Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

ketose, I know, but I still wonder about this one, more because she chose to respond to it. We all know how stingy she is with human interaction.

Watch her diary video, she just wasn't superexcited from the beginning. I think she probably didn't like his personality. Wait and see is probably abt the cheating stuff.

we all know this is reality tv.  we all know things are not what they seem.  we all have fun watching the show and reading the posts.  what if we are the ones being played?  the producers have spent alot of time leading us to dislike Ashley and Sam.  What if there is a build up to some major change in the scripts.  We were given access to the rumors on David and Tres.  What if the story lines start to tilt? and this was all done on purpose?  i still dont like Ashley.  Even if she just couldnt stand David, she could still have fun on their honeymoon, going swimming etc.  have fun in the house etc.  any thoughts?

• Love 1

we all know this is reality tv. we all know things are not what they seem. we all have fun watching the show and reading the posts. what if we are the ones being played? the producers have spent alot of time leading us to dislike Ashley and Sam. What if there is a build up to some major change in the scripts. We were given access to the rumors on David and Tres. What if the story lines start to tilt? and this was all done on purpose? i still dont like Ashley. Even if she just couldnt stand David, she could still have fun on their honeymoon, going swimming etc. have fun in the house etc. any thoughts?

That's also my problem with Ashley. She could tell him off camera that she isn't into him but they could just have fun and see if anything would develops. She is just so stiff. It's like she thinks She would get pregnant if he holds her hands. Kind of immature.

• Love 1

Considering half the answers I see from Ashley and Sam are "keep watching" I very much doubt there's any payoff.

And honestly what else are they going to say really? They will of course tell anyone to keep watching. Doesn't really mean we will see a true answer to a question asked though. Agree that she was not happy or positive during the wedding. How many times was she ever caught smiling during it or having fun at all? She barely spoke to David. I think we heard right off how he was not her type. So I think anyone thinking she was happy or positive was seeing something else because I know I never saw that. Heck look how she was at her bachelorette party? 

• Love 3

we all know this is reality tv.  we all know things are not what they seem.  we all have fun watching the show and reading the posts.  what if we are the ones being played?  the producers have spent alot of time leading us to dislike Ashley and Sam.  What if there is a build up to some major change in the scripts.  We were given access to the rumors on David and Tres.  What if the story lines start to tilt? and this was all done on purpose?  i still dont like Ashley.  Even if she just couldnt stand David, she could still have fun on their honeymoon, going swimming etc.  have fun in the house etc.  any thoughts?

Well we must all be suckers for watching it right? LOL I think that no matter what that Ashley could have had fun during her time doing this if she had wanted. While yes she could have nicely told him off camera that she wasn't into him as a husband but if they could be friends and work on a nice friendship that it might be different for sure BUT I doubt she did that at all and she hasn't done a single thing since day one with him to have a real conversation or any fun at all. Now if I remember right wasn't there a preview of them together with whichever so called expert and she is crying and telling him she isn't into him? With that I would think it should be over right there for them. Of course knowing the "experts" they will still push whichever one to try to get the other one to be attracted to them and open up. *eyeroll*

The production people would have to be playing a game opposite to S2. That time, they were trying to hide the fact all the dudes were sought out and didn't seem to want to be married at all. I would have some serious respect if they could manipulate the show so effectively that we won't know that Sam and Ashley are head over heels until the last 2 weeks. However, we live in a world with social media and even just watching the show makes me 99% certain that David and Ashley are a train wreck, Neil and Sam aren't long for marriage and Tres and Vanessa have something.

And even if the David stuff about another woman is true, Ashley has been shitty from day 1. It would be an effective deflection, not an exoneration.

• Love 3

I had a discussion with Mr. Snarklepuss yesterday about this very subject and he suspects that TPTB are making it look like Ashley is less happy with David than she really is and that suddenly they will show us an edit where she has an epiphany of sorts about him, kind of like when Jaclyn suddenly found basement Ryan attractive last season.  He thinks it may actually be true and not just a function of a skillful edit either.  Although I kind of doubt it at this point, he may be right.  Also, I think the lack of information is a function of TPTB clamping down on the friends and families so as not to risk revealing the outcome before we see the episodes.  Who knows, they may have actually had friends and family sign more rigorous non-disclosure agreements?

I don't think Tres and Vanessa are together. If you look at their tweets, you can see they are not together. Tres' Aunt died and he was heading to KY for the funeral this weekend. Meanwhile, Vanessa is returning to Atlanta from a business trip. A tweeter said something to the effect of '"good for you Vanessa for letting Tres work , Nola needs to eat" and Vanessa responded that she can provide for her dog (although she did a shout out to men who are breadwinners) and that she is #bringinghomethebacon.

I believe Ashley did the show for the money and basically refuses to be at he shared house except when filming. After the late dinner and cupcake incident, she had her purse and keys and was leaving. She is the Sean from S2.

I am unsure on Sam and Neil. They at least appear to be friendly in Twitter

• Love 2

I don't think Tres and Vanessa are together. If you look at their tweets, you can see they are not together. Tres' Aunt died and he was heading to KY for the funeral this weekend. Meanwhile, Vanessa is returning to Atlanta from a business trip. A tweeter said something to the effect of '"good for you Vanessa for letting Tres work , Nola needs to eat" and Vanessa responded that she can provide for her dog (although she did a shout out to men who are breadwinners) and that she is #bringinghomethebacon.

I believe Ashley did the show for the money and basically refuses to be at he shared house except when filming. After the late dinner and cupcake incident, she had her purse and keys and was leaving. She is the Sean from S2.

I am unsure on Sam and Neil. They at least appear to be friendly in Twitter

I think Vanessa and Tres are very much still together. He hints it in many of his Instagram replies. Plus her mother who is very lowkey on Twitter "likes" all of his tweets etc and his dad "likes" all of Vanessa's tweets and things pertaining to them being together.

I think Sam and Neil are still together also, Neil doesn't seem like the the type that would give up and Sam seems very remorseful(sorta) about her actions during filming.

Ashley and David are a complete different story, I feel like her mother is always talking shit about him. I don't think they are together.

• Love 3

I think Vanessa and Tres are very much still together. He hints it in many of his Instagram replies. Plus her mother who is very lowkey on Twitter "likes" all of his tweets etc and his dad "likes" all of Vanessa's tweets and things pertaining to them being together.

I think Sam and Neil are still together also, Neil doesn't seem like the the type that would give up and Sam seems very remorseful(sorta) about her actions during filming.

Ashley and David are a complete different story, I feel like her mother is always talking shit about him. I don't think they are together.

I totally agree with everything you said. I noticed the Ashley's mum and supporters feel the best way to make her look good is to bash David. This is actually backfiring because it is increasing David's supporters. I hate when people think I have to support the women on the show because I am a woman. The women supporting women rubbish. 2 of the women this season are not nice. Do I dislike Ashley as a person? Nope. Did they (producers and expert) do David wrong by matching him with her? Yes. Is she wrong for the show? Yes. Why would you sign up when you are in nursing school?

No matter how pushy and needy David might look, she definitely doesn't deserve him.

I am still waiting to see the episode where Sam changed. She was just horrible and we are already 20 something days into the experiment.

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 8

Found the remaining season episode titles and their air dates.  I can't say this is 100% accurate, of course, but they are listed as follows:

Jan 19, 2016   Breaking Down Barriers
Jan 26, 2016   Making Memories 
Feb 02, 2016   Celebrations 
Feb 09, 2016   Intimacy, Part 2 
Feb 16, 2016   Last Chance at Romance
Feb 23, 2016   Final Decisions

There is no "6 Months Later" episode listed (yet?).  And that makes me curious.

If it was to be filmed a true six months later, it would have happened last month (as they married in mid-June), but there has been no mention of it by the participants on social media (last season's participants posted about filming it on Twitter.  Can't remember about season one).

What does everyone think?  Has it already been filmed, but TPTB forbid the participants to mention it?  Or perhaps filming was postponed due to the holidays and we'll be hearing about it soon?  

I can't see them skipping out on a follow up episode this season, even if all three couples split.  None of the season two couples stayed together and they still had a "6 Months Later" episode.  For season three, the six months was almost up when the episodes started airing, so TPTB would have had a pretty good idea of where the couples stood. 

Edited by BonnieLass
  • Love 2

Well as for the funeral, they may have contract restrictions on them on being able to travel together etc, if they are together as to not give it away in real-time before the ending airs. She might not be allowed to go.

They better be doing a six months later, that Kevin Frazier guy calling out these messes Iike he did last year is basically the only thing I'm looking forward too!

• Love 4

Is it possible the keep watching Ashley is saying might mean she fell for David and he messed up? I am trying to figure out the big mistake from David.

I posted this several days back - I thought I saw a preview at the beginning of the season where Ashley is upset with David for some stuff she saw online about him either chatting up other women or going out to meet other women.  I theorized that perhaps he did it to see if he could make her jealous but it backfired.

I posted this several days back - I thought I saw a preview at the beginning of the season where Ashley is upset with David for some stuff she saw online about him either chatting up other women or going out to meet other women. I theorized that perhaps he did it to see if he could make her jealous but it backfired.

I also think that's the mistake. But I think it was a setup by David to make her jealous because how else would the bar chick get Ashley's number.

If i were in this scenario, I would probably do the same, to test my spouse. She wasnt feeling him anyway so why not test her.

Found the remaining season episode titles and their air dates.  I can't say this is 100% accurate, of course, but they are listed as follows:

Jan 19, 2016   Breaking Down Barriers

Jan 26, 2016   Making Memories 

Feb 02, 2016   Celebrations 

Feb 09, 2016   Intimacy, Part 2 

Feb 16, 2016   Last Chance at Romance

Feb 23, 2016   Final Decisions

Another MONTH of this shit?

I posted this several days back - I thought I saw a preview at the beginning of the season where Ashley is upset with David for some stuff she saw online about him either chatting up other women or going out to meet other women.  I theorized that perhaps he did it to see if he could make her jealous but it backfired.

Anyone see the UK version of the show? The girl wasn't as bad as Ashley but the guy got fed up and started trolling Tinder at about the 1 month mark.

I don't see David doing something like that, but I wouldn't blame him if he was setting something else up for after the show. Especially if he sees evidence she's in contact with 9 year man.

Maybe Ashley became self aware (oh no, self-aware robots) enough near the end to know she looked like an ass and then made up falling in love with David so that she could instantly fall out of love with him for some minor incident.

Remember how Jamie blew up at Doug over sneaking a smoke in S1? The edit monkeys had a field day with that.

• Love 1

I Definitely hope Vanessa and Tres are together - I like the, especially Vanessa. Maybe they do have to be careful on social media.

As for Ashley, she must have done some big time acting or lying to get on the show. She is too busy and too closed off. Is it mandatory that a nurse or nursing student be part of the cast?

• Love 3

Found the remaining season episode titles and their air dates. I can't say this is 100% accurate, of course, but they are listed as follows:

Jan 19, 2016 Breaking Down Barriers

Jan 26, 2016 Making Memories

Feb 02, 2016 Celebrations

Feb 09, 2016 Intimacy, Part 2

Feb 16, 2016 Last Chance at Romance

Feb 23, 2016 Final Decisions

There is no "6 Months Later" episode listed (yet?). And that makes me curious.

If it was to be filmed a true six months later, it would have happened last month (as they married in mid-June), but there has been no mention of it by the participants on social media (last season's participants posted about filming it on Twitter. Can't remember about season one).

What does everyone think? Has it already been filmed, but TPTB forbid the participants to mention it? Or perhaps filming was postponed due to the holidays and we'll be hearing about it soon?

I can't see them skipping out on a follow up episode this season, even if all three couples split. None of the season two couples stayed together and they still had a "6 Months Later" episode. For season three, the six months was almost up when the episodes started airing, so TPTB would have had a pretty good idea of where the couples stood.

There are way too many fucking episodes. Do we really need part 2 of Intimacy? And what the fuck is Making memories?

With regards to the follow up show; I think they' ll be filming it in the coming weeks, they have more than enough time to do so with 6 weeks remaining until the decision day episode airs.

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 1

Just a note to thank the ladies for the great Twitter analysis for those of us who don't tweet. Kam, Ctbabe - much appreciated.

Bonnie's video still has Neil trying so hard... I feel so sorry for this man.

• Love 4

Forgive me, I am about to vent. Major venting...

I hate when people feel that they have to insult one to make the other look good. Why can't we like both of them as individuals and dislike them as a couple? Or better still even if they are trying to get people to support Ashley, don't call David names? That was also my problem with Davina... her friends, Chris and Ryan said terrible things about Sean just to make her look good. Read what a terrible person wrote on twitter. When we have people thinkin this way, it's just so sad

@DaizyChains

@ittybittykity @jlnchi2 @Neil_MAFS @Ashley_MAFS @David_MAFS love ashley...feel bad she is stuck with a chinky monkey stalker needy guy

@jlnchi2

@DaizyChains @ittybittykity @Neil_MAFS @Ashley_MAFS @David_MAFS ...that is way harsh David came in with an expectation of a marriage.

@DaizyChains

@jlnchi2 @ittybittykity @Neil_MAFS @Ashley_MAFS @David_MAFS he reminds ne of a stalker guy i dated. My family adored but still today tries

@DaizyChains

@ittybittykity @jlnchi2 @Neil_MAFS @Ashley_MAFS @David_MAFS reoect a womans right to choose who gets into her lady parts

@MyRemdiamond

@DaizyChains @Ashley_MAFS @David_MAFS completely disagree. He has been very patient & respectful. He tried 1 kiss.

@DaizyChains

@MyRemdiamond @Ashley_MAFS @David_MAFS that was wrong he knew she didnt want pestered her n then force it while she was locked in a cage

@DaizyChains

@MyRemdiamond @Ashley_MAFS @David_MAFS your so blinded by the tv created guy your blinded to ashleys personal space so u can see love on tv

• Love 2

If I want to be kind to Ashley and give her the benefit of the doubt, I'll say she hated David at first sight, and, for her, that was that. She seized on "he doesn't have dark hair and dark eyes," and she just would NOT let that go. If you check back to the Weddings-episode thread here, you can see the majority of posts thought Ashley was horrid.

But...I do wonder about Ashley. If she's truly as shallow and closed-off as she seems, why do a show like this, which is fraught with sensitive, invasive, possibly embarrassing situations? Or did she latch on to the #hatenodarkhairnodarkeyes excuse as the only thing that mattered to her -- the thing she supposedly could NEVER overcome -- as her device to IMMEDIATELY shut down the 6-week exercise? To her, she did what was expected of her -- she married a stranger. Anything after that was a no-go and that's that, end of story. Leave me alone!

Any way I look at it, Ashley was never an honest, viable participant. The questionnaires and evaluations done by the so-called experts were massive failures. And if she plans to be a floor RN with hands-on responsibility for patient care, I will pray for the bald, the gray and the blue-eyed sickos at her mercy.

I still think significant money is involved. If you page back through this thread to p. 35, Dec 9, I gave a link to an article quoting a post purportedly made by Dave's mom, in which she says "the movie industry" [sic] pays well. She also wrote that Dave truly wanted a marriage, but she felt Ashley simply needed the money because she was unemployed.

eta: story here: http://starcasm.net/archives/335998

I will really be disappointed if the panel ends up blaming David for the marriage's failure. The experts mainly blamed Monet and minimized Vaughn's asshattery in Season 1, and they openly hated on Season 2's Davina while lapping up Sean's unctuous compliments and blatant dishonesty. Remember how Cilona and Levkoff kept exchanging exasperated glances as Davina attempted to talk about Sean's very basic inauthenticity? They cared only about themselves being exposed as hacks.

Sam moving Neil into her roommate-occupied condo? So ridiculously a power play and a chance to demean and to ostracize the guy some more. I hope there's a sugar-glider subplot to give Neil and us some comic relief. Maybe Neil can cook a very special last-night-together dinner?/ just kidding!!

Sam's and Ashley's tweets to "keep watching" are show-directed, I'm sure, and their attempts to make it seem all will be happily ever after are pre...pos...ter...ous! Preposterous!!

I think the show's contracts really need to include that the couple MUST live together, alone, no roomies or family members, for the full six weeks. Separate bedrooms and pets are allowed, of course.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 9

ctbabe, DaizyChains is either a garden-variety troll, or somehow related to or associated with Ashley. I vote the latter. Her mom and stepdad should be ashamed, as should Ashley for encouraging their ongoing negativity.

IMO, Ashley is still an adolescent mentally, and her parents treat her that way.

• Love 4

ctbabe, DaizyChains is either a garden-variety troll, or somehow related to or associated with Ashley. I vote the latter. Her mom and stepdad should be ashamed, as should Ashley for encouraging their ongoing negativity.

IMO, Ashley is still an adolescent mentally, and her parents treat her that way.

She is not related.. she is just a troll.. I am kind of disappointed that Ashley liked one of Daisychain mild comments. She needs distance herself from people like that and follow Sam SM playbook.

• Love 1

I think David looks better in 2014. I am not fond of beards and his looks scraggly IMHO and makes his face look heavier

I personally do not find him unattractive...if he smelled good, LOL. There are dealbreakers for everyone I guess....I know it sounds awful but Neil turns me off

That beard, the wet looking red lips and poppin eyes....I prefer a bigger guy. I think Trey is good looking *although I saw a more recent pic of him on soc media with a pretty fugly beard LOL

I followed UK series...supposedly one gal pulled out before filming and is/was? dating the guy she would have married but that might be spin?

they broke up >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3295411/Has-Married-Sight-experiment-failed-happened-pairs-met-wed-revealed.html

One "marriage" collapsed before show ended..and one couple was a "success"  but now broke up...saw DM article on it

I found the guy to be pretty OK actually...looks  a bit like David

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3374228/Britain-s-surprising-divorce-couple-surviving-cynical-TV-got-strangers-wed-snored-bossy-sex-life.html

Awful to say but while many Brits have improved smiles the ones on the show looked  bit like old Austin Powers cliche haha (ouch)

• Love 2

I followed UK series...supposedly one gal pulled out before filming and is/was? dating the guy she would have married but that might be spin?

they broke up >> http://www.dailymail...y-sex-life.html

Awful to say but while many Brits have improved smiles the ones on the show looked  bit like old Austin Powers cliche haha (ouch

I've seen the series, and much prefer it. They have better experts and more testing. They are more focused on

compatibility and not on looks. The one successful couple would never be considered telegenic enough for

American TV.   And the season was only 3 episodes!

• Love 1

I kind of feel sorry for Ashley and her parents because it must be rough to be raked over the coals on social media (or to see your child have it happen to them).

But then I think, come on people!  It has been YEARS since that I Married a MultiMIllionaire show that started this whole reality show dating stuff.  And with sites like this and Twitter and other places, the two people in that show got off really lightly.  I don't watch the Bachelor franchise but enough of my friends and coworkers do that I know the score:  you go on one of these shows and you need to realize you can be the "villain".  Blame editing all you want, but if you give the editors a nasty, sour face whenever you are on screen, when you mumble answers or refuse to take part--what do you think is going to happen?  These shows only shoot so much footage and if 90% of what you give them screams "I'm not playing anymore" then you are going to get "a bad edit".

• Love 2

I've seen the series, and much prefer it. They have better experts and more testing. They are more focused on

compatibility and not on looks. The one successful couple would never be considered telegenic enough for

American TV.   And the season was only 3 episodes!

Wish they'd show the UK and Oz versions of this show in the USA. Seems like it'd be a cheap way to fill some time, and I'd watch!

I sort of got more inside info from a super sleuthing fan. I am going to go easy on Ashley for NOW. Apparently editing played a part in some moments..

Oh, please do spill!

• Love 1

Wish they'd show the UK and Oz versions of this show in the USA. Seems like it'd be a cheap way to fill some time, and I'd watch!

Oh, please do spill!

I would try. Findings:

1. On instagram, Ashley said she was asked her longest relationship and she then said how long she had been single. I think she is inferring that her 9yrs relationship wasn't the last one.

2. She wasnt too freaked out on the wedding day. Someone that was present durin the wedding said she settled down and went with the flow as the wedding g progressed.

I would write the rest later.

1. On instagram, Ashley said she was asked her longest relationship and she then said how long she had been single. I think she is inferring that her 9yrs relationship wasn't the last one.

I agree. I've thought several times that the 9 year relationship couldn't have been her last one. She was with that guy from high school through graduate school. She graduated with her Masters degree around the time they broke up. That means they dated for (approximately) 3 yrs of high school + 4 yrs of college + 2 yrs of grad school (typical timeframe of grad school, could have been longer though). That would put her age around 27. 

She worked for 'a few years' as a social worker before going back to nursing school. She also mentioned that her last relationship ended about a year before she married David. So, I figured the last boyfriend could NOT have been the 9 year guy, just based on Ashley's current age (30).

My math could be off. It's a Monday, after all....my brain is not firing on all pistons! LOL

I've seen both.  There was one Aussie woman that makes Sam seem like a contented angel.

I agree. I've thought several times that the 9 year relationship couldn't have been her last one. She was with that guy from high school through graduate school. She graduated with her Masters degree around the time they broke up. That means they dated for (approximately) 3 yrs of high school + 4 yrs of college + 2 yrs of grad school (typical timeframe of grad school, could have been longer though). That would put her age around 27. 

She worked for 'a few years' as a social worker before going back to nursing school. She also mentioned that her last relationship ended about a year before she married David. So, I figured the last boyfriend could NOT have been the 9 year guy, just based on Ashley's current age (30).

My math could be off. It's a Monday, after all....my brain is not firing on all pistons! LOL

But didn't she say she broke up with him a year ago after being together for 9 years? I thought it was on the honeymoon episode.

During that episode she said her longest relationship was "almost 9 years" (after David asked her about her longest one). She didn't say it was the one that had just ended. 

I can't remember if it was in that episode or not, but at some point she said that her last relationship ended "about a year ago". I want to say it was during the initial interview process, but I'm probably wrong.

I can't believe I allowed myself to be sucked into to this train wreck again!! SMH. Vanessa and Tres are the only reason I started watching again and just when I start believing that something good can come from this show Vanessa and her mother start liking and retweeting cryptic tweet!!! I promise you all 3 girls this season have some type of emotional and mental baggage!! Sorry I'm done venting.

you guys need to rember the show is edited to get the most entertainment as possible and their is always a villain and this season that villain is ashley weather you like it or not thats just the truth so i heard from some of my friends in the atl area that sam and neil have been seen hanging out with eachother a couple different times and ive also heard that one couple is still together so im assuming its sam and neil i could be wrong a and e wouldn't have brought the show back to have another failure thats why it took so long for a and e to announce the series was coming back because they wanted to make sure this season was a good season in their eyes

It's too bad David Let himself go. You'd think he'd want to be at his fighting weight before going on tv to find his mate. I guess it's better than marrying him and then he puts on 30 pounds. He looked so much better in that photo posted above.

• Love 2

I agree with mberry.  this is edited for drama and ratings. there has to be a villain or there is no drama.   i also agree that unless there was one success there would not have been a season 3.  i have looked at the titles of the rest of the season.  tomorrow #308  is with Dr Cilona:  S&N living arrangements, V&T fear of abandonment and A&D A reveals her feelings and D comes to terms.  #309 Greg Epstein with N&S communication, V&T discuss children, A&D that A is not physically attracted ( sounds like continuation)  I also believe the leaks we heard about David will surface and more drama for us.  I was re-watching the honeymoon episode from last year.  Jackie admitted to the camera that she had a crush on her husband.  I had forgotten all about that line.  No matter what - Ashley has not carried on a conversation with David.  the ride in the car on the honeymoon is just an example. she has said if you cant say anything nice don't say anything at all.  that doesn't fly with someone you are trying to get to know. all of this happened this summer. what we are seeing is over and done with