Type keyword(s) to search

Jen: Don't call me Aggressive or I'll bash your Fkng Head In

• Start Topic

So basically she didn't attend the reunion because she doesn't want to discuss the fact that she plead guilty when all last season and this season she has been screaming "I'm innocent!". Did she really think Bravo and Andy would just not talk about that?

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I suspect, even without Jen, the reunion will still be a shrieking festival.  Who needs it?  Nothing will be revealed that we don’t already know about with Jen, as it is all a matter of public record.

Her sickening innocent defense is simply irrelevant.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, amarante said:

Typically white collar criminals in Federal Court are not immediately taken into custody while awaiting sentencing.

She isn't receiving special treatment. 

The “typical” white collar criminal isn’t facing 14 years behind bars.  She’s facing much more time than both the Giudices, combined.  But I’ll move on.  Agree to disagree.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Interesting about all of her fake bags.  Taylor Armstrong, RHOC, had to pay off ex-husband Russell's debts after his death, and, you guessed it....bags were all fake.

Bethenny Frankel was on WWHL a week or so ago, and Andy asked if she had any advice for new HW's.  She said to the viewers, just remember, the more they flaunt, the more fake it is.  That huge mansion?  Rented.  That fancy sports car?  Leased.  Etc.

Where Jen's going, she won't need Birkin bags.  Real or fake.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, jalady said:

The “typical” white collar criminal isn’t facing 14 years behind bars.  She’s facing much more time than both the Giudices, combined.  But I’ll move on.  Agree to disagree.

I don’t understand your point. 

The Guidices were able to split their confinement only because Teresa had a relatively short sentence. 

I used the example as another way in which it is standard for the Federal government not to necessarily incarcerate white collar criminals as soon as they are convicted because there is no risk to the community if they don’t go to prison immediately. 

Jen isn’t receiving special treatment as it is pretty standard to have white collar criminals be able to report to prison at a time in the future. 

What is the difference since their sentence will start whenever they actually are in prison 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

5 minutes ago, amarante said:

I don’t understand your point. 

The Guidices were able to split their confinement only because Teresa had a relatively short sentence. 

I used the example as another way in which it is standard for the Federal government not to necessarily incarcerate white collar criminals as soon as they are convicted because there is no risk to the community if they don’t go to prison immediately. 

Jen isn’t receiving special treatment as it is pretty standard to have white collar criminals be able to report to prison at a time in the future. 

What is the difference since their sentence will start whenever they actually are in prison 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I work in the federal criminal justice system.  My point is, while blue collar criminals are treated more harshly than white collar criminals, it is not “standard” for federally convicted felons facing a minimum of 14 years incarceration to be released to spend the holidays with their family.  At least not where I practice law.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 5
6 hours ago, b2H said:

I suspect, even without Jen, the reunion will still be a shrieking festival.  Who needs it?  Nothing will be revealed that we don’t already know about with Jen, as it is all a matter of public record.

Her sickening innocent defense is simply irrelevant.

Most of the public who watch only the show don't know the background and that she plead guilty and was convicted. So they need to know in the reunion since she didn't attend (I believe the reunion was taped today), and I don't doubt Andy Cohen will at least disclose this.

Is Jen so disgustingly obsessed with designer brands that 31 authentic items were not enough, she had to get many counterfeit ones in order to posture? 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

All of her Chanel bags and accessories are fake. Even the Chanel costume jewelry which are pricey though, so she bought fake. Her Hermes bags are fake too. Her authentic bags are mostly Louis Vuitton although she had plently of fake LV too. Her Tiffany and Cartier bangles/bracelets are goldplated and silverplated with crystals or initiation diamonds instead of white, and yellow gold, and diamonds.

And she had authentic designer real fur clothing, some with real fur trimming. I could tell she wore real fur on the show. The poor animals are born/raised in cages for their fur under terrible conditions, and are electrocuted, so that their fur remains intact....

• Sad 6
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Meredith really made jewelry? I thought she just sold other designers' stuff. 

Meredith has a jewelry line which was kind of cute in the past. She is a jewelry designer- she has a degree/certification from the GIA (Gemological Institute of America), on top of her BA, and law degrees.

Jen owned two Meredith Marks rings which were confiscated.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
8 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Meredith has a jewelry line which was kind of cute in the past. She is a jewelry designer- she has a degree/certification from the GIA (Gemological Institute of America), on top of her BA, and law degrees.

Jen owned two Meredith Marks rings which were confiscated.

Yes, the confiscation list was what cued me in about Meredith actually being a designer. I just thought she owned a boutique.

• Like 3

I'm not sure there are words to describe this level of ...brashness(?):

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/17/entertainment/jennifer-shah-real-housewives-sentencing-request/index.html

Highlights:

"Jennifer Shah, a cast member of the reality series “The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City,” asked a judge to give her a lesser sentence of three years in prison for stealing from hundreds of victims – many of them elderly – in a long-running telemarketing scheme."

“The terrible business decisions I made and professional relationships I developed stemmed from some personal painful experiences that I was going through in my life,” Shah wrote to the judge in a four-page letter titled, “How I got involved in the situation?”

Under Shah’s plea deal, the sentencing range is between 11 and 14 years in prison under advisory guidelines. The Probation Department has recommended a six-year prison term, and prosecutors will submit their own recommended sentence to the judge next week.

Jen Shah, 'Real Housewives of Salt Lake City' cast member, must forfeit designer and counterfeit handbags and jewelry, judge rules

In court documents on Shah’s behalf during the sentencing process, her attorneys claim she wasn’t a “kingpin” of the telemarketing scheme and that her sentence should be lower than some of the other co-conspirators. Shah never had direct contact with the victims, her lawyers say, although prosecutors alleged that she came up with leads to target for the scheme.

Prosecutors have said that since 2012, Shah and others sold so-called “business services” to the alleged victims, including website design services to some elderly individuals who didn’t own computers."

"

Shah submitted 30 letters of support from family and friends – none came from her current cast members who she had volatile relationships with over the two seasons. She asked to serve her sentence at the federal prison in Bryan, Texas.

Shah has agreed to forfeit $6.5 million and pay up to $9.5 million in restitution to the victims."

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
11 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/17/entertainment/jennifer-shah-real-housewives-sentencing-request/index.html

Highlights:

"Jennifer Shah, a cast member of the reality series “The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City,” asked a judge to give her a lesser sentence of three years in prison for stealing from hundreds of victims – many of them elderly – in a long-running telemarketing scheme."

“The terrible business decisions I made and professional relationships I developed stemmed from some personal painful experiences that I was going through in my life,” Shah wrote to the judge in a four-page letter titled, “How I got involved in the situation?”

Under Shah’s plea deal, the sentencing range is between 11 and 14 years in prison under advisory guidelines. The Probation Department has recommended a six-year prison term, and prosecutors will submit their own recommended sentence to the judge next week.

Jen Shah, 'Real Housewives of Salt Lake City' cast member, must forfeit designer and counterfeit handbags and jewelry, judge rules

In court documents on Shah’s behalf during the sentencing process, her attorneys claim she wasn’t a “kingpin” of the telemarketing scheme and that her sentence should be lower than some of the other co-conspirators. Shah never had direct contact with the victims, her lawyers say, although prosecutors alleged that she came up with leads to target for the scheme.

Prosecutors have said that since 2012, Shah and others sold so-called “business services” to the alleged victims, including website design services to some elderly individuals who didn’t own computers."

"

Shah submitted 30 letters of support from family and friends – none came from her current cast members who she had volatile relationships with over the two seasons. She asked to serve her sentence at the federal prison in Bryan, Texas.

Shah has agreed to forfeit $6.5 million and pay up to $9.5 million in restitution to the victims."

This fucking boggles the mind…the nerve of that lying snake!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

I hope the letters written on her behalf are made public. The letters in defense of pedophile Josh Duggar were, and they were hilarious. His wife called him a wonderful husband who brushed up cracker crumbs. Yep, that's the best she could come up with. 😀

I imagine the same could be said about Jen. Does she even have one redeeming quality?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6
6 minutes ago, CallmeCray said:

This fucking boggles the mind…the nerve of that lying snake!

It's little wonder she won't be at the reunion...she'd knew there be some explaining to do.  That dance she's been doing has got to be exhausting too.  I'm guessing she'll be right back to claiming innocence soon. 

'

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
15 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I hope the letters written on her behalf are made public. The letters in defense of pedophile Josh Duggar were, and they were hilarious. His wife called him a wonderful husband who brushed up cracker crumbs. Yep, that's the best she could come up with. 😀

I imagine the same could be said about Jen. Does she even have one redeeming quality?

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23463334/shahsentencingexhibits.pdf

Here is the document with all the letters. Some things have been redacted (I think minors and personal info of some; e.g., location, company they work for. 
Almost all of them are from family members. There are a few from friends, three of who she connected with on Instagram and have only known for 2-3 years. 

Further down in the document is her statement, most of which is redacted.

It makes for entertaining reading. I had no idea she was such a stellar human being, I guess all that got edited out of the show.

I went down these rabbit holes while watching boring College Bowl Game.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Am I the only viewer confused by Jen's popularity? The woman is clearly spinning out of control, and this rag-tag group of housewives are all over her, professing their loyalty, trying to put her in a better. She's a manipulative bully, who likes to throw out random drama ("I tried to kill myself!") whenever shes being called out of her shit.

And I'm sorry, but in that pink strapless one piece, Heather DID look like a lego man.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

It makes for entertaining reading. I had no idea she was such a stellar human being, I guess all that got edited out of the show.

I started reading the letters, but lost interest when i realized the majority were written by either someone named Shah or Lui, Coach's people, and Jens family.

• Like 4
On 12/16/2022 at 2:02 PM, amarante said:

I am not surprised at all as a lot of the stuff that is essentially just branded is high end replicas.

I am in Los Angeles and a lot of wealthy women have high end mirror image quality replica. You can literally get almost anything and it is almost impossible to tell from the authentic unless you are so expert thst yu can recognize minor differences in stitches or the serial numbers. They aren’t cheap as the good ones can cost about what a decent leather purse would cost in a good store. But some of them are extremely expensive if you want a crocodile or snake Birkin or ultra high end Chanel. 

I’m so disappointed! There goes my Jen Shah US Marshall auction dreams. What was she spending all of her stolen Granny money on then? They apparently don’t have any real assets.

Related to above - my niece (cousin’s daughter) grew up in the UAE (long story) and has been staying with us the past several months for an internship at the Embassy. She told me that all the uber rich in the UAE (she’s not one of them - but runs with that crowd - she knows a bunch of people on some Netflix reality show) have fake handbags. Says cost about $300-$500 for the really good ones and could hook me up. I declined on principle.

I just don’t get it cause these are really really really rich people. Like the kind that spend millions on a private Beyoncé concert. She gets to go to those, along with free ultra luxury vacations and Michelin star restaurants. She’s 26. When I was her age I was still cramming into the likes of the Days Inn with my friends and living it up at the Village Inn (free pie Wednesday!). My bag was probably a Ralph Lauren I got at Marshall’s or something from the Coach outlet.

Edited by Jennifersdc
Minor
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Highlights:

"

Jen claims she was not the kingpin because she didn't have direct contact with the victims. Of course she didn't, she gave orders to others below her, and provided the leads.

It also seems that she has assets, if she agreed to forfeit them (millions of dollars), obviously not the fake designer goods. I have no idea where the money went- her husband earned a very good salary, as well. Vacations, restaurants, parties? The couple had a modest house which was sold at a loss (for about $200,000, or a little more) after the first season. All the houses we saw on the show were rented, and that was an expense.

And she asked for a low sentence of 3 years although the fraud continued for 9 years....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Jen claims she was not the kingpin because she didn't have direct contact with the victims. Of course she didn't, she gave orders to others below her, and provided the leads.

It also seems that she has assets, if she agreed to forfeit them (millions of dollars), obviously not the fake designer goods. I have no idea where the money went- her husband earned a very good salary, as well. Vacations, restaurants, parties? The couple had a modest house which was sold at a loss (for about $200,000, or a little more) after the first season. All the houses we saw on the show were rented, and that was an expense.

And she asked for a low sentence of 3 years although the fraud continued for 9 years....

I worked for a company where the CFO embezzeled 2.5 million, the company ultimately folded but when the judge sentenced her she got 23 years, all but 7 were suspended and she served about 5 years.  She was clever as a money person and we all believe there was a stash in some country waiting for her when she was released from prison...the state of Maryland wanted their taxes on that money she stole and the company went out of business leaving 60 people unemployed...she was a heinous person. Jenn did a lot of damage but mostly the states where she committed fraud will want their taxes where she made money and people had fortunes stolen, I doubt any judge will be lenient with her sentence.  

• Sad 2
  • Useful 3
37 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I worked for a company where the CFO embezzeled 2.5 million, the company ultimately folded but when the judge sentenced her she got 23 years, all but 7 were suspended and she served about 5 years.  She was clever as a money person and we all believe there was a stash in some country waiting for her when she was released from prison...the state of Maryland wanted their taxes on that money she stole and the company went out of business leaving 60 people unemployed...she was a heinous person. Jenn did a lot of damage but mostly the states where she committed fraud will want their taxes where she made money and people had fortunes stolen, I doubt any judge will be lenient with her sentence.  

It's possible Jen hid money (she doesn't even own real estate) to use in the future. She is only about 50, and if she receives a shorter sentence, she will be free when she is still young. It seems most of her designer loot is fake (so not so much money spent there- the Chanel and LV bags had labels Made in China on, per the above list, so there are not expensive fakes), she doesn't own real estate, and I'm sure her cars are leased. 

I suspect Tom Girardi hid money, as well because he committed fraud for decades, and he was probably prepared for the future. 

I know that this is a personal view, and it's not based on any facts, only suspicions. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

If Jen "only" serves 5-7 years and gets probation for several years after, I bet we will see her again on future RH shows.  I know we all say we're getting tired of the RH franchise, but we all keep coming back to view it, so I bet it will still be running in some form or another.  

Andy will stay in touch with her, undoubtedly.

If she ends up in Bryan, TX, I could come visit her.  I'll bring my real designer bag just to flaunt it.  😉

19 days.

That's our countdown to her sentencing date of Jan. 6th.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

If Jen "only" serves 5-7 years and gets probation for several years after, I bet we will see her again on future RH shows.

I think her restitution promises are based on her belief that she will be back on the reality TV hustle in several years. And of course now we have Only Fans and Cameo (Captain Lee of Below Deck was a top Cameo earner.)

The grifting possibilities are endless. Instead of Happy Birthday Cameo videos, Jen could create videos where she threatens someone a Cameo customer really hates.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • LOL 9
On 12/16/2022 at 10:30 PM, Stats Queen said:

Here’s a list of 108 items seized from Jen.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.nysd.526981/gov.uscourts.nysd.526981.643.0.pdf

The first 31 are real, the remaining are counterfeit- 

I'm thinking it's a good idea that Angie declined that necklace "gift" from Jen.  She was right - it probably would have been seized.

~Or~

it was a fake and not worth the $4,000.00 or whatever Jen said.

I wonder just how much Jen spent on all those fakes.  It had to be a decent amount.  Not that the resale on them will help much with her restitution, but just crazy that she would have that many handbags, and tried to pull off that each and every one of them was the genuine article, all while living in leased houses.

I'd like to know what the federal government will do.  I guess they could auction them as "fakes" or "replicas" (because they can't advertise them any other way), but who's going to pay any considerable amount on a used replica handbag?  I'd love to see where this goes if they do auction off the items.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 2

The thing about the fake handbags is that they are illegal if they resemble the real thing too much.

So the federal government can't auction them off.  Not sure what they can do, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they have to trash them.

Years ago, you could buy really good fake designer bags in NYC.  You'd be walking down the street and see them out on the sidewalks.

Later, someone would say "psssst" from a corner, and they'd take you into a place with tons of really good fakes, as the city worked hard to crack down.  

I'm not even sure they're donate-able.

Funny story:  For a big birthday, I treated myself to an LV bag.  I found it online, from a "great retailer".  Now this was 10 years ago, and of course I'd spot this a mile away today.  I carried that bag for years, "knowing" it was real.  I even paid a lot for it.  Recently, I checked the serial number, and...fake fake fake.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
18 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Related to above - my niece (cousin’s daughter) grew up in the UAE (long story) and has been staying with us the past several months for an internship at the Embassy. She told me that all the uber rich in the UAE (she’s not one of them - but runs with that crowd - she knows a bunch of people on some Netflix reality show) have fake handbags. Says cost about $300-$500 for the really good ones and could hook me up. I declined on principle.

I just don’t get it cause these are really really really rich people. 

I guess even really rich people know that $10,000 on a handbag is a ridiculous and stupid waste of money 😄

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
17 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'm thinking it's a good idea that Angie declined that necklace "gift" from Jen.  She was right - it probably would have been seized.

~Or~

it was a fake and not worth the $4,000.00 or whatever Jen said.

I wonder just how much Jen spent on all those fakes.  It had to be a decent amount.  Not that the resale on them will help much with her restitution, but just crazy that she would have that many handbags, and tried to pull off that each and every one of them was the genuine article, all while living in leased houses.

I'd like to know what the federal government will do.  I guess they could auction them as "fakes" or "replicas" (because they can't advertise them any other way), but who's going to pay any considerable amount on a used replica handbag?  I'd love to see where this goes if they do auction off the items.

Counterfeit designer merchandise is normally destroyed.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
On 12/17/2022 at 11:44 PM, Jennifersdc said:

What was she spending all of her stolen Granny money on then? They apparently don’t have any real assets.

Well, it looks like she's agreed to forfeit $6.5 million, which I'm guessing is every single penny that she and Coach had between them. So, she had something that they attached, froze or confiscated. I believe the $9 million restitution is on top of that, but someone who has read the documents can correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Well, it looks like she's agreed to forfeit $6.5 million, which I'm guessing is every single penny that she and Coach had between them. So, she had something that they attached, froze or confiscated. I believe the $9 million restitution is on top of that, but someone who has read the documents can correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes restitution is on top of the seizures although it doesn't appear that she actually has that amount to seize.

She might have money stashed in the Cayman Islands but I also think - even with her fakes - she had a very expensive lifestyle. She rented expensive homes for two seasons and even the home she is now living in which she says is a downgrade is pretty nice by most standards. 

She also seemed to entertain - that party for Meredith in the first episode wasn't cheap and she held a few more events that were expensive. While BRAVO picks up expenses for travel and when the ladies eat out together, their parties are paid for by the individual housewives which is why some housewives never host anything - or when they host it is relatively modest dinner parties or lunches which they cook themselves.

Some of her stuff was authentic and even the fake stuff when multiplied by all of the items still cost much more than most people spend on clothing and jewelry.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I skimmed the letters - they are very bizarre - even taking into account they are all family members, these people had to reach

Coach Shah's letter had a real WTF moment for me because he is talking about the oldest son getting into med school - which is of course an achievement. But then the next sentence is that Jen (and presumably Coach) never paid any money for his expenses because the son earned a scholarship, took out loans and saved money. Jen Shah for a number of years unquestionably had enough money to spend on clothing, bags, jewelry and other expensive stuff even though some of it was replica but she never set up a fund for the son. What kind of twisted priorities are those as most decent parents would have set up the fund immediately - and maybe given up a few hundred thousand dollars worth of wanton luxury.

Yes I realize that there is some question as to whether the fund would be clawed back but when Jen was spending wildly in all those years, she certainly didn't think she was going to wind up in prison with huge restitution and penalties. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

I wonder if the Shahs are in heavy debt with low credit scores, despite Coach's alleged high income and the tsunami of money that came Jen's way. I'm referring to debt before they incurred Jen's legal fees.

Not owning a home, not helping with a child's tuition...those seem odd in light of their supposed incomes.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Two opposing theories about Coach Shah:

1)  He is complicit in the illegal activity and is gaslighting us all, or....

2)  He just lets his wife yap away, spend away, do anything she wants, to keep her quiet, to keep her from throwing martini glasses across the room.  And he is therefore oblivious.

My money's on # 2.

• Like 9

I don't see the lack of college money as strange. One thing I've come to see as I've become an adult is that Gen Xer's who come from families that were not of means, usually ended up going to school on some combination of loans, scholarships, work study, etc at a point where college could be paid for with a part-time job and small supplemental funding. Many of them were able to pay their way through school and graduated with debt (but not the crushing debt their kids are experiencing). While they may have become solidly middle-class, many did not save for their kids (AT ALL), I think in no small part because it never occurred to them that their kids wouldn't be able to do the same thing they did. 

I've seen this in my own family, and among friends where the concept of saving was not prioritized. By contrast, my friends who had families with even small amounts of inheritance, and gifting from older generations to younger, tend to repeat that with their own kids. 

• Like 2
On 12/16/2022 at 7:32 PM, Starlight925 said:

Bethenny Frankel was on WWHL a week or so ago, and Andy asked if she had any advice for new HW's.  She said to the viewers, just remember, the more they flaunt, the more fake it is.  That huge mansion?  Rented.  That fancy sports car?  Leased.  Etc.

Before everything went completely to hell, I remember admiring first season Kim Zolciak because as much as the other women taunted her about living in a townhouse, she made the snide remark that she actually owned it. She wasn't spending Big Poppa money on handbags - she was putting it into actual assets.  At the time.

I like my housewives low key about their money until they have to play that card - was anything better than Kandi responding to some brag (?by Nene?) with the fact that she could buy and sell everybody in the room?  The phonies forget who they're dealing with and sometimes need to be reminded.

Jen always came across as phony, as did Mary. Aside from the over the top wardrobes, the other SLC housewives appear to live in relatively normal homes that I can believe are theirs. Maybe mortgaged to the hilt, but they're not pretend castles.

• Like 7
On 12/16/2022 at 10:41 PM, ZettaK said:

And she had authentic designer real fur clothing, some with real fur trimming. I could tell she wore real fur on the show. The poor animals are born/raised in cages for their fur under terrible conditions, and are electrocuted, so that their fur remains intact....

I am so sickened by fur.  I only wish the same for her.  Not getting electrocuted, but finding herself in a cage.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I don't see the lack of college money as strange. One thing I've come to see as I've become an adult is that Gen Xer's who come from families that were not of means, usually ended up going to school on some combination of loans, scholarships, work study, etc at a point where college could be paid for with a part-time job and small supplemental funding. Many of them were able to pay their way through school and graduated with debt (but not the crushing debt their kids are experiencing). While they may have become solidly middle-class, many did not save for their kids (AT ALL), I think in no small part because it never occurred to them that their kids wouldn't be able to do the same thing they did. 

I've seen this in my own family, and among friends where the concept of saving was not prioritized. By contrast, my friends who had families with even small amounts of inheritance, and gifting from older generations to younger, tend to repeat that with their own kids. 

Obviously experiences vary but I don't know anyone with the kind of income that the Shahs had who don't pay for college and graduate school.

Jen was spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on clothing, rentals, parties and other consumer goods.

Most parents prioritize their children especially when it comes to education.

If parents can't afford to help their children, that is a different issue. But Jen was making a a LOT of money for many years. So much money that was squandered.

My judgment of her is based on this complete lack of priorities. Of course if she had normal priorities, she wouldn't have decided to commit criminal actions and exploit senior citizens to fund an extravagant lifestyle when the income Coach earned would be sufficient for a very comfortable upper middle class lifestyle.

• Like 4
On 12/17/2022 at 5:25 PM, Stats Queen said:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23463334/shahsentencingexhibits.pdf

Here is the document with all the letters. Some things have been redacted (I think minors and personal info of some; e.g., location, company they work for. 
Almost all of them are from family members. There are a few from friends, three of who she connected with on Instagram and have only known for 2-3 years. 

Thank you for this!  I am seeing a trend... and I think I know where her money went.  To her family.  She "helped" all of her brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews.  Gas money, rent, food, etc.  They all lived off her in some way.  Her mom mentioned that she is the oldest and in charge of taking care of the family, and that she did that.  Umm yeah idiot with STOLEN money.  I mean, almost every letter mentions that Jen has helped them out with support and financial assistance.  

Also I noticed that not many of the letters mentioned the victims.  It was a lot of "Jen is a wonderful, giving woman.."  It is really easy to be giving when you have all the (stolen) money in the world to give.  The letters are all about money!  

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Thank you for this!  I am seeing a trend... and I think I know where her money went.  To her family.  She "helped" all of her brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews.  Gas money, rent, food, etc.  They all lived off her in some way.  Her mom mentioned that she is the oldest and in charge of taking care of the family, and that she did that.  Umm yeah idiot with STOLEN money.  I mean, almost every letter mentions that Jen has helped them out with support and financial assistance.  

Also I noticed that not many of the letters mentioned the victims.  It was a lot of "Jen is a wonderful, giving woman.."  It is really easy to be giving when you have all the (stolen) money in the world to give.  The letters are all about money!  

She even said on the show she helped her family financially. It's obvious she spent a lot on herself though. And her, or her family could have hidden some because this is common. 

And the lack of comments about the victims in the letters reminds me of Erika Girardi. Jen doesn't mention the victims because she claims she is innocent. 

The fines can be as high as the amount of money the state considers was stolen. 

• Like 1