Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/21/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, bannana said:

Whoopi did a masterful job decimating MeAgain's points re being Kavanaughed and the Catholic contestant being persecuted.

It was very entertaining that MeAgain repeated what she said yesterday, then said that she said this yesterday, then repeated that she this yesterday.

Sara came well prepared and made MeAgain look like an idiot.

But the best was when Whoopi rightly pointed out that she had not heard, nor had anyone else, that there was a smear job on a Catholic woman contender; and, that by merely pointing that out, it was creating the opportunity for social media to pick it up and make it a thing. Whoopi is so right. MeAgain reads something on Twitter or watches it on Fox and turns it into a thing. Then Whoopi pointed out that Catholic female SC contender couldn't be Kavanaughed. Cause Kavanaugh was scrutinized because of alleged rape charges, and as far as she knows, Catholic female SC contender is not being accused of rape. MeAgain wanted to rebut but Whoopi just did a flourish with her hands and went to break.

https://news.yahoo.com/whoopi-goldberg-explains-meghan-mccain-182701945.html

I thought Whoopi handled Meghan beautifully today too. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Sara came well prepared and made MeAgain look like an idiot.

I think Sara figured out pretty quickly Meghan is going to come at her hard to try to undermine whatever she says.  And Sara has decided to plan a rebuttal for whatever Meghan throws at her.  And the thing is (TM Whoopi Goldberg) Sara has only been repeating things that has been verified. It's not like Sara is pontificating like someone we know.   Meghan has decided it's her job to defend her team no matter what.  She admitted she thinks seating a replacement for RBG right now is a very risky move and will ultimately cost her team. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Seeing that pic of Sunny giving birth, with Manny right there beside her, makes me think I really don't believe that she wears make-up to bed to ensure that he never sees what she looks like.

Those photos reaffirms the fact that some photos need to be kept private, and not published in a book or shown on television. Just my opinion...

• Love 2

Will Meghan talk about the double standard of Trump speaking ill of Ilhan Omar and compare it to that judge who is Catholic, or will she side step the question and accuse Ilhan of antisemitism again? Or will Whoopi ask another question so that Meghan doesn't have to talk about this and just ramble on about something else? Find out after the break.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Will Meghan talk about the double standard of Trump speaking ill of Ilhan Omar and compare it to that judge who is Catholic, or will she side step the question and accuse Ilhan of antisemitism again? Or will Whoopi ask another question so that Meghan doesn't have to talk about this and just ramble on about something else? Find out after the break.

I’m betting we watch her ramble through several non-points and throw in a “ we can have that conversation “

• Love 3

Let me guess.  Meghan didn't bring up the elephant in her (family) room.

This is the problem when you have someone with ties to major news stories who doesn't want to discuss the major news story.

Edited to add. Apparently that elephant was just too big to stay in the room.  But of course Joy had to let it loose.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

LMFAOOOOOOO the only reason I tuned in today is to hear someone bring up the big news about Cindy, and it’s HILARIOUS that Joy was the one to to bring it up! Thanks Joy! I guess this explains why Meghan was so nasty to Sara on Monday! She knew what was coming 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Axie said:

Maybe.  Or, she may have been nasty to Sara because she’s a nasty person and she sees Sara as the weakest link.

Why not both?! She’s a nasty person and was particularly nasty to Sara because she knew what was coming 😂

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

The picture of the crowd at that rally was frightening, wow!  I will never understand why people are choosing to be willfully ignorant about a virus that can kill you but can also leave you with permanent damages to your health.. Is sticking it to the liberals really that important?  I would think that their health and that of their families and friends would be more important. Without good health, your quality of life diminishes. 

Pittsburgh is local for me. I live in an adjacent state and that rally was held less than 50 miles from where I live.  There are some small towns on the outskirts of Pittsburgh and as someone who has driven through those small towns the rally attendees look just like the people who live in those small towns.

14 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I am at work, and cannot watch, but I took a break to catch up with you guys to see if "My Mother"   was going to be mentioned.  

I have to say, most days this forum is more entertaining than the actual show. 

Since I’m no longer a regular viewer of the show, I choose to watch this forum instead. Yes, it’s very entertaining lol. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 14
33 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

The picture of the crowd at that rally was frightening, wow!  I will never understand why people are choosing to be willfully ignorant about a virus that can kill you but can also leave you with permanent damages to your health.. Is sticking it to the liberals really that important?  I would think that their health and that of their families and friends would be more important. Without good health, your quality of life diminishes. 

I agree, I look at those crowds and think the same thing.  My guess is that those people don't believe the facts/don't think it will affect them. I see it all the time on Facebook. All I can figure is they only watch Fox and it's been ingrained in them to not believe the media, except for Fox.

• Love 7

on Monday's show, i thought Meghan was (subconsciously?) channeling Carole Baskin. Then I started to worry the yet to be hatched Johnbenghan and hoped to god that they didn't have cats! (nothing against cats)

• LOL 3

I hated hot topics. It felt like they talked around the topics. 

I thought Meghan hated ageism?  Yet, she keeps saying she's tired old people running the debates....wtf, idiot. 

I don't listen to Desus and Mero regularly, my now 28 year old son used to listen to them a lot,a few years ago. When He still lived at home. I have watched them here and there over the years. Thay have made me laugh hard, not today. They just got on my nerves 😄.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I agree, I look at those crowds and think the same thing.  My guess is that those people don't believe the facts/don't think it will affect them. I see it all the time on Facebook. All I can figure is they only watch Fox and it's been ingrained in them to not believe the media, except for Fox.

but i have seen even fox telling people to wear masks.  do they think the 200000 that have died are really just a lie? amazing

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Axie said:

Whoopie and Sara seem to be having more problems than usual expressing themselves today.  Maybe they just haven’t gotten to the meat and potatoes of the discussion yet.

Sara is either over rehearsed, reading from a teleprompter or both. 

She never sounds natural.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Ooh, a trifecta!  "My Mother, My Father, My home state..."

1 hour ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

LMFAOOOOOOO the only reason I tuned in today is to hear someone bring up the big news about Cindy, and it’s HILARIOUS that Joy was the one to to bring it up! Thanks Joy! I guess this explains why Meghan was so nasty to Sara on Monday! She knew what was coming 🤣🤣🤣

Oh come on, now! Y'all know I also stopped watching this a year ago. What happened? DETAILS!!!

On 9/22/2020 at 7:16 AM, Haleth said:

For which they apologized. (Albeit reluctantly.)  Has Meg ever apologized for anything she said?

I’m still OOT and did not see the show, but Meg’s coining of the word “Kavanaughed”?  Does she not remember Bork or being “borked”?  (Right. Before her time.)

LOL I'll never forget that moment. 

I'll be nice and say Meghan looks beautiful today. I like her hair and makeup.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1

WOW!

Meghan definitely avoided her "Mommie Dearest's" endorsement today, even though it's the big headliner this morning. This only serves as a reminder that Meghan and Cindy are not particularly close, which is more than evident on this show.

It's not like this was a big surprise - I knew on Super Tuesday they'd be backing him in November. I'm glad Joy brought it up, but there must've been hell to pay after the show. I wish they talked about this more, as this was rather news worthy. 

As far as the photos from Trump's rally - did anyone notice the crowd was bigger than his inauguration crowd?

The interview with 'Captain Mark Kelly' became boring rather quickly. It dragged on and on for far too long. I learned nothing new about him as a candidate, or what he brings to the table. He just appeared to be a 'likeable' guy, but as Meghan likes to say 'no meat and potatoes'.

The interview with Desus and Mero was a complete waste of time for me. A few minutes in, and it was time for me to hit 'delete' from my DVR.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan gives no fucks about people who aren't part of her tribe. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I’m not sure what polls MM reads but I just checked and from what I can tell Biden has around 70% of the Hispanic vote nationally.  Maybe it’s not as high as Hillary’s,  it still pretty significant.  The race is closer among Hispanics in FL, TX, and AZ though I think Biden still holds a smaller lead there.  I think she somewhat overstated her point there.  And she can’t explain why the rally attendees are maskless...I thought her job was to explain things like that to the rest of us.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I’m not sure what polls MM reads but I just checked and from what I can tell Biden has around 70% of the Hispanic vote nationally.  Maybe it’s not as high as Hillary’s,  it still pretty significant.  The race is closer among Hispanics in FL, TX, and AZ though I think Biden still holds a smaller lead there.  I think she somewhat overstated her point there.  And she can’t explain why the rally attendees are maskless...I thought her job was to explain things like that to the rest of us.

Thank you reminding me about Meghan's Hispanic poll. She and others in the media are really pushing this idea that Biden is losing Hispanic voters. Florida is what they keep talking about. We Hispanics live all over this country and have different views on politics than the very specific view Florida Hispanics have. Meghan just loves to keep saying that because like always if you say it enough some will completely believe it's true.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Axie said:

Maybe.  Or, she may have been nasty to Sara because she’s a nasty person and she sees Sara as the weakest link.

Did Meghan replace Jed or Paula Farris?  Had Sara officially replaced Michelle Collins when Meghan started? (That was when I stopped watching because Michelle was just "poofed out" for Sara and didn't even get a 5 min goodbye). My head is spinning!

Meghan does see Sara as the weakest link!!! But who was there first?

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Did Meghan replace Jed or Paula Farris?  Had Sara officially replaced Michelle Collins when Meghan started? (That was when I stopped watching because Michelle was just "poofed out" for Sara and didn't even get a 5 min goodbye). My head is spinning!

Meghan does see Sara as the weakest link!!! But who was there first?

Sara was there first. She left not long after McCain started though, because I don't think she wanted to deal with the kind of heated arguing McCain brought to the show if she didn't have to and GMA Day was an opportunity to get away. So McCain probably thinks she can run Sara off again, but the difference is Sara probably needs this job now. When Sara started reappearing on the show last season, you could tell she'd steeled herself to deal with anything McCain threw at her. I'm glad she's holding her own and that Whoopi is giving her her chance to speak despite McCain's behavior.

Speaking of that, I thought McCain must've been talked to because she acted totally different today from the past week and a half. She actually let Sara speak without going psychotic afterwards.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Thank you reminding me about Meghan's Hispanic poll. She and others in the media are really pushing this idea that Biden is losing Hispanic voters. Florida is what they keep talking about. We Hispanics live all over this country and have different views on politics than the very specific view Florida Hispanics have. Meghan just loves to keep saying that because like always if you say it enough some will completely believe it's true.

Even the statistics Meghan was talking about were a stretch.  It wasn't that Biden didn't have hispanic votes.  It was something very specific, like Cuban Americans who live in FLorida.  (I may not have it exactly right)   

The thing is, they had a bunch of numbers and found a way to make it seem like Biden isnt doing well.   "Fewer voters of Cuban descent in FLorida support Biden than supported Hillary 4 years ago"  is extrapolated to say "Hispanic Americans are leaving Biden in droves!" 

It always reminds me of baseball announcers who will come up with some bizarre statistic to fill the airtime. "Only 4% of second basemen have scored triples in the 4th inning of a home game." 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 7

The rumors going around before Sara left was that Megan was bullying Sara and didn't think she belonged on a show with such hard hitting political punditry. So when Sarah got the opportunity to leave, she took it. While it was also about hosting her own show, there was a good peppering of getting the fuck away from Megan.

Granted, I've only seen an episode in a half since they've been back, but Sara is finally bringing a gun to the fight. She was never this aggressive in her original iteration on the show.

For Sara, I think it's also a fight for her survival at ABC. She already had her own show, and that didn't work, and The View isn't exactly a stable place of employment. So she's trying to make waves.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Even the statistics Meghan was talking about were a stretch.  It wasn't that Biden didn't have hispanic votes.  It was something very specific, like Cuban Americans who live in FLorida.  (I may not have it exactly right)   

The thing is, they had a bunch of numbers and found a way to make it seem like Biden isnt doing well.   "Fewer voters of Cuban descent in FLorida support Biden than supported Hillary 4 years ago"  is extrapolated to say "Hispanic Americans are leaving Biden in droves!" 

It always reminds me of baseball announcers who will come up with some bizarre statistic to fill the airtime. "Only 4% of second basemen have scored triples in the 4th inning of a home game." 

Biden is down with older Cubans who normally vote Republican due to their history back home, the younger generation of Cuban-Americans have a different perspective since they are not as dogmatic as their older counterparts.  As usual, Nutmeg the so-called pundint does know what she is talking about.

I loved Sunny's bemused expression as Nutmeg was giving a lecture on the Latino vote in Florida.

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

We removed the posts comparing the protests to the rallies.  Since the protests and subsequent comparisons were not mentioned on the show, they are off topic for this discussion.  Stick to what was discussed on the show.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Biden is down with older Cubans who normally vote Republican due to their history back home, the younger generation of Cuban-Americans have a different perspective since they are not as dogmatic as their older counterparts.  As usual, Nutmeg the so-called pundint does know what she is talking about.

I loved Sunny's bemused expression as Nutmeg was giving a lecture on the Latino vote in Florida.

LMAO! Poor Sunny probably does her best to not have a permanent "WTF" face. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Two things stood out about the episode. 

Meghan's fake eyelashes were so over the top, she reminded me of the Muppet Janice.

image.png.b64e08754accae766642647f3c484518.png

I loved Mark Kelly shutting down Meghan's attempt to talk about Arizona as a red state, possibly turning blue. He was dismissive of the topic, said AZ is an independent state.  I appreciate someone finally calling her out on simplifying every issue as red vs blue.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
15 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

The rumors going around before Sara left was that Megan was bullying Sara and didn't think she belonged on a show with such hard hitting political punditry. So when Sarah got the opportunity to leave, she took it. While it was also about hosting her own show, there was a good peppering of getting the fuck away from Megan.

If you go back to the articles this summer on Sara's return, one in-depth article mentioned that Sara has a general contract with ABC, unlike the other co-hosts. Meaning, Sara can be moved around from show to show, at ABC's discretion - and Sara has no say. She had told one reporter that she never wanted to leave 'The View' a few years ago, but ABC yanked her from the show and put her in 'GMA 3' - even though it wasn't her choice to go. (And before that, she worked for GMA, until ABC pulled her from there and put her on 'The View' - again, not her choice).

The other co-hosts have a specified contract with ABC, and they were hired solely for 'The View'. So ABC can't yank one of them from the show and put them in 'GMA' or 'GMA 3' or any other talk show they develop, unless they consent to that. (I don't know if this applies to Ana, though). 

If I'm not mistaken Paula Farris was / is also under the same type of contract as Sara - and they can bounce her around wherever she is needed.

• Useful 4

The whole Breonna situation is just disgusting. Everything from her killing, to her boyfriend being arrested, to the cops saying they did the legal and moral thing even though the person they wanted was in jail when they broke into Breonna's house. Then only one cop is charged for shooting a neighbour's wall. But only the white one.

It's so in your face how racist this entire thing is. As a black person, this isn't surprising but it still sucks to see happen.

Edit: I almost wish Meghan was in today (wait wait, hear me out before you look at this part in disgust). I almost wish Meghan was here today, so she could be asked about the lack of justice that black people get in this country, how racist the justice is for black people in this country and whether or not 'rioting' really matters when cops can get away with murdering black people? I want someone to ask this of her and I want to see her try to justify putting blame on protesters.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

The whole Breonna situation is just disgusting. Everything from her killing, to her boyfriend being arrested, to the cops saying they did the legal and moral thing even though the person they wanted was in jail when they broke into Breonna's house. Then only one cop is charged for shooting a neighbour's wall. But only the white one.

It's so in your face how racist this entire thing is. As a black person, this isn't surprising but it still sucks to see happen.

I have been crying since yesterday and it just reinforces what we Black people have always known: our lives don't matter..  That attorney general in Kentucky disgusts me even more, how can you say that Breonna's murder was justified.. In his announcement, he felt the need to say that he is a Black man somehow that would soften  the blow. You may be skinfolk but you are not kinfolk..

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I have been crying since yesterday and it just reinforces what we Black people have always known: our lives don't matter..  That attorney general in Kentucky disgusts me even more, how can you say that Breonna's murder was justified.. In his announcement, he felt the need to say that he is a Black man somehow that would soften  the blow. You may be skinfolk but you are not kinfolk..

They can't even admit they made a mistake.  Her family got a financial settlement very quickly so somebody in that city recognized what happened to her was wrong.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Edit: I almost wish Meghan was in today (wait wait, hear me out before you look at this part in disgust). I almost wish Meghan was here today, so she could be asked about the lack of justice that black people get in this country, how racist the justice is for black people in this country and whether or not 'rioting' really matters when cops can get away with murdering black people? I want someone to ask this of her and I want to see her try to justify putting blame on protesters.

MM's response to those type of questions may very well be why she's not on air today.   It's not the first time MM has been conveniently absent or strategically left out of an interview when it come to racially sensitive topics.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 19