Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: A Real Handful

• Start Topic

Tom becomes incensed over a provisioning mishap, while Malia and Bugsy struggle to manage the fallout; Rob and Alex find themselves ogled by the final charter guests of the season; a group photo with Rob and Aesha sends Jess over the edge.

Airs September 28, 2020.

Malia is so far up Tom's ass.  It's pissing me off that she is coddling him so much.  Cringey and extremely embarrassing. 

God, he's such a baby.

Poultry on a mega yacht?   I'd throw it overboard and demand lobster.

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, pieinmyeye said:

Jess and Tom both need to grow up. Her jealousy is so high school. In addition to not doing anything inappropriate, he’s helping to ensure you get a good tip. Idiot.

Proof of my theory that breast implants are made out of brain cells.

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

It may just be the edible I ate but it didn’t look like Aesha “grabbed” Rob’s ass. There is far too much insecurity in this 3 week relationship.

Jess is certainly over the top with her jealousy, but I’m equally turned off by Rob’s oh so emo ways.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, Lassus said:

It would be hilarious if one of the guests fell off the boat while Sandy was being a weirdo.

Yeah I kept wishing something like that had happened (with everyone all right of course) while Malia was babysitting Tom.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Sandy just said Captain Lee agreed with her.  Is that true?

I don’t think he actively agreed or disagreed. I think he said he wasn’t there and didn’t have all the information so he can’t judge the situation. If he did agree, he’s a hypocrite because that’s not at all how he handled a similar situation with Kat.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

They keep pushing the "party line" on Hannah's very legal "drugs" incident. 

Pretty sure he had a tweet or retweet at the time that suggested he did not agree, but I could be misremembering.

I could almost, maybe, kind of accept that Malia did what she thought was best. Almost. But she’s so smug and when asked to say something nice about Hannah she can’t think of anything. 

• Love 13

I think I remember that too.

Malia didn't have to snitch on Hannah right away.  The prescription was right on the box and Hannah said she hadn't taken any, which could easily be checked. 

eta:  she was mad about the cabin situation and saw a shot she could take.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 14

This is just nuts.  Tom is a raving maniac and Jess is scary crazy jealous.  I wouldn't want to go anywhere near that yacht!  

Tom's behavior and comments proved my theory that he really had no interest in being on the show and he did it for Malia (gee - that worked out well, didn't it?)  

Jess is very scary - Aesha should watch her back, especially when they are both in the galley together with all those knives and kitchen utensils.

• Love 19
45 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Yeah I kept wishing something like that had happened (with everyone all right of course) while Malia was babysitting Tom.

But people already got upset because she dove in the water once to help someone.  😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Oh for cripes sake Tom, it's food,fresh or frozen you are a chef and should be able to make it delicious, shut the hell up you whiney ass and cook some damn food!

No surpise that Malia and Tiny Tom are no longer together, same goes for bunny boiler Jess and shallow Rob.

I really have to give Bugs credit, she hung in there like a true interior leader and treated the guests with upbeat service and didn't let the crew drama push her off her game or her expected standards.

Capt. Sandy still irks me but at least this episode she seems to have finally put the entire crew on notice about service, standards and attitudes, about damn time!

• Love 20

Yay Alex for getting the lead deckhand title.  Too bad Malia immediately ordered him to go help Tom after Sandy told her to stay out of the galley.

Bugsy is actually kinda cute when she lays off the accessories.  She bears a slight resemblance to Sara Michelle Geller (I think I’m spelling at least one of those names wrong but whatever lol)

• Love 19

I could be wrong here but I thought Sandy actually came down hysterically wrong on Tom over the frozen halibut, she had a hissy fit herself. It wasn’t Tom that said the halibut was frozen, it was Bugsy.  I actually think Sandy was no better than Tom.  And don’t take this that I am defending Tom because I don’t like him, he is very high strung and needy. If others saw it differently please say.  I also don’t think Aeysha meant anything with her hand position.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

They keep pushing the "party line" on Hannah's very legal "drugs" incident. 

Why on earth would she even bring this up, wow, I guess she didn’t grow any over this horror story of hers.  I now hate her even more.

• Love 6

Tom is the WORST!!!

Sandy is a poor leader. She has always criticized individuals in front of the whole crew. Praise in public, punish in private. 

Tom has the whole crew dancing around his lack of emotional control. I get that most chefs are unreasonably emotional sometimes but with Tom, it's ALL THE TIME!! When is he in control and not having a hissy fit? Surely there was a moment but none comes to mind.

Malia deserves all that she is getting and more. She wanted Tom on board and she wanted Tom in her room. Now there's no escaping him. All day and all night, he's bitching and moaning about everything.
Try making Tom happy Malia. Try harder!  <insert evil laugh>

• LOL 11
  • Love 12
30 minutes ago, endure said:

Why on earth would she even bring this up, wow, I guess she didn’t grow any over this horror story of hers.  I now hate her even more.

Andy brought it up on WWHL regarding the social media venom directed at her and Mal-ia.

They're sticking hard to their stories.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

The thing about Tom going on and on about his reputation constantly is that he's on a goddamned vacation boat.  No one at Food & Wine gives a single shit that you couldn't serve fresh halibut one day on ONE STUPID BOAT.  You aren't at The French Laundry or Le Bernadin, you nitwit.

I mean, I honestly hated the tantrums that everyone's favorite Chef Ben threw and was always forgiven for, but he still made it work.  This from Tom is just another level of stupidity.  Part of me has to wonder if he wasn't vetted for this temper and tantrum level by some utterly brilliant intern at BRAVO just for this purpose.  If so, they deserve a raise.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Tom VERY MUCH wanted to be on TV.  He probably thought this would catapult him to being the next celebrity chef.  Instead, he looks like an incompetent, petulant child and he knows it's hurting his career.

Or...he's just upset about his dying uncle who he never mentions.  Oops, he mentioned him once.

Yeah, I think he thought he could pretend to be Gordon Ramsay and viewers would love him

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I don't understand how Tom seems to be so worried about his reputation because the provisions are not sent correctly and he has to make it work, but doesn't seem to be at all worried about his reputation as a short tempered, pan throwing tyrant that has everyone tip-toeing around him.  The guests, thus far, seem to be very happy with the dishes he is putting out - I don't get the issue with his "reputation".

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
24 minutes ago, Lassus said:

The thing about Tom going on and on about his reputation constantly is that he's on a goddamned vacation boat.  No one at Food & Wine gives a single shit that you couldn't serve fresh halibut one day on ONE STUPID BOAT.  You aren't at The French Laundry or Le Bernadin, you nitwit.

I mean, I honestly hated the tantrums that everyone's favorite Chef Ben threw and was always forgiven for, but he still made it work.  This from Tom is just another level of stupidity.  Part of me has to wonder if he wasn't vetted for this temper and tantrum level by some utterly brilliant intern at BRAVO just for this purpose.  If so, they deserve a raise.

Exactly,  Ben and even Adam could be real jerks.  And I get that the chef role has to be highly stressful.  They seem to cook all day long.  But Tom was punching walls and storming between his cabin and the galley.  This is next level hysterics. 

It was uncomfortable to watch a grown man do that.  

• Love 17
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Her conversation with Bugsy who clearly has a relationship with the provisioner and it’s clearly part of her job was not only a waste of time it undermined everyone involved.

We have never seen Capt. Lee call the provisioner about anything, he let everyone do their job.  It is easier for the provisioner to deal with one person for an order,  why did Sandy need to step in at all, it was being handled and only went sideways when she stuck her nose in it.  Also, frozen fish fillets do not take much time to defrost in time for dinner prep, you can put it in a sink in the plastic vacuum seal package it arrived in and run the faucet over it, if it was a thick steak then it would not be ready but thin cuts of fish, easy.

As soon as we learned the charter would be all women I knew there would be some conflict about meals and preference sheets, flirting with crew members and dissention among the women. 

I just want to know if Chef Tom will share his boiled bunny recipe with Jess 'cause Aesha needs to be taught a lesson, lol.

Chef Tom is acting no different than any other chef that has ever worked in any sort of kitchen.

• Love 7

When did Malia become responsible for every single thing that happened on the boat?  The last time I heard I thought the kitchen was part of the interior (Bugsy) responsibility - why wasn't Bugsy in there making sure that Tom got the assistance he needed?  You would have thought the weight of the whole yacht weighed on Malia's tiny little shoulders!  

Sandy and Malia continued to be reprehensible on WWHL.  Obviously they have been told to blame Hannah for everything - I'm sure she has even caused natural disasters at this point.  What is up with Captain Sandy's huge teeth?  Have they always been that big?

Jess needs to chill out - too bad she can't borrow some of Hannah's legal drugs.

I don't get to check into a cheap motel before the check-in time - why the heck did these women get to check into the yacht early?  That caused a great deal of inconvenience for the crew and was unnecessary.

Not only Pete sightings but they even said his name!  If we were playing a drinking game that would have been a double shot!

Edited by RoxiP
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

I do not understand what it is with these cry baby chefs onboard the Below deck yachts. It must be that the production chooses the weirdest ones to keep it interesting. And off course, the production makes sure the groceries come in late or incomplete.

For a real chef, working on a yacht with 6-10 guests , not even "a la carte" is a joke. You have 24h only to cook for 6-10 people, and you have a list of what they do and do not like. How hard can it be. 

A normal chef will kick out at least 100 - 200 dishes out per lunch, and the same amount for a dinner (in a restaurant). 

And then Tom ALWAYS has somebody helping him. It must be a set up, because for a normal chef this would be a piece of cake.

As far as the behaviour of Tom, ALL chefs do behave like this, they are human too, and sometimes people can get on your nerves.

Malia is still pissing me off, every time I see her. By the way, she is not really in command of the deck. You have a Captain and a chief officer who commands the bosun. On the series the chief officer and the engine room engineers are not in the picture because they probably need to have at least a few persons onboard that are not cry babies ad weirdos. 

I wonder if these guys also get a part of the tip?

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Milan said:

Malia is still pissing me off, every time I see her. By the way, she is not really in command of the deck. You have a Captain and a chief officer who commands the bosun. On the series the chief officer and the engine room engineers are not in the picture because they probably need to have at least a few persons onboard that are not cry babies ad weirdos. 

I wonder if these guys also get a part of the tip?

I think Captain Lee has confirmed in the past that yes, the crew members we don't see share in the tip as well.  The ones that actually know what they're doing.  🙂

Did the one co-primary have a special kind of cast on her arm?  I was surprised to see her in the water with that thing on.

• Love 3