Type keyword(s) to search

Braunwyn Windham-Burke: Look At Me! I'm Edgy!

• Start Topic

Gina looks like shit, but it is nice to see women that aren't stick figures on this show.  

I also think Braunie's alcoholism story is pure fiction.  Last month, her daughter types "Fuck You Mom" on her instagram account, now she's an alcoholic.  I think her family with their 8000 sq. foot house needs the income from this show.

Also, her taste is so tacky.  That home is 8000 sq. feet of ugly.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I was going to put this in Braunwyn's thread, but it seems that she doesn't have one? She obviously didn't make enough of an impression - either positive or negative - for someone to be bothered to start one last year. Or I am just not seeing it, but I did look a couple of times. 

In any case Brauny was on Entertainment Tonight last night to once again show off her 8,000 sq ft house. Still not seeing it - my house is half that size and looks pretty much the same size wise except we have a triple garage. The positive aspect of her house is that she could borrow a cup of sugar from the neighbour without either having to leave their houses. 

Brauny shared that she and Shawn are not currently living together and it is a fabulous thing for their marriage. She continues to see women in their open marriage, no men. In addition she does not know if she will be returning next season as she is not speaking to any of the other housewives now. 

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree - Brauny is just as thirsty for attention as mother Deb. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Useful 9
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I was going to put this in Braunwyn's thread, but it seems that she doesn't have one? She obviously didn't make enough of an impression - either positive or negative - for someone to be bothered to start one last year. Or I am just not seeing it, but I did look a couple of times. 

In any case Brauny was on Entertainment Tonight last night to once again show off her 8,000 sq ft house. Still not seeing it - my house is half that size and looks pretty much the same size wise except we have a triple garage. The positive aspect of her house is that she could borrow a cup of sugar from the neighbour without either having to leave their houses. 

Brauny shared that she and Shawn are not currently living together and it is a fabulous thing for their marriage. She continues to see women in their open marriage, no men. In addition she does not know if she will be returning next season as she is not speaking to any of the other housewives now. 

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree - Brauny is just as thirsty for attention as mother Deb. 

Oh such a surprise, a HW marriage going sideways.  Do we know if they actually bought that house or renting?  I have never known people that move as frequently as these HW's but dollars to donuts that 8,000 sq. ft. house will not be her home next year.  

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Oh such a surprise, a HW marriage going sideways.  Do we know if they actually bought that house or renting?  I have never known people that move as frequently as these HW's but dollars to donuts that 8,000 sq. ft. house will not be her home next year.  

That is why I find Brauny the most inauthentic of the howives I have watched over the years. And that is a pretty high bar to clear. She is portraying the fact that she and Shawn are not living together as something that is fantastic for their marriage, and making their relationship so hot. Sure Brauny. I can see why her declaration of alcoholism would be questioned by some. If she is, I do not think she is admitting it for any other reason other than for attention. She is like a toddler - doesn't matter if she is getting positive or negative attention - as long as she is getting attention. 

Regarding whether she is renting or bought, she did bring up her real estate agent. But we also know from Million Dollar Listing LA that real estate agents are used there for rentals as well. Not sure if she actually said that they bought it? Mind you Dorito and PK on BH move pretty much every year, and I don't think any of their houses are actually owned by them, as much as they let on that they are. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

That is why I find Brauny the most inauthentic of the howives I have watched over the years. And that is a pretty high bar to clear. She is portraying the fact that she and Shawn are not living together as something that is fantastic for their marriage, and making their relationship so hot. Sure Brauny. I can see why her declaration of alcoholism would be questioned by some. If she is, I do not think she is admitting it for any other reason other than for attention. She is like a toddler - doesn't matter if she is getting positive or negative attention, - as long as she is getting attention. 

Regarding whether she is renting or bought, she did bring up her real estate agent. But we also know from Million Dollar Listing LA that real estate agents are used there for rentals as well. Not sure if she actually said that they bought it? Mind you Dorito and PK on BH move pretty much every year, and I don't think any of their houses are actually owned by them, as much as they let on that they are. 

Yup, Brawny never really used the word "bought," she said that they signed papers as soon as they saw it, if they bought it maybe she would have taken down the neon, lol.  

I called it with PK and Dorito, I knew the second she was obsessing over the bushes she would be moving the minute she finished opening up her house warming gifts...and they have or will be.

HW's are single handedly keeping movers in business.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

So how does that deal work? If she agrees to only see women, does he only see men?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yup, Brawny never really used the word bought

4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I called it with PK and Dorito

You left out Tamra Waddle-Veith-Barney-Judge and all of her house buying/selling/moving.

• Love 9

I really don’t think Braunwyn is faking alcoholism for a storyline. I remember thinking she had an issue with alcohol when I listened to “The Golden Crappies“—a silly/funny award show that the guys who host the Watch What Crappens podcast host. Braunwyn was there and she was absolutely and completely wasted. Like, not fun drunk—blackout drunk. So yeah, if she says she’s an alcoholic I believe her. And she also says she’s 258 days sober as of yesterday. So whatever way she’s dealing with it seems to be working so far! 

22 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I think Braunwyn is full of shit. If I am wrong then good for her for admitting the problem, but we did not even see an inking of that last season. 

I believe we did. She was plenty drunk plenty of times. 

13 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Are we really debating if someone is an alcoholic when they tell you that they are? (i totally get it if she was saying NO I'm NOT an alcoholic after saying she hides booze around the house hides her drinking and drinks to stop shaking we would be saying Yes lady you are) That’s not something someone would just think hey let me go on a national television show and say... no one wants to suffer or be seen as suffering from alcoholism. It’s not a good thing ......and no one wants to have the stigma of that attached to their name .... it’s not something cool to be.... given her past especially with her nutso mother I can honestly see her using alcohol has a buffer and that manifested itself into alcoholism... Again I trust the woman when she says I am an alcoholic that's not something you just throw out like its no big deal  ( there are thousands of functioning alcoholics out there that you would never know they had an issue unless you lived with them) over and edited version of her life that didn't show her hiding the booze or showing us just how fucked up she really got all the time that producers chose not to show (and this year alone we have seen how producers on these housewife shows manipulated situations) ... just putting in my 2cents 

Seriously! We give Dorinda on NY shit for NOT admitting she has a problem with alcohol, now we’re judging people who say they do?? That’s cray. IMO. 

9 hours ago, albarino said:

My opinion only, if you can stop drinking for a year at a time, you aren't an alcoholic.  Alcoholics can't stop drinking and have babies with FAS.  Acting out once you're drunk (ala Luanne) is a problem.  Once again, my opinion only.

Ok but not everyone is the same type of alcoholic. There isn’t one clear-cut definition. 

2 hours ago, ladle said:

I'm not a clinician, but I believe Kim from RHBH is an alcoholic, and her kids seem healthy.  (She's also an asshole, but that's not a clinical diagnosis.)  Again, not my area of expertise, but I believe alcoholism can manifest in multiple ways?  Maybe Brawny has an addictive personality, and having children is one of her addictions -- it satiates her and helps her fill that void even if she's not drinking.  

Agreed (especially with your non-professional opinion about Kim R!). I thought Braunwyn was implying—or perhaps I just inferred—that she was purposefully having babies in order to stop drinking. If not permanently, at least for a period of time to give her body a break. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

We've all seen it from watching any of these HoWives franchises...drinking alcohol is mandatory.

If BW really is serious about sobriety, then she will quit the show. It is NOT conducive to sobriety and she knows it. But it's her storyline. What a shame and an insult to all people struggling with sobriety. 

• Love 5

https://www.glamour.com/story/getting-sober-on-bravo

From the article:

I’ve never had a healthy relationship with alcohol, from the first sip I took at 14. When I drank, I drank until I blacked out or got sick. But I never drank when I was pregnant or nursing—and in many ways, I think that probably saved my life. I went to a meeting when I lived in Miami, but instead of sticking to a program, I just got pregnant. I have seven kids, so that’s a huge chunk of my life that I was sober—or I should say, not drinking. Now I realize there’s a difference between not drinking and being sober, for me.

When I say I’m getting sober, I mean that I’m taking the time to be still and think about why I drank so much. For me, it’s insecurity, it’s anxiety, it’s that I’m uncomfortable in my skin. I’m working on understanding why I have those feelings and finding a healthy way to deal with them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Lort.  Wonder how those 7 kids feel about being the reason their Mom didn't drink?  What, now that she's done with the having babies, she's gonna have to face her drinking issue? Kind of a weird way to stay sober.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

We've all seen it from watching any of these HoWives franchises...drinking alcohol is mandatory.

If BW really is serious about sobriety, then she will quit the show. It is NOT conducive to sobriety and she knows it. But it's her storyline. What a shame and an insult to all people struggling with sobriety. 

Untrue. There are other wives who don’t drink. Kandi on Atlanta comes to mind. Marge on New Jersey rarely drinks. I don’t think Delores drinks much either. 

If she’s 258 days sober, then she stayed sober while filming this current season. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Untrue. There are other wives who don’t drink. Kandi on Atlanta comes to mind. Marge on New Jersey rarely drinks. I don’t think Delores drinks much either. 

Thanks for correcting me. I was referring to the HoWives franchises that I watch...not all of them. 

On 10/17/2020 at 1:02 AM, snarts said:

I am.  I think it's entirely bullshit and her chosen storyline for the show, which is likely why her mother didn't play along. I'm just not buying it. If people have faked cancer for the show, they can fake alcoholism. It's my opinion and not trying to debate anyone on it not do I think my opinion affects poor Braunwyn & her recovery.

Read this : https://www.glamour.com/story/getting-sober-on-bravo

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

RHOC’s Braunwyn Windham-Burke Says Husband Sean Is Not Living With Her

https://apple.news/AAUynGqiWRX2BCd0wEgHEOw

And this is interesting too:

“Braunwyn then spoke about the season premiere of RHOC, in which she admitted that she is a recovering alcoholic. “Today I am 256 days sober,” she said earlier this week. “What I went through eight, nine months ago, I’ve already dealt with that. I’m already on to new dramas, new disasters.”

The star also said she’s not sure if she’ll be back next season because “currently I’m not speaking to anyone on my cast.” She added, “I think when you go through a change like this, it’s uncomfortable for people.””

Must be quite a season!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, nexxie said:

And this is interesting too:

“Braunwyn then spoke about the season premiere of RHOC, in which she admitted that she is a recovering alcoholic. “Today I am 256 days sober,” she said earlier this week. “What I went through eight, nine months ago, I’ve already dealt with that. I’m already on to new dramas, new disasters.”

The star also said she’s not sure if she’ll be back next season because “currently I’m not speaking to anyone on my cast.” She added, “I think when you go through a change like this, it’s uncomfortable for people.””

Must be quite a season!

Perhaps Braunwyn should have heeded Vicki's words to tone it down.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/16/2020 at 7:57 PM, Duke2801 said:

I really don’t think Braunwyn is faking alcoholism for a storyline. I remember thinking she had an issue with alcohol when I listened to “The Golden Crappies“—a silly/funny award show that the guys who host the Watch What Crappens podcast host. Braunwyn was there and she was absolutely and completely wasted. Like, not fun drunk—blackout drunk. So yeah, if she says she’s an alcoholic I believe her. And she also says she’s 258 days sober as of yesterday. So whatever way she’s dealing with it seems to be working so far! 

I believe we did. She was plenty drunk plenty of times. 

Seriously! We give Dorinda on NY shit for NOT admitting she has a problem with alcohol, now we’re judging people who say they do?? That’s cray. IMO. 

Ok but not everyone is the same type of alcoholic. There isn’t one clear-cut definition. 

Agreed (especially with your non-professional opinion about Kim R!). I thought Braunwyn was implying—or perhaps I just inferred—that she was purposefully having babies in order to stop drinking. If not permanently, at least for a period of time to give her body a break. 

Yup. Even doctors leave it to the person to declare they are an alcoholic. There are all kinds of drunks out there. You don't have to be a low bottomed drunk to be alcoholic. I managed to white knuckle sobriety for a year while pregnant and nursing. I agree she's an attention seaker, but AA ain't for sissies. She's earned her chips.

She's so awful though. I just watched the scene where she is dismissive of Gia's condo, which is rich coming from a woman who lives off of her husband's money and now what she gets being a howife. What an awful person. I can see why she ended up alienating the entire cast.

• Love 15
On 10/20/2020 at 1:48 PM, endure said:

I saw on her instagram she is over a year sober now, I also read that none of the other housewives have anything to do with her.   She and her husband are apparently not living together,  but they have a bizarre relationship.  Some of her kids are pretty different too....she's too crazy for me.

That doesn't add up, in the article she said she quit drinking after Rick's birthday in January.  

She is obviously trying to white-knuckle her way through the early days of recovery on her own.  I can FEEL her anxiety through the tv.  I have been there, not with alcohol, but early recovery is awful and you really are an emotionally fragile mess.  I would never be able to film a tv show newly sober.  It is hard enough to do it without a camera in your face.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, RealityTV said:

After admitting to being an alcoholic, Braunwyn is opening up about Sean enabling her habits and the impact of sobriety on their marriage

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/reality-tv/braunwyn-windham-burke-says-husband-sean-is-an-enabler-getting-sober-has-been-hard-on-rhoc-stars-marriage/

Really interesting - they’ll have to redefine and rebuild their relationship. I wonder if her drinking gave him permission (at least in his mind) to do his own illicit things.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

That doesn't add up, in the article she said she quit drinking after Rick's birthday in January.  

She is obviously trying to white-knuckle her way through the early days of recovery on her own.  I can FEEL her anxiety through the tv.  I have been there, not with alcohol, but early recovery is awful and you really are an emotionally fragile mess.  I would never be able to film a tv show newly sober.  It is hard enough to do it without a camera in your face.

January makes sense. On last night's episode, said on exposition to have been shot in early February, she said she'd been sober for 14 days.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

January makes sense. On last night's episode, said on exposition to have been shot in early February, she said she'd been sober for 14 days.

I was responding to @endure who said she posted on Instagram that she has been sober a year.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 1

The way she deflected talking about Gina's place by blaming Shannon..I could see she was being a dry alcoholic (not drinking, but doing the behaviors).

There is a reason why Ala-non was founded...because spouses also enable the behaviors of the alcoholic.

I am curious why none of the women are speaking to her.  All I read is Emily saying Braunwyn did something at the finale party that made her cut ties.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I was responding to @endure who said she posted on Instagram that she has been sober a year.

I must be going crazy, after reading your post I went back to look for her post and couldn’t find it but can’t for the life of me recall who it was claiming their one year sobriety.  Going through her posts i did see a post on Oct 15 where she said it’s been 258 days one day at a time....my sincere apologies for this

• Love 2
On 10/20/2020 at 11:48 AM, endure said:

I saw on her instagram she is over a year sober now, I also read that none of the other housewives have anything to do with her.   She and her husband are apparently not living together,  but they have a bizarre relationship.  Some of her kids are pretty different too....she's too crazy for me.

I reported this in error, it must have been someone else i saw on instagram who was celebrating their one year sober, as of Oct 15 she posted it has been 258 days since she quit drinking.....my apologies for this mistake.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, endure said:

I must be going crazy, after reading your post I went back to look for her post and couldn’t find it but can’t for the life of me recall who it was claiming their one year sobriety.  Going through her posts i did see a post on Oct 15 where she said it’s been 258 days one day at a time....my sincere apologies for this

If I saw 258 days, I would probably glance at it and mis-read it as a year too 🤣

And I actually thought I saw her post that he has been sober for a year, too, but I can't remember where - maybe she did post that, and has since taken it down?

She does a lot for show.  

Also, the more I think about it, how crazy that when she and Sean were going through issues years ago, both of them dating other people, etc. that she picked up ALL HER KIDS and moved them to Hawaii??? 

Have we not discussed how crazy that must have been for all of the kids?  I mean, truthfully, I would love to pick up and move to Hawaii, but imagine your parents are separated and seeing other people, then you are moved away from all of your friends... just so your mom can put the screws to your dad... who then quits his job, where he is apparently successful and able to pay for all of the mouths to feed, and he becomes a stay-at-home dad?  THEN your parents kiss and make up and move back to CA, only to then be thrust onto a reality show.  She is not as awful as HER mother, but I don't think she is kidding when she says "here's to bad choices!"

• Love 6

For those of us wondering what Sean does to make all that money:

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/what-does-braunwyn-windham-burkes-husband-sean-do-for-a-living

“Do you want to clear up exactly how you make your money?” Andy asked. 

“No. I mean, Sean makes it. I spend it,” Braunwyn said before offering up an explanation as to what her husband does for a living. “But... he’s in technology? Stuff? Like, I really don’t know. I got this, I got this. He does high… scale infrastructure, infrastructure for state, local, and federal governments.” 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, nexxie said:

For those of us wondering what Sean does to make all that money:

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/what-does-braunwyn-windham-burkes-husband-sean-do-for-a-living

“Do you want to clear up exactly how you make your money?” Andy asked. 

“No. I mean, Sean makes it. I spend it,” Braunwyn said before offering up an explanation as to what her husband does for a living. “But... he’s in technology? Stuff? Like, I really don’t know. I got this, I got this. He does high… scale infrastructure, infrastructure for state, local, and federal governments.” 

Um, yeah, I saw her on WWHL when that was asked of her.

After stammering, she still couldn't come up with a viable explanation.  You've had 29 kids with this guy, you've been married for decades, yet you still have no idea where the money comes from?  Oh, I get it....you don't want to tell us.  Gotcha.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Um, yeah, I saw her on WWHL when that was asked of her.

After stammering, she still couldn't come up with a viable explanation.  You've had 29 kids with this guy, you've been married for decades, yet you still have no idea where the money comes from?  Oh, I get it....you don't want to tell us.  Gotcha.

I could see B not knowing quite how to explain what he does (a lot of tech and engineering jobs are hard to describe) - but you may be right that they want to keep his business away from this show, especially with gov’t contracts.

• Love 5
On 10/23/2020 at 7:15 AM, heatherchandler said:

Also, the more I think about it, how crazy that when she and Sean were going through issues years ago, both of them dating other people, etc. that she picked up ALL HER KIDS and moved them to Hawaii??? 

From her interviews (and the ages of her kids), I'm under the impression that at the time of their first separation they only had 3 kids and the other 500 were born after they reconciled.  The first three range from 15-20 while the subsequent kids are all 7 and under.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

The latest thing I read about Braunwyn and Sean was that they were separated, and she was/is with someone, but she and Sean will stay together.  This makes no sense to me.  That relationship sounds all messed up, but hey, whatever works for them!

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

The latest thing I read about Braunwyn and Sean was that they were separated, and she was/is with someone, but she and Sean will stay together.  This makes no sense to me.  That relationship sounds all messed up, but hey, whatever works for them!

Maybe she's with a woman? Sean's used to that action.

• Love 4
On 10/29/2020 at 3:55 PM, nexxie said:

Interesting interview - and cool new haircut!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNrKyxdusCM

Wow, that interview (and to be shallow - that haircut)  really made me like B for the first time ever.    Especially the part where she realizes she should get off the show.   I hope she does - seems like she's becoming a fully formed person and I've always thought of the OC HW's as cartoon characters.  

• Love 5

The most unbelievable part of bronwyn's story to me is that she realized she's an alcoholic and decided to get sober and on her first try she already has a year under her belt.  She's the unicorn of alcoholics I guess. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, J80134 said:

The most unbelievable part of bronwyn's story to me is that she realized she's an alcoholic and decided to get sober and on her first try she already has a year under her belt.  She's the unicorn of alcoholics I guess. 

In the interview posted above she says this is not the first time she's tried to get sober  - that there have been many times including a stint in rehab about 10 years ago.   

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
On 10/22/2020 at 11:22 AM, nexxie said:

Really interesting - they’ll have to redefine and rebuild their relationship. I wonder if her drinking gave him permission (at least in his mind) to do his own illicit things.

Now I’m wondering if she liked having threesomes, or she had to have a few to get through it.  If she had to drink to do it to please him, then shame on her.  I’m not familiar with that stuff, and wonder if you love your husband, why would you want to see him with another woman or man, however it goes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Now I’m wondering if she liked having threesomes, or she had to have a few to get through it.  If she had to drink to do it to please him, then shame on her.  I’m not familiar with that stuff, and wonder if you love your husband, why would you want to see him with another woman or man, however it goes.

Good question! This is the only storyline on the show that makes me wonder how it all turns out.

• Love 4
On 11/2/2020 at 6:49 AM, J80134 said:

Sober almost 4 years, first time trying with a program. It happens.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Now I’m wondering if she liked having threesomes, or she had to have a few to get through it.  

Based on interviews where she's said that she's attracted to Sean but is, generally speaking, more attracted to women than men, I feel like she was probably the one driving the bus with respect to the threesomes and Sean was just along for the ride (as it were).

• Useful 1
  • Love 8