Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Okay SLEEK, you are relieved of your duties. . I took the Ikea rumor and ran with it. I now believe they don't make it based on how annoying Sam is being or really is. Love Sugar Gliders, never heard of melts until now but neither of those are red flags. This may change but she seems immature, a bit controlling and flippant.

At this point I vote for no one making it. We will see that one or two do in the finale but we know that will be staged.

I honestly think Sam & Neil might still be together, someone said she changed bank branches or something like that.

I also think Tres and Vanessa might still be working on their marriage. One of his former co-worker said they were still married a couple of days ago on Facebook.

but you never know.....

• Love 1

I honestly think Sam & Neil might still be together, someone said she changed bank branches or something like that.

I also think Tres and Vanessa might still be working on their marriage. One of his former co-worker said they were still married a couple of days ago on Facebook.

but you never know.....

I totally agree with you. I think Sam and Neil are still together. I also think Tres and Vanessa were together until recently. I Hope they Are Working On their issues

• Love 1

i just talked to someone close to the production of the show and he did say one couple is together he didn't tell me who though he also told me the network wouldn't put it back on air unless their was a successful couple

if im wrong at the end of the show you can call me out my name is in my username

the first season cast went out after the show with eachother production cant stop the cast from living their lives

one big clue about sam and neil is after the show sam moved the branch of the bank she manages close to dunwoody near where neil lives

I don't know if I'm happy about this. To be honest, all of the matches are terrible for their own reasons. Very entertaining to watch but I'm surprised any of them are still together till this day.

We all kind of knew that David and Ashley were going nowhere fast.

I don't see Sam and Neil being anything more than friends. I cannot image either one of them being sexually attracted to the other. Neil comes across as asexual to me.

I know I'm being a bitch but I would be kind of happy if Vanessa and Tres were no longer an item. He needs to go back to fucking randoms and she can go back to finding a man, not a man-child, that is actually on her level.

• Love 2

i just talked to someone close to the production of the show and he did say one couple is together he didn't tell me who though he also told me the network wouldn't put it back on air unless their was a successful couple

if im wrong at the end of the show you can call me out my name is in my username

the first season cast went out after the show with eachother production cant stop the cast from living their lives

one big clue about sam and neil is after the show sam moved the branch of the bank she manages close to dunwoody near where neil lives

I can see the production company freaking out knowing the show will be cancelled if at least one couple doesn't stay together. They might be motivated to quietly approach one of the couples and offer cash/prizes/future shows if they stayed together for a little while...at least keep up appearances. Sam and Neil are the perfect choice. Neil is still close to the ex who friendzoned him - at least he gets some money out of it with Sam. And Sam seems like she'd do anything for a some cash - as long as she didn't have to be a real wife to Neil.

• Love 4
I don't see Sam and Neil being anything more than friends. I cannot image either one of them being sexually attracted to the other. Neil comes across as asexual to me.

I agree, especially since Sam is on camera saying that if they didn't work out she would have at least made "a very good friend".  That doesn't mean they broke up, though.  They might stay together for a while anyway if there's $$$ to be made off of it.  I can see Sam being OK with that.

• Love 2

Speaking of who pays for what, I was just reading over on the "Bachelor" sleuthing spoilers MAFS board that it's pretty much confirmed that the show pays for their housing for the 6 weeks while the show is filming based on what people have read on social media from the sources themselves and their families/friends.

• Love 1

JMHO but I'm not sure I buy this info.  Spoiling out that "one couple" stayed together is just enough to keep people interested if indeed someone really did 'leak' that information.

And I'm sure if the couples have been out and about with each other, or living together, there would be plenty of pics and reports out there.  Just like on "the Bachelor" they are contracted to keep the outcome a secret and not to be seen together in public.   I'm sure production could and likely does insist the couples do the same here.

• Love 1

I hadn't really thought about it, but if the couples are prohibited from being seen in public together while the show is airing, that's pretty shitty. They're already on shaky ground in their relationships and a forced physical separation would make it even harder for them.

Gah. These people willingly agreed to all of it, in writing. These people willingly agreed to all of it, in writing. These people willingly agreed to all of it, in writing.

*shake it off*

Back to no pity.

• Love 3

I hadn't really thought about it, but if the couples are prohibited from being seen in public together while the show is airing, that's pretty shitty. They're already on shaky ground in their relationships and a forced physical separation would make it even harder for them.

Gah. These people willingly agreed to all of it, in writing. These people willingly agreed to all of it, in writing. These people willingly agreed to all of it, in writing.

*shake it off*

Back to no pity.

If I remember right with the Bachelor, they would take on the phone and I think even set up ways for them to see each other without it being caught. At least I remember a few saying things about that when the after the final rose show was on. So if done right and because its not as big as that show, they could do this as well so it wouldn't be so bad. I do see why they wouldn't want the couples out together one way or another. It gives things away but yet I am surprised they don't just make them play it up out in public that they are together when they may not be. It seems they have them do it on social media so why not that way? 

Oh and not surprised the show pays for housing. It would figure considering the cost of 2 places for each of them would be alot and I would bet most couldn't do that sort of thing. 

*shake it off*

Back to no pity.

Wait a minute... weren't you the one who said they saw David and Ashley out together having lunch, in a previous post?

Again, Ashley's father ignores the actual criticism, which is that she is too over-the-top introverted to be marrying a stranger and all that entails, especially on national television. I have no idea how he can justify that. I am a super-introvert and there would be no goddamn way I would even appear on a reality show, let alone marry someone I don't know and have to be around them all the time. Ashley has to be somehow disingenuous...either she is being a bitch to David on purpose, or she is a rare introvert who wants to be "famous" and is open to being ripped apart on the internet. 

• Love 9

Ashley's farther is at is again....

#MarriedAtFirstSight @torzmom on Ashley being self absorbed. She uses the little free time available on charity

"Little free time", huh? Almost like she doesn't have enough to devote to a new marriage and shouldn't have wasted some guy's time but she did anyway for purely selfish reasons?

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Love 5

In case you had any doubts if they were still together (tweet from Ashley's dad)

Marc Harnois ‏@marc_mharnois1

Marc Harnois 
Anyone wondering why my son in law is not defending his wife through all this negative social media bull shit?
Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 2

Bolding mine:

I think that poster we being facetious and trying to illustrate the fact that anyone can make up a rumor and have it taken seriously.

Yeah, Ashley's dad needs to take a break from that Facebook. Do the parents have to sign some kind do contract? I feel like the person posting with her mom's account has pretty much revealed that Ashley and David didn't work out.

Absolutely! lordonia did a great job of showing how easy it is to make up something out of whole cloth, then post it on the net as God's Truth. She was definitely being facetious. Bolding and italicizing are mine:

I don't watch in hopes of anyone staying or not staying together. The interactions are what's interesting to me, regardless of the outcome. My only hope is that maybe by season 8, the brides finally won't be fainting in the aisles.

For reality shows, "spoilers" to me generally means "unfounded rumors and gossip."

Dave is the co-worker of a good friend of mine and I had lunch last week with a group that included Dave and Ashley, so I know for a fact that they're still together. They looked very relaxed and happy!

See? Like that.

-------

Maybe one (or more) of these couples will announce its decision to stay together after six weeks, but I think they're all doomed. The matches are incompatible, imo, and several people aren't even willing to try to make things work.

Now that I see on fb that Miami casting is getting underway, I can see, imo, that the-"drama = ratings" is what MAFS is truly what it's all about. The "bold social experiment" involving evaluations and "instruments" is total bs. MAFS is just another phony dating show. Jmo.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 7

Something I was thinking about last night.  We haven't heard many rumors regarding the cast this season (other than the items about David and Tres that were revealed before the season even started). We haven't heard any production rumors, either. I wonder...is that because there was less drama behind the scenes this season? 

When we got the production spoilers during last season, the 'leak' stated the entire crew was upset because their holiday plans had to be changed, as the producers decided at the last minute to include filming the participants over the holidays.

Perhaps the Atlanta crew hasn't leaked anything because they weren't as upset as the NY/NJ crew?  Or perhaps the show tightened up the employment contract to include stiffer penalties for leaks?

Thoughts? 

Edited by BonnieLass

I don't know about the rumors.  I think that anybody can say anything about anybody else on the Internet.  I can only go on what they show us on TV.  My issue with Ashley is, if marrying a stranger bothers her so, why is she on this TV show?  She seems like a closed person, but why go on TV if you're so introverted?  I really don't get it.

• Love 6

Hi everyone... i'm a newbie member but a lurker for a few months. Does anyone have the birthdates for any of these couples? I'm into astrology and would be interested to know. Last season the full personal info. was posted for all 6 people on the boards but I can't find those details for these couples. Tia if you know, or if you know where to direct me.

I don't know about the rumors.  I think that anybody can say anything about anybody else on the Internet.  I can only go on what they show us on TV.  My issue with Ashley is, if marrying a stranger bothers her so, why is she on this TV show?  She seems like a closed person, but why go on TV if you're so introverted?  I really don't get it.

I'm truly wondering whether maybe she seemed okay beforehand, even to the spurts, but once reality set in - the wedding, the man, the cameras, all of it - maybe she just totally froze over the whole thing. Like a kind of severe stage fright. And I think that would have been precipitated by just getting out of a nine-year relationship that she has not yet resolved, and probably shouldn't be dating anyone let alone marrying a strange man in front of TV cameras. Just a thought.

• Love 4

Is MAFS paying The Knot to write these articles? There's a new one every week, it seems. Here's today's edition on Vanessa and Tres:

http://www.theknot.com/news/married-at-first-sight-vanessa-nelson-important-to-consummate-marriage-2935?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_content=jan2016&utm_campaign=planning

She seems so levelheaded and normal. They must have cast her by mistake...

Thank you for sharing, BonnieLass. :)

• Love 1

I put MAFS Atlanta into a search engine looking for new info. 

I scrolled down and found this, which cracked me up. ( I edited the ad into one sentence )

"Mafs is a relatively mature nonclassifiable home business in Atlanta, GA."

They may want to change their name.

Ashley's farther is at is again....

CXxFqcWWsAEGlZ-.jpg

I think this picture demonstrates that Ashley is just really not a touchy-feely person.  Typically, you would expect her to have an arm around her dad's waist, instead she seems to be clasping her own hands behind her back.  I'm the type with a large personal space, and it would be very difficult to have a stranger in my face 24/7.  The difference is, I know my limitations.

• Love 1

On Twitter, Neil posted a link to the following People magazine sneak peek:

http://www.people.com/article/married-first-sight-exclusive-sam-role-shutting-down-marriage-neil-bowlus

Sam, what the hell is WRONG with you?!?!?  I know others have said this, and I agree; if you don't want him, I'll take him!  I just have to figure out what to do with the current hubby first. After 27 years, I'm allowed a trade-in, right? RIGHT??

By the way, I'm totally joking. Maybe.  ;)

Edited by BonnieLass
  • Love 5

http://www.people.com/article/married-first-sight-exclusive-sam-role-shutting-down-marriage-neil-bowlus

Sam, what the hell is WRONG with you?!?!?  I know others have said this, and I agree; if you don't want him, I'll take him!  I just have to figure out what to do with the current hubby first. After 27 years, I'm allowed a trade-in, right? RIGHT??

Sam's just a big ball of crazy, isn't she? She talks about being dominated and put in her place. It's going to be very difficult to find a guy who's willing to be that aggressive who isn't an asshole. Plus, I think she doesn't really want that, but it sounds hot to her. Neil can take charge and he will stand up for himself. He's not a drama queen like Sam, so he won't argue for fun. That may be what she needs rather than what she wants.

• Love 5

They're still officially married; They can't reveal their true status until the reunion airs.

The more I think about it there are SO many strings attached to being a part of this experiment that I wonder why anyone would sign up. Your life is pretty much screwed up for at last a year.
  • Love 1

I am a dog person but it was annoying to see Vanessa carrying around hers.

I think this picture demonstrates that Ashley is just really not a touchy-feely person.  Typically, you would expect her to have an arm around her dad's waist, instead she seems to be clasping her own hands behind her back.  I'm the type with a large personal space, and it would be very difficult to have a stranger in my face 24/7.  The difference is, I know my limitations.

She said she didn't have a close relationship with him.

• Love 1

I am a dog person but it was annoying to see Vanessa carrying around hers.

Agree re the dog. I was hoping she was just keeping him safe as people were coming in and out of the house, driving away and whatever.

I didn't realize she wasn't close to him. I thought he had raised her and she considered him like a father.

Ahem. Bonnie Lass, you will have to pry him from my cold, dead hands! I think he's a catch!

• Love 3

They're still officially married; They can't reveal their true status until the reunion airs. 

About Ashley and the man in the picture? From what others have posted here I had the impression he is her stepfather and that her mother has not been married to him all that long.   If this is the same person, he posts under the name, "Marc Harnois."   

Re: David referring to "his wife," well, that's no surprise considering his tendency to use those two words every chance he gets. "My marriage" comes in at 2nd place.

• Love 2

Ahem. Bonnie Lass, you will have to pry him from my cold, dead hands! I think he's a catch!

Haha, Pepper Mostly!  I'm not greedy - can we share? I just want him on Sat/Sun. You could take him during the week! ;)

• Love 1

I’ve been thinking over what it is I wouldn’t like about Neil as a spouse.

The image I’ve always envisioned for a husband is someone whom I could count on to protect me.  Granted, Neil could be a tremendous source of emotional support, it would seem.  The problem is this:  I could not imagine myself looking to Neil for protection if, for instance, an intruder were in our home.   Maybe I’ve been watching too much Investigative Discovery (i.e. “My True Nightmare” or whatever it’s called).  But I just can’t see Neil as the dominant one even in an emergency scenario.

• Love 3

I’ve been thinking over what it is I wouldn’t like about Neil as a spouse.

The image I’ve always envisioned for a husband is someone whom I could count on to protect me.  Granted, Neil could be a tremendous source of emotional support, it would seem.  The problem is this:  I could not imagine myself looking to Neil for protection if, for instance, an intruder were in our home.   Maybe I’ve been watching too much Investigative Discovery (i.e. “My True Nightmare” or whatever it’s called).  But I just can’t see Neil as the dominant one even in an emergency scenario.

See, I kind of understand this. And I like Neil!

Yet the joke with me among my friends is that "I need a dude who's at least 35% caveman," because being physically protected is something that resonates with me as well.  The man doesn't have to be physically huge and intimidating, but I need to at least "feel" he's capable of opening some whoop ass.

How feminist of me!

• Love 1

Sam is going to regret the image she's portrayed on this show and will probably do a lot of backtracking or blame it on the editing. At the end of the six weeks, if Neil decides to get a divorce, Sam is going to be very upset that she came off as such a bratty, whiny little witch.

She's actually already doing that - regretting her actions. if you're interested, check out her Twitter feed (@Sam_MAFS). She is taking responsibility for being such a bitch and is ashamed of how she treated Neil (as she should be!). 

• Love 1

I watch a lot of Investigatiom Discovery too - and I gotta say the other side of the coin is that you gotta look for a spouse who's not likely to off you.

Neil doesn't strike me as a potential wife murderer but I'm not sure about Tres or David.

And I can picture Sam or Ashley on Wives With Knives pretty easily.

Seriously, though, I imagine Neil would be pretty protective and might do well in a crisis, so I wouldn't rule him out as protector. But if Sam really wants a Marlboro Man who'll put her in her place, he's definitely not the one.

• Love 6

A different preview of next week's show is up on A&E's website:

http://www.aetv.com/shows/married-at-first-sight/season-3/episode-7/preview-intimacy-part-1

I know they're married, but I don't think it's right that Sam lounges around in "short shorts" with her shirt pulled up like that, when she won't even hold hands with Neil. A bit of a tease, if you ask me. Then again, she could be trying to gauge his reaction to see if he's interested. Who knows. There is no figuring this woman out. 

And don't even get me started on Ashley. 

• Love 1

http://www.aetv.com/shows/married-at-first-sight/season-3/episode-7/preview-intimacy-part-1

I know they're married, but I don't think it's right that Sam lounges around in "short shorts" with her shirt pulled up like that, when she won't even hold hands with Neil. A bit of a tease, if you ask me. Then again, she could be trying to gauge his reaction to see if he's interested. Who knows. There is no figuring this woman out. 

Thanks for the link! Did Tres say Vanessa was amazing? And did I hear Sam asking Neil to come be a noodle? Interesting...

I mentioned Sam's unwarranted and uncomfortable crotch presentation in the episode thread.

She is truly a piece of work, imo.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 2

Watching the diary clips from the meet the inlaws episode is the first thing I noticed is that David, Ashley, Sam & Vanessa's are all filmed in their original pre-marriage apartments. Tres I can not tell and Neils look like they are filmed in neither his original apartment nor his and Sams's first house together but he is not wearing his ring the numbers on the microwave are the right way so it is defiantly his left hand.

neil10.jpg

• Love 1