Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/21/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I am glad that MeAgain will be on maternity leave during the election and the hearings.  With our luck she will rush back.

DEBBOE311, I think you are right.  Meghan will cut her maternity leave short.  She will not want to lose the attention she would get by being "the only conservative voice" on the panel during the election.  

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I am glad that MeAgain will be on maternity leave during the election and the hearings.  With our luck she will rush back.  I think she needs to take at least six months, how about a year?

How about indefinitely?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

It was completely unnecessary for MeAgain to say she didn't cry. Just don't say anything if you didn't, but no, she had to make a point of it.  There is absolutely no doubt who she will vote for.  I think she is probably relieved that now she has an excuse, she was going to all along anyway, regardless of what has been said about her father.

The way she went after Sara was uncalled for.  Sara was simply reading something Coney Barrett had said herself.  I am glad that MeAgain will be on maternity leave during the election and the hearings.  With our luck she will rush back.  I think she needs to take at least six months, how about a year?

how about forever............ she brings the mood down every day she is on and i don't find that entertaining at all

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, bannana said:

And the thing is, this doesn't change anything for her or the never-Trumper Repubs. It has always been about the Supreme Court. If RBG passed after the election and the Dems had the majority they would name a Dem. So now she is saying this a game-changer and can affect the election? Wasn't that always the case?

Plus she brings up this violence angle again.  She is such an alarmist.

Exactly....who are all these people on the left that she is referring to that are going to create violence about courts?   She needs to call out specifics rather than just say the left.   Whenever Whoopi Joy or Sunny said something about the right, they have to preface it with, "Not you MM" or else she throws a fit about them generalizing. 

Would have loved to hear more from Sunny regarding the Supreme Court pick given she's the only lawyer and I believe only Catholic on the panel.

15 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

DEBBOE311, I think you are right.  Meghan will cut her maternity leave short.  She will not want to lose the attention she would get by being "the only conservative voice" on the panel during the election.  

I especially think she'll cut it short if they have a really smart conservative guest host that tests well with the group and audience.   

I like Sarah most when she expresses an actual point of view instead of just trying to appease everyone.   She was great today.   Even with MM attacking her character.   Hopefully that was a turning point for Sarah and she'll stop trying to normalize MM's behavior.   

• Love 12

I think being at home suits Whoopie.  She has made much more logical sense in her arguments/stances recently.   

That being said -- MM and her Tiara -- I thought it was just the staff at "The View" trying to do her in, but nah -- she has some self deluded issues.  She really is better received and not hate watched when she is calm, multi-sided and wearing stylish yet non-aggressive in your face fashion choices.  Trust me, I am not a fashion queen but for her the "in your faceness" of her acts/tempter tantrums and clothes seem hand in hand.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, debbie311 said:

I am glad that MeAgain will be on maternity leave during the election and the hearings.  With our luck she will rush back.  I think she needs to take at least six months, how about a year?

My concern is because they are remote, she will be back sooner! UGH

If they were in the studio, I think she would be off longer.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Oy vey, what a show today !

This should have been a tribute to RBG, honoring her legacy. Instead we got chaos in the classroom!

It started off with the cheesy music, and the unflattering B&W photos of RBG which made her look like a ghost. I thought they were kicking off a Halloween episode early.

Joy, Sara, Sunny all paid their respects and then MeAgain tells the teacher they should break for recess, because she has ' a lot' to say. At least she warned them - so they were prepared.

And did she have a lot to say ! A lot of nothing of interest, but she went on and on and on. She got all her 'meat and potatoes' out of her mouth (I guess the chickens have finished roosting and flew away from home?), managed to start a fight with the prettiest girl in the class, who I thought was going to cry from MeAgain's unnecessary attack on a nominee's Catholicism of all things.

Well, one recess break wasn't enough - the teacher had to stop everything and tell everyone to take another recess break hoping they'd cool off!

Then came the guest teacher of the day - Neil deGrasse Tyson, who I was hoping would've told MeAgain that he has a special telescope that can see the Heavens, and her daddy is very upset with her.

At the end of the day, they had show and tell. As we all suffered through the lifeless Adam Glassman telling us why we need to spend money no one has on more handbags, eyeglasses, candles and cosmetics - because the ones he sold us two months ago just wasn't enough to make ABC happy - viewers wonder what address they should have the crap shipped to, since who knows where they'll be living once they get evicted?

Well, the kick off to week 3 came to a close. I think every viewer was ready to take lunch, all having a hankering for 'meat and potatoes'.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5

So according to Meghun, there is a bias against judge Amy B. because she is Catholic mother of 7 but Muslim or Jewish judge wouldn't get smeared. 

What planet is she on? If Muslim judge said the kingdom of god quote, maaannnyy would be against them. Who am I kidding? They wouldn't need to say that quote to get hate.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

If Meghan does not come back they will have to change the name of the show to "The Liberal View"

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, falltime said:

So according to Meghun, there is a bias against judge Amy B. because she is Catholic mother of 7 but Muslim or Jewish judge wouldn't get smeared. 

What planet is she on? If Muslim judge said the kingdom of god quote, maaannnyy would be against them. Who am I kidding? They wouldn't need to say that quote to get hate.

Meghan is delusional. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, General Days said:

I've been trying to get through the episode for three hours. I can't take it. Now Neil deGrasse Tyson's segment is on, and I'm not sure why, but I don't have the appetite for it, today. 

Meghan's baby is due in just a couple of weeks. I can't wait 'til she and her tacky tiara take a little time off.

Serious question - do you really think she will take more than a few days off after the baby is born?  I do not.  I believe she thinks she owes it to Middle America to speak for them.  Right.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

I kinda like the tactic of screaming "I would be very careful of slandering!" when someone is about to direct quote someone.  And Meghan just praised democrats and republicans who are able to get along literally minutes earlier.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, mxmummy said:

If Meghan does not come back they will have to change the name of the show to "The Liberal View"

I would enjoy having Abby Huntsman return to the panel.  Ana Navarro is listed as a Republican who is not a Trump follower.  Whoopie has often talked as if she is a Libertarian when she talks about her money/taxes.  It is possible to have Republican or Libertarians on the show without being rude and sarcastic.  Abby and Nicole Wallace were excellent examples of sitting at the table with members with different views.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
38 minutes ago, davey3932 said:

I kinda like the tactic of screaming "I would be very careful of slandering!" when someone is about to direct quote someone.  

LOL Only Meghan. Poor Sara. 

41 minutes ago, davey3932 said:

And Meghan just praised democrats and republicans who are able to get along literally minutes earlier.  

She has been talking the talking of wanting to get along for years, but she has yet to walk the walk. She is the epitome of a snowflake. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, mxmummy said:

Or they could just call it, "The View, where we respect each others' opinions."  😇

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 19
10 hours ago, Axie said:

Yep. Meghan’s voting for Trump.  And, she’s accusing Sara of slander before Sara even says anything.

Voting for the man who maligned her father just to stick with her team that didn't stick up for him either. Let that sink in.

God help that poor unborn baby.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

LOL Only Meghan. Poor Sara. 

She has been talking the talking of wanting to get along for years, but she has yet to walk the walk. She is the epitome of a snowflake. 

Sara triggers her more than the others for some reason. I'm guessing the fact that Sara caused those articles with headlines that McCain was "fact-checked" last week only made it worse, lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sara triggers her more than the others for some reason. I'm guessing the fact that Sara caused those articles with headlines that McCain was "fact-checked" last week only made it worse, lol.

Maybe.  I think she doesn’t like Sara because people actually like Sara.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, After7Only said:

Exactly....who are all these people on the left that she is referring to that are going to create violence about courts?   She needs to call out specifics rather than just say the left.   Whenever Whoopi Joy or Sunny said something about the right, they have to preface it with, "Not you MM" or else she throws a fit about them generalizing. 

Would have loved to hear more from Sunny regarding the Supreme Court pick given she's the only lawyer and I believe only Catholic on the panel.

I especially think she'll cut it short if they have a really smart conservative guest host that tests well with the group and audience.   

I like Sarah most when she expresses an actual point of view instead of just trying to appease everyone.   She was great today.   Even with MM attacking her character.   Hopefully that was a turning point for Sarah and she'll stop trying to normalize MM's behavior.   

I think Sara has a different maturity this time around and views MM is her 5th kid.  The 3 lil ones + Ben + MM.

What's the story of the fact checking?  Were her facts correct?  I'd be curious with all the bullshit she spews.

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I thought Whoopi's homage to a lumberjack was a little off target for the serious RBG content.  Just sayin'.

What was that all about? I must have been in the bathroom

On 9/19/2020 at 10:27 PM, suomi said:

@TheView

Given what she recently tweeted she is very close to her due date. I hope she goes into labor on camera while waving a flag and grunting "Alexa, play Yankee Doodle Dandy."

heh heh heh funny

I bet she's back in under 2 weeks.  2 weeks or less.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Serious question - do you really think she will take more than a few days off after the baby is born?  I do not.  I believe she thinks she owes it to Middle America to speak for them.  Right.

I think Meghan will be back to work sooner than she should be, or sooner than any other first time (or any time) Mom would.  Meghan is the most disinterested expectant Mom have I ever seen.  Usually, by this time in their pregnancy, especially with first time mothers, they are mentioning their pregnancy and upcoming blessing as often as possible, inserting it into almost every conversation.

Meghan doesn't do that - she barely mentions it except to complain about something of a selfish nature.

I just don't get it.  She isn't happy, smiling or anything - I wonder if she is suffeing from prenatal depression.  I was not happy being pregnant - I suffered from constant nausea and morning sickness for the entirity of my pregnancies, did not like the way I looked and was a quietly cranky pregnant person.  But, each time, I was also excited and happily anticipating the births of my children and was looking forward to them coming into the world.  

I worry about Meghan's child - I don't know how Meghan will be able to adapt to motherhood, and actually love a child.  It makes me sad.  

(Oh - and that thing on her head was ridiculous.  Whoopie's crowns a while ago were also ridiculous, but Whoopie was able to pull it off - Meghan cannot!)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Meghan's whole look was strange.  THe super straight hair, the gold headband, and that white highlighter spot on her cheek.  

she talked about judge Barrett and how people are using the fact that she has 7 children against her.  I had read some of the objections to her, and I didn't know she had 7 children until Meghan told me.   But certainly her statement, that Sara read, bothers me.    And, if Meghan is going to use "getting kavanaugh'ed" as a verb, she should maybe define it better.  Because I would say "getting kavanaughed"  means  being a total jackass at a job interview and being hired anyway.  But that's my "View". 

When Meghan said kept saying 47% of America is "pro-life", does she realize that it means 53% are not?  Or, that even some who consider themselves pro-life (because, really, is anyone anti-life?)  think that abortion should be legal in some circumsances.  

One last thing.  Why does Meghan  seem to dislike Sara?   JEALOUSY.  Meghan looks at Sara, and see the cute blonde who has had 3 kids and looks great.  Meghan wants to be "the blonde girl", and she is struggling with body image, worried about being judged, and is very focused on looking sexy.  AND, Sara is liked by most people.  SHe can be boring and wishy-washy, but not many people will see Sara and think of her as a bitch.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
7 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan's whole look was strange.  THe super straight hair, the gold headband, and that white highlighter spot on her cheek.  

she talked about judge Barrett and how people are using the fact that she has 7 children against her.  I had read some of the objections to her, and I didn't know she had 7 children until Meghan told me.   But certainly her statement, that Sara read, bothers me.    And, if Meghan is going to use "getting kavanaugh'ed" as a verb, she should maybe define it better.  Because I would say "getting kavanaughed"  means  being a total jackass at a job interview and being hired anyway.  But that's my "View". 

When Meghan said kept saying 47% of America is "pro-life", does she realize that it means 53% are not?  Or, that even some who consider themselves pro-life (because, really, is anyone anti-life?)  think that abortion should be legal in some circumsances.  

One last thing.  Why does Meghan  seem to dislike Sara?   JEALOUSY.  Meghan looks at Sara, and see the cute blonde who has had 3 kids and looks great.  Meghan wants to be "the blonde girl", and she is struggling with body image, worried about being judged, and is very focused on looking sexy.  AND, Sara is liked by most people.  SHe can be boring and wishy-washy, but not many people will see Sara and think of her as a bitch.  

Joy was saying that the majority of Americans want Abortion to be legal and Nutmeg cut in and said that the 47% of America is pro-life, it was a headscratcher moment for me because  a majority does not mean everybody is in agreement.  She obviously does not listen to what the ladies are saying, she just barks at them with her dubious information from her blue cards.. Also, there are people in Nutmeg's team who want it to be legal as well just for them and not for anybody else, but don't tell Nutmeg that, she just might go into labor from the shock.. 

Her hatred of Sara is bizarre even for her.. I worry for Sara, she has been very honest with us about her struggles with depression and anxiety. Being mistreated and bullied on a daily basis by Nutmeg might stress her out and make her feel worst.  

• Love 8

One thing that was good was that Whoopi actually called out MeAgain re her stance on abortion. She said she doesn't appreciate other people telling her what she can or cannot do with her own body. Taking the choice away from her. And while not saying MeAgain's name, pointed out that people who are against abortion are not obligated to get an abortion, but those people want to impose their on Whoopi and others. It's an argument she has made many times before. While she was making her point, MeAgain had fish lips mouth trying to rebut, but Whoopi quickly wrapped it up and went to break, giving her no chance. 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
57 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Her look has been more extra than ever. I don't know if it's because she's heavily pregnant or she feels she has to step it up because Sara is back.

Everyone knows what Whoopi went through at 14. I remember it really bothered Joy that there's this implication she doesn't value life. For someone who claims to be so passionately "pro-life," Meghan's really just pro-birth. Has she condemned wars or capital punishment? Would she be open to gun laws that made everyone safer? Does she get how stupid she looks when she's more offended by someone peacefully protesting than she is about what lead to the peaceful protesting? Does she care if children are fed, housed, and educated? Considering all the views she shared, seems like she just wants babies born to me. I think Joy is more pro-life than Meghan is, and Sunny is someone who's pro-life across the board. Meghan's just a tribal hypocrite, but what else is new. 

Meghan definitely dislikes Sara. Anytime a perfectly nice person is disliked, jealousy is a fair guess. Meghan's inconsistent though. She fangirls all over Erika Jayne, who's definitely hot blonde competition, whether you like her or not. She's not sweet like Sara is though, so maybe you're right about Sara being a threat not just because she's hot but also likable. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

More on today's show. Reading MeAgain's words makes it even worse than I remember.  

it has showed that Democrats will do anything and everything to smear any conservative,

bitch please GIF

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/watch-the-view-ignites-after-meghan-mccain-says-she-expects-rumored-trump-scotus-pick-to-be-e2-80-98slandered-and-maimed-e2-80-99/ar-BB19gBxl

And here is a hilarious quote from the Fox News article.

One of my biggest concerns is, if we have a contested election in 2020 and it’s split even like it was in 2000, we have to have a full court ruling on it, so I think the potential for constitutional chaos is absolutely the most imminent it has been in my modern lifetime,”

What does that mean, MeAgain? Your modern lifetime? You are an idiot.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/meghan-mccain-kavanaugh-democrats-scotus

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

I saw on Twitter that if the Supreme Court was a deadlock the lower court ruling would just rule, so not sure what Meghan's point is.

I wonder if Meghan can think of a liberal who the conservatives don't smear.  She criticized Nancy Pelosi's refrigerator once.

Edited by davey3932
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Joy has never thrown a tantrum on the show.. Never! I have watched this show since it's inception...

Did you happen to see the show where Joy & Whoopie actually walked off the set during an interview with Bill O'Reilly?  Temper much?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Did you happen to see the show where Joy & Whoopie actually walked off the set during an interview with Bill O'Reilly?  Temper much?

They walked off because they didn't like the way Bill spoke about Muslims. Joy is a passionate, outspoken woman, but she is nothing like Meghan.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

They walked off because they didn't like the way Bill spoke about Muslims. Joy is a passionate, outspoken woman, but she is nothing like Meghan.

Yes, they are both passionate in their own way...just as they can both be rude in their own way. IOW, different degrees of rudeness.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Haha, to each his own. I'm a massive Joy fan and think she has a ton of patience. 🙂

I don't dislike Joy...and actually enjoy her stand-up routine(s). I just think her "passion" tends to bring out the worst of her personality. But, of course, these days politics is bringing out the worst in half of our population!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, MsTree said:

I don't dislike Joy...and actually enjoy her stand-up routine(s). I just think her "passion" tends to bring out the worst of her personality. But, of course, these days politics is bringing out the worst in half of our population!

For sure! I even feel it within myself. There is so much going on in the world and so many people more vocal than ever, it's hard even for people who are more pleasant and even-keeled to keep it together. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

For sure! I even feel it within myself. There is so much going on in the world and so many people more vocal than ever, it's hard even for people who are more pleasant and even-keeled to keep it together. 

I know. I have to bite my tongue every time I talk to a particular family member. It's really kind of sad because otherwise, we get along famously.

I guess all we can do is hope that better days are in front of us 🙏

• Love 4
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

For which they apologized. (Albeit reluctantly.)  Has Meg ever apologized for anything she said?

I’m still OOT and did not see the show, but Meg’s coining of the word “Kavanaughed”?  Does she not remember Bork or being “borked”?  (Right. Before her time.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Walking away from someone saying something offensive is NOT having a temper tantrum. Can you think of any other examples?  It was said that joy was always having tantrums, and I dont think thats even close to an accurate statement. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes Meghan needs to explain that poll. Was it 47% of people who think abortion should be illegal? Is it 47% of people who think abortion is wrong but believe it's a woman's choice?  She is always throwing out poll numbers without clarifying who was polled? How was the question asked?  She cherry picks numbers to bolster whatever argument she is trying to make.  To bolster the argument that Roe v Wade should remain intact Joy could have said 53% of people are pro choice. Which in reality that number is much higher no matter what Meghan wants to believe.

14 hours ago, falltime said:

She is playing the name game again.  Amy B. can't possibly be disliked because of her own words and actions. Nope it has to be because she is Catholic.  Meghan sees discrimination where there isn't any but ignores the discrimination that is real but doesn't affect her.

13 hours ago, davey3932 said:

I kinda like the tactic of screaming "I would be very careful of slandering!" when someone is about to direct quote someone.  And Meghan just praised democrats and republicans who are able to get along literally minutes earlier.  

This is not the first time Meghan has done this.  If she thinks someone she likes is going to have their own words used against them she gets angry and tries to dismiss it as an attack or a hatchet job. Her interview with Seth Meyers is a perfect example of her own words being thrown back at her and considering it an attack.

10 hours ago, Axie said:

I think she doesn’t like Sara because people actually like Sara.

As we  have talked about before Sara is what Meghan can only hope to be (and probably expected to be by some people). She is married with three kids and has a career in the media.  When she speaks about political issues she doesn't do it in antagonistic way or try to "own" the other side. She is close to her family and is well liked by her co workers.  And best of all she did it all on her own.  She earned her career.  I've long thought Meghan was a mean girl in high school and I'm sure even back then she hated the Sara types. The pretty girls who got along with everyone.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

(Oh - and that thing on her head was ridiculous.  Whoopie's crowns a while ago were also ridiculous, but Whoopie was able to pull it off - Meghan cannot!)

yeah, but i think whoopie was doing it to be funny, this spoiled snowflake thinks she's a beautiful princess with the ridiculous thing on her head

• Love 5
9 hours ago, bannana said:

One thing that was good was that Whoopi actually called out MeAgain re her stance on abortion. She said she doesn't appreciate other people telling her what she can or cannot do with her own body. Taking the choice away from her. And while not saying MeAgain's name, pointed out that people who are against abortion are not obligated to get an abortion, but those people want to impose their on Whoopi and others. It's an argument she has made many times before. While she was making her point, MeAgain had fish lips mouth trying to rebut, but Whoopi quickly wrapped it up and went to break, giving her no chance. 🤣

Whoopi had a back-alley abortion when she was 14, so it's not surprising that she has no time for Meghan's judgmental arguments about being pro-life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8