Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S05.E18: A Real Handful

Recommended Posts


13 minutes ago, Milan said:

A normal chef will kick out at least 100 - 200 dishes out per lunch, and the same amount for a dinner (in a restaurant). 

Errrr... with a lot of staff.  (I mean, Tom's ridiculous, but.)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

I think Captain Lee has confirmed in the past that yes, the crew members we don't see share in the tip as well.  The ones that actually know what they're doing.  🙂

Can you imagine being a star chef, getting your monthly salary, a 1200-2000 Dollar tip after each charter (usually 2-3 days), visiting the nicest ports in the world, shagging a sexy bosun/stewardess and then crying, bitching and moaning if a guests asks for a steak to be cooked a few more minutes or a cucumber? 

 

Weird, right?

 

I would not stop smiling all day......

ps. In the real world, there is not so much bitching and moaning like in the Below deck series, I promise you that....

People like Hannah, Kate, Roxy, Malia, the Italian chick and others would be fired in a split second.....

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Lassus said:

Errrr... with a lot of staff.  (I mean, Tom's ridiculous, but.)

Come on, give me a break. Tom has ALL DAY to prepare the dishes, and he only needs to finish these of and put them on a plate.

The dishes he serves are miniature by the way. They might be tasty, but after seeing 95% of the guests being 120kg people, I cannot believe he does not get more complaints.

6-10 guests with a pre set lunch/dinner! The guests do not even get to choose anything (except for what is on their preference sheet).

And Tom is not alone, he has more help then any other chef I have seen in any other season. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Did the one co-primary have a special kind of cast on her arm?  I was surprised to see her in the water with that thing on.

Probably they are more expensive but you can get water resistant casts that use a different lining that makes swimming and showering okay.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

think Captain Lee has confirmed in the past that yes, the crew members we don't see share in the tip as well.  The ones that actually know what they're doing.  🙂

Yeah when the First Mate (Dave?) was shown for like 10 seconds on the bridge with Sandy I was like "oh look, the guy that actually does all the work" has made it on.   Glad that there is an actual competent person on the boat, along with the engineers for everyone's sake.

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

All the other chefs have thrown tantrums at times, but Whining Tom is the only one to do it for every delivery and meal.  (I've missed a couple seasons)

eta:  forgot about Mila.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

One more thing, the one person I feel bad about on this last charter is Bugs as it seems like she’s trying to do her job but is hampered by baby Tom, micro-manager Sandy, Malia who needs to get the hell out of the galley and some high-end guests.    Hopefully when the charter ends she grabs Alex and heads off to have some fun.  I know that would be my plan of action.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

I remember back when we discussed the passengers/clients more then the Shipmates.........ahhh the good old days.

Speaking of which, what was up with the one co-primary?  She left dinner early to go to her room to complain about the other guests?  That are her friends?  And what did the other two guest go to their room to rant about?  I missed it.  I was too distracted by temper tantrums, over the top jealously and crew members trying to stay out of the line of fire........the galley.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

And what did the other two guest go to their room to rant about?  I missed it. 

They went to complain about the primary being hungry and some of the others being snobby bitches. It made me think that these people aren’t actually friends. 
 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

They went to complain about the primary being hungry and some of the others being snobby bitches. It made me think that these people aren’t actually friends. 

I agree that does not sound like friends.  And from the looks of it the co-primary gets worse next week.  Why do people go on these beautiful trips but don't seem to enjoy them?  Or find joy in just being there!?

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Milan said:

Come on, give me a break. Tom has ALL DAY to prepare the dishes, and he only needs to finish these of and put them on a plate.

I wasn't commenting on Tom, just your use of a single chef preparing plating 200-400 meals a day by themselves as comparison. 

Being a chef is stressful, but I can easily agree that Tom's a complete tool who is handling this not-french-bakery-licensing gig far, far worse than Kiko ever did, or any other professional.

1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

Yeah when the First Mate (Dave?) was shown for like 10 seconds on the bridge with Sandy I was like "oh look, the guy that actually does all the work" has made it on.

We call them the Ghost Crew in our house.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, endure said:

I could be wrong here but I thought Sandy actually came down hysterically wrong on Tom over the frozen halibut, she had a hissy fit herself. It wasn’t Tom that said the halibut was frozen, it was Bugsy.  I actually think Sandy was no better than Tom.  And don’t take this that I am defending Tom because I don’t like him, he is very high strung and needy. If others saw it differently please say.  I also don’t think Aeysha meant anything with her hand position.

I thought the same thing, she was screaming that he just told her it was frozen and he said no such thing. They are all nuts.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah I was confused about what she said about Tom walking. I couldn't tell if she said that she would walk but she said something about him being her partner in life. Wow that was a short life.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, dangwoodchucks said:

I hate it when people do what Tom did. In the time he wasted repeating to Sandy what she had said and explaining he couldn’t answer yes or no, etc, he could’ve said, hold on, opened the fridge door to see if the fish was frozen and told her the answer. He just wanted to argue. So we ended up with two toddler tantrums.

Agreed. He was being so incredibly snotty, condescending, and just plain insubordinate there. Yes it was Bugsy who said it was frozen but Sandy's point was still valid, even if she was just generally making it worse. She just wanted Tom to tell her what the problem was exactly so that she could address it. Then and later he put on this whole wounded confusion about what Sandy wanted, but he knew. She wanted her chef to come to her with issues, not go through his girlfriend the bosun. 

That's why she came down on Bugsy about getting dragged into it. With Sandy it was probably equally parts wanting more air time and actual management strategy - but she wasn't wrong there (even if she had the details mixed up). I supervise people and nothing is worse then hearing through the grapevine about some problem brewing, that I could have easily fixed if the staff person who was having the issue had come to me directly.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I wasn't commenting on Tom, just your use of a single chef preparing plating 200-400 meals a day by themselves as comparison. 

Being a chef is stressful, but I can easily agree that Tom's a complete tool who is handling this not-french-bakery-licensing gig far, far worse than Kiko ever did, or any other professional.

I cook for 7 people EVERY day. Piece of cake.

In restaurants up till 50 people, there can be 3 seating's per night. One chef and one helper cook, and one person for the dishes. That is 3X50 starters, 3X50 main courses, 50X desert.  And all people eat different dishes.

Tom ONLY has to cook 3-4 courses for 6-10 people ONCE! And all he cooks is set in advance. These people pay at least 100 000 Euros or more for spending a couple of days on a yacht and he serves them 50grams of food while he is bitching and moaning.....

I cannot get over his order of 2kg of mussels. 2KG?  That is barely enough for 2 people.

 

just saying....

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

That's why she came down on Bugsy about getting dragged into it. With Sandy it was probably equally parts wanting more air time and actual management strategy - but she wasn't wrong there (even if she had the details mixed up). I supervise people and nothing is worse then hearing through the grapevine about some problem brewing, that I could have easily fixed if the staff person who was having the issue had come to me directly.

I think she was absolutely wrong there. The Captain has never been the first resort in dealing with provisions. It’s the chef and the chief stew and should only be elevated if it can’t be solved which didn’t seem to be the case. She handled Bugsy all wrong with her micromanaging and attempting to make it about choosing sides rather than addressing the problem. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I think she was absolutely wrong there. The Captain has never been the first resort in dealing with provisions. It’s the chef and the chief stew and should only be elevated if it can’t be solved which didn’t seem to be the case. She handled Bugsy all wrong with her micromanaging and attempting to make it about choosing sides rather than addressing the problem. 

You're right that in the general course of events the chef and chief stew would be the ones dealing with an issue with provisions. But in this case it had already gone well beyond that. Bugsy did re-request the provisions and met with the people on the dock to get his halibut or whatever because the initial delivery of seafood was too warm. But Tom continued to throw a tantrum because it was now too cold (let's call him Goldilocks) and Malia inserted herself into the whole mess.

This was the point where Sandy was trying to say, hey Tom if you still have an issue, let me know and I'll pursue a solution. She wanted Malia to step back and didn't want Bugsy becoming an additional handmaiden to Tom. She just needed him to use his words and tell her what he wanted. Which he didn't do. Instead he wasted a whole bunch of words arguing with her on the technicality of who said the fish was frozen instead of opening the pantry door, showing her the frozen fish and asking her to follow up.

Malia did try to explain this to him when he continued to whine after the crew meeting. Tell Sandy then it's on her to fix it. 

edited to add: I say all this as someone who is no fan of Sandy's.

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

This was the point where Sandy was trying to say, hey Tom if you still have an issue, let me know and I'll pursue a solution. She wanted Malia to step back and didn't want Bugsy becoming an additional handmaiden to Tom. She just needed him to use his words and tell her what he wanted. Which he didn't do. Instead he wasted a whole bunch of words arguing with her on the technicality of who said the fish was frozen instead of opening the pantry door, showing her the frozen fish and asking her to follow up.

 

But the relationship between the chef and chief stew and the provision person is important and she should not be inserting herself into that dynamic. She also told Bugsy and told Malia but never went to Tom himself until the latest incident and than blew up and brought it up in a ridiculous meeting. Tom is a whiny asshat but Sandy’s leadership has failed at every turn. Including just passively aggressively huffing to herself in the wheelhouse when Malia ignored her orders and went to the galley to help Tom out. She changes procedures on a whim, doesn’t back up her decisions with actions and consequences and is an absolute shit at communicating directly and with authority. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She changes procedures on a whim, doesn’t back up her decisions with actions and consequences and is an absolute shit at communicating directly and with authority. 

100% agree with you here. She's like the worst traits of every manager all rolled into one. 

But when she and Tom were having the trading of words outside the pantry door he should have just said, yes the fish is frozen and I need the situation fixed. Instead he wanted to argue about who actually said what in his snotty, superior tone - admittedly she did the same - and never actually said "fix it".

Do I think she was inserting herself partially because it gets her more screen time? Sure. But in that moment he had his boss's ear and could have put it on Sandy to solve. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Pop Tart said:

hen she and Tom were having the trading of words outside the pantry door he should have just said, yes the fish is frozen and I need the situation fixed. Instead he wanted to argue about who actually said what in his snotty, superior tone - admittedly she did the same - and never actually said "fix it".

 

He said he hadn’t had a chance to look at what was brought, which he didn’t because he was busy complaining and not in the galley when they came, so he couldn’t actually tell her what was wrong with them. Sandy then responded in a completely unprofessional manner and storming out of the kitchen. They both suck but Sandy is actively going out of her way to create more drama. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

She just needed him to use his words and tell her what he wanted. Which he didn't do. Instead he wasted a whole bunch of words arguing with her on the technicality of who said the fish was frozen instead of opening the pantry door, showing her the frozen fish and asking her to follow up.

He's exhausting. I hate people like that.  They always have to be right and get in the last word.  Hm maybe firing Kiko wasn't the best idea in the world Sandy.   Tom fills the room with tension and makes everyone around him miserable, he could use some therapy to deal with his anger.

Jess is over the top with her constant jealousy.  No one wants Lurch you can have him to yourself, chill.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I remember back when we discussed the passengers/clients more then the Shipmates.........ahhh the good old days.

Speaking of which, what was up with the one co-primary?  She left dinner early to go to her room to complain about the other guests?  That are her friends?  And what did the other two guest go to their room to rant about?  I missed it.  I was too distracted by temper tantrums, over the top jealously and crew members trying to stay out of the line of fire........the galley.

 

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They went to complain about the primary being hungry and some of the others being snobby bitches. It made me think that these people aren’t actually friends. 
 

I got the feeling that they are all stay at home Moms (as their preference sheets said), whose children attend the same school.  They may be in the same friend group, but not necessarily besties.  Or, maybe three of them are besties, but brought along a "plus one", and now, they are not meshing as a group.

My thought was that they all know each other from school, so maybe they each won the trip during a PTA fundraiser auction or something!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Milan said:

Tom ONLY has to cook 3-4 courses for 6-10 people ONCE! And all he cooks is set in advance. These people pay at least 100 000 Euros or more for spending a couple of days on a yacht and he serves them 50grams of food while he is bitching and moaning.....

I did that job when I was 16 and was the cook in the rectory...I wasn't responsible for breakfast, but lunch and dinner for 4-5 people.  And I didn't cry or scream once.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

They managed to keelhaul Kiko one more time. Saying they were lucky to get a bowl of spaghetti for crew food.

Is it possible that Bugsy prepares her own food?  When Aesha was emotional and asked Bugsy if they could talk, Bugsy had been hunched over a plate of food with green stuff on it. I know she’s a vegetarian, but I couldn’t tell what it was. And as a vegetarian myself, I suspect there’s no way the omnivore cast is about to tolerate a meat free meal. 

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Is it possible that Bugsy prepares her own food?  When Aesha was emotional and asked Bugsy if they could talk, Bugsy had been hunched over a plate of food with green stuff on it. I know she’s a vegetarian, but I couldn’t tell what it was. And as a vegetarian myself, I suspect there’s no way the omnivore cast is about to tolerate a meat free meal. 

It looked like she was eating Edamame.

Even the camera didn’t like the disagreeable primary, Z, her eyes were closed in the picture they took with Rob. I noticed in the other group photo on deck, before their excursion, everyone else had their arms around each other but she was standing at the end with her arm by her side.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Andy brought it up on WWHL regarding the social media venom directed at her and Mal-ia.

They're sticking hard to their stories.

I see then it wasn’t her that brought it up but personally. I feel like she has had a lot of time to look at her role in how she dealt with it and has seen the negative backlash from a lot of viewers that felt she didn’t act appropriately.  She could either offer up an apology or say no comment but to continue to defend her position and try to drag in someone like captain lee and claim he is supportive is wrong on many levels.  I already can’t stand her but she has no right to speak for someone else on this issue.  She has gone out of her way to defend her actions several times on social media but I seriously doubt she has changed many opinions.

Edited by endure
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

IIRC (and I've deleted it, so I could be wrong):

Bugsy to Tom:  All the fish [except the oysters per the provisioners, but she didn't say that] is frozen.

Tom, snottily, sarcastically but sounding serious:  Halibut is best when it's frozen!  

Sandy arrives in time to hear that.

Bugsy, confused:  "Really?"

Sandy, having heard "halibut is frozen:"  So is the fish frozen?

Tom:  devolves into crazed one-uppy babbling.

Sandy, eventually:  Throws up her hands because Tom denies saying it was frozen, and he did!  He did without checking, but he did!

Me:  Oh Tom, please don't make me side with Sandy.

Sandy, later:  Sure!  Go up to dinner half an hour early!

Me:  Phew!  I can hate everyone except Ghost Crew, Alex, Aesha, 40% of Bugsy, 5% of Rob, and 1% of Jess!

I really liked the standoffish co-primary's dress at dinner.  And Parkour co-primary seems a good sport.  I've never seen less fuss by/over a guest injury that I can recall.  And "I can swim [the jet ski] in."  You go.  

Hand-butt-gate:  I was reminded of the meme that goes around FB and the like showing how Keanu Reeves poses with female fans, and lets his hands hover above their shoulders rather than side-hugging them.  Wise man.  What I saw Aesha doing was holding her arm up, bent, and they were probably taking a long time to take the shot, and it was tiring, and she dropped it down to the region of Rob's butt, but didn't necessarily put it ON his butt.  There may have been up to a few inches between palm and pants.  We were looking from directly behind, so who knows?

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Also, in my eyes a very weird fact is that the guests are dressing up for lunch and dinner. WTF? You are on vacation, on a boat, at sea, nobody with you except for yourself and your friends/family. Who are you dressing up for? Its not that these people are on a yacht the very first time, they are rich so I do not understand the stress of having to dress up.

It must be Bravo creating some 'shit" by telling the guests to take extra long with dressing up to get the chef pissed off. That one primary guest took ages to dress, the only thing he had to do is put on his pants, put on a shirt and that's it.....2 minutes, but he came 30 minutes late.

I would be in my swimming shorts and slippers all day long.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Just a kind request to the Bravo directors.

Please, Do not bring back Captain Sandy and Malia......ever.

The show used to make me happy, and amused me.

Now, I am mad after watching it.....

Just now, MartyQui said:

I don’t understand how guests should be allowed to be hungry on a yacht....why aren’t there premade cheese platters, or crudités or something available to snack on 24/7 if the guest asks.  

exactly!

Beats me as well. There should be food all over the place. A guest saying he/she is hungry on a superyacht?  Should not be possible.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, MartyQui said:

I don’t understand how guests should be allowed to be hungry on a yacht....why aren’t there premade cheese platters, or crudités or something available to snack on 24/7 if the guest asks.  

I came back to comment on this very topic,  what is up with the tiny portions? The little puff things he made that were brought out first,  the each got one... the size of a nickel?  It looked sad on the plate.  Why even bother?  If I'm the guest I should be able to get as many as I want,  this is a yacht right?  

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Sandy's point was still valid, even if she was just generally making it worse. She just wanted Tom to tell her what the problem was exactly so that she could address it.

He did try to call her on her radio but alas she was not responding.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Jess is killing me with the jealousy. She’s threatened by literally any woman that talks to Rob. Then she threatens violence against Aesha for touching Rob’s butt when taking a group photo? All this for a six week relationship? She’s worried about the charter guests as if they’re 1) not all moms/presumably and 2) ever going to give Rob the time of day.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I remember when chef Leon was on Below Deck and he was asked to make cheeseburgers and brownies late at night after dinner. He bitched to the crew but he did it and the guests were happy. I too don't understand why they don't have food read to go when the guests say they are hungry. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I’m going to chime in on the lack of food too. That tapas dinner seemed really skimpy and there wasn’t even any dessert. He should also have snacks ready when they return from their excursion. Tom doesn’t know how to think on his feet or improvise if things don’t go according to plan.

I noticed Malia gauging Tom’s temper-ature. After lunch was changed from 2.30 to 2, he must’ve whinged to her because she was in the kitchen asking him, “are you going to be okay for lunch at 2.00?”. What was she going to do if he wasn’t?

Bugsy’s afraid of saying or doing anything to set Tom off.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

The captain is a bitch.  She posted somewhere that the reason Milia and Tom broke up was because Milia is gay. If she is, yawn is not to be the one to tell!  I think maybe the captain wants her to be gay so she could have a chance at her.

I can't stand this captain.

Edited by antfitz
  • Like 14
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, dangwoodchucks said:

That tapas dinner seemed really skimpy and there wasn’t even any dessert.

I noticed that too, that is something Sandy would normally lose her mind over.  I am surprised that was not some sort of an issue that she did not ask the guests about how they liked dessert, come to think of it she did not ask anyone if there food was hot either, she is slipping in inciting the guests but she is really killing it as a bad manager.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, antfitz said:

The captain is a bitch.  She posted somewhere that the reason Milia and Tom broke up was because Milia is gay. If she is, yawn is not to be the one to tell!  I think maybe the captain wants her to be gay so she could have a chance at her.

I can't stand this captain.

That was on her instagram. Some people think Sandy was drunk when she posted this.  Malia replied and was upset about what Sandy posted.  I wonder how the two responded to each other on Watch What Crappens?  I turned it off because they both make me sick.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

35 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

That was on her instagram. Some people think Sandy was drunk when she posted this.  Malia replied and was upset about what Sandy posted.  I wonder how the two responded to each other on Watch What Crappens?  I turned it off because they both make me sick.

It wasn’t on her IG, it was a Cameo she did for someone when she was still in the states before Tom and Malia broke up. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

I came back to comment on this very topic,  what is up with the tiny portions? The little puff things he made that were brought out first,  the each got one... the size of a nickel?  It looked sad on the plate.  Why even bother?  If I'm the guest I should be able to get as many as I want,  this is a yacht right?  

Not to pick on the US - I’m American after all, but we forget how small portions really are. My mother is French and my husband is German, so I get a wake up call every time I am in Europe about how small an actual portion really is. A basic turkey sandwich with h whole wheat bread, a tablespoon of low-fat mayonnaise, a slice of cheese, and ounce of turkey, a slice of lettuce and the tomato slice is well over 400 calories. I totally get luxury yacht, my vacation, my wallet, I want my gullet stuffed at every turn, but Tom, for all his faults, is a British chef with perhaps a more European concept of portion size. I always lose weight within a week of traveling in Europe. It could be the hormone free animal products, it could be the less- processed,antibiotic-freebie organic products, but really it’s just a smaller portion size. Tom’s portions seem normal on a European scale. And it’s not like these bitches are hurting for calories with all the champagne they are guzzling. One bottle is like 600 calories. It’s not like they’ve are burning that much energy going down slides and floating in  jelly infested waters.😉😘

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Like 12
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Not to pick on the US - I’m American after all, but we forget how small portions really are. My mother is French and my husband is German, so I get a wake up call every time I am in Europe about how small an actual portion really is. A basic turkey sandwich with h whole wheat bread, a tablespoon of low-fat mayonnaise, a slice of cheese, and ounce of turkey, a slice of lettuce and the tomato slice is well over 400 calories. I totally get luxury yacht, my vacation, my wallet, I want my gullet stuffed at every turn, but Tom, for all his faults, is a British chef with perhaps a more European concept of portion size. I always lose weight within a week of traveling in Europe. It could be the hormone free animal products, it could be the less- processed,antibiotic-freebie organic products, but really it’s just a smaller portion size. Tom’s portions seem normal on a European scale. And it’s not like these bitches are hurting for calories with all the champagne they are guzzling. One bottle is like 600 calories. It’s not like they’ve are burning that much energy going down slides and floating in  jelly infested waters.😉😘

There was a cruise that Kiko's portion became an issue, Hannah told him to work on his portion size because the guests were still hungry.  I do love a fantastic spoonful of an exquisite meal in a French bistro, I expect it but if I were renting a mega yacht where the staff is there to take care of my every whim and I wanted a groaning board of food at each meal then that is what I want.  

I consider myself lucky when I get back home after a European trip and my weight is the same, eat what I want counter balances with all the walking I do.  And now I want Duck Confit, Vive a la France!

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I read the comments here before starting to watch the episode, and Tom is even worse than I imagined. Complaining about how much stuff he has to put away, then going to have a little poor-me talk with Malia in the cabin. When Sandy asks for a yes or no question about the halibut, instead of just going to the walk-in and POKING THE DAMN THING he whines about how he doesn't know because he hasn't had time to check. While I'm not a fan of Sandy, I'd be just as PO'd as she was about his immature, babyish behavior. And then ha ha, Malia calling him her "partner in life" when they had a few short weeks left as a couple. 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/29/2020 at 2:15 AM, lcarolynl said:

When is he in control and not having a hissy fit?

In fairness, probably often.  Remember we're seeing the results of what editors have decided we should see.  Even tempered, level headed cast members make for boring reality TV.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/29/2020 at 12:59 AM, Caseysgirl said:

I am once again NOT team Sandy - why did she talk the guests into seating for dinner before the the planned time;

that was ridiculous. She could have a) said "let me check whether we can have dinner a bit earlier than we planned or b) let's get you a few snacks while dinner is getting finished.

(I'm not clear on how early it was?)

How she could think of seating them when the chef is OBVIOUSLY not going to have everything ready is beyond me.

Edited by dleighg
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

The little puff things he made that were brought out first,  the each got one... the size of a nickel?  It looked sad on the plate.

yeah I would want a half dozen of those little things!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

But the relationship between the chef and chief stew and the provision person is important and she should not be inserting herself into that dynamic. She also told Bugsy and told Malia but never went to Tom himself until the latest incident and than blew up and brought it up in a ridiculous meeting. Tom is a whiny asshat but Sandy’s leadership has failed at every turn. Including just passively aggressively huffing to herself in the wheelhouse when Malia ignored her orders and went to the galley to help Tom out. She changes procedures on a whim, doesn’t back up her decisions with actions and consequences and is an absolute shit at communicating directly and with authority. 

Like she also shouldn't be inserting herself about who in the crew is sharing with whom?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size