Type keyword(s) to search

Braunwyn Windham-Burke: Look At Me! I'm Edgy!

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Not sure what you are talking about. I'm personally an equal opportunity dragger. The problem may be that she's so freaking all over the place some of the cr@p she pulls gets lost. It's like the last four years all over again. Ramona by comparison is sane (heh I never thought I'd say that!) and her maskless state was the most egregious thing she did in that time frame. 

My brother and nephew just both came down with Covid. My brother owns a recovery center and both my nephew and I work there as well  but I work from home. I've seen the precautions they take - and the Covid is coming in from the employees, who won't stay masked outside of work, who don't social distance. People suck.

I was comparing the reaction of Andy to Kelly vs his reaction towards Braunwyn.  He held Kelly’s feet to the fire for her “reckless” comments.  Yet, he is mum about Braunwyn traveling across the country.  Kelly got slammed, but Braunwyn gets praise because she’s getting sober, coming out, has an open marriage, she’s protesting, a lesbian, and now apparently a domestic spouse abuser.  That’s what I’m talking about...people find fault with people when they don’t like them, but ignore the very same behavior if they like/approve of the other person.  Since you brought up Ramona, Dorinda went after her for not taking COVID seriously, but Dorinda was up close and maskless with people not in her household and not properly social distancing.  The blame game is getting old.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

Brawny you're doin' a heckuva job!

Anyone else get the feeling she is on a very large dose of Adderall?  She even mentioned something about ADHD medication during the show.  I have seen this before, with friends - she takes Adderall for ADHD (which I bet she doesn't actually have) to get that lift in the morning, and throughout the day.  She was drinking excessively every day because she doesn't actually need the medication, so it works differently on her than it would someone with ADHD, and she is HOPPED UP all day, and she needs something to balance her out.  I also bet that she knows this, and she knows she should stop popping the Adderall but if she does, she won't have the energy she needs to get through the day with 7 kids!  She will also probably start to feel hungry.  

A lot of people find themselves in this predicament.  The level of anxiety she still has after a few weeks of stopping drinking is making me think there are pills involved.

• Useful 12
  • Love 11
On 12/9/2020 at 12:20 PM, nexxie said:

Maybe (for lack of new ideas) Andy/Bravo will sign up this new lesbian love interest as a new cast member. I'm not interested in her or BW however...

I'm surprised Andy, as a gay person, hasn't given us a franchise featuring gay couples. Andy has a home in Laguna Beach, CA. It's the gay capitol of Orange County. I would definitely watch.

• Love 5
On 12/7/2020 at 8:42 AM, lasu said:

Like I said, it's probably the most commonly broken rule in AA.  When I was in the program, I didn't date at all for nine months and then I badgered my sponsor into letting me date.  And I was considered a model child in AA, and I still couldn't make a full year.  Just because someone isn't working a program with complete perfection doesn't mean they aren't working it with honesty.  Not everyone follows every rule.  My sponsor wasn't thrilled that I went to my high school reunion about 2 months into going into AA.  A person could have pointed at me and said, "well, she just isn't taking her sobriety seriously."  Which, wasn't true.  I did take it seriously, but I also didn't want to miss out on something important to me.  Life still happens even when you're in AA.

I don't think it is so much the relationship part of the rule, everyone is different, and life still continues while you are getting well.  It is that you "should not make big decisions when you are getting well" part of AA. I don't think it is that important to stay away from new partners in early recovery, but it is important to get yourself together before you make huge life decisions that impact your whole family.

And is it necessary to send out press releases to People magazine?  It is all so HECTIC!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Maybe (for lack of new ideas) Andy/Bravo will sign up this new lesbian love interest as a new cast member. I'm not interested in her or BW however...

I'm surprised Andy, as a gay person, hasn't given us a franchise featuring gay couples. Andy has a home in Laguna Beach, CA. It's the gay capitol of Orange County. I would definitely watch.

Oh I like that idea! Palm Springs might be a good choice. The Real Housewives of Palm Springs featuring all same sex couples. I would watch that.

• Love 12

Still trying to figure out what Sean gets out of this: 

• He's gay, doesn't want to come out, this relationship has served as a beard for him.  
  • He's bisexual but still doesn't want to admit that he's bisexual?
  • His mother was an alcoholic, narcissistic attention whore so that's what he looked for in a mate.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Boo Boo said:

• He's gay, doesn't want to come out, this relationship has served as a beard for him.  
  • His mother was an alcoholic, narcissistic attention whore 

Grasping at straws that she will change her mind again in a few months and want him back?   Probably doesn’t want SM backlash?  He can’t do anything but support her every move lest he be “cancelled.”  

• Love 10

Braunwyn has also been living in the OC for 5 minutes and she’s out there telling you she’s going to turn the OC upside down with HER protests.  Again, a sign of narcissism.  Rumor has it that their homestead is actually still based out of Miami, so they are paying income taxes to the less costly Florida.  Interesting.  B better be careful digging up other cast mates papers.  She might want to dial down the rhetoric.  It’s not uncommon for housewives to get in trouble with the IRS. She’s such a fraud.

What does Sean get out of this?  Threesomes with his wife’s stamp of approval. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, IKnowRight said:

Braunwyn has also been living in the OC for 5 minutes and she’s out there telling you she’s going to turn the OC upside down with HER protests.  Again, a sign of narcissism.  Rumor has it that their homestead is actually still based out of Miami, so they are paying income taxes to the less costly Florida.  Interesting.  B better be careful digging up other cast mates papers.  She might want to dial down the rhetoric.  It’s not uncommon for housewives to get in trouble with the IRS. She’s such a fraud.

I hope they get divorced under Florida law. She won’t be able to  bleed him as dry as in Cali.  Brown out is turning out to be a real shit stain. Her GF looks scrappy. She’ll be spitting teeth if she hits that one. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

• His mother was an alcoholic, narcissistic attention whore so that's what he looked for in a mate.

I can only think of 2 reasons:

•   He’s been taking care of her in every           capacity for 20 years and perhaps it’s a behavior is so embedded in him, it will be hard to purge.

•  The kids is the other thing.  I can’t imagine he would be comfortable leaving them with her.  I was going to say, in her care, but that didn’t seem like an appropriate noun.  

He is her punching bag, and he can’t allow that.  My hatred toward Braunwyn is real.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
24 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I can only think of 2 reasons:

•   He’s been taking care of her in every           capacity for 20 years and perhaps it’s a behavior is so embedded in him, it will be hard to purge.

•  The kids is the other thing.  I can’t imagine he would be comfortable leaving them with her.  I was going to say, in her care, but that didn’t seem like an appropriate noun.  

He is her punching bag, and he can’t allow that.  My hatred toward Braunwyn is real.

I also think there is a ton of shame that prevents men from admitting they’re victims of abuse. Men who are abused by their partners are often mocked and dismissed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I also think there is a ton of shame that prevents men from admitting they’re victims of abuse. Men who are abused by their partners are often mocked and dismissed.

Which is awful. Abuse is abuse, but you are right, men are still not taken seriously.

I was in an abusive first marriage (a long, long time ago) back before Internet and before OJ and Nicole Brown.

Brownwind is a classic abuser and the fact that she seemed nonchalant about hitting Sean is appalling. Abuse comes in many forms and physical is only one of them. For me, the emotional, sexual, and psychological abuse lasted a lot longer than my physical scars.

I got rid of my ex finally in 1992 and have been very happily remarried for over 25 years. A few weeks ago, my woman’s club was holding a virtual awards reception for an Arts Competition for a high school. Our Zoom got bombed by incredible awfulness including that is hard to describe. It really traumatized me for days. I told my hubby that I didn’t know why it was still affecting me and he said it was because it triggered memories of Neanderthal “my ex” and he was right. Those emotional scars never truly go away,

• Love 18
8 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

She still has Florida plates on her vehicle.  So yah.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

So, I thought this was interesting:

Emily Simpson is taking her Real Housewives of Orange County co-star Braunwyn Windham-Burke to task on Twitter.

“Tonight on #RHOC, Braunwyn excuses her behavior by acting like a victim of the people and circumstances around her, not to be confused by previous episodes where she excused her behavior by acting like the victim of the people and circumstances around her,” Emily tweeted. 

from https://www.allabouttrh.com/2020/12/11/emily-simpson-slams-rhoc-co-star-braunwyn-windham-burke-after-she-admits-to-hitting-her-husband-sean/

• Love 16
17 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

This reminds me of an account I read about siblings going to their enabling father for help about their npd mother - instead of saving them from her, he said something like “Don’t make me regret my decision in choosing a wife.” It devastated the kids and let them know they were really on their own.

• Love 1

Braunwyn sucks. She’s just casually talking about abusing her husband. Wtf. I think though that Sean is gay and for some reason doesn’t wanna come out. So he just keeps supporting this bitch.

• Love 7

Can you imagine the amount of outrage of Sean casually admitted to hitting B like it was no big deal? I can’t believe people are defending B in their replies to Emily’s tweet. I don’t know that B would be that upset if Sean sued for temporary custody tbh. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

I really feel for the kids in this family. Bella must be so confused describing her parents’ great love, only to learn about her mom’s girlfriend soon after. Good thing she and her boyfriend recently moved in together - they can create a new normal. Jacob is obviously confused and being guided by a mom who uses him for screen time. And Rowan...

https://screenrant.com/rhoc-braunwyns-daughter-rowan-likes-tweet-needs-rehab/

Not to mention the littles. 😔

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Can you imagine the amount of outrage of Sean casually admitted to hitting B like it was no big deal? I can’t believe people are defending B in their replies to Emily’s tweet. I don’t know that B would be that upset if Sean sued for temporary custody tbh. 

Hadn’t heard about Emily’s tweet - or Enabling Sean’s response. I feel sorry for Sean and also wish he’d snap out of it!

https://realityblurb.com/2020/12/11/emily-simpson-calls-out-braunwyn-windham-burke-for-physically-abusing-husband-sean-burke-in-front-of-kids-accuses-her-of-playing-victim-plus-she-reacts-to-rhoc-fan-boycott-over-kelly/

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

THIS is exactly what I was thinking as well.  Can you imagine what people would be saying if it was Sean casually chatting away about smacking B because she was teasing him about the vacuum?  Where’s the outrage?

• Love 18

She is now trying to spin it as having happened twice, early in her sobriety, when Sean got between her and a bottle.  And of course she's talking abot how hard it was on her.  She needs to get off the show and into treatment for alcohol and mental health.  I feel for her kids. 

• Love 21
On 12/11/2020 at 10:22 AM, IKnowRight said:

Rumor has it that their homestead is actually still based out of Miami, so they are paying income taxes to the less costly Florida. 

I don't think that would be the case for income from the show, which she's earning in California while living (even temporarily) in California. 

• Love 4
On 12/13/2020 at 8:16 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

She is now trying to spin it as having happened twice, early in her sobriety, when Sean got between her and a bottle.  And of course she's talking abot how hard it was on her.  She needs to get off the show and into treatment for alcohol and mental health.  I feel for her kids. 

Am I imagining things or didn’t she say in her talking head that she has hit Sean a couple of times, two of which were Aspen and the Quarantine time. My impression was she has hit him 4 or 5 times in 20 year relationship. Did I misunderstand? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I don't think that would be the case for income from the show, which she's earning in California while living (even temporarily) in California. 

They are not rich because of her income.  I’m talking about Sean’s income and where they are considered residents.  Her income from the show is probably all they are paying in CA, especially since they just rent homes.  What a fraud. 

• Love 6

My raging narcissist b**** sister-in-law has hit my brother several times over the years. She takes full advantage of the fact that she can be 100% sure that he would never lay hands on her, no matter what she did, and that he would never call the cops because he is a 6'10 giant and they wouldn't believe that his petite wife abuses him. Narcissist tend to be very vengeful, so he fears if he leaves her she'll go on a smear campaign and make it as difficult as possible to see his kids. 

I see this dynamic between brown wind and Sean. She is always the victim and she will paint that picture with even more color if he dares cross her. Who knows what kind of threats she makes behind closed doors. He looks like a guy who's been beat down to the point where he is resigned to just eating all the shit Brown win wants to dish up for him...at least until the kids are grown. Move out, move in, meet my lesbian lover, pay the bills but don't pat the puss, be at my beckon call.

unnamed-2.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, J80134 said:

My raging narcissist b**** sister-in-law has hit my brother several times over the years. She takes full advantage of the fact that she can be 100% sure that he would never lay hands on her, no matter what she did, and that he would never call the cops because he is a 6'10 giant and they wouldn't believe that his petite wife abuses him. Narcissist tend to be very vengeful, so he fears if he leaves her she'll go on a smear campaign and make it as difficult as possible to see his kids. 

I see this dynamic between brown wind and Sean. She is always the victim and she will paint that picture with even more color if he dares cross her. Who knows what kind of threats she makes behind closed doors. He looks like a guy who's been beat down to the point where he is resigned to just eating all the shit Brown win wants to dish up for him...at least until the kids are grown. Move out, move in, meet my lesbian lover, pay the bills but don't pat the puss, be at my beckon call.

unnamed-2.jpg

That makes me so sad. Domestic abuse is domestic abuse, regardless of gender. 
having been a victim myself, abuse takes many forms, beyond physical - sexual, emotional and psychological abuse. Some leave outward scars or worse (other types may never fully go away).

The emotional and psychological abuse is just awful. A good person, male or female, being subject to horrible treatment every day by the person who is supposed to love them the best really damages one’s sense of self.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, MaggieG said:

She reminds of me Ruby Rose

Yes!  Nailed it!  Has any info on this girl been leaked?  Age?  Occupation? Why / how she hooked up with B and moved right on in with her, her husband and all those kids.

• Love 5

The gig is up Sean and Braunwyn with the FL residency.  Apparently Newsom/CA has a plan to collect/claim you as a resident..therefore your money...if you live in the state for longer than 60 days.  Move over the 6 month requirement.  If this goes through, this will add to the mass exodus out of CA. Maybe Braunwyn can headline a revived RHOM.  Can you imagine the other women dealing with her?  The dark haired one that was always fighting will kick her @ss.    

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 12/11/2020 at 2:32 PM, FozzyBear said:

This was the case with my father. He was abused by my mother for over 50 years. One day he had finally had enough. I went over to see him and asked him to leave with me. Previously, he had always said no (out of fear). This time he said yes. He was a frail old man with dementia who could no longer wait on my mother, so her abuse had gotten even worse (turned physical). My mother was yelling and berating him even as we left. 

I'm confused by Braunwyn and Sean's relationship. Are they staying married or getting divorced? What about all the kids? Who will have custody? I also feel sorry for those children. If she was drinking as much as she said and her behavior over the years was as bad as what we've seen on the show, then the children were neglected and living in an abusive, alcoholic household. As someone who grew up in one, I can tell you the effects are long-lasting. 

It doesn't seem like she was paying much attention to her kids at all, and that's putting it mildly. 

And I wonder how Sean, her husband of 20 years and father to her 7 children felt reading her statement "I’m not attracted to men and I never have been.” Was that really necessary? Here's an idea: maybe get a divorce before you start doing PR with your new girlfriend! Sheesh! 

I hope she isn't coming back next season. She is unbearable. I cannot stand her. Actually, I'm not planning on watching it anyway. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 12
On 12/23/2020 at 10:04 AM, nexxie said:

Receipts for what? So far most of her conflict has been about how the other women don’t like her that much. How do you bring a receipt for that? Maybe she’ll prove she’s an alcoholic? I don’t understand how you would do that either though since it’s pretty much a self diagnosing disease. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

Receipts for what? So far most of her conflict has been about how the other women don’t like her that much. How do you bring a receipt for that? Maybe she’ll prove she’s an alcoholic? I don’t understand how you would do that either though since it’s pretty much a self diagnosing disease. 

Who knows? Receipts that show Kelly is an asshole? Elizabeth is a fraud? Shannon is a soul-sucker? Beats me - but I’m looking forward to finding out.

More on the reunion:

https://pagesix.com/2020/12/23/braunwyn-windham-burke-claps-back-after-rhoc-reunion/

Edited by nexxie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

BW is a perfect example of what can happen when you try to heal a profoundly dysfunctional childhood through your children. Dr. Deb seems like a legit bad mom and I have no doubt many of BW’s issues relate to her upbringing. But she can’t “fix” that by becoming a super mom (not saying she even approximates one, but that did seem to be her goal). B’s response to her childhood was to have lots of kids and be a stay-at-home mom so she could be present in a way her mother wasn’t. But instead she just repeated the pattern because she didn’t do the work of healing herself- like through therapy and appropriate boundaries with Dr. Deb.

Dr. Deb’s manner last season hit me on a visceral level- partly because it was so clear she had some sort of untreated personality disorder and because BW had not seemed to find a way to contextualize her upbringing or set appropriate boundaries. You don’t need to be perfect, but to be a somewhat decent parent you need to work on your own childhood trauma (ideally before you start popping out babies, although it’s an ongoing process). And, honestly, some of us shouldn’t have children and it takes self-awareness to recognize that about yourself. I’m by no means saying people with bad parents can’t grow up to be wonderful parents themselves. It’s certainly possible, but it takes work. Not just a proclamation that you’re not going to be like your mom/dad, etc. I grew up with a Cluster B personality-disordered mom and an enabling dad and I, quite predictively, became a parentified child. When I got older, I realized I had done so much parenting as a little kid that I really didn’t have the will in me to be the kind of parent I would want to be to a human child (I do, however, rock as a dog mom, if I do say so myself). That’s ok. I hope B’s kids get the help they need to stop the cycle if or when they have their own children.

Also, while I do think B is an attention whore, I completely believe she is an alcoholic. If she’s faking, someone needs to give her an award for her impression of a dry drunk this season. Because I completely buy it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

So now apparently she is on another vacation without her kids (in Puerto Rico this time).  Super spreader that she is.

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

These women are selfish and horrible.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, geauxaway said:

So now apparently she is on another vacation without her kids (in Puerto Rico this time).  Super spreader that she is.

I assume without Sean as well? Is she with the new girlfriend shown in the pics above? 

I am confused though about Brauny's confession that she moved her BF/wife into the house. But she said that she doesn't live there FT because she has a son. However the wife shown in the pics last night is not the same woman shown in the pics above. So has the "wife" now moved out and the new girlfriend moved in? Or are both still hanging around the house? Maybe the wife is helping Sean with the kids while Brauny and the new girlfriend vacation? Brauny said last night that Sean is jealous of the wife. I can't imagine he isn't jealous of the girlfriend who is actually sleeping/in a relationship with his wife. Why is he still there? SMFH. 

• Love 7
On 12/31/2020 at 1:27 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I assume without Sean as well? Is she with the new girlfriend shown in the pics above? 

I am confused though about Brauny's confession that she moved her BF/wife into the house. But she said that she doesn't live there FT because she has a son. However the wife shown in the pics last night is not the same woman shown in the pics above. So has the "wife" now moved out and the new girlfriend moved in? Or are both still hanging around the house? Maybe the wife is helping Sean with the kids while Brauny and the new girlfriend vacation? Brauny said last night that Sean is jealous of the wife. I can't imagine he isn't jealous of the girlfriend who is actually sleeping/in a relationship with his wife. Why is he still there? SMFH. 

LOL, it is hard to keep track of all Braunwyn's "friends"!  My husband has a "work wife" (I love her!), so I think Braunwyn's BF "wife" is just a friend. Now she may be a friend with benefits (cute as she is!), but she is just a friend. Braunwyn's girlfriend is the short haired one, not the long blonde haired BF "wife" who moved in as kind of a sponsor to help her sobriety I think...

Edited by IslandGirl
clarity
  • Love 5