Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/21/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, September 21 – Neil deGrasse Tyson (“Cosmos: Possible Worlds”)

Tuesday, September 22 – Chelsea Clinton (Author, “She Persisted in Sports”)

Wednesday, September 23 — Arizona Democratic Senate nominee Mark Kelly; Desus & Mero (Author, “God-Level Knowledge Darts”)

Thursday, September 24 — Chris Rock (“Fargo”)

Friday, September 25 — Jeff Daniels (“The Comey Rule”)

• Love 3

I can't wait to see Chelsea. She is everything Nutmeg wishes she could be..

Desus and Mero should be fun. The last time they were on the show, I remember Nutmeg was practically begging to be on their show because AOC was on there. Nutmeg wants to be down with the cool crowd.. 

Nutmeg will try to filet Mark Kelly and will fail as always..

Chris Rock needs to explain his nonsensical statements but I am sure Sunny will be on it..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 15
52 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I can't wait to see Chelsea. She is everything Nutmeg wishes she could be..

Desus and Mero should be fun. The last time they were on the show, I remember Nutmeg was practically begging to be on their show because AOC was on there. Nutmeg wants to be down with the cool crowd.. 

Nutmeg will try to filet Mark Kelly and will fail as always..

Chris Rock needs to explain his nonsensical statements but I am sure Sunny will be on it..

First Daughter to start with!

I have always found Chris Rock to be one of the most talented comedians around, but I haven't heard much about him lately. I wonder if Nutmeg has heard his jokes about MyFather and if she will be nice. One of you-know-who's infamous comments about MyFather is straight from Chris Rock. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

First Daughter to start with!

Also intelligent, well-spoken, well-educated, a world traveler, and represents her segment of society without being obnoxious. 

• Love 21

I can't wait for MeAgain to attack Mark Kelly, and remind him it's her father's seat he would be trying to fill, and no one can fill her father's seat no matter how they try, and don't forget - she knows more about Arizona politics than he ever will...and then an exhausted Whoopi will break for commercial.

Or she will be off the show on Wednesday.

As for Chelsea, she will slip in that they are both 'first daughters' from the White House, even though MeAgain is not. But she will try to slip it in anyway, pretending that her father won two terms in the White House, and dare someone to correct her.

Or she will be off the show Tuesday, too.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Oh Good Grief Megan: what's up with the Gold Tiara on her head?!  To let us know she is the "Princess"?! 🙂  And she had to let us know she did NOT cry when RBG died like all the other women did, but she did cry when Scalia died(rolling my eyes).

• Love 18

Meghan is wearing a bird nest on her head and has a big ass white spot under her eye.  Guess she’s been cleaning out the gutters.  And, poor thing has apparently been discriminated against in the workplace while pregnant.  She hasn’t been in her workplace while pregnant, but, ok.

• LOL 8
  • Love 13

Whoopi, as a moderator you don't just cut to commercial when Meghan isn't following the rules. You tell her to let Sara speak and then let Sara speak. By going to commercial and then not letting Sara say what she wanted to say, you're silencing her and making her feel like she can't even make a rebuttal.

Edit: I'm glad that Whoopi let Sara speak when they came back. Hopefully Whoopi does more of this if she goes to break due to Meghan.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Useful 3
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Whoopi, as a moderator you don't just cut to commercial when Meghan isn't following the rules. You tell her to let Sara speak and then let Sara speak. By going to commercial and then not letting Sara say what she wanted to say, you're silencing her and making her feel like she can't even make a rebuttal.

Exactly!  Megan has to butt in while Sarah is trying to make a point & then accuses Sarah of 'slandering the judge"(they were talking about one of the women named as a possible replacement). Arrggg...

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Oh Good Grief Megan: what's up with the Gold Tiara on her head?!  To let us know she is the "Princess"?! 🙂  And she had to let us know she did NOT cry when RBG died like all the other women did, but she did cry when Scalia died(rolling my eyes).

I don’t mind Meghan at all but I did not think it was necessary to let us know she didn’t cry.

Sara is the most mature lady on this panel, such a breath of fresh air. Even when Meghan was trying to cut her off, she just smiles and does not loose her cool or throw out a rant. Joy on the other hand....she is constantly throwing tantrums. So annoying.

• Love 2

It seemed like the “Make Oprah Richer” segment lasted longer than usual.

”What if aliens have a taste for young black women?”   WTH are you talking about Whoopie?

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mldyold said:

MM should want to recognize what RBG did for her sisters, perhaps her judicial choice would not even be in the running to replace RBG if that road hadn't been paved so many years ago. 

For someone like Meghan born a rich white woman she has never had to think about how much RBG did to help women (and not just women but anyone who has been treated as not an equal) make progress.  She is just a nasty hateful person. 

7 minutes ago, Mldyold said:

The blind allegiance to her team and the word liberal said with disdain continually convinces me that her affection for Biden is over and he will not be her choice in November.  Interestingly her mother has come out in support of Biden.

Meghan rarely mentions her family anymore. I think she has isolated herself to have only people who sees things the way she does around her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

yeah, what the hell was that???????????

what grown woman would think that was anything to wear, especially on what is supposed to be a somewhat serious talk show

so distracting

and, yeah, of course she did not cry when RBG died and did she pretty much actually say that she was now voting for Trump?

i thought she had felt his slur of her father was too much to allow that, but guess the tribe is more important

enjoyed the rest of them, well, except whoopie's poor attempt to moderate and talk

• Love 13
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I muted the TV after this. She was ridiculous and didn't let any of the other women talk. I wanted to hear Sunny's rebuttal.

Edited by leftlane
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, OnTime said:

meat and potatoes.....meat and potatoes.... meat and potatoes.....

Is that Meghan's new phrase???

Along with chickens coming home to roost (Friday she said this without mentioning the chickens!).

And calling balls and strikes.

28 minutes ago, cinsays said:

did she pretty much actually say that she was now voting for Trump?

I think it was just last week where she said she hated Trump, "everyone knows that". How then can she vote for him?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, cinsays said:

and did she pretty much actually say that she was now voting for Trump?

I thought this was actually a pretty important point that Meghan made. That despite hating Trump, the death of RBG might make Republicans (aka her) vote for him if it means a judge who is anti-choice gets picked. I thought that said a lot.

I did laugh when they showed the clip of Meghan's uncle being a hypocrite. I wish the panel mentioned this more pointedly. Ask Meghan why it's okay to delay it when it's Obama but not when it's Trump? If it's just about winning, then how is this talk about unity means nothing since one side is about conceding to the right while the right cares only about themselves.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Oh Good Grief Megan: what's up with the Gold Tiara on her head?!

I thought it might be to keep her brain in her head.  Then I reminded myself, Meghan doesn't have a brain.

I think she is going to be in full force because she should be leaving by Oct 7.

Expect her to be more unbearable than ever these last few weeks! (and yes, that is possible!)

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

When Sara said they were all moms, I was sure that MeAgain was going to again state that she is technically not a mom. 🙃

So was MeAgain implying that ABC wanted to treat her poorly and possibly even fire her for being pregnant? Because otherwise her comments made no sense (the part where she said it affected her personally because she is pregnant).

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, bannana said:

When Sara said they were all moms, I was sure that MeAgain was going to again state that she is technically not a mom. 🙃

So was MeAgain implying that ABC wanted to treat her poorly and possibly even fire her for being pregnant? Because otherwise her comments made no sense (the part where she said it affected her personally because she is pregnant).

Anytime Meghan gets criticized, she chalks it up to sexism, and how women should be supportive of other women, and men criticize her because they don't think women are as good.    It's not much of a stretch to think Meghan has been "talked to"  about her interruptions, and her minutes-long run-on sentences that take up more than her allotted time.  And I"m am certain she is capable of viewing that as being treated unfairly because of her pregnancy.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Anytime Meghan gets criticized, she chalks it up to sexism, and how women should be supportive of other women, and men criticize her because they don't think women are as good.    It's not much of a stretch to think Meghan has been "talked to"  about her interruptions, and her minutes-long run-on sentences that take up more than her allotted time.  And I"m am certain she is capable of viewing that as being treated unfairly because of her pregnancy.  

Yes. Anytime Meghan is criticized she says it's because she is a woman. A Republican. A conservative. And now pregnant.  She will go to her death without ever acknowledging she is criticized because of her words and actions.  She shares that trait without someone else.

• Love 22

I've been trying to get through the episode for three hours. I can't take it. Now Neil deGrasse Tyson's segment is on, and I'm not sure why, but I don't have the appetite for it, today. 

Meghan's baby is due in just a couple of weeks. I can't wait 'til she and her tacky tiara take a little time off.

• Love 10

This show is getting worse and worse, every day.   Amazed that ABC, since they categorize this show as News, doesn't do something about her.  So viewership is up?  That could be because viewers want to see what venom she spews.  Honestly i have survived Elisabeth, Jed Sherry and Jenny, but, this is too too much.  Besides being the most humorless woman I have ever seen, the whine, the eye-rolling, the disrespect to the co-panel, and I say "co-panel", because she is a part of 5 women, and to guests is appalling.  And. I am not sure I can take the much longer.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Yes. Anytime Meghan is criticized she says it's because she is a woman. A Republican. A conservative. And now pregnant.  She will go to her death without ever acknowledging she is criticized because of her words and actions.  She shares that trait without someone else.

There are people in my life on both the left and right who are dear to me. I may have a VERY hard time understanding the way some people view certain issues. However, if I see a kind person, I do not care about politics, religion, gender, race, nationality, nothing. I'm sure this is many of the people who don't care for Meghan. It's strictly her personality. Meghan is not merely outspoken, she is mean and rude. Some people who are tough at least try to take it easy on those they know are total opposites and leave the venom for people who can take it and give it right back. Meghan was so rude to Sara today, knowing Sara is sweet and not the type to fight back. And of course she'd bring up the hardship of pregnant women now! I'm surprised she hasn't said people hate her because she's a white woman, or that rich people have it harder than white people. For whatever reason, she loves to throw a pity party. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 12

It was completely unnecessary for MeAgain to say she didn't cry. Just don't say anything if you didn't, but no, she had to make a point of it.  There is absolutely no doubt who she will vote for.  I think she is probably relieved that now she has an excuse, she was going to all along anyway, regardless of what has been said about her father.

The way she went after Sara was uncalled for.  Sara was simply reading something Coney Barrett had said herself.  I am glad that MeAgain will be on maternity leave during the election and the hearings.  With our luck she will rush back.  I think she needs to take at least six months, how about a year?

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

There is absolutely no doubt who she will vote for.  I think she is probably relieved that now she has an excuse, she was going to all along anyway, regardless of what has been said about her father.

And the thing is, this doesn't change anything for her or the never-Trumper Repubs. It has always been about the Supreme Court. If RBG passed after the election and the Dems had the majority they would name a Dem. So now she is saying this a game-changer and can affect the election? Wasn't that always the case?

Plus she brings up this violence angle again.  She is such an alarmist.

• Love 12