Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Eh, I don't know that I believe this. I think people who write comments like these just want to feel important. Fwiw, I don't get that vibe from the family.

I get a vibe from them but not so much that kind. They just seemed like closed off people...which in turn would make one not so happy most the time IMO. I would think that if the cameras could have caught any smiles from them they would have. I think people that are full of themselves and all about themselves don't come off how they did/do. I agree though with what you said about people making these comments. Unless someone was to have full proof I don't buy this or the one about Neil and Sam at this point. In this day and age you would think those that see this stuff would be snapping pics to show the world. 

• Love 1

Can you guys link to the tweets?

This is Tres' sister, apparently they still talk, I guess? https://www.instagram.com/p/_vEQfUHkO-/

Tres' first name is Carl? https://www.instagram.com/p/RILTywHkLZ/

People are so interesting and complicated, aren't they?

I think Tres's sister is a lovely woman, and I can see a definite family resemblance to her brother, including skin tone, facial features and hair texture. (I know my view is subjective, and I don't expect everyone to agree.)

But looking at the siblings side-by-side raises questions to me. Tres is on camera more than once explaining the breakup of his family and the supposed rationale behind his mother's abandonment of her 3-year-old son. Supposedly, Tres's sister was "100 percent white in appearance," and therefore their white mother chose to leave with her daughter, but desert her son.

Looking at the photo, I disagree with Tres's assessment of his sister. I wonder if he was told that version of family folklore as he grew up, and he believed it? Does he still believe it? Does he still look at his sister as a "100 percent"-appearing white woman?

IMO, his perceptions are off. I don't want to believe that he added some colorful family turmoil in order to beef up interest and pathos in his character for a storyline.

I'm already on record from the first episode that it wouldn't surprise me to learn that the Russell children were split between parents based more on gender and pride than skin color.

The second link above is a real WTH to me. Is Tres/Carl now an insurance agent licensed in Kentucky? What's that all about?

• Love 3
Looking at the photo, I disagree with Tres's assessment of his sister. I wonder if he was told that version of family folklore as he grew up, and he believed it? Does he still believe it? Does he still look at his sister as a "100 percent"-appearing white woman?

He has at least 2 sisters, according to his instagram page. This is a photo of his other sister.

https://www.instagram.com/p/8zRVv1HkLv/?taken-by=tres_russell

• Love 2

Tres is actually Carl the third and that's where he gets that name from. Also I don't think Christien is the sister that he's talking about, I don't believe they have the same mother.

• Love 2

kam, is Christiene the sister in ciaobellame's link? Or is she the sister in the link I quoted?

I don't believe Tres mentioned a second sister on the show, so that's news to me.

Tres is actually Carl the third and that's where he gets that name from. Also I don't think Christien is the sister that he's talking about, I don't believe they have the same mother.

The Carl name isn't so much a puzzle, but the insurance license to practice in Kentucky is. Tres is supposedly a car salesman in Atlanta? Did I get that wrong?

Edited by sleekandchic

sleek Christien is the one in the picture that you quoted, she's the one he is seen with often. the other sister that ciao posted is probably the one that his mother took with her because she looked more Caucasian.

• Love 2

Can you guys link to the tweets?

This is Tres' sister, apparently they still talk, I guess? https://www.instagram.com/p/_vEQfUHkO-/

Tres' first name is Carl? https://www.instagram.com/p/RILTywHkLZ/

A. Tres looks like he put on some weight.

B. A quick search of KY's insurance database shows that his insurance status is:

Denied Resident Agent Health

Inactive Resident Agent Life 10/22/2012 12/1/2013

So, he only lived in Ky for less than 2 months? I guess the insurance career didn't work out...

I don't watch in hopes of anyone staying or not staying together. The interactions are what's interesting to me, regardless of the outcome. My only hope is that maybe by season 8, the brides finally won't be fainting in the aisles.

For reality shows, "spoilers" to me generally means "unfounded rumors and gossip."

Dave is the co-worker of a good friend of mine and I had lunch last week with a group that included Dave and Ashley, so I know for a fact that they're still together. They looked very relaxed and happy!

See? Like that.

I really liked reading this post but  I have my doubts especially after the disconnect I noticed just now on Twitter. David on the Knot interview that he did said he was hurt or shocked by Ashley not liking his but she says she was surprised at what he said about her not liking his place because she actually did like it. To me it sounded as if they where not talking and why would he say she didn't like his place and she says she actually liked his place. David and Ashley are my favourite couple and I want them to work out real bad.

I don't know if it means anything but I noticed that David wears that Watch Ashley got for him on the day of the wedding everywhere he goes.

alls i know is the network wouldent put this show on the air if their werent successful couples so i think their is atleast two couples together  

i have a friend of mine that works on the production of the show he wouldent give me any hint of spoilers for the show but he did say he heard the network put alot of thought into canceling the show 

i have a friend of mine that works on the production of the show he wouldent give me any hint of spoilers for the show but he did say he heard the network put alot of thought into canceling the show 

I just can't imagine Tres and Vanessa not working out. Ashley has zero sense of humor and acts like she had a lobotomy or something. It's so hard to believe David is a crook. Wow, if so, I really read him wrong!

I just can't imagine Tres and Vanessa not working out. Ashley has zero sense of humor and acts like she had a lobotomy or something. It's so hard to believe David is a crook. Wow, if so, I really read him wrong!

I looked for a link or post on this and could not find anything.  Can you tell me more about this, please?  Sounds juicy!  LOL!

I looked for a link or post on this and could not find anything.  Can you tell me more about this, please?  Sounds juicy!  LOL!

Go back to page 33 of this thread.   Starts when People magazine ran an article on the new season and someone posted a comment there that had some not so great things to say about David.

• Love 3

Thanks CindyBee.  Good to know.  He is smooth, as we have seen so far.  Guess that goes with the territory.  

Neil is my favorite so I am glad to see his marriage still stands.   I am going to work on liking Sam more.  I suppose as this moves forward we will see her lovable side as they fall for each other.   Since they were seen buying furniture in Ikea this month it may just work for the long haul.  That is a big step.  

I can see them not working out. There is something about them both but more so Tres that is just coming off not so good to me and fake. I do question the story on his mom leaving with the sister and such. With how much that was discussed about him having issues with, I am sort of doubting it at this point when it doesn't seem his dad was really around either when he says his Aunts and Grandmother raised him. It doesn't come off he was ready to be married either. I don't think he was done being a player at all. 

And as for David and Ashley, I wonder what she was like when the cameras were off and not there. I wonder if she doesn't talk more and open more because she knows the cameras are there so she worries about all that stuff. Yes she as said she isn't attracted to him at this point but is there more to it then just that? I know I had gone out with some not so great looking guys in my dating days but I still talked enough to make the time pass faster. LOL 

• Love 2

Doubt that Ashley's success as a social worker drove her to nursing.

Those 'dad goggles' change everything.  60 hours of work a week, school full time and she decides she needs a husband and reality show career too?  Dad you are not making a lot of sense.

• Love 9

Her dad sounds confused and foolish, but I do feel sorry for him. Unless he's Ashley's coworker as well as her dad, all those glowing critiques of her work in foster care and with children can only come from her own lips.

The show itself -- and Ashley herself -- identified her as a f/t student, currently unemployed. David's mother said the same thing in one of her posts, too. So Mr Harnois is maybe confused about Ashley's current 60-hr workweeks? That's humanly impossible for a f/t student in a graduate program.

I would advise Ashley to help her parents to understand the realities of net forums and tv exposure. Better for mom and dad to ignore, ignore, ignore. It's not right that the parents should get so upset with anonymous strangers over their 30-year-old daughter's personal choices.

• Love 4

Here is a quote from Ashley's Twitter account, regarding the rental homes:

Ashley Doherty ‏@Ashley_MAFS  5 hours ago

David did not get me the house or pay for it. I didn't either. #misconceptionsofmafs #mafs

ETA: Marc Harnois is NOT Ashley's Dad. He's her step-dad. Marc and her mother just celebrated their one year anniversary.

Edited by BonnieLass
  • Love 2

Thanks CindyBee.  Good to know.  He is smooth, as we have seen so far.  Guess that goes with the territory.  

Neil is my favorite so I am glad to see his marriage still stands.   I am going to work on liking Sam more.  I suppose as this moves forward we will see her lovable side as they fall for each other.   Since they were seen buying furniture in Ikea this month it may just work for the long haul.  That is a big step.

wings707, you are an optimistic sweetie-pie. I promise to be here for you when Neil and Sam Sugarglider implode in a sticky cloud of melted wax. ;) xxo

• Love 2

Not sure where my prior post went...but here is a quote from Ashley's Twitter account, regarding the rental homes:

Ashley Doherty ‏@Ashley_MAFS  5 hours ago

David did not get me the house or pay for it. I didn't either. #misconceptionsofmafs #mafs

ETA: Marc Harnois is NOT Ashley's Dad. He's her step-dad. Marc and her mother just celebrated their one year anniversary.

Agree with you all that mom and dad (step-dad) should just not say a word. It doesn't come off to well either when what they say is not the same things either. I wouldn't doubt these couples are not paying a cent for their rentals. The show is probably giving money to whoever owns the places so they can use them for filming. Maybe hunted down so many options for them to look at and they got to pick in the end. No idea how it works but wouldn't be surprised by this. Otherwise how would they pay for what they rent or own already and another place? 

• Love 3

Her mom said that she nannies so she probably has the freedom to study/do homework when the kids are napping.

Oh God. What was that old movie? The Hand That Rocks the Cradle?

Still, she identified herself as unemployed on this show. Ok, I'm annoyed with the whole family now! Ha!

• Love 4

You know what I have noticed from watching this show is that viewers are so quick to judge and say she needs to talk more, be nicer and be more caring and alive. They give this advice like they have been "Married at first sight" before. I am pretty sure most people don't treats their partners the way they expect those couples to treat each other.

I also think Tres and Vanessa are still together, just because he was a player and looks like a player doesn't mean he is still a player

One thing about reality TV is that if they are talking face to face that's when I don't believe in editing BUT if they show you doing something and there is a voice over editing can play a big part because they can use answers you gave in numerous interviews and mash them into one interview. That's why I don't believe that "He is still a stranger" line unless she says it to his face

• Love 1

By looking at Ashley's Twitter feed, it appears that she has hit her limit with the mis-leading editing and is firing back. This is not her first tweet that refutes the editing. 

Someone asked Ashley: (You said) "I don't want some stranger in my personal space" ... Then why did you sign up for #MarriedAtFirstSight?"  

Her reply: "That was in reference to the strippers at my bachelorette-not David. #editing #mafs"

ETA: She just made another post and said basically the same thing:

"Some stranger=the stripper @ my bachelorette-not David. #MAFS"

Edited by BonnieLass
  • Love 1

Agree with you all that mom and dad (step-dad) should just not say a word. It doesn't come off to well either when what they say is not the same things either. I wouldn't doubt these couples are not paying a cent for their rentals. The show is probably giving money to whoever owns the places so they can use them for filming. Maybe hunted down so many options for them to look at and they got to pick in the end. No idea how it works but wouldn't be surprised by this. Otherwise how would they pay for what they rent or own already and another place? 

I posted this in the other thread, but I recognized the owner of the house. His name is Cromwell Baun (Cromwell......lol) and he was on Property Virgins looking for a home to buy.    He was/is a preening, obnoxious little twerp and had what looked like a fake girlfriend along for the ride.

I googled the potential fake girlfriend and it looks like she has some association with Dr. Pepper.     I just started watching this show, so I could not figure out her tweets about MAF.    

• Love 2

I posted this in the other thread, but I recognized the owner of the house. His name is Cromwell Baun (Cromwell......lol) and he was on Property Virgins looking for a home to buy.    He was/is a preening, obnoxious little twerp and had what looked like a fake girlfriend along for the ride.

I googled the potential fake girlfriend and it looks like she has some association with Dr. Pepper.     I just started watching this show, so I could not figure out her tweets about MAF. 

Apparently the house was on the Atlanta Tour of Homes in 2014. Found this article, although I don't see any photos for 100% confirmation. Something about his comments lead me to believe that he'd put the house on the show (for below his going/posted rate) just to get the media exposure.  

http://www.ajc.com/news/lifestyles/young-traditionalist-style-in-midtown-home-on-tour/nh9x4/

• Love 1

Apparently the house was on the Atlanta Tour of Homes in 2014. Found this article, although I don't see any photos for 100% confirmation. Something about his comments lead me to believe that he'd put the house on the show (for below his going/posted rate) just to get the media exposure.  

http://www.ajc.com/news/lifestyles/young-traditionalist-style-in-midtown-home-on-tour/nh9x4/

I saw that article last night when I was googling around.    Yes, that would be like him to want to show off his house. He was so obnoxious on Property Virgins. 

I have a feeling his name used to be Howard and he changed it to Cromwell.

• Love 2

By looking at Ashley's Twitter feed, it appears that she has hit her limit with the mis-leading editing and is firing back. This is not her first tweet that refutes the editing.

Someone asked Ashley: (You said) "I don't want some stranger in my personal space" ... Then why did you sign up for #MarriedAtFirstSight?"

Her reply: "That was in reference to the strippers at my bachelorette-not David. #editing #mafs"

ETA: She just made another post and said basically the same thing:

"Some stranger=the stripper @ my bachelorette-not David. #MAFS"

It was said or they made it appear that she said that during the helicopter ride, no? Seemed like such an odd thing to say. Then again...

That's the house. I saw another website that featured it with pictures.

Thanks BonnieLass. I did think it had to be back in the summer since Ashley is in shorts. She looked relaxed up against David in the picture with a nice smile on her face. I wonder if she put it on Twitter to try and warm up her image a bit.

Thanks BonnieLass. I did think it had to be back in the summer since Ashley is in shorts. She looked relaxed up against David in the picture with a nice smile on her face. I wonder if she put it on Twitter to try and warm up her image a bit.

You read my mind... I think she is trying to butter up her image

Why is it questionable that she posted that picture? If you check her instagram you will see that she has been posting pictures of the two of them for a while now.

How come no one said "she is trying to butter up her image" when Sam posted a selfie with Neil? 

How come no one said "she is trying to butter up her image" when Sam posted a selfie with Neil?

I don't follow her on instagram so I haven't seen any picture. Of course Sam is hoping to reduce the backlash too because she knows she messed up. Moreover Sam only posted the selfie picture which was referred to on the show.

Edited by ctbabe

I don't follow her on instagram so I haven't seen any picture. Of course Sam is hoping to reduce the backlash too because she knows she messed up. Moreover Sam only posted the selfie picture which was referred to on the show.

Is that suppose to make things better, the fact that she used a picture referred to on the show. I mean everyone is posting pictures, Sam, Ashley and Vanessa what I don't understand is why Ashley as getting noticed for posting that 1 picture when she has been posting since the beginning of the show

Okay, so Ashley posts a very nice, smiley picture of her and David that was taken back when we all know she was disgusted by him? After that day, we've seen her physically move away from him and avoid his touch. It seems like either an attempt at some revisionist history on her part, or just going along with the directive to keep viewers guessing.

In passing, David looks thinner in that picture than he does on the show.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 3

are the couples not allowed to live or be seen out together while show is airing?

I read something early on that this is true.  I don't know how reliable that information was, but it makes sense that it would easily blow the finale if they were not separated.   There was a report that Sam and Neil were seen shopping at Ikea together, and wonder about the truth of that report..  

• Love 2

wings707, you are an optimistic sweetie-pie. I promise to be here for you when Neil and Sam Sugarglider implode in a sticky cloud of melted wax. ;) xxo

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!  Good to know!  xxo

• Love 1

CXf9RXBUoAAMRde.jpg

Prefacing your opinion with "I'm sorry" is annoying.  No you are not, so don't say so.  I see posters doing that as well, when they have a differing opinion.  That phrase is loaded with attitude and immature.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

I read something early on that this is true. I don't know how reliable that information was, but it makes sense that it would easily blow the finale if they were not separated. There was a report that Sam and Neil were seen shopping at Ikea together, and wonder about the truth of that report..

I highly doubt it , I would imagine that person would sneak a pic for us lol

• Love 2

I highly doubt it , I would imagine that person would sneak a pic for us lol

Good point.  I would have taken a picture and I am not one who takes them often.  Rarely, in fact.  

• Love 1

Okay SLEEK, you are relieved of your duties. .  I took the Ikea rumor and ran with it.  I now believe they don't make it based on how annoying Sam is being or really is.  Love Sugar Gliders, never heard of melts until now but neither of those are red flags.  This may change but she seems immature, a bit controlling and flippant.  

At this point I vote for no one making it.  We will see that one or two do in the finale but we know that will be staged.   

• Love 2

i just talked to someone close to the production of the show and he did say one couple is together he didn't tell me who though he also told me the network wouldn't put it back on air unless their was a successful couple

if im wrong at the end of the show you can call me out my name is in my username

the first season cast went out after the show with eachother production cant stop the cast from living their lives

one big clue about sam and neil is after the show sam moved the branch of the bank she manages close to dunwoody near where neil lives

• Love 2