Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: From Snow to Sand

Temperance
  • Start Topic

Jinger and Jeremy take advantage of all California has to offer when they take friends on a snow to sand adventure. Back in Arkansas, the guys throw John a Dad-chelor party to welcome him to fatherhood. Then, Joy and Austin share exciting news.

The "breakout stars" from Counting On will be heavily featured in tonight's episode.  The word "Dad-chelor" is dumb although I guess a party to celebrate fatherhood is okay as they don't light anything on fire. And I bet y'all can guess Joy's and Austin's news if you think back to the beginning of the year when this was filmed. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The "breakout stars" from Counting On will be heavily featured in tonight's episode.  The word "Dad-chelor" is dumb although I guess a party to celebrate fatherhood is okay as they don't light anything on fire. And I bet y'all can guess Joy's and Austin's news if you think back to the beginning of the year when this was filmed. 

Seems a weird word to coin (or is this already a thing?). My first impulse would be that it referred to an unwed father.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Seems a weird word to coin (or is this already a thing?). My first impulse would be that it referred to an unwed father.

Yes that was true of last week's episode. They said JD "went from Bachelor to the rapture to fatherhood".  It sounds weird to say that about married man. Their daughter was born 2 months after their first wedding anniversary. 

• Love 3

Why do they continue to make up stuff?  Dad-chelor party, really?  Yet another gender reveal. yawn  Though I will give Joy a pass given her miscarriage.  JD's brothers and Austin seemed sincere when talking about him. I am pretty boring but I think I would have a better show than Duggars.  I like Jeremy so much more when he is interacting with his old friends, they seem interesting and fun.  Too bad they are not around all the time to curb his pretentiousness. 

Next week, why is Jana still single and uh, I already forgot. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

The two nice things I'll say about the Datchelor segment:

1. Spurge seemed genuinely thrilled to be in an activity with the "big boys." I think it also helped that Henry wasn't there.

2. I do feel like Austin and JD have a pretty genuine friendship. 

That said, just steak for food! That was a hell of a lot of steak as well. I would have at least gotten a bunch of chips, dips, and other snacks, even if they didn't full-blown cook anything.

Most of the Dad jokes were cringey. Especially Josiah's as Austin had to correct him. Although Spurge's was cute.

• Love 5

How did Suprgeon not get any steak? not one little cut up piece?

I know it is Jan/Feb - but they guys couldn't do the steaks on a grill - inside or out ? I guess my mouth was watering for a charcoal grilled when they were in the butcher shop.

If Suprgeon came, I think the other male cousins should have also come - they could have played in another room.

• Love 2

I don’t understand why Jeremy was so surprised that Jinger used to fly kites. It’s not just something they do in the countryside. I grew up in the “concrete jungle” as Ben calls it, and when I was a kid, I used to fly kites too.

• Love 10

Surprised Jinger came out of her shell on an excursion...but she couldn't at least dip her big toe in the ocean  - to say she done it? 

I think two points of the Dad-Dud party was to : (a) show off Jer/Jed house on TLC camera and (b) show to the neighborhood that they actually had people over, simulating they Jed does live there until the primary or general election.

I truly can't see him having a logical solution of his own and educated stance, that the majority of any party will agree with, on any state topic that the people want solved or changed. But I guess the $40k salary would make him a financially successful for a bride. Let me see who is running against - send up a flare if his debate is posted somewhere. The political climate and voter has changed greatly since JB was in office. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

Jessa:"Pretty Epic".  m'kay

On a cold Jan/Feb afternoon , unloading  a bag/box of pink paper on a open field flown by someone who flys all of the time. 

legallyblond.gif.a8cbe74190abe7ed3a8d9a9c2cc6d0ff.gif

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8

Did anyone else notice that, in the bachelor party scene when the guys were all sitting on the sofa, Jed had a pillow over his tee shirt? All the tees had sayings on them, like "Best Uncle Ever." Maybe Jed's said something like "Husband to Be," and he's the one in a courtship.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

Did anyone else notice that, in the bachelor party scene when the guys were all sitting on the sofa, Jed had a pillow over his tee shirt? All the tees had sayings on them, like "Best Uncle Ever." Maybe Jed's said something like "Husband to Be," and he's the one in a courtship.

I thought him and Jer had matching shirts in one of their talking heads. 

6 hours ago, sATL said:

I know it is Jan/Feb - but they guys couldn't do the steaks on a grill - inside or out ? I guess my mouth was watering for a charcoal grilled when they were in the butcher shop.

I think there was a shot of Joe grilling steaks on the front porch. 

Spurgeon wins this episode. It was so obvious that he was trying to “get” the Dad-chelor party, but understood how dumb it was. Also, he knew that he was going to Jed and Jer’s sham front house where there wouldn’t be any food or water, so he stashed some crackers in the car. 

• LOL 10

Jinger very publicly throwing shade at Jeremy for his deprived childhood with no kites?   I would have paid for her to have made that comment to a friend who turned and responded, my parents said kite flying leads us astray into wild and sinful behavior.

Jinger able to do a respectably on point impression like a charged up, young twentysomething might on a night out at the club with her friends as if they're about to get turnt -- in preparation for their four-person tubing run.    She's clearly witnessed some behavior that doesn't match with her sheltered, in the bubble existence.

Big budget dadchelor party with the t-shirts and the steaks and the package of diapers.  Unfortunately it wouldn't extend to even put a small portion of steak on Spurgeon's plate?!!  WTH?   And looky who proposed having a beast feast for all the new births -- ole moneybags pops himself.   Clearly production picked up the tab.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Zella said:

Oh do tell! 😆

Something to do with kidnapping, and Josiah's punchline was that the kid was napping. Then Austin said that the kid was tired. Or something like that, I'm going off of memory.

8 hours ago, sATL said:

How did Suprgeon not get any steak? not one little cut up piece?

If Suprgeon came, I think the other male cousins should have also come - they could have played in another room.

The only male cousins who could have come and not needed constant supervision would be Michael, Marcus, Israel, and maybe Henry and Sam. The others are toddlers and younger. Israel and Sam aren't on the show, so they're out. Michael and Marcus attending would mean that Sex Pest would have to attend and we can't have that.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Who was the little sarcastic girl with Josie?

"How am I supposed to know?  I've never been to  dadchelor party!"

You go, girl!  No keeping sweet for that one!

That was Jordyn. Don't worry, Michelle doesn't know who she is either. 

5 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I thought him and Jer had matching shirts in one of their talking heads. 

I think that was Jason with Jeremiah. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

How old is Spurgeon? I only barely paid any attention to this but I don’t give my kids steak. It’s too chewy and I’m afraid of them choking. It’s not until they turn about 7 or 8 that I let them really have more than a small piece of it. I do make them something else to eat though 🙂

Also, I’m of the mind that he really shouldn’t have been there in the first place. My in laws will frequently do a girls night and invite all the nieces (6 total) and it bugs that crap out of me because you know the only person that has boys in the family-me. So my two kids never get to be included in anything with their cousins because they are boys. Either invite all kids or no kids. Personally I prefer my girls nights to be kid free.

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 10

They have a plan-to kill us all with BOREDOM. This was one of the most inane episodes yet. Give it up Duggars, nobody is buying what you are selling. Well except JillR, she probably eats it up.

Edited by Chicklet
I spelt them wrongly.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, sATL said:

Surprised Jinger came out of her shell on an excursion...but she couldn't at least dip her big toe in the ocean  - to say she done it? 

I could be remembering wrong, but didn't the Duggars take a big family vacation on the original recipe show to the west coast, and the Pacific Ocean was one of their stops? I can't tell you which kids stepped in, but I'm pretty sure she's been there before. 

21 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Now I'm wondering if Pest was there, out of camera range.  

I'm going with he wasn't there, just based off of the glowing things the other guys were saying about John David and I'm not sure JD has been as forgiving of Josh's fuck ups as some of the others. 

• Love 7
On 9/8/2020 at 4:39 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

apparently dadchelor parties have been a thing for years but I wish the duggar men would have did this version

Gifts

The exchange of gifts at a Dadchelor Party is optional, but is encouraged. It adds an awkward moment into the party, in which the Dadchelor's friend make the dad-to-be open his gifts while "oohing" and "aahing" like one would do at a normal baby shower-style party. Gifts can range from gift cards to fast food places to Sports stores.[5] Other men bring gifts that will contribute to their night of male bonding or even pay for the dad-to-be and his travel expenses. Gifts also are exchanged for alcoholic beverages, for example, "Chuggies for Huggies," where the guests bring diapers in exchange for beers.[1]

• LOL 4
26 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I could be remembering wrong, but didn't the Duggars take a big family vacation on the original recipe show to the west coast, and the Pacific Ocean was one of their stops? I can't tell you which kids stepped in, but I'm pretty sure she's been there before. 

I looked it up. It was titled, On The Road With 16 Children. It aired in 2006, and was one of the specials before Season one started.

ETA, a picture:

1FF02F08-B1CF-479B-9BF0-D3A2314C3CC5.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Jinjer seems to have a broken-out face this season.  The only time I had similar skin issues is when I was about her age, and went off birth control pills.  Has she always had acne problems?

She hasn’t had the greatest complexion, but also she was in between a miscarriage and getting pregnant again, so her hormones were probably pretty out of whack. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I always thinks it's kind of odd when Jeremy's friends visit. James and Seung Hye seem like they would be fun people to hang out and be friends with. Luis and Cara do too. What the heck do these people have in common with pretentious asshat Jeremy anymore? And I wonder (since they've known Jeremy for a long time) what they truly think of Jinger. I can't imagine they envisioned him with some young, super naive, uneducated girl. 

• Love 14
On 9/9/2020 at 5:25 PM, Fostersmom said:

I'm going with he wasn't there, just based off of the glowing things the other guys were saying about John David and I'm not sure JD has been as forgiving of Josh's fuck ups as some of the others. 

I remember him saying that he had to step up and be the older brother that was a good role model.  I won’t say he was angry but he seemed very upset at Josh. 

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I don't think Ma and Pa will ever acknowledge that their daughters were harmed in any way.  

I think that must go with the overall belief system they're naturally drawn to. Reminds me of the Paines seeming perfectly happy to marry off Tabby to the unrepentant anal rapist (and the Duggs throwing a big party to celebrate it).

And the whole Gothard gang -- although they did run Bill off the ranch to preserve their own reputation -- also pretty much willingly participating in downplaying and fighting the complaints and lawsuit from the women he messed with. 

Their PR operation requires them to pretend to care about stuff like that only to the point that they can fool the general public who don't observe them very closely. (Like the Duggs' Megyn Kelly interview)

Beyond that, boys (including 80-year-old boys) will be boys and boys want sex and sexual exploration.  And boys are in charge, per Jesus's orders. So it's females' job to lie there and think about the eternal reward the godly guy messing with them is gonna get because he has a heart for the correct Jesus. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jeremy said he met his friend in a Bible study. The couple went to the beach on an 85 degree day, wearing long pants and a long skirt. Are they Fundy?

That or they're Richard Nixon. LOLOL

article-2717322-2049BD1000000578-308_634

• LOL 14
Just now, GeeGolly said:

'Cept his looks like a photo-op stroll. This couple went to spend the day at the beach picnicking and flying kites.

I've read Nixon would sit by himself in a suit at home, so I think this was just business as usual for ol' Dick at the beach. 

But yeah that's insane clothing for picnicking and flying kites. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe @ginger90 could grab a screen shot of the friends. I have no idea how to do that. It's even more odd because when they arrived at J & J's place the friend was commenting on how hot she was, but Jinger had on a long sleeved jacket.

0526A3AB-8123-486A-A26C-E21DF2680D99.jpeg

B96EBC8C-D09F-47C7-B259-171C00BADB23.jpeg

8F6FE136-4A70-4795-B695-2E3559A6BC3F.jpeg

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

0526A3AB-8123-486A-A26C-E21DF2680D99.jpeg

B96EBC8C-D09F-47C7-B259-171C00BADB23.jpeg

8F6FE136-4A70-4795-B695-2E3559A6BC3F.jpeg

Are these current or are they old photos being posted to make us believe they are current? Because LA is no place to f&*k with COVID-19 right about now. So either way, I think it's irresponsible, whether they are actually being so cavalier or just modeling such cavalier behavior by pretending it is current. If you get my point from such a tortured sentence.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Are these current or are they old photos being posted to make us believe they are current? Because LA is no place to f&*k with COVID-19 right about now. So either way, I think it's irresponsible, whether they are actually being so cavalier or just modeling such cavalier behavior by pretending it is current. If you get my point from such a tortured sentence.

These are screenshots from a previous episode. I think it aired 2 weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

These are screenshots from a previous episode. I think it aired 2 weeks ago.

Ah, thanks. I either did not watch it yet or I did watch it and went to sleep or I did watch it and remembered nothing about it. Anything is possible other than remembering anything that "happens" in a Duggar episode.

• Love 2

I wonder if this wasn't filmed around the same time as Jinger's surprise party. I thought I caught a glimpse of their friends at the party and thought it was odd they weren't identified since they've been on the show before. So maybe their "arrival" to the house was staged, and they just stayed for a few days after the party to film this. If that's the case, then it would have been December which even in LA can call for pants and long sleeves. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Zella said:

I've read Nixon would sit by himself in a suit at home, so I think this was just business as usual for ol' Dick at the beach. 

Ol’ Dick at the beach - my mind immediately went to the gutter.  Or it could be a good name for a tropical drink.

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

I wonder if this wasn't filmed around the same time as Jinger's surprise party. I thought I caught a glimpse of their friends at the party and thought it was odd they weren't identified since they've been on the show before. So maybe their "arrival" to the house was staged, and they just stayed for a few days after the party to film this. If that's the case, then it would have been December which even in LA can call for pants and long sleeves. 

I think the couple did mention it being cold in NY when they came. But they also filmed them at the beach and someone mentioned it was 85 degrees out.

• Useful 1