Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TexasGal

S05.E18: Shifty Wigs

Recommended Posts

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 8:18 PM, FlyingEgret said:

Gizelle: your dad's coming for the holidays

Kids: why?

I love those girls!

This is just so sad to me.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 8:29 PM, Bronzedog said:

I’m seeing and hearing about way too much about Karen’s sex life this season.  Plus, she might want to leave at least a robe on until she sees if Ray gets up all those steps without having a heart attack.

I was getting nervous that he wasn't gonna make it all the way up! It was so funny how slow he actually was thought. And did yall hear the little "bubble" in the water after he closed the door and Karen started hysterically laughing? Did he/she fart in the tub? Lol

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 8:37 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Ashly you are a grown ass women with a child why do you need to have your family talk to your husband? They ain’t in your marriage... this is beyond ridiculous 

I disagree. My ex-husband always had issues with my parents and vice-versa, all really relating to the way the other would treat me. I felt many times like they should've sat down and talked it out. Maybe then things wouldn't have been so awkward between them for 10+ years.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 6:56 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Wouldn't it have been funny if Karen had all the ladies model wigs for her website then cut Robin out of it?!

I legit thought that's what would happen.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 6:59 AM, nexxie said:

When Karen kept calling out “Yoo-hoo!” from the bath in ever more sickening tones, I imagined Ray slipping back down the steps and out the front door, silently closing it behind him and never to be seen again.

This got on my nerves to no end! It wasn't cut in the least.

 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 3:26 PM, lasu said:

Also, does Candiace still have her extension line?  I wonder how she felt about Karen slapping her name on a competing product.

I forgot about her line!

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 8:42 AM, MaggieG said:

Also, what did she mean with the whole "that's the couch" comment? I was super confused.

Also confused about the couch comment.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 2:19 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

All of this.... Karen Lies about the dumbest things ... Everyone knew she was lying about the reason for not drinking ( no one would have gave a shit if she just said I am not drinking or I tend to be a lil bit messy when I drink)  and instead of just saying I don't want to drink she made up "health" issues ... those "health" issues seemed to disappear and reappear at whim of who she was around when she gets caught in a lie she gets super defensive and lashes out like it was them who was lying .... ... Just like her lying to the girls about NOT inviting Monique which is on camera ... like girl why lie? its dumb and you get caught so easy ....

But she doesn't lie. Everyone "twists" her words, remember? Lol

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, ErikaOnline said:

I love a good sew-in. But when I need to wear a wig I usually get a beauty supply store one haha. Usually half human hair and half synthetic.

I love my cheapies too and I've seen girls rock the hell out of a beauty shop wig.  

I'm not that talented, but some of those girls on YouTube can make a $20 wig look like something la'dame!

I kind of marvel at it because it's really an example of making a dollar out of fifteen cents.  

I will say though that I couldn't wear one of my cheapies for an extended period because I find the thicker lace VERY itchy.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Bingo.  Not to mention other factors.  We are headed for something, and now would be the time to be preparing and being conservative with your money.  Robyn and Juan both have income NOW, and the minute she got some coin in her pocket she had to start looking at million dollar homes.  They need to be building up their retirement and investments if they lost it all and are starting at zero.  What about the boys college funds?  I’m assuming those were back at zero as well.  
 

So what if she lived “frugally,” recently.  She only did that because she had no choice, until the show came along that’s all they could afford.  Does she not remember how much it costs to heat and run a million dollar home?  You’d think she would since her gas service was shut off in the past for non payment.  Oh, and Robyn, you have to pay your PROPERTY taxes too.  Those won’t be cheap.  In her own words “you almost had me.”  Yup, you did.  But driving a modest car and renting a townhome does not equal financial responsibility when you wind up owing the IRS $90k less than 10 years after you came out of bankruptcy.  
 

I do wonder if her and Juan will really ever get married.  And if so, will they commingle their monies.  It seems pretty clear that they are keeping things separate right now.  I don’t blame him.

I'm not sure when they film but in fairness to them they may not have known about the giant dump the economy would take with covid.  

Did they end up buying.  If anyone knows, spoiler tag?

If they purchased right now that doesn't seem super smart since there is likely to be high supply next year. 

I think prior to the virus the economy was slowing down and due for a correction.  From my understanding low interest rates were a way to try to stop it.  So if that was the case maybe it made sense to buy before coronavirus blew up.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I'm not sure when they film but in fairness to them they may not have known about the giant dump the economy would take with covid.  

Did they end up buying.  If anyone knows, spoiler tag?

If they purchased right now that doesn't seem super smart since there is likely to be high supply next year. 

I think prior to the virus the economy was slowing down and due for a correction.  From my understanding low interest rates were a way to try to stop it.  So if that was the case maybe it made sense to buy before coronavirus blew up.  

Purchasing within your price range is always a good idea.  And yes, rates are very low right now, so another perk of purchasing.  I’m not disputing any of that.  That’s all fine and great. And of course no one knew what COVID was gonna do to the market. The issue is that property taxes go up every year.  Utilities on that million dollar house are high AF.   They’ve been burned in the past, why dig yourself into that same hole AGAIN?  Just because you have a TV gig now and Juan is coaching (for now).   You’re just coming off owing the IRS $90k, which I don’t give a crap how many Bravo checks it took her to pay it off like it’s no big deal.  Getting into debt to the IRS for $90k in the first place is a major financial mismanagement issue.  I’m also guessing they were foreclosed on with their former home?  I guess that wasn’t ever really divulged.  Either way...setting yourself up for foreclosure #2 just isn’t a great plan.  In my opinion, of course.
 



 

Edited by geauxaway
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/3/2020 at 8:53 AM, geauxaway said:

Bingo.  Not to mention other factors.  We are headed for something, and now would be the time to be preparing and being conservative with your money.  Robyn and Juan both have income NOW, and the minute she got some coin in her pocket she had to start looking at million dollar homes.  They need to be building up their retirement and investments if they lost it all and are starting at zero.  What about the boys college funds?  I’m assuming those were back at zero as well.  
 

If Juan keeps working at a college that’s a good college plan for the kids. They would probably get free tuition. That’s a very common benefit for college employees. My friend’s dad worked as a janitor at an Ivy League school and my friend and his brother attended for free. My cousin got tuition benefits for four kids

Edited by GussieK
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

On 12/3/2020 at 6:56 PM, RealReality said:

I love my cheapies too and I've seen girls rock the hell out of a beauty shop wig.  

I'm not that talented, but some of those girls on YouTube can make a $20 wig look like something la'dame!

I kind of marvel at it because it's really an example of making a dollar out of fifteen cents.  

I will say though that I couldn't wear one of my cheapies for an extended period because I find the thicker lace VERY itchy.  

I could go on and on about wigs. I wore wigs for several years of chemotherapy. I had cheap wigs, mid priced wigs, and one expensive human hair wig. That expensive wig was uncomfortable and didn’t hold up well. It supposedly fooled some people. The mid priced wigs were my best ones. It was fun to change colors and styles. You could always tell I was wearing a wig, though, but it was better than being bald. It’s different for men. They should never wear wigs, except in movies. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, GussieK said:

I could go on and on about wigs. I wore wigs for several years of chemotherapy. I had cheap wigs, mid priced wigs, and one expensive human hair wig. That expensive wig was uncomfortable and didn’t hold up well. It supposedly fooled some people. The mid priced wigs were my best ones. It was fun to change colors and styles. You could always tell I was wearing a wig, though, but it was better than being bald. It’s different for men. They should never wear wigs, except in movies. 

Chemo must have really sucked, but its neat that you could find something to enjoy in such an awful time.  Like you said, there are wigs that are obvious, but still fun.  I know its an indulgence, but I'll leave just this one video here of ChrissyJaye, who I think slays colorful, fun, cheap wigs.  Like what she is wearing is obviously a wig, but I think it looks good and it looks like fun!

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

Chemo must have really sucked, but its neat that you could find something to enjoy in such an awful time.  Like you said, there are wigs that are obvious, but still fun.  I know its an indulgence, but I'll leave just this one video here of ChrissyJaye, who I think slays colorful, fun, cheap wigs.  Like what she is wearing is obviously a wig, but I think it looks good and it looks like fun!

 

This is great.  Lots of fun.  I never had a blue wig, but my fun colors were blond and cherry red.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/30/2020 at 3:26 PM, lasu said:

I have very rarely cared if a storyline is real or false, but Gizelle's is really bugging me because of her girls.  My parents divorced before my memory started forming, so I really identify with her girls.  At first, I thought it was just the same as I would have felt; I would have HATED my parents dating, but that's because it would have collided my worlds and it's like, my mom was mine, my dad was mine.  They have no business with each other as far as my younger self was concerned.  But this honestly just feels beyond that.  They seem to have a real distaste for their dad that goes beyond their parents dating, and it's very uncomfortable.  If Gizelle is truly doing this just for a storyline and has zero belief deep down this is real, then this may be the trashiest thing I've seen on these franchises.

I ain't been to Morehouse, ain't been to no house, no degree much less a pedigree.  But if my mom talked to me in private the way Dr. Wendy's mom did, we would have issues.  If my mom talked to me the way Dr. Wendy's mom did on camera, we would be done.  I may not have much, but I don't have anyone trying to take credit for what I do have.

I desperately want to play more with wigs.  I have a clip on pony (I'm wearing it in profile pic, but I don't think you can tell), and I have JUST starting playing with halo extensions.  I have a couple of full wigs, but I just can't balls up to wear one in public.  I even have a really nice lace-front that I'm too scared to cut, no matter how many youtube tutorials I watch.  I think the halos may be as daring as I get.  Which is lame.

Also, does Candiace still have her extension line?  I wonder how she felt about Karen slapping her name on a competing product.

For someone that has no degree or no Morehouse , or no house as you say , your writing is impeccable and your thought process always complete, no lose ends dangling. I always enjoy reading your comments, you should consider blogging or just writing in general. You really are that good.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/3/2020 at 6:04 PM, RealReality said:

I'm not sure when they film but in fairness to them they may not have known about the giant dump the economy would take with covid.  

Did they end up buying.  If anyone knows, spoiler tag?

If they purchased right now that doesn't seem super smart since there is likely to be high supply next year. 

I think prior to the virus the economy was slowing down and due for a correction.  From my understanding low interest rates were a way to try to stop it.  So if that was the case maybe it made sense to buy before coronavirus blew up.  

It may be more beneficial to build their own home than to continue renting, rent can be as high as a mortgage depending on where you live. 

Share this post


Link to post

@byrd, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a while.  Thank you.  And for the record, I didn't write the Morehouse or no house line, that goes to Stephen King's Odetta.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/1/2020 at 11:08 PM, qtpye said:

 

Does anyone know if the DMV area house prices have been affected by the pandemic? I know that many high priced areas like Manhattan and San Francisco have seen their inventory go up and their prices go down for the first time in decades. Juan and Robyn might be able to take advantage of the situation (providing that they have good credit...which seems unlikely). 

 

I agree with all of you...I think Michael is a predator and Ashley knows it.

I think Ashley is a little too infatuated with the approval of older men since her own biological father wanted nothing to do with her and her mother always picked worthless men over her.

It is stupid that a grown ass woman would have her broke ass family come and lecture Michael about his cheating ways. Do they also come over when he grabs a male crew member's ass?

I just hope her sweet baby (and the one on the way) is safe.

Re: bolded text above. Yes, it was stupid and had a skeevy vibe as if uncle and mama had rented out Ashley to Michael and were checking him on how he treated their "property". UGH. Ashley, own your own self, manage your own marriage, and check your own husband. The guy may be a pervy creep but you're allowing and expecting him to pay your mama's bills when he actually doesn't owe your family anything, so I doubt he thinks he owes them more than a fake, made-for-TV apology. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size