Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

This is true everyone has some mental and emotional baggage but with that being said that don't go on reality tv either they should have got help before they married a complete stranger.

I still think the experts deserve some responsibility in this too in that they should weed out people with big relationship issues as "not ready" for marriage.  How they let some of these people on the show is a real head scratcher as far as I'm concerned.  We already know for sure that the men last season were a total disaster from that perspective so how can we trust the experts this season either?  The experts want the audience to believe that they are on the up-and-up with their selection process, but if so they're just not very good at it, IMHO.  I don't even expect them to be great matchmakers, but I do expect them to be better judges of character.  When you see some of the crap these people pull I find it hard to believe that would escape the judges unless they really are that incompetent and easily fooled. 

• Love 6

I wonder if Atlanta has a different mix of men and women. I imagine it was hard to get the guys this year, but maybe it was even harder to get women who were not married, but wanted to be married. Just as part of the culture, it may be that women who are looking for a husband can find one more easily.

I had a boss who used a phrase that describes dealing with Ashley perfectly. It's like pushing a rope.

• Love 1

I was doing a little internet snooping this morning. Jamie Otis tweeted a link to an article on her blog (about last week's episode). To summarize her thoughts on David/Ashley in MY OWN words:

She finds it strange that David is already saying he might be in love/falling in love with Ashley and wonders how genuine it is.  She questions whether Ashley's behavior towards David is because she's caught on to something that we don't know about David (perhaps that he's a fake?). 

But what I found most interesting was the fact that Ashley liked/replied to the tweet about the article with a smiley face. Is that her passive/aggressive/"I didn't break my contract" way of saying that David IS being fake for the cameras?

• Love 3

I was doing a little internet snooping this morning. Jamie Otis tweeted a link to an article on her blog (about last week's episode). To summarize her thoughts on David/Ashley in MY OWN words:

She finds it strange that David is already saying he might be in love/falling in love with Ashley and wonders how genuine it is. She questions whether Ashley's behavior towards David is because she's caught on to something that we don't know about David (perhaps that he's a fake?).

But what I found most interesting was the fact that Ashley liked/replied to the tweet about the article with a smiley face. Is that her passive/aggressive/"I didn't break my contract" way of saying that David IS being fake for the cameras?

I barely like Jamie but I think she hit the nail on the head. something is just not right there.

Also David seemed a bit annoyed yesterday when some people were calling him out about being pushy towards Ashley. that whole situation is a big mess.

What is the truth?

They better be doing a six months later, that Kevin Frazier guy calling out these messes Iike he did last year is basically the only thing I'm looking forward too!

Yes!! Kevin was awesome as the host of that mess. Bring Kevin back! Bring Kevin back!

• Love 3

It's Tuesday, so there's going to be a lot more media today than usual. Here's ANOTHER interview with David.

http://www.theknot.com/news/married-at-first-sight-david-norton-vulnerable-3593

After reading it, I had three thoughts.

1. SHOTS FIRED!  

2. Wow, he really threw Ashley under the bus.  

3. He's pretty much confirming how they end up (as if we didn't already suspect). 

Also, there will be an interview with Sam (with TheRealMrHousewife) posted this afternoon. I'll post the link if no one else does :) 

• Love 1

Doherty’s unwillingness to answer the questions was caused by the cameras filming. “[sigh]…I don’t think the cameras or the viewers played too much into it because I tried to ask her the same questions when the cameras weren’t there, and couldn’t get a response.

Pretty much confirms that Ashley's mom is just making excuses for her daughter.

• Love 3

So they kissed off camera but she acts like he has cooties on the show? What's wrong with this chic?

Maybe that’s just me, but I don’t think it was that strange to be falling in love with your spouse if you went into this for the right reasons and gave it everything you possibly could.

Haha. He's definately throwing shade.

Because viewers have only gotten a glimpse of the Married at First Sight newlyweds, we asked Norton if he believes the show has accurately portrayed his wife. “I really do believe that the viewers are seeing a very fair representation of our marriage,” he shares. “There are only roughly 14 minutes per episode that you can see us be us, so that’s a challenge.”

He's throwing her under the bus. Well not really. We all know that's she's actually a bitch despite Mommy and Daddy blaming editing.

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 2

I don't blame David for this interview. He has to defend himself. I don't call this throwing her under the bus, Its called clarifying misconceptions.

Of course she wasn't going to do the fish bowl even off camera

• Love 7

I often forget this show is airing also on A&E now and usually end up watching the FYI one, which seems to sometimes include thoughts/recaps by Cortney and Monet (and plugs for Monet's show.) I wonder if just blogging about the show is eating at the camera loving Jamie, who is coming off a truly terrible showing on First Year. As it is I wouldn't want an endorsement from Jamie but especially now her wanting viewers to wonder about a pushy guy and off camera stuff makes me think she has her own agend that may include grinding axes.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 4

I often forget this show is airing also on A&E now and usually end up watching the FYI one, which seems to sometimes include thoughts/recaps by Cortney and Monet (and plugs for Monet's show.) I wonder if just blogging about the show is eating at the camera loving Jamie, who is coming off a truly terrible showing on First Year. As it is I wouldn't want an endorsement from Jamie but especially now her wanting viewers to wonder about a pushy guy and off camera stuff makes me think she has her own agend that may include grinding axes.

Did you see how David addressed her on twitter? She really should have stayed out of it. Saying he might be cray cray to use the L_word... #twitterbattle

Edited by ctbabe

Just Smile! ‏@iambeit  4h4 hours ago
@jamienotis I agree w/ most of what u say..& think @David_MAFS love talk simply wishful thinking. Great 2 get ur take on things @ this pt.

David Norton ‏@David_MAFS  3h3 hours ago
@iambeit @jamienotis I think this explains the love comment.  @jamienotis http://www.theknot.com/news/married-at-first-sight-david-norton-vulnerable-3593… #MAFS  Not as "cray" as u think #lame

Just Smile! ‏@iambeit  2h2 hours ago
@David_MAFS Oh, I don't think you're "cray" @ all.. if you read mine again... ..just don't want to c u get hurt.

• Love 3

I have heard that they are not together.

But I do think they are on the same page in many ways. I can really see them having the potential for a friendship if they had just met in a real world kind of way. He seems so chill I don't think the way she's behaved on the show would necessarily be a big obstacle to friendship for him.

Maybe they have been cooperating in some way with regard to how their story is being portrayed, too.

Edited by BBDi
  • Love 1

this interview confirmed what I already thought....they are still together and seem to be pretty happy. Great for them.

The way she understands money, maybe she's hoping for a "1st year" season and the accompanying paydays.

• Love 4

The way she understands money, maybe she's hoping for a "1st year" season and the accompanying paydays.

Who knows. First year didn't start airing until after their experiment was over. They probably didn't didn't know about the show before they decided to stay together. Although I'm sure none of them would turn it down if given the chance.

Oh Dear God No. This cannot be happening. It actually sounds like they are still married. I guess Neil enjoys being mistreated.

I don't believe in change that drastic in 6 weeks, or even 6 months. I don't buy it. If they do stay together, it's because Sam will be settling, as Neilm ay be at this stage the best she can do. I highly doubt that she will ever truely learn to respect and appreciate Neil. 

• Love 2

Maybe Neil put Sam in her place. Then he moved to his place.

It would be funny if the producers think they could salvage the show by NOT airing a 6 months later episode and confirming the failures. Last year, a second couple broke up and the third had to be talked into staying together.

To her credit, Sam has been quite calm and mature on social media now that the show is airing.

From her interview: "I always felt like there was no way I could ever meet a guy that wanted a lasting relationship in a bar." Insert your own drunk men in bars joke.

Edited by lordonia

Sam talks a good game.  At this point  I still see her as a wise-ass bullshitter who thinks she gets over on people.  But I will try to keep an open mind.

I could have written your post! :) Word for word. Sam is so full of shit.

Anyone catching the First Look Video Diaries with Courtney and Monet? The intro cards spell Neil, "Neal." Guy gets no respect.

Courtney makes good points. The video super-closeups of Sam and Ashley? Ay caramba!!! My eyes!

I'm starting to feel all Orwell and 1984ish. All these liars, cast and experts alike, say the right things but don't do or mean them. Up is down and left is right. Extreme wishful/fakeful thinking and pretense. Can't stand that kind of b.s.!

• Love 2

Oh, my. So much good stuff on Twitter from Sam and David last night. I don't have time to post many right now, but here's one of the more interesting ones. He is really trying to sell us something that I ain't buying, lol: 

David Norton ‏@David_MAFS  10 hours ago
Almost show time and ready 2 live tweet- this is fun. Who thinks I should keep live tweeting for #MAFSFirstYear ? #MarriedAtFirstSight #MAFS

And Sam is fed up with people giving her grief about the key:

Sam Role ‏@Sam_MAFS  5 hours ago

I GAVE HIM MINE PEOPLE- my key!!!! 

• Love 2

I think that tweet from David about tweeting First year was just sticking it to Jamie for trashing him in her blog and even when he corrected her earlier on twitter she kept up with the same tweets. Jamie likes to preach about people not understanding how hard the show is so they shouldn't tweet negatively but then puts her oar in herself about what the other couples are doing wrong because it is not the same as her journey. Jamie & David were tweeting back and forth until today's blog. These are some more replies to the earlier tweets between Davis & Jamie

Kristin smith @Ksmith122608

@jamienotis Is it possible with editing that David truly didn't say the love stuff at week 3 tbut they put it in then as if he did ?

Jamie N. Otis ‏@jamienotis 22 hours ago Sayreville, NJ

@Ksmith122608 honestly, I've never been duped like that by married at first sight. It's not that kind of show. #mafs #MarriedAtFirstSight

Kristin smith ‏@Ksmith122608 21 hours ago

@jamienotis ugh you would obv know best. Well then your blog is spot on !

Just Smile! ‏@iambeit 20 hours ago

@jamienotis I agree w/ most of what u say..& think @David_MAFS love talk simply wishful thinking. Great 2 get ur take on things @ this pt.

David Norton ‏@David_MAFS 19h19 hours ago

@iambeit @jamienotis I think this explains the love comment.  @jamienotis http://www.theknot.com/news/married-at-first-sight-david-norton-vulnerable-3593… #MAFS  Not as "cray" as u think #lame

ashley paulman ‏@ashley_paulman 12h12 hours ago

@jamienotis @David_MAFS no one should presume to know your feelings&claim we all must agree. We don't. So many r in your corner. :)

David Norton ‏@David_MAFS 12h12 hours ago

@ashley_paulman @jamienotis thanks, hey haters gonna hate right. 4 some actual insight check this out instead http://knot.ly/6017BX7bb  #mafs
View summary

ashley paulman ‏@ashley_paulman 12h12 hours ago

@David_MAFS @jamienotis And to add in the "cray cray" part is tacky and insensitive.
0 retweets 4 likes

David Norton ‏@David_MAFS 12h12 hours ago

@ashley_paulman @jamienotis I know Its cray right?

• Love 1

And Sam is fed up with people giving her grief about the key:

Sam Role ‏@Sam_MAFS  5 hours ago

I GAVE HIM MINE PEOPLE- my key!!!!

And as usual Sam Orwell employs her special talent for doublespeak, backtracking, obfuscating and rewriting history.

I don't care what kind of damage control she was yelling at on Twitter. She never offered Neil her own key on camera or gave a hint she'd be ok taking that route.

What she said to Neil (paraphrasing) was there were no extra keys, so Neil would need to coordinate with her and with Sammie the times they'd arrive home at night, so somebody would be there to let him in. Watch his face drop when she says that, too.

If he had remained at her condo, how long do you think it would have taken before "mixups" occurred, and texts and calls went unanswered, leaving Neil outside on the street waiting for someone to let him in? Night after night after night...?

• Love 7

Things are geting ugly between David & Ashley. After Mommy and Daddy, Ashley gets her best friend to do her dirty work. Below are her friend's comments on David:

12541167_10207084879392909_3880381014594

12472680_10207084883953023_2203608078549

12565400_10207084883513012_3582964738026

1910065_10207084882872996_52056704992422

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 3

No clue. I found it on a MAFS facebook group.

David actually responded and called Ashley's friend a troll. He said she wasn't at their place for more than 5mins so I could she know anything.. Ouchhhhh

• Love 2

David actually responded and called Ashley's friend a troll. He said she wasn't at their place for more than 5mins so I could she know anything.. Ouchhhhh

This is starting to get juicy like season 2. I'm so ready for shit to really go down

• Love 3

This isn't social media per se, but on marathonguide.com you can search for marathon results by name. Turns out Neil has finished 4 marathons in the last several years, between 4 and 5 hours each. Not bad. I'll bet his marriage to Sam is the biggest test of his pain endurance ever.

• Love 8

The harder Ashley's little army tries, the less likely I am to believe them. And the more suspicious I get that they are the source of the pre-show rumors about him. 

I'm starting to think the preshow stuff that came out about  David is just rumors. I would think that if the David stuff was 100% true we would have more proof about it (if that makes sense). Also if it was true, I think we would be hearing more about it in the media etc. I do think there is more to David then what he puts out on the show but I don't think it's that preseason stuff. I'm not necessarily defending Ashley but David does seem a little too perfect to me. 

Edited by wildestsdreamss

Wasn't Ashley or her mom claiming last week the editing on this show was making comments she made at her BP about strippers were made to sound like she said it about David and other editing tricks? But her new defender Jamie is saying she can't see David get a shady misleading edit "because its not that kind of show."

This thread is making me not completely hate Sam just because at least she's not trying to save herself by trashing Neil or playing Edit Victim.

• Love 1

Wasn't Ashley or her mom claiming last week the editing on this show was making comments she made at her BP about strippers were made to sound like she said it about David and other editing tricks? But her new defender Jamie is saying she can't see David get a shady misleading edit "because its not that kind of show."

This thread is making me not completely hate Sam just because at least she's not trying to save herself by trashing Neil or playing Edit Victim.

I totally agree. They blame editing when things don't go their way.

• Love 2

Wow, that Sam interview is unbelievable. I mean I literally don't believe a word of it.

#FreeNeil

I believe the part where she says what she is most looking forward to for the rest of the season is "watching my own growth" :)

Mememememe!

WRT those Facebook accusations that Ashley was cold because David acted different without the cameras -- how much time did she spend with him "acting different" or "ignoring her" off camera before their private champagne toast right after their wedding vows?  Because he was trying to be friendly and talkative then, and she was just staring at him like a zombie.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 4

I found the episode descriptions for the upcoming episodes. I guess it's considered spoilers. Really only posting because of the David/Ashley stuff.

"Making Memories" - Jan 26

Spiritual adviser Greg Epstein helps the newlyweds deepen their bonds; Neil and Samantha try to communicate better; David learns that Ashley is not physically attracted to him; Vanessa and Tres discuss the subject of children.

"Celebrations" -  Feb 2

Tres' friendship with another woman causes feelings of insecurity for Vanessa; Samantha spends time with Neil's friends; Ashley learns that David is sending text messages to another woman.

"Intimacy Part 2" - Feb 9

Ashley needs time alone after learning that her husband texted another woman; David turns to his brother for support and visits his father's grave; Tres and Vanessa make an attempt at romance; Neil and Samantha move into a new home

"Last Chance at Romance" - Feb 16

An unexpected turn cuts short Tres and Vanessa's romantic getaway; Neil's absence causes Samantha to realize how much she misses him; David works to save his shaky marriage to Ashley.

"Final Decisions" - Feb 23

As the six-week social experiment comes to a close, the newlyweds must decide whether to stay together or end their marriages.

https://www.google.com/search?q=married+at+first+sight&rlz=1CAACAJ_enUS651US651&oq=mar&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60j69i59l2j69i60l2.1106j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=married+at+first+sight+celebrations&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgFuLWz9U3MDQ0zEhPq1Ti1U_XNzRMqkg3NsguKNCSyk620i8pA6L4gqL89KLEXKvUgszi_JTUYgBM1b_oOgAAAA

I am kind of LOL'ing at Ashley giving two shits about David texting another woman....to the point where she "needs time alone." Hmm. Okay. Not that I'm condoning cheating, but girl, you don't want him. I'd think she'd be relieved that she has an out now. Well, an "out" in terms of a reason instead of her just not being into it if she thinks that isn't reason enough.

And Neil going somewhere (another fight? Business trip?) makes Sam realize how much she misses him. Alright then.

• Love 3

So is David texting or sexting? Anyway, at least David has tried to point out that Ashley is slightly less horrible off-camera. All Ashley's friends have done is try to say that MAFS managed to exactly edit out every bit of David being bad and edited in every time Ashley was a cold fish. I notice Ashley's complaints were never about David ignoring her or being on his phone during conversations. Her problems are that David is invading her personal space because he's still a stranger.

• Love 2

This is the first MAFS season I have watched.  While both Ashley and Sam are pills, neither guy is a prince.  David gives me the creeps - he seems so fake, so insincere, such a manipulator.  Even though Ashley is super cold and comes off as a bitch, I scream "RUN" every time David pulls one of his super sensitive nice guy routines.  Neal/Neil seems like he's playing to the camera but I don't get creep vibe from him. Sam though, needs to grow up.  Tres and Vanessa seem like a good match and I hope her insecurities and hang-ups don't torpedo the relationship.

• Love 3

I found the episode descriptions for the upcoming episodes. I guess it's considered spoilers. Really only posting because of the David/Ashley stuff.

"Making Memories" - Jan 26

Spiritual adviser Greg Epstein helps the newlyweds deepen their bonds; Neil and Samantha try to communicate better; David learns that Ashley is not physically attracted to him; Vanessa and Tres discuss the subject of children.

"Celebrations" - Feb 2

Tres' friendship with another woman causes feelings of insecurity for Vanessa; Samantha spends time with Neil's friends; Ashley learns that David is sending text messages to another woman.

"Intimacy Part 2" - Feb 9

Ashley needs time alone after learning that her husband texted another woman; David turns to his brother for support and visits his father's grave; Tres and Vanessa make an attempt at romance; Neil and Samantha move into a new home

"Last Chance at Romance" - Feb 16

An unexpected turn cuts short Tres and Vanessa's romantic getaway; Neil's absence causes Samantha to realize how much she misses him; David works to save his shaky marriage to Ashley.

"Final Decisions" - Feb 23

As the six-week social experiment comes to a close, the newlyweds must decide whether to stay together or end their marriages.

https://www.google.com/search?q=married+at+first+sight&rlz=1CAACAJ_enUS651US651&oq=mar&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60j69i59l2j69i60l2.1106j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=married+at+first+sight+celebrations&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgFuLWz9U3MDQ0zEhPq1Ti1U_XNzRMqkg3NsguKNCSyk620i8pA6L4gqL89KLEXKvUgszi_JTUYgBM1b_oOgAAAA

I am kind of LOL'ing at Ashley giving two shits about David texting another woman....to the point where she "needs time alone." Hmm. Okay. Not that I'm condoning cheating, but girl, you don't want him. I'd think she'd be relieved that she has an out now. Well, an "out" in terms of a reason instead of her just not being into it if she thinks that isn't reason enough.

And Neil going somewhere (another fight? Business trip?) makes Sam realize how much she misses him. Alright then.

Why would they need 3 episodes for a txt msg, if she doesn't care? This is a get out of jail card for her. I do believe a lot of things happened when the camera wasn't there. Ashley cares but is stuck on the 'type'. If I were David, I would stick in there, collect my pay and get out.

• Love 2

Sam is finally showing her true colors on twitter

Sam Role ‏@Sam_MAFS  11h11 hours ago

@freedomforme angry losers living vicariously through their TVs while we live our real lives.

Sam Role ‏@Sam_MAFS  19h19 hours ago

Sam Role Retweeted Shelley G
People do me a favor- clean your ears before you watch! I DID NOT CALL HIM FAKE- I SAID WHAT HE SAID SOUNDED FAKE

Sam Role ‏@Sam_MAFS  12h12 hours ago

thanks! You seem awful too from what I'm reading. Maybe I shouldn't judge u clearly haven't read previous tweets 
felecia @feefee221
@Sam_MAFS I don't think Sam knows  hateful she is. She is a aweful person. Neil run. She needs to find her identity. She is sick.

Sam Role ‏@Sam_MAFS  12h12 hours ago

I could say something like you need a  life, but that's not classy so... Sorry you feel that way honey. Besitos to u 
Rishima @rishimanyc
@Sam_MAFS she needs mental psychological help -not get married to a stranger.

like I care!!! Break me down!! oh honey none of you will ever break me! ✌ 
nick bush @76_bush
@c_meisenzahl @Sam_MAFS She deserves the heat, good thing she has tough skin because Facebook will break her down, 99% of the people hater

I don't care what you say. I'll just be laughing at you all in the end! Lol I signed up for it! But not bullying! ✌ 
Monica McKenzie @MonicaMcKenzi15
@Sam_MAFS Sam we can only comment on what we see and that's how horrible you treat Neil. If you didn't want to be judged then don't go on tv
Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 2

If, for reasons I will never understand, Neil stays with Sam, he may spend the rest of his days trying to avoid doing anything that will detonate the hot mess he's hitched to. What if they have children? A very scary prospect. jmho

• Love 2

Sam Role Verified account
‏@Sam_MAFS

They threatened to shoot me!!! Wtf people?!? I have a 9mm I sleep with under my bed now. No threats! Not ok!!!

Yikes she has a gun within easy reach during her grumpy wake up period every morning maybe that is why Neil moved out he wanted to live, I know I would be afraid (I am only half kidding)

• Love 6