Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/28/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

56 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Since everyone in the virtual audience got a free light bulb yesterday after the end of show ad, does everyone get nearsightedness today?

You're saying i should have stayed to the end of the show?  🙃

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Ooh, a commercial disguised as a segment.  Getting sneaky, show, getting sneaky. 

Sunny is probably thanking her lucky stars heheh.  And what's with Ana being there?!  Did we know she was going to be on?  Maybe she'll   😎 be there permanently or the end of the week when someone+1 unreturns. (wishful thinkin)

• Love 4

I really like having Ana's perspective on the show. She is on CNN a lot I think, so she is politically plugged in.

But I really wish they could talk about something other than politics, and that the political guests didn't have three segments.

Helen Reddy died, did they even mention that?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Ooh, a commercial disguised as a segment.  Getting sneaky, show, getting sneaky. 

I was saying to my Mom, "With the economy sucking, maybe The View needs the extra income" but then she rightly pointed out that they already have the most amount of commercials in TV, so how is that possible? LOL!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Whoopi is throwing major shade at her co-hosts by saying that she can relate with Chris Wallace.  It felt very familiar for her, she says.  Oh please, Whoopi.   Major eye roll.

I would take offense but Joy nodded her head in agreement so I saw the point because of Joy.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, bannana said:

I really like having Ana's perspective on the show. She is on CNN a lot I think, so she is politically plugged in.

But I really wish they could talk about something other than politics, and that the political guests didn't have three segments.

Yes they announced i thought? Hmm that might have been GMA.  Not sure now.  The debate was so insane first and foremost on the table

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ForumLou said:

Yes they announced i thought? Hmm that might have been GMA.  Not sure now.  The debate was so insane first and foremost on the table

I am probably wrong then when I said they didn't.  I think I have a major debate hangover and need to stop posting today.  Too many screw ups.  😭

• LOL 1
47 minutes ago, rcc said:

I would take offense but Joy nodded her head in agreement so I saw the point because of Joy.

Oh, that's good.  I wasn't watching the screen at the time so I am glad to hear it.  I was mostly just amused at the self importance Whoopi appointed to herself. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 4
Just now, rcc said:

Oh i know, and believe me i was chuckling.  It would only have been better had the guiltiest heard hehe.  She should be watching, she's got the time (kidding MM, congrats) but to the other dilemma...dotdotdot. ok Whoopi follows a chain of cohosts. For the most part it doesn't change. Its always S,J,SH, M, W. Everyone knows the rotation so they should know when their turn is coming up. When you are done, you are done.  No going back to rebut.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I am probably wrong then when I said they didn't.  I think I have a major debate hangover and need to stop posting today.  Too many screw ups.  😭

No i think you're right.  Hungover here too.  Colorada checking in hehe. But i do think you are right in thinking they did NOT announcenanything

5 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I was mostly just amused at the self importance Whoopi appointed to herself. 

I bet she's missing that dam bell hah!

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, bannana said:

True but to be fair the first Presidential debate was last night and the elections are upon us.. 

As a Bernie fan, I did not care for Ana's questions.. I love Ana, I guess since Nutmeg is out she had to be the annoying one today..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
On 9/29/2020 at 10:25 AM, Pearson80 said:

This talk about  the lack of enthusiasm for Biden bothers me because it does not seem to match what I am seeing on the ground.  I think people have had it and want a change.  The media treat our elections like it is a sporting event, whipping both sides into a frenzy, it is a sobering process that will determine our future. I am usually a fan of Martha but she is not getting this right.. People like Martha are only obsessed with Trump voters so it is par for the course..

I know lots of Biden fans, including people who previously voted for Trump. They're just not the type to be in your face about it. To me it makes sense that you know who has more supporters with his personality. And to be clear, I'm not voter shaming anyone. I know lots of decent people who are going to vote for you know who too and aren't the least bit aggressive. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

True but to be fair the first Presidential debate was last night and the elections are upon us.. 

As a Bernie fan, I did not care for Ana's questions.. I love Ana, I guess since Nutmeg is out she had to be the annoying one today..

There are lots of huge Ana fans here. I like her too and think she's a good chick. But I absolutely believe one reason she's praised so much is because everyone looks so much better in comparison to Meghan. Ana's absolutely said stuff that I've found stupid years ago on other shows tbh. I can't get into it because it would be OT. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

There are lots of huge Ana fans here. I like her too and think she's a good chick. But I absolutely believe one reason she's praised so much is because everyone looks so much better in comparison to Meghan. Ana's absolutely said stuff that I've found stupid years ago on other shows tbh. I can't get into it because it would be OT. 

I think there is a lot of truth in that.  I didn't know who she was until I started watching the View again.  I only know of her as a Republican who hates Trump.  And a sane sounding one compared to Meghan.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Ana's absolutely said stuff that I've found stupid years ago on other shows tbh. I can't get into it because it would be OT. 

I’m so glad she and Nicole have finally seen the light. (Nicole was awesome as usual last night with Rachel and Joy R.  I think they played a drinking game during the debate.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I’m so glad she and Nicole have finally seen the light. (Nicole was awesome as usual last night with Rachel and Joy R.  I think they played a drinking game during the debate.)

Nicolle’s said she’s trying to make it up to the universe for being on the wrong side in the past. She’s a good, intelligent woman. Night and day from Meghan. So is Ana even if she’s not perfect. I hope we get more of her while Meghan’s on maternity leave. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I expected the show will politics overload from here to Nov 3.  And it likely won't be Meghan free either. I still say five hosts is too many when they are remote, especially when there is a guest. ABC needed to find a place for Sara but she just doesn't add anything and it taking up a square on my TV screen!!!

I'm really tired of the political guests that are on to plug their books! 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

I expected the show will politics overload from here to Nov 3.  And it likely won't be Meghan free either. I still say five hosts is too many when they are remote, especially when there is a guest. ABC needed to find a place for Sara but she just doesn't add anything and it taking up a square on my TV screen!!!

I'm really tired of the political guests that are on to plug their books! 

Yeah, I think it would have been better to have an ABC news analyst who could talk about the debate. And the strategy that the candidates were using.

I guess I am just sick of hearing political types talk and talk. And nobody seems to be saying anything we haven't already heard.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Not that I heard - Mac Davis, too!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, OpalNightstream said:

The good eye doc who was shilling contact lenses but pretending it was a PSA

LOL ... No wonder I didn't remember ... I don't watch the last five minutes of the show.  (Too busy with the French Open.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, rcc said:

Well it is.  Its a clusterf*ck.  And Whoopi has to keep it under some semblance of control.  Nobody has a second turn to talk until everyone has a first round say. And W usually goes last.  Then comm then second round, otherwise known as the rebuttal round hehe.  Sorry. My nerves are shot.  And after that debacle last night...i feel like i could go to bed for a good 72 hours.and its not just them, talked to my parents. They put me on speaker and then just bickered with each other LOL its everywhere and its insidious. Oh p.s. on top of it all my Dad sends me an email, downright gleeful. He was dancing! Well a little anyway heh. Wonder who he is voting for. I think I'm going to have to go off the grid for a couple months.  He's going to be insufferable.

Bernie's deflections on the 2016 question from Ana is why I never look forward to seeing him--and he seems to come on this show quite a lot, unfortunately. He never owns his role in making Trump president and it makes him insufferable. And inserting the same talking points about the poor into practically every answer he gives, no matter the subject of the question asked, comes across pretty hollow because of that cognitive dissonance he displays whenever asked about his own role in having caused so much of it. Almost as bad as Ted Cruz on Monday. I didn't really pay attention to the Chuck Schumer interview yesterday because he's pretty boring.

I hope Ana will be on every day while McCain is gone. Maybe that'll make up for the fact that she wasn't present for nearly the whole second half of last season when they went remote.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Ana's absolutely said stuff that I've found stupid years ago on other shows tbh. I can't get into it because it would be OT. 

I've heard plenty of things she's said pre-Trump that I didn't care for (including on The View), and I still like her actually. At least she expresses her opinions respectfully and with some manners, which makes all the difference.

• Love 8

Last week they had a segment shilling Olay creams/serums but pretending it was a PSA.  Just part of why I DVR everything, including the News.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 8:26 PM, falltime said:

Thursday, Oct. 1 – Tanya Acker, Patricia Dimango, Michael Corriero (“Hot Bench”)

Is there any reason for these people?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I had to look them up. Apparently they are judges on some court show.  Been on since 2014. Who knew? Certainly not me.

Their show is called Hot Bench - Judge Judy is the "owner" of the show.  I love this show, they took it off in Chicago for the Drew Barrymore show.  We are LUCKY we get Drew twice a day 2p on CBS and 5p on local Fox.  Judge Tanya is amazing, she's so smart and so beautiful - I feel that this is Judy's on air try out of who will replace her when she retires.  Tanya would kill it.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I will join you at your table.  We can make it a party.  There is such a difference in the two candidates and their plans for the next four years.  I don't see how anyone can waver between the two.

Never mind!

Edited by Pearson80

Like Joy, I don't really believe there are "undecided" voters... I think it's a case of people who are too embarrassed to say who they're voting for (whoever that may be), for whatever reason. I don't agree with her that Biden should skip the debates--doesn't harm him to attend--but I do agree with her that he has nothing to gain from the debates other than to say he attended them and did his duty. He also has nothing to lose by attending them, imo. It's more of a case of "Why not?" for me in regards to the debates, because like her I doubt anyone will be swayed from who they'll vote for anyway.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Like Joy, I don't really believe there are "undecided" voters... I think it's a case of people who are too embarrassed to say who they're voting for (whoever that may be), for whatever reason. I don't agree with her that Biden should skip the debates--doesn't harm him to attend--but I do agree with her that he has nothing to gain from the debates other than to say he attended them and did his duty. He also has nothing to lose by attending them, imo. It's more of a case of "Why not?" for me in regards to the debates, because like her I doubt anyone will be swayed from who they'll vote for anyway.

Biden has to go. If he doesn't Trump will say he is incapacitated or something along those lines. 

And I also agree with Joy. For someone who isn't a die hard supporter of either candidate they might not want anyone to know who they are voting for.  Meghan will never tell us who she is voting for.

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

And I also agree with Joy. For someone who isn't a die hard supporter of either candidate they might not want anyone to know who they are voting for.  Meghan will never tell us who she is voting for.

I think it is pretty clear who Megan will vote for, despite everything..

• Love 18

I understand Joy's point, but if the debates are held Biden has to participate (although I won't be watching - fool me once as they say).  But I'd prefer if they just cancelled the next two debates.  Just more free air time for him to lie, bully and bluster.  Blech!  

• Love 6
On 10/1/2020 at 8:31 AM, blondiec0332 said:

I will join you at your table.  We can make it a party.  There is such a difference in the two candidates and their plans for the next four years.  I don't see how anyone can waver between the two.

On 10/1/2020 at 8:18 AM, Spartan Girl said:

I have to agree with Joy: I'm done with undecided voters. To be honest, I've been done with them since 2016

I feel /share Joy’s exasperation. We are old and I can’t imagine my life like the last 4 years  + quarantine. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Year
  • Love 8

I completely get Joy's frustration with undecided voters.  Even in a "regular" election (preTrump) undecided voters drive me nuts. After at least a year of campaigning they still cannot decide, unbelievable.  This time around is ridiculous.  If they want Trump, own it, stop pretending to be  considering both sides. A friend used to say they just want attention lol.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I disagree with Joy that Biden should skip the debates. It would make him look weak and afraid. If he goes and keeps his cool and shows empathy (esp in a town hall setting) it will continue to illustrate how different he is from trump.  

More often than not I agree with Joy, but in this instance I do not for the same reason. The 2012 Biden would have destroyed Trump, but the current Biden can still handle him just fine. He's not weak, afraid, or someone who needs to hide in his basement. 

I'm not sure how Whoopi heard grandfather when Joy said grandson. She usually hears clearly. 

I also think the undecided voters are staunch Republicans. I know many people who will never, ever vote Democrat. They defend Republicans in office as they would their own family. The undecided folks aren't quite as tribal, but they're not too different. 

My heart goes out to Chrissy Teigen and her husband. The picture of her holding her baby is so heartbreaking. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

My heart goes out to Chrissy Teigen and her husband. The picture of her holding her baby is so heartbreaking. 

It was and what made it even sadder was the fact that she had had difficulties getting pregnant and was so happy to get pregnant without the use of IVF. He was a wonderful surprise, Chrissy went for a routine exam, was required to take a pregnancy test and was floored to find out that she was expecting.. Sunny saying that she had had 5 miscarriages was heartbreaking as well.. I am glad Nutmeg was not there to recount her  own miscarriage.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11