The only thing owed to Mama is gratitude for raising an ambitious child not for earning the actual degrees (all 4 of them 😂). 

• Love 9

It's weird how much Gizelle's daughters don't seem to like being around their own father. I get being protective of their mother but this goes beyond that. FWIW, I don't think that they are afraid of him or anything (in other words, I don't think he's been abusive towards them) - they just don't seem to like him at all. 

• Love 12

I did think it was funny when Karen rushed Monique out of the door, when Candance was texting she was minutes away...She put a glass of champagne in her hand - just to keep her moving out the door..  😁

Is ok to drink open (from a container or glass)  alcohol  in MD, when  you are a passenger ?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I have to admit that I can have selective amnesia about HW I like. I had forgotten what a petty liar Karen could be about the dumbest most inconsequential things.

If Karen would have been honest and said she was caught between a rock and hard place and was caught off guard about what to say in reguards to Monique being invited or not...I think that would have been an honest response but instead she lied.  Ashley could not wait to put Karen in the hot seat about her lie with all the ladies present.

I have said it before and I will say again, Ashely's apartment looks cramped and oddly decorated, the walls are painted strangely, my hunch is that it was the model apartment for the building and we see the decorator's choices that were there when Michael moved in and does not care to change it, it does not look like Ashley's style is anywhere in that place.

54 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

The interior of the home Juan and Robyn toured was gorgeous. Didn't care for the home's exterior though. Can they afford it?

No.

Karen's house looks rented, no personal touches anywhere, the walls are a blank slate, Karen seems like the type to want to have some big ridiculous portrait of herself somewhere prominatly hanging to greet her guests.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Baugher's is about 13 minutes up the road from me, I used to take my kids there when they were little, they have cherry trees and apple orchards too, I am a little bummed I did not know they were filming!  It is interesting that they schlepped from Potomac to Westminster as in there was no other pumpkin patch closer to Potomac.  Isn't it interesting that Wendy's mother went from telling her she is a spoiled brat to telling her do what makes you happy in the same breath.  Wendy's mother kept saying she had no idea places like this existed in the US, was this really surprising to her? There is plenty of farm land around Potomac.

Karen has a wig line now and Ray is fine with yet another (fake) venture that takes her away from him...I seriously doubt she is working 12 hours a day on this project. Why do I think we have seen Karen walking out of her own event in the past like this is not the first time it has happened.

Jamal went to Ghana? The girls are more than okay with him not being anywhere near the photo shoot.

I thought the blonde wig on Candiace looked really good, (I am seriously considering buying a wig, I am trying to grow out my hair from a very short cut and my hair is stuck in an ugly, awkward stage that seems to be eternal). Robin's wig was not bad either, maybe this product line will fair better than her perfume.  Wouldn't it have been funny if Karen had all the ladies model wigs for her website then cut Robin out of it?!

I'd highly recommend a wig if you're trying to grow your hair out.  I used to get weaves and it REALLY helped to grow my hair because I wasn't fiddling with my hair all the time.  However, there was the issue of scalp tension, so I'd have to take a break because I didn't want to be caught out there with that Naomi Campbell hairline (she is the most gorgeous creature to grace the earth, but her hairline was a little torn up).  

I have a number of wigs at a variety of price points, and I'd say that quality makes a difference in wearability for me, but I've had wigs for years and years.  But there are girls on youtube SLAYING $20 beauty shop wigs.  I'm not that girl.  And I only attach my wigs anymore with clips and a band in the back.  I've had a wig sewn on and it was fine, but the beauty of the wig is that you can braid your hair underneath, attach it with the band and then take it off and wash that hair when you get good n' ready!  I still have wig glue, but I've heard bad things and I had a tough time because I sweat so I won't use it anymore.

And honestly, wigs are just so much damned fun!  

49 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

It's weird how much Gizelle's daughters don't seem to like being around their own father. I get being protective of their mother but this goes beyond that. FWIW, I don't think that they are afraid of him or anything (in other words, I don't think he's been abusive towards them) - they just don't seem to like him at all. 

If his scandal (and subsequent children) are public they were and are probably extremely embarrassed.  Poor things, I expect their feelings are mixed, and they love him, but maybe just don't like him very much, especially since he seems like kind of a part time dad.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I'd highly recommend a wig if you're trying to grow your hair out.  I used to get weaves and it REALLY helped to grow my hair because I wasn't fiddling with my hair all the time.  However, there was the issue of scalp tension, so I'd have to take a break because I didn't want to be caught out there with that Naomi Campbell hairline (she is the most gorgeous creature to grace the earth, but her hairline was a little torn up).  

I have a number of wigs at a variety of price points, and I'd say that quality makes a difference in wearability for me, but I've had wigs for years and years.  But there are girls on youtube SLAYING $20 beauty shop wigs.  I'm not that girl.  And I only attach my wigs anymore with clips and a band in the back.  I've had a wig sewn on and it was fine, but the beauty of the wig is that you can braid your hair underneath, attach it with the band and then take it off and wash that hair when you get good n' ready!  I still have wig glue, but I've heard bad things and I had a tough time because I sweat so I won't use it anymore.

I have never worn a wig b/c they seem hot - as in temperature  to me. I have think shoulder length natural hair. buy the time I gather all of that into a something, to put it under a cap, then put on a wig that has more hair, I know I will feel like I am about to burn up. 

Do they add heat, or is it just my imagination ?

now I will rock a "I dream Jeannie pony tail", though.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I was watching that scene thinking why hasn't Karen used her La Dame money to get that poor man a stair lift chair. By the time he gets up there (pun intended) maybe his viagra would've kicked in.

tenor.gif?itemid=17639352

I shouldn't have laughed but I did LOL. Now I love me some Karen, but I have to keep it real: Karen can't do this because she can't install this in a rental. 

1 hour ago, sATL said:

I'm calling BS on the flight arrangements - ATL - MD- which has what 2-3 airports?

2) I am sure the overseas' trip was book waaayyy in advance. So the photo shoot should have moved back a day+ anyway. That is kinda poor planning on both Gizelle and ex-hubby "Charlie" - a reference to Charlie from Charlie's Angles - a cast member who we "heard" from but seldom/never "see".  LOL

4)Why didn't she plan the photo for when Charlie did appear to tell the kids about the restaurant? She should know that you have to catch that fish when it decides to swim upstream to MD, from ATL..

100% In my opinion, he was never coming and everyone knew this. 

1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

I don't like the exterior either. These new houses are always huge and have modern finishes inside and aren't made of anything. Give me an old brick mansion any day. 

9 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I love a good wig. Grab it and go. The industry has really stepped up the wig game. So many styles and choices. My new favorite are these varieties that clip in the back and you can use a cute scarf to put over your hair line, because I suck at laying down my "baby hairs". 

Usually I'm not a fn of blondish wigs on dark skinned women, being a dark skinned woman myself, but the blond wig did look great on Candiace. Robyn's wig didn't look too bad either. Wendy said nope, not even trying, haha. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

I can't stand Michael. For the life of my I don't even understands why he continues to appear on this show. Isn't he a multi-millionaire business man/real estate developer? Every season, he is involved in fuckery and is torn apart by the cast and the audience. His reputation has only gone down since his 1st appearance.  Why does he still participate in filming? Why are we still having to look at this wizened Aussie gollum?

It could be the broken clock syndrome, but I've said for a while now that I do not believe Michael has the money he claims to have.  I think thats how he and Ashley want him to be portrayed, but I don't think he is Mr. Monopoly Moneybags.  

Exhibit A - that birthday party in the first season with a cash bar, who does that?  If you're rich enough to "buy" your wife a Porshe, a cash bar shouldn't make a bit of difference to you.  I've known people with a lot but not an obscene amount of money who wouldn't do a cash bar because they just think it looks bad.  

Exhibit B - the economy and the nature of his business.  He is in real estate, and IIRC, commercial real estate.  which, according to a person I know working at a high end firm, is taking a major, major dump right now because no one can pay their bills and brick and mortar locations are closing left and right.  And real estate is one of those businesses where your "wealth" isn't particularly liquid at all.  

I also think that whatever cash Michael does have is well hidden from Ashley, because he seems skeezy and unlikely to really want to share what he has if and when they break up.  I imagine its the reason he is okay signing these postnuptial agreements, because he doesn't think she is going to find all his assets.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Ashly you are a grown ass women with a child why do you need to have your family talk to your husband? They ain’t in your marriage... this is beyond ridiculous 

Amen, that was part of her storyline, Michael and Ashley look like idiots !

Edited by byrd
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, sATL said:

I did think it was funny when Karen rushed Monique out of the door, when Candance was texting she was minutes away...She put a glass of champagne in her hand - just to keep her moving out the door..  😁

Is ok to drink open (from a container or glass)  alcohol  in MD, when  you are a passenger ?

I think the circumstances would depend on whether it is a hired driver as is the case when the HW are driven to affairs.

The laws assume that if one is drinking in a car as a non-paying passenger, it is difficult to differentiate from the driver.

People drink in limos and other chauffeured cars all the time. Many of them have bars in the back as part of the amenities. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, sATL said:

I have never worn a wig b/c they seem hot - as in temperature  to me. I have think shoulder length natural hair. buy the time I gather all of that into a something, to put it under a cap, then put on a wig that has more hair, I know I will feel like I am about to burn up. 

Do they add heat, or is it just my imagination ?

now I will rock a "I dream Jeannie pony tail", though.

I never noticed it when I wore a wig!  But I come from tropical people, so I'm fine with the heat!  If I'm going to wear the wig long term, I try to get it braided up tidy before I put it under the cap, and I've never felt hot and itchy.  

I also think the lace on a pricier wigs are thinner and more delicate, whereas the lace on a cheapie wig is thicker and so that may also make it hotter.  I have and love both expensive and cheapie wigs, but I probably wouldn't rock a cheapie wig for long term wear.  

But, like you, I also fucks with an I Dream of Jeanie ponytail!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, drivethroo said:

The reason Karen lied about Monique coming to the party is if she had told the group Monique was coming, the group wouldn't have come and her party wouldn't have aired.

Karen has made her choice of side very clear and she needs to own that and live in it.  Did Karen invite Monique early to the party or not? If Karen did invite Monique early and it's true she also invited Candiace to come early, it sounds like, to me, Karen wanted something to pop off between Candiace and Monique to provide further "proof" Candiace was at fault.  Again, I would not be surprised to learn Karen also wrote a statement against Candiace to Montgomery Police.

If it's your party and you can invite anyone you want to, just say that and keep it moving.  But again, if Karen had told the group that, only Ashley and Monique would've shown up and her party wouldn't have aired*.

So now I want to know what's going on with Michael and Karen saying Juan is creeping on Robyn.

Ashley looked a fool sitting there making faces as Candiace ignored her.  Girl bye.  Why would Candiace kissy face with you?

Anytime your kids don't like your boyfriend...and your boyfriend is THEIR FATHER...GURL

Gizelle said Jamal was flying from Ghana to Atlanta and then from Atlanta to DC.  Why didn't Jamal just fly into Dulles from Ghana?  He didn't seem to care too much about missing the photo shoot with his girls (who are GORGEOUS).  I felt bad for them and Gizelle felt bad too because she knows Jamal ain't shit and the girls know Jamal ain't shit and the girls know Gizelle ain't shit either.

I want Uncle Lump to put his foot up Michael's ass one good time.  You know he wants to.

*To tell the truth, the Ashley/Robyn/Wendy/Candiace group would probably be a cool friend group without the polarizing Gizelle/Karen/Monique around.

If Karen was that worried about the groups reaction, all she had to say was Yes Monique will be coming very early before party time, she will not be there when you arrive. the end.  

• Love 9

That uncomfortable scene with the Gizelle and her daughters removed any doubt as to whether the reconciliation with Jamal is real. The girls were so obviously uncomfortable with having to pretend this was really happening. Very poor mothering to put her daughters through that kind of a farce for the sake of a storyline. 

And why do housewives continue to deny they said or did something when it is clearly captured on camera. There was no ambivalence of need to interpret what Karen said - She had not invited Monique. I assumed that Candiace dodged a bullet since Karen was planning to create some sort of drama by having Candiace and Monique show up at the same time.

I imagine she was trying to get Monique out because the timing didn't work as it would have happened DURING the event as opposed to before the event so she could have the drama AND the opening.

And can I add that the wig line opening was just sad. Clearly Dr. Hair was just cutting (no pun intended) Karen in on a percentage of wigs sold that he had already designed and was manufacturing. But to call the showing of a few wigs that the guy already had in stock in his small non-posh salon was rather sad. Except for Karen wearing wigs, what expertise does she have in terms of the business - sourcing wigs and distributing them in any kind of mass quantities that would make it a profitable business. 

• Love 8

Don't know if anyone caught Monique on WWHL after, but she was adamant that there was no attempt at a set-up confrontation with her and Candiace. She said (and Andy confirmed) that production was aware that she was not willing/able to be in the same location as Candiace. It sounded like the plan was originally for a heart-to-heart with Monique and Karen, followed by a separate heart-to-heart with Candiace and Karen. The timing of everything was off and it looks like the editors may have used that to show it in the shadiest possible light, but Monique absolutely made it clear that at least on her part there was never any intent to have a run-in with Candiace at the wig show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Ashley has looked pretty awful this entire season.   Maybe its the baby, Dean is her first and she may be legitimately tired.  I know for sure she isn't getting help and I doubt Michael is really paying for a full time nanny, I'm guessing that comes directly out of Ashley's RH check.....as does any money for Sheila.  I also don't think she is used to having anything but a perfect body so maybe thats throwing her off her game.  I feel like Ashley's entire pre-pregnancy wardrobe was a step up from forever 21.  She doesn't have the body for that now, but it doesn't mean she can't work with Stitch Fix or something.  And her hair has also been a mess.  

Ashley looks like a new first time mom, haggard .. Lol !! she's worn out.  

13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

If Gizelle’s relationship is real, she really needs to pay attention to her daughters reaction whenever she mentions him.

I believe this is a truly sad situation , Giselle has to make a choice, this is not working out for her at all. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have said it before and I will say again, Ashely's apartment looks cramped and oddly decorated, the walls are painted strangely, my hunch is that it was the model apartment for the building and we see the decorator's choices that were there when Michael moved in and does not care to change it, it does not look like Ashley's style is anywhere in that place.

Certainly doesn’t look like any place I would want to be raising 

Spoiler

one going on two

toddlers.  So is that next seasons storyline? Trying to get Kickback Jack out to the burbs?  Can you even imagine?  🤣 This is the girl that can’t go from her car to Uncle Lumps porch steps without the full on stroller.  I can’t imagine up and down the dam elevator with all that crap every time.  

Robyn can stop with the feigned confusion over Karen’s business ventures and launch party.  Girl you are re-packaging your pre-made Embezzled hats at your kitchen table.  As far as I can tell all you are doing is passing on inventory from someone else.  Did I miss the launch?  Last season you were going to be a real estate mogul in the flipping biz.  The year before that you were doing PR and MLM seminars.  

• Love 5