Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On 9/22/2022 at 10:59 AM, LakeGal said:

Why does Alexis constantly talk about these great past relationships?  If they were so wonderful she would still be with one of these many men and not need this show.

I think she's a bit "delusional."  She believes she is a great "catch" complete with sizzling looks and a "drop dead" body.  In addition, she believes she is very emotionally "evolved" and has a "razor-sharp" intellect.

Unfortunately, others may not share this assessment of Alexis. 

I think at a certain point she's going to have to do a personal "assessment" that's more in line with how others see her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
On 9/17/2022 at 5:12 PM, pdlinda said:

so after Jamie was dumped from the MAFS after show, I was wondering how they earn a living.

I apologize for living in the dark, but why did she get dumped from mafs?

On 9/28/2022 at 5:50 PM, pdlinda said:

I think at a certain point she's going to have to do a personal "assessment" that's more in line with how others see her.

Thank you! Your very first sentence Ieft me thinking, "Huh? How is she reading my thoughts?" When Alexis and Justin were with the counselor, I couldn't get over how Alexis was unable to absorb anything the counselor was saying without being extremely defensive and angry. No wonder Justin walks on eggshells.

• Love 4

A lot of people are speculating that Karen and Miles have called it quits or are at least taking a break. They stopped following each other on social media, and Miles has bowed out of their planned trip to Dubai in January. So I'd say things don't look good, which is too bad. I thought they were a nice couple once they got past some of their issues.

• Sad 13
12 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

A lot of people are speculating that Karen and Miles have called it quits or are at least taking a break. They stopped following each other on social media, and Miles has bowed out of their planned trip to Dubai in January. So I'd say things don't look good, which is too bad. I thought they were a nice couple once they got past some of their issues.

That would be a shame. I was a little indifferent on Karen but I really liked Miles and I think they both tried pretty hard to make the marriage work. I hope they can work it out. Plus I like them being besties with Woody and Amaya (??? - was that her name)???

• Like 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That would be a shame. I was a little indifferent on Karen but I really liked Miles and I think they both tried pretty hard to make the marriage work. I hope they can work it out. Plus I like them being besties with Woody and Amaya (??? - was that her name)???

Amani. Yes, I thought it was cool that they were friends.

• Love 3

I don't follow MAFS on SM. Have there been any updates on the reunion? I think the D Day results were posted quite a while ago, but haven't seen any updates. Thanks!

ETA - Found one! Here is a video with the very latest.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

Looks like everyone is splitsville, even Nate and Stacia 🥲

Screenshot_2022-10-26-11-38-07-498~2.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-26-11-38-00-903~2.jpg

1114121522_Screenshot_2022-10-26-11-38-15-9613.thumb.jpg.f5859690fa06b2f886cb74e952439e34.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-26-11-38-12-649~2.jpg

Sounds right.  This could have been established early in the episodes because NONE of the couples had the sense of what qualities both parties needed to make a "marriage" work. 

I think ALL of the participants were "set in their ways" and not interested enough in whom each was partnered with to make "changes." 

Trust levels (at their respective ages) were more jaded, and, for those who were economically viable (Stacia,Alexa, Krysten and Miguel), or MAYBE economically viable (the rest, except Mitch), there weren't enough incentives for each to "risk" more than each was "benefitting."

• Love 8

I think there are some couples from past seasons who stayed together way past their expiration date because they thought the show would lead to some low level of fame and fortune.

I think people in the newer seasons know this is not going to happen and call it quits much sooner. I do believe that there are probably some financial incentives to stay together on DD and at least till the reunion. 

Just a hunch on my part.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, qtpye said:

I do believe that there are probably some financial incentives to stay together on DD and at least till the reunion. 

Agree! Imagine how much more embarrassing this mess would be if all the couples who divorce (that's all of them) said DIVORCE on DD. Just leave Pepper and Cal weeping on their couch. Guzzling all the champagne.

Edited by buttersister
Mention beverage service on the SS Total Failure
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think there are some couples from past seasons who stayed together way past their expiration date because they thought the show would lead to some low level of fame and fortune.

I think people in the newer seasons know this is not going to happen and call it quits much sooner. I do believe that there are probably some financial incentives to stay together on DD and at least till the reunion. 

Just a hunch on my part.

wonder if there is a clause that says if you change your mind within 24 hours they'll still pay for the divorce otherwise there are a couple of very unhappy people right about now

On 10/15/2022 at 8:20 PM, Retired at last said:

I don't follow MAFS on SM. Have there been any updates on the reunion? I think the D Day results were posted quite a while ago, but haven't seen any updates. Thanks!

ETA - Found one! Here is a video with the very latest.

what a lovely picture - stacia and krysten must be so pleased

• LOL 8
8 hours ago, endure said:

Whatever happened to the married couples show, was it ‘Couples Cam’ during the height of Covid? Have they given up on them?

We just had this discussion on the "This Isn't Best Friends at First Sight" episode thread starting here:

The last episodes aired around the end of 2021.

• Thanks 1

I guess I am a bit surprised about Stacia and Nate. I figured that most of their issues were producer driven, but she just seemed so cold and inflexible to me. In that video it showed that she changed her last name on her business website, so she must have thought it would last. 

Oh well - another 0/5 season. Any trends????

Not surprised about Lindy and Miguel.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Not surprised about Lindy and Miguel.

Did they have to pair a stoic rational type with a flighty histrionic type?  They really are sadists on this show, this match proved that to me yet again.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Did they have to pair a stoic rational type with a flighty histrionic type?  They really are sadists on this show, this match proved that to me yet again.

Why .. what happened with them?  Finished?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Emma Snyder said:

See gingerandcloves' post above.

I am not surprised as they were older than the usual, and more set in their ways. Mitch loved his life on the water and didn’t want it to change.  The rest .. everything was just too much damn trouble.  Thanks.

• Love 2

@gingerandcloves - this is why I stop watching about 2 episodes past the honeymoons the last few seasons. The show is really not interested in making any good matches anymore, and there are about 10 too many episodes to each season. I'm disappointed, but not surprised about this group. Overall, mostly decent people, just horribly mismatched.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

@gingerandcloves - this is why I stop watching about 2 episodes past the honeymoons the last few seasons. The show is really not interested in making any good matches anymore, and there are about 10 too many episodes to each season. I'm disappointed, but not surprised about this group. Overall, mostly decent people, just horribly mismatched.

I was so disappointed in the ad for the next season during D-Day that announced, "If you think there was drama this season, just wait for next..." or something of that ilk. No question that they are shooting for drama and if there is even one semi-successful match, that's a happy accident...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I was so disappointed in the ad for the next season during D-Day that announced, "If you think there was drama this season, just wait for next..." or something of that ilk. No question that they are shooting for drama and if there is even one semi-successful match, that's a happy accident...

I hate that they're like the Bachelor franchise, all drama all the time.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, theartandsound said:

Mackinley and Domynique

I can't take this couple seriously with those names... oy...

well, unless they changed them, the parents named them, so not really their fault. hopefully, they go by Mac and Nique or something less annoying 

• Love 1
On 10/28/2022 at 8:10 PM, Empress1 said:

They always make it sound like everyone's in it "for the right reasons" and then we meet them.  I'm debating taking this off auto record.   The shame is that it could be (and maybe once was? - I haven't been watching that long) a really interesting concept if they would just play it straight.  

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Allison1 said:

They always make it sound like everyone's in it "for the right reasons" and then we meet them.  I'm debating taking this off auto record.   The shame is that it could be (and maybe once was? - I haven't been watching that long) a really interesting concept if they would just play it straight.  

It used to be a mix of drama and people in it for the right reasons.  Gregg and Deonna, Ashley and Anthony, and Keith and Kristine were some of my favorite couples who really wanted to be matched, were basically good people, and put in the work.  I’d happily watch more pairings like these.  In past seasons there were couples where a person might be a PITA / not really ready (Beth from Beth and Jamie, AJ from Stephanie and AJ) but it was still good TV because it wasn’t all fake drama for IG fame (looking at you Alyssa (Chris and Alyssa) and Chris (Chris and Paige).

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Emma Snyder said:

Nicole: Exceptionally close with her parents AND an "untraditional gal." I can already see how annoying she's going to be.

Kirsten sounds like another Myrla/Alexis. Lather, rinse, repeat...

I wonder if Nicole is Indian because then an arranged marriage is about the most traditional thing you can do and her statement makes no sense.

I get that most people do not have their marriages decided by a crappy reality show but it is still pretty traditional in Indian culture.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Booger666 said:

It used to be a mix of drama and people in it for the right reasons.  Gregg and Deonna, Ashley and Anthony, and Keith and Kristine were some of my favorite couples who really wanted to be matched, were basically good people, and put in the work.  I’d happily watch more pairings like these.  In past seasons there were couples where a person might be a PITA / not really ready (Beth from Beth and Jamie, AJ from Stephanie and AJ) but it was still good TV because it wasn’t all fake drama for IG fame (looking at you Alyssa (Chris and Alyssa) and Chris (Chris and Paige).

Yes, there used to be people in it for the right reasons and who were LIKEABLE.  I'll add Austin and Jessica, Woody and Amani, Steph and AJ.  The last good season was the one from New Orleans.  Once again they're down South but I'm tired of this show being in the South.  I thought the next season was supposed to be Denver or somewhere in the PNW.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, Emma Snyder said:

This is Nicole:

image.thumb.png.018049da8dd751a7264a897922a04101.png

I have seen pictures of her but still have no idea about her ethnicity but I guess it does not matter as they are all probably doomed.

• LOL 2

Paraphrasing, Nicole has expected her parents to arrange a marriage for her, and they haven’t presented  her with a suitable suitor. Therefore she expects this show to do so.  Doesn’t  sound like a non traditional person to me.  It sounds like someone whose been raised in a culture of arranged marriages and wanted to stick with that tradition.  So much so that she hasn’t bothered to look for herself. 

• Love 1

I get that most people do not have their marriages decided by a crappy reality show but it is still pretty traditional in Indian culture.

I have a childhood friend who is Indian. She grew up knowing that her parents would "arrange" a marriage for her. She was fine with it. She said she knew her parents would only choose people they believed would be excellent husbands to her and fathers to any eventual children and that they would not push her to marry anyone she didn't love. It was almost more that they were matchmakers than arranging a marriage. 

They chose well. She and I have largely lost touch but he is successful, they have a beautiful son. He is supportive of her career but more importantly, when she was diagnosed with breast cancer in her 30's, he stuck by her, cared for her and saw her through a long and difficult recovery. They are still together, happy as far as anyone knows, and it's been probably 20 years now. Come to think of it, maybe her parents are available to be the new "experts" on this show?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Paraphrasing, Nicole has expected her parents to arrange a marriage for her, and they haven’t presented  her with a suitable suitor. Therefore she expects this show to do so.  Doesn’t  sound like a non traditional person to me.  It sounds like someone whose been raised in a culture of arranged marriages and wanted to stick with that tradition.  So much so that she hasn’t bothered to look for herself. 

She says her parents have been "unreliable" in that sense.  That could mean they've presented her with suitors but she hasn't liked any of them, in which case she only wants an arranged marriage if the person meets with her liking.  Which kind of means she really isn't on board with an arranged marriage.  But she could also mean that they haven't produced anyone at all, so it's hard to tell.  Also, there's no indication as to whether she comes from a culture of arranged marriages.  She just said she always envisioned it for her because she is close to her parents.  So we'll see.

• Love 1