Type keyword(s) to search

Jen: Don't call me Aggressive or I'll bash your Fkng Head In

• Start Topic

Federal prison doesn't have parole so she will serve at least 85% of the sentence plus significant restitution.

Prosecutors only asked for 10 years and I suspect that the final sentence was negotiated as part of the plea deal. It is exactly the mid point between what defense asked and prosecution asked - 10 years plus 3 years divided by 2 equals 6.5 years.

It is still a long term - even best case scenario - i.e. serving only 85% of sentence she is in for a bit more than 5.5 years and even the minimum security prisons are still prisons and a pretty horrendous experience for most people.

Not that I have sympathy for her but I don't think her sentence is outlandishly low given sentencing guidelines.

• Like 6
  • Useful 4

In a few months time, I can see Jen being HBIC of the prisoners.  She has some ability to seemingly bewitch people into doing her bidding/ supporting her to the end.  Case in point: Coach Shah, her minions involved in the scamming,  Heather and, to a lesser extent, the other HWs. Add to that her psycho attitude and lean toward violence and you have a cellblock leader, for sure.   

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

She'll have 5+ years to read every book ever written on anger management &/or think about her past fraudulent actions.  Hope she uses the time for reflection & improvement.  (Instead of blaming her age, Tongan background, mental issues & others for her demise.) Doubtful.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 6
9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Where will she find designer shoes to throw in the water in prison?

She will  have to lose the claws and the extensions, correct? Is it too much to ask for someone with a contraband cellphone to leak a pic of her from the inside?

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, chuckity said:

I like Ronald Richards for good details ...

Good LORDY, this is embarassing - and her lawyer apparently SUCKS, if that RR account isn’t an exaggeration.  

I have readied myself to be really frustrated by the sentence - I doubt she’ll serve anywhere near the amount of time that she should.  

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, CallmeCray said:

Good LORDY, this is embarassing - and her lawyer apparently SUCKS, if that RR account isn’t an exaggeration.  

I have readied myself to be really frustrated by the sentence - I doubt she’ll serve anywhere near the amount of time that she should.  

She was sentenced to 6 1/2 years. She has to serve at minimum 85% of the sentence. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

What happens if someone doesn't make progress on restitution in a federal conviction? Are there consequences?

Well you can't get blood from a stone so there has to be money or assets available. 

In order to ensure collection, they file liens and can enforce the judgment and seize assets. They would direct employers or others paying you to direct payments to the government. You have to file income tax every year and report income and if you aren't truthful that would be a crime as well. 

The lien is enforceable for twenty years after release from prison so that effectively covers most of her life and certainly most of the time when she might be earning income.

I wonder if Coach's earnings are considered to be separate or joint assets if they are married. Normally salary is considered to be a joint asset during marriage.

• Like 3
  • Useful 7
On 12/17/2022 at 11:44 PM, Jennifersdc said:

I’m so disappointed! There goes my Jen Shah US Marshall auction dreams. What was she spending all of her stolen Granny money on then? They apparently don’t have any real assets.

Related to above - my niece (cousin’s daughter) grew up in the UAE (long story) and has been staying with us the past several months for an internship at the Embassy. She told me that all the uber rich in the UAE (she’s not one of them - but runs with that crowd - she knows a bunch of people on some Netflix reality show) have fake handbags. Says cost about $300-$500 for the really good ones and could hook me up. I declined on principle.

I just don’t get it cause these are really really really rich people. Like the kind that spend millions on a private Beyoncé concert. She gets to go to those, along with free ultra luxury vacations and Michelin star restaurants. She’s 26. When I was her age I was still cramming into the likes of the Days Inn with my friends and living it up at the Village Inn (free pie Wednesday!). My bag was probably a Ralph Lauren I got at Marshall’s or something from the Coach outlet.

Yeah, I don’t get that.  Either pay for the real ones or buy a quality bag from one of the many new designers.   Do these people even realize they’re stealing from Chanel and LV and whichever other designer they think makes them look important.  I don’t even know how LV stays relevant with everyone walking around with fake LV bags. From 10 year olds to people making minimum wage.  They are everywhere    

• Like 2

Vox has a very lengthy article on Jen’s sentencing and crimes, with the context of other RH lawbreakers. This is obviously like when they pre-author celebrity death articles and just wait to plug in the pertinent details of the death. 

Real Housewives’ star Jen Shah is sentenced to 6.5 years in prison for wire fraud
The Real Housewives’ spectacle of unearned wealth was all fun and games until Jen Shah defrauded the elderly.

Read in Vox: https://apple.news/AQpZQuyIPS6Wo5y1TiWfKNw

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

First Rinna gets fired from RHOBH and now Jen gets real jail time. My New Years good news just got better and better.
I was afraid she would get none or little time at all so I hope the almost 6 1/2 years jail time will make her a better person ( doubt it). 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Where will she find designer shoes to throw in the water in prison?

And I don’t think prisons have glass glasses, she’ll have to throw plastic cups at her fellow inmates when she gets mad. And I doubt they are going to let her pick the best prison cell either. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
26 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So she has to surrender by 2/17. That's much better than the 90 days that was first reported. 

Next month, bitch will be in prison! Good riddance!

Something tells me that on February 18th, we will find out what happened to Heather's eye.  

I think that Jen Shah is going to have a tough time in prison, depending on where she goes.  If it's a regular women's prison, the women there will be already gunning for her because of her aggressive actions on the show. 

Can Andy throw together a reality show about this?  I would so watch!!  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, amarante said:

Coach Shah made $632,199.94 in wages plus $89,387.27 in benefits for a total compensation package of $721,587.22

https://transparent.utah.gov/summary_page.php?type=ESUM&name=Shah%2CSharrieff&ent=University of Utah&titl=Associate Coach%2C Ath

It is a LOT of money to be sure but it wouldn't have supported the kind of life style that Jen was flaunting.

She has no excuse. His income can support a high end lifestyle- a nice house, cars, clothes, etc., but maybe he didn't want to accomodate her (I don't blame him). She was flaunting a lot of fake clothes, and accessories, and I don't doubt her cars were leased. 

Her husband's income should be garnished. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Something tells me that on February 18th, we will find out what happened to Heather's eye.  

I think that Jen Shah is going to have a tough time in prison, depending on where she goes.  If it's a regular women's prison, the women there will be already gunning for her because of her aggressive actions on the show. 

Can Andy throw together a reality show about this?  I would so watch!!  

The Real Women of Cell Block H.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
1 minute ago, albarino said:

Do we know where Jen his going?  I seem to have missed that detail.

For some reason, her lawyers had asked for Bryan, Texas, which I don't understand.  It could be a newer, cleaner prison?  I have no idea why.

But if that's where she ends up, I might just pop in for a visit. 

Just so I can go "naaaah naaaah"  😅

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 5
  • LOL 5
7 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

So is Andy getting his pre- and post-prison WWHL specials ready?

I doubt since she was uninvited to the reunion recently and not allowed at Bravo Con.

5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

She should have gotten the whole 10 years.  Has Andy said anything about this, or has any of the Housewives posted reactions?  

Doubt he has.  See above.

2 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

For some reason, her lawyers had asked for Bryan, Texas, which I don't understand.  It could be a newer, cleaner prison?  I have no idea why.

Maybe you can be like Whitney and have a conjugal visit.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
28 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

There are a limited number of woman's minimum security prisons in the Federal system and I think the one in Texas is the closest to Utah which means that her family would be able to visit more easily

Elizabeth Holmes who headed Theranos will be incarcerated there

Teresa was incarcerated at the Danbury facility which also housed the author of Orange Is The New Black. 

• Useful 7

Not great optics - Jen is celebrating her victory

https://pagesix.com/2023/01/06/jen-shah-celebrates-sentencing-with-lavish-dinner-party-for-20/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pagesix_news_alert&utm_content=20230106?&utm_source=sailthru&lctg=6079acd57030294703940d95&utm_term=P6 - News Alerts

Jen Shah is celebrating her shorter-than-expected prison sentence for wire fraud with a Shah-mazing dinner party in New York City, Page Six has exclusively learned.

The “Real Housewives of Salt Lake City” star, who learned her fate in a Manhattan court Friday morning, is dining and boozing with a group of 20 people at Italian hotspot Valbella at the Park in Midtown.

Page Six is told that the convicted fraudster and her posse “are all eating and drinking” on the establishment’s second floor.

Ron Richards who is an attorney who was involved with Erika Jayne's case tweets a lot of court documents regarding the housewives and just added this - I wonder if this will come back to haunt her

The Court can correct its sentence within 7 days, here were Jen Shah's attorney's last words: She then goes out on a $4,500 + dinner for 20 people in Manhattan. "The moment she steps foot as a free woman she will have one duty, ... to make the people whole who lost money." Liar!

Edited by amarante
  • Mind Blown 14
  • Sad 2
25 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Wow, she's really clueless. I can't wait to see her perp walk into prison.

Unfortunately they generally allow them to arrive anonymously in the dead of night as Tre did 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

Guess they think those poor old folks can get their $$$ back in 6.5 years.

At LEAST she's going to prison.  I don't quite understand the 90 days to show up part.  Can she get to Tonga in 90 days?

2 hours ago, amarante said:

There are a limited number of woman's minimum security prisons in the Federal system and I think the one in Texas is the closest to Utah which means that her family would be able to visit more easily

Elizabeth Holmes who headed Theranos will be incarcerated there

Teresa was incarcerated at the Danbury facility which also housed the author of Orange Is The New Black. 

Well, shit!  Bryan is 2 hours away from me!  Not that I would go there but at least I can drive by and say to myself: Na Na Na Na Na Na Buh bye!

I'll meet you there Starlight 925!!

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 6
7 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Extremely disappointing sentence. She will serve less, and I doubt she will pay adequate restitution.

She claims she is elderly at 49?

She also claims to be the family matriarch, even though her mom is still around.  Apparently (according to her letter to the judge) in her culture, the eldest daughter is responsible for all the kids.  And she has to follow the culture.  The culture also says she should be respectful, humble and honest, but apparently those are less important than the other rules.

Shes full of shit!  She’s looking for excuses and wants to blame everyone but herself.

I said this before but from the letters written for the judge for her defense, it appears she was the family ATM.  And they all worshipped her for it.  Seems she was paying everyone’s bills and giving money to this person and that.  But it’s easy to give away money WHEN IT IS STOLEN!  It is NOT YOURS TO GIVE!

5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

She has no excuse. His income can support a high end lifestyle- a nice house, cars, clothes, etc., but maybe he didn't want to accomodate her (I don't blame him). She was flaunting a lot of fake clothes, and accessories, and I don't doubt her cars were leased. 

Her husband's income should be garnished. 

She wouldn’t have the life that people envy.  That’s all she cares about.  

I hope he does have to work to pay her debts.  He tried to help her lie, and gave Stuart tips to lie to get out of trouble when the feds came.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
8 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

First Rinna gets fired from RHOBH and now Jen gets real jail time. My New Years good news just got better and better.

I had not heard the news about Rinna! You've made my day! 😘

Cheers everyone! 🥳🍾🥂💃

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, amarante said:

Elizabeth Holmes who headed Theranos will be incarcerated there.

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 7.45.37 AM.png

She asked for Bryan, Texas so she can do a drug program?  This is the first I'm hearing of her need for a drug program.

Her biggest drug is hair extensions & fake bags.

Either way, thank you @amarante for this explanation.  I mapped her prison.  Funny, I just drove by it the other day without realizing it! 

I'll visit her & Ms. Holmes together.  What a pair of grifting, lying losers.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
52 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 7.45.37 AM.png

She asked for Bryan, Texas so she can do a drug program?  This is the first I'm hearing of her need for a drug program.

Her biggest drug is hair extensions & fake bags.

Either way, thank you @amarante for this explanation.  I mapped her prison.  Funny, I just drove by it the other day without realizing it! 

I'll visit her & Ms. Holmes together.  What a pair of grifting, lying losers.

I suspect this is a standard ploy by her attorneys to get sentence lowered.

As I recall Joe Giudice also petitioned for this program.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, amarante said:

They use all the tricks. The Guidice sentences were low, as well. And except for some credit card debt I don’t remember if they paid any restitution.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ZettaK said:

They use all the tricks. The Guidice sentences were low, as well. And except for some credit card debt I don’t remember if they paid any restitution.

I don't recall either - but the charges against Jen Shah & the Guidices were quite different.  The charges against Shah involved swindling elderly victims, that is, coercing others to buy into a fraudulent scheme to their financial detriment - quite different than the charges against the Guidices where the fraud was, in essence, signing false docs & not declaring/paying taxes & debts.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
On 1/7/2023 at 9:40 AM, amarante said:

This is nothing outlandish on her part. Very common actually. I knew of someone in NJ whose attorney asked for Danbury for that reason. As are all low/minimum risk camps. The inmates don’t f*ck around in them because there are no chances, if you screw up they bump you up to more security where you have less freedom. She’s basically going to a really bad college dorm lifestyle where she’ll spend her days working (sometimes off site), and the rest of her time in drug classes so she can earn time to get out sooner. Oh and time writing her “book” I’m sure. If I’m not mistaken towards the end they could also bump off more time out of prison and into a halfway house. I’d be shocked if she did even 3 years inside.  We used to visit someone who was in Ft Dix. Sat at picnic tables outside, often time brought them food from home. I mean it’s still jail, but if I had to go, that’s the way I’d do it. 

For restitution they’ll take a % of money she earns while working in there as well as any money she has on her account (unless that’s changed). So I’m sure Coach won’t be loading her up every month. Afterwards they again just garnish her wages. I was a victim of an embezzlement scheme and every few months I get a check for around $7. The guy had restitution of millions, and we all get $7 a month till we eventually die I guess. His wife’s income doesn’t count FYI. 

Edited by hottesthw
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1