Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E23: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Does anyone else question why Ramona iced out Elise after years of close friendship (well, as close as Ramona can do)? I believe that as soon as Elise was straight -forward about something Ramona said or did (clearly not juicy gossip as I can't remember what Elise shared). It was as if Ramona suddenly saw her friend as a huge liability, given Elise's vault of secrets. She needs to join because she brings just enough controversy.

Speaking of Elise, I wonder why she hasn't show up at all on the reunion. She was in several of the shows. Sutton is also a "friend" and is on the NYC reunion. Did Elise really tick off Andy or what? She wasn't on the last trip either. 

I didn't watch the last part of the episode. Didn't want to hear Leah yelling about the bipolar stuff. It also annoys me how much Andy favors Leah and how rude he is to Ramona. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 9/18/2020 at 7:24 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The underlying cause of a lot (not all, certainly, but A LOT) of crime is poverty.  There are a lot of people in prison because they are mired in poverty and addiction issues and we'd do much better focusing on solving those problems than thinking that the criminal justice system is the right solution. (Ramona made a point of saying that Leah is , that she didn't derive her success from being a widow or divorcing a wealthy man). 

Great post. I agree with you (and partially Lu) re: prison. I don't live in the States but here I have found a significant number of prisoners (both non-violent and violent) are in prison for breaking the law while suffering from mental illness and not taking their meds. I don't know the answer, but I do know prison doesn't have programs to help them and it costs taxpayers a lot to pay for their incarceration. Yet, I don't think they should just be released. There's got to be a solution for dealing with criminals with mental health issues who refuse to take their meds. They scare me, yet jail isn't the answer. Our homeless numbers went through the roof when our mental health institutions shut down in late 70s and 80s. Also, Dorinda often talked of meeting her husband while waitressing/ hostessing at a restaurant. Her comments were beyond hypocritical. Tinsley's mother had her own family wealth (I may be remembering incorrectly though).

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

California is going to the no bail system where anyone who's arrested for anything except murder and robbery (I know I'm over simplifying here) are released immediately and we're supposed to just expect they'll show up for their court dates.

I haven't heard about this but I find the prospect of rapists, domestic violence abusers, pedophiles, stalkers, etc not being held in jail, terrifying. It's bad enough when they are able to make bail and go on to commit more crimes while their original victims try to stay hidden while suffering ptsd. Even something as minor as car theft leaves one feeling so violated and unsafe (from my experience). What solutions are there other than jail?

• Love 5
On 9/18/2020 at 11:36 PM, howiveaddict said:

Didn't she also have a broken leg one season? She wore a walking boot?  She probably fell drunk then.

I also remember reading how she chased someone out of a party or club with her shoe in hand.  Was that on the show?

You forgot the salt shakers that fell down on her foot, lol .. yeah, right.🍸😜🍷🍹🍺

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

You forgot the salt shakers that fell down on her foot, lol .. yeah, right.🍸😜🍷🍹🍺

You mean you don't have cast iron salt shakers? I'm SURE most of the rest of us do. lol

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

I haven't heard about this but I find the prospect of rapists, domestic violence abusers, pedophiles, stalkers, etc not being held in jail, terrifying. It's bad enough when they are able to make bail and go on to commit more crimes while their original victims try to stay hidden while suffering ptsd. Even something as minor as car theft leaves one feeling so violated and unsafe (from my experience). What solutions are there other than jail?

I know you didn’t say it I am just responding to the whole conversation in general.....And I just want to clear up some confusion on this.

Rapist and Pedophiles ARE considered violent offenders...I don’t know who said they aren’t because they are and they won’t be/ aren’t released like that  

Nonviolent crimes are defined as property, drug, and public order offenses which DO NOT involve a THREAT of HARM or an actual ATTACK upon a VICTIM.. hence the non violence part ...

This is for people in jail for weed/ drug charges or prostitution or stuff like that... non violent things they have done to themselves and they arnt getting off Scott free they still have to go to court and pay fines for that law they broke and stuff they just arnt held on a outrageous bail system that would otherwise keep them locked up until that court date happened because they couldn’t afford that bail... no one is letting rapist and murders and child molesters and drug cartels go free because they all have victims and WOULD HAVE bail standards set as such ...  

To have someone sitting in jail sometimes for over a year waiting for a backed up court date for not being able to afford a bail on something like a weed possession charge (which is legal in some states) which you can get and not even have weed on you you can get the charge if there is weed residue on something...... is ridiculous ... Good for Luanne even bringing it up tho...... ok my rants over lol 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14
24 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

You mean you don't have cast iron salt shakers? I'm SURE most of the rest of us do. lol

You mean the ones she used when Hillary and Bill came to dinner ?????  And Tom Hanks and Rita,  and OO7 ???  Where are they now? 🤪

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Yea those salt shakers!

Holy cats they really do make cast iron pepper grinders and salt CELLARS but not shakers. But then drunks make things up all the time.

Now I don’t have an exit button up there.  Chalby isn’t the only one.  A ghost among us.  Maybe deranged put a hex upon us.

• LOL 1
59 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I know you didn’t say it I am just responding to the whole conversation in general.....And I just want to clear up some confusion on this.

Rapist and Pedophiles ARE considered violent offenders...I don’t know who said they aren’t because they are and they won’t be/ aren’t released like that  

Nonviolent crimes are defined as property, drug, and public order offenses which DO NOT involve a THREAT of HARM or an actual ATTACK upon a VICTIM.. hence the non violence part ...

This is for people in jail for weed/ drug charges or prostitution or stuff like that... non violent things they have done to themselves and they arnt getting off Scott free they still have to go to court and pay fines for that law they broke and stuff they just arnt held on a outrageous bail system that would otherwise keep them locked up until that court date happened because they couldn’t afford that bail... no one is letting rapist and murders and child molesters and drug cartels go free because they all have victims and WOULD HAVE bail standards set as such ...  

To have someone sitting in jail sometimes for over a year waiting for a backed up court date for not being able to afford a bail on something like a weed possession charge (which is legal in some states) which you can get and not even have weed on you you can get the charge if there is weed residue on something...... is ridiculous ... Good for Luanne even bringing it up tho...... ok my rants over lol 

Thank you for the clarification. There is a lot of misinformation out there about criminal justice reform. It seems clear to me that the women that Lu, for instance, took to the salon aren't violent offenders and would benefit from other social supports than just being thrown in jail.

And to further clarify, no one is arguing against punishment for people who commit financial crimes like fraud, etc. No one is even arguing against prison time for those individuals. But there are a number of people in prisons and jails for more low-level crimes like drug possession, etc. and there are better ways to deal with the challenges they face. Furthermore, our criminal justice system over-polices minority communities to the point that "crimes" that would be overlooked in the upper middle class white community I grew up in land people in prison and derail lives. It's not good for them, and overall, it's not good for our society.

Anyway, again, by giving this a platform, Lu is actually spurring conversation about it (like what is taking place here) and I am not ever going to criticize someone with privilege for doing that.  IMO, she seems to know she was pretty lucky in her dealings with the criminal justice system (and she was - had she been a Black woman facing the same set of charges, I doubt she would have avoided prison time), and so good for her for using a high-profile position to highlight the experiences of other women who aren't so lucky. It's a thing that makes me like Lu (there are many things about her that make me dislike her but this isn't one of them).

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Back Atcha said:
  • There's actually a dictionary definition: drink too much alcohol
  • o·ver·drink  /ˌōvərˈdriNGk/  verb
  • past tense: over-drank

My son and his friends use this phrase all the time, along with "over-served", as if it was the bartenders' fault they were served the drinks that they ordered.   😂

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
On 9/18/2020 at 9:10 PM, Silver Bells said:

Bullshit.  She’s gone for good.  He said that so she wouldn’t go nuts.  He was probably shaking in his boots when he had to tell her, lol.

Dorinda would of been shouting over and over I made it nice !! while stabbing Andy. Oh and her lipstick would of been smeared too.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

Real Mormon Housewives of SLC? LOL, I'd watch but only if the wives went against husband's authority and broke some rules re:drinking and being submissive. I need a housewife revenge show to make up for all the crap they're trying to pass off as reality these last few years. Hello Bravo...?

Only two of the women are Mormon and it has one of the most diverse casts of the franchises.

• Useful 3
On 9/19/2020 at 2:12 PM, Back Atcha said:

This is from an April 2020 article regarding net worth.  Some have come a long way, Baby.  Or not.

• Tinsley Mortimer – $40 Million.
  • Luann de Lesseps – $30 Million
  • Dorinda Medley – $25 Million
  • Ramona Singer – $20 Million
  • Sonja Morgan – $10 Million
  • Leah McSweeney – $2.4 Million

Stats like this are always interesting, as they usually include property.  Which we know, at least in Sonja's case, is a run-down multi-million dollar townhome that she's been unable to unload.

The only one I think is truly self-made is, as much as I hate to admit it, Ramona.  She started "jobbing" when it was a brand new business model.  When she was doing it, it was considered to be "beneath", "less than", etc.  Like no one wanted designer clothes that were more than a minute old, but Ramona, boy, she was ahead of the curve there.  I was a department store buyer at that time, and "jobbers" were thought of as greasy-haired guys that all looked like John (of Dorinda & John).  Ramona turned it into a real business.  Kadooz (lol) to her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
On 9/19/2020 at 11:51 AM, Persnickety1 said:

I think it's beyond creepy that Dorinda seems to know what each and every housewife is up to, especially when they're not filming.

She asserts that Ramona is out on the town every night.  Maybe she is, maybe she isn't, but I got the feeling Dorinda has at least some receipts to back this up.  

She asserts that there was no "Bruce" and that "Bruce" was actually Scott all along.  Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but the way Dorinda presented this (and it turned out to be true) was as if she could have provided receipts to back up this assertion as well.

There are other examples of where Dorinda has presented information that a *normal* person (not that she's normal) wouldn't be aware of.

Anyone else remember when she said she had a dossier all about Sonja?  

I've often pondered whether Dorinda has a PI on the payroll who stalks follows her co-workers in case she can get any dirt on them to reveal during filming.  

Put together with her rage, envy, and obvious issues with alcohol, I think perhaps there's nothing Dorinda wouldn't do to "win."  

For the sake of all the other women who had to work with her, I'm glad she's gone.  

Toxic doesn't begin to describe Dorinda Medley.  

Yes!!! I remarked after the show last week that I thought Dorinda had PI following Tinsley in Chicago/NewYork and elsewhere. Who the hell would Dorinda be friends with that just happened to be at Niagara Falls and recognize Tinsley and take photos of her and Scott? Come on now...I could definitely see Dorinda hiring a PI to get dirt on fellow castmates to use against them on the show. The fact that she admitted she planted the piece on Page Six about her break up with John all the while accusing Ramona of it was almost diabolical. She is one effed up woman.

• Love 15
On 9/18/2020 at 12:45 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Personally, I don't recognize this.  None of the other generations have these little bridges and I think this little 5 year grouping thing is very silly.  I think someone has tried to push this in some kind of misguided vanity/narcissism and I hope it dies out.  Boomer comes before Gen X which comes before Millennial (Gen Y) which comes before Gen Z.  Very simple.

People love to bring up Oregon Trail, blah blah but the thing is there's a whole world out there.  There are millions of people all over the world who never played freaking Oregon Trail, yet they still are part of generations.  It's just too precious for me.

I get it. But, this isn’t a recent thing (other than the name). Even when Gen X was “the” generation of the moment back in the 90s, I was acutely aware of not belonging to that group and not belonging to Gen Y. It wasn’t a personal feeling, it was always out there- this “bridge” generation. I don’t know why it happened that way, but this is not recent.

• Love 1

A lot of us identify with another group since we don't really fit into the group we were "assigned". It happens to most of the people I know except for maybe GenY. The classification is too general for anything other than magazine articles. I am classified as a Boomer but I fit Gen X better since I came in at the very end of the Baby Boomers. These "rules" just pit people against each other which is really unfortunate these days.

• Love 5
On 9/19/2020 at 11:51 AM, Persnickety1 said:

She asserts that Ramona is out on the town every night.  Maybe she is, maybe she isn't, but I got the feeling Dorinda has at least some receipts to back this up. 

Does it really matter if she is out on the town every night?  She's a wealthy, single woman in her 60's, who is pretty much responsible only for herself.  It wouldn't be my choice, but it doesn't have to be.  Some people go to bars, some people prowl the aisles of Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, and the Christmas Tree Shops for holiday decorations.  As long as they are not wreaking havoc, to each their own.

• Love 21

The media is obsessed with pitting generations against each other.  When Gen X was younger, the media was obsessed with painting them as do-nothing slackers, so the Gen X wore it as a badge of honour.

Then, the media became obsessed with painting Millennials as spoiled brats who kill industries (because we have no money to buy anything).

The media is coming for Gen Z next.  They're already forming the stereotypes.

The media is fuelled by rich people in power who would like to blame the younger generations for their own economic issues, rather than admit reality of course, which is capitalism, greed, corporations pushing bad economic policy, recessions, etc.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

A lot of us identify with another group since we don't really fit into the group we were "assigned". It happens to most of the people I know except for maybe GenY. The classification is too general for anything other than magazine articles. I am classified as a Boomer but I fit Gen X better since I came in at the very end of the Baby Boomers. These "rules" just pit people against each other which is really unfortunate these days.

The labeling of our culture.  The bane of our existence.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Does it really matter if she is out on the town every night?  She's a wealthy, single woman in her 60's, who is pretty much responsible only for herself.  It wouldn't be my choice, but it doesn't have to be.  Some people go to bars, some people prowl the aisles of Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, and the Christmas Tree Shops for holiday decorations.  As long as they are not wreaking havoc, to each their own.

Right?  And Dorinda spews it out there like she's some sort of criminal for doing so.  

And her comment to Tinsley, the "I hate your life" spoke volumes to me about how petty and vindictive Dorinda can be.  

I don't think she's a monster only when she drinks.  

I think perhaps she's always a monster but the alcohol just exacerbates it.  

• Love 16

Dorinda is miserable.   It's hard to fathom since on paper she's got a pretty good life; plenty of money, good health, and family.  Of course none of that seems to mitigate her pain - which is hard for me to understand.   Since I'm not a target of her alcohol fueled attacks it's easier to step back and see a woman consumed by her own misery.   I think Ramona tried to do this too.   Dorinda had to go but hopefully she (or her family)  will see her firing as an opportunity to get some real help with the alcohol and find a way to see her life from a perspective of gratitude.  

Sorry for the serious tone on a fun snarky forum but seeing Dorinda as a miserable person is preferable to me than just as a social monster.  Either way, I agree it's not entertaining and she needed to go.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Yes!!! I remarked after the show last week that I thought Dorinda had PI following Tinsley in Chicago/NewYork and elsewhere. Who the hell would Dorinda be friends with that just happened to be at Niagara Falls and recognize Tinsley and take photos of her and Scott? Come on now...I could definitely see Dorinda hiring a PI to get dirt on fellow castmates to use against them on the show. The fact that she admitted she planted the piece on Page Six about her break up with John all the while accusing Ramona of it was almost diabolical. She is one effed up woman.

Dorinda is the type you see in the movies.  Always plotting her next move to have something on people.  How sick is that?  Then she switches to the nice person who helps and takes you to Church.  Besides alcohol, she needs psychiatric therapy. 

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 13

I remember when Dorinda said she had a dossier on Sonja. I think she said it was a friend of Richard who worked for the CIA who compiled it for her. She told this to Carole at Ramona's house before the infamous Holland tunnel display at the dinner table. Even Carole who was her firend looked shocked. I could see her hiring a PI to dig up dirt on people. And I also think that Bravo has thier spies out tailing the housewives and they pass along info. like they did with the Tom story to Bethenny. It's pretty sick when you think about it.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The media is fuelled by rich people in power who would like to blame the younger generations for their own economic issues, rather than admit reality of course, which is capitalism, greed, corporations pushing bad economic policy, recessions, etc.

If this is your opinion, so be it, but it’s not an “of course” as if there is no room for argument.  It’s my opinion that capitalism solves problems, and the hard data support that.  Just like it’s my opinion that Ramona should have free rein to talk about how she processed Leah’s behavior at her party, and it’s her option to discuss Leah’s self-documented mental health problems as a possible reason for Leah’s behavior.  It doesn’t mean that “of course” Ramona is right and Leah is wrong, though, it’s just my view on it.  

• Love 13

This Housewives of N.Y. has said and done it all.  I’m wondering what could be ahead.  They started filming, so they already have new people, now they need new ideas.  Maybe Sonja and Ramona will have new boyfriends? Leah’s life has many possibilities.  LuAnn will continue talk/singing.  Maybe some trips?  What else?  Who will be the villan?  I hope it’s not going to be disappointing as it’s my only housewives show now.  Except for OC, without Vikie and Tamra, thank God.  Does anyone know who stayed and who went?

• Love 1
On 9/20/2020 at 9:32 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

This. 
a car theft is not akin to a ln assault on a person or losing someone to murder. IMO.

u have lived a very sheltered life if that’s the case. Jail is a waste of tax payer money. It is privatized and that should make all take pause that the imprisonment of humans, is a business. 

not saying I know the answer. I have suggestion, some proven to work, but’s that off topic. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Love 4
On 9/21/2020 at 11:01 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Right?  And Dorinda spews it out there like she's some sort of criminal for doing so.  

And her comment to Tinsley, the "I hate your life" spoke volumes to me about how petty and vindictive Dorinda can be.  

I don't think she's a monster only when she drinks.  

I think perhaps she's always a monster but the alcohol just exacerbates it.  

Who cares who’s out every night?  Dorinda is in the house in her pj’s at night because she’s already sloshed from drinking all day long.  She’s probably had a few by noon .. then takes her daily nap around four, then start having cocktails dinner time until she goes to bed.  I give Ramona credit for all the energy she has at that age.  I know I’m done after four in the afternoon, and I am not a drinker at all.  I just love my t.v. and books on my couch.  The husband is in the bedroom with his sports and news, and I’m on the couch with my blankey on, especially my electric one lately, lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 9/18/2020 at 7:50 AM, LibertarianSlut said:

SMH with regard to Luann saying that “the prison system in this country is in a bad state...and a lot of people...should not be in jail for...[non] violent crimes” with Leah mm-hm-ing and co-signing all the way.  

Ok, so let me get this straight—non-violent offenders categorically don’t belong in jail?  Someone should be allowed to case my house, watch me leave, break my locks and windows, steal my jewelry and TV, and they should...receive a warning?  Or just get away with it because it’s “non-violent”?  I’m sure Luann wouldn’t be quite as charitable about this if someone swiped her bedazzled vibrator or a Jovani dress from her collection.  

I suspect that Luann & Leah's feelings on the issue of "non--violent offenders often being disproportionately sentenced" is primarily about penalties for drug crimes.  The Mandatory Minimum Sentencing of Fed Drug Offenses is a major concern of groups like The Sentencing Project which highlights the impact of excessive sentencing on everything from families being torn apart to lifetime voter eligibility ( a BIG issue this year).  Oookay!  Enuf of "real life."  Back to the Real Housewives Reunion -- which always beats reality!! ☮️ ☢️  ☮️

• Love 6
On 9/20/2020 at 10:37 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

And to further clarify, no one is arguing against punishment for people who commit financial crimes like fraud, etc. No one is even arguing against prison time for those individuals. But there are a number of people in prisons and jails for more low-level crimes like drug possession, etc. and there are better ways to deal with the challenges they face. Furthermore, our criminal justice system over-polices minority communities to the point that "crimes" that would be overlooked in the upper middle class white community I grew up in land people in prison and derail lives. It's not good for them, and overall, it's not good for our society.

Plus, always good to remember that people who are out on bail haven't committed a crime in the eyes of the law. If Lu and a poor person did the same thing, everyone would expect her to pay bail just as she did. She still wound up in court.

On 9/21/2020 at 4:53 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

I get it. But, this isn’t a recent thing (other than the name). Even when Gen X was “the” generation of the moment back in the 90s, I was acutely aware of not belonging to that group and not belonging to Gen Y. It wasn’t a personal feeling, it was always out there- this “bridge” generation. I don’t know why it happened that way, but this is not recent.

And really, the only one that's an actual thing is the Baby Boom because it was referring to a trackable thing--the birth rate was above a certain number for X number of years. So if you were born in that last year, you're part of it. But that doesn't mean you'll identify with the people born five years earlier more than five years later.

It's kind of interesting listening to Luanne and Leanne both have to straddle the "I didn't like myself so I stopped drinking/I can drink to have fun" line over and over. It's certainly nicer than Dorinda constantly accusing everyone else of being drunks as if it makes anybody think of her as less of a drunk.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Who cares who’s out every night?  Dorinda is in the house in her pj’s at night because she’s already sloshed from drinking all day long.  

She's probably jealous that Ramona has a social life!  Kadooz to our Noodle for enjoying life.  She does seem like a high-energy type of person, so sitting still for very long may not be her thing - although there is nothing wrong with that for people who would rather have quiet time!  😉 

• Love 10
On 9/21/2020 at 3:35 PM, Silver Bells said:

Dorinda is the type you see in the movies.  Always plotting her next move to have something on people.  How sick is that?  Then she switches to the nice person who helps and takes you to Church.  Besides alcohol, she needs psychiatric therapy. 

I read that Dorinda will be officiating at Kelly Dodson's marriage and Ramona will be there too. 

• Useful 2
On 9/20/2020 at 6:32 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I have learned that when an American criminal is sentenced to 46 years, they can likely be released after 15 years for 'good' behaviour, I am speechless.

On 9/19/2020 at 8:20 AM, howiveaddict said:

I feel sorry for whoever dates/ marries Dorinda.    They will live forever in Richard’s shadow.   
I must be too obsessed with Dorinda.   I only have to type Dor on my phone and it suggests Dorinda!  🤷‍♀️

I often wonder if Dorinda brings Richard into every conversation because he's the only reason she's on the show. Prior to Richard, she could address different tricks of the trade when it comes to waitressing. Richard was the one who opened society/etiquette doors for Dorinda, yet she mocks Tinsley? Good riddance, Dorinda!

• Love 3
On 9/19/2020 at 12:12 PM, Back Atcha said:

This is from an April 2020 article regarding net worth.  Some have come a long way, Baby.  Or not.

• Tinsl
  • Leah McSweeney – $2.4 Million

If this is the case I don't blame Leah for digging in her heels and asking for a higher paycheque. The HWs were pretty horrible towards Leah in the brginning.

• Love 1
On 9/18/2020 at 11:21 AM, BrownBear2012 said:

Bethenny always picks up on "mentoring" one of the "wives" that seems to be having trouble in the group or who is having "issue" like drinking. 

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I miss Beth's quick wit, and her comfort in calling out the women when they were 'pretending' for the camera. Bethany could guarantee at least one good belly laugh whenever she was on. I also loved that she called Dorinda out on her nasty behaviour when drinking, and Dorinda didn't attack or deflect because Bethany's too quick for that nonsense. I can see Dorinda trying to maintain a friendship with Beth because Dorinda needs to associate with NYers who have prestige and money, hence Bethenny...

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 4

Did anyone else notice when Andy corrected Ramona (?) When she said "kudos to ...". Andy interrupted and pronounced it Koo-dooz. My French Canadian upbringing has always insisted the pronunciation is Ku-doughs.

(Emphasis on doughs sound)

It's pretty sick when you think about it.

It's reminiscent of Hollywood in the 40s and 50s, when people like Hearst kept dossiers on Hollywood stars, studios employed thugs to follow and intimidate people, and powerful gossip columnists trafficked in information that could destroy lives.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

It's reminiscent of Hollywood in the 40s and 50s, when people like Hearst kept dossiers on Hollywood stars, studios employed thugs to follow and intimidate people, and powerful gossip columnists trafficked in information that could destroy lives.

Let's not forget J. Edgar Hoover.

16 hours ago, Chalby said:

Did anyone else notice when Andy corrected Ramona (?) When she said "kudos to ...". Andy interrupted and pronounced it Koo-dooz.

15 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Kudos-he was ribbing Ramona since for once she said it correctly, he said it the way she has always mispronounced it.

Yeah, Chalby...YEARS ago she pronounced it Ka-DOOZ (often), so we all pronounced/spelled it that way.  It was fun.  Just like everything, Ramona took the fun out of that...even THAT!!

• Love 2
On October 4, 2020 at 5:58 PM, Back Atcha said:

Chalby...YEARS ago she pronounced it Ka-DOOZ (often), so we all pronounced/spelled it that way.  It was fun.  Just like everything, Ramona took the fun out of that...even THAT!!

As only Ramona can... (Take the fun out of everything). She'd be exhausting to date because she doesn't get witty or subtle humour. She's not even up to date with current or popular events. What does Ramona have to talk about (other than herself) when she's on dates?

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 2
On 10/4/2020 at 4:11 AM, Chalby said:

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I miss Beth's quick wit, and her comfort in calling out the women when they were 'pretending' for the camera. Bethany could guarantee at least one good belly laugh whenever she was on. I also loved that she called Dorinda out on her nasty behaviour when drinking, and Dorinda didn't attack or deflect because Bethany's too quick for that nonsense. I can see Dorinda trying to maintain a friendship with Beth because Dorinda needs to associate with NYers who have prestige and money, hence Bethenny...

Yes...there is that element in Bethenny but there's also the flip side where she can be a bully. The way she treated Kristin Taekman, Heather and at the end Carole was nasty and mean spirited. When she feels threatened by someone else's career success or by their good looks she is just a bitch. Because Carole spent the summer traveling and vacationing with other friends Bethenny got jealous and launched an onslaught of insults, digs and sarcastic remarks. She can be petty and cruel...I don't miss her and her tacky Skinny Girl schlock.

• Love 9

Rapist and Pedophiles ARE considered violent offenders...I don’t know who said they aren’t because they are and they won’t be/ aren’t released like that ...

Yes, both examples are sexual abuses of power, thus violent, BUT given that we are supposed to see the people involved as 'innocent' until proven guilty, I have witnessed countless proceedings where the alleged abuser is released on their own recognizance or they're able to post bail which is generally quite low, unless the crime involved has a high media profile. I feel I cannot relax until they're apprehended for the trial.

Meanwhile, my stepdaughter received a $500 fine and lost her license for 18 months because she had a half inch marijuana roach stubbed out in her ashtray. This was very frustrating given that we all knew our country was 2.5 years away from making weed legal.

I agree with u regarding Luanne- good on her!

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Yes...there is that element in Bethenny but there's also the flip side where she can be a bully. The way she treated Kristin Taekman, Heather and at the end Carole was nasty and mean spirited. When she feels threatened by someone else's career success or by their good looks she is just a bitch. Because Carole spent the summer traveling and vacationing with other friends Bethenny got jealous and launched an onslaught of insults, digs and sarcastic remarks.

I agree with you re: Beth's treatment of Kristin and Heather, but not with regards to Carole. They were both at fault during these arguments/ disputes. I also believe that Beth is neither jealous nor threatened by anyone's success because she is so far ahead of all of the NY women when it comes to success and wealth.

• Love 1