Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E23: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Let’s not forget the Xennials (the bridge between the Gen X/Millenial generations approx 1977-1982). No clue who ultimately comes up with the ranges. Always the most forgotten.

aka: the Sandwich Generation or my favorite...the "Oregon Trail" Generation...dysentery anyone?  ;-) 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I didn’t think Tinsley’s makeup was the best on the reunion.  That highlighter that’s so popular doesn’t alway work.  Maybe it’s the lighting.  I think her face just looked sharp and pinched because she was stressed.

Agree.  I didn't care for her makeup or styling at all.  Sonja looked good from the neck up, hated Ramona's makeup/styling too.  Dorinda's dress and hair were weird (usually I like her hair at least), Leah looked good from the neck up, guess that leaves Luann for the reunion Best Dressed trophy.  She'll probably add that accolade to the playbill for her next Broadway show.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Chalby said:

I laughed out loud when Dorinda said her friend "planted" the story. Page 6 writers and editors have the easiest job. People desperate to stay relevant have their friends phone in their latest activities, so page 6 doesn't ever have to try and find a scoop. Dorinda was so desperate to be in the news, she chose a friend who she felt would have the best chance to get her name online or in print. The entire housewife franchise phone in their own gossip.

You can bet that friend is a former NY housewive, name begins with B.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Rhetorica said:

Oh my. There's a third reunion show?????

Yeah, at this point they're dragging them out for revenue generation.  There was certainly nothing in particular about the first two installments here that couldn't have been edited down to one episode.  I've found them to be rather boring and just an extension of the screaming harpies that we've been subjected to for the preceding season.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, at this point they're dragging them out for revenue generation.  There was certainly nothing in particular about the first two installments here that couldn't have been edited down to one episode.  I've found them to be rather boring and just an extension of the screaming harpies that we've been subjected to for the preceding season.

Yes, three episodes is too long but with one notable exception this is a pretty good natured group. Watching them is not like watching Beverly Hills which is the equivalent of finger nails on a blackboard.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

And, this is why the New York ladies will always be the best, imo.  Ramona, for all her faults, just always makes me laugh.  

Speaking of Bethenny, I’ll bet she’s already found a rich guy for Dorinda while Dorinda was staying with her out in the Hamptons this summer.  Bethenny knows lots of eligibles.  Where’s Elise?  Wonder if she will be on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I loved seeing what another poster perfectly  called “backbone Tinsley “. Where has she been all this time?! Loved!

Also, and this is no comment in Dorinda, because she is terrible, but by that point Andy had to have known they were going to fire her, and that mofo sat there, fake gushing over Dorinda and the dreamy boys she likes. He’s a pretty despicable character himself.

• Love 19
10 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

It’s funny that we can know this, but an entire network can be disillusioned by something that was probably pitched to them by a millennial who was educated beyond his or her level of intelligence.  

Appeal of the shiny and new without thought to substance and endurance.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I thought the desirable demographic was to some extent based on whether advertisers thought that target groups had settled into their buying patterns and so were likely to actually act on advertising they saw.

Of course my question is who actually WATCHES advertising on television anyway since everyone I know has a DVR and fast forwards through all advertising.

At any rate, boomers with lots of money have targeted stereotypical advertising. Golf games are notorious for having ads for retirement funds and Cadillacs 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Rhetorica said:

Oh my. There's a third reunion show?????

Of course - we have yet to see Leah’s vagina, Sonja fall off a chair, Ramona scoop poop from beneath her chair, Lu sing Happy Buurthday, and Dorinda’s head explode.

Edited by nexxie
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

Did I miss the housewives pointing out the hypocrisy of Dorinda chastising Tinsley for being a gold digger? 

Dorinda came from a very modest background as did Sonja, Ramona and Luanne. They seem to have grown up in blue collar homes. Their current wealth and social status is solely because they married wealthy men who left them money - either in a divorce settlement or in the will.

I am not sure what Tinsley's current financial situation was but she was born into wealth - married and divorced a wealthy man - and seemed to live a relatively affluent life prior to the show. I admit to being a bit confused about her wealth as I had read that her father had lost the family fortune but the mother seems to live well.

At any rate, how insane is it for Dorinda of all people to try to shame Tinsley by bringing up Scott's wealth. 

• Love 24
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

SMH with regard to Luann saying that “the prison system in this country is in a bad state...and a lot of people...should not be in jail for...[non] violent crimes” with Leah mm-hm-ing and co-signing all the way.  

Ok, so let me get this straight—non-violent offenders categorically don’t belong in jail?  Someone should be allowed to case my house, watch me leave, break my locks and windows, steal my jewelry and TV, and they should...receive a warning?  Or just get away with it because it’s “non-violent”?  I’m sure Luann wouldn’t be quite as charitable about this if someone swiped her bedazzled vibrator or a Jovani dress from her collection.  

And Leah can have several seats.  If she came home to find that some stranger had ravaged Kier’s room while she was away, hell would hath no fury.  She really is a stealth Karen if you read some of the articles online that I’ve read.  

I absolutely agree with Luanne and Leah on this issue. The idea that all people who are currently in prison are just interested in "casing" someone's home and are just, you know, itching to burglarize you is... interesting.  The underlying cause of a lot (not all, certainly, but A LOT) of crime is poverty.  There are a lot of people in prison because they are mired in poverty and addiction issues and we'd do much better focusing on solving those problems than thinking that the criminal justice system is the right solution.

So IMO kudos to Luanne for using her platform for talking about that essential truth. I don't have much sympathy for the situation that Luanne found herself in. But I have a ton of admiration for her for using the platform she has for dispelling myths about who is in prison and why. 

On a totally separate note, I would normally have been annoyed with Ramona, in her praise of Leah, running down the other women. (Ramona made a point of saying that Leah is self-made, that she didn't derive her success from being a widow or divorcing a wealthy man). But Dorinda is such a heinous human being that I was okay with Ramona making that dig, even though it was also basically a dig at Lu and Sonja. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, Chalby said:

I laughed out loud when Dorinda said her friend "planted" the story. Page 6 writers and editors have the easiest job.

Already pointing the deflecting finger at Ramona back at that time when she suggested to Sonja that Ramona could be the leak.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I'm guessing that the shit must hit the fan at the next reunion in order for Dorinda to be let go.   Andy is definitely annoyed with her, but so far he doesn't have that "you're fired" look in his eyes.  I'm curious as to what the final straw actually was.

He probably knew before the reunion, but wanted to get anymore craziness in.  People were already writing in on SM I guess.  I wanted to, but it’s so confusing to leave a comment.  He knew people were disgusted.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I absolutely agree with Luanne and Leah on this issue. The idea that all people who are currently in prison are just interested in "casing" someone's home and are just, you know, itching to burglarize you is... interesting.

It would certainly be an interesting sentiment if I had posited the idea that “all people who are currently in prison are just interested in ‘casing’ someone’s home” and “itching to burglarize [me].”  However, that’s not what I said, so I’m not going to pay that silly notion any mind.  

Luann made what I consider a very ignorant statement that non-violent offenders are poor candidates for incarceration at the reunion.  A burglar, as opposed to a robber, is a non-violent offender.  Ipso facto, Luann believes that burglars should be let out of jail or not jailed in the first place.  It’s my opinion, based on the facts, based on what is currently occurring in the UK where property crimes are routinely dismissed  and innocent people are suffering greatly from it, that Luann made an ignorant statement. 

The woman doesn’t even know that she was incarcerated.  She should do more thinking and listening and less talking IMO.  

2 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The underlying cause of a lot (not all, certainly, but A LOT) of crime is poverty. 

I’m not sure of the source from which this statement has been derived, but it’s not truthful, based on the research I have done.  The major source of crime is social pathology and permissive attitudes about crime.  The empirical evidence gathered by Hoover Institute Fellow Dr. Thomas Sowell has proven that to be the case over the span of decades.  

2 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

There are a lot of people in prison because they are mired in poverty and addiction issues and we'd do much better focusing on solving those problems than thinking that the criminal justice system is the right solution.

I’m taking this as an opinion you hold and I reject this assessment as it is stated.  My belief is that justice is achieved when criminals are punished for the anti-social behavior that victimizes Individuals and debases society as a whole.  Once those offenders are appropriately sentenced, studies should be conducted and resources should be allocated to specifically target other social ills that our society is facing.  That is my opinion. 

It’s not personal, but judging by the way that my original sentiment was mischaracterized in an attempt to portray me as paranoid, when I was actually expressing a valid, thoughtful, mainstream point of view, I am not going to go back and forth about this.  I only engage in honest, well-intentioned debate that is grounded in a search for truth.  I don’t have a surplus of time or patience for rhetoric, so I’ve reached the end of the road on this one.    

Oh look, the ponies are by the pool.   

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, amarante said:

I thought the desirable demographic was to some extent based on whether advertisers thought that target groups had settled into their buying patterns and so were likely to actually act on advertising they saw.

Of course my question is who actually WATCHES advertising on television anyway since everyone I know has a DVR and fast forwards through all advertising.

At any rate, boomers with lots of money have targeted stereotypical advertising. Golf games are notorious for having ads for retirement funds and Cadillacs 🙂

And erectile dysfunction medications.

• LOL 3

My answer button is not working.  I agree with “Escape” up there that this bullying is not working.  Dorinda getting away with murder was making my heart pump up unnecessarily.  Why were they afraid of her?  Afraid that she would pull out a gun and shoot them?  WTF?  She was like the “Don” of the group.  She is not a socialite.  She is a street thug.  Corny, but what I would love to see are trips to other countries, beautiful estates to stay in, good food shown, beautiful rooms, etc.   Morestreet scenes with market places to buy hats and junk jewelry.  Out of the way places to have lunch whil watching people go by.  Bantering between Sonja and Ramona, then going to sleep.  How about a train ride through the vineyards of Italy?  Bravo can certainly afford it.  LuAnn picking up strangers in every port.  That’s what I wish for.  BH go everywhere.  Why can’t NewYorkers?  It will be like watching the Travel Channel, but with crazy women.  I read they will start filming again in a few weeks.  I hope they do a turn around.

So sorry.  I meant to say “Kemper” was the poster who said what I was referring to.  So sorry Kemper.  🙀🤪

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I didn’t think Tinsley’s makeup was the best on the reunion.  That highlighter that’s so popular doesn’t alway work.  Maybe it’s the lighting.  I think her face just looked sharp and pinched because she was stressed.

Her face is sharp and pinched and her nose is non-existent at this point.

I really don't see this amazing beauty that others apparently do.  I don't see her as stylish either.  To me, she dresses and accessorizes like an 18 year old.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

Mentioning?  If Ramona doesn't like a castmate getting any kind of attention over her, she searches for any negative or iffy info she can use to dim that castmate's light. Saying a drunk person behaved that way because she mixed her bipolar meds with alcohol is a blatant lie that Ramona gleefully threw out there. I took a valium at my father's funeral 7 years ago and I do not drink. But if someone saw me last night, affected by some champagne I was toasting a couple with, can they then say, she's dizzy cause she drinking on valium? We catch Ramona lying every season. The only difference between her and Dorinda is Ramona is quick to say sorry and expects everyone to get over it. When Leah wrote about her experience being prescribed meds for bipolar, she also noted she didn't stay on the meds as they didn't work. She also had this experience during the decade she was sober. Somehow Ramona didn't share that bit of news.

Oh, I wasn't trying to defend Ramona's bringing it up (I remember her doing but don't remember the exact context--but it's certainly in Ramona's character to throw it out to hurt her). But even if I assume Ramona was throwing out to hurt her, I just don't get somebody doing a show like this and then getting angry at something personal that they wrote about online coming out on TV. Like it should be obvious that while she's comfortable getting drunk on TV and talking about her substance abuse problems and sex, being bipolar is something she'd have been hiding from her child all this time and obviously expected to continue to do that on TV and OMG, now she has to have a talk with her daughter about it.

I’m not sure of the source from which this statement has been derived, but it’s not truthful, based on the research I have done.  The major source of crime is social pathology and permissive attitudes about crime.  The empirical evidence gathered by Hoover Institute Fellow Dr. Thomas Sowell has proven that to be the case over the span of decades.  

But having money and the right background can be the difference between going to jail for a crime and not. Plenty of people who have hurt a lot more people, violently or not, didn't serve as much time as somebody found with a small amount of pot.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, escape said:

Leah being bi-polar has long been public information - that Leah has openly shared.  It's on her website.  She should be more concerned about explaining to her daughter her crazed drunken behavior and why she sold out 9 years of sobriety to be on TV.

This is what cracks me up. If your kid finds out something because you are on a reality show and someone googled and found out, it's on you if you haven't told your kid.

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

She wishes she had a Scott .. with lots of money.

The way she kept harping at Tinsley like she was some gold digger who was with Scott for his money was so weird BUT she also knew that Tinsley was raised with a certain degree of manners so she wouldn't just snap back with a simple, "I was born rich, I married rich and I'll die rich" response.

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I loved seeing what another poster perfectly  called “backbone Tinsley “. Where has she been all this time?! Loved!

Seeing as how Bravo decided not to show us that very important scene of Dorinda yelling and threatening John, I wouldn't be surprised if Tinsley did have a few moments of "giving as good as she got" with Dorinda, but they didn't show it.  On the other hand, like Ramona said, once Dorinda gets wound up you can't stop her.  Without a mediator, it's hard to get your point across while Dorinda's jaws are flapping.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Jel said:I loved seeing what another poster perfectly  called “backbone Tinsley “. Where has she been all this time?! Loved!

Also, and this is no comment in Dorinda, because she is terrible, but by that point Andy had to have known they were going to fire her, and that mofo sat there, fake gushing over Dorinda and the dreamy boys she likes. He’s a pretty despicable character himself.

1 hour ago, BloggerAloud said:

Knowing what we know about Dorinda being fired, the first ten minutes of this part of the reunion was absolute gold. Dorinda had such a smug sense of hubris while going at Tinsley and even with Andy because she clearly felt like she was irreplaceable to the series and Tinsley telling her that her Achille's heel was her inability to apologize for her behavior seems like an extra stinging attack when you know that Dorinda is no longer on the show. It's like watching someone think that they are going to be proposed to while everybody else knows it's a break-up.

Like it's rare when you can really FEEL the "Oh she's getting fired" energy during a reunion. I remember when it was season 4 of Atlanta and you could just feel that Sheree was getting let go, especially when they trotted essentially a GREATEST MOMENTS montage for her, and you had Nene telling Sheree she had chosen the wrong team. It felt similar with Dorinda.

Also, I feel like all of her fourth wall breaking really must have driven Andy crazy. Plus Dorinda seemed so ill-prepared for a Tinsley with a backbone because I think Tinsley's strategy while on the show was not to poke the bear that is Dorinda's anger and now that she's off the show, she has the freedom to be more open with her views.

49 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

He probably knew before the reunion, but wanted to get anymore craziness in.  People were already writing in on SM I guess.  I wanted to, but it’s so confusing to leave a comment.  He knew people were disgusted.

The other night on WWHL, Andy had a bunch of podcasters who talk about the Housewives on (like the watch what crappens guys). Andy said that when they were debating if they wanted to keep a housewive after the season was filmed, they would make their decision on whether to let them go or not on how they performed at the reunion. So I’m guessing Dorinda sealed her fate with they way she behaved at the reunion.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, laffytaffy997 said:

The other night on WWHL, Andy had a bunch of podcasters who talk about the Housewives on (like the watch what crappens guys). Andy said that when they were debating if they wanted to keep a housewive after the season was filmed, they would make their decision on whether to let them go or not on how they performed at the reunion. So I’m guessing Dorinda sealed her fate with they way she behaved at the reunion.

Smug little bitch.  I wonder what she’s blabbing about on Twitter or anything else she’s on.  Anyone know what she is saying?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

SMH with regard to Luann saying that “the prison system in this country is in a bad state...and a lot of people...should not be in jail for...[non] violent crimes” with Leah mm-hm-ing and co-signing all the way.  

Ok, so let me get this straight—non-violent offenders categorically don’t belong in jail?  Someone should be allowed to case my house, watch me leave, break my locks and windows, steal my jewelry and TV, and they should...receive a warning?  Or just get away with it because it’s “non-violent”?  I’m sure Luann wouldn’t be quite as charitable about this if someone swiped her bedazzled vibrator or a Jovani dress from her collection.  

I'm guessing Luann was referencing the thousands of people (mostly People of Color) in prison for drug possession charges.  Or the thousands of people sitting in jail because they don't have access to (sometimes minimal) bail; people who have yet to even have been convicted.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 22
13 hours ago, ancslove said:

I think Dorinda is generally spilling too much about behind-the-scenes stuff for Andy's liking.  Especially that Leah didn't know Tinsley before she was cast.  These shows like to introduce newcomers "organically", even if they have to fake it.

Anybody else remember in season 1 of RHOC when Jo had to go introduce herself to a table full of her new castmates with no introduction at all?  (ETA Kimberly might have been the only new co-worker, but there were several country club type women at the table).  Bravo didn't even try to pretend she knew any of those women.  It was all sorts of awkward and strangely entertaining.  

Maybe Bravo needs to go back to that approach and stop trying to make their casting decisions seem "organic."  

I was working while this reunion installment was airing.  I heard bits and pieces.  Sounds like Andy kept handing Dorinda a few feet of rope at a time and she kept proverbially hanging herself with it.

I think I'll find it even more enjoyable knowing how it all culminated.

And I'm hoping to not see Leah (and her sister who is apparently attached to her hip) next season.  Outside of her drunken bullshit (which I personally find deplorable), I don't feel she brings a single thing to this show.  

Happy Friday, everyone  😄 

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, amarante said:

Did I miss the housewives pointing out the hypocrisy of Dorinda chastising Tinsley for being a gold digger? 

Dorinda came from a very modest background as did Sonja, Ramona and Luanne. They seem to have grown up in blue collar homes. Their current wealth and social status is solely because they married wealthy men who left them money - either in a divorce settlement or in the will.

I remember years ago Ramona telling Bethany she had already made her first million before she married Mario at age 36.   She really is 'self made' or "Beats her own drummer" 😀  But yeah Sonja, Luann, and Dorinda married their money.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

What I want to know is why is Bethenny getting soooo involved with Dorinda?  The goodness of her heart?  Besties now?

Same reason she got involved with Lu - she sees a woman in the depths of alcoholism and despair and takes an opportunity to play God. Soon she'll be staging an intervention and going to all the press outlets about how she just wanted to get Dorinda help.

Then she'll do to Dorinda what she did to Lu: Lord it over her head, turn on her, and take every opportunity to talk about her behind her back and tear at every small stitch of sobriety Dorinda might manage to sew. That's Bethenny Frankel. You'll never see her cavorting with an equal. Tragic cases only for Queen B, whose supremacy must never be challenged.

Best moment of the reunion was Ramona walking off and telling them to shut it about Bethenny. B was definitely in Dorinda's ear about all this, likely before this year. B also hated Tins for reasons unknown and Dordina mysteriously picked up the baton. B has serious FOMO - she never misses an opportunity to pull the strings and Dorinda was likely her useful idiot all season long.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 22

I generally like Leah and think she is a good addition to the cast, at least bringing a slightly different perspective to the mix (definitely more successful than RHOBH attempt to add a younger cast member: Teddi, yikes).  She is annoying when she is wasted, but that can be said about all of the cast (I think I have had my fill of watching Sonja flail around incoherently).  I can see both sides of the bipolar issue.  On one hand Leah already put it out there, so the concern of Ramona making it public rings hollow.  On the other, there was a very gossip-y feel to how Ramona approached it with her friends and Sonja, which sort of rubbed me the wrong way. 

All and all, I think Crackerjacks herself, Lu, came off as the winner of the season to me.  I even liked her goofy, much-maligned sparkly hat (it reminded me of something Vanity 6 would have worn in 1982 or something).  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I absolutely agree with Luanne and Leah on this issue. The idea that all people who are currently in prison are just interested in "casing" someone's home and are just, you know, itching to burglarize you is... interesting.  The underlying cause of a lot (not all, certainly, but A LOT) of crime is poverty.  There are a lot of people in prison because they are mired in poverty and addiction issues and we'd do much better focusing on solving those problems than thinking that the criminal justice system is the right solution.

So IMO kudos to Luanne for using her platform for talking about that essential truth. I don't have much sympathy for the situation that Luanne found herself in. But I have a ton of admiration for her for using the platform she has for dispelling myths about who is in prison and why. 

I can't seem to add this to my last reply, I just wanted to say yes, very well put. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Regalbegal said:

All and all, I think Crackerjacks herself, Lu, came off as the winner of the season to me.  I even liked her goofy, much-maligned sparkly hat (it reminded me of something Vanity 6 would have worn in 1982 or something).  

Ha!  I forgot about Crackerjacks!   And yes I'd agree Lu won this season.   Much like her drunken tumble into the shrubbery on another season, getting smacked in the face with the volleyball moments after telling us how good she was/is at the game was gold that would make a terrific gif!

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, Regalbegal said:

I generally like Leah and think she is a good addition to the cast, at least bringing a slightly different perspective to the mix (definitely more successful than RHOBH attempt to add a younger cast member: Teddi, yikes).  She is annoying when she is wasted, but that can be said about all of the cast (I think I have had my fill of watching Sonja flail around incoherently).  I can see both sides of the bipolar issue.  On one hand Leah already put it out there, so the concern of Ramona making it public rings hollow.  On the other, there was a very gossip-y feel to how Ramona approached it with her friends and Sonja, which sort of rubbed me the wrong way. 

I'm in the minority where I also like Leah.  The funny thing for me is that one of the beefs with her is vulgarity.  Bethenny was well loved and as vulgar or worse.  And often the vulgarity was just an attempt to shock and wasn't all that funny (I loved Beth her first seasons but disliked her when she came back). 

I didn't love Leah drunk, but in general I like her and think she was a good addition to the show.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 8

When Ramona and Leah were arguing about Leah’s behavior at Ramona’s party, Andy kept yelling at Ramona, “let her finish! Let her finish!” Andy, where were you when Dorinda deliberately kept speaking in an aggressive tone while Tinsley was trying to explain her situation? Demented never once let Tinsley finish a sentence that I recall without interrupting and speaking over her.

He is incredibly biased and a terrible moderator. He has his favorites, like Rinna on Beverly Hills, and lets them get away with everything and anything.

By the way, I dictate my comments and then review them. I did notice that when I dictated Dorinda, it wrote Demented, but I decided I loved it so I left it there.😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11

In these first two reunion episodes, Dorinda has gotten off way way way too easy. Andy never does a good job trying to make the women on these franchises accountable for their horrendous behavior. He finds it amusing.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Mar said:

In these first two reunion episodes, Dorinda has gotten off way way way too easy. Andy never does a good job trying to make the women on these franchises accountable for their horrendous behavior. He finds it amusing.

And this has always been my beef about Greasy Andy hosting these reunions.  He honestly seems to enjoy the women fighting, shaming, and yelling and what's worse thinks his mostly female audience enjoys it as well.  

• Love 12
3 hours ago, amarante said:

What about the generation above the boomers?  The ones still hanging on?  Talk about invisible!

• Love 6
16 hours ago, ichbin said:

Leah is upset about Ramona brining up the bi-polar issue because her daughter saw it on the show, but she's okay with her daughter watching all the other stuff she herself did?  Shut up, Leah!  I am so hoping this jerk doesn't wind up inking a deal for a second season

She has been holding out on signing a contract for the next season because in her opinion she did not get a large enough raise. They started filming without her a few days ago. They will probablyNegotiate something. I would be happy if she didn’t come back.

Edited by Mar
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

A burglar is not considered to be a non-violent offender FWIW. It is considered to be quite a serious offense and is generally a felony.

Non-violent crimes are those like possession of pot or other so-called victimless crimes. And the poor are disproportionately jailed for those types of crimes and often spend long periods of time prior to trial because they can't make bail. This then plummets people and families living on the economic edge in the best of time into economic catastrophe.

When was the last time a white college kid was jailed for pot. Years ago there was a huge discrepancy between sentences for coke and crack cocaine because coke was generally the drug of affluent white people. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
16 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Nah Tinsley just gets under my skin ☺️ I see some of the things I hate about myself and who I used to be in her. 

I think this comment shows so much self awareness and I really admire that you are able to admit this.  Usually when we have such strong feelings about someone it is indeed about our own issues, not the other person.  I only wish Dorinda could have like .01% of this same awareness.

15 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

If I was her I’d worry more about how her daughter will react to her getting crazy drunk, talking about her winged vagina, making out with the bartender, etc...

Seriously!  Being bipolar is a true medical condition.  What about all the other antics.  I think being bipolar is the least of Leah’s problems if her daughter has watched the show.

16 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think Leah can be crass and attention-seeking but on the other hand, Ramona treats her like she's a kid and not an adult and that would bother me, too.

And it’s a terrible cycle as well - Leah acts like a child therefore Ramona treats her accordingly; Ramons treats Leah like a child therefore Leah acts accordingly. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Agree.  I didn't care for her makeup or styling at all.  Sonja looked good from the neck up, hated Ramona's makeup/styling too.  Dorinda's dress and hair were weird (usually I like her hair at least), Leah looked good from the neck up, guess that leaves Luann for the reunion Best Dressed trophy.  She'll probably add that accolade to the playbill for her next Broadway show.

Dorinda and Ramona had the worst make up and styling. Too much bronzer or self tanner on both of them and Ramona's fake hair looked silly as well as her negligee dress where her fake boobs were practically popping out. Dorinda's dress was so gaudy and flashy it almost blinded me. Looked like she wore that to Studio 54 back in the 70's. I thought Tinsley's make up was fine...she low keyed the lashes which actually made her look younger. Her dress was OK but I think she should try wearing more sleek straight dresses instead of the ball gown look. She has the body and she would look less like the debutante and more like a  sophisticated adult. I think she's trapped in a fashion rut that she feels comfortable in.

• Love 5