Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

The funny thing is I have never bashed Ashley or Sam. I don't believe in putting one person down to make the other feel good. All I am saying is if you are going to trash David's family member, you have to make sure Ashley's family member aren't guilty of the same.

BTW why would you even bring David's sister into this conversation? She isn't a cast member.

I didn't trash anyone BTW. 

I pointed out that David's sister was behaving the same way as David. Another poster had posted screenshots of his sister's tweets where she contradicted herself in matter of a few tweets.

I didn't bring his sister into anything. Just replying to what was posted. BTW.

I didn't trash anyone BTW.

I pointed out that David's sister was behaving the same way as David. Another poster had posted screenshots of his sister's tweets where she contradicted herself in matter of a few tweets.

I didn't bring his sister into anything. Just replying to what was posted. BTW.

OK. Since you are not on twitter, let me tell u what happened on twitter ystrday. I think Carrie wasn't planning to say anything until Ashley posted a shade. I have the screenshot but I can't post pictures on this page.

• Love 2

That's why it baffles me so much when says he has 20+ female friends and there are still people in this thread praising him and trying to make Vanessa the evil witch. LIke she was hella immature this ep, but something just seems so off in general about Tres.

he did say most of them were married/in a relationship etc.....apparently Jenna is dating one of his friends. My guess is he still hangs with the same set of people he went to college with.

Vanessa's reaction was childish but she has a right to feel someway about that girl. I'm not even insecure but I didn't get the best vibe from Jenna.

• Love 4

Yes it is. And it's for open discussion, sharing of opinions and snark.  I don't see a reason for vulgar name calling such as 'skank' but you see differently.

Because Ashley is such a horrible person. She deserves the hate she is getting. Notice how nobody is calling Vanessa horrible names? Why do you think that is?

• Love 4

This is a message board about a reality show. Why can't we state the truth? She is frigid. She's the ice queen.

Ashley may come off as 'frigid' to you, or stand-offish to some, but maybe Ashley needs a little break here. I think the problem lies with the so-called 'experts' that vetted all the candidates for the show and ended up pairing Ashley and David. They were totally off base matching these two personalities, which are as different as day and night. Perhaps they really believed that opposites attract and in this case, they couldn't be more wrong. Ashley is the type of person that needs a different approach to warm her up than the approach David is using. If someone comes at her fiercely as he has, she automatically deflects. If he had taken a different approach, one of more indifference then I think that Ashley wouldn't have been so afraid to reveal her true personality. She needs patience, which David doesn't have. He pushes too hard and with a woman like Ashley, if she's pushed she'll either retreat entirely or push back hard.

• Love 1

Ashley may come off as 'frigid' to you, or stand-offish to some, but maybe Ashley needs a little break here. I think the problem lies with the so-called 'experts' that vetted all the candidates for the show and ended up pairing Ashley and David. They were totally off base matching these two personalities, which are as different as day and night. Perhaps they really believed that opposites attract and in this case, they couldn't be more wrong. Ashley is the type of person that needs a different approach to warm her up than the approach David is using. If someone comes at her fiercely as he has, she automatically deflects. If he had taken a different approach, one of more indifference then I think that Ashley wouldn't have been so afraid to reveal her true personality. She needs patience, which David doesn't have. He pushes too hard and with a woman like Ashley, if she's pushed she'll either retreat entirely or push back hard.

She voluntarily signed up for the show. David had been anything but aggresive. She doesn't like David so patience would get him nowhere. Besides they only have 6 weeks. How patient do you expect him to be? All she has to do is be nice to him.

• Love 14

Jamie's BTS interviews. I feel sorry for people that actually took journalism studies.  Losing job opportunities to attention seeking cysts like Jamie. 

This brings up a couple of thoughts:

American pop-culture focus is more on celebrity than experience/knowledge.  

It is more important to have friends in production than experience/knowledge.

Jamie has worked hard to be a z-list reality TV  personality and is enjoying every bit of fame she collects.  Her preparation of expressions is more important to her than her preparation to uncover/expose information.

• Love 5

She voluntarily signed up for the show. David had been anything but aggresive. She doesn't like David so patience would get him nowhere. Besides they only have 6 weeks. How patient do you expect him to be? All she has to do is be nice to him.

Precisely. Ashley is not some innocent victim plucked from the ether and put on TV against her will. I haven't seen anyone who thinks David is perfect, or even a great guy (unless they're using big air quotes). That doesn't take away from the awfulness that is Ashley. I haven't been following the tweets re: her and David but hopefully she is privately encouraging her family to stay out of it, because it only makes her look petty. It's always better to take the high road and realize, "I'm in the public eye, I did things that look bitchy on camera, people are judging what they see."

• Love 8

You know, I finally put my finger about what has been bugging me about Tres.  I feel that he is playing with Vanessa and is not sincere.  This does not mean he is a horrible person or that he is treating her badly.  However, I think Vanessa is scared to really fall for him because of it.

Can you imagine if Vanessa was matched up with the other two guys?  They might not be as good looking as Tres, but both really wanted to be married.

• Love 2

"Can you imagine if Vanessa was matched up with the other two guys? They might not be as good looking as Tres, but both really wanted to be married"

No I cant. For whatever reasons, this show does not allow blacks to be paired with other races.

• Love 1

He posted it on Twitter. It's still there

Was it a response to someone asking him about his friends? I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY do not see the big deal with someone saying they have 20 female friends. How is this evidence of assholery? We don't know what he considers a friend. I'm really kind of shocked that people in 2016 think there is something immediately suspect about a man and woman being platonic friends. Y'all - why put all these limits on your life?? 

• Love 9

Tres is a saleman....

It has been interesting to see that they say Luxury Car Salesman.  As if that is different than  a Car Salesman.

Certainly this will improve his sales, but............

Jaclyn's character used her experience to promote the liquor company see worked for, and worked hard for product placement on the show.  Tres character gets his product out there every time he and Vanessa take a little drive on the show.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 1

I think he is a poor communicator in that he doesn't adapt his communication style to suit the situation. Being understated might work in some situations, but not with someone as clueless and brash as Sam. He needs to be more assertive.

If Neil was more assertive then Sam would be even worse then what we have seen. Being more assertive with a person like her is not the best thing to do sadly. The best thing is to get a way from her and not look back before she beats him down to nothing. The girl needs to go get help for her abusive issues if she ever wants to really be married.

• Love 6

this is the only realty show i have ever watched.  fascinated by it

i do not do facebook nor twitter. the one time I tried to see Ashleys facebook, there was a notice that all negative comments would be deleted.

can those of you who mention seeing something on twitter either give the link or paste it in?

• Love 1

I think Ashley was told to crouch by David and then she was smashed in in by all his friends, who seem to be having a really good time.

They actually make an attractive couple together, so it is easy to be fooled by pictures.  Also, that does pic does not jive with Ashley "I was isolated and alone" view of things.  Maybe she only meant the day party?

• Love 1

I think Ashley was told to crouch by David and then she was smashed in in by all his friends, who seem to be having a really good time.

They actually make an attractive couple together, so it is easy to be fooled by pictures.  Also, that does pic does not jive with Ashley "I was isolated and alone" view of things.  Maybe she only meant the day party?

It's pretty hard to look "isolated" while smushed into a large group picture ;)

• Love 1

"Can you imagine if Vanessa was matched up with the other two guys? They might not be as good looking as Tres, but both really wanted to be married"

No I cant. For whatever reasons, this show does not allow blacks to be paired with other races.

The experts suggested that a lot of the black men applying for the show specifically didn't want to matched with black women. Have you seen that sentiment where you're from?

Jamie's BTS interviews. I feel sorry for people that actually took journalism studies.  Losing job opportunities to attention seeking cysts like Jamie. 

Damn, Jamie is aging quickly.

Those friends are actually stated as being the Married At First Sight Production Crew ;) 

by the comments it looks like they had their party and then went out with the crew later that night.  Makes me wonder if the other couples were there too?  They all live in Atlanta, right?

Here is the link to Tres' Twitter account. He's been posting a lot today about his female friend/friends:

https://twitter.com/Tres_MAFS

Shut up Tres

I feel terrible for some of the things I see you all saying to all 3 of these girls, not just my wife. They are all AMAZING women.

Bullshit. i'm starting to believe that every single thing this guy says is a lie. There's nothing amazing about Sam or Ashley. 

• Love 4

Thanks for posting these! I have never heard of Jamie.  Is she from a prior year of MAFS?

I think Ashley explained it well when she said that she opened up to David about her feelings and he 'yes butted" her every time.  I think he's too busy getting ready to answer and he's not really listening.  He might want to work on that in the future.

• Love 4

Was it a response to someone asking him about his friends? I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY do not see the big deal with someone saying they have 20 female friends. How is this evidence of assholery? We don't know what he considers a friend. I'm really kind of shocked that people in 2016 think there is something immediately suspect about a man and woman being platonic friends. Y'all - why put all these limits on your life?? 

Whilst I'm still not sure whether Tres is ready for lifetime monogamy I also think he gets a really rough deal here. He's a very good communicator and has been nothing but patient and kind towards Vanessa. She treated one of his best friends (long before Vanessa came on the scene) really appallingly and he didn't even call her out on her bullshit.

The player genes might flare up again down the road, but for the moment he's really doing nothing wrong and I don't think there's a malicious bone in his body.

• Love 6

I'm guessing it wasn't a work related text?? 

Tres can say Ashley and Sam are lovely, but he's not in a relationship with them. His opinion would be different if he was at the mercy of a raging narcissist or living with a robot.

• Love 5

Vanessa defended the two women as well. I think being at the end of some stick yourself can make you too empathic and understanding sometimes. Tres/Vanessa see themselves in Sam, when in truth they couldn't be any more different. There's not showing important scenes and showing scenes out of context - and then there's Sam Role whose behavior reaks of bullying, no matter which context you apply.

• Love 4

Patience. Hastiness. Different approach. Same approach. Less hypocrisy. More hypocrisy. BAH, HUMBUG! 

Ashley rejected David from MINUTE ONE. NOTHING she has done or expressed FROM THAT MINUTE has wavered from that initial reaction. She's been a veritable hobgoblin of consistency!

Anyway, why should David change for her, and not vice-versa? That's correct: Neither "needs" to. They, as the others, were matched "'as is." So be it!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 8

This franchise needs a lot of things, but it does not need more Jaime.

She's gonna milk it so she can secure the first "divorced after marrying at first sight because I need my 15 minutes" series!

• Love 5

I don't know where you're getting this from. All that was said was that he asked a woman to go for a drink with him. This could have been a friend that he already knew. Nothing was said about him going out and trying to pick up a woman. There was also nothing about it being "the night before". We'll have to wait until next week to see what it's actually about.

She says, "I got a call last night that you asked a woman out for drinks." Which by the way, if they live together, why did she have to wait until the next day to ask him about it? No spoilers in the article below.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3428206/Married-Sight-star-refuses-kiss-unattractive-husband-five-weeks-marriage-accuses-cheating-asking-girl-drinks.html

Also, I went back and looked at the Coupling episode and it was so apropos for MAFS. Maybe Tres should have said Jenna was a lesbian like Patrick did, lol.

Starts at 7:20 http://youtu.be/iKM54isGZlE

Has anyone checked out Vanessa's web site? It's http://she-spark.com. Interesting stuff there.

Long story short, I snooped around and discovered that the mailing address for the "she-spark" office is Vanessa's old apartment. Then, today I read the following quote (emphasis mine) in a newsletter she sent out to those of us who joined her mailing list (this came out in late December, I believe):

"It’s great to think about what you want to achieve, improve and change but don’t leave the value of 2015 behind. Think about a couple of instances where you really stretched yourself and grew. How can you carry those things into the New Year and push your 2016 resolutions into overdrive. For myself, I learned to trust my gut and intuition above anything else.  By remembering this as a golden nugget of 2015, I decided to let that be my motto for the New Year. I also learned how to have a thicker skin and not let the opinions of others define me. By taking this into 2016, I feel more capable of putting myself out there, getting out of my comfort zone and trying new things. Each year we get better, wiser and full of experiences."

Was her gut telling her something was off or insincere about Tres?  Is she putting herself "out there" in the dating scene again?

I'm so glad this show is almost over - just two more regular episodes and then the final decisions. They haven't posted when they'll be airing the six month follow-up, as far as I know. Has anyone heard anything about it? 

ETA, FWIW: Her website went active in November 2015 from what I can tell (or shortly before; her first blog post was in November). She is NOT wearing a wedding ring in the video intro she shot.

Edited by BonnieLass
  • Love 5

Has anyone checked out Vanessa's web site? It's http://she-spark.com. Interesting stuff there.

Long story short, I snooped around and discovered that the mailing address for the "she-spark" office is Vanessa's old apartment. Then, today I read the following quote (emphasis mine) in a newsletter she sent out to those of us who joined her mailing list (this came out in late December, I believe):

"It’s great to think about what you want to achieve, improve and change but don’t leave the value of 2015 behind. Think about a couple of instances where you really stretched yourself and grew. How can you carry those things into the New Year and push your 2016 resolutions into overdrive. For myself, I learned to trust my gut and intuition above anything else. By remembering this as a golden nugget of 2015, I decided to let that be my motto for the New Year. I also learned how to have a thicker skin and not let the opinions of others define me. By taking this into 2016, I feel more capable of putting myself out there, getting out of my comfort zone and trying new things. Each year we get better, wiser and full of experiences."

Was her gut telling her something was off or insincere about Tres? Is she putting herself "out there" in the dating scene again?

I'm so glad this show is almost over - just two more regular episodes and then the final decisions. They haven't posted when they'll be airing the six month follow-up, as far as I know. Has anyone heard anything about it?

ETA, FWIW: Her website went active in November 2015 from what I can tell (or shortly before; her first blog post was in November). She is NOT wearing a wedding ring in the video intro she shot.

The way his family profess their love for her on SM I doubt that they are divorced.

The way his family profess their love for her on SM I doubt that they are divorced.

I hope they're still together! It would be nice to get at least one more couple out of this train wreck of a show (lol). Sam is dropping heavy hints that she and Neil are still together, so maybe we'll get two this year.

Lord, if that happens, can you just imagine the egos of some of the experts? Their hats won't fit 'em anymore.

• Love 2

I hope they're still together! It would be nice to get at least one more couple out of this train wreck of a show (lol). Sam is dropping heavy hints that she and Neil are still together, so maybe we'll get two this year.

Lord, if that happens, can you just imagine the egos of some of the experts? Their hats won't fit 'em anymore.

Yea Sam and Neil are Definitely still together. Which explains That tweet Dr. Logan tweeted while she was suppose to be in Atlanta for the reunion about being right or whatever.

Yea Sam and Neil are Definitely still together. Which explains That tweet Dr. Logan tweeted while she was suppose to be in Atlanta for the reunion about being right or whatever.

According to a source I have that should reliable they are not together. The only way this source would be wrong if it was intentionally misleading. I can't say anything more about where I got the spoiler, but I choose to believe they are not together because the alternative is too awful to consider.

• Love 4

According to a source I have that should reliable they are not together. The only way this source would be wrong if it was intentionally misleading. I can't say anything more about where I got the spoiler, but I choose to believe they are not together because the alternative is too awful to consider.

What did the reliable source say abt the other couple

re blacks and whites - the Au show has one success couple much in love - he white, she is Ethiopian was adopted as  baby by an Aussie couple

Race never seemed a problem tho she was not crazy about him at first they are much in love, she moved to live with him, they had a miscarriage and are going strong sweet

I don't see why they could not have mixed couples...what honestly freaks me out bout this show is no offense to Indians (India) but they are a small part of the population yet 3 people on this show were Indian or 1/2 Indian - which I think does have to do with their tradition of arranged marriages. Isn't it odd that 3 people would be Indian?

They had an Indian couple on "arranged" show and  a "romany" cuuple who are also ethnically Indian - which was 2 couples out of 3...again I think it is their background. Now..JMO - I would prefer an African American - keyword Amercan - match than an Indian match cause I think their culture is very male dominated

and just so different (religion, food, culture, etc). For example they expect wife to move in with hubby family and be with them a lot.

I am white (don't hate) LOL...and I would not want to be matched to an Irish guy from Ireland (My own heritage) as they are also very macho.

I really wonder if people of INdian descent are more amiable to this?

$1000 says Vanessa is trying to land a local TV hosting gig. If that's so, she'd better do a better job of managing her image.

• Love 1