Type keyword(s) to search

Jen: Don't call me Aggressive or I'll bash your Fkng Head In

• Start Topic

On 12/19/2021 at 7:45 AM, nexxie said:

Jen would probably start with the poor-me thing on the stand, but suddenly shift into shrieking head-spinning outrage when she understands that people aren’t buying the tears.

"You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order! They're out of order!" 

I hope she does Al Pacino proud.......

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, bosawks said:

"You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order! They're out of order!" 

I hope she does Al Pacino proud.......

I’m looking forward to the, “You want the truth?! You can’t handle the truth!” revelation.

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

• LOL 6

Given all of Jen’s travails with her arrest and alleged misconduct, will there be a separate thread that specifically talks about her case, kind of like Erika’s on BH?  Maybe some legal eagles on the boards that could help understand what’s happening?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/29/2021 at 7:49 PM, amarante said:

Just to be clear no one except her aunt claimed that Jen was innocent. In fact most of the commentary from lawyers was that the SDNY doesn't joke around and that if you are indicted. you are guilty because they have done their homework which is why more than 90% of the defendants take a plea. 

Yep! I haven’t watched the Hulu doc (yet), but this is very true, and not only in federal or white collar criminal cases.

For 20 years, I’ve lived and worked as an appellate criminal defense attorney in the second largest county in the country which includes a major, populous city nearly always in the national news for its so-called “out of control” violent crime, and even 86% of our cases are disposed of by guilty pleas.

And this is in state court where the vast majority of cases are not white collar, as opposed to the SDNY, where certainly the assistant U.S. Attorneys are more competent and diligent in bringing airtight cases.

While I won’t go so far as to say the guilty plea rate necessarily is indicative of actual guilt (for example, there are a myriad of defendants who plead guilty for the purpose of bonding out rather than sitting in the county jail for up to five years before they even go to trial. (I’m not even kidding). In many cases, they’d rather be out even if they’ll have a felony conviction (or another felony conviction) on their record, despite their protestations of innocence.

That being said, based on the cases I’ve had over the last 20 years, my anecdotal experience/personal-but-educated-opinion is that most people who are indicted are in fact guilty. 

But that doesn’t matter to me, nor does it hamper me from doing my job. I mean, don’t get me wrong, my favorite way to win on appeal absolutely is on a reasonable doubt issue. But it’s just as important to me to get relief on 4th, 5th, and 6th amendment violations. And, to a lesser extent, 1st and 2nd amendment violations. My particular state’s constitution extends more rights to defendants than the federal constitution’s 8th amendment prohibition of cruel and usual punishment,  so I almost never raise 8th amendment claims but I definitely love to win a remand for resentencing too, but it’s just under my state constitution’s proportional penalties clause.  

(I sincerely apologize if this post is rambling and makes no sense. I took a Xanax when I started writing it, which hit me quickly, and now, more than an hour later, I’m unclear of what my original point was. 🤷🏻‍♀️).

Lastly, and unrelated to what I wrote above, is the Ronald Richard tweeting about Jen’s case the same Ronald Richard who was all over Erica of RHOBH? 

Edited by SimonSeymour
Xanax
  • Useful 7
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

There is a minute left in the Rose Bowl with a tied score of 45-45- Ohio State against Utah.

I bet even that is less stressful for Coach Shah than is living with Jen.

Hey, a guy on Coach Shah's special teams squad ran a kickoff back 97 yards for a touchdown. Sadly, they lost on a last second field goal. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Hey, a guy on Coach Shah's special teams squad ran a kickoff back 97 yards for a touchdown. Sadly, they lost on a last second field goal. 

When I saw Coach Shah I started telling my husband about when Homeland Security  and the NYPD were swarming their van with none of them noticing. Hubby just looked stunned so now I need to find that segment to show him.

I had him watch when Porsha thought the Underground Railroad was a real railroad and the dinner party at Kyle’s where Denise’s  husband was launching into his take on cancer and stoned Mauricio was trying really hard to follow it.

Edited by Stats Queen
To clear up that I didn’t actually have Coach Shah trapped in my house.
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

When I saw Coach Shah I started telling him about when Homeland Security  and the NYPD were swarming their van with none of them noticing. He just looked stunned so now I need to find that segment to show him.

I had him watch when Porsha thought the Underground Railroad was a real railroad and the dinner party at Kyle’s where Denise’s  husband was launching into his take on cancer and stoned Mauricio was trying really hard to follow it.

I guess I missed how you had this up close and personal moment with Coach Shah, It is cool that you used that time to show him the crazy from other HW shows plus the moment it all went down on SLC!  I could never be that cool and calm to organize my thoughts to have a productive fan out, what was his reaction to all that?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

When I saw Coach Shah I started telling him about when Homeland Security  and the NYPD were swarming their van with none of them noticing. He just looked stunned so now I need to find that segment to show him.

Oh my, Stats Queen, did you pull an Annie Wilkes (from Misery) and have Coach Shah trapped in your house? Do we need to send a rescue squad for him?

..actually, on second thought, he'll probably feel much more comfortable, and less anxious there with you than with Jen, so carry on.

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Oh my, Stats Queen, did you pull an Annie Wilkes (from Misery) and have Coach Shah trapped in your house? Do we need to send a rescue squad for him?

..actually, on second thought, he'll probably feel much more comfortable, and less anxious there with you than with Jen, so carry on.

Maybe I should correct my error

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

When I saw Coach Shah I started telling my husband about when Homeland Security  and the NYPD were swarming their van with none of them noticing. Hubby just looked stunned so now I need to find that segment to show him.

I am sort of bummed the Coach is not locked in your basement, lol.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am sort of bummed the Coach is not locked in your basement, lol.

Yeah! Could we make it happen? Although, I guess there's no need for that anymore since the Missus is going down.

• LOL 4
On 12/25/2021 at 3:11 PM, SimonSeymour said:

Yep! I haven’t watched the Hulu doc (yet), but this is very true, and not only in federal or white collar criminal cases.

For 20 years, I’ve lived and worked as an appellate criminal defense attorney in the second largest county in the country which includes a major, populous city nearly always in the national news for its so-called “out of control” violent crime, and even 86% of our cases are disposed of by guilty pleas.

And this is in state court where the vast majority of cases are not white collar, as opposed to the SDNY, where certainly the assistant U.S. Attorneys are more competent and diligent in bringing airtight cases.

While I won’t go so far as to say the guilty plea rate necessarily is indicative of actual guilt (for example, there are a myriad of defendants who plead guilty for the purpose of bonding out rather than sitting in the county jail for up to five years before they even go to trial. (I’m not even kidding). In many cases, they’d rather be out even if they’ll have a felony conviction (or another felony conviction) on their record, despite their protestations of innocence.

That being said, based on the cases I’ve had over the last 20 years, my anecdotal experience/personal-but-educated-opinion is that most people who are indicted are in fact guilty. 

But that doesn’t matter to me, nor does it hamper me from doing my job. I mean, don’t get me wrong, my favorite way to win on appeal absolutely is on a reasonable doubt issue. But it’s just as important to me to get relief on 4th, 5th, and 6th amendment violations. And, to a lesser extent, 1st and 2nd amendment violations. My particular state’s constitution extends more rights to defendants than the federal constitution’s 8th amendment prohibition of cruel and usual punishment,  so I almost never raise 8th amendment claims but I definitely love to win a remand for resentencing too, but it’s just under my state constitution’s proportional penalties clause.  

(I sincerely apologize if this post is rambling and makes no sense. I took a Xanax when I started writing it, which hit me quickly, and now, more than an hour later, I’m unclear of what my original point was. 🤷🏻‍♀️).

Lastly, and unrelated to what I wrote above, is the Ronald Richard tweeting about Jen’s case the same Ronald Richard who was all over Erica of RHOBH? 

Yes - it’s the same Ronald Richards. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Thank you for posting this! I can't read much of Twitter because it wants me to make an account.

What is she doing?! I can't see what her endgame is here. There's no way in heck she's going to be found innocent if all her underlings have changed to a guilty plea, right? 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Thank you for posting this! I can't read much of Twitter because it wants me to make an account.

What is she doing?! I can't see what her endgame is here. There's no way in heck she's going to be found innocent if all her underlings have changed to a guilty plea, right? 

She’s screwed 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, nexxie said:

Jen doesn’t want clips from the show to be used in the trial - but, as in Erika Girardi’s case, it seems more likely that even unseen footage will be fair game.

https://pagesix.com/2022/02/17/jen-shah-files-request-to-exclude-rhoslc-clips-from-fraud-trial/

Shah’s attorney then went on to argue that the clips from the Bravo franchise “do not have any of the indicia of reliability” and are “highly edited and crafted through post-production.”

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. A reality show is not real?

I'm watching once in a while because every episode is pretty much like the one before it: uncomfortable forced get-togethers followed by screeching from one/many of  the wives.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

Shah’s attorney then went on to argue that the clips from the Bravo franchise “do not have any of the indicia of reliability” and are “highly edited and crafted through post-production.”

I'm watching once in a while because every episode is pretty much like the one before it: uncomfortable forced get-togethers followed by screeching from one/many of  the wives.

Keep trying, Shah! If the court asks for the unedited footage, that's you in all your glory, girl! Her attorneys don't sound all that great, imo.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Keep trying, Shah! If the court asks for the unedited footage, that's you in all your glory, girl! Her attorneys don't sound all that great, imo.

The attorneys might be conning the con - making sure they drag it out to log every hour they can.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

LOL! It sounds like they're trying to claim that Bravo used CGI to fill her empty closet and decorate her home. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 2/21/2022 at 9:02 AM, SweetieDarling said:

LOL! It sounds like they're trying to claim that Bravo used CGI to fill her empty closet and decorate her home. 

Good for BRAVO they really nailed her look....

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/3/2022 at 9:13 AM, MaggieG said:

Jenn's trial has been postponed to July 11 of this year. 

Delay. Delay. Delay. The most common tactic used by white collar criminals.

Justice delayed is justice denied.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 3/3/2022 at 6:13 AM, MaggieG said:

Jenn's trial has been postponed to July 11 of this year. 

Oh joy, that means she'll be available to film this season. Not what I was expecting. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 3

Apple TV had a documentary streaming this weekend on Eric Conn who ran a fraudulent scheme in cahoots with a judge in connection with Social Security disability - it's quite good if one has an interest (The Big Conn).

I thought of Jen Shah because the defendants were given the option to plead. The doctor was offered a relatively short sentence (e.g. about five years) and was told if he was convicted at trial he would be probably be sentenced to 25 years - which he was.

Conn - the lawyer - was a bit more complicated because he had welched on a plea deal so he was also given the maximum - 27 years.

Similar white collar financial crimes although the fraud in the Conn case was against the US government whereas Shad has defrauded individuals. On the other hand proof of fraud in the Conn case did depend somewhat on testimony of individuals whereas my understanding of the Shad situation is that there is a paper trail that only requires testimony so that it makes "sense" to the jurors.

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, chuckity said:

Just watched the 2-part Jen Shah interview on Up and Adam.

General gist of it:   Jen was only accused because she is a woman of color.

However, her white partner was also accused but cut a deal. Sorry Jen, try again.

Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

Oops!

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Fire 1
  • Love 4

Is anyone take the over/under bets when this bitch is going to take a plea or really go to trial?

I was curious and took a little lap around Reddit and there is a real estate lawyer that downloaded and read all the docs from PACER’s. I was never able to find anything but that pretty vague indictment.

They have her pretty cold. They’re able to tie the numerous companies and most importantly, the money back to her. They even found debit cards and checks in one of one of the fraud companies names when they raided her house.

Does she somehow think she really has a chance to convince a judge or jury that what she did was legal? It isn’t.

• Useful 6

I was 100% sure Teresa Giudice was going to take a plea. Even she’s not that stupid. I’m not so sure about this loon. It would be completely insane for her not to plea.

As mentioned several times above SDNY does not play. Her sentence could easily be doubled when she gets convicted if she takes this nonsense to trial.

BTW - don’t watch the show. Tried but only did first season. They just weren’t interesting to me (Homeland Security raid notwithstanding). I also had a problem keeping all the white women straight (and I’m white).

• Useful 1

https://pagesix.com/2022/07/07/heather-gay-meredith-marks-join-jen-shah-in-nyc-for-upcoming-trial/amp/

Did the paste work?

They’re really classless, and tasteless for that matter. But then again I’m the girl (actually middle-aged woman), who cared enough to find it. I knew from posts above trial is coming up. 

She’s actually going to do this. I’m going to exchange popcorn for champagne  and edibles. Anybody in?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I think Heather and Meredith are there for the Bravo cameras. I speculated earlier that Bravo will film everything except inside the courtroom. Plenty of opportunities for Jen to play the victim for next season.

Heather and Meredith will do anything for camera time and Bravo paychecks.

• Applause 1
11 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

https://pagesix.com/2022/07/07/heather-gay-meredith-marks-join-jen-shah-in-nyc-for-upcoming-trial/amp/

Did the paste work?

They’re really classless, and tasteless for that matter. But then again I’m the girl (actually middle-aged woman), who cared enough to find it. I knew from posts above trial is coming up. 

She’s actually going to do this. I’m going to exchange popcorn for champagne  and edibles. Anybody in?

I'm in! But I'm bringing popcorn. Think I have enough or should I get more?

CBC63A57-B7D2-4C92-A25F-6F2DFC384063.gif.5fc438a67ecb36a3eeba6e6451b68430.gif

I can't wrap my head around her going through with a trial! This can't be the smart way to go.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Wow. They must really hate her. So her BS that “I’m fighting for all the little people that can’t” really is just BS.

No way SDNY would take this to trial unless they knew there was no way they’re going to lose.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

Wow. They must really hate her. So her BS that “I’m fighting for all the little people that can’t” really is just BS.

No way SDNY would take this to trial unless they knew there was no way they’re going to lose.

Her excuse of why they are doing this to HER keeps shifting.. it’s because she’s a woman.. then it’s because of her race … then it’s a combination of both then it shifts to being a scapegoat then back to the woman thing wash and repeat.

No it’s because you ran a company designed to scam people … you arnt the little guy …. You are the predator that preys on the little guy … 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Will this be a jury trial? I bet Jen thinks she can appeal to some of the jurors.

Can you imagine? In my mind, I am seeing her acting soft-spoken and shy, until a juror frowns or coughs, and then she climbs up in the rail and gets all up in their face, with her long fingernail pointing at them, all while screeching obscenities and telling them how stupid they are.

On a serious note: the fact that she wasn't offered a deal is pretty bad for her, no? Since all of her underlings already turned and pleaded, I guess there was nothing left to offer her, but it sounds like they believe she was the top dog of the operation and is going to get the book thrown at her.

I would be seriously shaking in my shoes and not taking SM pics with my coworkers. Is Bravo filming their time before the trial starts? The Page Six article Jennifersdc linked mentions cameras following them and snaps of them doing promotions together, and pics of Jen all decked out in costly designer duds and handbags. She really doesn't get it, does she?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Can you imagine? In my mind, I am seeing her acting soft-spoken and shy, until a juror frowns or coughs, and then she climbs up in the rail and gets all up in their face, with her long fingernail pointing at them, all while screeching obscenities and telling them how stupid they are.

On a serious note: the fact that she wasn't offered a deal is pretty bad for her, no? Since all of her underlings already turned and pleaded, I guess there was nothing left to offer her, but it sounds like they believe she was the top dog of the operation and is going to get the book thrown at her.

I would be seriously shaking in my shoes and not taking SM pics with my coworkers. Is Bravo filming their time before the trial starts? The Page Six article Jennifersdc linked mentions cameras following them and snaps of them doing promotions together, and pics of Jen all decked out in costly designer duds and handbags. She really doesn't get it, does she?

No. She doesn’t get it. What I’m seriously considering getting is one of her handbags when the US Marshall’s come to take her shit after she’s convicted and auction it off. That could be fun.

I’m pretty sure they took lots and lots of photos of her closet when they raided her house so she probably can’t hide it in one of her lackey’s garage.

• Wink 2

Well damn. I wonder if her lawyers realized a jury trial would not work in her favor since everyone took deals and were all testifying against her. So much for all her "I was targeted for being a WOC!" and "I'm completely innocent!". I wonder if she's hoping for a lighter sentence since she's pleading guilty.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2