Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E23: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

The ladies relive their trips to the Hamptons, Newport and Mexico, including all the drama in between; Ramona addresses Leah's behavior, and tempers flare when she claims Leah ruined her birthday party with her risqué dance moves.

Airs September 17, 2020.

I didn’t think Tinsley’s makeup was the best on the reunion.  That highlighter that’s so popular doesn’t alway work.  Maybe it’s the lighting.  I think her face just looked sharp and pinched because she was stressed.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 15

I think Tinsley has a horse face.  I think she’s a nice woman but I don’t understand all the comments about how attractive she is.

Here we go with Luann and the three felonies, spending one night in jail horror.  Her next song should be, “Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen.”

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

because u arnt hearing Dorindas shrill voice screaming about transparency over and over anymore lol

Nah Tinsley just gets under my skin ☺️ I see some of the things I hate about myself and who I used to be in her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Dorinda totally interrupted LuAnn mid sentence after Andy asked her about the fight with Dorinda in the Berkshires.  

Yes, we saw LuAnn ask Tinsley if she was trying to get pregnant in the previews, what happened?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Why did Dorinda need a friend to plant the story about her and John to Page Six?  Because Dorinda had a lot going on with her house and her broken rib?  Huh?  That doesn’t pass the smell test. 

There was a smidgen of something that Dorinda said that resonated with me when Dorinda said to Andy that the producers tell them they have to show their whole lives and Tinsley only lived in New York in a hotel from September to December.  Bethenny had the same exact issue with Tinsley at the last reunion.  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.  By the same token, I had no idea what Dorinda was going on about with regard to Bethenny and not Tinsley bringing Leah onto the show.  Who cares?  

Holy shit, Tinsley has grown a great big set of balls and I’m excited about her for the first time ever.  Maybe it’s because she knows she can walk off this stage and fly back to Chicago and not see these women around town.  Whatever it is, I dig it.  

“Who gives a shit about Bethenny” Ramona for the win!  Why is Dorinda making this her cross to die on?  It’s one thing to break the fourth wall at the reunion and spill the tea about behind the scenes shit, and it’s another to go full Soviet-style producer and say that Tinsley had no right to leave because the cast was down a person.  Da fuq?  

Luann brings a vibrator on vacation??  Judging by how much dick she gets, between the pirate and the married Scottish guy, isn’t that the most redundant thing to pack ever?

I don’t have a problem with the word “servants.”  Unlike Luann, I’ve been in the service industry through college and beyond, and I wouldn’t care if anyone called me a servant while I was giving service, as long as I was getting paid.  Sounds like virtue signaling.  Color me shocked that Leah didn’t jump onto that one with piss and vinegar.  

Luann is such a bitch about getting put in the basement.  She pulled the same shit in Vermont when they put her in the basement in that gorgeous villa.  I would so much rather sleep alone in the basement, with my own space, than anywhere near these strange women and their drunken bodily functions.  

Sonja pulling at her struggle titties with a thousand yard stare <le sigh>

Luann can miss me lecturing about hashtag prison reform.  She didn’t even know enough to know that the viewer was wrong and Luann had been incarcerated.  She wasn’t eating that bologna sandwich with the frozen mustard packet at the Palm Beach Ritz Carlton.  

I don’t believe Luann’s crocodile tears about her father now.  I think it’s a totally cynical attempt to sell books.  Like I stated at the time the episode aired, when Heather tried to talk to Luann about her father in season five, Luann balked and not in a this-hurts-too-much-to-discuss-way, but in a this-isn’t-interesting-to-me-at-all kind of way.  

Just for fun, I’d love to place Sonja and Luann at opposite ends of Times Square during rush hour and place a hundred dollar bill on the ground.  I wonder which one of them would Incur more bodily harm and stampede more pedestrians, cyclists and taxis to get that cash.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9

I kind of can see both sides of the Ramona/Leah conflict. I think Leah can be crass and attention-seeking but on the other hand, Ramona treats her like she's a kid and not an adult and that would bother me, too. And she does seem to hold her to a different standard than Sonja and Dorinda, both of whom can be pretty vulgar in their own right.

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I kind of can see both sides of the Ramona/Leah conflict. I think Leah can be crass and attention-seeking but on the other hand, Ramona treats her like she's a kid and not an adult and that would bother me, too. And she does seem to hold her to a different standard than Sonja and Dorinda, both of whom can be pretty vulgar in their own right.

As Ramona said, she sees Leah as a "daughter."  Maybe in her own weird way she's trying to protect her, or at least set her on a path so she doesn't end up like her psycho/drunk friends (Dorinda & Sonja.)

Edited by ChitChat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Steph J said:

I actually don't think Ramona brought it up to be malicious, I think she was genuinely trying to explain Leah's OTT behavior.

She is the only one who had a problem with Leah’s behavior, Sonja was right there with Lean acting extremely messy on all the same occasions, she actually could have hurt someone with her mirror dancing, and wasn’t questioning Leah’s behavior when Ramona brought it up.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I’m pretty sure Leah’s 12 year old could Google her mom’s article about being bipolar as easy as Ramona’s friend did. Silliness. 

Seriously.  The article is out there.  Why would you go on a show like this where EVERYTHING will be revealed at some point.  Leah has only herself to blame for her own outing. 

14 minutes ago, nexxie said:

“She beats her own drummer.”

I think Ramona has said that before.  She just can't quite get those little sayings right!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 16

I read an article about Leah being Bipolar written in 2016.  So while Ramona should not have been the one to announce this on the show, it was out there.  How is it possible she hasn’t talked to her daughter about this before the show.  She had to know it would get out there.

I just cannot see Ramona having sex with anyone, much less a multitude of random guys.  Years ago after the Moroccan trip, when the fortune teller told Ramona that Mario had another woman, she went home and had a scene in a black negligee trying to seduce Mario.  It was so uncomfortable and awkward.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

Lu took it on the chin when Andy pointed out that she didn’t score with the tennis instructor.  I like anyone who can have a sense of humor about themselves. 

I realized Ramona is probably having a lot more sex than anyone suspects.  She’s probably quite frightening in the sack when you think about it.

Dorinda is waiting for COVID to be over before pursuing George Glass.  

Color me shocked that Leah needs an emotional connection to go to bed with someone.  That certainly makes her more interesting to me than the downtown, cool girl party animal she’s tried to portray for the season.  

It’s funny to me when Leah says, “you can fuck with me, but don’t fuck with my sister.”  Leah, you need a safe space when anyone passes any type of judgment on you whatsoever.  Don’t pretend to be this bad bitch who can be fucked with.  It’s the exact opposite.  Every goddamn thing triggers her.  

They’re rewriting history about Leah’s dress at Ramona’s party.  Ramona did pull it down and she even covered for Leah by telling her she had a run in her stockings.  It was only after Leah continued to do it and wouldn’t listen to reason that Ramona reacted about the cameras.  

Why does Andy think Ramona needs to alter her behavior to accommodate Leah’s drunken and impulsive behavior, whether at Ramona’s own birthday party or in Rhode Island?  Isn’t that ass backwards?  Ramona made a point to ask Leah before the party not to do exactly what Leah did, and Ramona’s getting blamed.  This is heavy Leah favoritism once again, and the conspiracy theorist in me thinks it’s because she’s, ahem, cough, sputter, “young and beautiful” (Andy’s words, not mine), which is this new demographic Bravo is apparently targeting.  

I hate when Andy yells at the women.  I’d rather him just activate a mute button or something.  Also, he’s a giant hypocrite, as he is constantly cutting guests off on WWHL.  On Andy’s show, no one is ever allowed to have an organic conversation or say anything more than a sound bite or Andy gets visibly hot under the collar.  He’s a fucking asshole who had like two bright moments last week.  I’m not holding my breath for next week.  

Leah’s bipolar disorder and her hospitalization and the fact that Ramona brought it up on TV when it was already published in a blog is a Leah problem for being on TV, not a Ramona problem.  If Leah is afraid of what Kier is going to see, then she never should have gone on the show.  She embarrassed herself regularly and thoroughly across the entire season.  Andy was dead wrong here.  

Dorinda is calling Luann a “poor girl” because Ramona theorized that Luann was still drinking at the last reunion, but Dorinda sounded off on Luann’s drunken arrest in an underhanded way twice this season, so which one is it?  And Dorinda’s claim that Luann “could have been arrested” based on that is ludicrous. Yes, because the musings of some reality TV bimbo really provides the police with probable cause.  If Luann had gotten re-arrested, it would have been on her for violating her parole/probation/whatever the hell.  

I know it’s low and kind of simple, but I like Ramona’s rejoinder to Dorinda that she should drink some more once Dorinda started in with the low blows.  I came of age in the big self help craze of the late 90s and early aughts, and one slogan that used to go around a lot was “we teach people how to treat us.”  Sho‘ nuf, Dorinda has finally succeeded in teaching us that. 

Leah is so sick (in the colloquial sense, not the DSM-V sense) in her Electra complex with Ramona as fallen mother figure.  Not since Buster Bluth on Arrested Development have I seen such misplaced angst about family:

1013ED6A-052D-4766-86D9-361A9CFFFEC4.jpeg.07a5ccb74b636033a42108927f501a43.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She is the only one who had a problem with Leah’s behavior, Sonja was right there with Lean acting extremely messy on all the same occasions, she actually could have hurt someone with her mirror dancing, and wasn’t questioning Leah’s behavior when Ramona brought it up.

Sonja did hurt someone - Dorinda reportedly had a decent sized piece of glass in her foot and had to go to the ER to get it removed. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

As Ramona said, she sees Leah as a "daughter."  Maybe in her own weird way she's trying to protect her, or at least set her on a path unlike her psycho and drunk friends. 

I think that is part of it, but I would find that pretty annoying, too.  I would feel like, "I already have a mother, I don't need you to be another one." So I get Leah's frustration there, even though I think that Ramona thinks she's being protective. 

• Love 1