Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

WHY was Sam sitting like that with her legs cocked open in those teeny shorts? What the hell?

I thought the exact same thing. Have some respect for yourself and your husband, Sam, and don't sit like that in front of ANYONE... but especially men. 

• Love 3

It's so funny that David's sister and friends are all excited for this episode.

@Cair_7118

I'm so excited for tonight's episode of #MarriedAtFirstSight it's going to be a good one.

Team David are really excited for tonight so I am wondering if this txtgate is a setup.

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 3

Am I interpreting this part of Neil's interview correctly?  Is he blaming himself and his "poor communication skills" for the fight where Sam threw him out of her condo?  If so, Neil, don't do that!

I've said from the beginning that Neil is passive agressive and sarcastic but that doesn't give Sam the right to treat him like shit. But what I get from the interview is that he's probably mind fucked and decided to stay with her. 

• Love 2

I surprisingly liked what Jamie wrote. And I'm excited for the interviews. Even though I don't particularly like her, I think she won't be afraid to ask some hard-hitting questions.

BTW: I've never even heard that there were rumors that Vanessa was pregnant. That came out of nowhere when I read that part lol

Edited by floridaskixx

Interesting bit from Jamie's article (about Ashley):

To be honest, she is probably the most ‘normal’ person to ever be part of Married At First Sight which is probably why it’s so tough for her to handle it

And not that it's surprising, but I think there's not doubt Ashley and David won't make it.

• Love 1

Interesting bit from Jamie's article (about Ashley):

And not that it's surprising, but I think there's not doubt Ashley and David won't make it.

There's nothing "normal" about Ashley just like there was nothing "normal" about Sean. Both were the shittiest contestants ever IMO.

Ashley is a stuck up bitch that isn't even attempting to be just friends with David. The way she flinched when David tried to confort her during Dr C's therapy session is not "normal.". It was rude and that was the true Ashley.

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 11

David is joking about the "other woman" message on Twitter so, yeah, looks like it will be nothing:

David Norton

David Norton – Verified account ‏@David_MAFS

WAIT WHAT!? We have 2 wait another week 2 find out about the message- not fair @FYI @AETV #MarriedAtFirstSight #MAFS

Also, according to David's Twitter, Ashley's "friends" were invited but didn't show. (Maybe they're still mad about not getting to see the male strippers!)

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 3

"He's been married to a statute" is another good one....

I'm sorry, but if you watch these episodes again, you will see that David is shooting himself in the foot every single time he gets near Ashley. He has the power to fix it, but he refuses.

Watch again: Every time he touches her, he expects an instant response from her and if he doesn't get it he immediately starts complaining.

Watch again: Every time he touches her, he immediately starts pushing her as far as he possibly can. Nothing is ever enough. She knows that if she responds in the slightest - if she gives him an inch - he'll take a hundred million miles.

Watch again: Every time she does try to speak, he immediately talks over her and shuts her down. He' s incredibly rude about this.

I'm sorry, but I've been around guys like David. It's enough to make anyone shut down. You CAN'T respond because you will get bulldozed if you do - him throwing Ashley on the bed when she clearly wasn't ready for it was the perfect example of that. She doesn't want that, so she freezes up and backs up and hopes he'll take the hint. But guys like David never take hints.

I can only imagine what he does when the cameras aren't around. I guarantee you, that's why Ashley doesn't stay there at night.

Guys like David think they're being "nice" and "patient," but the truth is they have no patience at all. They honestly believe they should get instant results because that's the way it works, and become extremely angry and frustrated when they don't get them. They never look to themselves as the problem but always, always blame the woman.

I have no doubt that David thought he'd be set up with an instant bride and would therefore get the instant results that he thinks are normal. If these dumbass "experts" would explain to him that instant results are NOT normal among women, unless you're paying a hooker for them, maybe he'd get the idea and show some real patience and allow things to progress more normally.

Ashley has no idea how to deal with him and just hopes he'll get the hint if she doesn't respond. Of course, he gets no hint at all but just pushes and bitches and blames her more, so we're off and running in the vicious circle. She would have to give him the equivalent of verbal 2x4s to get him to back off, shut up, and listen, and then give him step by tiny little step on how to actually approach and touch a live woman so she'll open up - but he'd never go for that. 

Sorry, but his pushiness and subsequent whining and complaining when pushiness doesn't work are the world's biggest turnoffs. He could make anyone shut down. I hope he learns something from this but I really, really doubt it.

• Love 4

By the way, I saw David and Ashley's house listed on Atlanta Air BnB! I recognized the cash register in the kitchen.

Taking this from the episode discussion...I'm not sure how to look for Air BnB listings, but I'm wondering if all the houses used by the couples are on there?  Anybody familiar with how those things work?  Temporary housing I think, but I'm not sure.

• Love 1

I saw on another forum that Tres posted on Twitter that he in fact has 20 female friends. Ok stud muffin go sit down.

The fact that he COUNTS his female friends is so bizarre. I have never sat down and counted my male friends.

• Love 4

This is going to come off as very shallow and maybe it is but I think that when these couples were chosen to marry a stranger and live with them for six weeks, I would probably try to put on my best face and my best physical appearance not only for the cameras and viewers but for the person that I'm marrying.

Samantha doesn't have a physical attraction for Neil just as Ashley doesn't have the physical attraction to David. That's alright because there doesn't have to be an instant physical attraction in order for love to grow between couples. It's been proven thousands of times with marriages that have been arranged marriages, like Neil's parents, and yet really do work in the long run. I only think that Neil could have maybe taken the grade 4 motor oil out of his hair and had it washed and styled professionally to look softer and less severe. In some of his photos he looks intimidating and yet he's such a meek and mellow guy. Appearances ARE important to attraction of course! Samantha could comb her hair once in a while or wear it tied back like it was in the gym. She always looks like she just doesn't give two craps about what she looks like on the outside. People are attracted first with their eyes and if someone is totally turned off by someone's appearance they'll turn them out like a cheesy television show.

I'm sorry Neil but a bride doesn't want humor on the first night they share a bed. Oh I know, you thought that wearing the 'onesie' would make her laugh and break the ice, but I think all it did was make you look like a crazy man. Samantha is the kind of woman that wants a man that's more masculine than she is. Neil and Samantha could have benefited a lot by hiring a personal consultant before the wedding day.

28at47c.jpg

• Love 1

Taking this from the episode discussion...I'm not sure how to look for Air BnB listings, but I'm wondering if all the houses used by the couples are on there?  Anybody familiar with how those things work?  Temporary housing I think, but I'm not sure.

That was me!  I was searching last night for properties in the ATL for an upcoming girls' weekend and thought the outside looked familiar.  All of the photos of the interiors confirmed it, complete with cash register and piano in the corner.  I didn't notice the other two couples' homes, but there's are less distinctive looking.  They may have used a variety of sources to find temporary housing.  But you can rent (some) Air BnB properties for extended amounts of time, and I did notice other listings that specifically mentioned using it as a filming location or event space. 

Here's the listing, if I find the other two I'll post them -- https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6574215?checkin=03%2F05%2F2016&checkout=03%2F07%2F2016&guests=2&s=OvJkEgix

Edited by Nancybeth
  • Love 3

Oh thank you!  I tried to look the the Air BandB site myself but couldn't find anything!

I did think this little note in the listing for David and Ashley's "home" was interesting.  I guess pets allowed only if you are going to bring cameras too!

Sorry, no pets.

I saw on another forum that Tres posted on Twitter that he in fact has 20 female friends. Ok stud muffin go sit down.

Ugh this guy is such idiot. After bragging about his partiying and being a player, he's bragging about all the "Jenna's" he has? I now see why he was single. He is so lame. i don't see any woman with any kind of sense staying with such an inconsiderate tool. 

• Love 3

The fact that he is bragging about the number of "female friends" he has, makes me think they are jump offs and side chicks, rather then platonic buddies.

He'll say insensitive shit like this then he's gonna play dumb: "I did nothing wrong and Vanessa is mean being she wants to build me into a perfect man". 

Also, I consider myself fairly sociable and open person but even I don't have 20 female friends. What does Tres have in common with these "friends" besides drinking and possibly sex? Yeah, nothing at all. 

• Love 5

And that he still claims them indicates to me that he is single. I think he is handsome, I love his funny flirty personality, but I don't think he is husband material for Vanessa. She is seeing things and picking up vibes we aren't privy to i think. I hate that because I like them. Maybe the #blacklove ladies and experts will come see Vanessa next season.

• Love 4

Um... insulting someone by saying they caused the recent death of her own beloved grandmother is pretty low --but Sam was foolish to respond to it and even more foolish to show everyone how vulgar she can be.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 7

Ugh this guy is such idiot. After bragging about his partiying and being a player, he's bragging about all the "Jenna's" he has? I now see why he was single. He is so lame. i don't see any woman with any kind of sense staying with such an inconsiderate tool.

• Love 1

Sorry, I meant to reply to Moonxyz's post...

You've captured my thoughts on Tres. Throughout the season he has sent up major red flags for me too. Vanessa's lack of maturity in some areas does not mean she is wrong on this point. 20+ close female friends would be a non starter for me. And, the fact that he would tweet that with such little self awareness is baffling.

• Love 5

She is pathetic and her behaviour on Twitter is proof that her portrayal on the show was pretty on point, she's a bully. That said, Mrs. Ott is deserving what comes to her. It's cruel to blame Sam for her grandma's death.

The simple fact is that Samantha has no class whatsoever. I can't believe she's manager of any bank, she's just too crass and classless. It's obvious in everything she says and does. Neil has way too much class for her. She's immature and has a big attitude problem. Someone needs to knock that chip off her shoulder.

• Love 8

The simple fact is that Samantha has no class whatsoever. I can't believe she's manager of any bank, she's just too crass and classless. It's obvious in everything she says and does. Neil has way too much class for her. She's immature and has a big attitude problem. Someone needs to knock that chip off her shoulder.

I believe it. Being an asshole helps setting you up for leadership positions. That said, I kinda get your point, she can't fake a bit of decorum to save her life... This won't end well. She says she's a changed person, but she really isn't. Even though Neil is not my cup of tea I fell sorry for him. He's a doormat who puts up with her because all he cares about is having a wife. Whether the wife is worth it or not is an afterthought for him.

• Love 3

So David's sister says she's keeping her opinion to herself for now and then sends out how many tweets knocking Ashley? Just like her bro.

I don't blame her. If someone was treating my brother like crap, of course I would have a lot to say. Especially if the person has ZERO self awareness and is still throwing shades.

• Love 9

I don't blame her. If someone was treating my brother like crap, of course I would have a lot to say. Especially if the person has ZERO self awareness and is still throwing shades.

Not blaming anyone.  Just pointing out the hypocrisy.  David has these great talking points that he contradicts with his words and actions.  His sister in a span of a few tweets does the exact same thing. 

• Love 1

Not blaming anyone.  Just pointing out the hypocrisy.  David has these great talking points that he contradicts with his words and actions.  His sister in a span of a few tweets does the exact same thing.

The talking points happens to be 100% true. David is alright. I don't know why you keep on defending the behavior of this skank.

• Love 2

Not blaming anyone. Just pointing out the hypocrisy. David has these great talking points that he contradicts with his words and actions. His sister in a span of a few tweets does the exact same thing.

Ashley is the definition of hypocrisy. Her body language never matches her words. Let's be very careful before we start poin ting fingers. Ashley started the shades throwing last night. Posting encrypted tweet and liking terrible post about David. Her friend, Ashley Houser started throwing shade on the first episode. Asking people to search Google for the rumor. I always have the screenshot.

It's ok to be a supersupporter but let's try to be fair.

BTW Ashley and Sam need to always remember that whatever they say on SM would be quickly screenshot and used against them in the public opinion court.

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 5

The talking points happens to be 100% true. David is alright. I don't know why you keep on defending the behavior of this skank.

Skank? Ashley is anything but promiscuous.  You don't like her.  There are many posters who also don't like her.  I don't care either way but I feel no reason to point out any of her flaws since there are enough posts about it already.  I point out David's falseness and hypocrisy since few posts address that.

• Love 2

Skank? Ashley is anything but promiscuous.  You don't like her.  There are many posters who also don't like her.  I don't care either way but I feel no reason to point out any of her flaws since there are enough posts about it already.  I point out David's falseness and hypocrisy since few posts address that.

Do you know Ashley personally? Are you Ashley? Fine, I take it back. She's not a skank. She is definitely a psycho bitch.

• Love 2

Ashley is the definition of hypocrisy. Her body language never matches her words. Let's be very careful before we start poin ting fingers. Ashley started the shades throwing last night. Posting encrypted tweet and liking terrible post about David. Her friend, Ashley Houser started throwing shade on the first episode. Asking people to search Google for the rumor. I always have the screenshot.

It's ok to be a supersupporter but let's try to be fair.

BTW Ashley and Sam need to always remember that whatever they say on SM would be quickly screenshot and used against in the public opinion court.

"Let's be very careful?"  Hoo-boy.

I can point out David's and his sister's "missteps" (as I perceive them) without pointing out anyone else's. I didn't see Ashley's tweets.  Just what was posted above. I am not following any of these people on Twitter.  I am not a super supporter of anyone let alone anyone on this show.

"let's try to be fair" Does that translate to only bash Ashley and Sam and point out how ugly they are and how crappy their personalities are?

• Love 1

Do you know Ashley personally? Are you Ashley? Fine, I take it back. She's not a skank. She is definitely a psycho bitch.

Wow. No I don't. But she has not exhibited any promiscuous behavior on this show and many posters have called her out for being frigid.  I don't see a reason for such vitriol or vulgar name calling.  It's a TV show.  Doesn't impact my life directly.

• Love 4

That's why it baffles me so much when says he has 20+ female friends and there are still people in this thread praising him and trying to make Vanessa the evil witch. LIke she was hella immature this ep, but something just seems so off in general about Tres.

• Love 4

Wow. No I don't. But she has not exhibited any promiscuous behavior on this show and many posters have called her out for being frigid.  I don't see a reason for such vitriol or vulgar name calling.  It's a TV show.  Doesn't impact my life directly.

This is a message board about a reality show. Why can't we state the truth? She is frigid. She's the ice queen.

• Love 6

"Let's be very careful?" Hoo-boy.

I can point out David's and his sister's "missteps" (as I perceive them) without pointing out anyone else's. I didn't see Ashley's tweets. Just what was posted above. I am not following any of these people on Twitter. I am not a super supporter of anyone let alone anyone on this show.

"let's try to be fair" Does that translate to only bash Ashley and Sam and point out how ugly they are and how crappy their personalities are?

The funny thing is I have never bashed Ashley or Sam. I don't believe in putting one person down to make the other feel good. All I am saying is if you are going to trash David's family member, you have to make sure Ashley's family member aren't guilty of the same.

BTW why would you even bring David's sister into this conversation? She isn't a cast member.

• Love 3

This is a message board about a reality show. Why can't we state the truth? She is frigid. She's the ice queen.

Yes it is. And it's for open discussion, sharing of opinions and snark.  I don't see a reason for vulgar name calling such as 'skank' but you see differently.

This site has one major rule: don't be rude to your fellow posters.

There's already been one reminder today, this is #2.

Be respectful of others and their opinions, and feel free to use the Ignore function.

• Love 1