Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/28/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Sept. 28 – The Political View with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) ((Author, “One Vote Away”)

Tuesday, Sept. 29 – The Political View with Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY)

Wednesday, Sept. 30 – The Political View with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

Thursday, Oct. 1 – Tanya Acker, Patricia Dimango, Michael Corriero (“Hot Bench”)

Friday, Oct. 2 – The Political View with South Carolina Democratic Senate nominee Jaime Harrison who is running against Sen. Lindsey Graham; Anthony Anderson (ABC’s “Black-ish”)

• Love 2

Monday Ugh (Seriously, why is the view giving this awful man time to spew lies?? The only good thing about Cruz is that he left Canada lol)

Tuesday Ugh

Wednesday Yay...but I hope the ladies treat Bernie better than last time.

Thursday I don't know these people

Friday I don't like it when they book two guests, because that means neither of them have enough time to talk.

• Love 8

No Meg again?  I hope she and the baby are ok.

I'll be tuning out when Ted Cruz comes on.

I had some business to attend to while Sara was talking about not understanding taxes. Was she excusing Trump?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 4

He lied about the NYT getting the returns, illegally.  According to the article, they were “ legally obtained” with more to come.   What an insufferable individual.  Maybe MM had the baby, already, and doesn’t want to announce it until Election Day.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I hate that Sarah goes off on a tangent about how taxes are confusing and wondering how many other rich people don't pay taxes. 

Way to miss the point, sarah!

Yep, Sara didn't seem to understand that we're not talking about tax forms!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I hate that Sarah goes off on a tangent about how taxes are confusing and wondering how many other rich people don't pay taxes. 

Great point.  As the saying goes "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

You'd think the ladies would have gotten the hang of speaking when it's their turn & dealing with the delay, but today's show, especially with Ted Cruz, was laughable.

Yes they were all talking at once due to the delay.  Then during the commercial they must have decided to focus on one at a time and it went much better.  I can't believe how Lyin' Ted (Trump's nickname for him) still sticks up for him.  Party before country, people!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

He lied about the NYT getting the returns, illegally.  According to the article, they were “ legally obtained” with more to come.   What an insufferable individual.  Maybe MM had the baby, already, and doesn’t want to announce it until Election Day.

She'll probably announce it in a spread in People magazine, since she only likes to talk about her pregnancy anywhere but The View.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

So they asked him to explain why he was opposed to SC nomination 8mos. before the last election and now he supports it 1mo. before this one. His answer was that the circumstances are different. Meaning now the Senate has the majority and is aligned with the President. That sounds completely illogical. If the Pres and Senate are of the same party that is when it should go forward. But nobody really challenged him on the hypocrisy nor the strange rationale.

Joy did call him a deflector a couple of times, like when he was blaming covid deaths on Dem governors after she asked whether he thought the FLA governor was making the right decision to open businesses to full capacity and without a mask mandate.

55 minutes ago, roughing it said:

I can't believe how Lyin' Ted (Trump's nickname for him) still sticks up for him. 

He actual proved he is Lyin' Ted today!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

In one synopsis of the taxes they said that even very wealthy people are paying more taxes than he did. Sara could have found that easily. I don’t know why they don’t do a little research...this stuff was easy for me to find yesterday!  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Honestly, I'm concerned too. Normally I'd snark, but I really hope she and the baby are alright. 

She hasn't tweeted in 14 hours so it is possible she is in labour.  Even when she is not on the show, she is usually still on Twitter.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I think most of Whoopi's being upset about Trump and the IRS had to do with remembering how much her mom struggled to pay her taxes and keep them financially afloat.  I vividly recall my mother sitting down with the checkbook every month to pay our bills.  Mom never said that we were in trouble but I picked up on her anxiety and fear.  She would always say that everything was fine even though there were tears in her eyes.  This made me feel so helpless and afraid that while typing this, I started feeling that same anxiety.   Today Whoopi's anger was triggered by those memories.  

• Love 15

What a Monday this was. It seemed lijke they had so much to talk about (Trump taxes, the SC pick, Ted Cruz) yet said so little.

For the record, can someone tell Joy that whenever she says something and ends with "Okay?" and "Hullo!" she's really showing her age. Those were catch phrases in the 80s and 90s. No one under 75 still  ends with those.

Back to the classroom:

Meghan is still on suspension, because Miss Whoopi didn't have a talk with Mother McCain yet about her daughter's disruptive behavior.

Whoopi did bring in a new punching bag for the other students - Ted Cruz - and punch they did. Except Sara, who didn't know what she was punching or why. I think Sara should move to 'The Talk' and fill Marie Osmond's empty chair. She's better suited for 'Kardashian' talk.

For his part, the Cruz punching bag made all the right dodges and diversions - he had no intention of playing along. Much to the dismay of the women, who threw their best punches but didn't really land any.

Then it was time for 'Show and Tell', because after Ted Cruz talks about how dismal the economy is and the millions of people out of work, they should always point their viewers to more expensive crap they can't afford, nor do they need or want. Sara and the Monday student Greta put on their VYD cheerleader uniforms, and cheered the products on, 'ooohing and aaahing' every item as though they just won the lottery. 

And that was Monday's show. The rest of the week looks less promising.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, rcc said:

I knew Whoopi would be upset with the tax news. I also knew she would bring up the "tax write-offs" she misses. Millionaires and billionaires who don't like to pay taxes! 

And a lot of times they get away with not paying them.  The IRS has admitted it's easier to audit your average Joe taxpayer because they aren't going to have an army of lawyers and accountants to help them.

4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes Sara taxes can be confusing. That is why rich people hire people to handle things for them. But at the end of the day it's  your signature on it.  You are responsible.  Lest we forget it was tax evasion that took Al Capone down.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

She'll probably announce it in a spread in People magazine, since she only likes to talk about her pregnancy anywhere but The View.

Remember when she announced her miscarriage? Wasn't it to a newspaper and not on The View?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rcc said:

I knew Whoopi would be upset with the tax news. I also knew she would bring up the "tax write-offs" she misses. Millionaires and billionaires who don't like to pay taxes! 

So true! but Whoopie invoking her mother not making much money being hounded by the IRS was powerful, she was coherent and passionate.  It was Whoopie at her best and her "how dare you sir" was a perfect segue to a commercial break, Brava!

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

So true! but Whoopie invoking her mother not making much money being hounded by the IRS was powerful, she was coherent and passionate.  It was Whoopie at her best and her "how dare you sir" was a perfect segue to a commercial break, Brava!

Yes the "how dare you" was just the right thing to say.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

I’m kind of surprised at Sunny.  She says a Supreme Court justice can’t recuse  him or herself but from what I’ve read, they definitely can do so and have done so in the past.  

Justice Kagan has had to recuse herself on a case she argued previously as Solicitor General.  I'm not sure about recusing for personal or religious reasons.   That may have been the distinction Sunny was trying to make.   

The nominee reportedly said that Catholic judges should recuse themselves from death penalty cases.   I think Sunny was interested in knowing would she then do so if a death penalty case was before the Supreme court?   And does that same standard apply to Roe v Wade? To other types of cases?   I think Sunny's point was these are the types of questions she is hoping to get answered during the confirmation hearings.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Did Whoopie say, “Meghan is out today” or “Meghan is out today but will be back tomorrow”?   Last week she was saying she’d be back the next day.  Obviously, something is going on with her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Axie said:

Did Whoopie say, “Meghan is out today” or “Meghan is out today but will be back tomorrow”?   Last week she was saying she’d be back the next day.  Obviously, something is going on with her.

She did not say she would be back tomorrow.

49 minutes ago, bannana said:

Also her husband is silent on Twitter today.

But this article says that she is appearing at the Presidential debate?! WTF?

https://www.distractify.com/p/why-is-meghan-mccain-not-on-the-view

I cannot imagine that Meghan's doctor would approve of her traveling anywhere, least of all a Presidential debate in Ohio, this far along in her pregnancy.  

Given her age* and the fact that she already experienced a miscarriage, it would be ridiculously irresponsible to travel from either NY or Virginia to Ohio one week or so before her due date.  

*Being pregnant at 35 is considered a "geriatric pregnancy" and involves possible complications that need to be monitored.

I wish Whoopie would have said something, but she's obviously been told to not comment, other than to say Meghan is "out today". 

I don't like Meghan, but I certainly hope that all is well with her and her child.  

ETA:  If this story is true, perhaps Meghan will be appearing virtually?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3

MM's last tweet (19 hrs ago) was simply a "Hello Cleveland!!!!!" clip from Spinal Tap, with no mention of her being in Ohio.

Ted Cruz probably had that one cactus on the screen behind him just for Meghan (I would have added a litterbox).

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

And a lot of times they get away with not paying them.  The IRS has admitted it's easier to audit your average Joe taxpayer because they aren't going to have an army of lawyers and accountants to help them.

Yes, it's much easier to go after the little guy. 

3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I love this Whoopi. 

• Love 10

OK - I DID IT!

I actually bought something from VIEW YOUR DEAL. I bought the Wolferman's English muffins, because I used to buy these all the time for Christmas gifts (their breakfast box is the best gift) and treat myself from time to time, but not too often (they're fattening and expensive).  The company ended up going out of business a while ago (I think it was 2008-09, at the time of the recession) and I was surprised to see they were back under new owners a few years ago. So now I'm trying them again at 'half off'.

I have to say, I had to switch browsers to do so. The site was taking forever to load on Chrome, so I switched to Firefox and had no problems. Hopefully they will be here without delay, and I will report back. 

• Love 11

I dream of the day when politicians answer yes or no questions with a simple yes or no. If it’s clearly a question that only requires yes or no, just answer it that way. Who cares if we don’t like your answer. I know they’re trained that way but it drives me crazy. If they want to expand on it more then they can even “Yes, but” or “No, but” then do their ridiculous whataboutisms. 

Is that too much to ask? It’s a pipe dream, but still I can dream. 

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I think most of Whoopi's being upset about Trump and the IRS had to do with remembering how much her mom struggled to pay her taxes and keep them financially afloat.  I vividly recall my mother sitting down with the checkbook every month to pay our bills.  Mom never said that we were in trouble but I picked up on her anxiety and fear.  She would always say that everything was fine even though there were tears in her eyes.  This made me feel so helpless and afraid that while typing this, I started feeling that same anxiety.   Today Whoopi's anger was triggered by those memories.  

yes, and I think  whoopi's point was that many families (like mine, and yours)  made sure the bills were paid - and that included taxes.  Even if it meant feeding the kids scrambled eggs for dinner , or bologna sandwiches, you took care of financial responsibilities.  Whoopi was pissed that struggling families had to suffer to pay taxes, while "the guy in the white house"  never cut back on anything, AND didn't pay taxes.   And Ted Cruz pretty much said it doesn't matter, that people in Texas don't care about that.   

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 21
38 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

yes, and I think  whoopi's point was that many families (like mine, and yours)  made sure the bills were paid - and that included taxes.  Even if it meant feeding the kids scrambled eggs for dinner , or bologna sandwiches, you took care of financial responsibilities.  Whoopi was pissed that struggling families had to suffer to pay taxes, while "the guy in the white house"  never cut back on anything, AND didn't pay taxes.   And Ted Cruz pretty much said it doesn't matter, that people in Texas don't care about that.   

Something tells me that there are a lot of people in Texas do care about that, especially the many, many families that are not making ends meet because of paying taxes and bills.  Ted Cruz is ridiculous.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

OK - I DID IT!

I actually bought something from VIEW YOUR DEAL. I bought the Wolferman's English muffins, because I used to buy these all the time for Christmas gifts (their breakfast box is the best gift) and treat myself from time to time, but not too often (they're fattening and expensive).  The company ended up going out of business a while ago (I think it was 2008-09, at the time of the recession) and I was surprised to see they were back under new owners a few years ago. So now I'm trying them again at 'half off'.

I have to say, I had to switch browsers to do so. The site was taking forever to load on Chrome, so I switched to Firefox and had no problems. Hopefully they will be here without delay, and I will report back. 

I've been using Firefox forever & have no complaints.  Please do let us know about the Muffins!!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

What a Monday this was. It seemed lijke they had so much to talk about (Trump taxes, the SC pick, Ted Cruz) yet said so little.

For the record, can someone tell Joy that whenever she says something and ends with "Okay?" and "Hullo!" she's really showing her age. Those were catch phrases in the 80s and 90s. No one under 75 still  ends with those.

Back to the classroom:

Meghan is still on suspension, because Miss Whoopi didn't have a talk with Mother McCain yet about her daughter's disruptive behavior.

Whoopi did bring in a new punching bag for the other students - Ted Cruz - and punch they did. Except Sara, who didn't know what she was punching or why. I think Sara should move to 'The Talk' and fill Marie Osmond's empty chair. She's better suited for 'Kardashian' talk.

For his part, the Cruz punching bag made all the right dodges and diversions - he had no intention of playing along. Much to the dismay of the women, who threw their best punches but didn't really land any.

Then it was time for 'Show and Tell', because after Ted Cruz talks about how dismal the economy is and the millions of people out of work, they should always point their viewers to more expensive crap they can't afford, nor do they need or want. Sara and the Monday student Greta put on their VYD cheerleader uniforms, and cheered the products on, 'ooohing and aaahing' every item as though they just won the lottery. 

And that was Monday's show. The rest of the week looks less promising.

Joy tawkes like a tried and true New Yawker ok?  Heh I'm kidding, but seriously, i know Joy's the funny lady, and she is that, but there are times when i don't know if she's seriously telling off the guest, or making a sarcastic comment or just being ironic.  Until she says OK or some such.  The i know how to take the comments.

Haha i can see Joy and the Cuomo Bros at a dinner table having a conversation with all the oks and hellos. NYs best!  Not kidding abt that one. All due respect

Edited by ForumLou
Added
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3