Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Shifty Wigs

• Start Topic

On 11/28/2020 at 4:21 PM, TexasGal said:

Airdate 11.29.2020

Karen why lie, don't let these women back you into a corner on Monique, just say Monique will be coming by very early before party time, If they have an issue with that then screw them.  They still would have filmed her event , the same way they filmed Monique's event with only Ashley there.  Inviting Candy-ass to come early was wrong, stop trying to manage this. I hate it when they have no balls, just say what you mean and mean what you say . Please don't forget that you are being filmed and everything you say is recorded. Karen was clear about not inviting Monique in Portugal and you can always count on messy ass Ashley to call you out. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Seriously, I’m constantly astonished that such a physically beautiful and charming woman as Gizelle can’t seem to find a decent guy. She’s a total loser-magnet!! And it’s really quite pathetic that she’s had to play up this fake “reconciliation” storyline with Jamal just to have something going on in her life otherwise. (Has she even had a storyline this season??) Beyond her naturally catty nature, I just want to know what the Hell is wrong with Giz that she can’t seem to find a good man...I used to think maybe her standards were just way too high, but after watching her fawn over losers like Sherman and now Jamal, maybe the pickings are really that damned slim for women of her age looking for rich men in that area. Or maybe she just has horrible judgement/projects clingy desperation when it comes to finding a suitable life partner...

I think much of it is luck.  However, I think Gizelle's problem is she goes for who she thinks is hot without asking the relevant questions like "are you available?"  "Are you a cheater?"  Things like that.

I can't stand Karen but I would love for her to write a book about her family.  There are very few black family farms in the US.  A story about her family would be more interesting than Gizelle's book about her being a First Lady.

I think I get why Karen doesn't really like Gizelle.  Karen is light skinned, like Gizelle and Robyn; but unlike Gizelle and Robyn, she didn't go to college, isn't an AKA, etc.  That same stuff happened to my mom, she's lighter than Gizelle but was never accepted into the "Jack and Jill" set because she never went to college.  It sucks but that's the way some people roll.

I think Karen was smart enough to marry a man she knew was going to be a good provider and probably didn't care too much for looks.  That has served her well.  She was smart enough to be that housewife when her kids were small and now that her kids are grown is doing what she wants to do. 

Don't know if anyone caught Monique on WWHL after, but she was adamant that there was no attempt at a set-up confrontation with her and Candiace. She said (and Andy confirmed) that production was aware that she was not willing/able to be in the same location as Candiace. It sounded like the plan was originally for a heart-to-heart with Monique and Karen, followed by a separate heart-to-heart with Candiace and Karen. The timing of everything was off and it looks like the editors may have used that to show it in the shadiest possible light, but Monique absolutely made it clear that at least on her part there was never any intent to have a run-in with Candiace at the wig show.

I saw that and I didn't really believe Monique.  She didn't say anything about Karen practically shoving her out the door though.  

Karen is SO not a Grand Dame; Grand Dame's don't say "fuck you" and leave their own parties while people are still trying on wigs.  BTW, maybe Karen should try one of those wigs she was selling, they might look better than that bone straight, blonde thing on her head.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think much of it is luck.  However, I think Gizelle's problem is she goes for who she thinks is hot without asking the relevant questions like "are you available?"  "Are you a cheater?"  Things like that.

I can't stand Karen but I would love for her to write a book about her family.  There are very few black family farms in the US.  A story about her family would be more interesting than Gizelle's book about her being a First Lady.

I think I get why Karen doesn't really like Gizelle.  Karen is light skinned, like Gizelle and Robyn; but unlike Gizelle and Robyn, she didn't go to college, isn't an AKA, etc.  That same stuff happened to my mom, she's lighter than Gizelle but was never accepted into the "Jack and Jill" set because she never went to college.  It sucks but that's the way some people roll.

I think Karen was smart enough to marry a man she knew was going to be a good provider and probably didn't care too much for looks.  That has served her well.  She was smart enough to be that housewife when her kids were small and now that her kids are grown is doing what she wants to do. 

I saw that and I didn't really believe Monique.  She didn't say anything about Karen practically shoving her out the door though.  

Karen is SO not a Grand Dame; Grand Dame's don't say "fuck you" and leave their own parties while people are still trying on wigs.  BTW, maybe Karen should try one of those wigs she was selling, they might look better than that bone straight, blonde thing on her head.

Yes, I caught it and I believe Monique. I don't believe Monique wanted anymore issues.   

• Love 3
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

The level of "I don't fucks with him" Gizelle's daughters have for their own bio dad needs some explaining.

Jamal ain't shit. That's the explanation. They have (at least one) half-sibling that's the same age as them. 

2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

The way she has been acting towards Candiace in regards to the fight debacle and her lies are making me not like her.

Karen has made her choice of side very clear all along; Candiace just wasn't paying attention.  Karen doesn't like Candiace & Gizelle leading the charge to ice out Monique because if Monique is put off the show, Karen either will be forced to film with the GEB + Wendy, whom she doesn't like or with Ashley, who she doesn't like, or with Candiace, who she also doesn't like.

Ashley was being messy because this is the second time this season she's seen Karen throw Monique under the bus to members of the group, while pretending to be "neutral."

Ashley doesn't understand why Karen is hiding being on Team Monique.  Karen isn't on Team Monique; Karen is on Team Karen.  Both Monique and Candiace will be disposed of by Karen when she has no more use for them.  Karen has no more use for Candiace because Gizelle is on Candiace's side.  When Karen has no more use for Monique, she will be disposed of too.  Monique isn't stupid & she knows she will have to accept Karen playing her because that's the only way she's going to get screen time, just like Ashley knew she had to write the statement against Candiace because Monique has/had/destroyed the Michael tapes.

And lets be clear on Ashley's statement: Monique specifically wanted a "Candiace is a bad person" statement and Ashley had to comply to protect herself and Michael.  Ashley knew what she was doing was wrong; otherwise she wouldn't have been coming up with all sorts of justifications, just like Karen knew she was wrong because she was coming up with all sorts of justifications.

Candiace Sleeping Beauty is waking up and realizing she has/had no friends on this cast except Wendy.  And it's not because she has a "slick mouth," it's because her momma is taking care of her and the rest of the cast don't like it because their mommas and men aren't taking care of them.

When the Ashley/Monique/Karen alliance falls apart, it will be delicious but Monique is the one who is going to get hurt by the fallout. 

1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

I shouldn't have laughed but I did LOL. Now I love me some Karen, but I have to keep it real: Karen can't do this because she can't install this in a rental. 

You probably can put a chair lift in a rental because of the ADA, just like you can have a service animal in a rental that says "no pets."  You'd probably have to pay for installation and removal but if you're renting and you need a chair lift, I don't think legally the landlord can say no.

1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

She said (and Andy confirmed) that production was aware that she was not willing/able to be in the same location as Candiace.

She beat up Candiace and uttered death threats, but SHE's not willing/able to be in the same location as Candiace.  Nice.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, byrd said:

Yes, I caught it and I believe Monique. I don't believe Monique wanted anymore issues.   

Monique might not have wanted anymore issues, but I don't know about Karen though.  I think Karen lives for the drama.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Monique might not have wanted anymore issues, but I don't know about Karen though.  I think Karen lives for the drama.

Yes, well they are paid to bring the drama . I just hate it when they do stupid stuff. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, amarante said:

That uncomfortable scene with the Gizelle and her daughters removed any doubt as to whether the reconciliation with Jamal is real. The girls were so obviously uncomfortable with having to pretend this was really happening. Very poor mothering to put her daughters through that kind of a farce for the sake of a storyline. 

And why do housewives continue to deny they said or did something when it is clearly captured on camera. There was no ambivalence of need to interpret what Karen said - She had not invited Monique. I assumed that Candiace dodged a bullet since Karen was planning to create some sort of drama by having Candiace and Monique show up at the same time.

I imagine she was trying to get Monique out because the timing didn't work as it would have happened DURING the event as opposed to before the event so she could have the drama AND the opening.

And can I add that the wig line opening was just sad. Clearly Dr. Hair was just cutting (no pun intended) Karen in on a percentage of wigs sold that he had already designed and was manufacturing. But to call the showing of a few wigs that the guy already had in stock in his small non-posh salon was rather sad. Except for Karen wearing wigs, what expertise does she have in terms of the business - sourcing wigs and distributing them in any kind of mass quantities that would make it a profitable business. 

Giselle's daughters have witnessed too much heartbreak with their mother, it has affected them greatly.  

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

You probably can put a chair lift in a rental because of the ADA, just like you can have a service animal in a rental that says "no pets."  You'd probably have to pay for installation and removal but if you're renting and you need a chair lift, I don't think legally the landlord can say no.

This is true. Hopefully the approval process easy and it's not subject to landlord's discretion. Because Ray doesn't need it yet. Also, there are probably very few rambler and ranch style houses in Potomac so they wouldn't have to climb stairs. They love a grand staircase. 

10 minutes ago, byrd said:

Giselle's daughters have witnessed too much heartbreak with their mother, it has affected them greatly.  

Even if this current situation is a “showmance,” it’s still a very poor choice on Giselle’s part.  Even if the girls are “in on it,” it’s still pretty screwed up and damaging to them mentally.  I wish she would get taken to task over it, because it is pretty shameful.  

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Even if this current situation is a “showmance,” it’s still a very poor choice on Giselle’s part.  Even if the girls are “in on it,” it’s still pretty screwed up and damaging to them mentally.  I wish she would get taken to task over it, because it is pretty shameful.  

amen.. I feel so sorry for those beautiful young ladies,  I was a daddy's girl, I know how important that relationship is. Giselle please stop talking about giving FALASHIO on national Tv , also embarrassing for them as well.  

Edited by byrd
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

If his scandal (and subsequent children) are public they were and are probably extremely embarrassed.  Poor things, I expect their feelings are mixed, and they love him, but maybe just don't like him very much, especially since he seems like kind of a part time dad.  

Yes, that makes sense. Also, it seems like they primarily live with Gizelle, so it seems like they may just not be used to being around him that much. It's a contrast with Juan and Robyn - obviously, geography makes a difference here but whatever his faults, Juan at least seems to be around and involved with his kids. 

54 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Yeah, I really do have to wonder what Karen's game was there. Now, it's entirely possible that was all done at production's behest - in fact, I would imagine it was.  But while Monique was totally in the wrong with regard to the fight, I don't think she is stupid enough to want another confrontation with Candiace while under legal scrutiny. So I feel as if that was all a set up, which is why Karen ran away, but boy does that make her look bad, even if it was something encouraged by production (which is just my speculation). 

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Jamal ain't shit. That's the explanation. They have (at least one) half-sibling that's the same age as them. 

I guess poor Jamal's charlatan ass has to fly all the way to Ghana to get some "strange". Which caused him to miss the family portrait.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

So I feel as if that was all a set up, which is why Karen ran away, but boy does that make her look bad, even if it was something encouraged by production (which is just my speculation). 

I think Karen has enough going for her that she doesn't need to look desperate but between running away from her own party and that "scene" with Ray (wonder how many times they rehearsed it) the woman's looking a bit thirsty to me.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'd highly recommend a wig if you're trying to grow your hair out.  I used to get weaves and it REALLY helped to grow my hair because I wasn't fiddling with my hair all the time.  However, there was the issue of scalp tension, so I'd have to take a break because I didn't want to be caught out there with that Naomi Campbell hairline (she is the most gorgeous creature to grace the earth, but her hairline was a little torn up).  

I have a number of wigs at a variety of price points, and I'd say that quality makes a difference in wearability for me, but I've had wigs for years and years.  But there are girls on youtube SLAYING $20 beauty shop wigs.  I'm not that girl.  And I only attach my wigs anymore with clips and a band in the back.  I've had a wig sewn on and it was fine, but the beauty of the wig is that you can braid your hair underneath, attach it with the band and then take it off and wash that hair when you get good n' ready!  I still have wig glue, but I've heard bad things and I had a tough time because I sweat so I won't use it anymore.

And honestly, wigs are just so much damned fun!  

I know a lot of the HW's wear wigs convincingly, I may take a page out of their book. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, amarante said:

That uncomfortable scene with the Gizelle and her daughters removed any doubt as to whether the reconciliation with Jamal is real. The girls were so obviously uncomfortable with having to pretend this was really happening. Very poor mothering to put her daughters through that kind of a farce for the sake of a storyline. 

And why do housewives continue to deny they said or did something when it is clearly captured on camera. There was no ambivalence of need to interpret what Karen said - She had not invited Monique. I assumed that Candiace dodged a bullet since Karen was planning to create some sort of drama by having Candiace and Monique show up at the same time.

I imagine she was trying to get Monique out because the timing didn't work as it would have happened DURING the event as opposed to before the event so she could have the drama AND the opening.

And can I add that the wig line opening was just sad. Clearly Dr. Hair was just cutting (no pun intended) Karen in on a percentage of wigs sold that he had already designed and was manufacturing. But to call the showing of a few wigs that the guy already had in stock in his small non-posh salon was rather sad. Except for Karen wearing wigs, what expertise does she have in terms of the business - sourcing wigs and distributing them in any kind of mass quantities that would make it a profitable business. 

If I heard correctly she is "partnering" with rpgshow wigs. 

If this is the case calling it Karen's "wig line" is a huge stretch, she is more like a spokesperson and she is paid to promote some wigs with her name on them. 

Its not a bad gig at all and karen ends up with free wigs and a payday with very little work. 

But its not like porsha, who legitimately had her own wig business. 

RPGshow, from what I've seen uses celebrity stylists to create wigs.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I guess poor Jamal's charlatan ass has to fly all the way to Ghana to get some "strange". Which caused him to miss the family portrait.

See, that is exactly what I would be thinking if I were Gizelle, he cheated on you when you were married why would he not if you are long distance dating, why is G such a fool?  I always say your ex is your ex for a reason, Jamal is not going to change.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yeah, I really do have to wonder what Karen's game was there.

Karen's game was to get some screen time.  If Karen told the rest of the cast she was inviting Monique, they would not have come and the party might not have aired.  In Karen's eyes, she didn't lie because she didn't invite Monique to be around the rest of the cast at the actual party, she invited Monique to come hang out earlier.  Where Karen went wrong was also inviting Candiace to the party early but she did that thinking she would be the Grande Mediator.  Karen panicked because she realized inviting Candiace early was a mistake; if Candiace saw Monique at the party she wouldn't have filmed and she would've told the rest of the cast Monique was there and they wouldn't have filmed at Karen's party either.  That's why Karen hustled Monique out the door like a side trick before Candiace could see Monique.

When Ashey called her out on the lie she told the rest of the cast, Karen couldn't challenge her because she knew Ashley was right; that's why she took a dump on Robyn and hightailed it out of her own party.

Monique knows what time it is and she will accept Karen's shenanigans in exchange for film time.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

No.  No it is not.

You can drink as a passenger if it is a hired car, like a limo.

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Didn't Ray lose all of his money, though?  Or, somehow blow through it all?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Karen's game was to get some screen time.  If Karen told the rest of the cast she was inviting Monique, they would not have come and the party might not have aired.  In Karen's eyes, she didn't lie because she didn't invite Monique to be around the rest of the cast at the actual party, she invited Monique to come hang out earlier.  Where Karen went wrong was also inviting Candiace to the party early but she did that thinking she would be the Grande Mediator.  Karen panicked because she realized inviting Candiace early was a mistake; if Candiace saw Monique at the party she wouldn't have filmed and she would've told the rest of the cast Monique was there and they wouldn't have filmed at Karen's party either.  That's why Karen hustled Monique out the door like a side trick before Candiace could see Monique.

When Ashey called her out on the lie she told the rest of the cast, Karen couldn't challenge her because she knew Ashley was right; that's why she took a dump on Robyn and hightailed it out of her own party.

Monique knows what time it is and she will accept Karen's shenanigans in exchange for film time.

That all seems pretty plausible to me, though I would not at all be surprised and actually suspect that production was in her ear about engineering a confrontation, which of course she wasn't going to say because this was all filmed last year, prior to production being all fine with the fourth wall coming down. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, byrd said:

imo it’s abusive of Gizelle to involve those girls in her lame storyline after all they’ve been through with their skanky father and having to hear all about it from their mother for years. Suddenly it works for Gizelle to have the creep back in the picture, so she’s saying, “Never mind, girls.” Fuck that - I’m glad they’re not buying it.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 10

I have very rarely cared if a storyline is real or false, but Gizelle's is really bugging me because of her girls.  My parents divorced before my memory started forming, so I really identify with her girls.  At first, I thought it was just the same as I would have felt; I would have HATED my parents dating, but that's because it would have collided my worlds and it's like, my mom was mine, my dad was mine.  They have no business with each other as far as my younger self was concerned.  But this honestly just feels beyond that.  They seem to have a real distaste for their dad that goes beyond their parents dating, and it's very uncomfortable.  If Gizelle is truly doing this just for a storyline and has zero belief deep down this is real, then this may be the trashiest thing I've seen on these franchises.

I ain't been to Morehouse, ain't been to no house, no degree much less a pedigree.  But if my mom talked to me in private the way Dr. Wendy's mom did, we would have issues.  If my mom talked to me the way Dr. Wendy's mom did on camera, we would be done.  I may not have much, but I don't have anyone trying to take credit for what I do have.

I desperately want to play more with wigs.  I have a clip on pony (I'm wearing it in profile pic, but I don't think you can tell), and I have JUST starting playing with halo extensions.  I have a couple of full wigs, but I just can't balls up to wear one in public.  I even have a really nice lace-front that I'm too scared to cut, no matter how many youtube tutorials I watch.  I think the halos may be as daring as I get.  Which is lame.

Also, does Candiace still have her extension line?  I wonder how she felt about Karen slapping her name on a competing product.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

You can drink as a passenger if it is a hired car, like a limo.

Didn't Ray lose all of his money, though?  Or, somehow blow through it all?

And that’s when the dynamic changed because now Karen is supporting them from Housewives and all of the promotional opportunities. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Axie said:

Anyone else think it was odd that Robyn and Juan were looking at that huge house with all of their money problems?

Not really.  They lost everything in the past and she clearly still never learned any lessons from it since she is currently on a payment plan with the IRS for unpaid taxes.  So no, I don’t think it’s odd at all. It seems like it’s her M.O. to live outside her means and mismanage her money.  She will just run up debt again and bail out if they lose their income again.  

I’m actually curious the terms of Juan’s contract.  College coaches can be fired at any time and he isn’t in a power 5 school where they would have to buy him out for millions.  What if he gets an offer from a school somewhere else?  Is Robyn going to go with him, I would wonder.  

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 4

Wow, Karen was really trying to set up some drama.  I feel bad that Candace ever thought Karen was her friend.  

I am always between two minds, one of which says that Ashley is just naturally snake like and that is why she is doing sneaky shit and the other of which says that Ashley is super strategic and is playing some 4D chess.  Right now, the only people Monique has on her side are Karen and Ashley.  If Ashley can get between Monique and Karen, the only person Monique will have left is Ashley.  If Monique's only friend is Ashley, I can't see how she stays on the show.  If Monique is off the show, and it doesn't look like Ashley had anything to do with it, Ashley doesn't have to worry about that basement footage, or Monique turning on her and getting her brother/cousin, whoever saw the Darby butt grab come out on the show and talk about it.  I mean, its a smart move and it keeps blood off her hands.

Monique also seemed pretty put off that baby Dean was there.  Ashley needs to find a reliable baby sitter.  

I cannot stand Michael Darby, but Sheila is living off his largesse, so she really doesn't have the right to interrogate him.  Uncle Lump isn't taking his money, so he has the right to ask what he wants, but Sheila's demands for apologies and to know where Michael stands fall flat for me, because let Michael threaten to kick her off the gravy train and she would shut right up.  

Karen is looking crazy, and I think Ray has a point that this has all gone to her head.  There are flashes of the old, fun Karen, but its not enough.  She is worlds away from becoming Nene Leakes, but I'm starting to see some similarities.  And just LOL at her desperately trying to get that packaging on TV. 

You're right Karen, its you're party, you can invite whoever you want, but why lie about it?  That makes it seem like you really cannot invite whomever you want if you're lying.  

And I cannot believe that Michael Darby is fixing his mouth to tell a man he has to "control his wife"  If spouses could control each other Michael, maybe you wouldn't be grabbing asses, sucking sausages and getting caught on camera in a random hotel women in your fucking drawers.  

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Not really.  They lost everything in the past and she clearly still never learned any lessons from it since she is currently on a payment plan with the IRS for unpaid taxes.  So no, I don’t think it’s odd at all. It seems like it’s her M.O. to live outside her means and mismanage her money.  She will just run up debt again and bail out if they lose their income again.  

I’m actually curious the terms of Juan’s contract.  College coaches can be fired at any time and he isn’t in a power 5 school where they would have to buy him out for millions.  What if he gets an offer from a school somewhere else?  Is Robyn going to go with him, I would wonder.  

My guess would be that she films in Potomac and moves with Juan after the show wraps.  I'm not sure how long they film.  

I was disappointed to hear she is on a payment plan for the IRS but is on camera looking at a 2 million dollar house.  Unless she is paying that off over the next three months, to me, that doesn't make a ton of sense.  Although, I guess maybe she got them to lower the amount and if they knew she could pay 90k in one lump sum they wouldn't accept a smaller amount.  Maybe?  I don't know.  I think the optics are bad.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, lasu said:

I have very rarely cared if a storyline is real or false, but Gizelle's is really bugging me because of her girls.  My parents divorced before my memory started forming, so I really identify with her girls.  At first, I thought it was just the same as I would have felt; I would have HATED my parents dating, but that's because it would have collided my worlds and it's like, my mom was mine, my dad was mine.  They have no business with each other as far as my younger self was concerned.  But this honestly just feels beyond that.  They seem to have a real distaste for their dad that goes beyond their parents dating, and it's very uncomfortable.  If Gizelle is truly doing this just for a storyline and has zero belief deep down this is real, then this may be the trashiest thing I've seen on these franchises.

I ain't been to Morehouse, ain't been to no house, no degree much less a 

I desperately want to play more with wigs.  I have a clip on pony (I'm wearing it in profile pic, but I don't think you can tell), and I have JUST starting playing with halo extensions.  I have a couple of full wigs, but I just can't balls up to wear one in public.  I even have a really nice lace-front that I'm too scared to cut, no matter how many youtube tutorials I watch.  I think the halos may be as daring as I get.  Which is lame.

Also, does Candiace still have her extension line?  I wonder how she felt about Karen slapping her name on a competing product.

LOL, I NEVER fucks around with my pricey wigs.  If I'm paying $400+ I'm going to pay a little extra for someone to professionally style it.*  But I'll chops up a $40 beauty shop wig with the best of them, ha ha.  There is a youtuber online, ChrissyJaye I think, and she gave me all the undeserved confidence to pluck hairlines, powder wigs and make babyhairs.  But I still wouldn't do it on my expensive wigs, just my cheapies.  The secret, IMO, of going outside the house with your homedone wig is to just first wear it out someplace where you don't care.  Gas station, local Sprouts, maybe the post office.   People make the mistake of trying to buy a bin wig to go to the club, but its hard to get the confidence for all that.  

but you know what, honestly, even if you just sit around at home feeling yourself in your wig, thats cool too!  We did a zoom happy hour at work and I wore a wig just to wear it!  LOL.  

* - I haven't purchased an RPGShow wig, but they have a pretty high price point and their styles look pretty expensive, so I would probably wear that right out of the box.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Trying to get Kickback Jack out to the burbs?  Can you even imagine?

They could move two blocks away and have a house. They could move to North Arlington, which is burb-like (very pretty and expensive though-parts of it blend with the gated houses in McLean- some rumored to be patrolled by armed guards). But Michael probably thinks he is so cool and hip living in that building along the "orange line corridor". I loved that area when I was in my 20s and early 30s because that is who lives there and hangs out there. He seems like the creeper that would want to be close to the "young" people and ultimately make them inadvertently feel uncomfortable.* He has the money to move-his company has done a lot of development in the DMV. 

*I'm basing this assessment solely on the time I was forced to go to Oz for a party and he stood there in a leather jacket drinking a Corona being completely useless and creepy when the service was clearly overwhelmed. (Ashley bussed tables when she got there) But I also really dislike Michael. 

Wendy is sort of growing on me-I do feel a lot of that is how cute I find her family (husband + kids).

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Axie said:

Anyone else think it was odd that Robyn and Juan were looking at that huge house with all of their money problems?

I thought so at first, but with Robyn's Bravo check and her hat line coupled with Juan's basketball contract, they might be feeling a lot more financially secure. As long as she doesn't demoted/fired or Juan doesn't lose his head coaching job, they should be on track now. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

You’re right.  They will always be in over their heads regardless of how much money they make.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

Interesting. For some reason, I always considered his job in his low major a bit more safe than being in a power 5 school, a few seasons of losing records in a power 5 conference is a surefire way to get fired. If he gets a bigger job offer, like at UMD College Park, the pressure will be paramount. I feel like that's what he's shooting for eventually. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Karen is SO not a Grand Dame; Grand Dame's don't say "fuck you" and leave their own parties while people are still trying on wigs. 

Right?! That was just so trashy, low-class and uncalled for, especially from the party’s own hostess. Everyone there was staring at her like the fool she was being at that moment.

You can take the “Grand Dame” out of the farm....(once again showing those roots a’la “blacked out” Monique)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yes, that makes sense. Also, it seems like they primarily live with Gizelle, so it seems like they may just not be used to being around him that much. It's a contrast with Juan and Robyn - obviously, geography makes a difference here but whatever his faults, Juan at least seems to be around and involved with his kids. 

Yeah, I really do have to wonder what Karen's game was there. Now, it's entirely possible that was all done at production's behest - in fact, I would imagine it was.  But while Monique was totally in the wrong with regard to the fight, I don't think she is stupid enough to want another confrontation with Candiace while under legal scrutiny. So I feel as if that was all a set up, which is why Karen ran away, but boy does that make her look bad, even if it was something encouraged by production (which is just my speculation). 

While I agree that what Gizelle is doing re: Jamal is gross, I like that the girls feel free to express their distaste for the whole situation, which leads me to believe they may be in on what's really happening. I can envision Gizelle explaining what she's up to for a show storyline. I don't like it, but at least she's not forcing them to pretend that they like it.

Regarding Karen and the Jack and Jill comments above, didn't she go to college but dropped out after the whole rape trauma? Agree she should write a book about her family and others like hers who took over farms their ancestors once worked on. 

Agree that Monique was not trying to have a face-to-face with Candace and the whole thing was a production set up, but Karen walking out of her own event with the parting words of "Fuck you," was in extremely poor taste. What the fuck was she thinking?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Right?! That was just so trashy, low-class and uncalled for, especially from the party’s own hostess. Everyone there was staring at her like the fool she was being at that moment.

You can take the “Grand Dame” out of the farm....(once again showing those roots a’la “blacked out” Monique)

That was totally tacky.  Tacky for her to leave her own party early and tacky to say "Fuck you" to the women.   Karen can miss me with that Grande Dame act, and that foolishness with Ray.

As for silly Gizzy and her inability to find a decent man, I don't know why folks can't get that it's mainly luck.  Also it's numbers:  There are more women than men and the stats for black women/black men are even more dismal.  This book really says a lot about that. 

Monique got lucky....well maybe.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, politichick said:

While I agree that what Gizelle is doing re: Jamal is gross, I like that the girls feel free to express their distaste for the whole situation, which leads me to believe they may be in on what's really happening. I can envision Gizelle explaining what she's up to for a show storyline. I don't like it, but at least she's not forcing them to pretend that they like it.

Regarding Karen and the Jack and Jill comments above, didn't she go to college but dropped out after the whole rape trauma? Agree she should write a book about her family and others like hers who took over farms their ancestors once worked on. 

Agree that Monique was not trying to have a face-to-face with Candace and the whole thing was a production set up, but Karen walking out of her own event with the parting words of "Fuck you," was in extremely poor taste. What the fuck was she thinking?

Like I said, its shades of nene to me.  

She has a long way to go, but nene let her popularity go to her head and she imagined that all the hype was truth.  

The whole scene was ugly.  I miss the Karen who gave gizelle a framed set of etiquette rules.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Particularly low when you consider that everyone showing up helps put money in karens pocket.  

It behooves her to be gracious.  

I dont know why she didn't foresee ashley being messy and going to everyone.  The minute she got tbar call from ashley at the table with monique she should have had a better excuse ready.  

• Love 5

Not really.  They lost everything in the past and she clearly still never learned any lessons from it since she is currently on a payment plan with the IRS for unpaid taxes.  So no, I don’t think it’s odd at all. It seems like it’s her M.O. to live outside her means and mismanage her money.  She will just run up debt again and bail out if they lose their income again

While I think Robyn has no clue about money, you can look at her general appearance and know she's not living outside her means.  Robyn doesn't have a fancy car or a wardrobe of fancy clothes.  Robyn is the most regular person out of the cast.

3 hours ago, politichick said:

Regarding Karen and the Jack and Jill comments above, didn't she go to college but dropped out after the whole rape trauma?

Karen wasn't in Jack and Jill but I'm pretty sure she made sure Rayvin was in it.  I'm pretty sure Gizelle & Robyn grew up in it and their kids are in it.  I wouldn't be surprised if Candiace and maybe Katie grew up in it too.  Obviously Charrisse had her kids in it.  Wendy might get an invitation for her kids to join.  Monique would love it if her kids were in it but as the great Nene Leakes once said, "The door is closed."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, sATL said:

Nor in interpersonal communication. 

Sad to say - I don't think Ray/Karen did anything in that tub. 

Of course not, especially with all the production crew roaming around the house.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Juan isn't going anywhere. He's one of those dudes that isn't moving far from home. He's in a good area for what he's doing - lots of colleges, with competitive D1 and D2 men's and women's teams. Plus there are tons of high schools that would hire him in a minute because he's a name in the area and a known factor. And for all of his fuckery with his relationship, he's never been tagged with drug issues or anything else that would keep a school from hiring him. He's staying unless and Robyn will be right there by his side.

• Love 9
On 11/29/2020 at 9:37 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Ashly you are a grown ass women with a child why do you need to have your family talk to your husband? They ain’t in your marriage... this is beyond ridiculous 

On 11/29/2020 at 10:55 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I hated Ashley and Monique’s hair at their sit-down lunch, each for different reasons.  Ashley looks so rough this season.  I noticed a tramp stamp when she got up to do something for Dean (why am I not surprised?) And Ashley really needs to decide on a hair color/scheme.  Wendy, who is not as pretty as them in the face, looked so much fresher and more stylish at the pumpkin patch.  

Karen completely said in Portugal that Monique wasn’t invited to the wig event.  Monique was going to accept whatever it was that was said, because beggars can’t be choosers.  I’m not sure why Karen thinks it’s ok to lie so much.  This is why she’ll never be one of my favorites.  She knows about cameras and mics, right?

I’m not sure why Michael needs to answer for his actions to Uncle Lump and Sheila.  He should have to answer to Ashley, unless they’re paying Michael’s bills.  And, according to Ashley, he didn’t do anything so bad—he kissed a woman in a hotel room without Ashley’s prior consent, because, according to Ashley, the marriage was open, subject only to some constraints.  Sheila wasn’t lying when she said she didn’t want an apology—she wants to keep the checks coming.

Karen thinks the way to forgive and move on is through lying?  Interesting. Monique has no shame in her game allowing herself to get hustled out of the party before it starts.

That was an interesting tidbit that Gizelle dropped that the business is Steven’s, not Karen’s, business.

I thought Ashley looked kind of spectacular in her wig.  Robyn looked great both ways.  Who really cares, when all is said and done, whether Karen was lying about having an ulcer?  If Karen’s lips are moving, she’s lying. Ashley doesn’t need to expose that.

It was so funny that Ray ducked out as soon as Karen brought up Juan.  Also, if Karen had something to say about Juan, why didn’t she say it? She’s so full of shit.

That was a rough episode. Karen in a bathtub, Gizelle taking some uncomfortable pictures, Karen lying.  Some riveting stuff.  

On 11/30/2020 at 12:18 AM, RealReality said:

Ashley has looked pretty awful this entire season.   Maybe its the baby, Dean is her first and she may be legitimately tired.  I know for sure she isn't getting help and I doubt Michael is really paying for a full time nanny, I'm guessing that comes directly out of Ashley's RH check.....as does any money for Sheila.  I also don't think she is used to having anything but a perfect body so maybe thats throwing her off her game.  I feel like Ashley's entire pre-pregnancy wardrobe was a step up from forever 21.  She doesn't have the body for that now, but it doesn't mean she can't work with Stitch Fix or something.  And her hair has also been a mess.  

I am beginning to realize that Ashley is a lot like Gizelle in that she can not dress worth shit, but being beautiful/bohemian still kept her looking good. Some of Gizelle's clothes look expensive but Ashley's clothes look rather cheap. My guess is that she is saving every penny and MIchael does not give her much of an allowance.

20 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Baugher's is about 13 minutes up the road from me, I used to take my kids there when they were little, they have cherry trees and apple orchards too, I am a little bummed I did not know they were filming!  It is interesting that they schlepped from Potomac to Westminster as in there was no other pumpkin patch closer to Potomac.  Isn't it interesting that Wendy's mother went from telling her she is a spoiled brat to telling her do what makes you happy in the same breath.  Wendy's mother kept saying she had no idea places like this existed in the US, was this really surprising to her? There is plenty of farm land around Potomac.

Karen has a wig line now and Ray is fine with yet another (fake) venture that takes her away from him...I seriously doubt she is working 12 hours a day on this project. Why do I think we have seen Karen walking out of her own event in the past like this is not the first time it has happened.

Jamal went to Ghana? The girls are more than okay with him not being anywhere near the photo shoot.

I thought the blonde wig on Candiace looked really good, (I am seriously considering buying a wig, I am trying to grow out my hair from a very short cut and my hair is stuck in an ugly, awkward stage that seems to be eternal). Robin's wig was not bad either, maybe this product line will fair better than her perfume.  Wouldn't it have been funny if Karen had all the ladies model wigs for her website then cut Robin out of it?!

19 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

The level of "I don't fucks with him" Gizelle's daughters have for their own bio dad needs some explaining. I can understand them not wanting their parents back together again due to Jamal's past (and present) fuckery but they have such a level of disdain for their dad where it seems they don't even want to be around him in even the basic daughter and dad way.  Hell, I recall them being nicer and more welcoming to Gizelle's ex Sherman. 

Gizelle and the girls looked great for their x-mas card but I don't see the point of going to an x-mas shoot at a set location with hair & makeup artists just to sit awkwardly on a big black leather sofa with no prominent x-mas decor in sight. No tree? No fireplace? What's the point? Why not do this at her newly remodeled home instead?

I have to admit that I can have selective amnesia about HW I like. I had forgotten what a petty liar Karen could be about the dumbest most inconsequential things. The way she has been acting towards Candiace in regards to the fight debacle and her lies are making me not like her.

The interior of the home Juan and Robyn toured was gorgeous. Didn't care for the home's exterior though. Can they afford it?

I can't stand Michael. For the life of my I don't even understands why he continues to appear on this show. Isn't he a multi-millionaire business man/real estate developer? Every season, he is involved in fuckery and is torn apart by the cast and the audience. His reputation has only gone down since his 1st appearance.  Why does he still participate in filming? Why are we still having to look at this wizened Aussie gollum?

18 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If Karen would have been honest and said she was caught between a rock and hard place and was caught off guard about what to say in reguards to Monique being invited or not...I think that would have been an honest response but instead she lied.  Ashley could not wait to put Karen in the hot seat about her lie with all the ladies present.

I have said it before and I will say again, Ashely's apartment looks cramped and oddly decorated, the walls are painted strangely, my hunch is that it was the model apartment for the building and we see the decorator's choices that were there when Michael moved in and does not care to change it, it does not look like Ashley's style is anywhere in that place.

No.

Karen's house looks rented, no personal touches anywhere, the walls are a blank slate, Karen seems like the type to want to have some big ridiculous portrait of herself somewhere prominatly hanging to greet her guests.

17 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I shouldn't have laughed but I did LOL. Now I love me some Karen, but I have to keep it real: Karen can't do this because she can't install this in a rental. 

100% In my opinion, he was never coming and everyone knew this. 

I don't like the exterior either. These new houses are always huge and have modern finishes inside and aren't made of anything. Give me an old brick mansion any day. 

I love a good wig. Grab it and go. The industry has really stepped up the wig game. So many styles and choices. My new favorite are these varieties that clip in the back and you can use a cute scarf to put over your hair line, because I suck at laying down my "baby hairs". 

Usually I'm not a fn of blondish wigs on dark skinned women, being a dark skinned woman myself, but the blond wig did look great on Candiace. Robyn's wig didn't look too bad either. Wendy said nope, not even trying, haha. 

Gizelle's story line makes me sad and her lovely girls deserve so much more.

Also, for all the hair and makeup...the Christmas card photo looked rather cheap and unremarkable. I know people who take their own Christmas Card photos who do a much better job. You have four pretty ladies and no ugly ass Jamal...that picture should have been a show stopper.

I was afraid that Michael was going to grab Uncle Lump's butt during the dinner. The dinner scene itself was so fake that I am beginning to agree with the people who think the whole storyline was made up by Ashley and Michael to make him look more "hetero". We know that Ashley is not leaving Michael and supports her parasitic relatives and lowlife mother and homeless step father.

Baby Dean is cute, though.

I think the biggest irony of the whole wig party debacle was that Ashley and Candiass looked amazing in their wigs. Candiass looked adorable and the wig rally brightened Ashley's face and made her look a lot less tired (understandable with a newborn). I felt sorry for Dr. Hair (or was it Dr. Wig?) when Karen left the party early.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, nexxie said:

When Karen kept calling out “Yoo-hoo!” from the bath in ever more sickening tones, I imagined Ray slipping back down the steps and out the front door, silently closing it behind him and never to be seen again.

I'm sure Ray was envisioning that, too!

21 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I have to admit that I can have selective amnesia about HW I like. I had forgotten what a petty liar Karen could be about the dumbest most inconsequential things. The way she has been acting towards Candiace in regards to the fight debacle and her lies are making me not like her.

I like that Karen is willing to laugh at herself and take on Gizelle, but she loses so many cool points lying about stupid shit or flipping out for no reason. I wish she thought better on her feet and wasn't rattled by Ashley so easily.

20 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Don't know if anyone caught Monique on WWHL after, but she was adamant that there was no attempt at a set-up confrontation with her and Candiace. She said (and Andy confirmed) that production was aware that she was not willing/able to be in the same location as Candiace. It sounded like the plan was originally for a heart-to-heart with Monique and Karen, followed by a separate heart-to-heart with Candiace and Karen. The timing of everything was off and it looks like the editors may have used that to show it in the shadiest possible light, but Monique absolutely made it clear that at least on her part there was never any intent to have a run-in with Candiace at the wig show.

I can see Karen going along with that plan. She loves being seen as a mentor; it's part of her whole Grand Dame thing. To me, this makes more sense than Karen wanting to set Candiace and Monique up for a confrontation. 

18 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Exactly. Who or what is supposed to benefit from this reconciliation thing? Gizelle certainly isn't. The girls are against it, and Jamal can barely fake like he gives a damn.

17 hours ago, RealReality said:

If I heard correctly she is "partnering" with rpgshow wigs. 

If this is the case calling it Karen's "wig line" is a huge stretch, she is more like a spokesperson and she is paid to promote some wigs with her name on them. 

Its not a bad gig at all and karen ends up with free wigs and a payday with very little work. 

But its not like porsha, who legitimately had her own wig business. 

RPGshow, from what I've seen uses celebrity stylists to create wigs.  

Didn't Candiace have a wig line? She looked great in that wig at Karen's launch.

14 hours ago, RealReality said:

Karen is looking crazy, and I think Ray has a point that this has all gone to her head.  There are flashes of the old, fun Karen, but its not enough.  She is worlds away from becoming Nene Leakes, but I'm starting to see some similarities.  And just LOL at her desperately trying to get that packaging on TV. 

Same here. They both get loud and vulgar when their backs are against the wall.

Oh, and how stupid was Ashley's antacid gift? Karen was being generally dishonest, but she's right in that people who don't want to drink should be left alone about it. Ashley is an adult, not the teenage antagonist in a health class video.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think Karen's popularity might have gone to her head.  That scene with Ray was embarrassing because it was so obviously staged, like they had probably rehearsed it several times.   Ray looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but there, but he's going along with it the same way Greg Leakes went along with it all.  

That "fuck you" while walking out was really unbecoming of the "Grand Dame."

• Love 2
16 hours ago, RealReality said:

The secret, IMO, of going outside the house with your homedone wig is to just first wear it out someplace where you don't care.  Gas station, local Sprouts, maybe the post office.   People make the mistake of trying to buy a bin wig to go to the club, but its hard to get the confidence for all that.  

That's really good advice.  I can wear the shit out of my pony now, because I've done it so many times (although I seem to be utter incapable of simply saying "thank you" when I get compliments on it.  I have some compulsion to tell anyone it's not real), but I've only worn my halos when I was out of town.  I need to chop one, because I've had trouble finding halos in shorter lengths.  I really want added volume with just a little extra length, not end up looking like I'm about to let my hair down a tower for my suiter to climb.

On topic: while going to look at giant mansions on tv while owing nearly $100K to the IRS is truly terrible optics, it might actually not be terrible financially.  Not a giant mansion of course, but aren't they renting right now?  As a renter myself, it is just throwing away money.  No matter how much they owe the IRS, they still have a housing cost.  So, if their interest rate with the IRS is low (and it likely is and stopped accruing once she entered into a payment plan), it could be very smart to still purchase a home while paying off that debt.  It would actually be fairly dumb to make paying off the IRS debt their first priority, provided they never miss a payment on their payment plan.  And, I certainly could be misremembering, but didn't Juan and Robyn lose their money because it was stolen from them?  That it happened more because they put their trust in the wrong person, versus just blowing it all?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Oh, and how stupid was Ashley's antacid gift? Karen was being generally dishonest, but she's right in that people who don't want to drink should be left alone about it. Ashley is an adult, not the teenage antagonist in a health class video.

I was on Karen's side with this. If I say "I'm not drinking" then I'm not drinking and I don't need to explain why. Of course Karen had to make it worse by telling her whole ulcer story. She should have just said that she was tired and didn't feel like having a drink. It didn't need to become a thing. Also, what did she mean with the whole "that's the couch" comment? I was super confused.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lasu said:

On topic: while going to look at giant mansions on tv while owing nearly $100K to the IRS is truly terrible optics, it might actually not be terrible financially.  Not a giant mansion of course, but aren't they renting right now?  As a renter myself, it is just throwing away money.  No matter how much they owe the IRS, they still have a housing cost.  So, if their interest rate with the IRS is low (and it likely is and stopped accruing once she entered into a payment plan), it could be very smart to still purchase a home while paying off that debt.  It would actually be fairly dumb to make paying off the IRS debt their first priority, provided they never miss a payment on their payment plan.  And, I certainly could be misremembering, but didn't Juan and Robyn lose their money because it was stolen from them?  That it happened more because they put their trust in the wrong person, versus just blowing it all?

Absolutely. Hopefully they waited until now, because they could really get a good deal in the middle of the pandemic with price and rates. I would imagine that with her Bravo check and his basketball check, they need a bigger tax shelter if they are just renting. I also agree that it seems they suffered from trusting the wrong person versus being financially irresponsible and blowing the money.

• Love 3